Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on messenger rna in Ontario, Canada
Locale: Ontario, Canada
Topic: messenger rna
- Campos R, Lee Y, Drucker D. Divergent tissue-specific and developmental expression of receptors for glucagon and glucagon-like peptide-1 in the mouse. Endocrinology. 1994;134:2156-64 pubmed
- Sunahara R, Guan H, O Dowd B, Seeman P, Laurier L, Ng G, et al. Cloning of the gene for a human dopamine D5 receptor with higher affinity for dopamine than D1. Nature. 1991;350:614-9 pubmed..The existence of a dopamine D1-like receptor with these characteristics had not been predicted and may represent an alternative pathway for dopamine-mediated events and regulation of D2 receptor activity. ..
- Owttrim G, Coleman J. Regulation of expression and nucleotide sequence of the Anabaena variabilis recA gene. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:5713-9 pubmed..coli-like lexA repressor-binding site is not present in the A. variabilis promoter region. The similarities of A. variabilis and E. coli recA expression and gene sequence are discussed. ..
- Lu Y, O Dowd B, Orrego H, Israel Y. Cloning and nucleotide sequence of human liver cDNA encoding for cystathionine gamma-lyase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;189:749-58 pubmed..The two forms of human cystathionase deduced from the two cDNA clones may be derived from two different genes or may be splice variants. ..
- Minassian B, Lee J, Herbrick J, Huizenga J, Soder S, Mungall A, et al. Mutations in a gene encoding a novel protein tyrosine phosphatase cause progressive myoclonus epilepsy. Nat Genet. 1998;20:171-4 pubmed..These mutations are predicted to cause deleterious effects in the putative protein product, named laforin, resulting in LD. ..
- Kiefer F, Tibbles L, Anafi M, Janssen A, Zanke B, Lassam N, et al. HPK1, a hematopoietic protein kinase activating the SAPK/JNK pathway. EMBO J. 1996;15:7013-25 pubmed..HPK1 therefore provides an example of a cell type-specific input into the SAPK/JNK pathway. The developmental specificity of its expression suggests a potential role in hematopoietic lineage decisions and growth regulation. ..
- Hartmann G, Cheung A, Piquette Miller M. Inflammatory cytokines, but not bile acids, regulate expression of murine hepatic anion transporters in endotoxemia. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;303:273-81 pubmed..In conclusion, cytokines are key mediators in regulating hepatic expression of anion transporters in inflammatory cholestasis, whereas bile acids likely play a minor role. ..
- Wang W, Dow K, Fraser D. Elevated corticotropin releasing hormone/corticotropin releasing hormone-R1 expression in postmortem brain obtained from children with generalized epilepsy. Ann Neurol. 2001;50:404-9 pubmed..5 years) relative to age-matched controls (mean age 7.8+/-1.4 years). In contrast, no significant difference in the expression of CRH-R2 was observed. The advent of CRH-R1 receptor antagonists may prove useful as novel anticonvulsants. ..
- Fam N, Fan W, Wang Z, Zhang L, Chen H, Moran M. Cloning and characterization of Ras-GRF2, a novel guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Ras. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:1396-406 pubmed..2 kb were detected in several tissues. Thus, Ras-GRF2 proteins with different domain structures may be widely expressed and couple diverse extracellular signals to Ras activation. ..
- Matsuyama T, Grossman A, Mittrucker H, Siderovski D, Kiefer F, Kawakami T, et al. Molecular cloning of LSIRF, a lymphoid-specific member of the interferon regulatory factor family that binds the interferon-stimulated response element (ISRE). Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:2127-36 pubmed..The expression pattern and DNA binding activities suggest that LSIRF plays a role in ISRE-targeted signal transduction mechanisms specific to lymphoid cells. ..
- Rajabian T, Gavicherla B, Heisig M, Müller Altrock S, Goebel W, Gray Owen S, et al. The bacterial virulence factor InlC perturbs apical cell junctions and promotes cell-to-cell spread of Listeria. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:1212-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that InlC promotes bacterial dissemination by relieving cortical tension, thereby enhancing the ability of motile bacteria to deform the plasma membrane into protrusions. ..
- Goodfellow N, Benekareddy M, Vaidya V, Lambe E. Layer II/III of the prefrontal cortex: Inhibition by the serotonin 5-HT1A receptor in development and stress. J Neurosci. 2009;29:10094-103 pubmed publisher..These data represent the first examination of functional 5-HT(1A) receptors in layer II/III of the prefrontal cortex during normal development as well as after stress. ..
- Jongstra Bilen J, Young A, Chong R, Jongstra J. Human and mouse LSP1 genes code for highly conserved phosphoproteins. J Immunol. 1990;144:1104-10 pubmed..This suggests that there are several LSP1-related genes present in the human genome. ..
- Shalev I, Liu H, Koscik C, Bartczak A, Javadi M, Wong K, et al. Targeted deletion of fgl2 leads to impaired regulatory T cell activity and development of autoimmune glomerulonephritis. J Immunol. 2008;180:249-60 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest that FGL2 contributes to Treg cell activity and inhibits the development of autoimmune disease. ..
- Kozlowski M, Mlinaric Rascan I, Feng G, Shen R, Pawson T, Siminovitch K. Expression and catalytic activity of the tyrosine phosphatase PTP1C is severely impaired in motheaten and viable motheaten mice. J Exp Med. 1993;178:2157-63 pubmed..These observations provide strong evidence that the motheaten phenotypic results from loss-of-function mutations in the PTP1C gene and imply a critical role for PTP1C in the regulation of hemopoietic differentiation and immune function. ..
- Wang B, Zhuang L, Fujisawa H, Shinder G, Feliciani C, Shivji G, et al. Enhanced epidermal Langerhans cell migration in IL-10 knockout mice. J Immunol. 1999;162:277-83 pubmed..These data suggest that IL-10 plays an inhibitory role in LC migration and that this effect may occur via the down-regulation of TNF-alpha and IL-1 production. ..
- Climie S, Friesen J. Feedback regulation of the rplJL-rpoBC ribosomal protein operon of Escherichia coli requires a region of mRNA secondary structure. J Mol Biol. 1987;198:371-81 pubmed..In these cases, both the secondary structure of the RNA and feedback regulation were restored. The results allow us to define a region of secondary structure in the rplJ mRNA leader that is necessary for feedback regulation. ..
- Quan D, Grant D, Zhong R, Zhang Z, Garcia B, Jevnikar A. Altered gene expression of cytokine, ICAM-1, and class II molecules precedes mouse intestinal allograft rejection. Transplantation. 1994;58:808-16 pubmed
- Lin M, Dan H, Li Y. Identification of a second flagellin gene and functional characterization of a sigma70-like promoter upstream of a Leptospira borgpetersenii flaB gene. Curr Microbiol. 2004;48:145-52 pubmed..These observations may suggest that flaB1 and flaB2 are transcribed separately and do not form a transcriptional operon controlled by a single promoter. ..
- Campbell C, Flenniken A, Skup D, Williams B. Identification of a serum- and phorbol ester-responsive element in the murine tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase gene. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:7199-206 pubmed..Interestingly, the region containing the phorbol ester-responsive-like element is also sufficient to direct a response to transforming growth factor beta 1 in the presence of serum. ..
- Jongstra J, Ittel M, Iscove N, Brady G. The LSP1 gene is expressed in cultured normal and transformed mouse macrophages. Mol Immunol. 1994;31:1125-31 pubmed..From these results it appears that the expression of LSP1 RNA in the hematopoietic system is restricted to the lymphocyte, macrophage and neutrophil lineages. ..
- Lee D, Cheng R, Nguyen T, Fan T, Kariyawasam A, Liu Y, et al. Characterization of apelin, the ligand for the APJ receptor. J Neurochem. 2000;74:34-41 pubmed..Intraperitoneal apelin injections induced an increase in drinking behavior within the first 30 min after injection, with a return to baseline within 1 h. ..
- Locke M, Tanguay R. Diminished heat shock response in the aged myocardium. Cell Stress Chaperones. 1996;1:251-60 pubmed..These results suggest that hearts from aged animals exhibit an impaired ability to produce the protective Hsps and thus, may explain, at least in part, the increased susceptibility of aged hearts to stress. ..
- Ezzat S, Yu S, Asa S. The zinc finger Ikaros transcription factor regulates pituitary growth hormone and prolactin gene expression through distinct effects on chromatin accessibility. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:1004-11 pubmed..These data provide evidence for Ikaros-mediated histone acetylation and chromatin remodeling in the selective regulation of pituitary GH and PRL hormone gene expression. ..
- Aluru N, Vijayan M. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation impairs cortisol response to stress in rainbow trout by disrupting the rate-limiting steps in steroidogenesis. Endocrinology. 2006;147:1895-903 pubmed..Altogether, xenobiotics activating Ah receptor signaling are steroidogenic disruptors, and the mode of action includes inhibition of StAR and P450scc, the rate-limiting steps in steroidogenesis. ..
- Woolaway K, Asai K, Emili A, Cochrane A. hnRNP E1 and E2 have distinct roles in modulating HIV-1 gene expression. Retrovirology. 2007;4:28 pubmed
- Hannoufa A, Negruk V, Eisner G, Lemieux B. The CER3 gene of Arabidopsis thaliana is expressed in leaves, stems, roots, flowers and apical meristems. Plant J. 1996;10:459-67 pubmed..Unlike other CER genes that have been cloned to date, high levels of the CER3 transcript were found in all tissues from wild-type plants, that is, leaves, stems, roots, flowers, and apical meristems. ..
- O Hare M, Hou S, Morris E, Cregan S, Xu Q, Slack R, et al. Induction and modulation of cerebellar granule neuron death by E2F-1. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:25358-64 pubmed..These results indicate that E2F-1 expression is sufficient to promote neuronal apoptosis and that endogenous E2F-1 modulates the death of CGNs evoked by low K(+). ..
- Midha R, Ramakrishna V, Munro C, Matsuyama T, Gorczynski R. Detection of host and donor cells in sex-mismatched rat nerve allografts using RT-PCR for a Y chromosome (H-Y) marker. J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2000;5:140-6 pubmed..These data suggest that reverse RT-PCR analysis for a Y chromosome gene product can be a valuable tool to assess the origin of viable cells in sex-mismatched nerve allotransplantation tissue...
- Yuwaraj S, Ding J, Liu M, Marsden P, Levy G. Genomic characterization, localization, and functional expression of FGL2, the human gene encoding fibroleukin: a novel human procoagulant. Genomics. 2001;71:330-8 pubmed..By both radiation hybrid analyses and fluorescence in situ hybridization, human FGL2 was localized to 7q11.23. ..
- Chang W, KhosrowShahian F, Chang R, Crawford M. xPitx1 plays a role in specifying cement gland and head during early Xenopus development. Genesis. 2001;29:78-90 pubmed..Ectopic expression of xPitx1 in ectodermal explants directly promotes cement gland development as there was no evidence that mesodermal or neural tissue was present in explants. ..
- Tsui H, Mok S, de Souza L, Martin A, Tsui F. Transcriptional analyses of the gene region that encodes human histidyl-tRNA synthetase: identification of a novel bidirectional regulatory element. Gene. 1993;131:201-8 pubmed..From mobility shift assays using HeLa cell nuclear extracts and this 27-bp oligo, we have identified two DNA-protein complexes, both of which are presumably required to initiate bidirectional transcription. ..
- Liu Y, Zacksenhaus E. E2F1 mediates ectopic proliferation and stage-specific p53-dependent apoptosis but not aberrant differentiation in the ocular lens of Rb deficient fetuses. Oncogene. 2000;19:6065-73 pubmed..Thus, inactivation of E2F1 reduces ectopic cell proliferation and stage-specific p53-dependent apoptosis but does not rescue the differentiation defects associated with loss of Rb during lens development. ..
- Parks R, Lichty B, Karakis C, Evans D. Characterization of the Shope fibroma virus DNA ligase gene. Virology. 1994;202:642-50 pubmed..This work provides insights into the evolution of Orthopoxviruses and Leporipoxviruses and strains suitable for a detailed analysis of the role DNA ligases play in poxviral recombination...
- Lee Y, Asa S, Drucker D. Glucagon gene 5'-flanking sequences direct expression of simian virus 40 large T antigen to the intestine, producing carcinoma of the large bowel in transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:10705-8 pubmed..The results of these studies provide functional evidence for the existence of an upstream cis-acting regulatory domain that directs glucagon gene transcription to the endocrine cells of the intestine in transgenic mice...
- Shearer J, Graham T, Battram D, Robinson D, Richter E, Wilson R, et al. Glycogenin activity and mRNA expression in response to volitional exhaustion in human skeletal muscle. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2005;99:957-62 pubmed..Results show that glycogenin becomes inactivated with glycogen catabolism and that this event coincides with an increase in glycogenin gene expression as exercise and glycogenolysis progress. ..
- Abedini M, Muller E, Brun J, Bergeron R, Gray D, Tsang B. Cisplatin induces p53-dependent FLICE-like inhibitory protein ubiquitination in ovarian cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2008;68:4511-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we showed that Itch (an E3 ligase) forms a complex with FLIP and p53 upon CDDP treatment. These results suggest that p53 facilitates FLIP down-regulation by CDDP-induced FLIP ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation. ..
- Ganoza M, Cunningham C, Green R. A new factor from Escherichia coli affects translocation of mRNA. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:26377-81 pubmed..We propose that W functions by ejecting tRNAs from ribosomes in a step that precedes the movement of mRNA during translocation. ..
- Zhao Y, Chauvet P, Alper S, Baltz J. Expression and function of bicarbonate/chloride exchangers in the preimplantation mouse embryo. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:24428-34 pubmed..Finally, mRNA encoding two members of the band 3-related AE anion exchanger gene family are expressed in preimplantation embryos. ..
- Kennette W, Collins O, Zalups R, Koropatnick J. Basal and zinc-induced metallothionein in resistance to cadmium, cisplatin, zinc, and tertbutyl hydroperoxide: studies using MT knockout and antisense-downregulated MT in mammalian cells. Toxicol Sci. 2005;88:602-13 pubmed..Moreover, resistance to some agents (Cd and CDDP) can be enhanced by inducing MT. Resistance to other agents (tBH) requires only basal (non-induced) MT levels. ..
- Wang P, Liu T, Li Z, Ma X, Jin T. Redundant and synergistic effect of Cdx-2 and Brn-4 on regulating proglucagon gene expression. Endocrinology. 2006;147:1950-8 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest that Cdx-2 and Brn-4, two HD proteins that belong to two different families, exert a synergistic and redundant effect on proglucagon gene expression...
- Copland I, Post M. Stretch-activated signaling pathways responsible for early response gene expression in fetal lung epithelial cells. J Cell Physiol. 2007;210:133-43 pubmed..Thus, calcium mobilization may be a point of hierarchical integration of mechanotransduction in lung epithelial cells. ..
- Nag S, Eskandarian M, Davis J, Eubanks J. Differential expression of vascular endothelial growth factor-A (VEGF-A) and VEGF-B after brain injury. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2002;61:778-88 pubmed
- Silva N, Goring D. The proline-rich, extensin-like receptor kinase-1 (PERK1) gene is rapidly induced by wounding. Plant Mol Biol. 2002;50:667-85 pubmed..sclerotiorum. Given the kinetics of PERK1 mRNA accumulation in response to these treatments, PERK1 may be involved early on in the general perception and response to a wound and/or pathogen stimulus. ..
- Hervé J, Crump D, Jones S, Mundy L, Giesy J, Zwiernik M, et al. Cytochrome P4501A induction by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin and two chlorinated dibenzofurans in primary hepatocyte cultures of three avian species. Toxicol Sci. 2010;113:380-91 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that PeCDF is more potent than TCDD in ring-necked pheasant and Japanese quail hepatocytes and that ring-necked pheasant, Japanese quail, and chicken hepatocytes are equally sensitive to CYP1A induction by PeCDF. ..
- Majumdar P, Chen S, George B, Sen S, Karmazyn M, Chakrabarti S. Leptin and endothelin-1 mediated increased extracellular matrix protein production and cardiomyocyte hypertrophy in diabetic heart disease. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2009;25:452-63 pubmed publisher..Hearts from the diabetic animals showed hypertrophy and similar mRNA changes. These data indicate that in diabetes increased FN production and cardiomyocyte hypertrophy may be mediated through leptin with its interaction with ET-1. ..
- Maher A, Mohsen A, Vockley J, Tarnopolsky M. Low expression of long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase in human skeletal muscle. Mol Genet Metab. 2010;100:163-7 pubmed publisher..LCAD is minimally expressed in human skeletal muscle and likely does not play a significant role in LCFA oxidation. ..
- Patel G, Bag J. IMP1 interacts with poly(A)-binding protein (PABP) and the autoregulatory translational control element of PABP-mRNA through the KH III-IV domain. FEBS J. 2006;273:5678-90 pubmed..Results of our analysis suggest that both protein x protein and protein x RNA interactions are involved in forming a stable ribonucleoprotein complex at the ARS of PABP mRNA. ..
- Greenwood S, Odongo N, Alzahal O, Swanson K, Shoveller A, Matthews J, et al. Plasma amino acid profile and expression of the ubiquitin-mediated proteolytic pathway in lambs with induced metabolic acidosis. J Anim Sci. 2008;86:2651-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis is not the primary pathway of protein degradation in lambs afflicted with metabolic acidosis. ..
- Patel F, Clifton V, Chwalisz K, Challis J. Steroid regulation of prostaglandin dehydrogenase activity and expression in human term placenta and chorio-decidua in relation to labor. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999;84:291-9 pubmed..We conclude that cortisol inhibits PGDH activity and expression and that progestagens increase PGDH activity in human chorion and placenta. ..
- Mukhopadhyay S, Audia J, Roy R, Schellhorn H. Transcriptional induction of the conserved alternative sigma factor RpoS in Escherichia coli is dependent on BarA, a probable two-component regulator. Mol Microbiol. 2000;37:371-81 pubmed..These results suggest that regulatory signals that are operant in exponentially growing cultures play an important role in effecting stationary phase gene expression. ..
- Kure R, Brown I. Expression of low-molecular-weight neurofilament (NF-L) mRNA during postnatal development of the mouse brain. Neurochem Res. 1995;20:833-46 pubmed..Smaller neurons which differentiate later, such as dentate gyrus granule cells, small pyramidal and granule cells of the neocortex, and granule cells of the cerebellum, exhibit a delayed expression of NF-L mRNA. ..
- Jongstra J, Tidmarsh G, Jongstra Bilen J, Davis M. A new lymphocyte-specific gene which encodes a putative Ca2+-binding protein is not expressed in transformed T lymphocyte lines. J Immunol. 1988;141:3999-4004 pubmed..These conserved features, together with the particular expression pattern and the protein sequence homologies, suggest that the LSP1 protein is involved in a Ca2+-dependent aspect of normal T cell growth. ..
- Holowachuk E, Greer M, Martin D. The complete sequence of the MHC class II chain RT.1D alpha u of the diabetic BB rat: mRNA levels of RT1.D alpha in lymphocytes. Nucleic Acids Res. 1987;15:10551-67 pubmed..The increased class II gene transcripts found in lymphocytes of young BB rats indicates that they possess a highly activated immune system. ..
- Zorzato F, Fujii J, Otsu K, Phillips M, Green N, Lai F, et al. Molecular cloning of cDNA encoding human and rabbit forms of the Ca2+ release channel (ryanodine receptor) of skeletal muscle sarcoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:2244-56 pubmed..Several potential calmodulin-binding sites were observed in the sequence, in the region 2800 to 3050. ..
- Chun K, Mackay N, Petrova Benedict R, Robinson B. Pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency due to a 20-bp deletion in exon II of the pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH) E1 alpha gene. Am J Hum Genet. 1991;49:414-20 pubmed..The 20-bp deletion was not found in either parent's genomic DNA, and hence we conclude that the mutation must have occurred de novo, either in the germ-line cells or immediately following fertilization. ..
- Karges W, Gaedigk R, Hui M, Cheung R, Dosch H. Molecular cloning of murine ICA69: diabetes-prone mice recognize the human autoimmune-epitope, Tep69, conserved in splice variants from both species. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1360:97-101 pubmed..We show that diabetes-prone NOD mice had Tep69-specific, autoreactive T cell repertoires and thus provide a relevant model for the study of ICA69's role in diabetic autoimmunity. ..
- Delhanty P, Han V. The characterization and expression of ovine insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-2. J Mol Endocrinol. 1992;9:31-8 pubmed..These findings indicate that the ovine IGFBP-2 protein is similar to that in other species and that, in the adult, the mRNA is expressed only in selected tissues. ..
- Oran A, Marshall J, Kondo S, Paglia D, McKenzie R. Cyclosporin inhibits intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression and reduces mast cell numbers in the asebia mouse model of chronic skin inflammation. Br J Dermatol. 1997;136:519-26 pubmed..Thus, CsA exhibits a wide range of anti-inflammatory effects including reduction of ICAM-1 expression and mast cell numbers, and may be useful in the treatment of mast cell-mediated dermatoses. ..
- Lane B, Bernier F, Dratewka Kos E, Shafai R, Kennedy T, Pyne C, et al. Homologies between members of the germin gene family in hexaploid wheat and similarities between these wheat germins and certain Physarum spherulins. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:10461-9 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Scott B, Qutob S, Liu Q, Ng C. APM2 is a novel mediator of cisplatin resistance in a variety of cancer cell types regardless of p53 or MMR status. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:1193-204 pubmed publisher..These findings represent a novel strategy that could be exploited to overcome cisplatin resistance in patients regardless of p53 status or ability to perform MMR. ..
- Johnston I, Rush S, Gurd J, Brown I. Molecular cloning of a novel mRNA using an antibody directed against synaptic glycoproteins. J Neurosci Res. 1992;32:159-66 pubmed..1 kDa. Sequence analysis reveals some similarity between SC2 and 5 alpha-reductase, a microsomal membrane protein important in testosterone metabolism. ..
- Zhu W, Dong W, Minden M. Alternate splicing creates two forms of the human kit protein. Leuk Lymphoma. 1994;12:441-7 pubmed..Sequencing of the corresponding genomic region revealed that the two forms of RNA arose through the alternate use of 5' splice donor sites. ..
- Johnson R, Roder J, Riordan J. Over-expression of the DM-20 myelin proteolipid causes central nervous system demyelination in transgenic mice. J Neurochem. 1995;64:967-76 pubmed..Mice with low copy numbers of the transgene (2-4 copies) appear to be unaffected and have normal life spans. ..
- Patel G, Ma S, Bag J. The autoregulatory translational control element of poly(A)-binding protein mRNA forms a heteromeric ribonucleoprotein complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:7074-89 pubmed
- Chan V, Louie H, Bingham H. Cloning and transcription regulation of the ferric uptake regulatory gene of Campylobacter jejuni TGH9011. Gene. 1995;164:25-31 pubmed..A truncated TGFH9011 Fur missing 18 aa of the N terminus but retaining all three conserved motifs was shown to bind all four FBS sequences. The binding and transcription studies support autoregulation of fur expression in Cj...
- Kalabis G, Kostaki A, Andrews M, Petropoulos S, Gibb W, Matthews S. Multidrug resistance phosphoglycoprotein (ABCB1) in the mouse placenta: fetal protection. Biol Reprod. 2005;73:591-7 pubmed
- Marchese A, Cheng R, Lee M, Porter C, Heiber M, Goodman M, et al. Mapping studies of two G protein-coupled receptor genes: an amino acid difference may confer a functional variation between a human and rodent receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;205:1952-8 pubmed..In contrast extensive mapping of gene GPR6 mRNA in rat brain was in keeping with the described distribution in human brain. ..
- Yau T, Li G, Weisel R, Reheman A, Jia Z, Mickle D, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor transgene expression in cell-transplanted hearts. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2004;127:1180-7 pubmed..Vascular endothelial growth factor expression is limited to the scar and border zone for 4 weeks. Both heart cells and skeletal myoblasts may be excellent delivery vehicles for cell-based myocardial gene therapy. ..
- Boer P. Activation of the gene for type-b natriuretic factor in mouse stem cell cultures induced for cardiac myogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;199:954-61 pubmed..The cell lines may be used to define the regulatory control elements for natriuretic factor gene expression, in stably transfected cell lines, during cardiac muscle growth. ..
- Lefebvre D, Bai Y, Shahmolky N, Sharma M, Poon R, Drucker D, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel sucrose-non-fermenting protein kinase/AMP-activated protein kinase-related protein kinase, SNARK. Biochem J. 2001;355:297-305 pubmed..These findings identify SNARK as a glucose- and AICAriboside-regulated member of the AMPK-related gene family that represents a new candidate mediator of the cellular response to metabolic stress. ..
- Billia F, Barbara M, McEwen J, Trevisan M, Iscove N. Resolution of pluripotential intermediates in murine hematopoietic differentiation by global complementary DNA amplification from single cells: confirmation of assignments by expression profiling of cytokine receptor transcripts. Blood. 2001;97:2257-68 pubmed
- Jin H, Oksenberg D, Ashkenazi A, Peroutka S, Duncan A, Rozmahel R, et al. Characterization of the human 5-hydroxytryptamine1B receptor. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:5735-8 pubmed..Drug competition studies indicate that the receptor displays high affinity (i.e. less than 40 nM) for 5-HT, 5-carboxyamidotryptamine, methiothepin, and metergoline. ..
- Irwin D, Wong J. Trout and chicken proglucagon: alternative splicing generates mRNA transcripts encoding glucagon-like peptide 2. Mol Endocrinol. 1995;9:267-77 pubmed publisher..These results show that proglucagon gene expression is regulated at the level of mRNA splicing and serve to reemphasize the potential biological importance of GLP 2...
- Douville E, Afar D, Howell B, Letwin K, Tannock L, Ben David Y, et al. Multiple cDNAs encoding the esk kinase predict transmembrane and intracellular enzyme isoforms. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:2681-9 pubmed
- Lee S, Davison J, Vidal S, Belouchi A. Cloning, expression and chromosomal location of NKX6B TO 10Q26, a region frequently deleted in brain tumors. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:157-62 pubmed..These results may implicate NKX6B as a candidate tumor suppressor gene for brain tumors, particularly for oligodendrogliomas. ..
- Lu F, Jin T, Drucker D. Proglucagon gene expression is induced by gastrin-releasing peptide in a mouse enteroendocrine cell line. Endocrinology. 1996;137:3710-6 pubmed..These observations identify GRP as a peptide activator of proglucagon gene expression and provide evidence linking the proglucagon gene CRE to the physiological control of proglucagon gene expression. ..
- Copland I, Adamson S, Post M, Lye S, Caniggia I. TGF-beta 3 expression during umbilical cord development and its alteration in pre-eclampsia. Placenta. 2002;23:311-21 pubmed..We speculate that the downregulation of TGF-beta 3 expression found in pre-eclamptic umbilical cord may contribute to the abnormal structure and mechanical properties seen in these pathological umbilical cords. ..
- Tsui H, Siminovitch K, de Souza L, Tsui F. Motheaten and viable motheaten mice have mutations in the haematopoietic cell phosphatase gene. Nat Genet. 1993;4:124-9 pubmed
- Chen L, Zhang L, Greer P, Tung P, Moran M. A murine CDC25/ras-GRF-related protein implicated in Ras regulation. Dev Genet. 1993;14:339-46 pubmed..Both GRF2 and CDC25Mm/ras-GRF are expressed in murine embryonic stem cells, suggesting that different Ras activators may regulate ras-dependent proliferation and differentiation in early mouse development. ..
- Adamo K, Dent R, Langefeld C, Cox M, Williams K, Carrick K, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma 2 and acyl-CoA synthetase 5 polymorphisms influence diet response. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007;15:1068-75 pubmed..Skeletal muscle ACSL5 mRNA expression was significantly lower in carriers of the wildtype compared with the variant rs2419621 allele (p = 0.03). Our results suggest a link between PPARgamma2 and ACSL5 genotype and diet responsiveness. ..
- Le Guellec K, Lawless K, Valotaire Y, Kress M, Tenniswood M. Vitellogenin gene expression in male rainbow trout (Salmo gairdneri). Gen Comp Endocrinol. 1988;71:359-71 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the induction of vitellogenesis in the trout by estradiol involves changes in the steady-state levels of a number of different mRNA and rRNA sequences and resembles that seen in Xenopus and chicken...
- McPherson J, Brown G, Goldenberg G. Characterization of a DNA topoisomerase IIalpha gene rearrangement in adriamycin-resistant P388 leukemia: expression of a fusion messenger RNA transcript encoding topoisomerase IIalpha and the retinoic acid receptor alpha locus. Cancer Res. 1993;53:5885-9 pubmed
- Zobel C, Kassiri Z, Nguyen T, Meng Y, Backx P. Prevention of hypertrophy by overexpression of Kv4.2 in cultured neonatal cardiomyocytes. Circulation. 2002;106:2385-91 pubmed..The clinical implications of these studies and the possible involvement of other signaling pathways are discussed. ..
- Wang M, Drucker D. The LIM domain homeobox gene isl-1: conservation of human, hamster, and rat complementary deoxyribonucleic acid sequences and expression in cell types of nonneuroendocrine lineage. Endocrinology. 1994;134:1416-22 pubmed..These experiments suggest that the biological importance of isl-1 may not be restricted to neuroendocrine cell lineages and raise the possibility that isl-1 function may be regulated by sequestration in distinct cellular compartments. ..
- Blais D, Vascotto S, Griffith M, Altosaar I. LBP and CD14 secreted in tears by the lacrimal glands modulate the LPS response of corneal epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005;46:4235-44 pubmed..The complementation of these tear and corneal immune proteins could play an important role in LPS recognition and signaling and, therefore, could modulate ocular innate immunity. ..
- Novak G, Seeman P, Tallerico T. Increased expression of calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IIbeta in frontal cortex in schizophrenia and depression. Synapse. 2006;59:61-8 pubmed..Because CaMKIIbeta influences the expression of many neuroreceptors and influences neural outgrowth and pruning, its altered expression in the cerebral cortex in schizophrenia or depression may contribute to these diseases. ..