Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Publications1066 found, 100 shown here
- Sathya C, Sheshgiri R, Prodger J, Tumiati L, Delgado D, Ross H, et al. Correlation between circulating endothelial progenitor cell function and allograft rejection in heart transplant patients. Transpl Int. 2010;23:641-8 pubmed publisher..Converting to mTORi therapy may reduce EPC function and provide a novel mechanism to prevent rejection and possibly attenuate the development of CAV. ..
- Kontos P, Mitchell G, Mistry B, Ballon B. Using drama to improve person-centred dementia care. Int J Older People Nurs. 2010;5:159-68 pubmed publisher..As an enhancement of person-centred care, the support of embodied selfhood may significantly improve residents' quality of life, quality of care, and practitioners' care-giving experience. ..
- Merims S, Li X, Joe B, Dokouhaki P, Han M, Childs R, et al. Anti-leukemia effect of ex vivo expanded DNT cells from AML patients: a potential novel autologous T-cell adoptive immunotherapy. Leukemia. 2011;25:1415-22 pubmed publisher..These findings warrant studies further exploring the potential of DNT cells as a novel adjuvant immunotherapy to decrease the risk of relapse in patients with AML and, perhaps, other cancers. ..
- Webster F, Bremner S, McCartney C. Patient experiences as knowledge for the evidence base: a qualitative approach to understanding patient experiences regarding the use of regional anesthesia for hip and knee arthroplasty. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2011;36:461-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings also support the idea that from a patient's perspective, appropriate sedation while undergoing RA may be important. ..
- Pritchard K, Munro A, O Malley F, Tu D, Li X, Levine M, et al. Chromosome 17 centromere (CEP17) duplication as a predictor of anthracycline response: evidence from the NCIC Clinical Trials Group (NCIC CTG) MA.5 Trial. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;131:541-51 pubmed publisher..5. An appropriately powered meta-analysis is required to discriminate the predictive value of these three candidate markers. ..
- Alain C, McDonald K, Van Roon P. Effects of age and background noise on processing a mistuned harmonic in an otherwise periodic complex sound. Hear Res. 2012;283:126-35 pubmed publisher..e., 40 ms). Possible explanations for this duration-dependent age-related decline in concurrent sound perception are a general slowing in auditory processing and/or lengthening of the temporal integration window. ..
- Loutfy M, Raboud J, Wong J, Yudin M, Diong C, Blitz S, et al. High prevalence of unintended pregnancies in HIV-positive women of reproductive age in Ontario, Canada: a retrospective study. HIV Med. 2012;13:107-17 pubmed publisher..01). The prevalence of unintended pregnancy was high in this cohort. Pregnancy planning programmes are needed for this population to decrease fetal and maternal complications and reduce vertical and horizontal transmission. ..
- Domes T, Lo K, Grober E, Mullen J, Mazzulli T, Jarvi K. The utility and cost of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae screening of a male infertility population. Fertil Steril. 2012;97:299-305 pubmed publisher..These findings question the utility of CT/NG screening in this low-risk population and emphasize that decisions about the utility of screening must be based on the prevalence rates of the disease in the studied population. ..
- Metcalfe K, Mian N, Enmore M, Poll A, Llacuachaqui M, Nanda S, et al. Long-term follow-up of Jewish women with a BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation who underwent population genetic screening. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;133:735-40 pubmed publisher..Uptake of either surgery resulted in decreased distress. Provision of population BRCA testing resulted in reduced risks of breast and ovarian cancers in women with a mutation. ..
- Macmullin G, Mackenzie R, Lau R, Khang J, Zhang H, Rajwans N, et al. Host immune response in returning travellers infected with malaria. Malar J. 2012;11:148 pubmed..A more detailed understanding of the profiles of cytokines, chemokines, and endothelial activation may be useful in developing biomarkers and novel therapeutic approaches for malaria...
- Akbari M, Anderson L, Buchanan D, Clendenning M, Jenkins M, Win A, et al. Germline HOXB13 p.Gly84Glu mutation and risk of colorectal cancer. Cancer Epidemiol. 2013;37:424-7 pubmed publisher..These findings require further validation but may be of importance in the screening and genetic counseling of families known to carry the HOXB13 pGly84Glu mutation. ..
- Kuster S, Coleman B, Raboud J, McNeil S, De Serres G, Gubbay J, et al. Risk factors for influenza among health care workers during 2009 pandemic, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Emerg Infect Dis. 2013;19:606-15 pubmed publisher..9, 95% CI 0.7-1.0). Contact with persons with acute respiratory illness, rather than workplace, was associated with influenza infection. Adherence to infection control recommendations may prevent influenza among HCWs. ..
- Saposnik G, Cote R, Mamdani M, Raptis S, Thorpe K, Fang J, et al. JURaSSiC: accuracy of clinician vs risk score prediction of ischemic stroke outcomes. Neurology. 2013;81:448-55 pubmed publisher..Use of the risk stroke outcome tool may be superior for decision-making following an acute ischemic stroke. ..
- Peng H, Cameron B, Rhind S. Effects of Hyperbaric and Decompression Stress on Blood Coagulation and Fibrinolysis: Comparison of Thromboelastography and Thromboelastometry. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2016;22:327-39 pubmed publisher..Future studies will seek to further elucidate the changes in blood coagulation and fibrinolysis following varying levels of hyperbaric and decompression stress. ..
- Huzarski T, Byrski T, Gronwald J, Cybulski C, Oszurek O, Szwiec M, et al. The impact of oophorectomy on survival after breast cancer in BRCA1-positive breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2016;156:371-8 pubmed publisher..44; 95Â % CI 0.22-0.89; pÂ =Â 0.02). Among women with breast cancer and a BRCA1 mutation, survival is greatly improved by oophorectomy due to the prevention of deaths from both breast and ovarian cancer. ..
- Li A, Nowrouzi Kia B. Impact of Diabetes Mellitus on Occupational Health Outcomes in Canada. Int J Occup Environ Med. 2017;8:96-108 pubmed publisher..001). DM is associated with various occupational health outcomes, including work-related injury, work loss productivity, and occupation type. This allows stakeholders to assess the impact of DM on health outcomes in workplace. ..
- Solmesky L, Khazanov N, Senderowitz H, Wang P, Minassian B, Ferreira I, et al. A novel image-based high-throughput screening assay discovers therapeutic candidates for adult polyglucosan body disease. Biochem J. 2017;474:3403-3420 pubmed publisher..Our work paves the way to discovering medications for the treatment of PB-involving GSD, which are extremely severe or fatal disorders. ..
- Huber A, Lang B, LeBlanc C, Birdi N, Bolaria R, Malleson P, et al. Medium- and long-term functional outcomes in a multicenter cohort of children with juvenile dermatomyositis. Arthritis Rheum. 2000;43:541-9 pubmed..However, many patients continued to have chronic disease, persistent rash, and continued taking medications >3 years after diagnosis. Further research is needed to improve outcomes for patients with juvenile DM. ..
- Alfaidy N, Sun M, Challis J, Gibb W. Expression of membrane prostaglandin E synthase in human placenta and fetal membranes and effect of labor. Endocrine. 2003;20:219-25 pubmed..The differences in expression found among placenta, chorion, and amnion before and after labor would indicate that this enzyme is differentially regulated in these tissues at this time. ..
- Selkirk G, McLellan T, Wong J. Active versus passive cooling during work in warm environments while wearing firefighting protective clothing. J Occup Environ Hyg. 2004;1:521-31 pubmed..The current findings suggest that there is a definite advantage when utilizing forearm submersion compared with other methods of active or passive cooling while wearing FPC and SCBA in the heat. ..
- Pitson G, Robinson P, Wilke D, Kandel R, White L, Griffin A, et al. Radiation response: an additional unique signature of myxoid liposarcoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2004;60:522-6 pubmed..We performed a retrospective analysis of the response of a group of MLS tumors to preoperative RT using tumor dimensions calculated from pretreatment imaging and the subsequent surgical specimen obtained approximately 1 month after RT...
- Vidal L, Gillison M. Human papillomavirus in HNSCC: recognition of a distinct disease type. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2008;22:1125-42, vii pubmed publisher..A diagnosis of HPV-positive HNSCC is associated not only with therapeutic relevance, but also has important implications for future prevention and screening strategies. ..
- McIntyre R. Understanding needs, interactions, treatment, and expectations among individuals affected by bipolar disorder or schizophrenia: the UNITE global survey. J Clin Psychiatry. 2009;70 Suppl 3:5-11 pubmed publisher..Barriers to somatic health care access for those with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, as well as the impact of targeted interventions, warrant future research. ..
- Djordjevic B, Gien L, Covens A, Malpica A, Khalifa M. Polypoid or non-polypoid? A novel dichotomous approach to uterine carcinosarcoma. Gynecol Oncol. 2009;115:32-36 pubmed publisher..Patients with polypoid tumors may have a better survival outcome than those with non-polypoid tumors. ..
- Chow Y, Eber R, Tsao Y, Shotwell J, Wang H. Factors associated with the appearance of gingival papillae. J Clin Periodontol. 2010;37:719-27 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to evaluate factors associated with the fill of inter-dental spaces by gingival papillae...
- Klein C, Brooks D, Richardson D, McIlroy W, Bayley M. Voluntary activation failure contributes more to plantar flexor weakness than antagonist coactivation and muscle atrophy in chronic stroke survivors. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2010;109:1337-46 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that plantar flexor weakness in mobile chronic stroke survivors reflects mostly voluntary activation failure, with smaller contributions from antagonist activity and atrophy. ..
- Sivagangabalan G, Spears D, Masse S, Urch B, Brook R, Silverman F, et al. The effect of air pollution on spatial dispersion of myocardial repolarization in healthy human volunteers. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;57:198-206 pubmed publisher..Detection of changes in repolarization parameters, even in this small cohort of healthy individuals, suggests an underappreciated role for air pollutants in urban arrhythmogenesis. ..
- Mustard C, Bielecky A, Etches J, Wilkins R, Tjepkema M, Amick B, et al. Avoidable mortality for causes amenable to medical care, by occupation in Canada, 1991-2001. Can J Public Health. 2010;101:500-6 pubmed..Avoidable mortality is a valuable indicator of population health, providing information on outcomes pertinent to the organization and delivery of health care services. ..
- Mohamedali H, Breunis H, Timilshina N, Brandwein J, Gupta V, Minden M, et al. Older age is associated with similar quality of life and physical function compared to younger age during intensive chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Res. 2012;36:1241-8 pubmed publisher..Compared to younger adults, older adults tolerate intensive chemotherapy quite well from QOL and physical function perspectives. ..
- Mynard J, Wasserman B, Steinman D. Errors in the estimation of wall shear stress by maximum Doppler velocity. Atherosclerosis. 2013;227:259-66 pubmed publisher..Caution should be exercised when making assumptions about velocity profile shape to calculate WSS, even in vessels usually considered long and straight. ..
- Citerio G, Cypel M, Dobb G, Dominguez Gil B, Frontera J, Greer D, et al. Organ donation in adults: a critical care perspective. Intensive Care Med. 2016;42:305-315 pubmed publisher..Organ donation should be offered as a routine component of the end-of-life care plan of every patient dying in the ICU where appropriate, and intensivists are the key professional in this process. ..
- van der Tempel J, Noormohamed A, Schwartz R, Norman C, Malas M, Zawertailo L. Vape, quit, tweet? Electronic cigarettes and smoking cessation on Twitter. Int J Public Health. 2016;61:249-56 pubmed publisher..This underlines the need for effective public health engagement with social media to provide reliable information about e-cigarettes and smoking cessation online. ..
- Tennankore K, Kim S, Alwayn I, Kiberd B. Prolonged warm ischemia time is associated with graft failure and mortality after kidney transplantation. Kidney Int. 2016;89:648-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, warm ischemia time is associated with adverse long-term patient and graft survival after kidney transplantation. Identifying strategies to reduce warm ischemia time is an important consideration for future study. ..
- Rice T, Lerut T, Orringer M, Chen L, Hofstetter W, Smithers B, et al. Worldwide Esophageal Cancer Collaboration: neoadjuvant pathologic staging data. Dis Esophagus. 2016;29:715-723 pubmed publisher..These data will be the basis for the 8th edition cancer staging manuals following risk adjustment for patient, cancer, and treatment characteristics and should direct 9th edition data collection. ..
- Whittle W, Gibb W, Challis J. The characterization of human amnion epithelial and mesenchymal cells: the cellular expression, activity and glucocorticoid regulation of prostaglandin output. Placenta. 2000;21:394-401 pubmed..PG output and its regulation appears to differ within these two amnion cell types, dependent upon (1) substrate availability and (2) the regulation of PGHS activity. ..
- Lodha A, Satodia P, Whyte H. Fetal alcohol syndrome and pyloric stenosis: alcohol induced or an association?. J Perinat Med. 2005;33:262-3 pubmed..We speculate that pyloric stenosis in neonates results from the absence or immaturity of intrinsic nitric oxide synthase-containing neurons in the pyloric muscle in children of alcohol-addicted mothers. ..
- Squires A, Nasef N, Lin Y, Callum J, Khadawardi E, Drolet C, et al. Hemolytic disease of the newborn caused by anti-Wright (anti-Wra): case report and review of literature. Neonatal Netw. 2012;31:69-80 pubmed publisher..A positive DAT should alert the clinician to the presence of maternal antibodies against low-incidence antigens. Antibodies to the Wra antigen are one such rare cause of HDN. ..
- Pfeiffer S, Heinrich J, Beresheim A, Alblas M. Cortical bone histomorphology of known-age skeletons from the Kirsten collection, Stellenbosch university, South Africa. Am J Phys Anthropol. 2016;160:137-47 pubmed publisher..The regression approach is inappropriate. The field needs fresh approaches to statistical treatment and to factors behind cortical bone remodeling. ..
- Miniaci A, Mascia A, Salonen D, Becker E. Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder in asymptomatic professional baseball pitchers. Am J Sports Med. 2002;30:66-73 pubmed..The cause may be excessive traction on the posterior capsule during the pitching motion, with subclinical injury to this area. ..
- Purdue M. Predictors of sun protection in Canadian adults. Can J Public Health. 2002;93:470-4 pubmed..These findings suggest predictors of sun protection to be considered for the targeting of sun safety initiatives to Canadians with poor sun protection practices. ..
- Bogoch I, Raso G, N Goran E, Marti H, Utzinger J. Differences in microscopic diagnosis of helminths and intestinal protozoa among diagnostic centres. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2006;25:344-7 pubmed
- Mamo D, Kapur S, Keshavan M, Laruelle M, Taylor C, Kothare P, et al. D2 receptor occupancy of olanzapine pamoate depot using positron emission tomography: an open-label study in patients with schizophrenia. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008;33:298-304 pubmed..However, supplemental oral olanzapine or another dosing strategy may be necessary to maintain adequate therapeutic response during the first few injection cycles. ..
- Chakraborty S, Kassel E, Yu E. Nasopharyngeal liposarcoma MRI imaging features and a review of the literature. Br J Radiol. 2007;80:e145-6 pubmed..MR imaging revealed a fatty lesion in the nasopharynx. Subsequent tissue sampling and histopathology demonstrated features consistent with a liposarcoma. ..
- Lee Y, Tanaka M, Carvalho J. Sonoanatomy of the lumbar spine in patients with previous unintentional dural punctures during labor epidurals. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2008;33:266-70 pubmed publisher..07-22.0, P < .0001). Abnormal sonoanatomy of the ligamentum flavum may represent anatomical variations of this structure, which may be related to an increased incidence of unintentional dural punctures during epidural placements. ..
- Follwell M, Burman D, Le L, Wakimoto K, Seccareccia D, Bryson J, et al. Phase II study of an outpatient palliative care intervention in patients with metastatic cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:206-13 pubmed publisher..Randomized controlled trials are indicated to further evaluate the effectiveness of specialized outpatient palliative care. ..
- Bacal V, Rumohr J, Sturm R, Lipshultz L, Schumacher M, Grober E. Correlation of degree of penile curvature between patient estimates and objective measures among men with Peyronie's disease. J Sex Med. 2009;6:862-5 pubmed publisher..Objective measurement of penile angulation is necessary to accurately counsel patients regarding disease severity, recommend appropriate treatment strategies, and objectively evaluate outcomes following therapy. ..
- Thomas G, DiFabio J, Gori T, Jenkins D, Parker J. Continuous therapy with transdermal nitroglycerin does not affect biomarkers of vascular inflammation and injury in healthy volunteers. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;87:455-9 pubmed publisher..5). The present study documents that prolonged continuous therapy with transdermal GTN therapy is not associated with changes in markers of vascular inflammation and injury. ..
- Wagner D, Hanwell H, Vieth R. An evaluation of automated methods for measurement of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D. Clin Biochem. 2009;42:1549-56 pubmed publisher..3-17.5%, and 7.6-14.5%). DiaSorin LIAISON displayed the best correlation and agreement with DiaSorin RIA. The DiaSorin LIAISON 25 OH Vitamin D TOTAL assay is an accurate and precise automated tool for serum total 25(OH)D determination. ..
- Souza R, De Luca V, Meltzer H, Lieberman J, Kennedy J. Influence of serotonin 3A and 3B receptor genes on clozapine treatment response in schizophrenia. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2010;20:274-6 pubmed publisher..Further studies are necessary to confirm the reported associations. ..
- Vergara Fernandez O, Swallow C, Victor J, O Connor B, Gryphe R, Macrae H, et al. Assessing outcomes following surgery for colorectal cancer using quality of care indicators. Can J Surg. 2010;53:232-40 pubmed..001). The use of quality of care indicators to assess the quality of colorectal surgery is feasible. This study provides benchmarks that can be used to assess changes in the quality of CRC care at our institution. ..
- Fierstra J, Conklin J, Krings T, Slessarev M, Han J, Fisher J, et al. Impaired peri-nidal cerebrovascular reserve in seizure patients with brain arteriovenous malformations. Brain. 2011;134:100-9 pubmed publisher..Quantitative measurements of cerebrovascular reactivity using blood oxygen level-dependent MRI appear to correlate with seizure susceptibility in patients with brain arteriovenous malformation. ..
- Yu J, Bernstein M. Brain tumor patients' views on deception: a qualitative study. J Neurooncol. 2011;104:331-7 pubmed publisher..Patients prefer to have all the information necessary in order to make their own decision. ..
- Rawson J, Mrkonjic M, Daftary D, Dicks E, Buchanan D, Younghusband H, et al. Promoter methylation of Wnt5a is associated with microsatellite instability and BRAF V600E mutation in two large populations of colorectal cancer patients. Br J Cancer. 2011;104:1906-12 pubmed publisher..Concordant results were obtained in Newfoundland. Methylation of Wnt5a is associated with distinct tumour subtypes, strengthening the evidence of an epigenetic-mediated Wnt bias in CRC. ..
- Qureshi A, Smith A, Wright F, Brenneman F, Rizoli S, Hsieh T, et al. The impact of an acute care emergency surgical service on timely surgical decision-making and emergency department overcrowding. J Am Coll Surg. 2011;213:284-93 pubmed publisher..Further improvements could be made by improving time to imaging. Patients referred for nonperforated appendicitis with a fecalith on CT should have expedited surgery. ..
- Gagnon A, Lin J, Stergiou Kita M. Family members facilitating community re-integration and return to productivity following traumatic brain injury - motivations, roles and challenges. Disabil Rehabil. 2016;38:433-41 pubmed publisher..Family members requested further education on the long-term functional implications of TBI, how to navigate the health care system, how to access community programs and workers' rights to workplace accommodations. ..
- Wentlandt K, Seccareccia D, Kevork N, Workentin K, Blacker S, Grossman D, et al. Quality of Care and Satisfaction With Care on Palliative Care Units. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2016;51:184-92 pubmed publisher..The elements identified support the delivery of quality care. They may act as a guide for those planning to develop PCUs and form the basis for measures of satisfaction with care. ..
- Kiehl T, Chow E, Mikulis D, George S, Bassett A. Neuropathologic features in adults with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. Cereb Cortex. 2009;19:153-64 pubmed publisher..Both early developmental brain abnormalities and fetal and later microvascular pathology may play a role in the pathogenesis of the neuropsychiatric phenotype of 22qDS, including white matter abnormalities and schizophrenia. ..
- Dehdashti A, Ganna A, Witterick I, Gentili F. Expanded endoscopic endonasal approach for anterior cranial base and suprasellar lesions: indications and limitations. Neurosurgery. 2009;64:677-87; discussion 687-9 pubmed publisher..This approach should be included in the armamentarium of cranial base surgeons and considered as an option in the management of selected patients with these complex pathologies. ..
- Porepa L, Ray J, Sanchez Romeu P, Booth G. Newly diagnosed diabetes mellitus as a risk factor for serious liver disease. CMAJ. 2010;182:E526-31 pubmed publisher..Whether this reflects nonalcoholic fatty liver disease or direct glycemic injury of the liver remains to be determined. ..
- Dummer R, Schadendorf D, Ascierto P, Arance A, Dutriaux C, Di Giacomo A, et al. Binimetinib versus dacarbazine in patients with advanced NRAS-mutant melanoma (NEMO): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:435-445 pubmed publisher..Binimetinib might represent a new treatment option for patients with NRAS-mutant melanoma after failure of immunotherapy. Array BioPharma and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. ..
- Silversides C, Siu S, McLaughlin P, Haberer K, Webb G, Benson L, et al. Symptomatic atrial arrhythmias and transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects in adult patients. Heart. 2004;90:1194-8 pubmed..6, 95% CI 1.2 to 25.0) predicted AT after closure. Device closure of an ASD before the onset of atrial arrhythmias may protect against the subsequent development of arrhythmia, in particular in patients less than 55 years of age. ..
- Caprara D, Klein J, Koren G. Baseline measures of fatty acid ethyl esters in hair of neonates born to abstaining or mild social drinking mothers. Ther Drug Monit. 2005;27:811-5 pubmed..Mild infrequent maternal drinking does not elevate these baseline levels. This may help avoid false-positive determinations when assessing infants born to problem drinking mothers. ..
- Bedaiwy M, Casper R. Treatment with leuprolide acetate and hormonal add-back for up to 10 years in stage IV endometriosis patients with chronic pelvic pain. Fertil Steril. 2006;86:220-2 pubmed..One patient stopped her treatment on two occasions to conceive and was successful each time with delivery of a normal baby. No patient had return of pelvic pain after HT add-back. ..
- Vogt J, Ishii Schrade K, Pencharz P, Jones P, Wolever T. L-rhamnose and lactulose decrease serum triacylglycerols and their rates of synthesis, but do not affect serum cholesterol concentrations in men. J Nutr. 2006;136:2160-6 pubmed..Although these data are consistent with inhibition of TGFA synthesis by SCFA, other aspects of the metabolism of these sugars cannot be ruled out as putative agents of their TG-lowering effects. ..
- Steele C, Huckabee M. The influence of orolingual pressure on the timing of pharyngeal pressure events. Dysphagia. 2007;22:30-6 pubmed
- MacIntosh B, Baker S, Mraz R, Ives J, Martel A, McIlroy W, et al. Improving functional magnetic resonance imaging motor studies through simultaneous electromyography recordings. Hum Brain Mapp. 2007;28:835-45 pubmed..This simultaneous EMG and fMRI methodology has important applications where the amplitude or timing of motor output is impaired, such as after stroke. ..
- Young S, Pratt J, Chau T. Target-directed movements at a comfortable pace: movement duration and Fitts's law. J Mot Behav. 2009;41:339-46 pubmed publisher..These results show that movements of various speeds have predictable patterns of movement duration. The results also suggest that individuals adjust more than the implicit target size when changing their desired movement speed. ..
- Graff Guerrero A, Redden L, Abi Saab W, Katz D, Houle S, Barsoum P, et al. Blockade of [11C](+)-PHNO binding in human subjects by the dopamine D3 receptor antagonist ABT-925. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2010;13:273-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, [11C](+)-PHNO seems a suitable PET radiotracer to estimate D3 receptor occupancy in humans. ..
- Power S, Falk T, Chau T. Classification of prefrontal activity due to mental arithmetic and music imagery using hidden Markov models and frequency domain near-infrared spectroscopy. J Neural Eng. 2010;7:26002 pubmed publisher..2% +/- 7.0 across participants, with all participants significantly exceeding chance accuracies. The results suggest the potential of a two-choice NIRS-BCI based on cognitive rather than motor tasks. ..
- Soliman H, Gunasekara A, Rycroft M, Zubovits J, Dent R, Spayne J, et al. Functional imaging using diffuse optical spectroscopy of neoadjuvant chemotherapy response in women with locally advanced breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:2605-14 pubmed publisher..Responders and nonresponders were significantly different for all functional parameters at the 4-week scan, except for %water, which approached significance. Thus, DOS could be used as an early detector of tumor response. ..
- House R, Sauvé J, Jiang D. Noise-induced hearing loss in construction workers being assessed for hand-arm vibration syndrome. Can J Public Health. 2010;101:226-9 pubmed..Improved prevention of hearing loss in construction workers is needed. ..
- Ralhan R, He H, So A, Tripathi S, Kumar M, Hasan M, et al. Nuclear and cytoplasmic accumulation of Ep-ICD is frequently detected in human epithelial cancers. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14130 pubmed publisher..Development of a robust high throughput assay for Ep-ICD will facilitate the determination of its diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic relevance in epithelial cancers. ..
- Solish N, Swift A. An open-label, pilot study to assess the effectiveness and safety of hyaluronic acid gel in the restoration of soft tissue fullness of the lips. J Drugs Dermatol. 2011;10:145-9 pubmed..Adverse effects were transient and mostly mild to moderate in severity. Lip augmentation with SGP-HA was well tolerated and resulted in clinically meaningful increases in lip fullness. ..
- Yasufuku K, Nakajima T, Fujiwara T, Yoshino I, Keshavjee S. Utility of endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration in the diagnosis of mediastinal masses of unknown etiology. Ann Thorac Surg. 2011;91:831-6 pubmed publisher..It should be considered for evaluation of mediastinal masses of unknown origin early in the diagnoses process. It spares more invasive procedures for tissue sampling of the mediastinum. ..
- Palter V, Grantcharov T, Harvey A, Macrae H. Ex vivo technical skills training transfers to the operating room and enhances cognitive learning: a randomized controlled trial. Ann Surg. 2011;253:886-9 pubmed publisher..03). Technical skills training using a low fidelity synthetic simulator resulted in improved technical performance in the operating room, and enhanced the ability of residents to attend to cognitive components of surgical expertise. ..
- Florica B, Aghdassi E, Su J, Gladman D, Urowitz M, Fortin P. Peripheral neuropathy in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2011;41:203-11 pubmed publisher..There is a predilection for asymmetric and lower extremities involvement, especially peroneal and sural nerves. This manifestation of the disease has a significant impact on the patient's quality of life. ..
- Finkelstein M, Chapman K, McIvor R, Sears M. Mortality among subjects with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or asthma at two respiratory disease clinics in Ontario. Can Respir J. 2011;18:327-32 pubmed..Subjects with COPD need to be managed with attention devoted to both their respiratory disorders and related comorbidities. ..
- Strauss J, McGregor S, Freeman N, Tiwari A, George C, Kovacs M, et al. Association study of early-immediate genes in childhood-onset mood disorders and suicide attempt. Psychiatry Res. 2012;197:49-54 pubmed publisher..A three-way interaction was observed among HOMER1 rs4704560, rs2290639 and NPTX2 rs705318. The associations we describe for HOMER1 and NPTX2 with SA should be considered preliminary until replicated. ..
- Salomons T, Moayedi M, Weissman Fogel I, Goldberg M, Freeman B, Tenenbaum H, et al. Perceived helplessness is associated with individual differences in the central motor output system. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;35:1481-7 pubmed publisher..These data provide novel evidence that links individual differences in the motor output pathway with perceived helplessness over a chronic and poorly controlled stressor. ..
- Garcia Bailo B, Da Costa L, Arora P, Karmali M, El Sohemy A, BADAWI A. Plasma vitamin D and biomarkers of cardiometabolic disease risk in adult Canadians, 2007-2009. Prev Chronic Dis. 2013;10:E91 pubmed publisher..These findings may have public health implications when recommending vitamin D for the prevention of cardiometabolic disease and related conditions. ..
- Zhang A, Judson I, Benson C, Wunder J, Ray Coquard I, Grimer R, et al. Chemotherapy with radiotherapy influences time-to-development of radiation-induced sarcomas: a multicenter study. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:326-331 pubmed publisher..Anthracyclines and alkylating agents significantly contribute to the effect. This study confirms an association between chemotherapy given for the first malignancy and a shorter time to development of RIS. ..
- Randhawa A, Parikh J, Kuk J. Trends in medication use by body mass index and age between 1988 and 2012 in the United States. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184089 pubmed publisher..Further research may be required to assess accessibility and barriers to medication use among certain demographics. ..
- Alfuhaid T, Reinhold C. Pelvic actinomycosis associated with intrauterine device use: case report. Can Assoc Radiol J. 2003;54:160-2 pubmed
- Ghert M, Davis A, Griffin A, Alyami A, White L, Kandel R, et al. The surgical and functional outcome of limb-salvage surgery with vascular reconstruction for soft tissue sarcoma of the extremity. Ann Surg Oncol. 2005;12:1102-10 pubmed..Although function is not significantly worse after vascular reconstruction, the results are less predictable. ..
- Figueiredo J, Knight J, Cho S, Savas S, Onay U, Briollais L, et al. Polymorphisms cMyc-N11S and p27-V109G and breast cancer risk and prognosis. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:99 pubmed..g., using a tagSNP approach) in combination with other relevant genes is needed as well as consideration for treatment effects when assessing their potential role in prognosis. ..