Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in London, Ontario, Canada
Locale: London, Ontario, Canada
Publications503 found, 100 shown here
- Everling S. Where do i look? From attention to action in the frontal eye field. Neuron. 2007;56:417-9 pubmed..This finding suggests that FEF activity can modulate the deployment of spatial attention, which in turn can alter saccade motor commands. ..
- Safadi S, Shaw G. A disease state mutation unfolds the parkin ubiquitin-like domain. Biochemistry. 2007;46:14162-9 pubmed..Our work provides the first structural and folding insight into the effects of causative mutations within the ubiquitin-like domain in autosomal recessive juvenile Parkinson's disease. ..
- Wignall G, Canales B, Denstedt J, Monga M. Minimally invasive approaches to upper urinary tract urolithiasis. Urol Clin North Am. 2008;35:441-54, viii pubmed publisher..Surgical technique of shockwave lithotripsy, ureteroscopy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy, and laparoscopy is discussed in depth, with attention paid to possible variations in technique. ..
- Grieci T, Butter A. The incidence of inflammatory bowel disease in the pediatric population of Southwestern Ontario. J Pediatr Surg. 2009;44:977-80 pubmed publisher..Reasons for this remain unclear, although given the relatively short time interval, environmental factors, rather than genetic changes, seem more likely. ..
- Hedley B, Chambers A. Tumor dormancy and metastasis. Adv Cancer Res. 2009;102:67-101 pubmed publisher..An improved understanding of tumor dormancy is needed for better management of patients at risk for late-developing metastases. ..
- Battram D, Beynon C, He M. The reliability and validity of using clothing size as a proxy for waist circumference measurement in adults. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2011;36:183-90 pubmed publisher..CS presents a reliable and feasible means of obtaining an estimate of WC at the population level in adults and predicting the percentage of the population at increased health risk. ..
- Keller B, Volkening K, Droppelmann C, Ang L, Rademakers R, Strong M. Co-aggregation of RNA binding proteins in ALS spinal motor neurons: evidence of a common pathogenic mechanism. Acta Neuropathol. 2012;124:733-47 pubmed publisher..We also conclude that routine IHC-based analysis of spinal MNs may aid in the identification of families not previously suspected to harbor SOD1 mutations. ..
- Al Asaaed S, Winquist E. Custirsen (OGX-011): clusterin inhibitor in metastatic prostate cancer. Curr Oncol Rep. 2013;15:113-8 pubmed publisher..Custirsen (OGX-011) is a novel antisense oligonucleotide drug which targets clusterin expression, and its application in prostate cancer is reviewed in this article. ..
- Parkash R, Tung S, Champagne J, Healey J, Thibault B, Cameron D, et al. Insight into the mechanism of failure of the Riata lead under advisory. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:574-579 pubmed publisher..Management of this group of leads under advisory should not neglect the issue of lead-can abrasion, in addition to detection of cable externalization. ..
- Al Zahrani Y, Peck D. Median sacral artery injury following a bone marrow biopsy successfully treated with selective trans-arterial embolization: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2016;10:42 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, a median sacral artery injury has not been previously reported. Endovascular trans-arterial embolization is a safe, effective, and minimally invasive therapeutic option. ..
- Boyko J, Kothari A, Wathen C. Moving knowledge about family violence into public health policy and practice: a mixed method study of a deliberative dialogue. Health Res Policy Syst. 2016;14:31 pubmed publisher..Deliberative dialogues may be a viable strategy for collaborative sensemaking of research related to family violence prevention, and other public health topics. ..
- Bailey M, Shilton B, Brandl C, Litchfield D. The dual histidine motif in the active site of Pin1 has a structural rather than catalytic role. Biochemistry. 2008;47:11481-9 pubmed publisher..Instead, we suggest these histidines play a key role in domain structure or stability. ..
- Chen K, Teefy P, Kiaii B, Vezina W, Chu M. Robotic coronary artery bypass for aberrant right coronary artery stenosis. Can J Cardiol. 2010;26:326-7 pubmed..The procedure completely resolved the patient's angina symptoms. ..
- Rowe A, Argmann C, Edwards J, Sawyez C, Morand O, Hegele R, et al. Enhanced synthesis of the oxysterol 24(S),25-epoxycholesterol in macrophages by inhibitors of 2,3-oxidosqualene:lanosterol cyclase: a novel mechanism for the attenuation of foam cell formation. Circ Res. 2003;93:717-25 pubmed
- Dekaban G, Digilio L, Franchini G. The natural history and evolution of human and simian T cell leukemia/lymphotropic viruses. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 1995;5:807-13 pubmed
- Athanassiades A, Hamilton G, Lala P. Vascular endothelial growth factor stimulates proliferation but not migration or invasiveness in human extravillous trophoblast. Biol Reprod. 1998;59:643-54 pubmed..Thus, VEGF may provide a dual role in angiogenesis and EVT cell proliferation during normal placental development. ..
- Nicolle M, Barron J, Watson B, Hammond R, Miller T. Wartenberg's migrant sensory neuritis. Muscle Nerve. 2001;24:438-43 pubmed..The investigations in our case strongly suggest that there may be an underlying immune pathogenesis for cases of Wartenberg's migrant sensory neuritis...
- Reid G, Burton J, Hammond J, Bruce A. Nucleic acid-based diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis and improved management using probiotic lactobacilli. J Med Food. 2004;7:223-8 pubmed..rhamnosus GR-1 and L. fermentum RC-14. ..
- Spence J, Tamayo A, Lownie S, Ng W, Ferguson G. Absence of microemboli on transcranial Doppler identifies low-risk patients with asymptomatic carotid stenosis. Stroke. 2005;36:2373-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that ACS should be managed medically with delay of surgery or stenting until the occurrence of symptoms or emboli. ..
- Fisher B, Dennis K. Malignant epithelioid cranial nerve sheath tumor: case report of a radiation response. J Neurooncol. 2006;78:173-7 pubmed..The patient expired from brainstem compression 7 years after initial radiotherapy. The long-term control of the original tumor despite positive margins argues for the use of radiotherapy in the treatment of these tumors. ..
- Teasell R, Foley N, Bhogal S, Bagg S, Jutai J. Evidence-based practice and setting basic standards for stroke rehabilitation in Canada. Top Stroke Rehabil. 2006;13:59-65 pubmed..Nevertheless, these standards should be the expectation of stroke patients, essentially forming a stroke rehabilitation "bill of rights." ..
- Kaur H, Chen S, Xin X, Chiu J, Khan Z, Chakrabarti S. Diabetes-induced extracellular matrix protein expression is mediated by transcription coactivator p300. Diabetes. 2006;55:3104-11 pubmed..These results indicate that transcriptional coactivator p300 may regulate fibronectin expression via PARP and NF-kappaB activation in diabetes. ..
- Lyautey E, Hartmann A, Pagotto F, Tyler K, Lapen D, Wilkes G, et al. Characteristics and frequency of detection of fecal Listeria monocytogenes shed by livestock, wildlife, and humans. Can J Microbiol. 2007;53:1158-67 pubmed..Livestock, wildlife, and human L. monocytogenes fecal communities exhibited overlapping but distinct populations, and some genotypes and phenotypes were similar to those previously described for surface water isolates in the same area. ..
- Dahn A, Saunders S, Hammond J, Carter D, Kirjavainen P, Anukam K, et al. Effect of bacterial vaginosis, Lactobacillus and Premarin estrogen replacement therapy on vaginal gene expression changes. Microbes Infect. 2008;10:620-7 pubmed publisher..83-fold for IL-1alpha, -8.33 for IL-1beta and -3.63 for IL-6. This is the first study to use gene arrays to correlate changes in host expression response to estrogen replacement therapy and BV. ..
- Zou G. On the estimation of additive interaction by use of the four-by-two table and beyond. Am J Epidemiol. 2008;168:212-24 pubmed publisher..The approach is illustrated with three examples. A Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and SAS codes for the calculations are available from the author and the Journal's website, respectively. ..
- Karanicolas P, Smith S, Kanbur B, Davies E, Guyatt G. The impact of prophylactic dexamethasone on nausea and vomiting after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Surg. 2008;248:751-62 pubmed publisher..Surgeons should consider administering prophylactic corticosteroids to patients undergoing laparoscopic cholecystectomy, particularly those at high risk of postoperative nausea and vomiting. ..
- Gohar M, Yang W, Strong W, Volkening K, Leystra Lantz C, Strong M. Tau phosphorylation at threonine-175 leads to fibril formation and enhanced cell death: implications for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis with cognitive impairment. J Neurochem. 2009;108:634-43 pubmed publisher..Both tau fibril formation and cell death were significantly enhanced in the presence of Thr175-Asp-tau, regardless of the tau isoform, suggesting that phosphorylation of Thr175 is associated with tau fibril formation in ALSci. ..
- Johnston J, Ramos Valdes Y, Stanton L, Ladhani S, Beier F, DiMattia G. Human stanniocalcin-1 or -2 expressed in mice reduces bone size and severely inhibits cranial intramembranous bone growth. Transgenic Res. 2010;19:1017-39 pubmed publisher..Collectively these data support a direct regulatory role for STCs in osteoblasts and suggest that overexposure to these factors inhibits normal skeletal development without significant changes in patterning. ..
- McCalden R, Charron K, Yuan X, Bourne R, Naudie D, MacDonald S. Randomised controlled trial comparing early migration of two collarless polished cemented stems using radiostereometric analysis. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2010;92:935-40 pubmed publisher..The subtle differences in designs may explain the different patterns of migration. Comparable migration with the Exeter stem suggests that the CPCS design will perform well in the long term. ..
- Weijer C, Grimshaw J, Taljaard M, Binik A, Boruch R, Brehaut J, et al. Ethical issues posed by cluster randomized trials in health research. Trials. 2011;12:100 pubmed publisher..Our hope is that these papers will serve as the basis for the creation of international ethical guidelines for the design and conduct of cluster randomized trials. ..
- Prior P, Hachinski V, Unsworth K, Chan R, Mytka S, O Callaghan C, et al. Comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation for secondary prevention after transient ischemic attack or mild stroke: I: feasibility and risk factors. Stroke. 2011;42:3207-13 pubmed publisher..We know of no similar previous investigation, and are now conducting a randomized trial. ..
- Ryan B, Stewart M, Campbell M, Koval J, Thind A. Understanding adolescent and young adult use of family physician services: a cross-sectional analysis of the Canadian Community Health Survey. BMC Fam Pract. 2011;12:118 pubmed publisher..The understanding gained from this study can inform health care policy that is responsive to the critical developmental stage of adolescence and young adulthood. ..
- Roach E, Chakrabarti R, Park N, Keats E, Yip J, Chan N, et al. Intrinsic regulation of hemangioma involution by platelet-derived growth factor. Cell Death Dis. 2012;3:e328 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study identifies PDGF signaling as an intrinsic negative regulator of hemangioma involution and highlights the therapeutic potential of disrupting PDGF signaling for the treatment of hemangiomas. ..
- Myers K, Mrkobrada M, Simel D. Does this patient have obstructive sleep apnea?: The Rational Clinical Examination systematic review. JAMA. 2013;310:731-41 pubmed publisher..The clinical examination of patients with suspected obstructive sleep apnea is useful for selecting patients for more definitive testing. ..
- Manning K, Menon R, Gorter J, Mesterman R, Campbell C, Switzer L, et al. Neuroplastic Sensorimotor Resting State Network Reorganization in Children With Hemiplegic Cerebral Palsy Treated With Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy. J Child Neurol. 2016;31:220-6 pubmed publisher..82, P = .05). This clinically correlated resting state network reorganization provides further evidence of the neuroplastic mechanisms underlying constraint-induced movement therapy. ..
- Spence J. Rational Medical Therapy Is the Key to Effective Cardiovascular Disease Prevention. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:626-634 pubmed publisher..Available therapies, used more rationally on the basis of clinical pharmacology and phenotyping of our patients, could have a bigger effect than genome-based personalized medicine. ..
- Bauman G, Cairncross J. Multidisciplinary management of adult anaplastic oligodendrogliomas and anaplastic mixed oligo-astrocytomas. Semin Radiat Oncol. 2001;11:170-80 pubmed..In addition, the role of molecular markers as diagnostic aides and guides to therapy and prognosis are being explored for patients with pure and mixed anaplastic oligodendroglial tumors. ..
- Bailey H, Waters C, Pederson D, Moran G. Ainsworth revisited: an empirical analysis of interactive behavior in the home. Attach Hum Dev. 1999;1:191-216 pubmed
- Seet B, Johnston J, Brunetti C, Barrett J, Everett H, Cameron C, et al. Poxviruses and immune evasion. Annu Rev Immunol. 2003;21:377-423 pubmed..Furthermore, because of their anti-inflammatory nature, many of these poxvirus proteins hold promise as potential therapeutic agents for acute or chronic inflammatory conditions. ..
- BÃ©langer D. Son preference in a rural village in North Vietnam. Stud Fam Plann. 2002;33:321-34 pubmed..The article also indicates a gap between discourse and social practice with respect to roles assigned to children on the basis of their sex. ..
- Noble Topham S, Cader M, Dyment D, Rice G, Brown J, Ebers G. Genetic loading in familial migraine with aura. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2003;74:1128-30 pubmed
- Ainsworth C, Skanes A, Klein G, Gula L, Yee R, Krahn A. Differentiating arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy from right ventricular outflow tract ventricular tachycardia using multilead QRS duration and axis. Heart Rhythm. 2006;3:416-23 pubmed..QRS duration is longer in ARVC compared with RVOT VT. An algorithm combining lead I QRS duration for sensitivity and axis for specificity is useful for differentiating the two tachycardia substrates. ..
- Ferguson P, Kurowska E, Freeman D, Chambers A, Koropatnick J. In vivo inhibition of growth of human tumor lines by flavonoid fractions from cranberry extract. Nutr Cancer. 2006;56:86-94 pubmed..05) and also induce cell death within 24 to 48 h of exposure (P < 0.05). These results indicate the presence of a potential anticancer constituent in the flavonoid-containing fractions from cranberry extracts. ..
- Hsieh J, Wolfe D, Miller W, Curt A. Spasticity outcome measures in spinal cord injury: psychometric properties and clinical utility. Spinal Cord. 2008;46:86-95 pubmed..Comprehensive review and systematic analyses...
- Newton C, Fisher J, Feyles V, Tekpetey F, Hughes L, Isacsson D. Changes in patient preferences in the disposal of cryopreserved embryos. Hum Reprod. 2007;22:3124-8 pubmed..In this Canadian sample, patients' affinity for research declined after treatment. ..
- Archibald L, Gathercole S. Nonword repetition in specific language impairment: more than a phonological short-term memory deficit. Psychon Bull Rev. 2007;14:919-24 pubmed
- Wang F, Barrett J, Shao Q, Gao X, Dekaban G, McFadden G. Myxoma virus selectively disrupts type I interferon signaling in primary human fibroblasts by blocking the activation of the Janus kinase Tyk2. Virology. 2009;387:136-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study documents a previously unrecognized immune evasion mechanism exploited by a poxvirus to selectively disrupt the type I IFN-Jak-STAT signaling cascade. ..
- De Young L, Bella A, O Gorman D, Gan B, Lim K, Brock G. Protein biomarker analysis of primary Peyronie's disease cells. J Sex Med. 2010;7:99-106 pubmed publisher..In addition, changes in other, as yet unidentified proteins were measured. It will be of interest to conduct further studies to see whether these dysregulated protein peaks represent potential biological markers of disease progression. ..
- Sekhon S, Pope J, Baron M. The minimally important difference in clinical practice for patient-centered outcomes including health assessment questionnaire, fatigue, pain, sleep, global visual analog scale, and SF-36 in scleroderma. J Rheumatol. 2010;37:591-8 pubmed publisher..18/-1.74 for PCS, and 1.33/-2.61 for MCS. This study provides MID estimates in SSc from 2 large databases for commonly used patient-reported outcomes in a clinical practice setting, which could differ from MID in trials. ..
- Marlatt N, Spratt D, Shaw G. Codon optimization for enhanced Escherichia coli expression of human S100A11 and S100A1 proteins. Protein Expr Purif. 2010;73:58-64 pubmed publisher..These results have established an efficient method for the expression and purification of large quantities of human S100A1 and S100A11 proteins for biophysical characterization. ..
- Frewen P, Dozois D, Neufeld R, Densmore M, Stevens T, Lanius R. Neuroimaging social emotional processing in women: fMRI study of script-driven imagery. Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci. 2011;6:375-92 pubmed publisher..Finally, the effect for social E-P was increased for positive relative to negative stimuli in many of these same regions. Future research directions for social and affective neuroscience are discussed. ..
- Rotenberg B, Tam S, Ryu W, Duggal N. Microscopic versus endoscopic pituitary surgery: a systematic review. Laryngoscope. 2010;120:1292-7 pubmed publisher..To critically review current literature comparing microscopic versus endoscopic surgery in the treatment of pituitary adenomas...
- Dubois L, Vogt K, Davies W, Schlachta C. Impact of an outpatient appendectomy protocol on clinical outcomes and cost: a case-control study. J Am Coll Surg. 2010;211:731-7 pubmed publisher..This translates to an approximate savings of $323 per patient when compared with standard care. ..
- Michalski C, Li Y, Kang C. Induction of cytopathic effects and apoptosis in Spodoptera frugiperda cells by the HIV-1 Env glycoprotein signal peptide. Virus Genes. 2010;41:341-50 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the signal peptide of HIV-1 Env itself thus has a direct role in cellular cytotoxicity and the triggering of cell death pathways. ..
- Clark W, Sontrop J, Macnab J, Suri R, Moist L, Salvadori M, et al. Urine volume and change in estimated GFR in a community-based cohort study. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;6:2634-41 pubmed publisher..In this community-based cohort, decline in kidney function was significantly slower in those with higher versus lower urine volume. ..
- Esseltine J, Willard M, Wulur I, Lajiness M, Barber T, Ferguson S. Somatic mutations in GRM1 in cancer alter metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 intracellular localization and signaling. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;83:770-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that mGluR1a signaling in cancer is disrupted by somatic mutations with multiple downstream consequences. ..
- Agzarian J, Miller J, Kosa S, Malthaner R, Tan L. Long-term survival analysis of the Canadian Lung Volume Reduction Surgery trial. Ann Thorac Surg. 2013;96:1217-1222 pubmed publisher..Although clinically meaningful, these differences were not statistically significant. These findings echo those of other published reports and demonstrate the potential long-term benefit of LVRS in the treatment of end-stage emphysema. ..
- Morrow S, Rosehart H, Pantazopoulos K. Anxiety and Depressive Symptoms Are Associated With Worse Performance on Objective Cognitive Tests in MS. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2016;28:118-23 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to determine the causal relationship between anxiety and depressive symptoms and cognitive impairment. ..
- Hrinivich W, Hoover D, Surry K, Edirisinghe C, Montreuil J, D souza D, et al. Three-dimensional transrectal ultrasound guided high-dose-rate prostate brachytherapy: A comparison of needle segmentation accuracy with two-dimensional image guidance. Brachytherapy. 2016;15:231-9 pubmed publisher..Although imaging artifacts can limit the accuracy of tip localization in a subset of needles, we identified a method to mitigate these artifacts for clinical implementation. ..
- Seneviratne A, Bell G, Sherman S, Cooper T, Putman D, Hess D. Expanded Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells Reselected for High Aldehyde Dehydrogenase Activity Demonstrate Islet Regenerative Functions. Stem Cells. 2016;34:873-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, expansion and delivery of reselected UCB cells that retain high ALDH-activity after short-term culture represents an improved strategy for the development of cellular therapies to enhance islet regeneration in situ. ..
- Salter K, Kothari A. Knowledge 'Translation' as social learning: negotiating the uptake of research-based knowledge in practice. BMC Med Educ. 2016;16:76 pubmed publisher..This article discusses practice knowledge as dependent on the practice context and on social learning processes, and suggests how research knowledge uptake might be supported from this vantage point. ..
- Hegele R, Cao H, Harris S, Hanley A, Zinman B. The hepatic nuclear factor-1alpha G319S variant is associated with early-onset type 2 diabetes in Canadian Oji-Cree. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999;84:1077-82 pubmed..Also, G319S is associated with a distinct form of type 2 diabetes, characterized by onset at an earlier age, lower body mass, and a higher postchallenge plasma glucose. ..
- Larrazabal R, Pelz D, Findlay J. Endovascular treatment of a lenticulostriate artery aneurysm with N-butyl cyanoacrylate. Can J Neurol Sci. 2001;28:256-9 pubmed..In highly selected cases where lenticulostriate aneurysms cannot be directly accessed for surgery or endovascular coiling, obliteration with liquid acrylic glue may be considered as a therapeutic option. ..
- Westwood D, Danckert J, Servos P, Goodale M. Grasping two-dimensional images and three-dimensional objects in visual-form agnosia. Exp Brain Res. 2002;144:262-7 pubmed
- Li C, Iosef C, Jia C, Han V, Li S. Dual functional roles for the X-linked lymphoproliferative syndrome gene product SAP/SH2D1A in signaling through the signaling lymphocyte activation molecule (SLAM) family of immune receptors. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3852-9 pubmed..The physiological relevance of the dual functional role for SAP is underscored by the observation that disease-causing SAP mutants exhibited significantly reduced affinities to both FynT and SLAM. ..
- Lee T, Purdie T, Stewart E. CT imaging of angiogenesis. Q J Nucl Med. 2003;47:171-87 pubmed
- Mack D, Moussa M, Cook A, Izawa J. Metastatic Merkel cell tumor to the prostate and bladder. Urology. 2004;64:156-8 pubmed..Efforts should be made to optimize the patient's quality of life with the finding of metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma to the bladder or prostate until better adjuvant therapies are identified. ..
- Rushton J. Genetic and environmental contributions to pro-social attitudes: a twin study of social responsibility. Proc Biol Sci. 2004;271:2583-5 pubmed..Forty-two per cent of the reliable variance was due to the twins' genes, 23% to the twins' common environment and the remainder to the twins' non-shared environment. ..
- Wong E, D Souza D, Chen J, Lock M, Rodrigues G, Coad T, et al. Intensity-modulated arc therapy for treatment of high-risk endometrial malignancies. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005;61:830-41 pubmed..This allowed a significant reduction in dose to bone marrow and small bowel compared with conventional techniques and was simpler to deliver than multifield IMRT. ..
- Winquist E, Waldron T, Berry S, Ernst D, Hotte S, Lukka H. Non-hormonal systemic therapy in men with hormone-refractory prostate cancer and metastases: a systematic review from the Cancer Care Ontario Program in Evidence-based Care's Genitourinary Cancer Disease Site Group. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:112 pubmed..Further investigations to identify more effective therapies for HRPC including the use of systemic therapies earlier in the natural history of prostate cancer are warranted. ..
- Kelly L, Rieder M, van den Anker J, Malkin B, Ross C, Neely M, et al. More codeine fatalities after tonsillectomy in North American children. Pediatrics. 2012;129:e1343-7 pubmed publisher..These cases demonstrate that analgesia with codeine or other opioids that use the CYP2D6 pathway after adenotonsillectomy may not be safe in young children with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. ..
- Martin S, Rodrigues G, Patil N, Bauman G, D souza D, Sexton T, et al. A multiphase validation of atlas-based automatic and semiautomatic segmentation strategies for prostate MRI. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013;85:95-100 pubmed publisher..94. The software provided robust contours with minimal editing required. Observed time savings were seen for all physicians irrespective of experience level and baseline manual contouring speed. ..
- Dick F, Rubin S. Molecular mechanisms underlying RB protein function. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2013;14:297-306 pubmed publisher..These advances and new structural studies are combining to define the multifunctionality of RB. ..
- Nichols A, Palma D, Chow W, Tan S, Rajakumar C, Rizzo G, et al. High frequency of activating PIK3CA mutations in human papillomavirus-positive oropharyngeal cancer. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013;139:617-22 pubmed publisher..Targeting PIK3CA with molecular agents in HPV-positive patients may be a mechanism to improve cure rates and decrease treatment toxic effects in this rapidly growing cohort of patients. ..
- Campbell K, Warnica M, Levine I, Brooks J, Laing A, Burkhart T, et al. Laboratory Evaluation of the gForce Trackerâ„¢, a Head Impact Kinematic Measuring Device for Use in Football Helmets. Ann Biomed Eng. 2016;44:1246-56 pubmed publisher..97), and the MAPE were less than 14%. The GFT appears to be a suitable impact-monitoring device that is not limited to specific styles of football helmets, however, correction algorithms will need to be developed for each helmet style. ..
- Liu C, Xue Z, Palaniyappan L, Zhou L, Liu H, Qi C, et al. Abnormally increased and incoherent resting-state activity is shared between patients with schizophrenia and their unaffected siblings. Schizophr Res. 2016;171:158-65 pubmed publisher..This abnormal neural pattern of excessive and incoherent neuronal activity shared by schizophrenia patients and their healthy siblings may improve our understanding of neuropathology and genetic predisposition in schizophrenia. ..
- Leung A, Daskalopoulou S, Dasgupta K, McBrien K, Butalia S, Zarnke K, et al. Hypertension Canada's 2017 Guidelines for Diagnosis, Risk Assessment, Prevention, and Treatment of Hypertension in Adults. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:557-576 pubmed publisher..The specific evidence and rationale underlying each of these guidelines are discussed. ..