Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Publications455 found, 100 shown here
- Liu Y, Wang J, Avanzato V, Bakkum Gamez J, Russell S, Bell J, et al. Oncolytic vaccinia virotherapy for endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;132:722-9 pubmed publisher..VV appears to be most active in type II EC. Novel therapies are needed for the highly lethal type II EC histologies and further development of a VV clinical trial in type II EC is warranted. ..
- DiDonato C, Parks R, Kothary R. Development of a gene therapy strategy for the restoration of survival motor neuron protein expression: implications for spinal muscular atrophy therapy. Hum Gene Ther. 2003;14:179-88 pubmed
- Kuang S, Kuroda K, Le Grand F, Rudnicki M. Asymmetric self-renewal and commitment of satellite stem cells in muscle. Cell. 2007;129:999-1010 pubmed..These results provide critical insights into satellite cell biology and open new avenues for therapeutic treatment of neuromuscular diseases...
- Pejcic Karapetrovic B, Gurnani K, Russell M, Finlay B, Sad S, Krishnan L. Pregnancy impairs the innate immune resistance to Salmonella typhimurium leading to rapid fatal infection. J Immunol. 2007;179:6088-96 pubmed..Thus, highly virulent pathogens may use placental invasion to alter systemic host resistance to infection. ..
- Ryan S, Whitehead S, Swayne L, Moffat T, Hou W, Ethier M, et al. Amyloid-beta42 signals tau hyperphosphorylation and compromises neuronal viability by disrupting alkylacylglycerophosphocholine metabolism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:20936-41 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide mechanistic insight into how disruptions in lipid metabolism can determine neuronal response to accumulating oligomeric amyloid-beta(42). ..
- Miura P, Coriati A, Belanger G, De Repentigny Y, Lee J, Kothary R, et al. The utrophin A 5'-UTR drives cap-independent translation exclusively in skeletal muscles of transgenic mice and interacts with eEF1A2. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:1211-20 pubmed publisher..The trans-factors and signaling pathways driving skeletal-muscle specific IRES-mediated translation of utrophin A could provide unique targets for developing pharmacological-based DMD therapies. ..
- Evgin L, Vaha Koskela M, Rintoul J, Falls T, Le Boeuf F, Barrett J, et al. Potent oncolytic activity of raccoonpox virus in the absence of natural pathogenicity. Mol Ther. 2010;18:896-902 pubmed publisher..RCNV treatment also prolonged survival in treatment-resistant models of brain tumors and decreased tumor burden by systemic administration in models of lung metastasis...
- Ryan S, Bhanot K, Ferrier A, De Repentigny Y, Chu A, Blais A, et al. Microtubule stability, Golgi organization, and transport flux require dystonin-a2-MAP1B interaction. J Cell Biol. 2012;196:727-42 pubmed publisher..These cellular aberrations are apparent in prephenotype dorsal root ganglia and primary sensory neurons from dt mice, suggesting they are causal in the disorder. ..
- Krishnan L, Nguyen T, McComb S. From mice to women: the conundrum of immunity to infection during pregnancy. J Reprod Immunol. 2013;97:62-73 pubmed publisher..Murine feto-placental infection provides an effective way to evaluate new intervention strategies for managing infections during pregnancy, adverse fetal outcome and long-term effects on the offspring and mother. ..
- Ghahremani M, Keramaris E, Shree T, Xia Z, Davis R, Flavell R, et al. Interaction of the c-Jun/JNK pathway and cyclin-dependent kinases in death of embryonic cortical neurons evoked by DNA damage. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35586-96 pubmed..Finally, c-Jun activation is independent of p53 and Bax. Accordingly, we propose that c-Jun is regulated by the JNK and CDK pathways and that both must be activated for efficient c-Jun activation to occur. ..
- Gill U, Chu I, Ryan J, Feeley M. Polybrominated diphenyl ethers: human tissue levels and toxicology. Rev Environ Contam Toxicol. 2004;183:55-97 pubmed..However, no toxicokinetics data are available for humans, and the actual margin of safety may be much smaller if based on levels in critical target organs or tissues. ..
- Krishnan L, Gurnani K, Dicaire C, van Faassen H, Zafer A, Kirschning C, et al. Rapid clonal expansion and prolonged maintenance of memory CD8+ T cells of the effector (CD44highCD62Llow) and central (CD44highCD62Lhigh) phenotype by an archaeosome adjuvant independent of TLR2. J Immunol. 2007;178:2396-406 pubmed..Thus, an archaeosome adjuvant vaccine represents an alternative to live vectors for inducing CD8(+) T cell memory...
- Amirouche A, Tadesse H, Miura P, Belanger G, Lunde J, Cote J, et al. Converging pathways involving microRNA-206 and the RNA-binding protein KSRP control post-transcriptionally utrophin A expression in skeletal muscle. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:3982-97 pubmed publisher..Our study thus reveals that two apparent negative post-transcriptional pathways can act distinctively as molecular switches causing repression or activation of utrophin A expression. ..
- Monemdjou S, Hofmann W, Kozak L, Harper M. Increased mitochondrial proton leak in skeletal muscle mitochondria of UCP1-deficient mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2000;279:E941-6 pubmed..Thus the altered kinetics of the mitochondrial proton leak in skeletal muscle of UCP1-deficient mice indicate a thermogenic mechanism favoring the lean phenotype of the UCP1-deficient mouse...
- Hebb A, Zacharko R, Gauthier M, Trudel F, Laforest S, Drolet G. Brief exposure to predator odor and resultant anxiety enhances mesocorticolimbic activity and enkephalin expression in CD-1 mice. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;20:2415-29 pubmed..Indeed, increased ENK availability in mesolimbic sites may promote behavioral responses that detract from the aversiveness of the stressor experience. ..
- Tanphaichitr N, Carmona E, Bou Khalil M, Xu H, Berger T, Gerton G. New insights into sperm-zona pellucida interaction: involvement of sperm lipid rafts. Front Biosci. 2007;12:1748-66 pubmed..A number of ZP binding molecules are also present in sperm lipid rafts. In this review, we have provided an argument that sperm lipid rafts may be the platforms on the sperm surface for ZP interaction. ..
- Wang M, Kiss R, Franklin V, McBride H, Whitman S, Marcel Y. Different cellular traffic of LDL-cholesterol and acetylated LDL-cholesterol leads to distinct reverse cholesterol transport pathways. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:633-45 pubmed..This indicates a greater efficiency of HDL than lipid-poor apoA-I in interstitial fluid in controlling in vivo RCT. These assays, taken together, emphasize the importance of mediators of diffusional cholesterol efflux in RCT...
- Tadesse H, Deschenes Furry J, Boisvenue S, Cote J. KH-type splicing regulatory protein interacts with survival motor neuron protein and is misregulated in spinal muscular atrophy. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:506-24 pubmed..Our results suggest SMN can act as a molecular chaperone for methylated proteins involved in RNA metabolism and provide new insights into the pathophysiology of SMA. ..
- Haque M, Thomas K, D Souza C, Callaghan S, Kitada T, Slack R, et al. Cytoplasmic Pink1 activity protects neurons from dopaminergic neurotoxin MPTP. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:1716-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings indicate that Pink1 plays a functional role in the survival of neurons and that cytoplasmic targets, in addition to its other actions in the mitochondria, may be important for this protective effect. ..
- Altman E, Chandan V, Larocque S, Aubry A, Logan S, Vinogradov E, et al. Effect of the HP0159 ORF mutation on the lipopolysaccharide structure and colonizing ability of Helicobacter pylori. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2008;53:204-13 pubmed publisher..Colonization studies with HP0159 mutants of two mouse-colonizing strains, SS1 and M6, confirmed their inability to successfully colonize the murine stomach...
- Shen H, Harris G, Chen W, Sjostedt A, Ryden P, Conlan W. Molecular immune responses to aerosol challenge with Francisella tularensis in mice inoculated with live vaccine candidates of varying efficacy. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13349 pubmed publisher..A live vaccine strain (LVS) derived from the less virulent holarctica subspecies confers incomplete protection against aerosol challenge with subsp. tularensis. Moreover, correlates of protection have not been established for LVS...
- Troy T, Arabzadeh A, Turksen K. Re-assessing K15 as an epidermal stem cell marker. Stem Cell Rev. 2011;7:927-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, the data suggest caution in using K15 alone to delineate epidermal stem cells, and underscore the need for further investigation of K15 and other markers in epidermal cell subpopulations. ..
- Whitehead S, Chan K, Gangaraju S, Slinn J, Li J, Hou S. Imaging mass spectrometry detection of gangliosides species in the mouse brain following transient focal cerebral ischemia and long-term recovery. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20808 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data suggest that brain region specific expression of gangliosides, particularly with respect to hydrocarbon length, may play a role in neuronal responses to injury. ..
- Ha A, Perez Iratxeta C, Liu H, Mears A, Wallace V. Identification of Wnt/?-catenin modulated genes in the developing retina. Mol Vis. 2012;18:645-56 pubmed..This data set of Li(+)-modulated genes provides a valuable resource for characterizing the Wnt/ ?-catenin regulated gene network in eyecup patterning. ..
- Julian L, Vandenbosch R, Pakenham C, Andrusiak M, Nguyen A, McClellan K, et al. Opposing regulation of Sox2 by cell-cycle effectors E2f3a and E2f3b in neural stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;12:440-52 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a mechanism by which E2f3a and E2f3b differentially regulate Sox2 dosage in neural precursors, a finding that may have broad implications for the regulation of diverse stem cell populations. ..
- Julian L, Delaney S, Wang Y, Goldberg A, Dore C, Yockell Lelièvre J, et al. Human Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived TSC2-Haploinsufficient Smooth Muscle Cells Recapitulate Features of Lymphangioleiomyomatosis. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5491-5502 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(20); 5491-502. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Weeratna R, Brazolot Millan C, McCluskie M, Davis H. CpG ODN can re-direct the Th bias of established Th2 immune responses in adult and young mice. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2001;32:65-71 pubmed..These data suggest that CpG ODN have the ability to augment both humoral and cell mediated immune responses and override the Th2 bias created by alum, even in very young animals, which are known to have a Th2 biased immune system. ..
- Wang Y, Dakubo G, Howley P, Campsall K, Mazarolle C, Shiga S, et al. Development of normal retinal organization depends on Sonic hedgehog signaling from ganglion cells. Nat Neurosci. 2002;5:831-2 pubmed..Here we show that Sonic hedgehog signaling from RGCs is required for the normal laminar organization in the vertebrate retina. ..
- Huh M, Parker M, Scime A, Parks R, Rudnicki M. Rb is required for progression through myogenic differentiation but not maintenance of terminal differentiation. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:865-76 pubmed..Therefore, Rb plays a crucial role in the switch from proliferation to differentiation rather than maintenance of the terminally differentiated state. ..
- Ghorbani M, Nass T, Azizi A, Soare C, Aucoin S, Giulivi A, et al. Comparison of antibody- and cell-mediated immune responses after intramuscular hepatitis C immunizations of BALB/c mice. Viral Immunol. 2005;18:637-48 pubmed..In contrast, group C did not show an increase in anti-HCV antibodies, but did show a proliferative response. ..
- Hailesellasse Sene K, Porter C, Palidwor G, Perez Iratxeta C, Muro E, Campbell P, et al. Gene function in early mouse embryonic stem cell differentiation. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:85 pubmed..The data generated constitute a valuable resource for further studies. All DNA microarray data used in this study are available in the StemBase database of stem cell gene expression data 1 and in the NCBI's GEO database. ..
- Boily G, Seifert E, Bevilacqua L, He X, Sabourin G, Estey C, et al. SirT1 regulates energy metabolism and response to caloric restriction in mice. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1759 pubmed publisher..Thus, SirT1 is an important regulator of energy metabolism and, like its orthologues from simpler eukaryotes, the SirT1 protein appears to be required for a normal response to caloric restriction. ..
- Zhang Y, Parsanejad M, Huang E, Qu D, Aleyasin H, Rousseaux M, et al. Pim-1 kinase as activator of the cell cycle pathway in neuronal death induced by DNA damage. J Neurochem. 2010;112:497-510 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Pim-1 kinase plays a central role in DNA damage-evoked neuronal death by regulating aberrant neuronal cell cycle activation. ..
- Poitras L, Yu M, Lesage Pelletier C, MacDonald R, Gagné J, Hatch G, et al. An SNP in an ultraconserved regulatory element affects Dlx5/Dlx6 regulation in the forebrain. Development. 2010;137:3089-97 pubmed publisher..This study illustrates the clear functional consequences of a single nucleotide variation in an ultraconserved non-coding sequence in the context of developmental abnormalities associated with disease. ..
- Haque M, Mount M, Safarpour F, Abdel Messih E, Callaghan S, Mazerolle C, et al. Inactivation of Pink1 gene in vivo sensitizes dopamine-producing neurons to 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP) and can be rescued by autosomal recessive Parkinson disease genes, Parkin or DJ-1. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:23162-70 pubmed publisher
- Tao Y, Liu X. Deficiency of ovarian ornithine decarboxylase contributes to aging-related egg aneuploidy in mice. Aging Cell. 2013;12:42-9 pubmed publisher..7% to 5.3%. Therefore, ovarian ODC deficiency might be an important etiology of maternal aging-related aneuploidies, and peri-ovulatory putrescine supplementation might reduce the risk of aneuploid conceptions in older women. ..
- Allen A, Messier C. Plastic changes in the astrocyte GLUT1 glucose transporter and beta-tubulin microtubule protein following voluntary exercise in mice. Behav Brain Res. 2013;240:95-102 pubmed publisher..The results tend to support the plastic association between mechanisms of energy supply and plastic reorganization of neurons following a new training experience. ..
- Giamberardino A, Labib M, Hassan E, Tetro J, Springthorpe S, Sattar S, et al. Ultrasensitive norovirus detection using DNA aptasensor technology. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79087 pubmed publisher..The lead aptamer candidate and the aptasensor platform show promise for the rapid detection and identification of noroviruses in environmental and clinical samples. ..
- Lagacé M, Xuan J, Young S, McRoberts C, Maier J, Rajcan Separovic E, et al. Genomic organization of the X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis and identification of a novel testis-specific transcript. Genomics. 2001;77:181-8 pubmed..This testis-specific transcript contains a putative open reading frame (ORF) that is homologous to the carboxy-terminal end of BIRC4; overexpression of this ORF shows protective effects against BAX-induced apoptosis. ..
- Levine D, Iacovitti M, Robertson S, Mokhtar G. Modulation of single-nephron GFR in the db/db mouse model of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;290:R975-81 pubmed..These studies show that SNGFR is elevated in this mouse model of DM2, is suppressed by nNOS inhibition, and is modulated by TGF influences that are altered by the diabetic state and responsive to changes in extracellular fluid volume. ..
- Rogaeva A, Ou X, Jafar Nejad H, Lemonde S, Albert P. Differential repression by freud-1/CC2D1A at a polymorphic site in the dopamine-D2 receptor gene. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:20897-905 pubmed..Allele-specific regulation of DRD2 expression by Freud-1 may possibly associate with psychiatric disorders or mental retardation. ..
- Jarinova O, Hatch G, Poitras L, Prudhomme C, Grzyb M, Aubin J, et al. Functional resolution of duplicated hoxb5 genes in teleosts. Development. 2008;135:3543-53 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the importance of interactions between CNEs in the execution of complementary subfunctions of duplicated genes. ..
- Gyamera Acheampong C, Vasilescu J, Figeys D, Mbikay M. PCSK4-null sperm display enhanced protein tyrosine phosphorylation and ADAM2 proteolytic processing during in vitro capacitation. Fertil Steril. 2010;93:1112-23 pubmed publisher..More investigation is needed to determine how and to what extent these changes might contribute to the loss of fertilizing ability of PCSK4-null sperm. ..
- Le Grand F, Jones A, Seale V, Scime A, Rudnicki M. Wnt7a activates the planar cell polarity pathway to drive the symmetric expansion of satellite stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2009;4:535-47 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Wnt7a signaling through the planar cell polarity pathway controls the homeostatic level of satellite stem cells and hence regulates the regenerative potential of muscle...
- Troy T, Arabzadeh A, Larivière N, Enikanolaiye A, Turksen K. Dermatitis and aging-related barrier dysfunction in transgenic mice overexpressing an epidermal-targeted claudin 6 tail deletion mutant. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7814 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the normally robust injury response mechanism of the epidermis is lost in the aging Involucrin-Cldn6-CDelta196 transgenic epidermis, and provide a model for evaluation of aging-related skin changes. ..
- Boudreau E, Labib S, Bertrand A, Decostre V, Bolongo P, Sylvius N, et al. Lamin A/C mutants disturb sumo1 localization and sumoylation in vitro and in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45918 pubmed publisher..However, lamin A and C did not appear to be modified by sumo1. Our results suggest that mutant lamin A/C alters the dynamics of sumo1 and thus misregulation of sumoylation may be contributing to disease progression in laminopathies. ..
- Jha J, Banal C, Okabe J, Gray S, Hettige T, Chow B, et al. NADPH Oxidase Nox5 Accelerates Renal Injury in Diabetic Nephropathy. Diabetes. 2017;66:2691-2703 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study provides evidence of a role for Nox5 and its derived ROS in promoting progression of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Rayner K, Chen Y, McNulty M, Simard T, Zhao X, Wells D, et al. Extracellular release of the atheroprotective heat shock protein 27 is mediated by estrogen and competitively inhibits acLDL binding to scavenger receptor-A. Circ Res. 2008;103:133-41 pubmed publisher..HSP27 is atheroprotective, perhaps because of its ability to compete for the uptake of atherogenic lipids or attenuate inflammation. ..
- Luo W, Wilson A, Miller J. Characterization of a 52 kDa exoantigen of Penicillium chrysogenum and monoclonal antibodies suitable for its detection. Mycopathologia. 2010;169:15-26 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, it had not been reported as an allergen. The monoclonal antibodies developed have the potential for use in assays of P. chrysogenum antigens in spores and spore/mycelial fragments in dust. ..
- Gyamera Acheampong C, Sirois F, Denis N, Mishra P, Figeys D, Basak A, et al. The precursor to the germ cell-specific PCSK4 proteinase is inefficiently activated in transfected somatic cells: evidence of interaction with the BiP chaperone. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;348:43-52 pubmed publisher..These cells may lack the intracellular environment and the interacting molecules specific to testicular germ cells where this enzyme is normally expressed. ..
- Mailloux R, Dumouchel T, Aguer C, Dekemp R, Beanlands R, Harper M. Hexokinase II acts through UCP3 to suppress mitochondrial reactive oxygen species production and maintain aerobic respiration. Biochem J. 2011;437:301-11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings link the anti-oxidative and metabolic functions of UCP3 through a surprising molecular connection with mitochondrial-bound HKII. ..
- Lafontaine C, Grainger S, Hess B, Béland M, Lohnes D. Cdx1 interacts physically with a subset of Hox proteins. Biochemistry. 2012;51:9698-705 pubmed publisher..This study is the first example of Cdx-Hox protein interactions and suggests that such complexes may modulate Hox and/or Cdx function. ..
- Gangaraju S, Sultan K, Whitehead S, Nilchi L, Slinn J, Li X, et al. Cerebral endothelial expression of Robo1 affects brain infiltration of polymorphonuclear neutrophils during mouse stroke recovery. Neurobiol Dis. 2013;54:24-31 pubmed publisher..During stroke recovery, a transient reduction in Robo1 expression on the cerebral endothelial cells allowed the uncontrolled infiltration of Slit1-expressing PMNs into the brain causing inflammatory reactions. ..
- Caravaggio J, Hasu M, MacLaren R, Thabet M, Raizman J, Veinot J, et al. Insulin-degrading enzyme deficiency in bone marrow cells increases atherosclerosis in LDL receptor-deficient mice. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2013;22:458-64 pubmed publisher..IDE deficiency in bone marrow-derived cells results in larger atherosclerotic lesions, increased lesion-associated A? and RAGE, and higher serum cholesterol in male, Ldlr(-/-) mice. ..
- Schild Poulter C, Pope L, Giffin W, Kochan J, Ngsee J, Traykova Andonova M, et al. The binding of Ku antigen to homeodomain proteins promotes their phosphorylation by DNA-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:16848-56 pubmed..These results suggest that Ku functions as a substrate docking protein for signaling by DNA-PK to homeodomain proteins from DNA ends. ..
- Fortin A, Cregan S, MacLaurin J, Kushwaha N, Hickman E, Thompson C, et al. APAF1 is a key transcriptional target for p53 in the regulation of neuronal cell death. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:207-16 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that Apaf1 is a key transcriptional target for p53 that plays a pivotal role in the regulation of apoptosis after neuronal injury. ..
- Bergeron F, Sirois F, Mbikay M. ACTH secretion by mouse corticotroph AtT20 cells is negatively modulated by the intracellular level of 7B2. FEBS Lett. 2002;512:259-62 pubmed
- Scime A, Grenier G, Huh M, Gillespie M, Bevilacqua L, Harper M, et al. Rb and p107 regulate preadipocyte differentiation into white versus brown fat through repression of PGC-1alpha. Cell Metab. 2005;2:283-95 pubmed..Therefore, p107 and pRb regulate PGC-1alpha expression to control the switch between white and brown adipocyte differentiation from a common pool of presumptive adult progenitors in fat tissue. ..
- Conte D, Holcik M, Lefebvre C, LaCasse E, Picketts D, Wright K, et al. Inhibitor of apoptosis protein cIAP2 is essential for lipopolysaccharide-induced macrophage survival. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:699-708 pubmed..Hence, cIAP2 is critical in the maintenance of a normal innate immune inflammatory response. ..
- Chen H, Schock S, Xu J, Safarpour F, Thompson C, Stewart A. Extracellular ATP-dependent upregulation of the transcription cofactor LMO4 promotes neuron survival from hypoxia. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:3106-16 pubmed..Taken together, our studies reveal that LMO4 is a rapidly induced downstream effector of ATP signaling that promotes neuron survival from hypoxia. ..
- Halappanavar S, Stampfli M, Berndt Weis L, Williams A, Douglas G, Yauk C. Toxicogenomic analysis of mainstream tobacco smoke-exposed mice reveals repression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene in heart. Inhal Toxicol. 2009;21:78-85 pubmed..Thus, gene expression profiling of heart tissue revealed a novel cardiovascular mechanism operating in response to MTS. Our results suggest a potential role for PAI-1 in MTS-induced cardiovascular pathology. ..
- Andrusiak M, McClellan K, Dugal Tessier D, Julian L, Rodrigues S, Park D, et al. Rb/E2F regulates expression of neogenin during neuronal migration. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:238-47 pubmed publisher..These studies identify a novel mechanism through which Rb regulates transcription of a gene beyond the classical E2F targets to regulate events distinct from cell cycle progression. ..
- Savory J, Mansfield M, Rijli F, Lohnes D. Cdx mediates neural tube closure through transcriptional regulation of the planar cell polarity gene Ptk7. Development. 2011;138:1361-70 pubmed publisher..These findings illustrate a novel and pivotal role for Cdx function upstream of Ptk7 and neural tube closure in vertebrates. ..
- Cwinn M, Mazerolle C, McNeill B, Ringuette R, Thurig S, Hui C, et al. Suppressor of fused is required to maintain the multipotency of neural progenitor cells in the retina. J Neurosci. 2011;31:5169-80 pubmed publisher..These data provide novel evidence that Sufu-mediated antagonism of Hh/Gli2 signaling is required to maintain RPC multipotency and identity. ..
- Liu Y, Chakroun I, Yang D, Horner E, Liang J, Aziz A, et al. Six1 regulates MyoD expression in adult muscle progenitor cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67762 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal that MyoD expression in satellite cells depends on Six1, supporting the idea that Six1 plays an important role in adult myogenesis, in addition to its role in embryonic muscle formation. ..
- Chan R, Boudreau Larivière C, Angus L, Mankal F, Jasmin B. An intronic enhancer containing an N-box motif is required for synapse- and tissue-specific expression of the acetylcholinesterase gene in skeletal muscle fibers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:4627-32 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that a muscle-specific enhancer is present within the first intron of the AChE gene and that an intronic N-box is essential for the regulation of AChE along skeletal muscle fibers. ..
- Maric J, Kiss R, Franklin V, Marcel Y. Intracellular lipidation of newly synthesized apolipoprotein A-I in primary murine hepatocytes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39942-9 pubmed..Kiss, R. S., Franklin, V., Wang, M. D., Haidar, B., and Marcel, Y. L. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 21612-21621) occurs after secretion at the cell surface...
- Breitbach C, Paterson J, Lemay C, Falls T, McGuire A, Parato K, et al. Targeted inflammation during oncolytic virus therapy severely compromises tumor blood flow. Mol Ther. 2007;15:1686-93 pubmed..We propose that activation of inflammatory cells can be used for enhancing the effectiveness of oncolytic virus therapeutics, and that this approach should influence the planning of therapeutic doses. ..
- Troy T, Arabzadeh A, Yerlikaya S, Turksen K. Claudin immunolocalization in neonatal mouse epithelial tissues. Cell Tissue Res. 2007;330:381-8 pubmed
- Bowerman M, Anderson C, Beauvais A, Boyl P, Witke W, Kothary R. SMN, profilin IIa and plastin 3: a link between the deregulation of actin dynamics and SMA pathogenesis. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;42:66-74 pubmed publisher..However, the depletion of profilin II and the restoration of plastin 3 are not sufficient to rescue the SMA phenotype. Our study suggests that additional regulators of actin dynamics must also contribute to SMA pathogenesis. ..
- Liu H, Shafey D, Moores J, Kothary R. Neurodevelopmental consequences of Smn depletion in a mouse model of spinal muscular atrophy. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:111-22 pubmed publisher..Overall, we conclude that Smn depletion affects developmental processes, which ultimately may also contribute to SMA pathogenesis. ..
- Dong H, Paquette M, Williams A, Zoeller R, Wade M, Yauk C. Thyroid hormone may regulate mRNA abundance in liver by acting on microRNAs. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12136 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that TH regulation of these genes may occur secondarily via miR-206. These studies provide new insight into the role of miRNAs in mediating TH regulation of gene expression. ..
- Christou C, Parks R. Rational design of murine secreted alkaline phosphatase for enhanced performance as a reporter gene in mouse gene therapy preclinical studies. Hum Gene Ther. 2011;22:499-506 pubmed publisher..We show that these alterations in mSEAP result in enhanced performance in tissue culture and mouse studies. Taken together, these data illustrate that mSEAP is a sensitive, nonimmunogenic reporter for preclinical mouse studies. ..
- Litteljohn D, Nelson E, Bethune C, Hayley S. The effects of paraquat on regional brain neurotransmitter activity, hippocampal BDNF and behavioural function in female mice. Neurosci Lett. 2011;502:186-91 pubmed publisher..The augmented hippocampal BDNF and noradrenergic changes observed could conceivably act to buffer female mice against some of the deleterious behavioural effects of parquat. ..
- Beaule C, Cheng H. The acetyltransferase Clock is dispensable for circadian aftereffects in mice. J Biol Rhythms. 2011;26:561-4 pubmed publisher..The authors exposed Clock knockout mice to 25-hour light cycles and report that these mice retain the ability to display circadian aftereffects, indicating that Clock is dispensable for this form of circadian plasticity. ..
- Briones A, Nguyen Dinh Cat A, Callera G, Yogi A, Burger D, He Y, et al. Adipocytes produce aldosterone through calcineurin-dependent signaling pathways: implications in diabetes mellitus-associated obesity and vascular dysfunction. Hypertension. 2012;59:1069-78 pubmed publisher..These novel findings identify adipocytes as a putative link between aldosterone and vascular dysfunction in diabetes mellitus-associated obesity. ..
- Mayfield A, Fitzpatrick M, Latham N, Tilokee E, Villanueva M, Mount S, et al. The impact of patient co-morbidities on the regenerative capacity of cardiac explant-derived stem cells. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:60 pubmed publisher..Predictors of cardiac events demonstrated a lower capacity to support angiogenesis and repair injured myocardium in a mouse model of myocardial infarction. ..
- Smith P, Mount M, Shree R, Callaghan S, Slack R, Anisman H, et al. Calpain-regulated p35/cdk5 plays a central role in dopaminergic neuron death through modulation of the transcription factor myocyte enhancer factor 2. J Neurosci. 2006;26:440-7 pubmed..Together, these data indicate that calpain-p35-p25/cdk5-mediated inactivation of MEF2 plays a critical role in dopaminergic loss in vivo. ..