Experts and Doctors on dogs in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Locale: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Darvesh S, MacDonald S, Losier A, Martin E, Hopkins D, Armour J. Cholinesterases in cardiac ganglia and modulation of canine intrinsic cardiac neuronal activity. J Auton Nerv Syst. 1998;71:75-84 pubmed
- Tremere L, Pinaud R, Grosche J, Hartig W, Rasmusson D. Antibody for human p75 LNTR identifies cholinergic basal forebrain of non-primate species. Neuroreport. 2000;11:2177-83 pubmed..In contrast, 192-IgG did not label neurons in any species other than rat. Our findings suggest that ME 20.4-saporin could be used to produce cholinergic basal forebrain lesions in several non-primate species. ..
- Smith F, McGuirt A, Leger J, Armour J, Ardell J. Effects of chronic cardiac decentralization on functional properties of canine intracardiac neurons in vitro. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2001;281:R1474-82 pubmed
- Petter M, Musolino E, Roberts W, Cole M. Can dogs (Canis familiaris) detect human deception?. Behav Processes. 2009;82:109-18 pubmed publisher..Thus, the experiments indicate that dogs are sensitive to the correlation between cues and their outcomes but offer no support for the idea that dogs understand human intentionality. ..
- Noyce R, Delpeut S, Richardson C. Dog nectin-4 is an epithelial cell receptor for canine distemper virus that facilitates virus entry and syncytia formation. Virology. 2013;436:210-20 pubmed publisher..Finally, dog nectin-4 also promotes syncytia formation, which could be inhibited by siRNA treatment. These data confirm that dog nectin-4 can be used by CDV to gain entry into epithelial cells, and facilitate virus spread...
- Delpeut S, Noyce R, Richardson C. The V domain of dog PVRL4 (nectin-4) mediates canine distemper virus entry and virus cell-to-cell spread. Virology. 2014;454-455:109-17 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, four key amino acid residues within the V domain of dog PVRL4 and two within the CDV hemagglutinin were shown to be essential for receptor-mediated virus entry. ..