Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Publications758 found, 100 shown here
- Crump D, Jagla M, Kehoe A, Kennedy S. Detection of polybrominated diphenyl ethers in herring gull (Larus argentatus) brains: effects on mRNA expression in cultured neuronal cells. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:7715-21 pubmed..Herring gull neuronal cells were responsive to both T3 and PBDEs although, receptors associated with two predicted mechanisms of PBDE action were not effective molecular biomarkers of exposure. ..
- Gilmour K, Thomas K, Esbaugh A, Perry S. Carbonic anhydrase expression and CO2 excretion during early development in zebrafish Danio rerio. J Exp Biol. 2009;212:3837-45 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that between 24 h.p.f. and 48 h.p.f., developing zebrafish begin to rely on CA to meet requirements for increased CO2 excretion. ..
- Abdul Ghani M, Dufort D, Stiles R, De Repentigny Y, Kothary R, Megeney L. Wnt11 promotes cardiomyocyte development by caspase-mediated suppression of canonical Wnt signals. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:163-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that noncanonical Wnt signals promote myocyte maturation through caspase-mediated inhibition of ?-catenin activity. ..
- Xi Y, Yu M, Godoy R, Hatch G, Poitras L, Ekker M. Transgenic zebrafish expressing green fluorescent protein in dopaminergic neurons of the ventral diencephalon. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:2539-47 pubmed publisher..This transgenic line will be useful for the study of DA neuron development and in models of DA neuron loss. ..
- Chepelev N, Bennitz J, Huang T, McBride S, Willmore W. The Nrf1 CNC-bZIP protein is regulated by the proteasome and activated by hypoxia. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29167 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggests that Nrf1 is controlled by several post-translational mechanisms, including ubiquitination, proteolytic processing and proteasomal-mediated degradation as well as by its phosphorylation status. ..
- Mailloux R, Xuan J, Beauchamp B, Jui L, Lou M, Harper M. Glutaredoxin-2 is required to control proton leak through uncoupling protein-3. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8365-79 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first enzyme identified to regulate UCP3 by glutathionylation and is the first study on the role of Grx2 in the regulation of energy metabolism. ..
- Ahumada M, McLaughlin S, Pacioni N, Alarcon E. Spherical silver nanoparticles in the detection of thermally denatured collagens. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2016;408:1993-6 pubmed publisher..7, 8.5, and 8.6 Î¼g mL(-1) for porcine (PCOL), rat tail (RCOL), and type I human recombinant (HCOL) collagen, respectively. ..
- Gauthier L, Hebert C, Weseloh D, Letcher R. Current-use flame retardants in the eggs of herring gulls (Larus argentatus) from the Laurentian Great Lakes. Environ Sci Technol. 2007;41:4561-7 pubmed..Given the aquatic diet of herring gull, this suggests that there are non-PBDE BFRs present in the gull-associated aquatic food web of the Great Lakes. ..
- Gyamera Acheampong C, Sirois F, Denis N, Mishra P, Figeys D, Basak A, et al. The precursor to the germ cell-specific PCSK4 proteinase is inefficiently activated in transfected somatic cells: evidence of interaction with the BiP chaperone. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;348:43-52 pubmed publisher..These cells may lack the intracellular environment and the interacting molecules specific to testicular germ cells where this enzyme is normally expressed. ..
- Crocker S, Wigle N, Liston P, Thompson C, Lee C, Xu D, et al. NAIP protects the nigrostriatal dopamine pathway in an intrastriatal 6-OHDA rat model of Parkinson's disease. Eur J Neurosci. 2001;14:391-400 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that therapeutic strategies based on NAIP may have potential value for the treatment of PD. ..
- Doiron B, Longtin A, Turner R, Maler L. Model of gamma frequency burst discharge generated by conditional backpropagation. J Neurophysiol. 2001;86:1523-45 pubmed..These findings implicate ion channels involved in repolarizing dendritic spikes as being central to the process of conditional backpropagation and oscillatory burst discharge in this principal sensory output neuron of the ELL...
- Huang B, Wang H, Leenen F. Enhanced sympathoexcitatory and pressor responses to central Na+ in Dahl salt-sensitive vs. -resistant rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2001;281:H1881-9 pubmed..These findings indicate that genetic control of mechanisms linking CSF Na+ with brain "ouabain" is altered in Dahl S rats toward sympathetic hyperactivity and hypertension. ..
- Nielsen K, Smith P, Conde S, Draghi De Benitez G, Gall D, Halbert G, et al. Rough lipopolysaccharide of Brucella abortus RB51 as a common antigen for serological detection of B. ovis, B. canis, and B. abortus RB51 exposure using indirect enzyme immunoassay and fluorescence polarization assay. J Immunoassay Immunochem. 2004;25:171-82 pubmed..B. abortus RB51 core labeled with fluorescein resulted in sensitivity and specificity values of 93.5% and 99.8%, respectively, with bovine sera and 78.1% and 99.0% with sheep sera. It was not possible to test the dog sera in the FPA...
- Wang G, Rosenberg L, Scott F. Tubular complexes as a source for islet neogenesis in the pancreas of diabetes-prone BB rats. Lab Invest. 2005;85:675-88 pubmed..5. This study demonstrates that TC are upregulated during beta-cell destruction and contain potential endocrine progenitors. ..
- Tinmouth A, Fergusson D, Yee I, Hebert P. Clinical consequences of red cell storage in the critically ill. Transfusion. 2006;46:2014-27 pubmed..These data suggest a possible detrimental clinical effect associated with the transfusion of stored RBCs; randomized clinical trials further evaluating the clinical consequences of transfusing older stored RBCs are required. ..
- Billiard S, Meyer J, Wassenberg D, Hodson P, Di Giulio R. Nonadditive effects of PAHs on Early Vertebrate Development: mechanisms and implications for risk assessment. Toxicol Sci. 2008;105:5-23 pubmed..Throughout, we place particular emphasis on research on the early life stages of fish, which has proven to be a sensitive and rapid developmental model to elucidate effects of hydrocarbon mixtures. ..
- Kao R, Xenocostas A, Rui T, Huang W, Martin C. The effect of erythropoietin on microcirculation perfusion and tissue bioenergetics of the small intestine in a hemorrhagic shock and resuscitation rat model. J Trauma. 2010;68:1342-8 pubmed publisher..We tested the hypothesis that EPO given at resuscitation with saline will improve capillary perfusion and tissue oxygenation in the gut using a hemorrhagic shock model...
- Martina M, Luk C, Py C, Martinez D, Comas T, Monette R, et al. Recordings of cultured neurons and synaptic activity using patch-clamp chips. J Neural Eng. 2011;8:034002 pubmed publisher..This is the first application of planar patch-clamp technology to examine synaptic communication. ..
- Boudreau E, Labib S, Bertrand A, Decostre V, Bolongo P, Sylvius N, et al. Lamin A/C mutants disturb sumo1 localization and sumoylation in vitro and in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45918 pubmed publisher..However, lamin A and C did not appear to be modified by sumo1. Our results suggest that mutant lamin A/C alters the dynamics of sumo1 and thus misregulation of sumoylation may be contributing to disease progression in laminopathies. ..
- Kapopoulou A, Mathew L, Wong A, Trono D, Jensen J. The evolution of gene expression and binding specificity of the largest transcription factor family in primates. Evolution. 2016;70:167-80 pubmed publisher..This work provides evidence for a link between age of the TF, as well as polymorphism in their DNA-contacting residues and expression levels-both of which may be jointly affected by selection. ..
- Schuch C, Jeffers M, Antonescu S, Nguemeni C, Gomez Smith M, Pereira L, et al. Enriched rehabilitation promotes motor recovery in rats exposed to neonatal hypoxia-ischemia. Behav Brain Res. 2016;304:42-50 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study demonstrated that ER, but not CsA was the main contributor to enhanced recovery of motor ability after neonatal HI. ..
- Gagnon A, Artemenko Y, Crapper T, Sorisky A. Regulation of endogenous SH2 domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase (SHIP2) in 3T3-L1 and human preadipocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2003;197:243-50 pubmed..Lack of SHIP2 tyrosine phosphorylation may account for the insulin-specific inositol phospholipid pattern of accumulation in preadipocytes. ..
- Fortin A, Maclaurin J, Arbour N, Cregan S, Kushwaha N, Callaghan S, et al. The proapoptotic gene SIVA is a direct transcriptional target for the tumor suppressors p53 and E2F1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28706-14 pubmed..Here, we report that the proapoptotic gene, SIVA, which functions in a broad spectrum of cell types, is a direct transcriptional target for both tumor suppressors, p53 and E2F1. ..
- Gebbink W, Hebert C, Letcher R. Perfluorinated carboxylates and sulfonates and precursor compounds in herring gull eggs from colonies spanning the Laurentian Great Lakes of North America. Environ Sci Technol. 2009;43:7443-9 pubmed
- Mailloux R, Seifert E, Bouillaud F, Aguer C, Collins S, Harper M. Glutathionylation acts as a control switch for uncoupling proteins UCP2 and UCP3. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:21865-75 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings advance our understanding of the roles UCP2 and UCP3 play in modulating metabolic efficiency, cell signaling, and oxidative stress processes. ..
- McComb S, Cheung H, Korneluk R, Wang S, Krishnan L, Sad S. cIAP1 and cIAP2 limit macrophage necroptosis by inhibiting Rip1 and Rip3 activation. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:1791-801 pubmed publisher..These results show that cIAPs have an important role in limiting programmed necrosis of macrophages, which facilitates effective control of a pathogen. ..
- Kumai Y, Ward M, Perry S. ?-Adrenergic regulation of Na+ uptake by larval zebrafish Danio rerio in acidic and ion-poor environments. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;303:R1031-41 pubmed publisher..These data indicate an important role of adrenergic systems in regulating Na(+) uptake in developing zebrafish. ..
- Thurston S, Kulacz W, Shaikh S, Lee J, Copeland J. The ability to induce microtubule acetylation is a general feature of formin proteins. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48041 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the regulation of microtubule acetylation is likely a general formin activity and that the FH2 should be thought of as a dual-function domain capable of regulating both actin and microtubule networks. ..
- Northoff G. What the brain's intrinsic activity can tell us about consciousness? A tri-dimensional view. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2013;37:726-38 pubmed publisher..g., spatiotemporal structure, as provided by the intrinsic activity. In short, I here opt for tri-rather than bi-dimensional view of consciousness. ..
- Martin A, Fahrig L. Measuring and selecting scales of effect for landscape predictors in species-habitat models. Ecol Appl. 2012;22:2277-92 pubmed
- Reid B. The Sterways process: a new approach to inactivating viruses using gamma radiation. Biologicals. 1998;26:125-9 pubmed..This goal is achieved by controlling the dose rate for the particular product and formulation in question. Because the Process uses gamma radiation it not only inactivates known viruses but also emerging or mutilating viruses. ..
- De Repentigny Y, Côté P, Pool M, Bernier G, Girard S, Vidal S, et al. Pathological and genetic analysis of the degenerating muscle (dmu) mouse: a new allele of Scn8a. Hum Mol Genet. 2001;10:1819-27 pubmed..Our results suggest that at least a portion of the dmu phenotype is caused by a down-regulation of Scn8a, making dmu a new allele of Scn8a. ..
- Mekhail K, Gunaratnam L, Bonicalzi M, Lee S. HIF activation by pH-dependent nucleolar sequestration of VHL. Nat Cell Biol. 2004;6:642-7 pubmed..Our findings suggest that an increase in hydrogen ions elicits a transient and reversible loss of VHL function by promoting its nucleolar sequestration. ..
- Stone E, Hirama T, Chen W, Soltyk A, Brunton J, Mackenzie C, et al. A novel pentamer versus pentamer approach to generating neutralizers of verotoxin 1. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:2487-91 pubmed..This effort provides the basis of a novel type of VT neutralizer that can potentially be produced at a relatively low cost. ..
- Remes Lenicov F, Lemonde S, Czesak M, Mosher T, Albert P. Cell-type specific induction of tryptophan hydroxylase-2 transcription by calcium mobilization. J Neurochem. 2007;103:2047-57 pubmed..These results are the first to identify calcium-mediated regulation of the proximal TPH2 promoter as critical for cell-specific TPH2 expression. ..
- Hou S, Keklikian A, Slinn J, O Hare M, Jiang S, Aylsworth A. Sustained up-regulation of semaphorin 3A, Neuropilin1, and doublecortin expression in ischemic mouse brain during long-term recovery. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;367:109-15 pubmed..This model will be of use as a platform for testing anti-inhibitory therapies to stroke. ..
- Laviolette L, Ethier J, Senterman M, Devine P, Vanderhyden B. Induction of a menopausal state alters the growth and histology of ovarian tumors in a mouse model of ovarian cancer. Menopause. 2011;18:549-57 pubmed publisher..In this study, 4-vinylcyclohexene diepoxide (VCD) was used to deplete ovarian follicles and increase the levels of circulating FSH and LH in the tgCAG-LS-TAg mouse model of ovarian cancer...
- Jun J, Longtin A, Maler L. Precision measurement of electric organ discharge timing from freely moving weakly electric fish. J Neurophysiol. 2012;107:1996-2007 pubmed publisher..Our stand-alone pulse detector performed with high temporal precision (<10 ?s) and reliability (error <1 per 10(6) pulses) and permits longer recording duration by storing only event time stamps (4 bytes/pulse). ..
- Bobyn J, Mangano E, Gandhi A, Nelson E, Moloney K, Clarke M, et al. Viral-toxin interactions and Parkinson's disease: poly I:C priming enhanced the neurodegenerative effects of paraquat. J Neuroinflammation. 2012;9:86 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that viral agents can sensitize microglial-dependent inflammatory responses, thereby rendering nigral DA neurons vulnerable to further environmental toxin exposure. ..
- Gibb J, Al Yawer F, Anisman H. Synergistic and antagonistic actions of acute or chronic social stressors and an endotoxin challenge vary over time following the challenge. Brain Behav Immun. 2013;28:149-58 pubmed publisher..The implications of the temporal changes related to stressors and immune activation are discussed, and several possible mechanisms for these effects are suggested. ..
- Mlynarek J, Knee W, Forbes M. Relative geographic range of sibling species of host damselflies does not reliably predict differential parasitism by water mites. BMC Ecol. 2013;13:50 pubmed publisher..In addition, the likelihood of putative mite species parasitizing both species of a host species pair was explored...
- Perry S, Tzaneva V. The sensing of respiratory gases in fish: Mechanisms and signalling pathways. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2016;224:71-9 pubmed publisher..Recent data suggest that CO inhibits and H2S stimulates NEC activity whereas NO can either be inhibitory or stimulatory depending on developmental age. ..
- Nguyen V, Young N, Hinch S, Cooke S. Getting past the blame game: Convergence and divergence in perceived threats to salmon resources among anglers and indigenous fishers in Canada's lower Fraser River. Ambio. 2016;45:591-601 pubmed publisher..These patterns provide a potential roadmap for consensus building, and suggest possible avenues for policy-makers to defuse the "blame game" that often dominates this type of conflict. ..
- Artsob H, Spence L, Brodeur B, Th ng C. Monoclonal antibody characterization of Jamestown Canyon (California serogroup) virus topotypes isolated in Canada. Viral Immunol. 1992;5:233-42 pubmed..The MAbs verified all Canadian topotypes to be JC virus but revealed different patterns of reactivity between these topotypes and prototype JC virus. ..
- Wang F, Corbett D, Osuga H, Osuga S, Ikeda J, Slack R, et al. Inhibition of cyclin-dependent kinases improves CA1 neuronal survival and behavioral performance after global ischemia in the rat. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2002;22:171-82 pubmed..These results indicate that cyclin-dependent kinase inhibition provides an extended period of morphologic and functional neuroprotection that may allow time for other neuroprotective modalities to be introduced. ..
- Ingram Crooks J, Holcik M, Drmanic S, MacKenzie A. Distinct expression of neuronal apoptosis inhibitory protein (NAIP) during murine development. Neuroreport. 2002;13:397-402 pubmed..If motor neuron attrition occurs in the second and third trimester of gestation in SMA, the observation of NAIP transcription in the mouse spinal cord between E9.5 and E14.5 is consistent with a role for NAIP in modifying this disorder. ..
- Tran K, Thorne Tjomsland G, DeLong C, Cui Z, Shan J, Burton L, et al. Intracellular assembly of very low density lipoproteins containing apolipoprotein B100 in rat hepatoma McA-RH7777 cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:31187-200 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that VLDL assembly in McA-RH7777 cells takes place in compartments at the distal end of the secretory pathway. ..
- Wu S, Ma C, Kelly J. Contribution of AMPA, NMDA, and GABA(A) receptors to temporal pattern of postsynaptic responses in the inferior colliculus of the rat. J Neurosci. 2004;24:4625-34 pubmed..The results indicate that GABA(A) receptor-mediated inhibition plays a crucial role in maintaining the balance of excitation and inhibition and in allowing ICC neurons to process temporal information more precisely. ..
- Wang Y, Dakubo G, Thurig S, Mazerolle C, Wallace V. Retinal ganglion cell-derived sonic hedgehog locally controls proliferation and the timing of RGC development in the embryonic mouse retina. Development. 2005;132:5103-13 pubmed
- Pratt M, Tibbo E, Robertson S, Jansson D, Hurst K, Perez Iratxeta C, et al. The canonical NF-kappaB pathway is required for formation of luminal mammary neoplasias and is activated in the mammary progenitor population. Oncogene. 2009;28:2710-22 pubmed publisher..Together these data suggest that the canonical NF-kappaB pathway is active in normal luminal progenitor cells before transformation and is required for the formation of mammary luminal-type epithelial neoplasias. ..
- Zhang D, Popesku J, Martyniuk C, Xiong H, Duarte Guterman P, Yao L, et al. Profiling neuroendocrine gene expression changes following fadrozole-induced estrogen decline in the female goldfish. Physiol Genomics. 2009;38:351-61 pubmed publisher..These data have implications for our understanding of estrogen actions in the adult vertebrate brain. ..
- Rundle H, Chenoweth S, Blows M. The diversification of mate preferences by natural and sexual selection. J Evol Biol. 2009;22:1608-15 pubmed publisher..Determining the generality of this result will require data from various species across a range of novel environments. ..
- Sattar S, Ali M, Tetro J. In vivo comparison of two human norovirus surrogates for testing ethanol-based handrubs: the mouse chasing the cat!. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17340 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate the need for a review of the continuing use of FCV as a surrogate for HuNoV. ..
- Mahoney D, Lefebvre C, Allan K, Brun J, Sanaei C, Baird S, et al. Virus-tumor interactome screen reveals ER stress response can reprogram resistant cancers for oncolytic virus-triggered caspase-2 cell death. Cancer Cell. 2011;20:443-56 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates proof of concept for using functional genomics to improve biotherapeutic agents for cancer. ..
- Duong T, Gomez A, Sherratt T. Response of adult dragonflies to artificial prey of different size and colour. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179483 pubmed publisher..However, while the nature of this selectivity varies among dragonfly species, there is little evidence that classic black/yellow warning signals deter attack by these aerial invertebrate predators. ..
- Hryniuk A, Grainger S, Savory J, Lohnes D. Cdx function is required for maintenance of intestinal identity in the adult. Dev Biol. 2012;363:426-37 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Cdx2 is essential for differentiation of the small intestinal epithelium, and that both Cdx1 and Cdx2 contribute to homeostasis of the colon. ..
- Joselin A, Hewitt S, Callaghan S, Kim R, Chung Y, Mak T, et al. ROS-dependent regulation of Parkin and DJ-1 localization during oxidative stress in neurons. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:4888-903 pubmed publisher..These results not only highlight the presence of a Parkin/Pink1-mediated pathway of mitochondrial quality control (MQC) in neurons, they also delineate a complex reciprocal relationship between DJ-1 and the Pink1/Parkin pathway of MQC. ..
- Liston P, Lefebvre C, Fong W, Xuan J, Korneluk R. Genomic characterization of the mouse inhibitor of apoptosis protein 1 and 2 genes. Genomics. 1997;46:495-503 pubmed..Sequencing of the complete Miap1 and Miap2 cDNAs revealed an unusually long 5' untranslated region in the Miap2 transcript, which may indicate nonscanning ribosomal initiation of translation. ..
- Poon R, Chu I. Effects of potassium antimony tartrate on rat erythrocyte phosphofructokinase activity. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 1998;12:227-33 pubmed..The weak effect of Sb on glycolysis in erythrocytes may be due in part to the protective effect of hemoglobin and, to a lesser extent, glutathione on PFK. ..
- Labinaz M, Hoffert C, Pels K, Aggarwal S, Pepinsky R, Leone D, et al. Infusion of an antialpha4 integrin antibody is associated with less neoadventitial formation after balloon injury of porcine coronary arteries. Can J Cardiol. 2000;16:187-96 pubmed..This novel therapy may play an important role in modulating arterial remodelling and thereby may reduce restenosis following percutaneous coronary interventions in humans. ..
- Davis H, Suparto I, Weeratna R, Jumintarto -, Iskandriati D, Chamzah S, et al. CpG DNA overcomes hyporesponsiveness to hepatitis B vaccine in orangutans. Vaccine. 2000;18:1920-4 pubmed..This is the first demonstration of CpG DNA in a great ape and the results have important implications for the vaccination of humans against HBV and other diseases. ..
- Bertinato J, Tomlinson J, Schild Poulter C, Haché R. Evidence implicating Ku antigen as a structural factor in RNA polymerase II-mediated transcription. Gene. 2003;302:53-64 pubmed..These results suggest a preferential targeting of Ku to transcriptionally active chromatin that indicate a possible function for Ku within the RNA polymerase II holoenzyme. ..
- Chen W, Kuolee R, Shen H, Busa M, Conlan J. Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) plays a relatively minor role in murine defense against primary intradermal infection with Francisella tularensis LVS. Immunol Lett. 2005;97:151-4 pubmed
- Strom A, Diecke S, Hunsmann G, Stuke A. Identification of prion protein binding proteins by combined use of far-Western immunoblotting, two dimensional gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometry. Proteomics. 2006;6:26-34 pubmed..Especially the application of this technique to investigate other neurodegenerative diseases is promising. ..
- Grenier G, Scime A, Le Grand F, Asakura A, Perez Iratxeta C, Andrade Navarro M, et al. Resident endothelial precursors in muscle, adipose, and dermis contribute to postnatal vasculogenesis. Stem Cells. 2007;25:3101-10 pubmed..This finding is of particular interest since it could bring new insight in cancer angiogenesis and collateral blood vessels developed following ischemia. Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Trifaro J, Gasman S, Gutierrez L. Cytoskeletal control of vesicle transport and exocytosis in chromaffin cells. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2008;192:165-72 pubmed
- Martina M, Bergeron R. D1 and D4 dopaminergic receptor interplay mediates coincident G protein-independent and dependent regulation of glutamate NMDA receptors in the lateral amygdala. J Neurochem. 2008;106:2421-35 pubmed publisher..The results of our investigation show for the first time a functional interplay between D1R and D4R that mediates coincident G protein-independent and dependent regulation of NMDARs. ..
- Mennigen J, Martyniuk C, Crump K, Xiong H, Zhao E, Popesku J, et al. Effects of fluoxetine on the reproductive axis of female goldfish (Carassius auratus). Physiol Genomics. 2008;35:273-82 pubmed publisher..We discuss these findings in the context of endocrine disruption because fluoxetine has been detected in the environment...
- Nikolaeva M, Richard S, Mouihate A, Stys P. Effects of the noradrenergic system in rat white matter exposed to oxygen-glucose deprivation in vitro. J Neurosci. 2009;29:1796-804 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the noradrenergic system plays an active role in the pathophysiology of axonal ischemia and that alpha2 receptor modulation may be useful against white matter injury. ..
- Sun H, Wu S. The physiological role of pre- and postsynaptic GABA(B) receptors in membrane excitability and synaptic transmission of neurons in the rat's dorsal cortex of the inferior colliculus. Neuroscience. 2009;160:198-211 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that fast glutamatergic and GABAergic synaptic transmission in ICD can be modulated by presynaptic GABA(B) receptors. ..
- Albaghdadi H, Robinson N, Finlay B, Krishnan L, Sad S. Selectively reduced intracellular proliferation of Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium within APCs limits antigen presentation and development of a rapid CD8 T cell response. J Immunol. 2009;183:3778-87 pubmed publisher..monocytogenes. Taken together, this study reveals a dichotomy in the proliferation of ST and indicates that selectively reduced intracellular proliferation of virulent pathogens may be an important mechanism of immune evasion. ..
- Pelletier G, Rigden M, Poon R. Diesel and biodiesels induce hepatic palmitoyl-CoA oxidase enzymatic activity through different molecular mechanisms in rats. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2012;26:235-40 pubmed publisher..Further studies will be required to precisely determine the molecular mechanisms by which diesel and biodiesels induce palmitoyl-CoA oxidase activity in rat liver. ..
- Trinkle Mulcahy L. Resolving protein interactions and complexes by affinity purification followed by label-based quantitative mass spectrometry. Proteomics. 2012;12:1623-38 pubmed publisher..Benefits and drawbacks of the most popular labeling-based approaches are discussed here, and key steps/strategies for the use of labeling in quantitative immunoprecipitation experiments detailed. ..
- Krishnan L, Nguyen T, McComb S. From mice to women: the conundrum of immunity to infection during pregnancy. J Reprod Immunol. 2013;97:62-73 pubmed publisher..Murine feto-placental infection provides an effective way to evaluate new intervention strategies for managing infections during pregnancy, adverse fetal outcome and long-term effects on the offspring and mother. ..
- Wells G, Chernoff J, Gilligan J, Krause D. Does salmon calcitonin cause cancer? A review and meta-analysis. Osteoporos Int. 2016;27:13-9 pubmed publisher..A causal association between calcitonin use and malignancy is unlikely, as there is little biological plausibility. The preponderance of nonclinical and clinical evidence also does not favor a causal relationship. ..
- Shah P, Tanner M, Kovacevic I, Rankin A, Marshall T, Noblett N, et al. PCP and SAX-3/Robo Pathways Cooperate to Regulate Convergent Extension-Based Nerve Cord Assembly in C.Â elegans. Dev Cell. 2017;41:195-203.e3 pubmed publisher..Our results establish rosette-based CE as an evolutionarily conserved mechanism of nerve cord morphogenesis and reveal a role for SAX-3/Robo in this process. ..
- Cooke G. Differential effects of trilostane and cyanoketone on the 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-isomerase reactions in androgen and 16-androstene biosynthetic pathways in the pig testis. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1996;58:95-101 pubmed
- Cregan S, MacLaurin J, Craig C, Robertson G, Nicholson D, Park D, et al. Bax-dependent caspase-3 activation is a key determinant in p53-induced apoptosis in neurons. J Neurosci. 1999;19:7860-9 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that p53-induced cell death in postmitotic neurons involves a Bax-dependent caspase-3 activation, suggesting that these molecules are important determinants in neuronal cell death after injury. ..
- Weeratna R, Comanita L, Davis H. CPG ODN allows lower dose of antigen against hepatitis B surface antigen in BALB/c mice. Immunol Cell Biol. 2003;81:59-62 pubmed..These findings may have important immunological and economical consequences for vaccine development. ..