Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications122 found, 100 shown here
- Shojaei F, Saini S, Kaushik A. Unusually long germline DH genes contribute to large sized CDR3H in bovine antibodies. Mol Immunol. 2003;40:61-7 pubmed
- Kaniuk N, Vinogradov E, Whitfield C. Investigation of the structural requirements in the lipopolysaccharide core acceptor for ligation of O antigens in the genus Salmonella: WaaL "ligase" is not the sole determinant of acceptor specificity. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36470-80 pubmed..The data provide the first indication of a more complicated recognition process involving additional cellular components. ..
- Jørgensen R, Merrill A, Andersen G. The life and death of translation elongation factor 2. Biochem Soc Trans. 2006;34:1-6 pubmed
- Cockram G, Hogan M, Burnett H, Lu R. Identification and characterization of the DNA-binding properties of a Zhangfei homologue in Japanese pufferfish, Takifugu rubripes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;339:1238-45 pubmed..These findings suggest that the distinct property of the Zhangfei basic region is conserved during the evolution of vertebrates and that Zhangfei requires interaction with other proteins to regulate transcription from target promoters. ..
- Brown L, Jung K. Bacteriorhodopsin-like proteins of eubacteria and fungi: the extent of conservation of the haloarchaeal proton-pumping mechanism. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2006;5:538-46 pubmed..We show that only the most essential elements of the haloarchaeal proton-pumping machinery are conserved universally, and that a mere presence of these elements in primary structures does not guarantee the proton-pumping ability. ..
- Yuan J, Liakat Ali M, Taylor J, Liu J, Sun G, Liu W, et al. A guanylyl cyclase-like gene is associated with Gibberella ear rot resistance in maize (Zea mays L.). Theor Appl Genet. 2008;116:465-79 pubmed..graminearum. Zmgc1 is the first guanylyl cyclase gene characterized in maize and the first gene found to be associated with Gibberella ear rot resistance in this plant. ..
- Rahman L, McKay F, Giuliani M, Quirk A, Moffatt B, Harauz G, et al. Interactions of Thellungiella salsuginea dehydrins TsDHN-1 and TsDHN-2 with membranes at cold and ambient temperatures-surface morphology and single-molecule force measurements show phase separation, and reveal tertiary and quaternary associations. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1828:967-80 pubmed publisher..Single-molecule force spectroscopy of both proteins pulled from supported lipid bilayers indicated the induced formation of tertiary conformations in both proteins, and potentially a dimeric association for TsDHN-2. ..
- Côté O, Viel L, Bienzle D. Phylogenetic relationships among Perissodactyla: secretoglobin 1A1 gene duplication and triplication in the Equidae family. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2013;69:430-6 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings suggest that evolution of the SCGB1A1 gene may parallel the separation of caballine and non-caballine species amongst Equidae, and may indicate an expansion of function for SCGB1A1 gene products. ..
- Boulter Bitzer J, Lee H, Trevors J. Single chain variable fragment antibodies selected by phage display against the sporozoite surface antigen S16 of Cryptosporidium parvum. Exp Parasitol. 2010;125:124-9 pubmed publisher..parvum native proteins and sporozoites. Panning from naïve libraries was an useful method for isolation and identification of recombinant antibodies that have the potential for use in pathogen detection and immunotherapy. ..
- Wright P, Campbell A, Morgan R, Rosenberger A, Murray B. Dogmas and controversies in the handling of nitrogenous wastes: expression of arginase Type I and II genes in rainbow trout: influence of fasting on liver enzyme activity and mRNA levels in juveniles. J Exp Biol. 2004;207:2033-42 pubmed..The increase in liver arginase activity after a 6-week fast is due, in part, to an increase in the expression of Onmy-ARG02 mRNA levels...
- Currie H, Lightfoot J, Lam J. Prevalence of gca, a gene involved in synthesis of A-band common antigen polysaccharide in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 1995;2:554-62 pubmed..Because of the conservation of this gene, gca may be useful as a diagnostic tool for detecting the presence of P. aeruginosa as well as other Pseudomonas species. ..
- O Sullivan M, O Grady M, Pyle W, Dawson J. Evaluation of 10 genes encoding cardiac proteins in Doberman Pinschers with dilated cardiomyopathy. Am J Vet Res. 2011;72:932-9 pubmed publisher..Investigation of additional candidate gene coding and noncoding regions and further evaluation of the role of ?-actinin in development of DCM in Doberman Pinschers are warranted. ..
- Frirdich E, Whitfield C. Characterization of Gla(KP), a UDP-galacturonic acid C4-epimerase from Klebsiella pneumoniae with extended substrate specificity. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:4104-15 pubmed..Multicopy plasmid-encoded gla(KP) partially complemented a galE mutation in S. enterica and in K. pneumoniae; however, chromosomal gla(KP) could not substitute for galE in a K. pneumoniae galE mutant in vivo. ..
- Harauz G, Ishiyama N, Hill C, Bates I, Libich D, Fares C. Myelin basic protein-diverse conformational states of an intrinsically unstructured protein and its roles in myelin assembly and multiple sclerosis. Micron. 2004;35:503-42 pubmed..By solving the 3D structure of 18.5 kDa MBP and the effects of PTMs, we will attain a better understanding of myelin architecture, and of the molecular mechanisms that transpire in demyelinating diseases such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Qi M, Jun H, Forsberg C. Cel9D, an atypical 1,4-beta-D-glucan glucohydrolase from Fibrobacter succinogenes: characteristics, catalytic residues, and synergistic interactions with other cellulases. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:1976-84 pubmed publisher..This enzyme has an important role in crystalline cellulose digestion by releasing glucose from accessible cello-oligosaccharides...
- Richter C, Tanaka T, Yada R. Mechanism of activation of the gastric aspartic proteinases: pepsinogen, progastricsin and prochymosin. Biochem J. 1998;335 ( Pt 3):481-90 pubmed..The mechanism of activation of the gastric aspartic proteinases and the contribution of the prosegment to this mechanism are discussed, along with future directions for research. ..
- Firth M, Prando Moore D, Pei Y, Shewen P, Lo R, Yoo D, et al. Cloning of a gene fragment encoding bovine complement component C3d with expression and characterization of derived fusion proteins. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2006;114:61-71 pubmed..The boC3d fusion proteins expressed in this study will provide the basis for immunization trials in cattle and studies of receptor binding and cell activation of bovine lymphocytes. ..
- Hung C, Tsui K, Wilson J, Nawata C, Wood C, Wright P. Rhesus glycoprotein gene expression in the mangrove killifish Kryptolebias marmoratus exposed to elevated environmental ammonia levels and air. J Exp Biol. 2007;210:2419-29 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the findings support earlier studies demonstrating that the skin is an important site of ammonia excretion in K. marmoratus...
- Coneva V, Zhu T, Colasanti J. Expression differences between normal and indeterminate1 maize suggest downstream targets of ID1, a floral transition regulator in maize. J Exp Bot. 2007;58:3679-93 pubmed..Only a few genes showed expression differences, suggesting that ID1 acts in a novel autonomous floral induction pathway that is distinct from the photoperiod induction pathway. ..
- Reinprecht Y, Luk Labey S, Yu K, Poysa V, Rajcan I, Ablett G, et al. Molecular basis of seed lipoxygenase null traits in soybean line OX948. Theor Appl Genet. 2011;122:1247-64 pubmed publisher..The seed lipoxygenase gene mutation-based molecular markers could be used to accelerate and simplify breeding efforts for soybean cultivars with improved flavor. ..
- Bourgault R, Bewley J. Variation in its C-terminal amino acids determines whether endo-beta-mannanase is active or inactive in ripening tomato fruits of different cultivars. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:1254-62 pubmed..Site-directed mutagenesis was used to establish key elements in the C terminus of the endo-beta-mannanase protein that are essential for full enzyme activity. ..
- McCartney A, Dyer J, Dhanoa P, Kim P, Andrews D, McNew J, et al. Membrane-bound fatty acid desaturases are inserted co-translationally into the ER and contain different ER retrieval motifs at their carboxy termini. Plant J. 2004;37:156-73 pubmed..Taken together, these data describe the insertion and retrieval mechanisms of FADs and define a new ER localization signal in plants that is responsible for the retrieval of escaped membrane proteins back to the ER. ..
- McFarlane H, Joseph N, Maddineni S, Ramachandran R, Bedecarrats G. Development, validation, and utilization of a novel antibody specific to the type III chicken gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2011;40:110-8 pubmed publisher..In summary, we successfully validated a novel antibody to cGnRH-R-III and showed levels of cGnRH-R-III protein in the pituitary fluctuate with respect to the reproductive status in both male and female chickens. ..
- Slaine P, Ackford J, Kropinski A, Kozak R, Krell P, Nagy E. Molecular characterization of pathogenic and nonpathogenic fowl aviadenovirus serotype 11 isolates. Can J Microbiol. 2016;62:993-1002 pubmed..Lastly, a protein produced early in infection was analyzed using bioinformatics to determine its role in disease. This study highlights several candidate molecular determinants of avian adenovirus genomes related to pathogenicity...
- Graham M, Lo R. A putative iron-regulated TonB-dependent receptor of Mannheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytica A1: possible mechanism for phase variation. Vet Microbiol. 2002;84:53-67 pubmed..The irp genes may represent contingency loci that play a role in iron acquisition during infection. ..
- Lin Z, Lou Y, Squires J. Molecular cloning and functional analysis of porcine SULT1A1 gene and its variant: a single mutation SULT1A1 causes a significant decrease in sulfation activity. Mamm Genome. 2004;15:218-26 pubmed..Our findings provide an important basis toward the goal of making it possible to predict the sulfation status in pigs and the development of genetic markers for low skatole. ..
- Wen L, Craig J, Dyce P, Li J. Cloning of porcine signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 cDNA and its expression in reproductive tissues. Reproduction. 2006;132:511-8 pubmed..The translocation of phosphorylated Stat3 from cytoplasm to nucleus following stimulation of EGF was also detected via immunocytochemistry. Our data suggests that Stat3 may play a role in porcine ovarian function. ..
- Alderman S, Klaiman J, Deck C, Gillis T. Effect of cold acclimation on troponin I isoform expression in striated muscle of rainbow trout. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;303:R168-76 pubmed publisher..Overall this study underscores the complex molecular composition of teleost striated muscle and suggests there is an adaptive value to the unique TnI profiles of each muscle type. ..
- Samborska B, Kimber M. A dodecameric CcmK2 structure suggests ?-carboxysomal shell facets have a double-layered organization. Structure. 2012;20:1353-62 pubmed publisher..This model also accurately predicts the observed shell thickness, implying that the ?-carboxysome shell is most likely organized as a double layer. ..
- Romantsov T, Stalker L, Culham D, Wood J. Cardiolipin controls the osmotic stress response and the subcellular location of transporter ProP in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12314-23 pubmed publisher..Mutations that block coiled-coil formation may also block association of the C termini with the CL-rich membrane. ..
- Gong X, Bewley D. A GAMYB-like gene in tomato and its expression during seed germination. Planta. 2008;228:563-72 pubmed publisher..Expression of the LeGAMYB1 gene also occurs in the endosperm, but there is no correlation between its expression and GA-promoted expression of the cell-wall-degrading enzyme endo-beta-mannanase...
- Makvandi Nejad S, Sheedy C, Veldhuis L, Richard G, Hall J. Selection of single chain variable fragment (scFv) antibodies from a hyperimmunized phage display library for the detection of the antibiotic monensin. J Immunol Methods. 2010;360:103-18 pubmed publisher..IC(50) values ranged from 0.031 and 231 microM. A cross-reactivity assay against salinomycin, lasalocid A, kanamycin and ampicillin revealed that the two best binders were highly specific to monensin. ..
- Lum W, Robertson J, Van Raay T. Dishevelled2 is a stable protein during early zebrafish development. Zebrafish. 2011;8:65-71 pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, these results demonstrate that Dvl2 is a ubiquitous and stable protein and that Nkds may not always function to degrade Dvl proteins as a method of inhibiting Wnt signaling. ..
- Makvandi Nejad S, Fjallman T, Arbabi Ghahroudi M, Mackenzie C, Hall J. Selection and expression of recombinant single domain antibodies from a hyper-immunized library against the hapten azoxystrobin. J Immunol Methods. 2011;373:8-18 pubmed publisher..The IC(50) values of A27 and A85 V(H)Hs were 7.2 and 2.0?M, respectively. To our knowledge A85 is one of the highest affinity V(H)Hs that has yet been isolated against a hydrophobic hapten such as azoxystrobin. ..
- Taha Abdelaziz K, Perez Casal J, Schott C, Hsiao J, Attah Poku S, Slavi D, et al. Bactericidal activity of tracheal antimicrobial peptide against respiratory pathogens of cattle. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2013;152:289-94 pubmed publisher..bovis appears to be resistant. A non-synonymous SNP was identified in the coding region of the TAP gene, and the corresponding peptides vary in their bactericidal activity against M. haemolytica...
- Hwang Y, Pelitire S, Henderson M, Andrews D, Dyer J, Mullen R. Novel targeting signals mediate the sorting of different isoforms of the tail-anchored membrane protein cytochrome b5 to either endoplasmic reticulum or mitochondria. Plant Cell. 2004;16:3002-19 pubmed..Collectively, the results presented provide significant insight into the early biogenetic events required for entry of tail-anchored proteins into either the ER or mitochondrial targeting pathways...
- Folkl A, Wen X, Kuczynski E, Clark M, Bienzle D. Feline programmed death and its ligand: characterization and changes with feline immunodeficiency virus infection. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;134:107-14 pubmed publisher..Increased PD levels in lymphocytes from chronically FIV-infected cats suggests that alterations in T cell co-signalling may contribute to immune dysfunction in lentiviral infection...
- Lillie B, Keirstead N, Squires E, Hayes M. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in porcine mannan-binding lectin A. Immunogenetics. 2006;58:983-93 pubmed..These results indicate that some pigs have a miscoding defect in MBL-A and a possible expression defect in MBL-C, which are analogous to coding and promoter polymorphisms that affect human MBL-C. ..
- Larue K, Ford R, Willis L, Whitfield C. Functional and structural characterization of polysaccharide co-polymerase proteins required for polymer export in ATP-binding cassette transporter-dependent capsule biosynthesis pathways. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:16658-68 pubmed publisher..These experiments add further support for the model of an ABC transporter-PCP-OPX multiprotein complex that functions to export CPS across the cell envelope...
- Colasanti J, Tremblay R, Wong A, Coneva V, Kozaki A, Mable B. The maize INDETERMINATE1 flowering time regulator defines a highly conserved zinc finger protein family in higher plants. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:158 pubmed..These similarities between ID1 and closely related genes in other grasses point to possible similarities in function. ..
- Gomaa M, Barta J, Ojkic D, Yoo D. Complete genomic sequence of turkey coronavirus. Virus Res. 2008;135:237-46 pubmed publisher..TCoV genome structure and sequence was most similar, but distinct from, avian infectious bronchitis virus (IBV). This is the first complete genome sequence for a TCoV and confirms that TCoV belongs to group III coronaviruses...
- Ahmed M, De Avila M, Polverini E, Bessonov K, Bamm V, Harauz G. Solution nuclear magnetic resonance structure and molecular dynamics simulations of a murine 18.5 kDa myelin basic protein segment (S72-S107) in association with dodecylphosphocholine micelles. Biochemistry. 2012;51:7475-87 pubmed publisher
- Taylor V, Udaskin M, Islam S, Lam J. The D3 bacteriophage ?-polymerase inhibitor (Iap) peptide disrupts O-antigen biosynthesis through mimicry of the chain length regulator Wzz in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Bacteriol. 2013;195:4735-41 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa PAO1. ..
- Stewart C, Mackenzie C, Hall J. Isolation, characterization and pentamerization of alpha-cobrotoxin specific single-domain antibodies from a naïve phage display library: preliminary findings for antivenom development. Toxicon. 2007;49:699-709 pubmed
- Mine Y, Wei Zhang J. Identification and fine mapping of IgG and IgE epitopes in ovomucoid. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;292:1070-4 pubmed..These results provide useful information for the molecular design necessary to reduce the allergenicity of ovomucoid, and a better understanding of structure-function relationships of allergic epitopes in food proteins. ..
- Sharif S, Mallard B, Wilkie B. Characterization of naturally processed and presented peptides associated with bovine major histocompatibility complex (BoLA) class II DR molecules. Anim Genet. 2003;34:116-23 pubmed..These findings provide the foundation for future studies of molecular mechanisms of MHC-disease associations of cattle. ..
- Kant P, Liu W, Pauls K. PDC1, a corn defensin peptide expressed in Escherichia coli and Pichia pastoris inhibits growth of Fusarium graminearum. Peptides. 2009;30:1593-9 pubmed publisher..The data presented here suggest that the defensin PDC1 peptide of corn could be effectively used to restrict the disease caused by F. graminearum. ..
- Ren J, Prescott J. The effect of mutation on Rhodococcus equi virulence plasmid gene expression and mouse virulence. Vet Microbiol. 2004;103:219-30 pubmed..The gene induction pattern distinguishing these two groups paralleled their virulence in mice...
- Wenzel C, Daniels C, Keates R, Brewer D, Lam J. Evidence that WbpD is an N-acetyltransferase belonging to the hexapeptide acyltransferase superfamily and an important protein for O-antigen biosynthesis in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1. Mol Microbiol. 2005;57:1288-303 pubmed publisher..A modified pathway was proposed for the biosynthesis of UDP-d-Man(2NAc3NAc)A, in which WbpD is involved in the catalysis of the fourth step by acting as a UDP-2-acetamido-3-amino-2,3-dideoxy-d-glucuronic acid 3-N-acetyltransferase...
- Pei Y, Hodgins D, Lee C, Calvert J, Welch S, Jolie R, et al. Functional mapping of the porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus capsid protein nuclear localization signal and its pathogenic association. Virus Res. 2008;135:107-14 pubmed publisher..No reversion to functional NLS was detected in either mutant from any pig. These data demonstrate that N protein nuclear localization is indeed associated with viral pathogenesis and host response to PRRS. ..
- Boulter Bitzer J, Lee H, Trevors J. Single-chain variable fragment antibodies selected by phage display against the sporozoite surface antigen P23 Of Cryptosporidium parvum. J Parasitol. 2009;95:75-81 pubmed publisher..parvum. Panning from naïve libraries is a useful method for isolation and identification of recombinant antibodies that have the potential for use in pathogen detection and immunotherapy...
- Vengust M, Wen X, Bienzle D. Herpesvirus-associated neurological disease in a donkey. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2008;20:820-3 pubmed..The current case illustrates the potential of a novel asinine herpesvirus to induce neurological disease in donkeys and provides a large viral sequence allowing confident assignment of this virus to the subfamily Gammaherpesvirinae...
- Pasman Y, Saini S, Smith E, Kaushik A. Organization and genomic complexity of bovine lambda-light chain gene locus. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;135:306-13 pubmed publisher..Despite more potential germline encoded combinatorial diversity, restricted V(lambda)1-J(lambda)3-C(lambda)3 recombinations encode the most lambda-light chain repertoire in cattle. ..
- Revay T, Villagómez D, Brewer D, Chenier T, King W. GTG mutation in the start codon of the androgen receptor gene in a family of horses with 64,XY disorder of sex development. Sex Dev. 2012;6:108-16 pubmed publisher..Based upon our experimental data and the supporting literature, it appears that the AR is expressed as a full-length protein and in a functional form, and the observed phenotype is the result of reduced AR protein expression levels. ..
- Richardson L, Clendening E, Sheen H, Gidda S, White K, Mullen R. A unique N-terminal sequence in the Carnation Italian ringspot virus p36 replicase-associated protein interacts with the host cell ESCRT-I component Vps23. J Virol. 2014;88:6329-44 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insights into tombusvirus replication and the virus-induced remodeling of plant intracellular membranes, as well as normal ESCRT assembly in plants. ..
- Wootton S, Koljesar G, Yang L, Yoon K, Yoo D. Antigenic importance of the carboxy-terminal beta-strand of the porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus nucleocapsid protein. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2001;8:598-603 pubmed
- Sinclair P, Gilmore W, Lin Z, Lou Y, Squires E. Molecular cloning and regulation of porcine SULT2A1: relationship between SULT2A1 expression and sulfoconjugation of androstenone. J Mol Endocrinol. 2006;36:301-11 pubmed..Together, the results of this study suggest that differences in SULT2A1 expression can influence 5alpha-androstenone accumulation in fat. ..
- Finnigan D, Hanna W, Poma R, Bendall A. A novel mutation of the CLCN1 gene associated with myotonia hereditaria in an Australian cattle dog. J Vet Intern Med. 2007;21:458-63 pubmed..In mice, goats, Miniature Schnauzer dogs, and most affected humans, the disorder is caused by mutations in CLCN1, which encodes the skeletal muscle voltage-gated chloride channel, Cl1C-1...
- McGuire A, Keates R, Cook S, Mangroo D. Structural modeling identified the tRNA-binding domain of Utp8p, an essential nucleolar component of the nuclear tRNA export machinery of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;87:431-43 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that the positive-charge cleft of the C-terminal domain of Utp8p is involved in tRNA-binding. ..
- Ahmed M, Bamm V, Harauz G, Ladizhansky V. Solid-state NMR spectroscopy of membrane-associated myelin basic protein--conformation and dynamics of an immunodominant epitope. Biophys J. 2010;99:1247-55 pubmed publisher..These results are the first, to our knowledge, to provide atomic-level detail of a membrane-anchoring segment of MBP, and direct evidence of decreased MBP-membrane interaction after posttranslational modification. ..
- Carere J, Baker P, Seah S. Investigating the molecular determinants for substrate channeling in BphI-BphJ, an aldolase-dehydrogenase complex from the polychlorinated biphenyls degradation pathway. Biochemistry. 2011;50:8407-16 pubmed publisher..Substitution of His-20 and Tyr-290 in BphI led to significant reductions in aldehyde channeling efficiencies. A mechanism of substrate channeling involving these two gating residues is proposed. ..
- Bessonov K, Vassall K, Harauz G. Docking and molecular dynamics simulations of the Fyn-SH3 domain with free and phospholipid bilayer-associated 18.5-kDa myelin basic protein (MBP)-Insights into a noncanonical and fuzzy interaction. Proteins. 2017;85:1336-1350 pubmed publisher..This study thus provides a more-detailed glimpse into the context-dependent interaction dynamics and importance of the ?-sheets in Fyn-SH3 and proline-rich region of MBP. Proteins 2017; 85:1336-1350. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Culham D, Tripet B, Racher K, Voegele R, Hodges R, Wood J. The role of the carboxyl terminal alpha-helical coiled-coil domain in osmosensing by transporter ProP of Escherichia coli. J Mol Recognit. 2000;13:309-22 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the carboxyl terminal domain of ProP can form a homodimeric alpha-helical coiled-coil with unusual properties. They implicate the C-terminal domain in the osmotic activation of ProP. ..
- Lee C, Hodgins D, Calvert J, Welch S, Jolie R, Yoo D. Mutations within the nuclear localization signal of the porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus nucleocapsid protein attenuate virus replication. Virology. 2006;346:238-50 pubmed publisher..These results show that N protein nuclear localization is non-essential for PRRSV multiplication but may play an important role in viral attenuation and in pathogenesis in vivo...
- Xiao H, Nassuth A. Stress- and development-induced expression of spliced and unspliced transcripts from two highly similar dehydrin 1 genes in V. riparia and V. vinifera. Plant Cell Rep. 2006;25:968-77 pubmed publisher..The possible relation of these results with the difference in freezing stress tolerance between V. riparia and V. vinifera is discussed...
- Jun H, Qi M, Gong J, Egbosimba E, Forsberg C. Outer membrane proteins of Fibrobacter succinogenes with potential roles in adhesion to cellulose and in cellulose digestion. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:6806-15 pubmed..The candidate differential cellulose binding proteins of S85 and the mutants and the proteins induced by growth of S85 on cellulose provide the basis for dissecting essential components of the cellulase system of F. succinogenes...
- Kirby G, Mackay A, Grant A, Woods P, McEwen B, Khanna C, et al. Concentration of lipocalin region of collagen XXVII alpha 1 in the serum of dogs with hemangiosarcoma. J Vet Intern Med. 2011;25:497-503 pubmed publisher..Hemangiosarcoma (HSA) is a common malignancy of dogs with characteristic early, aggressive metastasis. Diagnosis of HSA is challenging because of lack of sensitive and specific diagnostic tests...
- Wang S, Munro R, Shi L, Kawamura I, Okitsu T, Wada A, et al. Solid-state NMR spectroscopy structure determination of a lipid-embedded heptahelical membrane protein. Nat Methods. 2013;10:1007-12 pubmed publisher..We determined the atomic resolution detail of the oligomerization interface of the ASR trimer, and the arrangement of helices, side chains and the retinal cofactor in the monomer. ..
- Heinrichs D, Monteiro M, Perry M, Whitfield C. The assembly system for the lipopolysaccharide R2 core-type of Escherichia coli is a hybrid of those found in Escherichia coli K-12 and Salmonella enterica. Structure and function of the R2 WaaK and WaaL homologs. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:8849-59 pubmed..Results of complementation analyses of E. coli K-12 and F632 waaL mutants suggest that structural differences between the WaaL proteins play a role in recognition of, and interaction with, terminal lipopolysaccharide core moieties. ..
- Willer D, McFadden G, Evans D. The complete genome sequence of shope (rabbit) fibroma virus. Virology. 1999;264:319-43 pubmed..SFV also encodes a type II DNA photolyase (S127L). Melanoplus sanguinipes entomopoxvirus encodes a similar protein, but SFV is the first mammalian virus potentially capable of photoreactivating ultraviolet DNA damage...
- Zachertowska A, Brewer D, Evans D. Characterization of the major capsid proteins of myxoma virus particles using MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. J Virol Methods. 2006;132:1-12 pubmed..These studies illustrate the conservation of Chordopoxvirion architecture and the methods that can be used to elucidate the proteins comprising these structures. ..
- Reid C, Blackburn N, Clarke A. Role of arginine residues in the active site of the membrane-bound lytic transglycosylase B from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Biochemistry. 2006;45:2129-38 pubmed..Replacement of Gln100, a residue that would appear to interact with the N-acetyl group on MurNAc, did not show any changes in substrate affinity or activity. ..
- Corredor J, Krell P, Nagy E. Sequence analysis of the left end of fowl adenovirus genomes. Virus Genes. 2006;33:95-106 pubmed..However, ORF 1C was absent in FAdV-4 and -10, but additional ORFs, most likely corresponding to duplicates of ORF 14, were observed in these viruses...
- Bakovic M, Fullerton M, Michel V. Metabolic and molecular aspects of ethanolamine phospholipid biosynthesis: the role of CTP:phosphoethanolamine cytidylyltransferase (Pcyt2). Biochem Cell Biol. 2007;85:283-300 pubmed..The goal is to obtain more insight into Pcyt2 catalytic function and regulation to facilitate a better understanding of the production of ethanolamine phospholipids via the CDP-ethanolamine branch of the Kennedy pathway. ..
- Liu J, Linher K, Li J. Porcine DAZL messenger RNA: its expression and regulation during oocyte maturation. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;311:101-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the porcine DAZL coding sequence is highly homologous to those reported for the human and mouse cDNAs, and that DAZL expression increases during oocyte maturation. ..
- Dee D, Filonowicz S, Horimoto Y, Yada R. Recombinant prosegment peptide acts as a folding catalyst and inhibitor of native pepsin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1794:1795-801 pubmed publisher..06 min(-1), five-fold lower than that of the wild-type. The observation that the mutant PS peptides retained their inhibition and folding-catalyst functionality suggests a high level of resilience to mutations of the pepsin PS. ..
- Rahman L, Chen L, Nazim S, Bamm V, Yaish M, Moffatt B, et al. Interactions of intrinsically disordered Thellungiella salsuginea dehydrins TsDHN-1 and TsDHN-2 with membranes - synergistic effects of lipid composition and temperature on secondary structure. Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;88:791-807 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this induced folding is enhanced at low temperatures, lending credence to the hypothesis that dehydrins stabilize plant outer and organellar membranes in conditions of cold. ..
- Wei Y, Shih J, Li J, Goodwin P. Two pectin lyase genes, pnl-1 and pnl-2, from Colletotrichum gloeosporioides f. sp. malvae differ in a cellulose-binding domain and in their expression during infection of Malva pusilla. Microbiology. 2002;148:2149-57 pubmed..gloeosporioides f. sp. malvae to be able to grow in host tissue under the different conditions present during the biotrophic and necrotrophic phases of infection...
- Weadge J, Clarke A. Neisseria gonorrheae O-acetylpeptidoglycan esterase, a serine esterase with a Ser-His-Asp catalytic triad. Biochemistry. 2007;46:4932-41 pubmed publisher..These data thus indicate that N. gonorrheae O-acetylpeptidoglycan esterase, and by analogy the CE-3 family of enzymes, function as serine esterases involving a Ser-His-Asp catalytic triad...
- Bedecarrats G, Kaiser U. Mutations in the human gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor: insights into receptor biology and function. Semin Reprod Med. 2007;25:368-78 pubmed..Furthermore, given that it was recently demonstrated that pharmacological chaperones can rescue altered receptor function in vitro, potential therapeutic approaches are also discussed. ..
- Corredor J, Garceac A, Krell P, Nagy E. Sequence comparison of the right end of fowl adenovirus genomes. Virus Genes. 2008;36:331-44 pubmed publisher..ORF content within the right end of the FAdV genomes varied among FAdVs, while the gene order and orientation of shared ORFs are conserved between different FAdVs...