Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on multigene family in Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Topic: multigene family
- Rahn A, Drummelsmith J, Whitfield C. Conserved organization in the cps gene clusters for expression of Escherichia coli group 1 K antigens: relationship to the colanic acid biosynthesis locus and the cps genes from Klebsiella pneumoniae. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:2307-13 pubmed..We propose that the IS elements were responsible for the transfer of the cps locus between organisms and that they may continue to mediate recombination between strains. ..
- Hong T, Carter M, Struffi P, Casonato S, Hao Y, Lam J, et al. Conjugative type IVb pilus recognizes lipopolysaccharide of recipient cells to initiate PAPI-1 pathogenicity island transfer in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. BMC Microbiol. 2017;17:31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a PAPI-1 exclusion mechanism exists in P. aeruginosa that might serve to regulate the avoidance of uncontrolled expansions of the bacterial genome. ..
- Ziebell K, Johnson R, Kropinski A, Reid Smith R, Ahmed R, Gannon V, et al. Gene cluster conferring streptomycin, sulfonamide, and tetracycline resistance in Escherichia coli O157:H7 phage types 23, 45, and 67. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:1900-3 pubmed publisher..In 154 AMR-SSuT isolates, resistance was encoded by strA, strB, sul2, and tet(B), which in 59 of 63 tested isolates were found clustered together on the chromosome within the cdiA locus. ..
- Jun H, Ha J, Malburg L, Verrinder G, Forsberg C. Characteristics of a cluster of xylanase genes in Fibrobacter succinogenes S85. Can J Microbiol. 2003;49:171-80 pubmed..Western immunoblot analysis revealed that the three xylanases were expressed at a very low level by F. succinogenes grown on either glucose or cellulose as the source of carbohydrate...
- Lo R, McKerral L, Hills T, Kostrzynska M. Analysis of the capsule biosynthetic locus of Mannheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytica A1 and proposal of a nomenclature system. Infect Immun. 2001;69:4458-64 pubmed..haemolytica A1 nmaA/B genes resulted in the restoration of ECA biosynthesis. Region 3 contains two genes (wbrA and wbrB) which are suggested to be involved in the phospholipid modification of capsular materials...
- Walsh A, Matewish M, Burrows L, Monteiro M, Perry M, Lam J. Lipopolysaccharide core phosphates are required for viability and intrinsic drug resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Mol Microbiol. 2000;35:718-27 pubmed..The inner core phosphates of P. aeruginosa appear to be playing a key role in the intrinsic drug resistance of this bacterium. ..
- Frirdich E, Lindner B, Holst O, Whitfield C. Overexpression of the waaZ gene leads to modification of the structure of the inner core region of Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide, truncation of the outer core, and reduction of the amount of O polysaccharide on the cell surface. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:1659-71 pubmed..Novel truncated LPS structures, lacking up to 3 hexoses from the outer core, resulted from WaaZ overexpression. The truncated molecules also contained a KdoIII residue not normally found in the R1 core. ..
- Rahn A, Whitfield C. Transcriptional organization and regulation of the Escherichia coli K30 group 1 capsule biosynthesis (cps) gene cluster. Mol Microbiol. 2003;47:1045-60 pubmed..However, the Rcs system can potentially influence levels of capsular polysaccharide production by increasing galF transcription and influencing the available pool of biosynthetic precursors. ..
- Moghadam H, Ferguson M, Danzmann R. Evolution of Hox clusters in Salmonidae: a comparative analysis between Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) and rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). J Mol Evol. 2005;61:636-49 pubmed..However, our data suggest that phylogenetically, the homologous genes within each cluster express mosaic relationships among the teleosts tested and, thus, leave unresolved the interfamilial relationships among these taxa. ..
- Bi Y, Zhang Y, Signorelli T, Zhao R, Zhu T, Rothstein S. Genetic analysis of Arabidopsis GATA transcription factor gene family reveals a nitrate-inducible member important for chlorophyll synthesis and glucose sensitivity. Plant J. 2005;44:680-92 pubmed..These observations suggest a function for GNC in regulating carbon and nitrogen metabolism. ..
- Xiao H, Tattersall E, Siddiqua M, Cramer G, Nassuth A. CBF4 is a unique member of the CBF transcription factor family of Vitis vinifera and Vitis riparia. Plant Cell Environ. 2008;31:1-10 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that CBF4 represents a second type of CBF in grape that might be more important for the over-wintering of grape plants...
- Chang A, Lim M, Lee S, Robb E, Nazar R. Tomato phenylalanine ammonia-lyase gene family, highly redundant but strongly underutilized. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:33591-601 pubmed publisher..Plant transformation analyses further demonstrate the presence of very active silencing, suggesting aggressive competition between PAL gene duplication and copy inactivation during PAL gene evolution. ..
- Clark S, Di Leo R, Van Cauwenberghe O, Mullen R, Shelp B. Subcellular localization and expression of multiple tomato gamma-aminobutyrate transaminases that utilize both pyruvate and glyoxylate. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:3255-67 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings, together with recent information about rice and pepper GABA-Ts, indicate that the subcellular distribution of GABA-T in the plant kingdom is highly variable...
- Pasman Y, Saini S, Smith E, Kaushik A. Organization and genomic complexity of bovine lambda-light chain gene locus. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;135:306-13 pubmed publisher..Despite more potential germline encoded combinatorial diversity, restricted V(lambda)1-J(lambda)3-C(lambda)3 recombinations encode the most lambda-light chain repertoire in cattle. ..
- Roke K, Ralston J, Abdelmagid S, Nielsen D, BADAWI A, El Sohemy A, et al. Variation in the FADS1/2 gene cluster alters plasma n-6 PUFA and is weakly associated with hsCRP levels in healthy young adults. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2013;89:257-63 pubmed publisher..05). This study highlights the relationships between FA and hsCRP, and confirms that FA are strongly influenced by SNPs in FADS1/2. Furthermore, we found weak evidence that SNPs in FADS1/2 may influence hsCRP levels in young adults. ..
- Bessonov K, Walkey C, Shelp B, van Vuuren H, Chiu D, van der Merwe G. Functional analyses of NSF1 in wine yeast using interconnected correlation clustering and molecular analyses. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77192 pubmed publisher..The inter-disciplinary approach adopted here highlighted the accuracy and relevancy of the ICC method in mining for novel gene functions using complex microarray datasets with a limited number of samples. ..
- Heinrichs D, Monteiro M, Perry M, Whitfield C. The assembly system for the lipopolysaccharide R2 core-type of Escherichia coli is a hybrid of those found in Escherichia coli K-12 and Salmonella enterica. Structure and function of the R2 WaaK and WaaL homologs. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:8849-59 pubmed..Results of complementation analyses of E. coli K-12 and F632 waaL mutants suggest that structural differences between the WaaL proteins play a role in recognition of, and interaction with, terminal lipopolysaccharide core moieties. ..