Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on multiprotein complexes in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Topic: multiprotein complexes
- Perreault M, O Dowd B, George S. Dopamine receptor homooligomers and heterooligomers in schizophrenia. CNS Neurosci Ther. 2011;17:52-7 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to discuss the therapeutic relevance of these dopamine receptor oligomers to schizophrenia and to address the potential value of dopamine receptor heteromers in the search for new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Evren S, Dermen A, Lockwood G, Fleshner N, Sweet J. Immunohistochemical examination of the mTORC1 pathway in high grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (HGPIN) and prostatic adenocarcinomas (PCa): a tissue microarray study (TMA). Prostate. 2010;70:1429-36 pubmed publisher..mTOR inhibitors may be an effective treatment for HGPIN and PCa. The extent of mTOR expression in an individual patient would determine the effective use of mTOR inhibitors as a potential therapeutic strategy. ..
- Lavoie B, Hogan E, Koshland D. In vivo dissection of the chromosome condensation machinery: reversibility of condensation distinguishes contributions of condensin and cohesin. J Cell Biol. 2002;156:805-15 pubmed..Finally, we provide the first evidence of a mechanistic link between condensin and cohesin function. A model discussing the functional interplay between cohesin and condensin is presented. ..
- Lau W, Baker L, Rubinstein J. Cryo-EM structure of the yeast ATP synthase. J Mol Biol. 2008;382:1256-64 pubmed publisher..This new map has allowed construction of a model of subunit arrangement in the F(O) motor of ATP synthase that dictates how dimerization of the complex via subunits e and g might occur. ..
- Li S, Li Z, Pei L, Le A, Liu F. The ?7nACh-NMDA receptor complex is involved in cue-induced reinstatement of nicotine seeking. J Exp Med. 2012;209:2141-7 pubmed publisher..Our results may provide a novel therapeutic target for the development of medications for preventing nicotine relapse. ..
- Lam W, Peterson E, Yeung M, Lavoie B. Condensin is required for chromosome arm cohesion during mitosis. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2973-84 pubmed..We discuss the implications of our results for current models of sister chromatid cohesion. ..
- Sarkari F, Sanchez Alcaraz T, Wang S, Holowaty M, Sheng Y, Frappier L. EBNA1-mediated recruitment of a histone H2B deubiquitylating complex to the Epstein-Barr virus latent origin of DNA replication. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000624 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that USP7 can stimulate EBNA1-DNA interactions and that EBNA1 can alter histone modification at oriP through recruitment of USP7. ..
- El Bakkouri M, Gutsche I, Kanjee U, Zhao B, Yu M, Goret G, et al. Structure of RavA MoxR AAA+ protein reveals the design principles of a molecular cage modulating the inducible lysine decarboxylase activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:22499-504 pubmed publisher..The LARA domain was found to mediate the interaction between RavA and LdcI. The RavA structure provides insights into how five RavA hexamers interact with two LdcI decamers to form the RavA-LdcI cage-like structure. ..
- Murooka T, Rahbar R, Platanias L, Fish E. CCL5-mediated T-cell chemotaxis involves the initiation of mRNA translation through mTOR/4E-BP1. Blood. 2008;111:4892-901 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we describe a novel mechanism by which CCL5 influences translation of rapamycin-sensitive mRNAs and "primes" CD4(+) T cells for efficient chemotaxis. ..
- Nedea E, Nalbant D, Xia D, Theoharis N, Suter B, Richardson C, et al. The Glc7 phosphatase subunit of the cleavage and polyadenylation factor is essential for transcription termination on snoRNA genes. Mol Cell. 2008;29:577-87 pubmed publisher..Swd2 is also a subunit of the Set1c histone H3K4 methyltransferase complex and is required for its stability and optimal methyltransferase activity. ..
- Sakwe A, Nguyen T, Athanasopoulos V, Shire K, Frappier L. Identification and characterization of a novel component of the human minichromosome maintenance complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:3044-55 pubmed..The results indicate that multicellular eukaryotes contain two types of hexameric MCM complexes with unique properties and functions. ..
- O Donnell L, Panier S, Wildenhain J, Tkach J, Al Hakim A, Landry M, et al. The MMS22L-TONSL complex mediates recovery from replication stress and homologous recombination. Mol Cell. 2010;40:619-31 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that MMS22L and TONSL are genome caretakers that stimulate the recombination-dependent repair of stalled or collapsed replication forks. ..
- Yang Y, Kelly P, Shaffer A, Schmitz R, Yoo H, Liu X, et al. Targeting Non-proteolytic Protein Ubiquitination for the Treatment of Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:494-507 pubmed publisher..SMAC mimetics target cIAP1/2 for destruction, and consequently suppress NF-?B and selectively kill BCR-dependent ABC DLBCL lines, supporting their clinical evaluation in patients with ABC DLBCL. ..
- Harris K, Tepass U. Cdc42 and Par proteins stabilize dynamic adherens junctions in the Drosophila neuroectoderm through regulation of apical endocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2008;183:1129-43 pubmed publisher..This study reveals functional interactions between apical polarity proteins and endocytosis that are critical for stabilizing dynamic basolateral AJs. ..
- Chung K, Zamble D. The Escherichia coli metal-binding chaperone SlyD interacts with the large subunit of [NiFe]-hydrogenase 3. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:291-4 pubmed publisher..These results support a model of several roles for SlyD during hydrogenase maturation. ..
- Lawo S, Bashkurov M, Mullin M, Ferreria M, Kittler R, Habermann B, et al. HAUS, the 8-subunit human Augmin complex, regulates centrosome and spindle integrity. Curr Biol. 2009;19:816-26 pubmed publisher..The human Augmin complex (HAUS) is a critical and evolutionary conserved multisubunit protein complex that regulates centrosome and spindle integrity. ..
- Butland G, Peregrín Alvarez J, Li J, Yang W, Yang X, Canadien V, et al. Interaction network containing conserved and essential protein complexes in Escherichia coli. Nature. 2005;433:531-7 pubmed..This study provides insight into the function of previously uncharacterized bacterial proteins and the overall topology of a microbial interaction network, the core components of which are broadly conserved across Prokaryota. ..
- Perreault M, Fan T, Alijaniaram M, O Dowd B, George S. Dopamine D1-D2 receptor heteromer in dual phenotype GABA/glutamate-coexpressing striatal medium spiny neurons: regulation of BDNF, GAD67 and VGLUT1/2. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33348 pubmed publisher..This could have broad implications in understanding how dysregulation of neurotransmission within basal ganglia contributes to dopamine neuronal dysfunction. ..
- Leach M, Zhang J, Zamble D. The role of complex formation between the Escherichia coli hydrogenase accessory factors HypB and SlyD. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:16177-86 pubmed..These results suggest that SlyD could activate metal release from HypB during metallation of the [NiFe] hydrogenase. ..
- Mazhab Jafari M, Marshall C, Ishiyama N, Ho J, Di Palma V, Stambolic V, et al. An autoinhibited noncanonical mechanism of GTP hydrolysis by Rheb maintains mTORC1 homeostasis. Structure. 2012;20:1528-39 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the opposing functions of Tyr35 in the intrinsic and GAP-stimulated GTP catalysis are critical for optimal mTORC1 regulation. ..
- Crasto G, Kartner N, Yao Y, Li K, Bullock L, Datti A, et al. Luteolin inhibition of V-ATPase a3-d2 interaction decreases osteoclast resorptive activity. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:929-41 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the V-ATPase a3-d2 interaction is a viable target for novel anti-resorptive therapeutics that potentially preserve osteoclast-osteoblast signaling important for bone remodeling. ..
- Kean M, Ceccarelli D, Goudreault M, Sanches M, Tate S, Larsen B, et al. Structure-function analysis of core STRIPAK Proteins: a signaling complex implicated in Golgi polarization. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:25065-75 pubmed publisher..We propose that STRIPAK regulates the balance between MST4 localization at the Golgi and in the cytosol to control Golgi positioning. ..
- Ahmad K, Melnick A, Lax S, Bouchard D, Liu J, Kiang C, et al. Mechanism of SMRT corepressor recruitment by the BCL6 BTB domain. Mol Cell. 2003;12:1551-64 pubmed..Two SMRT fragments bind symmetrically to the BCL6 BTB homodimer and, in combination with biochemical and in vivo data, the structure provides insight into the basis of transcriptional repression by this critical B cell lymphoma protein. ..
- McCallum M, Tammam S, Little D, Robinson H, Koo J, Shah M, et al. PilN Binding Modulates the Structure and Binding Partners of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa Type IVa Pilus Protein PilM. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:11003-15 pubmed publisher..Pull-down experiments demonstrated direct interactions of PilM with PilB and PilT. We propose a working model in which dynamic binding of PilN facilitates functionally relevant structural changes in PilM. ..
- Ming A, Yoo E, Vorontsov E, Altamentova S, Kilkenny D, Rocheleau J. Dynamics and Distribution of Klotho? (KLB) and fibroblast growth factor receptor-1 (FGFR1) in living cells reveal the fibroblast growth factor-21 (FGF21)-induced receptor complex. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:19997-20006 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data suggest that KLB and FGFR1 form a 1:1 heterocomplex independent of the galectin lattice that transitions to a 1:2 complex upon the addition of FGF21. ..
- Chang M, Bellaoui M, Zhang C, Desai R, Morozov P, Delgado Cruzata L, et al. RMI1/NCE4, a suppressor of genome instability, encodes a member of the RecQ helicase/Topo III complex. EMBO J. 2005;24:2024-33 pubmed..In addition, rmi1Delta strains fail to fully activate Rad53 upon exposure to DNA-damaging agents, suggesting that Rmi1 is also an important part of the Rad53-dependent DNA damage response. ..
- Schuetz A, Allali Hassani A, Martin F, Loppnau P, Vedadi M, Bochkarev A, et al. Structural basis for molecular recognition and presentation of histone H3 by WDR5. EMBO J. 2006;25:4245-52 pubmed..We propose a mechanism for the involvement of WDR5 in binding and presenting histone H3K4 for further methylation as a component of MLL complexes. ..
- David D, Tishkina A, Harris T. The PAR complex regulates pulsed actomyosin contractions during amnioserosa apical constriction in Drosophila. Development. 2010;137:1645-55 pubmed publisher..These results identify the mechanics of actomyosin contractility that drive amnioserosa apical constriction and how specific steps of the contractile mechanism are regulated by the PAR complex...
- Butland G, Zhang J, Yang W, Sheung A, Wong P, Greenblatt J, et al. Interactions of the Escherichia coli hydrogenase biosynthetic proteins: HybG complex formation. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:677-81 pubmed..The complex also includes HypE and HypD, which interact with each other before joining the larger complex. ..
- Chen F, Hasegawa H, Schmitt Ulms G, Kawarai T, Bohm C, Katayama T, et al. TMP21 is a presenilin complex component that modulates gamma-secretase but not epsilon-secretase activity. Nature. 2006;440:1208-12 pubmed..Here we report that TMP21, a member of the p24 cargo protein family, is a component of presenilin complexes and differentially regulates gamma-secretase cleavage without affecting epsilon-secretase activity. ..
- Kakade D, Islam N, Maeda N, Adegoke O. Differential effects of PDCD4 depletion on protein synthesis in myoblast and myotubes. BMC Cell Biol. 2014;15:2 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the role of PDCD4 in regulating protein synthesis appears dependent on the developmental state of the cell. ..
- Avvakumov G, Walker J, Xue S, Finerty P, MacKenzie F, Newman E, et al. Amino-terminal dimerization, NRDP1-rhodanese interaction, and inhibited catalytic domain conformation of the ubiquitin-specific protease 8 (USP8). J Biol Chem. 2006;281:38061-70 pubmed..The presence of a zinc ribbon subdomain near the ubiquitin binding site further suggests a polyubiquitin-specific binding site and a mechanism for substrate induced conformational changes. ..
- Khanna R, Li Q, Stanley E. 'Fractional recovery' analysis of a presynaptic synaptotagmin 1-anchored endocytic protein complex. PLoS ONE. 2006;1:e67 pubmed..The combination of FR analysis with quantitative immunocytochemistry provides a novel and effective strategy for the identification and characterization of biologically-relevant multi-molecular complexes. ..
- Nelson M, Luo H, Vari H, Cox B, Simmonds A, Krause H, et al. A multiprotein complex that mediates translational enhancement in Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34031-8 pubmed
- Braun D, Rao J, Mollet G, Schapiro D, Daugeron M, Tan W, et al. Mutations in KEOPS-complex genes cause nephrotic syndrome with primary microcephaly. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1529-1538 pubmed publisher..We thus identified four new monogenic causes of GAMOS, describe a link between KEOPS function and human disease, and delineate potential pathogenic mechanisms. ..
- Downey M, Houlsworth R, Maringele L, Rollie A, Brehme M, Galicia S, et al. A genome-wide screen identifies the evolutionarily conserved KEOPS complex as a telomere regulator. Cell. 2006;124:1155-68 pubmed..Our results therefore indicate that the KEOPS complex promotes both telomere uncapping and telomere elongation. ..
- Gillis L, Berry D, Minden M, McGlade C, Barber D. Gads (Grb2-related adaptor downstream of Shc) is required for BCR-ABL-mediated lymphoid leukemia. Leukemia. 2013;27:1666-76 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that GADS mediates lymphoid disease downstream of BCR-ABL through the recruitment of specific signaling intermediates. ..
- Pardossi Piquard R, Yang S, Kanemoto S, Gu Y, Chen F, BÃ¶hm C, et al. APH1 polar transmembrane residues regulate the assembly and activity of presenilin complexes. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16298-307 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the conserved transmembrane histidine residues contribute to APH1 function and can affect presenilin catalytic activity. ..
- Goudreault M, D Ambrosio L, Kean M, Mullin M, Larsen B, Sanchez A, et al. A PP2A phosphatase high density interaction network identifies a novel striatin-interacting phosphatase and kinase complex linked to the cerebral cavernous malformation 3 (CCM3) protein. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:157-71 pubmed publisher..We have thus identified several novel PP2A-containing protein complexes, including a large assembly linking kinases and phosphatases to a gene mutated in human disease. ..
- Carter H, Hood D. Contractile activity-induced mitochondrial biogenesis and mTORC1. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2012;303:C540-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that mTORC1 activity is not integral for the increase in mitochondrial content elicited by CCA, but is required to maintain mitochondrial function and homeostasis in resting muscle. ..
- Chong P, Lin H, Wrana J, Forman Kay J. Coupling of tandem Smad ubiquitination regulatory factor (Smurf) WW domains modulates target specificity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:18404-9 pubmed publisher..The longer linker results in a decrease in affinity for the Smad7 peptide. Interdomain coupling of WW domains enhances selectivity and enables the tuning of interactions by isoform switching. ..
- Babu M, Greenblatt J, Emili A, Strynadka N, Reithmeier R, Moraes T. Structure of a SLC26 anion transporter STAS domain in complex with acyl carrier protein: implications for E. coli YchM in fatty acid metabolism. Structure. 2010;18:1450-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, identification of the STAS-ACP complex suggests that YchM sequesters ACP to the bacterial membrane linking bicarbonate transport with fatty acid metabolism. ..
- Gribun A, Cheung K, Huen J, Ortega J, Houry W. Yeast Rvb1 and Rvb2 are ATP-dependent DNA helicases that form a heterohexameric complex. J Mol Biol. 2008;376:1320-33 pubmed publisher..These results clearly establish the yeast Rvb1/2 complex as a heterohexameric ATP-dependent DNA helicase and highlight the possible roles played by the Rvb proteins within multiprotein complexes. ..
- Mao D, Neculai D, Downey M, Orlicky S, Haffani Y, Ceccarelli D, et al. Atomic structure of the KEOPS complex: an ancient protein kinase-containing molecular machine. Mol Cell. 2008;32:259-75 pubmed publisher..Lastly, as Bud32 lacks the conventional substrate-recognition infrastructure of eukaryotic protein kinases including an activation segment, Bud32 may provide a glimpse of the evolutionary history of the protein kinase family...
- Hu P, Janga S, Babu M, Díaz Mejía J, Butland G, Yang W, et al. Global functional atlas of Escherichia coli encompassing previously uncharacterized proteins. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e96 pubmed publisher..This resource provides a "systems-wide" functional blueprint of a model microbe, with insights into the biological and evolutionary significance of previously uncharacterized proteins. ..
- Kroczynska B, Rafidi R, Majchrzak Kita B, Kościuczuk E, Blyth G, Jemielity J, et al. Interferon Î³ (IFNÎ³) Signaling via Mechanistic Target of Rapamycin Complex 2 (mTORC2) and Regulatory Effects in the Generation of Type II Interferon Biological Responses. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:2389-96 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings establish a central role for mTORC2 in IFNÎ³ signaling and type II IFN responses. ..
- Chau H, Mirtsos C, Huang H. Regulation of death complexes formation in tumor necrosis factor receptor signaling. Exp Cell Res. 2011;317:1841-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest the involvement of cFLIP-, RelA-, RIP1-, or TRAF2-related mechanisms for preventing FADD-caspase-8 interaction in wild-type MEFs. ..
- Lee Hoeflich S, Zhao X, Mehra A, Attisano L. The Drosophila type II receptor, Wishful thinking, binds BMP and myoglianin to activate multiple TGFbeta family signaling pathways. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:4615-21 pubmed..Given that myoglianin is expressed in muscle and glial-derived cells, these results also suggest that Wit may mediate myoglianin-dependent signals in the nervous system. ..
- Ahmed S, Daulat A, Meunier A, Angers S. G protein betagamma subunits regulate cell adhesion through Rap1a and its effector Radil. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:6538-51 pubmed publisher..These results add to the molecular understanding of how G protein-coupled receptors impinge on cell adhesion and suggest that the Gbetagamma x Rap1 x Radil complex plays important roles in this process. ..
- Abekhoukh S, Sahin H, Grossi M, Zongaro S, Maurin T, Madrigal I, et al. New insights into the regulatory function of CYFIP1 in the context of WAVE- and FMRP-containing complexes. Dis Model Mech. 2017;10:463-474 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results illustrate a new model to explain the cellular roles of FMRP and CYFIP1 and the molecular significance of their interaction. ..