Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Publications152 found, 100 shown here
- Pyle W, La Rotta G, de Tombe P, Sumandea M, Solaro R. Control of cardiac myofilament activation and PKC-betaII signaling through the actin capping protein, CapZ. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2006;41:537-43 pubmed
- Westman E, McNally D, Rejzek M, Miller W, Kannathasan V, Preston A, et al. Identification and biochemical characterization of two novel UDP-2,3-diacetamido-2,3-dideoxy-alpha-D-glucuronic acid 2-epimerases from respiratory pathogens. Biochem J. 2007;405:123-30 pubmed..Collectively, these results provide evidence that WbpI and WlbD are UDP-2,3-diacetamido-2,3-dideoxy-alpha-D-glucuronic acid 2-epimerases. ..
- Nichols K, Kirby G. Expression of cytochrome P450 2A5 in a glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase-deficient mouse model of oxidative stress. Biochem Pharmacol. 2008;75:1230-9 pubmed..These findings do not support a central role for generalized cellular oxidative stress in the regulation of CYP2A5 and suggest that additional factors related to G6PD-deficiency, such as ER stress, may be involved. ..
- Cheung Q, Yuan Z, Dyce P, Wu D, DeLange K, Li J. Generation of epidermal growth factor-expressing Lactococcus lactis and its enhancement on intestinal development and growth of early-weaned mice. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;89:871-9 pubmed publisher..The combination of growth factor delivery and a probiotic approach may offer possibilities for formulating dietary supplements for children during their weaning transition stage. ..
- Ren J, Prescott J. The effect of mutation on Rhodococcus equi virulence plasmid gene expression and mouse virulence. Vet Microbiol. 2004;103:219-30 pubmed..The gene induction pattern distinguishing these two groups paralleled their virulence in mice...
- Cassady Cain R, Kaushik A. Increased negative selection impairs neonatal B cell repertoire but does not directly lead to generation of disease-associated IgM auto-antibodies. Int Immunol. 2006;18:661-9 pubmed..These observations suggest that increased negative B cell selection during ontogeny impairs the developing IgM antibody repertoire but does not directly lead to generation of disease-associated IgM AAbs. ..
- Clipperton Allen A, Lee A, Reyes A, Devidze N, Phan A, Pfaff D, et al. Oxytocin, vasopressin and estrogen receptor gene expression in relation to social recognition in female mice. Physiol Behav. 2012;105:915-24 pubmed publisher..Finally, increased lateral amygdala gene activation in the LR mice may be associated with general learning impairments, while decreased lateral amygdala activity may indicate more efficient cognitive mechanisms in the HR mice. ..
- Ahmed M, De Avila M, Polverini E, Bessonov K, Bamm V, Harauz G. Solution nuclear magnetic resonance structure and molecular dynamics simulations of a murine 18.5 kDa myelin basic protein segment (S72-S107) in association with dodecylphosphocholine micelles. Biochemistry. 2012;51:7475-87 pubmed publisher
- Martyn A, Choleris E, Gillis D, Armstrong J, Amor T, McCluggage A, et al. Luman/CREB3 recruitment factor regulates glucocorticoid receptor activity and is essential for prolactin-mediated maternal instinct. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:5140-50 pubmed publisher..We thus postulate that LRF plays a critical role in the attenuation of the HPA axis through repression of glucocorticoid stress signaling during parturition and the postpartum period. ..
- Zhu H, Bendall A. Dlx5 Is a cell autonomous regulator of chondrocyte hypertrophy in mice and functionally substitutes for Dlx6 during endochondral ossification. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8097 pubmed publisher..We further conclude that Dlx5 and Dlx6 are functionally equivalent in the endochondral skeleton, in that the requirement for Dlx5 and Dlx6 function during chondrocyte hypertrophy can be satisfied with Dlx5 alone. ..
- Bechard A, Meagher R, Mason G. Environmental enrichment reduces the likelihood of alopecia in adult C57BL/6J mice. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 2011;50:171-4 pubmed..Husbandry methods that reduce adult alopecia are likely to promote the wellbeing of the animals. We suggest that environmental enrichment is a simple and economic way to reduce alopecia in mouse colonies. ..
- Yu D, Linnerth Petrik N, Halbert C, Walsh S, Miller A, Wootton S. Jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus and enzootic nasal tumor virus promoters drive gene expression in all airway epithelial cells of mice but only induce tumors in the alveolar region of the lungs. J Virol. 2011;85:7535-45 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that mice do not provide an adequate model for nasal tumor induction by ENTV despite our ability to express genes in the nasal epithelium. ..
- Croy B, He H, Esadeg S, Wei Q, McCartney D, Zhang J, et al. Uterine natural killer cells: insights into their cellular and molecular biology from mouse modelling. Reproduction. 2003;126:149-60 pubmed..Decidual maintenance and uNK cell death are additional effects of uNK cell-derived IFN-gamma. Thus, during the first half of gestation, uNK cells contribute to and sustain important changes in the maternal placental bed. ..
- Dehghani H, Reith C, Hahnel A. Subcellular localization of protein kinase C delta and epsilon affects transcriptional and post-transcriptional processes in four-cell mouse embryos. Reproduction. 2005;130:453-65 pubmed
- Coubrough M, Bendall A. Impaired nuclear import of mammalian Dlx4 proteins as a consequence of rapid sequence divergence. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:3880-91 pubmed..Since impaired nuclear localization is unlikely to enhance the function of a nuclear transcription factor, these data point to reduced selection pressure as the basis for the rapid divergence of the Dlx4 gene within the mammalian clade. ..
- Armstrong C, Chung S, Armstrong J, Hochgeschwender U, Jeong Y, Hawkes R. A novel somatostatin-immunoreactive mossy fiber pathway associated with HSP25-immunoreactive purkinje cell stripes in the mouse cerebellum. J Comp Neurol. 2009;517:524-38 pubmed publisher..Likewise, the Purkinje cell patterning antigens zebrin II and HSP25 are expressed normally in both Sst- and Sst-receptor knockout mice, suggesting that somatostatinergic transmission is not necessary for Purkinje cell stripe formation. ..
- Skalski M, Sharma N, Williams K, Kruspe A, Coppolino M. SNARE-mediated membrane traffic is required for focal adhesion kinase signaling and Src-regulated focal adhesion turnover. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1813:148-58 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that SNARE-dependent trafficking is required for integrin signaling through a FAK/Src/PI3K-dependent pathway. ..
- Patten S, Adamcic U, Lacombe K, Minhas K, Skowronski K, Coomber B. VEGFR2 heterogeneity and response to anti-angiogenic low dose metronomic cyclophosphamide treatment. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:683 pubmed publisher..It remains to be seen whether this heterogeneity is partly responsible for the variable clinical success seen to date with targeted anti-VEGFR2 therapy. ..
- Holloway G, Jain S, Bezaire V, Han X, Glatz J, Luiken J, et al. FAT/CD36-null mice reveal that mitochondrial FAT/CD36 is required to upregulate mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation in contracting muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;297:R960-7 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, the KO animals reveal that FAT/CD36 contributes to the regulation of mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation, which is especially important for meeting the increased metabolic demands during muscle contraction...
- Si W, Mundia M, Magwood A, Mark A, McCulloch R, Baker M. A strand invasion 3' polymerization intermediate of mammalian homologous recombination. Genetics. 2010;185:443-57 pubmed publisher..In unsynchronized cells, 3' extension is sensitive to aphidicolin supporting involvement of a replicative polymerase. Analysis suggests that the vast majority of 3' extensions reside on linear plasmid molecules. ..
- Bessonov K, Vassall K, Harauz G. Docking and molecular dynamics simulations of the Fyn-SH3 domain with free and phospholipid bilayer-associated 18.5-kDa myelin basic protein (MBP)-Insights into a noncanonical and fuzzy interaction. Proteins. 2017;85:1336-1350 pubmed publisher..This study thus provides a more-detailed glimpse into the context-dependent interaction dynamics and importance of the ?-sheets in Fyn-SH3 and proline-rich region of MBP. Proteins 2017; 85:1336-1350. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Bakovic M, Fullerton M, Michel V. Metabolic and molecular aspects of ethanolamine phospholipid biosynthesis: the role of CTP:phosphoethanolamine cytidylyltransferase (Pcyt2). Biochem Cell Biol. 2007;85:283-300 pubmed..The goal is to obtain more insight into Pcyt2 catalytic function and regulation to facilitate a better understanding of the production of ethanolamine phospholipids via the CDP-ethanolamine branch of the Kennedy pathway. ..
- Ahmed M, Bamm V, Harauz G, Ladizhansky V. Solid-state NMR spectroscopy of membrane-associated myelin basic protein--conformation and dynamics of an immunodominant epitope. Biophys J. 2010;99:1247-55 pubmed publisher..These results are the first, to our knowledge, to provide atomic-level detail of a membrane-anchoring segment of MBP, and direct evidence of decreased MBP-membrane interaction after posttranslational modification. ..
- Ralston J, Metherel A, Stark K, Mutch D. SCD1 mediates the influence of exogenous saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids in adipocytes: Effects on cellular stress, inflammatory markers and fatty acid elongation. J Nutr Biochem. 2016;27:241-8 pubmed publisher..None of the FAs altered markers of cellular stress. Collectively, these results emphasize the differential effects of individual FAs and highlight how SCD1 influences their regulation of adipocyte inflammation. ..
- Tout N, Yau K, Trevors J, Lee H, Hall J. Synthesis of ligand-specific phage-display ScFv against the herbicide picloram by direct cloning from hyperimmunized mouse. J Agric Food Chem. 2001;49:3628-37 pubmed..5 Da, predominantly requires somatic hypermutations. ..
- Lau B, Ward W, Kang J, Ma D. Vertebrae of developing fat-1 mice have greater strength and lower n-6/n-3 fatty acid ratio. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009;234:632-8 pubmed publisher..05) with BMD and peak load. Therefore, a lower vertebrae n-6/n-3 PUFA ratio is associated with stronger vertebrae and suggests a positive role for n-3 PUFA in bone development. ..
- Choleris E, Clipperton Allen A, Gray D, Diaz Gonzalez S, Welsman R. Differential effects of dopamine receptor D1-type and D2-type antagonists and phase of the estrous cycle on social learning of food preferences, feeding, and social interactions in mice. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011;36:1689-702 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest a differential involvement of the D1-type and D2-type receptors in the regulation of social learning, feeding, and agonistic behaviors that are likely mediated by different underlying states. ..
- Visschedyk D, Rochon A, Tempel W, Dimov S, Park H, Merrill A. Certhrax toxin, an anthrax-related ADP-ribosyltransferase from Bacillus cereus. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:41089-102 pubmed publisher..As with other toxins in this family, the phosphate-nicotinamide loop moves toward the NAD(+) binding site with bound inhibitor. These results indicate that Certhrax may be important in the pathogenesis of B. cereus. ..
- Ralston J, Matravadia S, Gaudio N, Holloway G, Mutch D. Polyunsaturated fatty acid regulation of adipocyte FADS1 and FADS2 expression and function. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2015;23:725-8 pubmed publisher..Differentiated 3T3-L1 adipocytes have a functional FADS pathway that can be regulated by PUFA. Therefore, this common adipocyte model is suitable to study dietary regulation of the FADS pathway. ..
- Franks S, Briah R, Jones R, Moorehead R. Unique roles of Akt1 and Akt2 in IGF-IR mediated lung tumorigenesis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:3297-316 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that compounds selectively targeting AKT1 may prove more effective than compounds that inhibit all three AKT isoforms at least in the treatment of lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Chantakru S, Kuziel W, Maeda N, Croy B. A study on the density and distribution of uterine Natural Killer cells at mid pregnancy in mice genetically-ablated for CCR2, CCR 5 and the CCR5 receptor ligand, MIP-1 alpha. J Reprod Immunol. 2001;49:33-47 pubmed..Thus, migration, distribution and activation of NK cells within the pregnant uterus are independent of CCR2, CCR5 and MIP-1 alpha. ..
- Ojha S, Hayes M, Turner P, MacInnes J. An experimental model of Actinobacillus suis infection in mice. Comp Med. 2007;57:340-8 pubmed..These experiments demonstrate that mice can be infected with A. suis and subsequently develop pneumonia and bacteremia comparable to that seen in pigs, suggesting that mice may be used as a model for studying infection in swine...
- Yule A, LePage V, Austin J, Barker I, Moccia R. Repeated low-level exposure of the round goby (Neogobius melanostomas) to Clostridium botulinum type E neurotoxin. J Wildl Dis. 2006;42:494-500 pubmed..The other 89% tested negative for BoNT/E, despite the fact that all fish died as a result of BoNT/E exposure. Therefore, botulism should not necessarily be ruled out as the cause of a fish kill, even if the fish test negative for BoNT/E...
- Linnerth Petrik N, Santry L, Yu D, Wootton S. Adeno-associated virus vector mediated expression of an oncogenic retroviral envelope protein induces lung adenocarcinomas in immunocompetent mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51400 pubmed publisher..Given the similarities between our model and pulmonary adenocarcinomas in humans, and the ease with which tumors can be induced in any transgenic mouse, this system can be used to uncover novel mechanisms involved lung tumorigenesis. ..
- Monteiro M. The Design of a Clostridium difficile Carbohydrate-Based Vaccine. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1403:397-408 pubmed publisher..difficile vegetative cell and sporulating preparations and confer protection against C. difficile infection in a mouse model. The design of such an efficacious C. difficile PS-II conjugate vaccine is described here. ..
- Saini S, Kaushik A, Basrur P, Yamashiro S. Ultrastructural and immunologic characteristics of mouse x cattle xenogeneic hybridomas originating from bovine leukemia virus-infected cattle. Vet Pathol. 2003;40:460-4 pubmed..Presence of c-type particles in hybridomas suggests that T cell-derived cytokines are not required for sustained BLV expression. ..
- Tayade C, Fang Y, Black G, V A P, Erlebacher A, Croy B. Differential transcription of Eomes and T-bet during maturation of mouse uterine natural killer cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;78:1347-55 pubmed..Thus, Eomes dominance to T-bet discriminates regulation of the uNK cell subset from that observed for peripheral NK cells. ..
- Wang Q, Bag J. Ectopic expression of a polyalanine expansion mutant of poly(A)-binding protein N1 in muscle cells in culture inhibits myogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;340:815-22 pubmed..Our results suggest that trapping of these two important myogenic determinants may interfere with an early step in myogenesis...
- Romero L, Ng L, Kirby G. Chemical inducers of rodent glutathione s-transferases down-regulate human GSTA1 transcription through a mechanism involving variant hepatic nuclear factor 1-C. Mol Pharmacol. 2006;70:277-86 pubmed..These data demonstrate that repression of human GSTA1 transcription by chemical inducers of rodent GSTs occurs, in part, through a mechanism involving the repressive action of vHNF1-C. ..
- Rupa P, Mine Y. Ablation of ovomucoid-induced allergic response by desensitization with recombinant ovomucoid third domain in a murine model. Clin Exp Immunol. 2006;145:493-501 pubmed..This occurs via a suppression of specific IgE accompanied by an increase in suppressor T cell activity. This approach offers some promise for the development of treatment against ovomucoid-induced allergic response. ..
- Greenaway J, Lawler J, Moorehead R, Bornstein P, LaMarre J, Petrik J. Thrombospondin-1 inhibits VEGF levels in the ovary directly by binding and internalization via the low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-1 (LRP-1). J Cell Physiol. 2007;210:807-18 pubmed..In conclusion, we demonstrate a direct inhibitory effect of TSP-1 on VEGF in the ovary. TSP-1's regulation of VEGF appears to be an important mediator of ovarian angiogenesis and follicle development. ..
- Plumb C, Adamcic U, Shahrzad S, Minhas K, Adham S, Coomber B. Modulation of the tumor suppressor protein alpha-catenin by ischemic microenvironment. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:1662-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings illustrate that the tumor microenvironment is a potent modulator of tumor suppressor expression, which has implications for localized nutrient deficiency and ischemia-induced cancer progression. ..
- Tellez A, Corredig M, Brovko L, Griffiths M. Characterization of immune-active peptides obtained from milk fermented by Lactobacillus helveticus. J Dairy Res. 2010;77:129-36 pubmed publisher..These results confirm that fermentation of milk by Lactobacillus helveticus (LH-2) results in the production of specific peptides capable of modulating macrophage activity. ..
- Smith B, Mukai K, Lally J, Maher A, Gurd B, Heigenhauser G, et al. AMP-activated protein kinase is required for exercise-induced peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor co-activator 1 translocation to subsarcolemmal mitochondria in skeletal muscle. J Physiol. 2013;591:1551-61 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that exercise causes translocation of PGC-1? preferentially to SS mitochondria in an AMPK-dependent manner. ..
- Macdonald T, Wan Z, Frendo Cumbo S, Dyck D, Wright D. IL-6 and epinephrine have divergent fiber type effects on intramuscular lipolysis. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2013;115:1457-63 pubmed publisher..The absence of IL-6 indirectly upregulates lipolysis, and this is associated with increases in ATGL and its coactivator CGI-58. ..
- Lepage S, Nagy K, Sung H, Kandel R, Nagy A, Koch T. Generation, Characterization, and Multilineage Potency of Mesenchymal-Like Progenitors Derived from Equine Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2016;25:80-9 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate a protocol for the derivation of MSC-like progenitor populations from equine iPS cells. ..
- He H, McCartney D, Wei Q, Esadeg S, Zhang J, Foster R, et al. Characterization of a murine alpha 2 macroglobulin gene expressed in reproductive and cardiovascular tissue. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:266-75 pubmed..Identification of cytokines, growth factors, or other molecules bound to A2MP should provide new insights into decidualization, spiral artery modification, and cardiovascular adaptation to pregnancy. ..
- Holloway G, Chou C, Lally J, Stellingwerff T, Maher A, Gavrilova O, et al. Increasing skeletal muscle fatty acid transport protein 1 (FATP1) targets fatty acids to oxidation and does not predispose mice to diet-induced insulin resistance. Diabetologia. 2011;54:1457-67 pubmed publisher..Therefore, skeletal muscle FATP1 overabundance does not predispose animals to diet-induced insulin resistance. ..
- Michel V, Singh R, Bakovic M. The impact of choline availability on muscle lipid metabolism. Food Funct. 2011;2:53-62 pubmed publisher..This study established for the first time that choline availability affects muscle membrane lipid composition and intracellular lipid metabolism, and underlines the significance of choline-rich foods for proper muscle function. ..
- Monk J, Lepp D, Zhang C, Wu W, Zarepoor L, Lu J, et al. Diets enriched with cranberry beans alter the microbiota and mitigate colitis severity and associated inflammation. J Nutr Biochem. 2016;28:129-39 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a proof-of-concept regarding the gut-priming potential of beans in colitis, which could be extended to mitigate the severity of other gut barrier-associated pathologies. ..
- Dragos S, Bergeron K, Desmarais F, Suitor K, Wright D, Mounier C, et al. Reduced SCD1 activity alters markers of fatty acid reesterification, glyceroneogenesis, and lipolysis in murine white adipose tissue and 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;313:C295-C304 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence that SCD1 has a broad impact on WAT lipid handling by altering TAG composition in a depot-specific manner, reducing FA reesterification, and regulating markers of lipolysis and glyceroneogenesis. ..
- Tayade C, Hilchie D, He H, Fang Y, Moons L, Carmeliet P, et al. Genetic deletion of placenta growth factor in mice alters uterine NK cells. J Immunol. 2007;178:4267-75 pubmed..Thus, in mice, PlGF plays an important role in successful uNK cell proliferation and/or differentiation. ..
- Choleris E, Cazzin L, Lymer J, Amor T, Lu R, Kavaliers M, et al. Acute corticosterone sexually dimorphically facilitates social learning and inhibits feeding in mice. Neuropharmacology. 2013;75:191-200 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CORT facilitates social learning, like social recognition. Hence, CORT may generally increase social information processing. ..
- Tayade C, Esadeg S, Fang Y, Croy B. Functions of alpha 2 macroglobulins in pregnancy. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2005;245:60-6 pubmed..Here, we review the A2M gene families of mice and humans, the predicted structural relationships between A2M and its pregnancy induced forms and the postulated roles for this gene family in normal pregnancy. ..
- Lee S, Baker M. Analysis of DNA repair and recombination responses in mouse cells depleted for Brca2 by SiRNA. DNA Repair (Amst). 2007;6:809-17 pubmed..Both of these phenotypes are consistent with the proposed role of Brca2 in DNA repair and recombination. ..
- Jain S, Chabowski A, Snook L, Schwenk R, Glatz J, Luiken J, et al. Additive effects of insulin and muscle contraction on fatty acid transport and fatty acid transporters, FAT/CD36, FABPpm, FATP1, 4 and 6. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2294-300 pubmed publisher..Insulin and muscle contraction increased plasmalemmal FAT/CD36, FABPpm, FATP1, and FATP4, but not FATP6. Only FAT/CD36 and FATP1 were stimulated in an additive manner by insulin and by muscle contraction. ..
- Gaikis L, Stewart D, Johnson R, Pyle W. Identifying a role of the actin capping protein CapZ in ?-adrenergic receptor signalling. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2013;207:173-82 pubmed publisher..These data further support the concept that the cardiac Z-disc protein is a regulator of myofilament function and intracellular signalling transduction. ..
- Ashkar A, Di Santo J, Croy B. Interferon gamma contributes to initiation of uterine vascular modification, decidual integrity, and uterine natural killer cell maturation during normal murine pregnancy. J Exp Med. 2000;192:259-70 pubmed
- Kather A, Chantakru S, He H, Minhas K, Foster R, Markert U, et al. Neither lymphotoxin alpha nor lymphotoxin beta receptor expression is required for biogenesis of lymphoid aggregates or differentiation of natural killer cells in the pregnant mouse uterus. Immunology. 2003;108:338-45 pubmed..This indicates that the stromally derived molecules supporting NK cell differentiation in the uterus differ from those used in secondary lymphoid organs. ..
- Yang F, Aiello D, Pyle W. Cardiac myofilament regulation by protein phosphatase type 1alpha and CapZ. Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;86:70-8 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate myofilament regulation by PP1alpha and support the concept that cardiac Z-discs are vital components in intracellular signalling. ..
- Gray M, Peacock J, Squires E. Characterization of the porcine constitutive androstane receptor (CAR) and its splice variants. Xenobiotica. 2009;39:915-30 pubmed publisher..SV2 had no effect against pgPXR (pregnane X receptor) or pgFXR (farnesoid X receptor) activity when using PXR- or FXR-specific reporters. ..
- Adham S, Sher I, Coomber B. Molecular blockade of VEGFR2 in human epithelial ovarian carcinoma cells. Lab Invest. 2010;90:709-23 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the possible confounding events that may affect the usefulness of RNAi in a therapeutic setting for disrupting EOC cell survival in ascites. ..
- Allan A, Albanese C, Pestell R, LaMarre J. Activating transcription factor 3 induces DNA synthesis and expression of cyclin D1 in hepatocytes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:27272-80 pubmed..These results indicate that ATF3 expression stimulates hepatocellular proliferation, suggesting that this effect is mediated, at least in part, by the ATF3-dependent activation of cyclin D1 transcription. ..
- Choleris E, Ogawa S, Kavaliers M, Gustafsson J, Korach K, Muglia L, et al. Involvement of estrogen receptor alpha, beta and oxytocin in social discrimination: A detailed behavioral analysis with knockout female mice. Genes Brain Behav. 2006;5:528-39 pubmed..Therefore, the OT, ER-alpha, and ER-beta genes are necessary, to different degrees, for social discrimination and, thus, for the modulation of social behavior (e.g. aggression, affiliation). ..
- Clipperton A, Spinato J, Chernets C, Pfaff D, Choleris E. Differential effects of estrogen receptor alpha and beta specific agonists on social learning of food preferences in female mice. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008;33:2362-75 pubmed..This suggests that the estrous cycle's effects on social learning may be due to the action of ERbeta on Submissive Behavior, or to ERbeta countering that of ERalpha. ..
- Jones R, Campbell C, Petrik J, Moorehead R. Characterization of a novel primary mammary tumor cell line reveals that cyclin D1 is regulated by the type I insulin-like growth factor receptor. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:819-28 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this article characterizes the first primary murine mammary tumor cell line with inducible IGF-IR expression. These cells provide a powerful in vitro/in vivo model to examine the function of IGF-IR in mammary tumorigenesis. ..
- Monteiro M, Baqar S, Hall E, Chen Y, Porter C, Bentzel D, et al. Capsule polysaccharide conjugate vaccine against diarrheal disease caused by Campylobacter jejuni. Infect Immun. 2009;77:1128-36 pubmed publisher..jejuni. The CPS(81-176)-CRM(197) vaccine also provided 100% protection against diarrhea in the New World monkey Aotus nancymaae following orogastric challenge with C. jejuni 81-176. ..
- Jones N, New L, Fortino M, Eremina V, Ruston J, Blasutig I, et al. Nck proteins maintain the adult glomerular filtration barrier. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:1533-43 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Nck is required to maintain adult podocytes and that phosphotyrosine-based interactions with nephrin may occur in foot processes of resting, mature podocytes. ..
- Bamm V, Ahmed M, Harauz G. Interaction of myelin basic protein with actin in the presence of dodecylphosphocholine micelles. Biochemistry. 2010;49:6903-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, whereas the N-terminal domain of MBP can be more important for the MBP's actin polymerization activity and membrane-association, the C-terminal domain can regulate its interaction with actin. ..
- Lindinger M, Leung M, Trajcevski K, Hawke T. Volume regulation in mammalian skeletal muscle: the role of sodium-potassium-chloride cotransporters during exposure to hypertonic solutions. J Physiol. 2011;589:2887-99 pubmed publisher..The rate of RVI is dependent on the degree of change in extracellular osmolarity, is muscle specific, and is dependent on the functioning of the NKCC and Na+, K+-ATPase. ..
- Zhang J, He H, Borzychowski A, Takeda K, Akira S, Croy B. Analysis of cytokine regulators inducing interferon production by mouse uterine natural killer cells. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:404-11 pubmed..The four genes were induced by gd6, and uNK cells isolated from midgestation transcribed IL-23alpha and IL-27R. This study advances the understanding of uNK cell activation during normal pregnancy. ..
- Yuan Z, Tie A, Tarnopolsky M, Bakovic M. Genomic organization, promoter activity, and expression of the human choline transporter-like protein 1. Physiol Genomics. 2006;26:76-90 pubmed..This retention signal was conserved in hCTL1b and rat and mouse CTL1b and is typical for transmembrane proteins of type 1 topology. ..
- Pei Y, Parreira V, Nicholson V, Prescott J. Mutation and virulence assessment of chromosomal genes of Rhodococcus equi 103. Can J Vet Res. 2007;71:1-7 pubmed
- Bonen A, Han X, Habets D, Febbraio M, Glatz J, Luiken J. A null mutation in skeletal muscle FAT/CD36 reveals its essential role in insulin- and AICAR-stimulated fatty acid metabolism. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;292:E1740-9 pubmed..7-fold greater in WT compared with KO mice. In conclusion, the present studies demonstrate that FAT/CD36 has a critical role in regulating fatty acid esterification and oxidation, particularly during stimulation with insulin or AICAR. ..
- Hawley S, Wills M, Rabalski A, Bendall A, Jones N. Expression patterns of ShcD and Shc family adaptor proteins during mouse embryonic development. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:221-31 pubmed publisher..The unique tissue distribution patterns of Shc proteins likely contribute to their complex tissue-specific signaling functions during embryogenesis. ..
- Bamm V, De Avila M, Smith G, Ahmed M, Harauz G. Structured functional domains of myelin basic protein: cross talk between actin polymerization and Ca(2+)-dependent calmodulin interaction. Biophys J. 2011;101:1248-56 pubmed publisher..These three domains of MBP represent molecular recognition fragments with multiple roles in both membrane- and protein-association. ..
- Ashkar A, Croy B. Interferon-gamma contributes to the normalcy of murine pregnancy. Biol Reprod. 1999;61:493-502 pubmed..Furthermore, evidence is presented that IFN-gamma-producing cells exist in mesometrial regions of implantation sites that are neither NK nor T cells. ..
- Greenwood J, Minhas K, Di Santo J, Makita M, Kiso Y, Croy B. Ultrastructural studies of implantation sites from mice deficient in uterine natural killer cells. Placenta. 2000;21:693-702 pubmed..These studies add strength to the hypothesis that uNK cells may have specialized physiological, rather than classically immune, functions in the pregnant mammalian uterus. ..
- Yin X, Choudhury M, Bag J. Overexpression of sTnC polypeptide in muscle cells is controlled by its rapid degradation. FEBS Lett. 2002;517:45-9 pubmed..Analyses of the mRNA and polypeptide levels of several thin filament complements showed no effect of overexpression of the sTnC mRNA. ..
- Haghighi H, Prescott J. Assessment in mice of vapA-DNA vaccination against Rhodococcus equi infection. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2005;104:215-25 pubmed..equi infection, that the IgG subisotype response is consistent with a type 1-based immune response, and that this can be enhanced by injection of the IL-12 gene. ..
- Liang G, Audas T, Li Y, Cockram G, Dean J, Martyn A, et al. Luman/CREB3 induces transcription of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress response protein Herp through an ER stress response element. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7999-8010 pubmed..With Luman structurally similar to ATF6 but resembling XBP1 in DNA-binding specificities, we propose that Luman is a novel factor that plays a role in ERAD and a converging point for various signaling pathways channeling through the ER. ..