Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on site directed mutagenesis in Ontario, Canada
Locale: Ontario, Canada
Topic: site directed mutagenesis
- MacLennan D, Rice W, Odermatt A. Structure/function analysis of the Ca2+ binding and translocation domain of SERCA1 and the role in Brody disease of the ATP2A1 gene encoding SERCA1. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1997;834:175-85 pubmed
- Milne C, Segall J. Mapping regions of yeast transcription factor IIIA required for DNA binding, interaction with transcription factor IIIC, and transcription activity. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:11364-71 pubmed..The resultant TFIIIA.DNA complex was defective in recruiting TFIIIC and did not support transcription. ..
- Parks R, Evans D. Enhanced recombination associated with the presence of insertion and deletion mutations in poxvirus-infected cells. Virology. 1991;184:299-309 pubmed..The similarities between these observations and data derived from phage and fungal experiments also provide fundamental insights into the mechanism of poxviral recombination...
- Hsu E, D rig R, Sarangi F, Marcil A, Iorio C, Richardson C. Artificial mutations and natural variations in the CD46 molecules from human and monkey cells define regions important for measles virus binding. J Virol. 1997;71:6144-54 pubmed..Finally, the epitopes for two monoclonal antibodies which inhibit measles virus attachment were mapped to the same regions implicated by mutagenesis...
- Cowling R, Birnboim H. Preliminary characterization of the protein encoded by human testis-enhanced gene transcript (TEGT). Mol Membr Biol. 1998;15:177-87 pubmed..Further study will be required to determine the cellular function of TEGT. ..
- Hanna W, Tsushima R, Sah R, McCutcheon L, Marban E, Backx P. The equine periodic paralysis Na+ channel mutation alters molecular transitions between the open and inactivated states. J Physiol. 1996;497 ( Pt 2):349-64 pubmed..5. These results suggest that the highly conserved cytoplasmic end of the third transmembrane segment (S3) in the fourth internal repeat domain (domain IV) plays a critical role in Na+ channel inactivation...
- Ebanks R, Isenman D. Mouse complement component C4 is devoid of classical pathway C5 convertase subunit activity. Mol Immunol. 1996;33:297-309 pubmed..This implies that, in addition to the 455-469 beta-chain segment of human C4, there are other regions of the molecule contributing to C5 binding which are also non-conserved between human and mouse C4. ..
- Culham D, Hillar A, Henderson J, Ly A, Vernikovska Y, Racher K, et al. Creation of a fully functional cysteine-less variant of osmosensor and proton-osmoprotectant symporter ProP from Escherichia coli and its application to assess the transporter's membrane orientation. Biochemistry. 2003;42:11815-23 pubmed..These observations are consistent with the topology and orientation of ProP predicted by hydropathy analysis. ..
- Magoulas C, Bally Cuif L, Loverre Chyurlia A, Benkel B, Hickey D. A short 5'-flanking region mediates glucose repression of amylase gene expression in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1993;134:507-15 pubmed..These results indicate that glucose repression, in Drosophila, is mediated by transcriptional mechanisms that involve multiple, functionally redundant DNA elements. ..
- Nazi I, Wright G. Catalytic mechanism of fungal homoserine transacetylase. Biochemistry. 2005;44:13560-6 pubmed..These results form the basis of future exploitation of this enzyme as an antimicrobial target. ..
- Hu J, Xu Y, Schappert K, Harrington T, Wang A, Braga R, et al. Mutational analysis of the PRP4 protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae suggests domain structure and snRNP interactions. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:1724-34 pubmed..A model of interactions of snRNP components suggested by these results is presented. ..
- Taylor R, McInnes R. Site-directed mutagenesis of conserved serines in rat histidase. Identification of serine 254 as an essential active site residue. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:27473-7 pubmed..Stroh, J. G., and Phillips, A. T. (1993) Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 307, 126-132), is strong evidence that this residue is the precursor of the essential electrophilic moiety of histidase. ..
- Kuzmanov U, Jiang N, Smith C, Soosaipillai A, Diamandis E. Differential N-glycosylation of kallikrein 6 derived from ovarian cancer cells or the central nervous system. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:791-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the extensive and almost exclusive sialylation of KLK6 from ovarian cancer cells could lead to the development of an improved biomarker for the early diagnosis of ovarian carcinoma. ..