Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell movement in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Topic: cell movement
- Shah P, Tanner M, Kovacevic I, Rankin A, Marshall T, Noblett N, et al. PCP and SAX-3/Robo Pathways Cooperate to Regulate Convergent Extension-Based Nerve Cord Assembly in C. elegans. Dev Cell. 2017;41:195-203.e3 pubmed publisher..Our results establish rosette-based CE as an evolutionarily conserved mechanism of nerve cord morphogenesis and reveal a role for SAX-3/Robo in this process. ..
- Ferguson K, McClellan K, Vanderluit J, McIntosh W, Schuurmans C, Polleux F, et al. A cell-autonomous requirement for the cell cycle regulatory protein, Rb, in neuronal migration. EMBO J. 2005;24:4381-91 pubmed..These results revealed a cell-autonomous role for Rb in regulating the tangential migration of cortical interneurons. Taken together, we reveal a novel requirement for the cell cycle protein, Rb, in the regulation of neuronal migration. ..
- Rayner K, Chen Y, Hibbert B, White D, Miller H, Postel E, et al. Discovery of NM23-H2 as an estrogen receptor beta-associated protein: role in estrogen-induced gene transcription and cell migration. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;108:72-81 pubmed..Hence, NM23-H2 may play an important role in modulating the response to endogenous and exogenous estrogens, perhaps even within the context of vascular disease. ..
- Wagner S, Storbeck C, Roovers K, Chaar Z, Kolodziej P, McKay M, et al. FAK/src-family dependent activation of the Ste20-like kinase SLK is required for microtubule-dependent focal adhesion turnover and cell migration. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1868 pubmed publisher..SLK activation is dependent on FAK/c-src/MAPK signaling, whereas SLK recruitment to the leading edge is src-dependent but FAK independent. Our results show that SLK represents a novel focal adhesion disassembly signal. ..
- Rayner K, Chen Y, McNulty M, Simard T, Zhao X, Wells D, et al. Extracellular release of the atheroprotective heat shock protein 27 is mediated by estrogen and competitively inhibits acLDL binding to scavenger receptor-A. Circ Res. 2008;103:133-41 pubmed publisher..HSP27 is atheroprotective, perhaps because of its ability to compete for the uptake of atherogenic lipids or attenuate inflammation. ..
- Mitrovic D, Dymowska A, Nilsson G, Perry S. Physiological consequences of gill remodeling in goldfish (Carassius auratus) during exposure to long-term hypoxia. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;297:R224-34 pubmed publisher..The capacity to maintain a population of ionocytes in contact with the water is an appropriate strategy to retain ionoregulatory capabilities regardless of whether the lamellae are uncovered or covered...
- Pépin D, Shao Z, Huppé G, Wakefield A, Chu C, Sharif Z, et al. Kallikreins 5, 6 and 10 differentially alter pathophysiology and overall survival in an ovarian cancer xenograft model. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26075 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, results support the putative role of KLK10 as a tumour suppressor and suggest it may hold therapeutic potential in ovarian cancer. ..
- Poitras L, Yu M, Lesage Pelletier C, MacDonald R, Gagné J, Hatch G, et al. An SNP in an ultraconserved regulatory element affects Dlx5/Dlx6 regulation in the forebrain. Development. 2010;137:3089-97 pubmed publisher..This study illustrates the clear functional consequences of a single nucleotide variation in an ultraconserved non-coding sequence in the context of developmental abnormalities associated with disease. ..
- Hogan A, Yakubchyk Y, Chabot J, Obagi C, Daher E, Maekawa K, et al. The phosphoinositol 3,4-bisphosphate-binding protein TAPP1 interacts with syntrophins and regulates actin cytoskeletal organization. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:53717-24 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest syntrophins regulate the localization of TAPP1, which may be important for remodeling the actin cytoskeleton in response to growth factor stimulation. ..
- Zhang Y, Wong S, Laflèche J, Crowe S, Mesana T, Suuronen E, et al. In vitro functional comparison of therapeutically relevant human vasculogenic progenitor cells used for cardiac cell therapy. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010;140:216-24, 224.e1-4 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, intercellular interactions appear important for improving the therapeutic efficacy of cell transplantation. ..
- Storbeck C, Wagner S, O Reilly P, McKay M, Parks R, Westphal H, et al. The Ldb1 and Ldb2 transcriptional cofactors interact with the Ste20-like kinase SLK and regulate cell migration. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4174-82 pubmed publisher..We propose that Ldb1/2 function to maintain SLK in an inactive state before its activation. These findings highlight a novel function for Ldb1 and -2 and expand their role to include the control of cell migration. ..
- Wagner S, Flood T, O Reilly P, Hume K, Sabourin L. Association of the Ste20-like kinase (SLK) with the microtubule. Role in Rac1-mediated regulation of actin dynamics during cell adhesion and spreading. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37685-92 pubmed..These results suggest that SLK is part of a microtubule-associated complex that is targeted to adhesion sites and implicated in the regulation of cytoskeletal dynamics. ..
- Mohammadi A, Tetro J, Filion L. Epitope selection to male specific antigens for sex selection in swine. J Reprod Immunol. 2011;89:46-54 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the use of polyclonal antiserum against synthetic H-Y peptide antigens may be an inexpensive and simple means to inhibit the motility of swine spermatozoa bearing the Y chromosome...
- Montezano A, Callera G, Yogi A, He Y, Tostes R, He G, et al. Aldosterone and angiotensin II synergistically stimulate migration in vascular smooth muscle cells through c-Src-regulated redox-sensitive RhoA pathways. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:1511-8 pubmed publisher..Blockade of Aldo/Ang II may be therapeutically useful in vascular remodeling associated with abnormal VSMC migration. ..
- Amiri A, Noei F, Jeganathan S, Kulkarni G, Pinke D, Lee J. eEF1A2 activates Akt and stimulates Akt-dependent actin remodeling, invasion and migration. Oncogene. 2007;26:3027-40 pubmed..These results suggest that eEF1A2 regulates oncogenesis through Akt and PI3K-dependent cytoskeletal remodeling. ..
- Michaud J, Chaisson K, Parks R, Kennedy C. FSGS-associated alpha-actinin-4 (K256E) impairs cytoskeletal dynamics in podocytes. Kidney Int. 2006;70:1054-61 pubmed..Such intrinsic cytoskeletal derangements may underlie initial podocyte damage and foot process effacement encountered in ACTN4-associated FSGS. ..
- Baldwin R, Parolin D, Lorimer I. Regulation of glioblastoma cell invasion by PKC iota and RhoB. Oncogene. 2008;27:3587-95 pubmed publisher..PKC iota and RhoB are, therefore, mutually antagonistic, potentially creating a sensitive switch between invasive and non-invasive phenotypes. ..
- Voronova A, Yuzwa S, Wang B, Zahr S, Syal C, Wang J, et al. Migrating Interneurons Secrete Fractalkine to Promote Oligodendrocyte Formation in the Developing Mammalian Brain. Neuron. 2017;94:500-516.e9 pubmed publisher..Thus, in addition to their role in regulating neuronal excitability, interneurons act in a paracrine fashion to promote the developmental genesis of oligodendrocytes. ..
- McClellan K, Ruzhynsky V, Douda D, Vanderluit J, Ferguson K, Chen D, et al. Unique requirement for Rb/E2F3 in neuronal migration: evidence for cell cycle-independent functions. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4825-43 pubmed..This study not only outlines overlapping and distinct functions for E2Fs in neurogenesis but also is the first to establish a physiologically relevant role for the Rb/E2F pathway beyond cell cycle regulation in vivo. ..
- Andrusiak M, McClellan K, Dugal Tessier D, Julian L, Rodrigues S, Park D, et al. Rb/E2F regulates expression of neogenin during neuronal migration. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:238-47 pubmed publisher..These studies identify a novel mechanism through which Rb regulates transcription of a gene beyond the classical E2F targets to regulate events distinct from cell cycle progression. ..
- Quizi J, Baron K, Al Zahrani K, O REILLY P, Sriram R, Conway J, et al. SLK-mediated phosphorylation of paxillin is required for focal adhesion turnover and cell migration. Oncogene. 2013;32:4656-63 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that SLK phosphorylation of paxillin on serine 250 is required for FAK-dependent FA dynamics. ..
- Krishnan L, Sad S, Patel G, Sprott G. The potent adjuvant activity of archaeosomes correlates to the recruitment and activation of macrophages and dendritic cells in vivo. J Immunol. 2001;166:1885-93 pubmed..Thus, the recruitment and activation of professional APCs by archaeosomes constitutes an efficient self-adjuvanting process for induction of Ag-specific responses to encapsulated Ags...
- Dakubo G, Wang Y, Mazerolle C, Campsall K, McMahon A, Wallace V. Retinal ganglion cell-derived sonic hedgehog signaling is required for optic disc and stalk neuroepithelial cell development. Development. 2003;130:2967-80 pubmed..Together, these data provide a novel insight into the source of Hh that promotes neuroepithelial cell development in the mammalian optic disc and stalk. ..
- Vuong T, Mallet J, Ouzounova M, Rahbar S, Hernandez Vargas H, Herceg Z, et al. Role of a polyphenol-enriched preparation on chemoprevention of mammary carcinoma through cancer stem cells and inflammatory pathways modulation. J Transl Med. 2016;14:13 pubmed publisher..Thus, PEBP may represent a novel complementary alternative medicine therapy and a source for novel therapeutic agents against breast cancer. ..