Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in London, Ontario, Canada
Locale: London, Ontario, Canada
Publications180 found, 100 shown here
- MacFabe D, Cain D, Rodriguez Capote K, Franklin A, Hoffman J, Boon F, et al. Neurobiological effects of intraventricular propionic acid in rats: possible role of short chain fatty acids on the pathogenesis and characteristics of autism spectrum disorders. Behav Brain Res. 2007;176:149-69 pubmed..Thus, intraventricular administration of PPA in rats may provide a means to model some aspects of human ASD in rats. ..
- Gros R, Van Uum S, Hutchinson Jaffe A, Ding Q, Pickering J, Hegele R, et al. Increased enzyme activity and beta-adrenergic mediated vasodilation in subjects expressing a single-nucleotide variant of human adenylyl cyclase 6. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:2657-63 pubmed..These data indicate that the expression of a novel, relatively common variant of ADCY6 parallels an increase in adenylyl cyclase activity and adenylyl cyclase-mediated function in humans. ..
- Pereverzev A, Komarova S, Korcok J, Armstrong S, Tremblay G, Dixon S, et al. Extracellular acidification enhances osteoclast survival through an NFAT-independent, protein kinase C-dependent pathway. Bone. 2008;42:150-61 pubmed..Thus, this study reveals that extracellular acidification enhances osteoclast survival through an NFAT-independent, PKC-dependent pathway. Increased osteoclast survival may contribute to bone loss in systemic and local acidosis. ..
- Chiu J, Farhangkhoee H, Xu B, Chen S, George B, Chakrabarti S. PARP mediates structural alterations in diabetic cardiomyopathy. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;45:385-93 pubmed publisher..This study has elucidated for the first time a PARP-dependent, p300-associated pathway mediating the development of structural alterations in the diabetic heart. ..
- Nikolova S, Moyanova S, Hughes S, Bellyou Camilleri M, Lee T, Bartha R. Endothelin-1 induced MCAO: dose dependency of cerebral blood flow. J Neurosci Methods. 2009;179:22-8 pubmed publisher..At the doses studied, ET1-induced ischemia in the presence of isoflurane anesthesia can be used as a minimally invasive but variable model of MCAO. The model is well suited for acute imaging studies of ischemia. ..
- Chamson Reig A, Thyssen S, Hill D, Arany E. Exposure of the pregnant rat to low protein diet causes impaired glucose homeostasis in the young adult offspring by different mechanisms in males and females. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009;234:1425-36 pubmed publisher..Plasma testosterone levels were also reduced in males at 130 days age. These data suggest that the development of impaired glucose homeostasis in offspring of LP-fed rats is likely to occur by different mechanisms in males and females. ..
- Caumartin Y, Stephen J, Deng J, Lian D, Lan Z, Liu W, et al. Carbon monoxide-releasing molecules protect against ischemia-reperfusion injury during kidney transplantation. Kidney Int. 2011;79:1080-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, CORM-2-derived CO protects renal transplants from IRI by modulating inflammation. ..
- Wu Y, Feng B, Chen S, Chakrabarti S. ERK5 Regulates glucose-induced increased fibronectin production in the endothelial cells and in the retina in diabetes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:8405-13 pubmed publisher..Our experiments demonstrated a novel mechanism of glucose-induced increased FN production in diabetic retinopathy, which is mediated through decreased ERK5 signaling. ..
- Moreau J, Ciriello J. Effects of acute intermittent hypoxia on energy balance and hypothalamic feeding pathways. Neuroscience. 2013;253:350-60 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that IH induces significant alterations to body energy balance through changes in the secretion of leptin which exert effects on satiety-inducing pathways within the hypothalamus. ..
- Shugg R, Thomson A, Tanabe N, Kashishian A, Steiner B, Puri K, et al. Effects of isoform-selective phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitors on osteoclasts: actions on cytoskeletal organization, survival, and resorption. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:35346-57 pubmed publisher..In contrast, multiple PI3K isoforms contribute to the control of osteoclast survival. Thus, the PI3K? isoform, which is predominantly expressed in cells of hematopoietic origin, is an attractive target for anti-resorptive therapeutics. ..
- Kiernan J, Heinicke E. Sennosides do not kill myenteric neurons in the colon of the rat or mouse. Neuroscience. 1989;30:837-42 pubmed..We conclude that senna does not kill myenteric neurons in the colon of the rat or mouse. ..
- Malloy J, McCaig L, Veldhuizen R, Yao L, Joseph M, Whitsett J, et al. Alterations of the endogenous surfactant system in septic adult rats. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1997;156:617-23 pubmed..These results demonstrated that the endogenous surfactant system was altered in systemic sepsis without lung dysfunction and is further altered when a lung injury is present. ..
- Thomas T, Jordan K, Laird D. Role of cytoskeletal elements in the recruitment of Cx43-GFP and Cx26-YFP into gap junctions. Cell Commun Adhes. 2001;8:231-6 pubmed
- Holmes K, Mattar P, Marsh D, Jordan V, Weaver L, Dekaban G. The C-terminal C1 cassette of the N -methyl-D-aspartate receptor 1 subunit contains a bi-partite nuclear localization sequence. J Neurochem. 2002;81:1152-65 pubmed
- Paroo Z, Meredith M, Locke M, Haist J, Karmazyn M, Noble E. Redox signaling of cardiac HSF1 DNA binding. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;283:C404-11 pubmed
- Enns D, Karmazyn M, Mair J, Lercher A, Kountchev J, Belcastro A. Calpain, calpastatin activities and ratios during myocardial ischemia-reperfusion. Mol Cell Biochem. 2002;241:29-35 pubmed..It is concluded that increases in calpain isoform activities are not a primary feature of l/R changes, although the role of calpastatin downregulation remains to be elucidated. ..
- Bao F, Chen Y, Dekaban G, Weaver L. Early anti-inflammatory treatment reduces lipid peroxidation and protein nitration after spinal cord injury in rats. J Neurochem. 2004;88:1335-44 pubmed..These effects likely underlie improved tissue preservation and neurological function resulting from the mAb treatment. ..
- Liu L, Dai E, Miller L, Seet B, Lalani A, Macauley C, et al. Viral chemokine-binding proteins inhibit inflammatory responses and aortic allograft transplant vasculopathy in rat models. Transplantation. 2004;77:1652-60 pubmed..Viral chemokine-modulating proteins effectively reduce aortic allograft vasculopathy, acting predominantly through inhibition of a CC chemokine-mediated response. ..
- Conway K, Pin C, Kiernan J, Merrifield P. The E protein HEB is preferentially expressed in developing muscle. Differentiation. 2004;72:327-40 pubmed..However, because HEB is expressed in L6 myoblasts, C2C12 myosatellite cells, and neonatal hindlimb muscles, it is unlikely to be involved in a fiber type-specific manner, and may have a more general role in differentiation of myotubes. ..
- McErlain D, Appleton C, Litchfield R, Pitelka V, Henry J, Bernier S, et al. Study of subchondral bone adaptations in a rodent surgical model of OA using in vivo micro-computed tomography. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2008;16:458-69 pubmed..To non-invasively investigate the changes to epiphyseal bone occurring in a longitudinal pre-clinical model of osteoarthritis (OA) using in vivo micro-computed tomography (micro-CT)...
- Penuela S, Bhalla R, Gong X, Cowan K, Celetti S, Cowan B, et al. Pannexin 1 and pannexin 3 are glycoproteins that exhibit many distinct characteristics from the connexin family of gap junction proteins. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3772-83 pubmed..Collectively, these studies show that Panx1 and Panx3 have many characteristics that are distinct from Cx43 and that these proteins probably play an important biological role as single membrane channels. ..
- Panupinthu N, Rogers J, Zhao L, Solano Flores L, Possmayer F, Sims S, et al. P2X7 receptors on osteoblasts couple to production of lysophosphatidic acid: a signaling axis promoting osteogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:859-71 pubmed publisher..We conclude that P2X7 receptors enhance osteoblast function through a cell-autonomous mechanism. Furthermore, a novel signaling axis links P2X7 receptors to production of LPA and COX metabolites, which in turn stimulate osteogenesis. ..
- Johnson C, Weston J, Chadi S, Fazio E, Huff M, Kharitonenkov A, et al. Fibroblast growth factor 21 reduces the severity of cerulein-induced pancreatitis in mice. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:1795-804 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest a novel function for Fgf21 as an immediate response gene protecting pancreatic acini from overt damage. ..
- Behnam Azad B, Rota V, Breadner D, Dhanvantari S, Luyt L. Design, synthesis and in vitro characterization of Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 derivatives for pancreatic beta cell imaging by SPECT. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:1265-72 pubmed publisher..Gamma camera imaging of an insulinoma cell line was carried out using (111)In-labeled peptides. Our results suggest that the prepared GLP-1 derivatives are suitable imaging probes for studying pancreatic islet function in vivo. ..
- Ma J, Boyce R, Leung L. Nucleus accumbens mu opioid receptors mediate immediate postictal decrease in locomotion after an amygdaloid kindled seizure in rats. Epilepsy Behav. 2010;17:165-71 pubmed publisher..None of the antagonists affected amygdaloid evoked afterdischarge duration. It is suggested that mu opioid receptors in the NAC participate in amygdaloid seizure-induced PDL without affecting seizure duration. ..
- Lorenzen A, Samosh J, Vandewark K, Anborgh P, Seah C, Magalhaes A, et al. Rapid and direct transport of cell surface APP to the lysosome defines a novel selective pathway. Mol Brain. 2010;3:11 pubmed publisher..This suggests that regulation of lysosomal traffic could regulate APP processing and that the lysosome could play a central role in the pathophysiology of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Wang C, George B, Chen S, Feng B, Li X, Chakrabarti S. Genotoxic stress and activation of novel DNA repair enzymes in human endothelial cells and in the retinas and kidneys of streptozotocin diabetic rats. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2012;28:329-37 pubmed publisher..ERCC1 and ERCC4 may play important roles in the development of diabetic retinopathy and nephropathy. ..
- Tompkins R, Melling C, Wilson T, Bates B, Shoemaker J. Arrangement of sympathetic fibers within the human common peroneal nerve: implications for microneurography. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2013;115:1553-61 pubmed publisher..These findings confirm the bundled organization of sympathetic axons within the peroneal nerve and provide the anatomical basis for outcomes in microneurographic studies. ..
- Geremia N, Hryciw T, Bao F, Streijger F, Okon E, Lee J, et al. The effectiveness of the anti-CD11d treatment is reduced in rat models of spinal cord injury that produce significant levels of intraspinal hemorrhage. Exp Neurol. 2017;295:125-134 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the disparate results of the anti-CD11d treatment in contusion and clip-compression models of SCI are due to the different pathophysiological mechanisms that dominate these two types of spinal cord injuries. ..
- Daniel S, Armstrong D, Gore Langton R. Growth and development of rat oocytes in vitro. Gamete Res. 1989;24:109-21 pubmed..6% and 47.1% of penetrated oocytes with development of these apparently normal zygotes to two-cell embryos being 66.7% and 62.5%, respectively. ..
- Mayorov D, Adams M, Krassioukov A. Telemetric blood pressure monitoring in conscious rats before and after compression injury of spinal cord. J Neurotrauma. 2001;18:727-36 pubmed..5 months after SCI. In summary, our data show that resting MAP rapidly returns to control values after SCI. Episodic hypertension associated with autonomic dysreflexia can develop in rats within 1 month after incomplete SCI. ..
- Gan X, Chakrabarti S, Karmazyn M. Increased endothelin-1 and endothelin receptor expression in myocytes of ischemic and reperfused rat hearts and ventricular myocytes exposed to ischemic conditions and its inhibition by nitric oxide generation. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2003;81:105-13 pubmed..NO may serve an endogenous inhibitory factor which regulates the expression of the ET system under pathological conditions. ..
- Gan X, Rajapurohitam V, Haist J, Chidiac P, Cook M, Karmazyn M. Inhibition of phenylephrine-induced cardiomyocyte hypertrophy by activation of multiple adenosine receptor subtypes. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005;312:27-34 pubmed..The ability to prevent regulators of G-protein signaling (RGS) up-regulation further suggests that adenosine receptor activation minimizes signaling which leads to hypertrophic responses. ..
- Tye C, Hunter G, Goldberg H. Identification of the type I collagen-binding domain of bone sialoprotein and characterization of the mechanism of interaction. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13487-92 pubmed..The collagen-binding domain, which is highly conserved among species, is enriched in hydrophobic residues and lacks acidic residues. We conclude that residues 19-46 of BSP represent a novel collagen-binding site. ..
- Loutet S, Flannagan R, Kooi C, Sokol P, Valvano M. A complete lipopolysaccharide inner core oligosaccharide is required for resistance of Burkholderia cenocepacia to antimicrobial peptides and bacterial survival in vivo. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:2073-80 pubmed..Together, these data show that the B. cenocepacia LPS inner core oligosaccharide is needed for in vitro resistance to three structurally unrelated antimicrobial peptides and for in vivo survival in a rat model of chronic lung infection...
- Pickard B, Hodsman A, Fraher L, Watson P. Type 1 parathyroid hormone receptor (PTH1R) nuclear trafficking: association of PTH1R with importin alpha1 and beta. Endocrinology. 2006;147:3326-32 pubmed..In conclusion, we show that the PTH1R forms a complex with the transport regulatory proteins, importin alpha(1) and importin beta, and that nuclear PTH1R is associated with the nucleoplasm. ..
- Gong X, Shao Q, Langlois S, Bai D, Laird D. Differential potency of dominant negative connexin43 mutants in oculodentodigital dysplasia. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:19190-202 pubmed..The potency difference in the dominant negative properties of ODDD-linked Cx43 mutants may have clinical implications for the various symptoms and disease severity observed in ODDD patients. ..
- Forbes A, Pickell M, Foroughian M, Yao L, Lewis J, Veldhuizen R. Alveolar macrophage depletion is associated with increased surfactant pool sizes in adult rats. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;103:637-45 pubmed..The increased endogenous surfactant must be considered when utilizing the AM depletion model to study the role of these cells during lung insults. ..
- Bone D, Hammond J. Nucleoside and nucleobase transporters of primary human cardiac microvascular endothelial cells: characterization of a novel nucleobase transporter. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H3325-32 pubmed..Understanding the nucleoside and nucleobase transporter profiles in the vasculature will allow for further study into their roles in pathophysiological conditions such as hypoxia or ischemia. ..
- Pinthong M, Black S, Ribeiro F, Pholpramool C, Ferguson S, Rylett R. Activity and subcellular trafficking of the sodium-coupled choline transporter CHT is regulated acutely by peroxynitrite. Mol Pharmacol. 2008;73:801-12 pubmed..Thus, the inhibitory effect of SIN-1 on choline uptake activity and HC-3 binding was related to enhanced internalization of CHT proteins from the plasma membrane to subcellular organelles. ..
- Luo T, Leung L. Basal forebrain histaminergic transmission modulates electroencephalographic activity and emergence from isoflurane anesthesia. Anesthesiology. 2009;111:725-33 pubmed publisher..The basal forebrain histaminergic pathway appears to play a role in modulating arousal/emergence from anesthesia. ..
- Frohmader K, Wiskerke J, Wise R, Lehman M, Coolen L. Methamphetamine acts on subpopulations of neurons regulating sexual behavior in male rats. Neuroscience. 2010;166:771-84 pubmed publisher..These findings illustrate that in contrast to current belief drugs of abuse can activate the same cells as a natural reinforcer, that is sexual behavior, and in turn may influence compulsive seeking of this natural reward. ..
- Pang T, Rajapurohitam V, Cook M, Karmazyn M. Differential AMPK phosphorylation sites associated with phenylephrine vs. antihypertrophic effects of adenosine agonists in neonatal rat ventricular myocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;298:H1382-90 pubmed publisher..The latter are reflected by increased phosphorylation at Ser(485/491) and at Thr(172), associated with prohypertrophic and antihypertrophic responses, respectively...
- Nicholson J, Arany E, Hill D. Changes in islet microvasculature following streptozotocin-induced beta-cell loss and subsequent replacement in the neonatal rat. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2010;235:189-98 pubmed publisher..Results indicate that there is a relative loss of intraislet vasculature following STZ, which may limit subsequent beta-cell regeneration through both local growth factor and extracellular matrix interactions. ..
- To C, Shilton B, Di Guglielmo G. Synthetic triterpenoids target the Arp2/3 complex and inhibit branched actin polymerization. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:27944-57 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that synthetic triterpenoids target Arp3 and branched actin polymerization to inhibit cell migration. ..
- Silver J, Kowalchuk H, Noble E. hsp70 mRNA temporal localization in rat skeletal myofibers and blood vessels post-exercise. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2012;17:109-20 pubmed publisher..This investigation suggests that the physiologic rise in core temperature associated with exercise per se is not the key stimulus responsible for inducing hsp70 mRNA transcription in SkM. ..
- Sutton L, Rushlow W. The effects of neuropsychiatric drugs on glycogen synthase kinase-3 signaling. Neuroscience. 2011;199:116-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, regulation of the Wnt pathway is specific to antipsychotics, whereas antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, and antidepressants all affect Akt. ..
- Moey M, Gan X, Huang C, Rajapurohitam V, Martínez Abundis E, Lui E, et al. Ginseng reverses established cardiomyocyte hypertrophy and postmyocardial infarction-induced hypertrophy and heart failure. Circ Heart Fail. 2012;5:504-14 pubmed publisher..Ginseng may offer a potentially effective approach to reverse the myocardial remodeling and heart failure processes, particularly in combination with other treatment modalities. ..
- Tolg C, Hamilton S, Zalinska E, McCulloch L, Amin R, Akentieva N, et al. A RHAMM mimetic peptide blocks hyaluronan signaling and reduces inflammation and fibrogenesis in excisional skin wounds. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:1250-70 pubmed publisher..These results identify a new class of reagents that attenuate proinflammatory, fibrotic repair by blocking hyaluronan oligosaccharide signaling. ..
- Ercan E, Han J, Di Nardo A, Winden K, Han M, Hoyo L, et al. Neuronal CTGF/CCN2 negatively regulates myelination in a mouse model of tuberous sclerosis complex. J Exp Med. 2017;214:681-697 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the role of mTOR-dependent signaling between neuronal and nonneuronal cells in the regulation of myelin and identifies an additional therapeutic avenue for this disease. ..
- Longley C, Weaver L. Proportions of renal and splenic postganglionic sympathetic populations containing galanin and dopamine beta hydroxylase. Neuroscience. 1993;55:253-61 pubmed..These findings suggest a role for galanin in control of the kidney and the spleen by the sympathetic nervous system. ..
- Ciriello J, Janssen S. Effect of glutamate stimulation of bed nucleus of the stria terminalis on arterial pressure and heart rate. Am J Physiol. 1993;265:H1516-22 pubmed..These data suggest that the BST depressor and the bradycardia responses are mediated by inhibition of both sympathetic vasoconstrictor fibers to the vasculature and cardioacceleratory fibers to the heart, respectively. ..
- Smith S, Shaw G. A novel calcium-sensitive switch revealed by the structure of human S100B in the calcium-bound form. Structure. 1998;6:211-22 pubmed
- Appleton C, Usmani S, Bernier S, Aigner T, Beier F. Transforming growth factor alpha suppression of articular chondrocyte phenotype and Sox9 expression in a rat model of osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2007;56:3693-705 pubmed
- Lan Z, Lian D, Liu W, Arp J, Charlton B, Ge W, et al. Prevention of chronic renal allograft rejection by soluble CD83. Transplantation. 2010;90:1278-85 pubmed publisher..Because sCD83 is of human origin, the therapeutic approach used in our rodent transplant model holds significant promise for clinical transplantation. ..
- Novielli N, Al Khazraji B, Medeiros P, Goldman D, Jackson D. Pre-diabetes augments neuropeptide Y1- and ?1-receptor control of basal hindlimb vascular tone in young ZDF rats. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46659 pubmed publisher..Thus, we investigated if pre-diabetes modifies baseline sympathetic Y(1)-receptor (Y(1)R) and ?(1)-receptor (?(1)R) control of hindlimb blood flow (Q(fem)) and vascular conductance (VC)...
- Hahn A, Feasby T, Wilkie L, Lovgren D. Antigalactocerebroside antibody increases demyelination in adoptive transfer experimental allergic neuritis. Muscle Nerve. 1993;16:1174-80 pubmed..The observations support the concept of a synergistic role of T-cell autoimmunity and humoral responses in the inflammatory demyelination of Lewis rat EAN. ..
- Malloy J, Veldhuizen R, Lewis J. Effects of ventilation on the surfactant system in sepsis-induced lung injury. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2000;88:401-8 pubmed
- Mabon P, Weaver L, Dekaban G. Inhibition of monocyte/macrophage migration to a spinal cord injury site by an antibody to the integrin alphaD: a potential new anti-inflammatory treatment. Exp Neurol. 2000;166:52-64 pubmed..This study also offers preliminary evidence that anti-alphaD mAbs can reduce the extravasation of macrophages and, to a lesser extent, neutrophils, to the SCI site. ..
- Paroo Z, Haist J, Karmazyn M, Noble E. Exercise improves postischemic cardiac function in males but not females: consequences of a novel sex-specific heat shock protein 70 response. Circ Res. 2002;90:911-7 pubmed
- Leung L, Shen B, Rajakumar N, Ma J. Cholinergic activity enhances hippocampal long-term potentiation in CA1 during walking in rats. J Neurosci. 2003;23:9297-304 pubmed..This is the first demonstration of an enhancement of hippocampal LTP by physiologically activated cholinergic inputs. ..
- Marsh D, Weaver L. Autonomic dysreflexia, induced by noxious or innocuous stimulation, does not depend on changes in dorsal horn substance p. J Neurotrauma. 2004;21:817-28 pubmed..Furthermore, autonomic dysreflexia induced by noxious stimulation increases with time after spinal cord injury...
- Gonzalez B, Niño Fong R, Gibson C, Fuentealba I, Cherian M. Zinc supplementation decreases hepatic copper accumulation in LEC rat: a model of Wilson's disease. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2005;105:117-34 pubmed..Although the actual mechanism of protection is unknown, it could be explained by sequestration of dietary Cu by intestinal MT, induced by high dietary Zn content...
- Belliveau D, Bani Yaghoub M, McGirr B, Naus C, Rushlow W. Enhanced neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells mediated by connexin hemichannels and ATP. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:20920-31 pubmed..Collectively, the results of the current study suggest that connexins may play an important role in neuronal differentiation by non-traditional mechanisms. ..
- Baht G, Hunter G, Goldberg H. Bone sialoprotein-collagen interaction promotes hydroxyapatite nucleation. Matrix Biol. 2008;27:600-8 pubmed publisher..Upon binding to collagen, rBSP displays an increase in nucleation potency, implying a co-operative effect of BSP and collagen in mineral formation. ..
- Qu L, Leung L. Mechanisms of hyperthermia-induced depression of GABAergic synaptic transmission in the immature rat hippocampus. J Neurochem. 2008;106:2158-69 pubmed publisher..Also, the changes in amplitude and decay time constant of the mIPSCs may suggest that hyperthermia also decreases post-synaptic GABA(A) receptor function. ..
- Melling C, Thorp D, Milne K, Noble E. Myocardial Hsp70 phosphorylation and PKC-mediated cardioprotection following exercise. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2009;14:141-50 pubmed publisher..However, exercise-induced phosphorylation of Hsp70 does not appear to be a mechanism by which PKC induces this cardioprotective effect. ..
- Long J, Shen B, Luo T, Stewart L, McMurran T, Leung L. Pilocarpine model of temporal lobe epilepsy shows enhanced response to general anesthetics. Exp Neurol. 2009;219:308-18 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, a TLE model that resulted in neuronal loss, Pilo-SE, enhanced the response to a general anesthetic that could partly be attributed to a loss of neurons in the EC and PC. ..
- Gavrilovici C, D Alfonso S, Poulter M. Diverse interneuron populations have highly specific interconnectivity in the rat piriform cortex. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:1570-88 pubmed publisher..These data show highly complex innervation patterns for all of the CBP interneurons of the PC and form a basis for further studies in the plasticity of this region. ..
- Tan H, Lauzon N, Bishop S, Chi N, Bechard M, Laviolette S. Cannabinoid transmission in the basolateral amygdala modulates fear memory formation via functional inputs to the prelimbic cortex. J Neurosci. 2011;31:5300-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, cannabinoid transmission within the BLA strongly modulates the processing of associative fear memory via functional interactions with PLC neuronal populations. ..
- Martínez Abundis E, Rajapurohitam V, Haist J, Gan X, Karmazyn M. The obesity-related peptide leptin sensitizes cardiac mitochondria to calcium-induced permeability transition pore opening and apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41612 pubmed publisher..Leptin may therefore contribute to mitochondrial dysfunction and the development of apoptosis in the diseased myocardium particularly under conditions of excessive intracellular calcium accumulation. ..
- Cherian M, Miles E, Clarkson T, Cox C. Estimation of mercury burdens in rats by chelation with dimercaptopropane sulfonate. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1988;245:479-84 pubmed..Furthermore, the increase in urinary excretion induced by DMPS was almost equal to the amount of mercury lost from the kidneys. ..
- Mirsattari S, Wang Z, Ives J, Bihari F, Leung L, Bartha R, et al. Linear aspects of transformation from interictal epileptic discharges to BOLD fMRI signals in an animal model of occipital epilepsy. Neuroimage. 2006;30:1133-48 pubmed..The linear ARX model was applied here to confirm that a linear transform can be used to study the correlation between BOLD signal and its corresponding neural activity in this animal model of occipital epilepsy. ..
- Jirak D, Kriz J, Strzelecki M, Yang J, Hasilo C, White D, et al. Monitoring the survival of islet transplants by MRI using a novel technique for their automated detection and quantification. MAGMA. 2009;22:257-65 pubmed publisher..Quantification confirms the assumption that a significant number of islets are destroyed in the first week following transplantation irrespective of allografts, xenografts or isografts. ..
- Smith C, Hammond G. Rat corticosteroid binding globulin: primary structure and messenger ribonucleic acid levels in the liver under different physiological conditions. Mol Endocrinol. 1989;3:420-6 pubmed..Southern analysis of rat genomic DNA suggests the presence of a single gene for CBG. ..
- Naemsch L, Dixon S, Sims S. Activity-dependent development of P2X7 current and Ca2+ entry in rabbit osteoclasts. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:39107-14 pubmed..ATP released in response to mechanical stimuli may act through P2X(7) receptors to inhibit osteoclastic resorption. ..
- Yaghi A, Bend J, Webb C, Zeldin D, Weicker S, Mehta S, et al. Excess nitric oxide decreases cytochrome P-450 2J4 content and P-450-dependent arachidonic acid metabolism in lungs of rats with acute pneumonia. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004;286:L1260-7 pubmed..We speculate CYP2J4 and its AA metabolites are involved in the modulation of pulmonary function in health and disease. ..
- Williams B, Liu C, Deyoung L, Brock G, Sims S. Regulation of intracellular Ca2+ release in corpus cavernosum smooth muscle: synergism between nitric oxide and cGMP. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;288:C650-8 pubmed..01). Our results demonstrate that NO and cGMP act synergistically to reduce Ca(2+) release from intracellular stores. Reduction of intracellular Ca(2+) release may contribute to relaxation of the corpus cavernosum, leading to erection. ..
- Tsai M, Leung L. Decrease of hippocampal GABA B receptor-mediated inhibition after hyperthermia-induced seizures in immature rats. Epilepsia. 2006;47:277-87 pubmed..We conclude that hyperthermia-induced seizures in immature rats induced a decrease of GABA(B) receptor-mediated inhibition in CA1 and DG that lasted > or =14 to 30 days after hyperthermic seizure(s). ..