Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pyruvic acid in Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Topic: pyruvic acid
- Smith A, Bruce C, Dyck D. AMP kinase activation with AICAR simultaneously increases fatty acid and glucose oxidation in resting rat soleus muscle. J Physiol. 2005;565:537-46 pubmed..In conclusion, AMPK appears to be an important regulator of both FA metabolism and glucose oxidation in resting skeletal muscle. ..
- Stellingwerff T, Leblanc P, Hollidge M, Heigenhauser G, Spriet L. Hyperoxia decreases muscle glycogenolysis, lactate production, and lactate efflux during steady-state exercise. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2006;290:E1180-90 pubmed..The tighter metabolic match between pyruvate production and oxidation resulted in a decrease in total lactate production and efflux over 40 min of exercise during hyperoxia. ..
- Clark S, Di Leo R, Dhanoa P, Van Cauwenberghe O, Mullen R, Shelp B. Biochemical characterization, mitochondrial localization, expression, and potential functions for an Arabidopsis gamma-aminobutyrate transaminase that utilizes both pyruvate and glyoxylate. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:1743-57 pubmed publisher..A GABA-T with dual functions suggests the potential for interaction between GABA metabolism and photorespiratory glyoxylate production. ..
- Clark S, Di Leo R, Van Cauwenberghe O, Mullen R, Shelp B. Subcellular localization and expression of multiple tomato gamma-aminobutyrate transaminases that utilize both pyruvate and glyoxylate. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:3255-67 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings, together with recent information about rice and pepper GABA-Ts, indicate that the subcellular distribution of GABA-T in the plant kingdom is highly variable...
- Baker P, Carere J, Seah S. Substrate specificity, substrate channeling, and allostery in BphJ: an acylating aldehyde dehydrogenase associated with the pyruvate aldolase BphI. Biochemistry. 2012;51:4558-67 pubmed..The results demonstrate that the dehydrogenase coordinates the catalytic activity of BphI through allostery rather than through aldehyde channeling. ..