Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell adhesion molecules in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Locale: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Topic: cell adhesion molecules
- Lee S, Pohajdak B. N-terminal targeting of guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEF) for ADP ribosylation factors (ARF) to the Golgi. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 11):1883-9 pubmed..Furthermore, ARNO and ARNO3 N termini also have the same capability of targeting to the Golgi. We conclude that the N-terminal, (&agr;)-helical, coiled-coil domain is used to target this family of proteins to the Golgi complex. ..
- Zittermann S, Issekutz A. Basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF, FGF-2) potentiates leukocyte recruitment to inflammation by enhancing endothelial adhesion molecule expression. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:835-46 pubmed..Thus, although not directly proinflammatory, bFGF synergistically potentiates inflammatory mediator-induced leukocyte recruitment, at least in part, by enhancing CAM up-regulation on endothelium. ..
- Weppler A, Issekutz A. Alveolar epithelium down-modulates endotoxin-but not tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced activation of endothelium and selectively inhibits neutrophil transendothelial migration. Exp Lung Res. 2008;34:425-53 pubmed publisher..The authors' findings demonstrate a selective role for alveolar epithelial cells, via either direct cell-cell contact or yet-to-be-identified but short-range or short-lived product(s) in attenuating endothelial responses to endotoxin. ..
- Delpeut S, Noyce R, Richardson C. The V domain of dog PVRL4 (nectin-4) mediates canine distemper virus entry and virus cell-to-cell spread. Virology. 2014;454-455:109-17 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, four key amino acid residues within the V domain of dog PVRL4 and two within the CDV hemagglutinin were shown to be essential for receptor-mediated virus entry. ..
- Shang X, Lang B, Issekutz A. Adhesion molecule mechanisms mediating monocyte migration through synovial fibroblast and endothelium barriers: role for CD11/CD18, very late antigen-4 (CD49d/CD29), very late antigen-5 (CD49e/CD29), and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (CD106). J Immunol. 1998;160:467-74 pubmed..In addition to VCAM-1, other ligand(s) on HSF are also involved in the VLA-4-mediated migration. ..
- Lee S, Mansour M, Pohajdak B. B2-1, a Sec7- and pleckstrin homology domain-containing protein, localizes to the Golgi complex. Exp Cell Res. 2000;256:515-21 pubmed..Furthermore, transient transfection of GFP-tagged B2-1 shows Golgi complex targeting. Excessive overexpression of transfected B2-1 causes partial Golgi dispersion. ..
- Lin T, Garduno R, Boudreau R, Issekutz A. Pseudomonas aeruginosa activates human mast cells to induce neutrophil transendothelial migration via mast cell-derived IL-1 alpha and beta. J Immunol. 2002;169:4522-30 pubmed..These findings have important implications for diseases involving P. aeruginosa infection and suggest novel targets for modulating P. aeruginosa-induced inflammation. ..
- Brown M, Huang Y, Marshall J, King C, Hoskin D, Anderson R. Dramatic caspase-dependent apoptosis in antibody-enhanced dengue virus infection of human mast cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2009;85:71-80 pubmed publisher..Transfection of KU812 cells with L-SIGN/DC-SIGNR was able to overcome the requirement for antibody enhancement with regard to dengue virus infection and apoptosis. ..
- Noyce R, Richardson C. Nectin 4 is the epithelial cell receptor for measles virus. Trends Microbiol. 2012;20:429-39 pubmed publisher..Nectin 4 is also a tumor cell marker which is highly expressed on the apical surface of many adenocarcinoma cell lines, making it a potential target for MV oncolytic therapy...
- Noyce R, Delpeut S, Richardson C. Dog nectin-4 is an epithelial cell receptor for canine distemper virus that facilitates virus entry and syncytia formation. Virology. 2013;436:210-20 pubmed publisher..Finally, dog nectin-4 also promotes syncytia formation, which could be inhibited by siRNA treatment. These data confirm that dog nectin-4 can be used by CDV to gain entry into epithelial cells, and facilitate virus spread...