Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nephrons in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Cui S, Schwartz L, Quaggin S. Pod1 is required in stromal cells for glomerulogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2003;226:512-22 pubmed..Most strikingly, the glomerulogenesis defect was rescued by the presence of wild-type stromal cells, suggesting a non-cell autonomous role for Pod1 in this cell population. ..
- Piscione T, Wu M, Quaggin S. Expression of Hairy/Enhancer of Split genes, Hes1 and Hes5, during murine nephron morphogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;4:707-11 pubmed..Consequently, the differential, spatial regulation of Hes1 and Hes5 gene expression by the Notch signaling pathway in developing nephrons may be a mechanism for patterning cell fate decisions during nephron morphogenesis. ..
- Cain J, Islam E, Haxho F, Chen L, Bridgewater D, Nieuwenhuis E, et al. GLI3 repressor controls nephron number via regulation of Wnt11 and Ret in ureteric tip cells. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7313 pubmed publisher..Thus, GLI3 repressor controls nephron number by regulating ureteric tip cell expression of Wnt11 and Ret. ..
- Chi L, Galtseva A, Chen L, Mo R, Hui C, Rosenblum N. Kif3a controls murine nephron number via GLI3 repressor, cell survival, and gene expression in a lineage-specific manner. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65448 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate that Kif3a controls nephron number via distinct cell lineage-specific mechanisms. ..
- Blake J, Hu D, Cain J, Rosenblum N. Urogenital development in Pallister-Hall syndrome is disrupted in a cell-lineage-specific manner by constitutive expression of GLI3 repressor. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:437-47 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the urogenital system phenotypes observed in PHS are caused by GLI3R-dependent perturbations in nephric duct patterning, renal branching morphogenesis and nephrogenic progenitor self-renewal. ..
- Trimpert C, Wesche D, de Groot T, Pimentel Rodriguez M, Wong V, van den Berg D, et al. NDFIP allows NEDD4/NEDD4L-induced AQP2 ubiquitination and degradation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183774 pubmed publisher..As NDFIP1/2 bind many NEDD4 family E3 ligases, which are implicated in several cellular processes, NDFIP1/2 may be the missing link for AQP2 ubiquitination and degradation from different subcellular locations. ..