Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence homology in Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Topic: amino acid sequence homology
- McGuire A, Keates R, Cook S, Mangroo D. Structural modeling identified the tRNA-binding domain of Utp8p, an essential nucleolar component of the nuclear tRNA export machinery of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;87:431-43 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that the positive-charge cleft of the C-terminal domain of Utp8p is involved in tRNA-binding. ..
- Poloumienko A, Coté A, Quee A, Zhu L, Bakovic M. Genomic organization and differential splicing of the mouse and human Pcyt2 genes. Gene. 2004;325:145-55 pubmed..Luciferase reporter analyses show that the Pcyt2 and PCYT2 promoters are strong promoters similar to other ubiquitous promoters, such as those of Pcyt1 and SV-40. ..
- Sharif S, Mallard B, Wilkie B. Characterization of naturally processed and presented peptides associated with bovine major histocompatibility complex (BoLA) class II DR molecules. Anim Genet. 2003;34:116-23 pubmed..These findings provide the foundation for future studies of molecular mechanisms of MHC-disease associations of cattle. ..
- Breitkreuz K, Allan W, Van Cauwenberghe O, Jakobs C, Talibi D, Andre B, et al. A novel gamma-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase: identification and expression of an Arabidopsis cDNA and potential role under oxygen deficiency. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:41552-6 pubmed..It is proposed that GHBDH and SSADH activities in plants are regulated in a complementary fashion and that GHBDH and gamma-hydroxybutyrate function in oxidative stress tolerance. ..
- Pasman Y, Saini S, Smith E, Kaushik A. Organization and genomic complexity of bovine lambda-light chain gene locus. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;135:306-13 pubmed publisher..Despite more potential germline encoded combinatorial diversity, restricted V(lambda)1-J(lambda)3-C(lambda)3 recombinations encode the most lambda-light chain repertoire in cattle. ..
- Clark S, Di Leo R, Van Cauwenberghe O, Mullen R, Shelp B. Subcellular localization and expression of multiple tomato gamma-aminobutyrate transaminases that utilize both pyruvate and glyoxylate. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:3255-67 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings, together with recent information about rice and pepper GABA-Ts, indicate that the subcellular distribution of GABA-T in the plant kingdom is highly variable...
- Lingohr E, Villegas A, She Y, Ceyssens P, Kropinski A. The genome and proteome of the Kluyvera bacteriophage Kvp1--another member of the T7-like Autographivirinae. Virol J. 2008;5:122 pubmed publisher..Bacteriophage Kvp1, the only bacteriophage isolated for one of its species, Kluyvera cryocrescens, is a member of the viral family Podoviridae...
- Wheaton S, Lambourne M, Sarson A, Brisbin J, Mayameei A, Sharif S. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of chicken MyD88 and TRIF genes. DNA Seq. 2007;18:480-6 pubmed..The chicken TRIF cDNA possessed an ORF of 2205 bp, encoding a predicted protein sequence of 735 aa, which shared 37.3% similarity and 28.9% identity to human TRIF protein sequence. TRIF was ubiquitously expressed in all tissues. ..
- Coubrough M, Bendall A. Impaired nuclear import of mammalian Dlx4 proteins as a consequence of rapid sequence divergence. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:3880-91 pubmed..Since impaired nuclear localization is unlikely to enhance the function of a nuclear transcription factor, these data point to reduced selection pressure as the basis for the rapid divergence of the Dlx4 gene within the mammalian clade. ..
- Currie H, Lightfoot J, Lam J. Prevalence of gca, a gene involved in synthesis of A-band common antigen polysaccharide in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 1995;2:554-62 pubmed..Because of the conservation of this gene, gca may be useful as a diagnostic tool for detecting the presence of P. aeruginosa as well as other Pseudomonas species. ..
- Mo B, Bewley J. Beta-mannosidase (EC 18.104.22.168) activity during and following germination of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) seeds. Purification, cloning and characterization. Planta. 2002;215:141-52 pubmed..With this report, the cloning of all three of the enzymes involved in galactomannan mobilization (endo beta-mannanase, alpha-galactosidase and beta-mannosidase) in tomato seeds has now been achieved. ..
- Heinrichs D, Monteiro M, Perry M, Whitfield C. The assembly system for the lipopolysaccharide R2 core-type of Escherichia coli is a hybrid of those found in Escherichia coli K-12 and Salmonella enterica. Structure and function of the R2 WaaK and WaaL homologs. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:8849-59 pubmed..Results of complementation analyses of E. coli K-12 and F632 waaL mutants suggest that structural differences between the WaaL proteins play a role in recognition of, and interaction with, terminal lipopolysaccharide core moieties. ..
- Kunte H, Crane R, Culham D, Richmond D, Wood J. Protein ProQ influences osmotic activation of compatible solute transporter ProP in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:1537-43 pubmed..ProQ may be a structural element that influences the osmotic activation of ProP at a posttranslational level. ..
- Culham D, Tripet B, Racher K, Voegele R, Hodges R, Wood J. The role of the carboxyl terminal alpha-helical coiled-coil domain in osmosensing by transporter ProP of Escherichia coli. J Mol Recognit. 2000;13:309-22 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the carboxyl terminal domain of ProP can form a homodimeric alpha-helical coiled-coil with unusual properties. They implicate the C-terminal domain in the osmotic activation of ProP. ..
- Wugeditsch T, Paiment A, Hocking J, Drummelsmith J, Forrester C, Whitfield C. Phosphorylation of Wzc, a tyrosine autokinase, is essential for assembly of group 1 capsular polysaccharides in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:2361-71 pubmed..Regulation by a post-translational phosphorylation event represents a new dimension in the assembly of bacterial cell-surface polysaccharides. ..
- Feurtado J, Banik M, Bewley J. The cloning and characterization of alpha-galactosidase present during and following germination of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) seed. J Exp Bot. 2001;52:1239-49 pubmed..From Northern hybridization studies it is evident that alpha-galactosidase transcripts are present in the lateral and micropylar endosperm during and following germination, and also to a lesser extent in the embryo. ..
- Zachertowska A, Brewer D, Evans D. Characterization of the major capsid proteins of myxoma virus particles using MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. J Virol Methods. 2006;132:1-12 pubmed..These studies illustrate the conservation of Chordopoxvirion architecture and the methods that can be used to elucidate the proteins comprising these structures. ..
- Cockram G, Hogan M, Burnett H, Lu R. Identification and characterization of the DNA-binding properties of a Zhangfei homologue in Japanese pufferfish, Takifugu rubripes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;339:1238-45 pubmed..These findings suggest that the distinct property of the Zhangfei basic region is conserved during the evolution of vertebrates and that Zhangfei requires interaction with other proteins to regulate transcription from target promoters. ..
- Sinclair P, Gilmore W, Lin Z, Lou Y, Squires E. Molecular cloning and regulation of porcine SULT2A1: relationship between SULT2A1 expression and sulfoconjugation of androstenone. J Mol Endocrinol. 2006;36:301-11 pubmed..Together, the results of this study suggest that differences in SULT2A1 expression can influence 5alpha-androstenone accumulation in fat. ..
- Yethon J, Whitfield C. Purification and characterization of WaaP from Escherichia coli, a lipopolysaccharide kinase essential for outer membrane stability. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:5498-504 pubmed..These data are the first proof that WaaP is indeed an LPS kinase. Further, site-directed mutagenesis of a predicted catalytic residue suggests that WaaP shares a common mechanism of action with eukaryotic protein kinases. ..
- Finnigan D, Hanna W, Poma R, Bendall A. A novel mutation of the CLCN1 gene associated with myotonia hereditaria in an Australian cattle dog. J Vet Intern Med. 2007;21:458-63 pubmed..In mice, goats, Miniature Schnauzer dogs, and most affected humans, the disorder is caused by mutations in CLCN1, which encodes the skeletal muscle voltage-gated chloride channel, Cl1C-1...
- Yuan J, Liakat Ali M, Taylor J, Liu J, Sun G, Liu W, et al. A guanylyl cyclase-like gene is associated with Gibberella ear rot resistance in maize (Zea mays L.). Theor Appl Genet. 2008;116:465-79 pubmed..graminearum. Zmgc1 is the first guanylyl cyclase gene characterized in maize and the first gene found to be associated with Gibberella ear rot resistance in this plant. ..
- Qi M, Jun H, Forsberg C. Cel9D, an atypical 1,4-beta-D-glucan glucohydrolase from Fibrobacter succinogenes: characteristics, catalytic residues, and synergistic interactions with other cellulases. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:1976-84 pubmed publisher..This enzyme has an important role in crystalline cellulose digestion by releasing glucose from accessible cello-oligosaccharides...
- Saini S, Kaushik A. Extensive CDR3H length heterogeneity exists in bovine foetal VDJ rearrangements. Scand J Immunol. 2002;55:140-8 pubmed..The extensive CDR3H length heterogeneity early during the B-cell development may compensate for constraints imposed on antibody diversification owing to the limited germline sequence diversity of genetic elements in cattle. ..
- Willer D, McFadden G, Evans D. The complete genome sequence of shope (rabbit) fibroma virus. Virology. 1999;264:319-43 pubmed..SFV also encodes a type II DNA photolyase (S127L). Melanoplus sanguinipes entomopoxvirus encodes a similar protein, but SFV is the first mammalian virus potentially capable of photoreactivating ultraviolet DNA damage...
- Teoh M, Walasek P, Evans D. Leporipoxvirus Cu,Zn-superoxide dismutase (SOD) homologs are catalytically inert decoy proteins that bind copper chaperone for SOD. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:33175-84 pubmed..This reaction might be advantageous for tumorigenic poxviruses, since higher levels of superoxide have been proposed to have anti-apoptotic and tumorigenic activity...
- Richter C, Tanaka T, Yada R. Mechanism of activation of the gastric aspartic proteinases: pepsinogen, progastricsin and prochymosin. Biochem J. 1998;335 ( Pt 3):481-90 pubmed..The mechanism of activation of the gastric aspartic proteinases and the contribution of the prosegment to this mechanism are discussed, along with future directions for research. ..
- Shwed P, Dobos P, Cameron L, Vakharia V, Duncan R. Birnavirus VP1 proteins form a distinct subgroup of RNA-dependent RNA polymerases lacking a GDD motif. Virology. 2002;296:241-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the VP1 proteins of birnaviruses form a defined subgroup of polymerases that either are lacking the conserved RdRp motif VI or have repositioned this motif to different structural regions...