Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- de Jong J, Arif B, Theilmann D, Krell P. Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus me53 (ac140) is a nonessential gene required for efficient budded-virus production. J Virol. 2009;83:7440-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that me53, although not essential for viral replication, is required for efficient BV production...
- Kant S, Bi Y, Zhu T, Rothstein S. SAUR39, a small auxin-up RNA gene, acts as a negative regulator of auxin synthesis and transport in rice. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:691-701 pubmed publisher..The lower growth and yield of overexpresser plants was largely recovered by exogenous auxin application. Taken together, the results suggest that SAUR39 acts as a negative regulator for auxin synthesis and transport. ..
- Peña K, Castel S, de Araujo C, Espie G, Kimber M. Structural basis of the oxidative activation of the carboxysomal gamma-carbonic anhydrase, CcmM. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:2455-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, like membrane-bound eukaryotic cellular compartments, the beta-carboxysome appears to be able to maintain an oxidizing interior by precluding the entry of thioredoxin and other endogenous reducing agents. ..
- Makvandi Nejad S, Fjallman T, Arbabi Ghahroudi M, Mackenzie C, Hall J. Selection and expression of recombinant single domain antibodies from a hyper-immunized library against the hapten azoxystrobin. J Immunol Methods. 2011;373:8-18 pubmed publisher..The IC(50) values of A27 and A85 V(H)Hs were 7.2 and 2.0?M, respectively. To our knowledge A85 is one of the highest affinity V(H)Hs that has yet been isolated against a hydrophobic hapten such as azoxystrobin. ..
- Josephy P, Pan D, Ianni M, Mannervik B. Functional studies of single-nucleotide polymorphic variants of human glutathione transferase T1-1 involving residues in the dimer interface. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2011;513:87-93 pubmed publisher..Variant R76S was expressed at lower levels and showed much-reduced thermal stability. The results are interpreted in the context of the three-dimensional structure of human GST T1-1. ..
- Samborska B, Kimber M. A dodecameric CcmK2 structure suggests ?-carboxysomal shell facets have a double-layered organization. Structure. 2012;20:1353-62 pubmed publisher..This model also accurately predicts the observed shell thickness, implying that the ?-carboxysome shell is most likely organized as a double layer. ..
- Cristescu M, Hebert P, Onciu T. Phylogeography of Ponto-Caspian crustaceans: a benthic-planktonic comparison. Mol Ecol. 2003;12:985-96 pubmed..The mechanisms responsible for the high diversity of crustaceans in the Ponto-Caspian region are discussed on the basis of these results...
- Bates I, Feix J, Boggs J, Harauz G. An immunodominant epitope of myelin basic protein is an amphipathic alpha-helix. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5757-64 pubmed..The alpha-helix is tilted approximately 9 degrees, and the central lysine is in an ideal snorkeling position for side-chain interaction with the negatively charged phospholipid head groups. ..
- Yuan Z, Wagner L, Poloumienko A, Bakovic M. Identification and expression of a mouse muscle-specific CTL1 gene. Gene. 2004;341:305-12 pubmed
- Smith M, Crane R, Keates R, Wood J. Overexpression, purification, and characterization of ProQ, a posttranslational regulator for osmoregulatory transporter ProP of Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 2004;43:12979-89 pubmed..The CD spectrum of ProQ was pH- but not NaCl-sensitive. ..
- Frirdich E, Whitfield C. Characterization of Gla(KP), a UDP-galacturonic acid C4-epimerase from Klebsiella pneumoniae with extended substrate specificity. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:4104-15 pubmed..Multicopy plasmid-encoded gla(KP) partially complemented a galE mutation in S. enterica and in K. pneumoniae; however, chromosomal gla(KP) could not substitute for galE in a K. pneumoniae galE mutant in vivo. ..
- Reid C, Blackburn N, Clarke A. Role of arginine residues in the active site of the membrane-bound lytic transglycosylase B from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Biochemistry. 2006;45:2129-38 pubmed..Replacement of Gln100, a residue that would appear to interact with the N-acetyl group on MurNAc, did not show any changes in substrate affinity or activity. ..
- Sinclair P, Gilmore W, Lin Z, Lou Y, Squires E. Molecular cloning and regulation of porcine SULT2A1: relationship between SULT2A1 expression and sulfoconjugation of androstenone. J Mol Endocrinol. 2006;36:301-11 pubmed..Together, the results of this study suggest that differences in SULT2A1 expression can influence 5alpha-androstenone accumulation in fat. ..
- Stewart C, Mackenzie C, Hall J. Isolation, characterization and pentamerization of alpha-cobrotoxin specific single-domain antibodies from a naïve phage display library: preliminary findings for antivenom development. Toxicon. 2007;49:699-709 pubmed
- Chantangsi C, Lynn D, Brandl M, Cole J, Hetrick N, Ikonomi P. Barcoding ciliates: a comprehensive study of 75 isolates of the genus Tetrahymena. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2007;57:2412-25 pubmed..Overall, our study demonstrates the feasibility of using the mitochondrial cox1 gene as a taxonomic marker for 'barcoding' and identifying Tetrahymena species and some other ciliated protists...
- Liu M, Wang H, Griffiths M. Regulation of alkaline metalloprotease promoter by N-acyl homoserine lactone quorum sensing in Pseudomonas fluorescens. J Appl Microbiol. 2007;103:2174-84 pubmed..This study contributes to our understanding of the genetic regulation and ecology of P. fluorescens in the economically important system of food spoilage. ..
- Gray M, Peacock J, Squires E. Characterization of the porcine constitutive androstane receptor (CAR) and its splice variants. Xenobiotica. 2009;39:915-30 pubmed publisher..SV2 had no effect against pgPXR (pregnane X receptor) or pgFXR (farnesoid X receptor) activity when using PXR- or FXR-specific reporters. ..
- Dahiya I, Stevenson R. Yersinia ruckeri genes that attenuate survival in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) are identified using signature-tagged mutants. Vet Microbiol. 2010;144:399-404 pubmed publisher..ruckeri in rainbow trout, while other putative gene products could contribute to infection and invasion processes...
- Kirkpatrick K, Robertson A, Klaiman J, Gillis T. The influence of trout cardiac troponin I and PKA phosphorylation on the Ca2+ affinity of the cardiac troponin complex. J Exp Biol. 2011;214:1981-8 pubmed publisher..2-fold that of the complex containing trout cTnI. This suggests that the phosphorylation of trout cTnI does not play as significant a role in regulating cTn function in trout. ..
- Santry L, de Jong J, Gold A, Walsh S, Menzies P, Wootton S. Genetic characterization of small ruminant lentiviruses circulating in naturally infected sheep and goats in Ontario, Canada. Virus Res. 2013;175:30-44 pubmed publisher..These results emphasize the broad genetic diversity of SRLV strains circulating in the province of Ontario and show that the gag region is suitable for phylogenetic studies and may be applied to monitor SRLV eradication programs. ..
- Lynn D, Strüder Kypke M. Phylogenetic position of Licnophora, Lechriopyla, and Schizocaryum, three unusual ciliates (phylum Ciliophora) endosymbiotic in echinoderms (phylum Echinodermata). J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2002;49:460-8 pubmed..3) Schizocaryum clusters in the Class Oligohymenophorea and is most closely related to the scuticociliates; there are currently no morphological features known to relate Schizocaryum to the scuticociliates...
- Hill C, Metcalf D, MacInnes J. A search for virulence genes of Haemophilus parasuis using differential display RT-PCR. Vet Microbiol. 2003;96:189-202 pubmed..Sequences homologous to all of the differentially expressed genes were detected in the reference strains of all 15 H. parasuis serotypes. This is the first report of a global search for virulence factors of H. parasuis...
- Romantsov T, Stalker L, Culham D, Wood J. Cardiolipin controls the osmotic stress response and the subcellular location of transporter ProP in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12314-23 pubmed publisher..Mutations that block coiled-coil formation may also block association of the C termini with the CL-rich membrane. ..
- Gomaa M, Barta J, Ojkic D, Yoo D. Complete genomic sequence of turkey coronavirus. Virus Res. 2008;135:237-46 pubmed publisher..TCoV genome structure and sequence was most similar, but distinct from, avian infectious bronchitis virus (IBV). This is the first complete genome sequence for a TCoV and confirms that TCoV belongs to group III coronaviruses...
- Lingohr E, Villegas A, She Y, Ceyssens P, Kropinski A. The genome and proteome of the Kluyvera bacteriophage Kvp1--another member of the T7-like Autographivirinae. Virol J. 2008;5:122 pubmed publisher..Bacteriophage Kvp1, the only bacteriophage isolated for one of its species, Kluyvera cryocrescens, is a member of the viral family Podoviridae...
- Goodwin P, Chen G. Expression of a glycogen synthase protein kinase homolog from Colletotrichum gloeosporioides f.sp. malvae during infection of Malva pusilla. Can J Microbiol. 2002;48:1035-9 pubmed..One possible role for cggsk could be to coordinate fungal development during host penetration...
- Trotz Williams L, Martin D, Gatei W, Cama V, Peregrine A, Martin S, et al. Genotype and subtype analyses of Cryptosporidium isolates from dairy calves and humans in Ontario. Parasitol Res. 2006;99:346-52 pubmed..This is the first published description of Cryptosporidium genotypes and subtypes in Ontario, and is the second published report of human infection with Cryptosporidium cervine genotype. ..
- King J, Mulrooney E, Vinogradov E, Kneidinger B, Mead K, Lam J. lfnA from Pseudomonas aeruginosa O12 and wbuX from Escherichia coli O145 encode membrane-associated proteins and are required for expression of 2,6-dideoxy-2-acetamidino-L-galactose in lipopolysaccharide O antigen. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:1671-9 pubmed..Both proteins retained their activity when fused to a His(6) tag and localized to the membrane fraction. These data will assist future biochemical investigation of this pathway. ..
- Bag J, Bhattacharjee R. Multiple levels of post-transcriptional control of expression of the poly (A)-binding protein. RNA Biol. 2010;7:5-12 pubmed..Studies have shown that the cytoplasmic poly (A)-binding protein (PABP) plays a crucial role in regulating both translation and stability of eukaryotic mRNA. ..
- Mitchell G, Clark M, Lu R, Caswell J. Localization and functional characterization of pulmonary bovine odorant-binding protein. Vet Pathol. 2011;48:1054-60 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that OBP may inhibit neutrophil recruitment by inflammatory mediators, and they suggest an ability to bind macrophage-derived inflammatory mediators within the airways. ..
- Guan S, Xu R, Chen S, Odumeru J, Gyles C. Development of a procedure for discriminating among Escherichia coli isolates from animal and human sources. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2002;68:2690-8 pubmed..The results indicate that AFLP analysis was the most effective of the three methods that were evaluated. ..
- Gentekaki E, Lynn D. High-level genetic diversity but no population structure inferred from nuclear and mitochondrial markers of the peritrichous ciliate Carchesium polypinum in the Grand River basin (North America). Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75:3187-95 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results indicate that C. polypinum is likely not a single morphospecies as previously thought. ..
- El Arabi T, Griffiths M, She Y, Villegas A, Lingohr E, Kropinski A. Genome sequence and analysis of a broad-host range lytic bacteriophage that infects the Bacillus cereus group. Virol J. 2013;10:48 pubmed publisher..While numerous Bacillus phages have been isolated up till now only very few Bacillus cereus phages have been characterized in detail...
- Kropinski A, Sulakvelidze A, Konczy P, Poppe C. Salmonella phages and prophages--genomics and practical aspects. Methods Mol Biol. 2007;394:133-75 pubmed publisher..The only member of the T7-like group is SP6. The properties of each of these phages are discussed, along with their role as agents of genetic exchange and as therapeutic agents and their involvement in phage typing...
- Pei Y, Parreira V, Nicholson V, Prescott J. Mutation and virulence assessment of chromosomal genes of Rhodococcus equi 103. Can J Vet Res. 2007;71:1-7 pubmed
- Russell D, Betts D. Alternative splicing and expression analysis of bovine DNA methyltransferase 1. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1051-9 pubmed publisher..The newly reported isoform of Dnmt1 was demonstrated to be, similarly to Dnmt1a, polyadenylated and if translated possess the functional domains necessary for maintenance and de novo methyltransferase activity. ..
- Prosser S, Martínez Arce A, Elías Gutiérrez M. A new set of primers for COI amplification from freshwater microcrustaceans. Mol Ecol Resour. 2013;13:1151-5 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we believe our results will greatly aid the recovery of barcodes from these difficult groups. ..
- Lo R, McKerral L, Hills T, Kostrzynska M. Analysis of the capsule biosynthetic locus of Mannheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytica A1 and proposal of a nomenclature system. Infect Immun. 2001;69:4458-64 pubmed..haemolytica A1 nmaA/B genes resulted in the restoration of ECA biosynthesis. Region 3 contains two genes (wbrA and wbrB) which are suggested to be involved in the phospholipid modification of capsular materials...
- Deutschmann R, Boncheff A, Daraban L, MacInnes J, Monteiro M. Common sialylated glycan in Actinobacillus suis. Glycobiology. 2010;20:1227-32 pubmed publisher..The ubiquitous expression of this sialylated glycan suggests that this carbohydrate may play an important role in the survival of A. suis in the host...
- Burgess K, Morgan M, Deverno L, Husband B. Asymmetrical introgression between two Morus species (M. alba, M. rubra) that differ in abundance. Mol Ecol. 2005;14:3471-83 pubmed..These results suggest that introgression is bidirectional but asymmetrical and is related, in part, to the relative frequency of parental taxa. ..
- Lynn D, Strüder Kypke M. Species of tetrahymena identical by small subunit rRNA gene sequences are discriminated by mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase I gene sequences. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2006;53:385-7 pubmed..However, because of the synonymous nature of the majority of substitutions, the pairs of species were identical based on the putative protein sequence. ..
- Côté O, Viel L, Bienzle D. Phylogenetic relationships among Perissodactyla: secretoglobin 1A1 gene duplication and triplication in the Equidae family. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2013;69:430-6 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings suggest that evolution of the SCGB1A1 gene may parallel the separation of caballine and non-caballine species amongst Equidae, and may indicate an expansion of function for SCGB1A1 gene products. ..
- Coneva V, Zhu T, Colasanti J. Expression differences between normal and indeterminate1 maize suggest downstream targets of ID1, a floral transition regulator in maize. J Exp Bot. 2007;58:3679-93 pubmed..Only a few genes showed expression differences, suggesting that ID1 acts in a novel autonomous floral induction pathway that is distinct from the photoperiod induction pathway. ..
- Simpson J, Di Leo R, Dhanoa P, Allan W, Makhmoudova A, Clark S, et al. Identification and characterization of a plastid-localized Arabidopsis glyoxylate reductase isoform: comparison with a cytosolic isoform and implications for cellular redox homeostasis and aldehyde detoxification. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:2545-54 pubmed publisher..The identification and characterization of distinct plastidial and cytosolic glyoxylate reductase isoforms is discussed with respect to aldehyde detoxification and the plant stress response. ..
- Hodgson J, Arif B, Krell P. Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus and Choristoneura fumiferana multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus v-cath genes are expressed as pre-proenzymes. J Gen Virol. 2009;90:995-1000 pubmed publisher..An AcMNPV V-CATH-DsRED fusion protein co-localized to the endoplasmic reticulum with an HDEL motif-containing green fluorescent protein. Based on these findings, pre-proV-CATH processing and trafficking mechanisms are postulated. ..
- Richter C, Tanaka T, Yada R. Mechanism of activation of the gastric aspartic proteinases: pepsinogen, progastricsin and prochymosin. Biochem J. 1998;335 ( Pt 3):481-90 pubmed..The mechanism of activation of the gastric aspartic proteinases and the contribution of the prosegment to this mechanism are discussed, along with future directions for research. ..
- Lillie B, Hammermueller J, MacInnes J, Jacques M, Hayes M. Porcine mannan-binding lectin A binds to Actinobacillus suis and Haemophilus parasuis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2006;30:954-65 pubmed
- Yuan Z, Tie A, Tarnopolsky M, Bakovic M. Genomic organization, promoter activity, and expression of the human choline transporter-like protein 1. Physiol Genomics. 2006;26:76-90 pubmed..This retention signal was conserved in hCTL1b and rat and mouse CTL1b and is typical for transmembrane proteins of type 1 topology. ..
- Qi M, Jun H, Forsberg C. Cel9D, an atypical 1,4-beta-D-glucan glucohydrolase from Fibrobacter succinogenes: characteristics, catalytic residues, and synergistic interactions with other cellulases. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:1976-84 pubmed publisher..This enzyme has an important role in crystalline cellulose digestion by releasing glucose from accessible cello-oligosaccharides...
- Hesami S, Allen K, Metcalf D, Ostland V, MacInnes J, Lumsden J. Phenotypic and genotypic analysis of Flavobacterium psychrophilum isolates from Ontario salmonids with bacterial coldwater disease. Can J Microbiol. 2008;54:619-29 pubmed publisher..psychrophilum with pathogenic potential is quite heterogeneous...
- O Sullivan M, O Grady M, Pyle W, Dawson J. Evaluation of 10 genes encoding cardiac proteins in Doberman Pinschers with dilated cardiomyopathy. Am J Vet Res. 2011;72:932-9 pubmed publisher..Investigation of additional candidate gene coding and noncoding regions and further evaluation of the role of ?-actinin in development of DCM in Doberman Pinschers are warranted. ..
- Walsh A, Matewish M, Burrows L, Monteiro M, Perry M, Lam J. Lipopolysaccharide core phosphates are required for viability and intrinsic drug resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Mol Microbiol. 2000;35:718-27 pubmed..The inner core phosphates of P. aeruginosa appear to be playing a key role in the intrinsic drug resistance of this bacterium. ..
- Read L, Cumberbatch J, Buhr M, Bendall A, Sharif S. Cloning and characterization of chicken stromal cell derived factor-1. Dev Comp Immunol. 2005;29:143-52 pubmed..The SDF-1 gene was found to be expressed ubiquitously and constitutively in adult tissues and was present as early as the primitive streak stage of chicken embryos. ..
- Linher K, Cheung Q, Baker P, Bedecarrats G, Shiota K, Li J. An epigenetic mechanism regulates germ cell-specific expression of the porcine Deleted in Azoospermia-Like (DAZL) gene. Differentiation. 2009;77:335-49 pubmed publisher..This study provides insights into the potential mechanisms underlying the regulation of germ cell-specific gene expression. ..
- Fullerton M, Bakovic M. Complementation of the metabolic defect in CTP:phosphoethanolamine cytidylyltransferase (Pcyt2)-deficient primary hepatocytes. Metabolism. 2010;59:1691-700 pubmed publisher..These data unambiguously establish that the TAG accumulation present in Pcyt2-deficient hepatocytes is a direct consequence of Pcyt2 gene deficiency and reduced functioning of the de novo Kennedy pathway. ..
- Cockburn D, Clarke A. Modulating the pH-activity profile of cellulase A from Cellulomonas fimi by replacement of surface residues. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2011;24:429-37 pubmed publisher..This study thus illustrated the utility of altering the surface charge properties of the family 6 glycoside hydrolases to enhance activity at low pH and thereby an avenue for further protein engineering. ..
- Prigoda N, Nassuth A, Mable B. Phenotypic and genotypic expression of self-incompatibility haplotypes in Arabidopsis lyrata suggests unique origin of alleles in different dominance classes. Mol Biol Evol. 2005;22:1609-20 pubmed..The possibility that interlocus gene conversion might have contributed to allelic diversity is discussed. ..
- Currie H, Lightfoot J, Lam J. Prevalence of gca, a gene involved in synthesis of A-band common antigen polysaccharide in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 1995;2:554-62 pubmed..Because of the conservation of this gene, gca may be useful as a diagnostic tool for detecting the presence of P. aeruginosa as well as other Pseudomonas species. ..
- Crease T. The complete sequence of the mitochondrial genome of Daphnia pulex (Cladocera: Crustacea). Gene. 1999;233:89-99 pubmed
- Yethon J, Vinogradov E, Perry M, Whitfield C. Mutation of the lipopolysaccharide core glycosyltransferase encoded by waaG destabilizes the outer membrane of Escherichia coli by interfering with core phosphorylation. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:5620-3 pubmed..Structural analyses of waaG mutant lipopolysaccharide showed that the cause for this phenotype was a decrease in core phosphorylation, an unexpected side effect of the waaG mutation. ..
- Peng M, Hannam C, Gu H, Bi Y, Rothstein S. A mutation in NLA, which encodes a RING-type ubiquitin ligase, disrupts the adaptability of Arabidopsis to nitrogen limitation. Plant J. 2007;50:320-37 pubmed..All the results indicate that NLA is a positive regulator for the development of the adaptability of Arabidopsis to nitrogen limitation. ..
- Scheurwater E, Pfeffer J, Clarke A. Production and purification of the bacterial autolysin N-acetylmuramoyl-L-alanine amidase B from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Protein Expr Purif. 2007;56:128-37 pubmed..Four separate assays involving zymography, light scattering, HPLC and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry were used to confirm the activity of the protein as an N-acetylmuramoyl-L-alanine amidase. ..
- Makvandi Nejad S, Sheedy C, Veldhuis L, Richard G, Hall J. Selection of single chain variable fragment (scFv) antibodies from a hyperimmunized phage display library for the detection of the antibiotic monensin. J Immunol Methods. 2010;360:103-18 pubmed publisher..IC(50) values ranged from 0.031 and 231 microM. A cross-reactivity assay against salinomycin, lasalocid A, kanamycin and ampicillin revealed that the two best binders were highly specific to monensin. ..
- Pant S, Schenkel F, Verschoor C, Karrow N. Use of breed-specific single nucleotide polymorphisms to discriminate between Holstein and Jersey dairy cattle breeds. Anim Biotechnol. 2012;23:1-10 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study demonstrates a simple, yet effective, method of using breed-specific SNPs to discriminate between Jersey and Holstein cattle breeds. ..
- Alderman S, Klaiman J, Deck C, Gillis T. Effect of cold acclimation on troponin I isoform expression in striated muscle of rainbow trout. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;303:R168-76 pubmed publisher..Overall this study underscores the complex molecular composition of teleost striated muscle and suggests there is an adaptive value to the unique TnI profiles of each muscle type. ..
- Kropinski A, Lingohr E, Moyles D, Ojha S, Mazzocco A, She Y, et al. Endemic bacteriophages: a cautionary tale for evaluation of bacteriophage therapy and other interventions for infection control in animals. Virol J. 2012;9:207 pubmed publisher..Similarly, evaluation of any interventions for foodborne or other bacterial pathogens in animals may be compromised unless tests for such phages are included to identify their presence and potential impact. ..
- Abbasifar R, Kropinski A, Sabour P, Ackermann H, Alanís Villa A, Abbasifar A, et al. Genome sequence of Cronobacter sakazakii myovirus vB_CsaM_GAP31. J Virol. 2012;86:13830-1 pubmed publisher..It consists of 147,940 bp and has a G+C content of 46.3%. A total of 295 genes, including 269 open reading frames and 26 tRNA genes, were identified. This phage is related to Salmonella phage PVP-SE1 and coliphages vB_EcoM-FV3 and rV5...
- Vassall K, Bessonov K, De Avila M, Polverini E, Harauz G. The effects of threonine phosphorylation on the stability and dynamics of the central molecular switch region of 18.5-kDa myelin basic protein. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68175 pubmed publisher..The results support the hypothesis that the central conserved segment of MBP constitutes a molecular switch in which the conformation and/or intermolecular interactions are mediated by phosphorylation/dephosphorylation at T92 and T95. ..
- Wang S, Munro R, Shi L, Kawamura I, Okitsu T, Wada A, et al. Solid-state NMR spectroscopy structure determination of a lipid-embedded heptahelical membrane protein. Nat Methods. 2013;10:1007-12 pubmed publisher..We determined the atomic resolution detail of the oligomerization interface of the ASR trimer, and the arrangement of helices, side chains and the retinal cofactor in the monomer. ..
- Auzanneau F, Borrelli S, Pinto B. Synthesis and immunological activity of an oligosaccharide-conjugate as a vaccine candidate against Group A Streptococcus. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013;23:6038-42 pubmed publisher..The immunogenicity in mice is similar to that obtained with a native CWPS-TT conjugate, validating the glycoconjugate as a vaccine candidate against GAS infections. ..
- Kunte H, Crane R, Culham D, Richmond D, Wood J. Protein ProQ influences osmotic activation of compatible solute transporter ProP in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:1537-43 pubmed..ProQ may be a structural element that influences the osmotic activation of ProP at a posttranslational level. ..
- Murray B, Busby E, Mommsen T, Wright P. Evolution of glutamine synthetase in vertebrates: multiple glutamine synthetase genes expressed in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). J Exp Biol. 2003;206:1511-21 pubmed
- Lin Z, Lou Y, Squires E. Molecular cloning, expression and functional characterization of the cytochrome P450 2A6 gene in pig liver. Anim Genet. 2004;35:314-6 pubmed..We identified a single base deletion in CYP2A6, resulting in a frame shift in the coding region that produces a non-functional enzyme, which was associated with high levels of skatole in fat tissue. ..
- Lee C, Hodgins D, Calvert J, Welch S, Jolie R, Yoo D. Mutations within the nuclear localization signal of the porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus nucleocapsid protein attenuate virus replication. Virology. 2006;346:238-50 pubmed publisher..These results show that N protein nuclear localization is non-essential for PRRSV multiplication but may play an important role in viral attenuation and in pathogenesis in vivo...
- Lin Z, Lou Y, Squires E. Functional polymorphism in porcine CYP2E1 gene: Its association with skatole levels. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;99:231-7 pubmed..We believe that this is an important step toward the selection of genetic markers for boar taint by lowering fat levels of skatole in fat. ..
- Qi M, Jun H, Forsberg C. Characterization and synergistic interactions of Fibrobacter succinogenes glycoside hydrolases. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:6098-105 pubmed publisher..Mixtures containing all the enzymes gave a higher degree of synergism than those containing two or three enzymes, which reflected the complementarity in their modes of action as well as substrate specificities...
- Boulter Bitzer J, Lee H, Trevors J. Single-chain variable fragment antibodies selected by phage display against the sporozoite surface antigen P23 Of Cryptosporidium parvum. J Parasitol. 2009;95:75-81 pubmed publisher..parvum. Panning from naïve libraries is a useful method for isolation and identification of recombinant antibodies that have the potential for use in pathogen detection and immunotherapy...
- Plumb C, Adamcic U, Shahrzad S, Minhas K, Adham S, Coomber B. Modulation of the tumor suppressor protein alpha-catenin by ischemic microenvironment. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:1662-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings illustrate that the tumor microenvironment is a potent modulator of tumor suppressor expression, which has implications for localized nutrient deficiency and ischemia-induced cancer progression. ..
- Rahman L, Chen L, Nazim S, Bamm V, Yaish M, Moffatt B, et al. Interactions of intrinsically disordered Thellungiella salsuginea dehydrins TsDHN-1 and TsDHN-2 with membranes - synergistic effects of lipid composition and temperature on secondary structure. Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;88:791-807 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this induced folding is enhanced at low temperatures, lending credence to the hypothesis that dehydrins stabilize plant outer and organellar membranes in conditions of cold. ..