Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on culture techniques in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Topic: culture techniques
- Tropepe V, Craig C, Morshead C, van der Kooy D. Transforming growth factor-alpha null and senescent mice show decreased neural progenitor cell proliferation in the forebrain subependyma. J Neurosci. 1997;17:7850-9 pubmed..These results suggest that endogenous TGFalpha and the effects of senescence may regulate the proliferation of progenitor cells in the adult subependyma, but that the number of neural stem cells is maintained throughout life. ..
- Hamam A, Lew R. Electrical phenotypes of calcium transport mutant strains of a filamentous fungus, Neurospora crassa. Eukaryot Cell. 2012;11:694-702 pubmed publisher..Thus, although Ca(2+) homeostasis is perturbed in the nca-2 mutant (B. J. Bowman et al., Eukaryot. Cell 10:654-661, 2011), the phenotype does not extend to tip growth or to osmoregulation but is revealed by lower H(+)-ATPase activity. ..
- Ang S, Conlon R, Jin O, Rossant J. Positive and negative signals from mesoderm regulate the expression of mouse Otx2 in ectoderm explants. Development. 1994;120:2979-89 pubmed..We have also found that exogenous retinoic acid can mimic the effect of this negative signal and reduces the anterior domain of Otx2 expression. ..
- Oyewumi L, Kaplan F, Gagnon S, Sweezey N. Antisense oligodeoxynucleotides decrease LGL1 mRNA and protein levels and inhibit branching morphogenesis in fetal rat lung. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2003;28:232-40 pubmed..Our findings suggest that lgl1 plays an important role in fetal airway branching morphogenesis. ..
- Komaki M, Asakura A, Rudnicki M, Sodek J, Cheifetz S. MyoD enhances BMP7-induced osteogenic differentiation of myogenic cell cultures. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:1457-68 pubmed
- McGuigan A, Sefton M. Vascularized organoid engineered by modular assembly enables blood perfusion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:11461-6 pubmed
- Boggild A, Miranda Verastegui C, Espinosa D, Arevalo J, Martinez Medina D, Llanos Cuentas A, et al. Optimization of microculture and evaluation of miniculture for the isolation of Leishmania parasites from cutaneous lesions in Peru. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2008;79:847-52 pubmed..3%). Median time to positivity was three days by microculture and miniculture and five days by traditional culture (P<0.001). Microculture and miniculture are sensitive and efficient means of diagnosing CL. ..
- Fata J, Leco K, Voura E, Yu H, Waterhouse P, Murphy G, et al. Accelerated apoptosis in the Timp-3-deficient mammary gland. J Clin Invest. 2001;108:831-41 pubmed..The physiological relevance of TIMP-3 became apparent as Timp-3(-/-) dams failed to reestablish lactation after brief cessation of suckling. Thus, TIMP-3 is a critical epithelial survival factor during mammary gland involution. ..
- Patel F, Challis J. Cortisol/progesterone antagonism in regulation of 15-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity and mRNA levels in human chorion and placental trophoblast cells at term. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87:700-8 pubmed..In the presence of trilostane, P(4) at equimolar concentration to F reversed F inhibition of PGDH mRNA levels. These findings suggest that F may be acting as an endogenous inhibitor of P(4) action in the regulation of PGDH at term...
- Proctor L, Dunk C, Baczyk D, Kingdom J, Adamson S. Early gene expression and morphogenesis of the murine chorioallantoic placenta in vivo and in vitro. Placenta. 2009;30:96-104 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, in vitro culture conditions were appropriate to reproduce in vivo expression levels of Fgfr2, Pl1, and Tpbpalpha in placental explants. ..
- Boggild A, Ramos A, Espinosa D, Valencia B, Veland N, Miranda Verastegui C, et al. Clinical and demographic stratification of test performance: a pooled analysis of five laboratory diagnostic methods for American cutaneous leishmaniasis. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2010;83:345-50 pubmed publisher..That clinical factors influence performance of non-molecular assays offers clinicians a patient-focused approach to diagnostic test selection...