Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications255 found, 100 shown here
- Li M, Alls J, Avancini R, Koo K, Godt D. The large Maf factor Traffic Jam controls gonad morphogenesis in Drosophila. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:994-1000 pubmed..We propose that tj is a critical modulator of the adhesive properties of somatic cells, facilitating germline-soma interactions that are essential for germ cell differentiation. ..
- Bosanac I, Michikawa T, Mikoshiba K, Ikura M. Structural insights into the regulatory mechanism of IP3 receptor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1742:89-102 pubmed..This review aims to provide comprehensive overview of the current information available on the structure and function relationship of IP(3)R. ..
- Nguyen V, Chen S, Trinh J, Kim H, Coomber B, Dumont D. Differential response of lymphatic, venous and arterial endothelial cells to angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2. BMC Cell Biol. 2007;8:10 pubmed..Our results suggest that although both Ang1 and Ang2 can activate the Tie-2 receptor in bmLECs, Ang1 and Ang2 may have distinct roles in mesenteric lymphatic endothelial cells. ..
- He D, Chung M, Chan E, Alleyne T, Ha K, Miao M, et al. Comparative genomics of elastin: Sequence analysis of a highly repetitive protein. Matrix Biol. 2007;26:524-40 pubmed..The success of this approach for elastin offers a promising route to the elucidation of sequence, structure, function and evolutionary relationships for many other proteins with sequences of low complexity. ..
- Singh S, Gramolini A. Characterization of sequences in human TWIST required for nuclear localization. BMC Cell Biol. 2009;10:47 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates the presence of two putative NLS motifs in H-TWIST and suggests that these NLS sequences are functional. Furthermore, we identified and confirmed the interaction of TWIST with a novel protein candidate TCF-4. ..
- Artz J, Wernimont A, Dunford J, Schapira M, Dong A, Zhao Y, et al. Molecular characterization of a novel geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate synthase from Plasmodium parasites. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:3315-22 pubmed publisher..vivax GGPPSs both participate in the coordination of the third Mg(2+), an asparagine is featured as the last residue in human and yeast GGPPSs, resulting in a different manner of interaction with nitrogen-containing ligands. ..
- Lu T, Feng Z. A sodium leak current regulates pacemaker activity of adult central pattern generator neurons in Lymnaea stagnalis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18745 pubmed publisher..These findings identified the Na(+) leak conductance via the U-type channel, likely a NALCN-like channel, as one of the fundamental mechanisms regulating rhythm activity of pacemaker neurons and respiratory behaviour in adult animals. ..
- Radovani E, Cadorin M, Shams T, El Rass S, Karsou A, Kim H, et al. The carboxyl terminus of Rtt109 functions in chaperone control of histone acetylation. Eukaryot Cell. 2013;12:654-64 pubmed publisher..This is the first in vivo evidence for a role for Vps75 in H3K56ac. Taken together, our results contribute to a better understanding of chaperone control of Rtt109-mediated H3 acetylation. ..
- Sims R, van der Lee S, Naj A, Bellenguez C, Badarinarayan N, Jakobsdottir J, et al. Rare coding variants in PLCG2, ABI3, and TREM2 implicate microglial-mediated innate immunity in Alzheimer's disease. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1373-1384 pubmed publisher..These genetic findings provide additional evidence that the microglia-mediated innate immune response contributes directly to the development of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Letarte M, Vera S, Tran R, Addis J, Onizuka R, Quackenbush E, et al. Common acute lymphocytic leukemia antigen is identical to neutral endopeptidase. J Exp Med. 1988;168:1247-53 pubmed..The amino acid sequence translated from the CALLA cDNA revealed 100% identity with that of human neutral endopeptidase (NEP, enkephalinase). The distribution of CALLA antigen and NEP in normal tissues are similar. ..
- O Dowd B, Heiber M, Chan A, Heng H, Tsui L, Kennedy J, et al. A human gene that shows identity with the gene encoding the angiotensin receptor is located on chromosome 11. Gene. 1993;136:355-60 pubmed..PCR analysis of somatic cell lines found APJ-related sequences to be only present on chromosome 11, and high-resolution mapping by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) sublocalized APJ on band q12. ..
- Staub O, Dho S, Henry P, Correa J, Ishikawa T, McGlade J, et al. WW domains of Nedd4 bind to the proline-rich PY motifs in the epithelial Na+ channel deleted in Liddle's syndrome. EMBO J. 1996;15:2371-80 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the WW domains of rNedd4 bind to the PY motifs deleted from beta or gammaENaC in Liddle's syndrome patients, and suggest that Nedd4 may be a regulator (suppressor) of the epithelial Na+ channel. ..
- Dagnino L, Fry C, Bartley S, Farnham P, Gallie B, Phillips R. Expression patterns of the E2F family of transcription factors during mouse nervous system development. Mech Dev. 1997;66:13-25 pubmed..We conclude that individual E2F forms are differentially regulated during the development of distinct tissues, and especially during neuronal development. ..
- Privitera S, Prody C, Callahan J, Hinek A. The 67-kDa enzymatically inactive alternatively spliced variant of beta-galactosidase is identical to the elastin/laminin-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:6319-26 pubmed..Transfection of DA SMC additionally corrected their impaired elastic fiber assembly. These results conclusively identify the 67-kDa splice variant of beta-galactosidase as EBP. ..
- Seet L, Cho S, Hessel A, Dumont D. Molecular cloning of multiple isoforms of synaptojanin 2 and assignment of the gene to mouse chromosome 17A2-3.1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;247:116-22 pubmed..In addition, we have mapped synaptojanin 2 to mouse chromosome 17 band A2-3.1 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. ..
- Zwahlen C, Li S, Kay L, Pawson T, Forman Kay J. Multiple modes of peptide recognition by the PTB domain of the cell fate determinant Numb. EMBO J. 2000;19:1505-15 pubmed..Our results suggest a mechanism through which a single PTB domain might interact with multiple distinct target proteins to control a complex biological process such as asymmetric cell division. ..
- Lee J, Cornell K, Riscoe M, Howell P. Expression, purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of Escherichia coli 5'-methylthioadenosine/S-adenosylhomocysteine nucleosidase. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2001;57:150-2 pubmed..On the basis of density calculations, two monomers are predicted per asymmetric unit (Matthews coefficient, V(M) = 2.37 A(3) Da(-1)), with a solvent content of 48%. ..
- Jheon A, Ganss B, Cheifetz S, Sodek J. Characterization of a novel KRAB/C2H2 zinc finger transcription factor involved in bone development. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:18282-9 pubmed..These studies, therefore, have identified a novel zinc finger transcription factor in bone that can modulate Runx2 activity and osteogenic differentiation. ..
- Scorilas A, Kyriakopoulou L, Katsaros D, Diamandis E. Cloning of a gene (SR-A1), encoding for a new member of the human Ser/Arg-rich family of pre-mRNA splicing factors: overexpression in aggressive ovarian cancer. Br J Cancer. 2001;85:190-8 pubmed..Furthermore, the mRNA of the SR-A1 gene in these cell lines appears to increase by estrogens, androgens and glucocorticoids, and to a lesser extend by progestins. ..
- Zhang W, Betel D, Schachter H. Cloning and expression of a novel UDP-GlcNAc:alpha-D-mannoside beta1,2-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase homologous to UDP-GlcNAc:alpha-3-D-mannoside beta1,2-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase I. Biochem J. 2002;361:153-62 pubmed..2 may be responsible for the synthesis of the GlcNAc(beta1-2)Man(alpha1-)O-Ser/Thr moiety on alpha-dystroglycan and other O-mannosylated proteins. ..
- Tong J, Elowe S, Nash P, Pawson T. Manipulation of EphB2 regulatory motifs and SH2 binding sites switches MAPK signaling and biological activity. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6111-9 pubmed..The behavior of EphB2 variants with mutations in the JM region and kinase domains suggests an intricate pattern of regulation and target recognition by Eph receptors. ..
- Tsay M, Fatemi N, Narindrasorasak S, Forbes J, Sarkar B. Identification of the "missing domain" of the rat copper-transporting ATPase, atp7b: insight into the structural and metal binding characteristics of its N-terminal copper-binding domain. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1688:78-85 pubmed
- Garces R, Wu N, Gillon W, Pai E. Anabaena circadian clock proteins KaiA and KaiB reveal a potential common binding site to their partner KaiC. EMBO J. 2004;23:1688-98 pubmed..Notably, the functionally relevant residues Arg 69 of KaiA and Arg 23 of KaiB align well in space. The apparent structural similarities suggest that KaiA and KaiB may compete for a potential common binding site on KaiC. ..
- Smith C, Dho S, Donaldson J, Tepass U, McGlade C. The cell fate determinant numb interacts with EHD/Rme-1 family proteins and has a role in endocytic recycling. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3698-708 pubmed..In addition, we present evidence that Numb has a novel function in endosomal recycling and intracellular trafficking of receptors. ..
- Boggs J, Rangaraj G, Hill C, Bates I, Heng Y, Harauz G. Effect of arginine loss in myelin basic protein, as occurs in its deiminated charge isoform, on mediation of actin polymerization and actin binding to a lipid membrane in vitro. Biochemistry. 2005;44:3524-34 pubmed..Thus, this posttranslational modification of MBP, which occurs early in life and is increased in multiple sclerosis, attenuates the ability of MBP to polymerize and bundle actin, and to bind it to a negatively charged membrane. ..
- Dombrovski L, Dong A, Bochkarev A, Plotnikov A. Crystal structures of human sulfotransferases SULT1B1 and SULT1C1 complexed with the cofactor product adenosine-3'- 5'-diphosphate (PAP). Proteins. 2006;64:1091-4 pubmed
- Cheung M, Revers L, Perampalam S, Wei X, Kiarash R, Green D, et al. An evolved ribosome-inactivating protein targets and kills human melanoma cells in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:28 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the evolution of a scRIP template can lead to the discovery of novel cancer cell-targeted compounds and in the case of SLT-1A IYSNKLM can specifically kill human melanoma cells in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Rajan S, Sidhu S. Simplified synthetic antibody libraries. Methods Enzymol. 2012;502:3-23 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, these simplified methods rely on standard supplies, equipment, and methods that are accessible to any molecular biology laboratory. ..
- McIlwain D, Lang P, Maretzky T, Hamada K, Ohishi K, Maney S, et al. iRhom2 regulation of TACE controls TNF-mediated protection against Listeria and responses to LPS. Science. 2012;335:229-32 pubmed publisher..Our study has identified iRhom2 as a regulator of innate immunity that may be an important target for modulating sepsis and pathogen defense. ..
- Catalano A, O Day D. Nucleoplasmic/nucleolar translocation and identification of a nuclear localization signal (NLS) in Dictyostelium BAF60a/SMARCD1 homologue Snf12. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;138:515-30 pubmed publisher..Snf12 is the second Dictyostelium nucleolar protein for which its dynamics during mitosis have been investigated. ..
- Wood D, Moscarello M. The isolation, characterization, and lipid-aggregating properties of a citrulline containing myelin basic protein. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:5121-7 pubmed..Studies are underway to elucidate the mechanism by which this post-translational modification is generated. ..
- Hogg D, Gorin M, Heinzmann C, Zollman S, Mohandas T, Klisak I, et al. Nucleotide sequence for the cDNA of the bovine beta B2 crystallin and assignment of the orthologous human locus to chromosome 22. Curr Eye Res. 1987;6:1335-42 pubmed..2-q12.2. As one other human beta-crystallin, Hu beta A3/A1, has been mapped to chromosome 17, our results indicate that, unlike the tightly linked gamma-crystallins, the human beta-crystallins are not syntenic within the genome. ..
- Scherer S, Feinstein D, Oliveira L, Tsui L, Pittler S. Gene structure and chromosome localization to 7q21.3 of the human rod photoreceptor transducin gamma-subunit gene (GNGT1). Genomics. 1996;35:241-3 pubmed..In this report we have determined the complete structure of the GNGT1 gene and have localized it to human chromosome 7q21.3 using somatic cell hybrid and yeast artificial chromosome analysis. ..
- Belloni E, Muenke M, Roessler E, Traverso G, Siegel Bartelt J, Frumkin A, et al. Identification of Sonic hedgehog as a candidate gene responsible for holoprosencephaly. Nat Genet. 1996;14:353-6 pubmed..As detailed in the accompanying report, this role for SHH is confirmed by the detection of point mutations in hereditary HPE patients. ..
- Riazi M, Brinkman Mills P, Nguyen T, Pan H, Phan S, Ying F, et al. The human homolog of insect-derived growth factor, CECR1, is a candidate gene for features of cat eye syndrome. Genomics. 2000;64:277-85 pubmed..The location of this gene in the CES critical region and its embryonic expression suggest that the overexpression of CECR1 may be responsible for at least some features of CES, particularly the heart defects. ..
- Velazquez L, Gish G, van der Geer P, Taylor L, Shulman J, Pawson T. The shc adaptor protein forms interdependent phosphotyrosine-mediated protein complexes in mast cells stimulated with interleukin 3. Blood. 2000;96:132-8 pubmed..These results indicate that Shc undergoes an interdependent series of pTyr-mediated interactions in IL-3-stimulated mast cells, resulting in the recruitment of proteins that regulate the Ras pathway and phospholipid metabolism. ..
- Foussias G, Taylor S, Yousef G, Tropak M, Ordon M, Diamandis E. Cloning and molecular characterization of two splice variants of a new putative member of the Siglec-3-like subgroup of Siglecs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;284:887-99 pubmed
- Carbone M, Robinson B. Expression and characterization of a human pyruvate carboxylase variant by retroviral gene transfer. Biochem J. 2003;370:275-82 pubmed
- Rosonina E, Blencowe B. Analysis of the requirement for RNA polymerase II CTD heptapeptide repeats in pre-mRNA splicing and 3'-end cleavage. RNA. 2004;10:581-9 pubmed..However, the extent of this length requirement depends on specific sequence features within the pre-mRNA substrate. ..
- Guo M, Gorman P, Rico M, Chakrabartty A, Laurents D. Charge substitution shows that repulsive electrostatic interactions impede the oligomerization of Alzheimer amyloid peptides. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:3574-8 pubmed..The strong negative correlation between net charge and oligomerization indicates that electrostatic repulsion between A beta monomers impedes their association. ..
- Walker J, Altamentova S, Ezersky A, Lorca G, Skarina T, Kudritska M, et al. Structural and biochemical study of effector molecule recognition by the E.coli glyoxylate and allantoin utilization regulatory protein AllR. J Mol Biol. 2006;358:810-28 pubmed..Using sedimentation velocity, glyoxylate was shown to conformationally change the AllR tetramer as well as monomer and dimer resulting in altered outline of AllR molecules. ..
- Gonzalez C, Proudfoot M, Brown G, Korniyenko Y, Mori H, Savchenko A, et al. Molecular basis of formaldehyde detoxification. Characterization of two S-formylglutathione hydrolases from Escherichia coli, FrmB and YeiG. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:14514-22 pubmed..Thus, FrmB and YeiG are S-formylglutathione hydrolases with a Ser-His-Asp catalytic triad involved in the detoxification of formaldehyde in E. coli. ..
- Zougman A, Wisniewski J. Beyond linker histones and high mobility group proteins: global profiling of perchloric acid soluble proteins. J Proteome Res. 2006;5:925-34 pubmed
- Borgono C, Michael I, Shaw J, Luo L, Ghosh M, Soosaipillai A, et al. Expression and functional characterization of the cancer-related serine protease, human tissue kallikrein 14. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:2405-22 pubmed..These findings may have clinical implications for the management of cancer and other disorders in which KLK14 activity is elevated. ..
- Kim J, Lee C, Rath A, Davidson A. Recognition of non-canonical peptides by the yeast Fus1p SH3 domain: elucidation of a common mechanism for diverse SH3 domain specificities. J Mol Biol. 2008;377:889-901 pubmed publisher..Within this framework, dramatic alterations in SH3 domain specificity can be simply explained as a modulation of the binding strengths of these two surfaces. ..
- Noor A, Windpassinger C, Patel M, Stachowiak B, Mikhailov A, Azam M, et al. CC2D2A, encoding a coiled-coil and C2 domain protein, causes autosomal-recessive mental retardation with retinitis pigmentosa. Am J Hum Genet. 2008;82:1011-8 pubmed publisher..Identifying the function of CC2D2A, and a possible common pathway with CC2D1A, in correct neuronal development and functioning may help identify possible therapeutic targets for MR. ..
- Qiu L, Pashkova N, Walker J, Winistorfer S, Allali Hassani A, Akutsu M, et al. Structure and function of the PLAA/Ufd3-p97/Cdc48 complex. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:365-72 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the p97-PLAA interaction is important for a subset of PLAA-dependent biological processes and provides a framework to better understand the role of these complex molecules in the ubiquitin system. ..
- Morgan S, Al Abdul Wahid S, Woolley G. Structure-based design of a photocontrolled DNA binding protein. J Mol Biol. 2010;399:94-112 pubmed publisher..The structure-based approach suggests strategies for enhancing this activity and for producing a family of related photocontrolled proteins for manipulating bZIP activity...
- Peek J, Lee J, Hu S, Senisterra G, Christendat D. Structural and mechanistic analysis of a novel class of shikimate dehydrogenases: evidence for a conserved catalytic mechanism in the shikimate dehydrogenase family. Biochemistry. 2011;50:8616-27 pubmed publisher..The conservation of three-dimensional fold, active site architecture, and catalytic mechanism among members of the SDH family will facilitate the design of drugs targeting the shikimate pathway. ..
- Mak A, Pehar M, Nixon A, Williams R, Uetrecht A, Puglielli L, et al. Post-translational regulation of CD133 by ATase1/ATase2-mediated lysine acetylation. J Mol Biol. 2014;426:2175-82 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we suggest that lysine acetylation on predicted extracellular residues plays a key role in expression and trafficking of CD133 protein to the cell surface and can be targeted to disrupt CD133 regulation and function. ..
- Kala S, Cumby N, Sadowski P, Hyder B, Kanelis V, Davidson A, et al. HNH proteins are a widespread component of phage DNA packaging machines. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:6022-7 pubmed publisher..Bioinformatic analysis reveals that the role of HNH proteins in terminase function is widespread among long-tailed phages and is uniquely required for the activity of the Terminase_1 family of large terminase proteins. ..
- MacGregor T, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Giguere V. The murine gene for cellular retinoic acid-binding protein type II. Genomic organization, chromosomal localization, and post-transcriptional regulation by retinoic acid. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:7777-83 pubmed..These results suggest that the up-regulation of CRABP-II mRNA levels by RA is mainly controlled by a post-transcriptional mechanism. ..
- Reith A, Ellis C, Lyman S, Anderson D, Williams D, Bernstein A, et al. Signal transduction by normal isoforms and W mutant variants of the Kit receptor tyrosine kinase. EMBO J. 1991;10:2451-9 pubmed..These data suggest a diversity of normal Kit signalling pathways and indicate that W mutant phenotypes result from primary defects in the Kit receptor that affect its interaction with cytoplasmic signalling proteins. ..
- Giguere V, Shago M, Zirngibl R, Tate P, Rossant J, Varmuza S. Identification of a novel isoform of the retinoic acid receptor gamma expressed in the mouse embryo. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:2335-40 pubmed..Multiple RAR isoforms, each of which may play a unique or combinatorial role as a regulator of mammalian development, are thus expressed in the mouse embryo. ..
- Randazzo F, Khavari P, Crabtree G, Tamkun J, Rossant J. brg1: a putative murine homologue of the Drosophila brahma gene, a homeotic gene regulator. Dev Biol. 1994;161:229-42 pubmed..These patterns of brg1 expression are consistent with a possible role for brg1 in Hox gene regulation as well as in other regulatory pathways. ..
- Michalickova K, Susic M, Willing M, Wenstrup R, Cole W. Mutations of the alpha2(V) chain of type V collagen impair matrix assembly and produce ehlers-danlos syndrome type I. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:249-55 pubmed..Our findings show that heterozygous mutations of the COL5A2 gene can produce the EDS type I phenotype. They also suggest that type V collagen plays a more important role in collagen fibrillogenesis of dermis than that of bone. ..
- Shrode L, Gan B, D Souza S, Orlowski J, Grinstein S. Topological analysis of NHE1, the ubiquitous Na+/H+ exchanger using chymotryptic cleavage. Am J Physiol. 1998;275:C431-9 pubmed
- Donoviel D, Donoviel M, Fan E, Hadjantonakis A, Bernstein A. Cloning and characterization of Sel-1l, a murine homolog of the C. elegans sel-1 gene. Mech Dev. 1998;78:203-7 pubmed..5 and E17.5 in the acini of the pancreas, and moderate in the epithelial cells of the gut villi. We localized the SEL-1L protein to the cytosol, possibly in intracellular vesicles, in a beta-islet-derived tumor cell line (RinM). ..
- Maxwell K, Davidson A, Murialdo H, Gold M. Thermodynamic and functional characterization of protein W from bacteriophage lambda. The three C-terminal residues are critical for activity. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:18879-86 pubmed..Using secondary structure prediction as a guide, we also designed destabilized gpW mutants. The hydrophobic nature of the gpW C terminus caused these mutants to be degraded by the ClpP-containing proteases in Escherichia coli. ..
- Donaldson I, Friesen J. Zinc stoichiometry of yeast RNA polymerase II and characterization of mutations in the zinc-binding domain of the largest subunit. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:13780-8 pubmed..Core activity of the mutant enzyme was reduced 20-fold. We conclude that mutations in the zinc-binding domain can reduce core activity without altering the association of any of the subunits required for this activity. ..
- de Hoog C, Koehler J, Goldstein M, Taylor P, Figeys D, Moran M. Ras binding triggers ubiquitination of the Ras exchange factor Ras-GRF2. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2107-17 pubmed..We conclude that conformational changes induced by GTPase binding expose the DB and thereby target GRF2 for destruction. ..
- Pomès R, Roux B. Molecular mechanism of H+ conduction in the single-file water chain of the gramicidin channel. Biophys J. 2002;82:2304-16 pubmed..This mechanism offers a detailed molecular model for the rapid transport of protons in channels, in energy-transducing membrane proteins, and in enzymes. ..
- Ahn V, Faull K, Whitelegge J, Higginson J, Fluharty A, Prive G. Expression, purification, crystallization, and preliminary X-ray analysis of recombinant human saposin B. Protein Expr Purif. 2003;27:186-93 pubmed..The three-dimensional structure of saposin B protein will provide insights into how this 79 amino acid protein is able to solubilize relatively large membrane-bound lipid ligands. ..
- Hoeflich K, Tsukita S, Hicks L, Kay C, Tsukita S, Ikura M. Insights into a single rod-like helix in activated radixin required for membrane-cytoskeletal cross-linking. Biochemistry. 2003;42:11634-41 pubmed..Furthermore, deletion of this unusually long alpha-helical structure (radixin residues 314-411) prevents ERM membrane targeting in vivo. ..
- Irwin D. A second insulin gene in fish genomes. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2004;135:150-8 pubmed..The maintenance of two insulin genes within the fish suggests that the two genes have different functions. Thus the well-characterized insulin genes in some fish species may not be complete homologues of the human insulin gene. ..
- Pike K, Iacampo S, Friedmann J, Ratcliffe M. The cytoplasmic domain of Ig alpha is necessary and sufficient to support efficient early B cell development. J Immunol. 2004;172:2210-8 pubmed
- Qi J, Wang J, Romanyuk O, Siu C. Involvement of Src family kinases in N-cadherin phosphorylation and beta-catenin dissociation during transendothelial migration of melanoma cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1261-72 pubmed..Together, the data suggest a novel role for tyrosine phosphorylation of N-cadherin by Src family kinases in the regulation of beta-catenin association during transendothelial migration of melanoma cells. ..
- Leung E, Blom A, Clemenza L, Isenman D. The complement regulator C4b-binding protein (C4BP) interacts with both the C4c and C4dg subfragments of the parent C4b ligand: evidence for synergy in C4BP subsite binding. Biochemistry. 2006;45:8378-92 pubmed
- Wang Y, Loo T, Bartlett M, Clarke D. Correctors promote maturation of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR)-processing mutants by binding to the protein. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33247-51 pubmed..These results suggest that corrector molecules such as corr-4a interact directly with CFTR. ..
- Siu K, Lee J, Smith G, Horvatin Mrakovcic C, Howell P. Structure of Staphylococcus aureus 5'-methylthioadenosine/S-adenosylhomocysteine nucleosidase. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2008;64:343-50 pubmed publisher..coli enzyme. The implications of this structure for broad-based antibiotic design are discussed. ..
- Lam R, Romanov V, Johns K, Battaile K, Wu Brown J, Guthrie J, et al. Crystal structure of a truncated urease accessory protein UreF from Helicobacter pylori. Proteins. 2010;78:2839-48 pubmed publisher..On the basis of evolutionary conservation analysis, the structure reveals a probable binding surface for interaction with other urease components as well as key conserved residues of potential functional relevance. ..
- Syed M, Koyanagi S, Sharma E, Jobin M, Yakunin A, Levesque C. The chromosomal mazEF locus of Streptococcus mutans encodes a functional type II toxin-antitoxin addiction system. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:1122-30 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the MazEF TA module might represent a cell growth modulator facilitating the persistence of S. mutans under the harsh conditions of the oral cavity. ..
- Xu C, Bian C, Lam R, Dong A, Min J. The structural basis for selective binding of non-methylated CpG islands by the CFP1 CXXC domain. Nat Commun. 2011;2:227 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrate that CFP1 has a preference for a guanosine nucleotide following the CpG motif. ..
- Liu B, Engelmann B, Nash P. The language of SH2 domain interactions defines phosphotyrosine-mediated signal transduction. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:2597-605 pubmed publisher..This review provides a structural and biochemical overview of SH2 domain binding to phosphotyrosine-containing peptide motifs and discusses how the diverse set of SH2 domains is able to differentiate phosphotyrosine ligands. ..
- Jeon J, Arnold R, Singh F, Teyra J, Braun T, Kim P. PAT: predictor for structured units and its application for the optimization of target molecules for the generation of synthetic antibodies. BMC Bioinformatics. 2016;17:150 pubmed publisher..PAT also offers the pre-calculated results of 20,210 human proteins to accelerate common queries. PAT can therefore help to investigate large-scale structured domains and improve the success rate for synthetic antibody generation. ..
- Taylor R, Lambert M, Sexsmith E, Sadler S, Ray P, Mahuran D, et al. Cloning and expression of rat histidase. Homology to two bacterial histidases and four phenylalanine ammonia-lyases. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:18192-9 pubmed
- Snow B, Antonio L, Suggs S, Gutstein H, Siderovski D. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of rat Rgs12 and Rgs14. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;233:770-7 pubmed..We have also identified conserved regions in RGS12 which are similar to protein domains found in mouse rhophilin and coiled-coil proteins suggesting possible interactions with ras-like G-proteins. ..
- Kiefer F, Brumell J, Al Alawi N, Latour S, Cheng A, Veillette A, et al. The Syk protein tyrosine kinase is essential for Fcgamma receptor signaling in macrophages and neutrophils. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4209-20 pubmed
- Sengar A, Wang W, Bishay J, Cohen S, Egan S. The EH and SH3 domain Ese proteins regulate endocytosis by linking to dynamin and Eps15. EMBO J. 1999;18:1159-71 pubmed..The Ese1-Eps15 scaffold therefore links dynamin, epsin and other endocytic pathway components. ..
- Jin H, Xie Z, George S, O Dowd B. Palmitoylation occurs at cysteine 347 and cysteine 351 of the dopamine D(1) receptor. Eur J Pharmacol. 1999;386:305-12 pubmed
- Yousef G, Scorilas A, Magklara A, Soosaipillai A, Diamandis E. The KLK7 (PRSS6) gene, encoding for the stratum corneum chymotryptic enzyme is a new member of the human kallikrein gene family - genomic characterization, mapping, tissue expression and hormonal regulation. Gene. 2000;254:119-28 pubmed
- Mamelak D, Lingwood C. The ATPase domain of hsp70 possesses a unique binding specificity for 3'-sulfogalactolipids. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:449-56 pubmed..Mutagenesis showed that Arg(342) and Phe(198) are crucial for this process. SGL binding, mediated by these conserved residues within the ATPase domain of hsp70, implies that this binding specificity is evolutionarily conserved. ..
- Snow B, Brothers G, Siderovski D. Molecular cloning of regulators of G-protein signaling family members and characterization of binding specificity of RGS12 PDZ domain. Methods Enzymol. 2002;344:740-61 pubmed
- Pineda Lucena A, Liao J, Wu B, Yee A, Cort J, Kennedy M, et al. NMR structure of the hypothetical protein encoded by the YjbJ gene from Escherichia coli. Proteins. 2002;47:572-4 pubmed
- McCaw S, Schneider J, Liao E, Zimmermann W, Gray Owen S. Immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif phosphorylation during engulfment of Neisseria gonorrhoeae by the neutrophil-restricted CEACAM3 (CD66d) receptor. Mol Microbiol. 2003;49:623-37 pubmed..gonorrhoeae via either an efficient, ITAM phosphorylation-dependent process that resembles phagocytosis or a less efficient, tyrosine phosphorylation-independent mechanism. ..
- Su J, Luscher M, MacDonald K. Sequence of beta(2)-microglobulin from rhesus macaque ( Macaca mulatta) includes an allelic variation in the 3'-untranslated region. Immunogenetics. 2004;55:873-7 pubmed..Our findings contribute to the growing understanding of rhesus macaque histocompatibility antigens and antigen presentation, and to the phylogeny of beta(2)m in primates. ..