Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Publications586 found, 100 shown here
- Lin S, Cui H, Yusta B, Belsham D. IGF-I signaling prevents dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)-induced apoptosis in hypothalamic neurons. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2004;214:127-35 pubmed
- Gingrich J, Pelkey K, Fam S, Huang Y, Petralia R, Wenthold R, et al. Unique domain anchoring of Src to synaptic NMDA receptors via the mitochondrial protein NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:6237-42 pubmed
- Fish J, Matouk C, Rachlis A, Lin S, Tai S, D Abreo C, et al. The expression of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase is controlled by a cell-specific histone code. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24824-38 pubmed..Taken together, these findings provide strong evidence that the endothelial cell-specific expression of eNOS is controlled by cell-specific histone modifications. ..
- Mar L, Rivkin E, Kim D, Yu J, Cordes S. A genetic screen for mutations that affect cranial nerve development in the mouse. J Neurosci. 2005;25:11787-95 pubmed
- Yoshimitsu M, Higuchi K, Dawood F, Rasaiah V, Ayach B, Chen M, et al. Correction of cardiac abnormalities in fabry mice by direct intraventricular injection of a recombinant lentiviral vector that engineers expression of alpha-galactosidase A. Circ J. 2006;70:1503-8 pubmed..A localized benefit of directly injecting a therapeutic LV into the heart has been shown, confirming the utility of this delivery system for research and therapy for a variety of cardiovascular disorders. ..
- Chen W, Diao J, Stepkowski S, Zhang L. Both infiltrating regulatory T cells and insufficient antigen presentation are involved in long-term cardiac xenograft survival. J Immunol. 2007;179:1542-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that local regulatory mechanisms need to be taken into account to control anti-xenograft T cell responses. ..
- Tein I, Elpeleg O, Ben Zeev B, Korman S, Lossos A, Lev D, et al. Short-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase gene mutation (c.319C>T) presents with clinical heterogeneity and is candidate founder mutation in individuals of Ashkenazi Jewish origin. Mol Genet Metab. 2008;93:179-89 pubmed..This should be screened for in individuals with multicore myopathy, particularly among the Ashkenazim. ..
- Dugani C, Paquin A, Fujitani M, Kaplan D, Miller F. p63 antagonizes p53 to promote the survival of embryonic neural precursor cells. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6710-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, the balance of DeltaNp63 versus p53 determines the life versus death of embryonic cortical precursors, a role that these p53 family members may well play in other populations of developing and/or adult neural precursors. ..
- Sato M, Keshavjee S, Liu M. Translational research: animal models of obliterative bronchiolitis after lung transplantation. Am J Transplant. 2009;9:1981-7 pubmed publisher..We review the available animal models, their modifications and possible applications to assist researchers in choosing the appropriate model for their intended research. ..
- Tibboel J, Joza S, Reiss I, de Jongste J, Post M. Amelioration of hyperoxia-induced lung injury using a sphingolipid-based intervention. Eur Respir J. 2013;42:776-84 pubmed publisher..Hyperoxia increased ceramide levels, with normalisation after recovery. d-sphingosine addition during recovery reduced ceramide levels and ameliorated hyperoxia-induced alveolar arrest. ..
- Louria Hayon I, Frelin C, Ruston J, Gish G, Jin J, Kofler M, et al. Lnk adaptor suppresses radiation resistance and radiation-induced B-cell malignancies by inhibiting IL-11 signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:20599-604 pubmed publisher..IL-11 therefore drives a pathway that enhances HSPC radioresistance and radiation-induced B-cell malignancies, but is normally attenuated by the inhibitory adaptor Lnk. ..
- Nault R, Fader K, Kirby M, Ahmed S, Matthews J, Jones A, et al. Pyruvate Kinase Isoform Switching and Hepatic Metabolic Reprogramming by the Environmental Contaminant 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-Dioxin. Toxicol Sci. 2016;149:358-71 pubmed publisher..This AhR-mediated metabolic reprogramming is similar to the Warburg effect and represents a novel advantageous defense mechanism to increase anti-oxidant capacity in normal differentiated hepatocytes. ..
- Chaurasiya S, Hew P, Crosley P, Sharon D, Potts K, Agopsowicz K, et al. Breast cancer gene therapy using an adenovirus encoding human IL-2 under control of mammaglobin promoter/enhancer sequences. Cancer Gene Ther. 2016;23:178-87 pubmed publisher..Both IL-2 vectors exerted significant tumor growth delay; however, attempts to further enhance antitumor activity of the IL-2 vectors by combining with the proapoptotic drug procaspase activating compound 1 (PAC1) were unsuccessful. ..
- Grausam K, Dooyema S, Bihannic L, Premathilake H, Morrissy A, Forget A, et al. ATOH1 Promotes Leptomeningeal Dissemination and Metastasis of Sonic Hedgehog Subgroup Medulloblastomas. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3766-3777 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals a dynamic ATOH1-driven molecular cascade underlying medulloblastoma metastasis that offers possible therapeutic opportunities. Cancer Res; 77(14); 3766-77. ©2017 AACR. ..
- van der Geer P, Wiley S, Lai V, Olivier J, Gish G, Stephens R, et al. A conserved amino-terminal Shc domain binds to phosphotyrosine motifs in activated receptors and phosphopeptides. Curr Biol. 1995;5:404-12 pubmed..In this way, Shc may function as an adaptor protein to bring two tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins together. ..
- Hui C, Joyner A. A mouse model of greig cephalopolysyndactyly syndrome: the extra-toesJ mutation contains an intragenic deletion of the Gli3 gene. Nat Genet. 1993;3:241-6 pubmed..Furthermore, structures affected in the mouse mutant and human syndrome were found to correlate with expression domains of Gli3 in mouse. These results strongly suggest that the deficiency of GLI3 function leads to GCPS. ..
- Zhu B, Suzuki K, Goldberg H, Rittling S, Denhardt D, McCulloch C, et al. Osteopontin modulates CD44-dependent chemotaxis of peritoneal macrophages through G-protein-coupled receptors: evidence of a role for an intracellular form of osteopontin. J Cell Physiol. 2004;198:155-67 pubmed
- Bertram E, Dawicki W, Sedgmen B, Bramson J, Lynch D, Watts T. A switch in costimulation from CD28 to 4-1BB during primary versus secondary CD8 T cell response to influenza in vivo. J Immunol. 2004;172:981-8 pubmed..The results indicate that anti-4-1BB or 4-1BBL therapy will be most effective during the boost phase of a prime-boost vaccination strategy. ..
- van Tuyl M, Groenman F, Kuliszewski M, Ridsdale R, Wang J, Tibboel D, et al. Overexpression of lunatic fringe does not affect epithelial cell differentiation in the developing mouse lung. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;288:L672-82 pubmed..Collectively, the data suggest that Lunatic fringe does not play a significant role in determining cell fate in fetal airway epithelium. ..
- Kuang D, Yao Y, Lam J, Tsushima R, Hampson D. Cloning and characterization of a family C orphan G-protein coupled receptor. J Neurochem. 2005;93:383-91 pubmed..24 odorant receptor. These findings suggest that GPRC6A may function as the receptor component of a novel cellular transmitter system in mammals. ..
- Hartwig S, Hu M, Cella C, Piscione T, Filmus J, Rosenblum N. Glypican-3 modulates inhibitory Bmp2-Smad signaling to control renal development in vivo. Mech Dev. 2005;122:928-38 pubmed..These results demonstrate that BMP2-SMAD signaling, modulated by GPC3, inhibits renal branching morphogenesis in vivo. ..
- Rakhit R, Chakrabartty A. Structure, folding, and misfolding of Cu,Zn superoxide dismutase in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1762:1025-37 pubmed..The relative merits of the two hypotheses are compared and a common unifying principle is outlined. Lastly, the potential for therapies targeting SOD1 misfolding is discussed. ..
- Zhang S, Shi M, Hui C, Rommens J. Loss of the mouse ortholog of the shwachman-diamond syndrome gene (Sbds) results in early embryonic lethality. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6656-63 pubmed..Sbds is an essential gene for early mammalian development, with an expression pattern consistent with a critical role in cell proliferation. ..
- Huynh K, Eskelinen E, Scott C, Malevanets A, Saftig P, Grinstein S. LAMP proteins are required for fusion of lysosomes with phagosomes. EMBO J. 2007;26:313-24 pubmed..Time-lapse cinematography revealed that late endosomes/lysosomes as well as phagosomes lacking LAMP-1 and LAMP-2 had reduced ability to move toward the microtubule-organizing center, likely precluding their interaction with each other. ..
- LaPierre D, Lee D, Li S, Xie Y, Zhong L, Sheng W, et al. The ability of versican to simultaneously cause apoptotic resistance and sensitivity. Cancer Res. 2007;67:4742-50 pubmed..This study further supports the importance of versican in cancer cell biology and the complexity of apoptosis regulation. ..
- Matthews J, Wihlén B, Heldring N, MacPherson L, Helguero L, Treuter E, et al. Co-planar 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorinated biphenyl and non-co-planar 2,2',4,6,6'-pentachlorinated biphenyl differentially induce recruitment of oestrogen receptor alpha to aryl hydrocarbon receptor target genes. Biochem J. 2007;406:343-53 pubmed..Our results provide further evidence that AHR agonists induce ERalpha promoter occupancy at AHR target genes through indirect activation of ERalpha, and support a role for ERalpha in AHR transactivation. ..
- Filmus J, Capurro M. The role of glypican-3 in the regulation of body size and cancer. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2787-90 pubmed..Finally, we propose an explanation for the tissue-specific function of GPC3. ..
- ..Such information will aid in the design of clinical trials of oral Clioquinol for new indications such as cancer therapy. ..
- Samokhvalov V, Bilan P, Schertzer J, Antonescu C, Klip A. Palmitate- and lipopolysaccharide-activated macrophages evoke contrasting insulin responses in muscle cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;296:E37-46 pubmed publisher..Macrophages may be an integral element in glucose homeostasis in vivo, relaying effects of circulating factors to skeletal muscle. ..
- Shvets A, Chakrabarti R, Gonzalez Quintial R, Baccala R, Theofilopoulos A, Prud homme G. Impaired negative regulation of homeostatically proliferating T cells. Blood. 2009;113:622-5 pubmed publisher..We conclude that T cells are weakly regulated by inhibitory molecules during the acute phase of HP, which could explain their increased effectiveness in cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Khalid S, Hwang D, Babichev Y, Kolli R, Altamentova S, Koren S, et al. Evidence for a tumor promoting effect of high-fat diet independent of insulin resistance in HER2/Neu mammary carcinogenesis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;122:647-59 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that HFD, in the absence of significant insulin resistance, mediates a tumor promoting, but not a tumor growth effect in this model of mammary carcinogenesis. ..
- Billia F, Hauck L, Konecny F, Rao V, Shen J, Mak T. PTEN-inducible kinase 1 (PINK1)/Park6 is indispensable for normal heart function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:9572-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PINK1 possesses a distinct, nonredundant function in the surveillance and maintenance of cardiac tissue homeostasis. ..
- Rose J, Naydenova Z, Bang A, Ramadan A, Klawitter J, Schram K, et al. Absence of equilibrative nucleoside transporter 1 in ENT1 knockout mice leads to altered nucleoside levels following hypoxic challenge. Life Sci. 2011;89:621-30 pubmed publisher..ENT1-null mice possess elevated circulating adenosine levels and reduced cellular uptake resulting in a perpetually cardioprotected phenotype. ..
- Sangwan M, McCurdy S, Livne Bar I, Ahmad M, Wrana J, Chen D, et al. Established and new mouse models reveal E2f1 and Cdk2 dependency of retinoblastoma, and expose effective strategies to block tumor initiation. Oncogene. 2012;31:5019-28 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that E2f inhibitors, never before tested in vivo, or CKIs, largely disappointing as therapeutics, may be effective preventive agents...
- Francis B, Yang J, Hajderi E, Brown M, Michalski B, McLaurin J, et al. Reduced tissue levels of noradrenaline are associated with behavioral phenotypes of the TgCRND8 mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2012;37:1934-44 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the importance of noradrenergic depletion in AD-like phenotypes of TgCRND8 mice. ..
- Liu G, Fang F, Zhou J, Koulajian K, Yang S, Lam L, et al. Deletion of p47phox attenuates the progression of diabetic nephropathy and reduces the severity of diabetes in the Akita mouse. Diabetologia. 2012;55:2522-32 pubmed publisher..Deletion of p47 (phox) attenuates diabetes-induced glomerular injury and beta cell dysfunction in the Akita mouse. ..
- Laprairie R, Warford J, Hutchings S, Robertson G, Kelly M, Denovan Wright E. The cytokine and endocannabinoid systems are co-regulated by NF-?B p65/RelA in cell culture and transgenic mouse models of Huntington's disease and in striatal tissue from Huntington's disease patients. J Neuroimmunol. 2014;267:61-72 pubmed publisher..Activation of p65/RelA restored CB1 and CCL5 expression in STHdh cell models of HD. Therefore, p65/RelA activation may normalize the expression of some genes in HD. ..
- Tran D, Ramos E, Belsham D. Induction of Gnrh mRNA expression by the Ï‰-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid and the saturated fatty acid palmitate in a GnRH-synthesizing neuronal cell model, mHypoA-GnRH/GFP. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;426:125-35 pubmed publisher..This will advance our understanding of the mechanisms underlying FFA sensing in the brain and provides insight into the links between nutrition and reproductive function. ..
- Fong G, Rossant J, Gertsenstein M, Breitman M. Role of the Flt-1 receptor tyrosine kinase in regulating the assembly of vascular endothelium. Nature. 1995;376:66-70 pubmed..We suggest that the Flt-1 signalling pathway may regulate normal endothelial cell-cell or cell-matrix interactions during vascular development. ..
- Demetriou M, Nabi I, Coppolino M, Dedhar S, Dennis J. Reduced contact-inhibition and substratum adhesion in epithelial cells expressing GlcNAc-transferase V. J Cell Biol. 1995;130:383-92 pubmed..The results suggest that beta 1-6GlcNAc branching of N-linked oligosaccharides contributes directly to relaxed growth controls and reduce substratum adhesion in premalignant epithelial cells. ..
- Varmuza S, Jurisicova A, Okano K, Hudson J, Boekelheide K, Shipp E. Spermiogenesis is impaired in mice bearing a targeted mutation in the protein phosphatase 1cgamma gene. Dev Biol. 1999;205:98-110 pubmed..These defects are discussed in the light of known functions of protein phosphatase 1. ..
- Mamelak D, Mylvaganam M, Whetstone H, Hartmann E, Lennarz W, Wyrick P, et al. Hsp70s contain a specific sulfogalactolipid binding site. Differential aglycone influence on sulfogalactosyl ceramide binding by recombinant prokaryotic and eukaryotic hsp70 family members. Biochemistry. 2001;40:3572-82 pubmed
- Irwin D. Ancient duplications of the human proglucagon gene. Genomics. 2002;79:741-6 pubmed..Recently, a processed pseudogene of the X-chromosome-linked gene TIMM8A was inserted downstream of GCG. Some ancient duplicates of GCG may retain physiological functions in other vertebrates. ..
- Marsden P, Ning Q, Fung L, Luo X, Chen Y, Mendicino M, et al. The Fgl2/fibroleukin prothrombinase contributes to immunologically mediated thrombosis in experimental and human viral hepatitis. J Clin Invest. 2003;112:58-66 pubmed..Fibrin deposition was strongly associated with Fgl2/fibroleukin expression. Collectively, these data indicate a critical role for Fgl2/fibroleukin in the pathophysiology of experimental and human viral hepatitis. ..
- Richmond T, Chohan M, Barber D. Turning cells red: signal transduction mediated by erythropoietin. Trends Cell Biol. 2005;15:146-55 pubmed..In this review, we summarize EPO-mediated signaling pathways and examine their significance in vivo. ..
- Yan M, Collins R, Grinstein S, Trimble W. Coronin-1 function is required for phagosome formation. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3077-87 pubmed..Together, our data demonstrates that coronin-1 is required for an early step in phagosome formation, consistent with a role in actin polymerization. ..
- Koshiba Takeuchi K, Takeuchi J, Arruda E, Kathiriya I, Mo R, Hui C, et al. Cooperative and antagonistic interactions between Sall4 and Tbx5 pattern the mouse limb and heart. Nat Genet. 2006;38:175-83 pubmed..Thus, a positive and negative feed-forward circuit between Tbx5 and Sall4 ensures precise patterning of embryonic limb and heart and provides a unifying mechanism for heart/hand syndromes. ..
- Chazaud C, Yamanaka Y, Pawson T, Rossant J. Early lineage segregation between epiblast and primitive endoderm in mouse blastocysts through the Grb2-MAPK pathway. Dev Cell. 2006;10:615-24 pubmed..We propose a model in which the ICM develops as a mosaic of EPI and PE progenitors at E3.5, dependent on Grb2-Ras-MAP kinase signaling, followed by later segregation of the progenitors into the appropriate cell layers...
- Tsui H, Chan Y, Tang L, Winer S, Cheung R, Paltser G, et al. Targeting of pancreatic glia in type 1 diabetes. Diabetes. 2008;57:918-28 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings elucidate a role for pSC-specific CD8(+) T-cells in islet inflammation and type 1 diabetes pathogenesis, further supporting neuronal involvement in beta-cell demise. ..
- Lovren F, Pan Y, Quan A, Teoh H, Wang G, Shukla P, et al. Angiotensin converting enzyme-2 confers endothelial protection and attenuates atherosclerosis. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;295:H1377-84 pubmed publisher..ACE2-based treatment approaches may be a novel approach to limit aberrant vascular responses and atherothrombosis. ..
- Gurung A, Uddin F, Hill R, Ferguson P, Alman B. Beta-catenin is a mediator of the response of fibroblasts to irradiation. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:248-55 pubmed publisher..beta-Catenin mediates the effects of ionizing radiation in fibroblasts, and its modulation has the potential to decrease the severity of radiation-induced soft tissue complications. ..
- Gauthier Fisher A, Lin D, Greeve M, Kaplan D, Rottapel R, Miller F. Lfc and Tctex-1 regulate the genesis of neurons from cortical precursor cells. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:735-44 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Lfc and Tctex-1 were required to determine the orientation of mitotic precursor cell divisions in vivo. Thus, Lfc and Tctex-1 interact to regulate cortical neurogenesis, potentially by regulating mitotic spindle orientation. ..
- Maida A, Hansotia T, Longuet C, Seino Y, Drucker D. Differential importance of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide vs glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor signaling for beta cell survival in mice. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:2146-57 pubmed publisher..GLP-1R signaling exerts more robust control of beta cell survival, relative to GIPR activation or dipeptidylpeptidase-4 inhibition in mice in vivo. ..
- Lipina T, Roder J. A new model of the disrupted latent inhibition in C57BL/6J mice after bupropion treatment. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2010;208:487-98 pubmed publisher..Further detailed biochemical analysis of bupropion-induced LI deficit might be a fruitful approach in developing new antipsychotics. ..
- Maiuri T, Ho J, Stambolic V. Regulation of adipocyte differentiation by distinct subcellular pools of protein kinase B (PKB/Akt). J Biol Chem. 2010;285:15038-47 pubmed publisher..Our work establishes the use of localized pseudosubstrate PKB/Akt inhibitors as an effective method for the dissection of PKB/Akt signaling. ..
- Choi D, Schroer S, Lu S, Wang L, Wu X, Liu Y, et al. Erythropoietin protects against diabetes through direct effects on pancreatic beta cells. J Exp Med. 2010;207:2831-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, promotion of EPO signaling in ? cells may be a novel therapeutic strategy for diabetes prevention and treatment. ..
- Lerch J, Sled J, Henkelman R. MRI phenotyping of genetically altered mice. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;711:349-61 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we illustrate the methods necessary to achieve high-throughput phenotyping of genetically altered mice using multiple-mouse MRI combined with advanced image analysis techniques and statistics. ..
- Hao Z, Duncan G, Su Y, Li W, Silvester J, Hong C, et al. The E3 ubiquitin ligase Mule acts through the ATM-p53 axis to maintain B lymphocyte homeostasis. J Exp Med. 2012;209:173-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, Mule regulates the ATM-p53 axis to maintain B cell homeostasis under both steady-state and stress conditions. ..
- Johswich K, Zhou J, Law D, St Michael F, McCaw S, Jamieson F, et al. Invasive potential of nonencapsulated disease isolates of Neisseria meningitidis. Infect Immun. 2012;80:2346-53 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest the acquisition of a new virulence phenotype by these nonencapsulated strains...
- Rubino S, Selvanantham T, Girardin S, Philpott D. Nod-like receptors in the control of intestinal inflammation. Curr Opin Immunol. 2012;24:398-404 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will discuss the genetic associations of NLRs with IBD and the research using NLR-deficient mice in different colitis models. ..
- Kaplan N, Albert M, Awrey D, Bardouniotis E, Berman J, Clarke T, et al. Mode of action, in vitro activity, and in vivo efficacy of AFN-1252, a selective antistaphylococcal FabI inhibitor. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:5865-74 pubmed publisher..These studies, demonstrating a selective mode of action, potent in vitro activity, and in vivo efficacy, support the continued investigation of AFN-1252 as a targeted therapeutic for staphylococcal infections. ..
- Crasto G, Kartner N, Yao Y, Li K, Bullock L, Datti A, et al. Luteolin inhibition of V-ATPase a3-d2 interaction decreases osteoclast resorptive activity. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:929-41 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the V-ATPase a3-d2 interaction is a viable target for novel anti-resorptive therapeutics that potentially preserve osteoclast-osteoblast signaling important for bone remodeling. ..
- Leung N, Gianfelice A, Gray Owen S, Ireton K. Impact of the Listeria monocytogenes protein InlC on infection in mice. Infect Immun. 2013;81:1334-40 pubmed publisher..These smaller foci are consistent with a role for InlC in cell-to-cell spread in vivo. Taken together, these results provide evidence that interaction of InlC with host Tuba is important for full virulence. ..
- Bin N, Jung C, Piggott C, Sugita S. Crucial role of the hydrophobic pocket region of Munc18 protein in mast cell degranulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:4610-5 pubmed publisher..We also suggest that the functional importance of this region is significantly different between neuronal and immune cell exocytosis. ..
- Bloise E, Bhuiyan M, Audette M, Petropoulos S, Javam M, Gibb W, et al. Prenatal endotoxemia and placental drug transport in the mouse: placental size-specific effects. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65728 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we demonstrate that acute sub-lethal LPS exposure during pregnancy impairs fetal protection against potentially harmful xenobiotics in the maternal circulation...
- Yamamoto K, Gandin V, Sasaki M, McCracken S, Li W, Silvester J, et al. Largen: a molecular regulator of mammalian cell size control. Mol Cell. 2014;53:904-15 pubmed publisher..Our results establish Largen as an important link between mRNA translation, mitochondrial functions, and the control of mammalian cell size. ..
- Trimpert C, Wesche D, de Groot T, Pimentel Rodriguez M, Wong V, van den Berg D, et al. NDFIP allows NEDD4/NEDD4L-induced AQP2 ubiquitination and degradation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183774 pubmed publisher..As NDFIP1/2 bind many NEDD4 family E3 ligases, which are implicated in several cellular processes, NDFIP1/2 may be the missing link for AQP2 ubiquitination and degradation from different subcellular locations. ..
- Penninger J, Kishihara K, Molina T, Wallace V, Timms E, Hedrick S, et al. Requirement for tyrosine kinase p56lck for thymic development of transgenic gamma delta T cells. Science. 1993;260:358-61 pubmed..Thus, p56lck is crucial for the thymic, but not intestinal, maturation of gamma delta T cells and may function in thymic development independently of CD4 or CD8. ..
- Ching Ying Wong J, Alon N, Buchwald M. Cloning of the bovine and rat Fanconi anemia group C cDNA. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:522-5 pubmed
- Woo M, Hakem R, Soengas M, Duncan G, Shahinian A, Kagi D, et al. Essential contribution of caspase 3/CPP32 to apoptosis and its associated nuclear changes. Genes Dev. 1998;12:806-19 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that CPP32 is an essential component in apoptotic events that is remarkably system- and stimulus-dependent. Consequently, drugs that inhibit CPP32 may preferentially disrupt specific forms of cell death. ..
- Cybulsky M, Iiyama K, Li H, Zhu S, Chen M, Iiyama M, et al. A major role for VCAM-1, but not ICAM-1, in early atherosclerosis. J Clin Invest. 2001;107:1255-62 pubmed..Therefore, although expression of both VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 is upregulated in atherosclerotic lesions, our data indicate that VCAM-1 plays a dominant role in the initiation of atherosclerosis. ..
- Golub R, Huang C, Kanagawa O, Wu G. Valpha gene replacement in a TCRalpha knock-in mouse. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:2919-25 pubmed..The conservation of the embedded heptamer in most Valpha segments adds support to the notion that V-gene replacement is a mechanism maintained to diversify the immune system and that argues that it is common to B and T cells. ..
- Kitching R, Qi S, Li V, Raouf A, Vary C, Seth A. Coordinate gene expression patterns during osteoblast maturation and retinoic acid treatment of MC3T3-E1 cells. J Bone Miner Metab. 2002;20:269-80 pubmed..Several cDNAs representing genes with previously unrecognized RA responsiveness were identified by this comparison, including the receptor for bone morphogenetic proteins 2 and 4 (Bmp2/Bmp4) and hemoglobin Y. ..
- Mill P, Mo R, Fu H, Grachtchouk M, Kim P, Dlugosz A, et al. Sonic hedgehog-dependent activation of Gli2 is essential for embryonic hair follicle development. Genes Dev. 2003;17:282-94 pubmed..Together, our results suggest that Shh-dependent Gli2 activation plays a critical role in epithelial homeostasis by promoting proliferation through the transcriptional control of cell cycle regulators. ..
- Afroze T, Yang L, Wang C, Gros R, Kalair W, Hoque A, et al. Calcineurin-independent regulation of plasma membrane Ca2+ ATPase-4 in the vascular smooth muscle cell cycle. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2003;285:C88-95 pubmed..These data show that G1/S-specific PMCA4 repression in proliferating VSMC is brought about by c-Myb and CaMK-II and that calcineurin may regulate cell cycle-associated [Ca2+]i through alternate targets. ..
- Chan C, Kay L, Khadaroo R, Chan M, Lakatoo S, Young K, et al. Soluble fibrinogen-like protein 2/fibroleukin exhibits immunosuppressive properties: suppressing T cell proliferation and inhibiting maturation of bone marrow-derived dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2003;170:4036-44 pubmed..These data provide the first evidence to demonstrate that (s)fgl2 exerts immunosuppressive effects on T cell proliferation and DC maturation. ..
- Ding H, Wu X, Bostrom H, Kim I, Wong N, Tsoi B, et al. A specific requirement for PDGF-C in palate formation and PDGFR-alpha signaling. Nat Genet. 2004;36:1111-6 pubmed..Our results also show that PDGF-C signaling is a new pathway in palatogenesis, different from, and independent of, those previously implicated. ..
- Ni H, Chen P, Spring C, Sayeh E, Semple J, Lazarus A, et al. A novel murine model of fetal and neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia: response to intravenous IgG therapy. Blood. 2006;107:2976-83 pubmed..Furthermore, maternal administration of intravenous immunoglobulin G (IgG) ameliorated FNAITP and down-regulated pathogenic antibodies in both the maternal and fetal circulations. ..
- Li L, MacDonald P, Ahn D, Oudit G, Backx P, Brubaker P. Role of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinasegamma in the beta-cell: interactions with glucagon-like peptide-1. Endocrinology. 2006;147:3318-25 pubmed..These studies reveal a new role for PI3-Kgamma as a positive regulator of insulin secretion, and reinforce the importance of GLP-1 for the maintenance of normal beta-cell function. ..
- Degousee N, Angoulvant D, Fazel S, Stefanski E, Saha S, Iliescu K, et al. c-Jun N-terminal kinase-mediated stabilization of microsomal prostaglandin E2 synthase-1 mRNA regulates delayed microsomal prostaglandin E2 synthase-1 expression and prostaglandin E2 biosynthesis by cardiomyocytes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:16443-52 pubmed
- Nakhamchik A, Wilde C, Rowe Magnus D. Identification of a Wzy polymerase required for group IV capsular polysaccharide and lipopolysaccharide biosynthesis in Vibrio vulnificus. Infect Immun. 2007;75:5550-8 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first functional demonstration of a Wzy polysaccharide polymerase in V. vulnificus and is the first to show a link between LPS and CPS biosynthesis. ..
- Cheung M, Revers L, Perampalam S, Wei X, Kiarash R, Green D, et al. An evolved ribosome-inactivating protein targets and kills human melanoma cells in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:28 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the evolution of a scRIP template can lead to the discovery of novel cancer cell-targeted compounds and in the case of SLT-1A IYSNKLM can specifically kill human melanoma cells in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Costantini D, McLarty K, Lee H, Done S, Vallis K, Reilly R. Antitumor effects and normal-tissue toxicity of 111In-nuclear localization sequence-trastuzumab in athymic mice bearing HER-positive human breast cancer xenografts. J Nucl Med. 2010;51:1084-91 pubmed publisher..96 and 84 d, respectively; P < 0.001 or 0.027, respectively). (111)In-NLS-trastuzumab is a promising radioimmunotherapeutic agent that could be effective for treatment of HER2-overexpressing breast cancer in humans. ..
- Jerkic M, Peter M, Ardelean D, Fine M, Konerding M, Letarte M. Dextran sulfate sodium leads to chronic colitis and pathological angiogenesis in Endoglin heterozygous mice. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2010;16:1859-70 pubmed publisher..Higher VEGF levels and increased vascular permeability in the distal colon may predispose Eng(+/-) mice to progress to chronic and persistent bowel inflammation, associated with pathological angiogenesis. ..
- Rossant J. The impact of developmental biology on pluripotent stem cell research: successes and challenges. Dev Cell. 2011;21:20-3 pubmed publisher..However, details of developmental pathways differ even across mammalian species. Full realization of the potential of stem cells will require more direct studies of human or primate developmental biology. ..
- Truan J, Chen J, Thompson L. Comparative effects of sesame seed lignan and flaxseed lignan in reducing the growth of human breast tumors (MCF-7) at high levels of circulating estrogen in athymic mice. Nutr Cancer. 2012;64:65-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, at high serum estrogen levels, SDG may not account for the tumor reducing effect of FS. SES was more effective than SDG in reducing breast tumor growth, but its effect may have been lost when consumed as a component of SS. ..