Experts and Doctors on actinobacillus suis in Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Locale: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Topic: actinobacillus suis
- Ojha S, Hayes M, Turner P, MacInnes J. An experimental model of Actinobacillus suis infection in mice. Comp Med. 2007;57:340-8 pubmed..These experiments demonstrate that mice can be infected with A. suis and subsequently develop pneumonia and bacteremia comparable to that seen in pigs, suggesting that mice may be used as a model for studying infection in swine...
- MacInnes J, Gottschalk M, Lone A, Metcalf D, Ojha S, Rosendal T, et al. Prevalence of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, Actinobacillus suis, Haemophilus parasuis, Pasteurella multocida, and Streptococcus suis in representative Ontario swine herds. Can J Vet Res. 2008;72:242-8 pubmed..multocida and a move to less virulent A. pleuropneumoniae serovars. As well, there appears to be an increase in prevalence of S. suis serovar 2, 1/2, but this may be a reflection of the use of a more sensitive detection method...
- Lillie B, Hammermueller J, MacInnes J, Jacques M, Hayes M. Porcine mannan-binding lectin A binds to Actinobacillus suis and Haemophilus parasuis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2006;30:954-65 pubmed
- Ojha S, Lacouture S, Gottschalk M, MacInnes J. Characterization of colonization-deficient mutants of Actinobacillus suis. Vet Microbiol. 2010;140:122-30 pubmed publisher..Using fluorescent microscopy, a GST-OmpA fusion protein could be demonstrated to interact with the crypt epithelial cells of porcine palatine tonsil...
- Deutschmann R, Boncheff A, Daraban L, MacInnes J, Monteiro M. Common sialylated glycan in Actinobacillus suis. Glycobiology. 2010;20:1227-32 pubmed publisher..The ubiquitous expression of this sialylated glycan suggests that this carbohydrate may play an important role in the survival of A. suis in the host...