Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on developmental gene expression regulation in Ontario, Canada
Locale: Ontario, Canada
Topic: developmental gene expression regulation
- Lebel M, Mo R, Shimamura K, Hui C. Gli2 and Gli3 play distinct roles in the dorsoventral patterning of the mouse hindbrain. Dev Biol. 2007;302:345-55 pubmed..Taken together, these observations indicate that Gli2 and Gli3 perform rhombomere-specific function during DV patterning of the hindbrain. ..
- Copland I, Adamson S, Post M, Lye S, Caniggia I. TGF-beta 3 expression during umbilical cord development and its alteration in pre-eclampsia. Placenta. 2002;23:311-21 pubmed..We speculate that the downregulation of TGF-beta 3 expression found in pre-eclamptic umbilical cord may contribute to the abnormal structure and mechanical properties seen in these pathological umbilical cords. ..
- Jones D, Golding M, Barr K, Fong G, Kidder G. The mouse Na+-K+-ATPase gamma-subunit gene (Fxyd2) encodes three developmentally regulated transcripts. Physiol Genomics. 2001;6:129-35 pubmed
- Kimmel S, Mo R, Hui C, Kim P. New mouse models of congenital anorectal malformations. J Pediatr Surg. 2000;35:227-30; discussion 230-1 pubmed..The severity of the phenotype appears to reflect the gene dose. Gli2 and Gli3 play an important role in the normal development of murine hindgut. The results of this study provide, for the first time, a molecular basis for CAM. ..
- Di Fruscio M, Weiher H, Vanderhyden B, Imai T, Shiomi T, Hori T, et al. Proviral inactivation of the Npat gene of Mpv 20 mice results in early embryonic arrest. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:4080-6 pubmed..Expression of the closely linked Atm gene was found to be unaffected by the provirus. ..
- Wang J, Kuliszewski M, Yee W, Sedlackova L, Xu J, Tseu I, et al. Cloning and expression of glucocorticoid-induced genes in fetal rat lung fibroblasts. Transforming growth factor-beta 3. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:2722-8 pubmed..These data suggest that glucocorticoids may mediate their stimulatory effect on lung maturation by inducing TGF beta 3 expression in fetal lung fibroblasts. ..
- Mann M, Latham K, Varmuza S. Identification of genes showing altered expression in preimplantation and early postimplantation parthenogenetic embryos. Dev Genet. 1995;17:223-32 pubmed
- Stoddart A, Zhang Y, Paige C. Molecular cloning of the cDNA encoding a murine sialic acid-specific 9-O-acetylesterase and RNA expression in cells of hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic origin. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:4003-8 pubmed
- Boulianne G, Livne Bar I, Humphreys J, Liang Y, Lin C, Rogaev E, et al. Cloning and characterization of the Drosophila presenilin homologue. Neuroreport. 1997;8:1025-9 pubmed..Analysis of Dps in a genetically tractable model system such as Drosophila may provide insight into the mechanisms of Alzheimer's disease (AD) necessary for the development of rational therapeutic approaches. ..
- Dagnino L, Fry C, Bartley S, Farnham P, Gallie B, Phillips R. Expression patterns of the E2F family of transcription factors during murine epithelial development. Cell Growth Differ. 1997;8:553-63 pubmed..Thus, selective regulation of E2F forms occurs during murine epithelial development, irrespective of the ectodermal or endodermal origin of such epithelia. ..
- Jiang Z, Zacksenhaus E, Gallie B, Phillips R. The retinoblastoma gene family is differentially expressed during embryogenesis. Oncogene. 1997;14:1789-97 pubmed..Our results suggest that members of RB1 gene family have distinct, but overlapping roles in embryogenesis, with p107 and RB1 possibly having redundant functions in the central nervous system and liver. ..
- Hudson R, Taniguchi Sidle A, Boras K, Wiggan O, Hamel P. Alx-4, a transcriptional activator whose expression is restricted to sites of epithelial-mesenchymal interactions. Dev Dyn. 1998;213:159-69 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Alx-4 is a potent transcriptional activator that is expressed at sites of epithelial-mesenchymal interactions during murine embryonic development. ..
- Jurisicova A, Latham K, Casper R, Varmuza S. Expression and regulation of genes associated with cell death during murine preimplantation embryo development. Mol Reprod Dev. 1998;51:243-53 pubmed..We propose that PCD may occur by default in embryos that fail to execute essential developmental events during the first cell cycle. ..
- Carlyle J, Michie A, Cho S, Zúñiga Pflücker J. Natural killer cell development and function precede alpha beta T cell differentiation in mouse fetal thymic ontogeny. J Immunol. 1998;160:744-53 pubmed..These results provide the first evidence of functional NK lymphocytes in mouse fetal ontogeny and demonstrate that NK cell maturation precedes alpha beta T cell development in the fetal thymus. ..
- Ciruna B, Rossant J. FGF signaling regulates mesoderm cell fate specification and morphogenetic movement at the primitive streak. Dev Cell. 2001;1:37-49 pubmed..We propose that modulation of cytoplasmic beta-catenin levels, associated with FGF-induced downregulation of E-cadherin, provides a molecular link between FGF and Wnt signaling pathways at the streak. ..
- Kluppel M, Huizinga J, Malysz J, Bernstein A. Developmental origin and Kit-dependent development of the interstitial cells of cajal in the mammalian small intestine. Dev Dyn. 1998;211:60-71 pubmed
- Ekker M, Akimenko M, Allende M, Smith R, Drouin G, Langille R, et al. Relationships among msx gene structure and function in zebrafish and other vertebrates. Mol Biol Evol. 1997;14:1008-22 pubmed..Distinct duplication events may have given rise to the msx genes of modern fish and other vertebrate lineages whereas many aspects of msx gene functions during embryonic development have been preserved. ..
- Chang W, KhosrowShahian F, Chang R, Crawford M. xPitx1 plays a role in specifying cement gland and head during early Xenopus development. Genesis. 2001;29:78-90 pubmed..Ectopic expression of xPitx1 in ectodermal explants directly promotes cement gland development as there was no evidence that mesodermal or neural tissue was present in explants. ..
- Suster M, Karunanithi S, Atwood H, Sokolowski M. Turning behavior in Drosophila larvae: a role for the small scribbler transcript. Genes Brain Behav. 2004;3:273-86 pubmed..Our data suggest that the expression of the smaller sbb transcript may be needed in a subset of neurons for the maintenance of normal turning behavior in Drosophila larvae. ..
- Kalabis G, Kostaki A, Andrews M, Petropoulos S, Gibb W, Matthews S. Multidrug resistance phosphoglycoprotein (ABCB1) in the mouse placenta: fetal protection. Biol Reprod. 2005;73:591-7 pubmed
- St Germain C, Croissandeau G, Mayne J, Baltz J, Chretien M, Mbikay M. Expression and transient nuclear translocation of proprotein convertase 1 (PC1) during mouse preimplantation embryonic development. Mol Reprod Dev. 2005;72:483-93 pubmed..They also raise the possibility of a nuclear function for PC1 during zygote formation. ..
- Liu Y, Zacksenhaus E. E2F1 mediates ectopic proliferation and stage-specific p53-dependent apoptosis but not aberrant differentiation in the ocular lens of Rb deficient fetuses. Oncogene. 2000;19:6065-73 pubmed..Thus, inactivation of E2F1 reduces ectopic cell proliferation and stage-specific p53-dependent apoptosis but does not rescue the differentiation defects associated with loss of Rb during lens development. ..
- Copland I, Post M. Stretch-activated signaling pathways responsible for early response gene expression in fetal lung epithelial cells. J Cell Physiol. 2007;210:133-43 pubmed..Thus, calcium mobilization may be a point of hierarchical integration of mechanotransduction in lung epithelial cells. ..
- Keramaris E, Stefanis L, MacLaurin J, Harada N, Takaku K, Ishikawa T, et al. Involvement of caspase 3 in apoptotic death of cortical neurons evoked by DNA damage. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2000;15:368-79 pubmed..This suggests that the requirement for caspase 3 in death of neurons evoked by DNA damage may differ depending upon the developmental state of the cell. ..
- Hakem R, de la Pompa J, Mak T. Developmental studies of Brca1 and Brca2 knock-out mice. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia. 1998;3:431-45 pubmed..The significance of this activation, as well as the role of these cancer susceptibility genes in DNA damage repair, is discussed. ..
- Partanen A, Motoyama J, Hui C. Developmentally regulated expression of the transcriptional cofactors/histone acetyltransferases CBP and p300 during mouse embryogenesis. Int J Dev Biol. 1999;43:487-94 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that there are common, as well as distinct, biochemical functions of CBP and p300 during mouse development. ..
- Copeland J, Nasiadka A, Dietrich B, Krause H. Patterning of the Drosophila embryo by a homeodomain-deleted Ftz polypeptide. Nature. 1996;379:162-5 pubmed..Ftz delta HD bound directly to Prd in vitro and required Prd to repress wingless in vivo. These results emphasize the pivotal importance of protein-protein interactions in homeodomain protein function. ..
- Cotter D, Dunbar A, Buconjic S, Wheldrake J. Ammonium phosphate in sori of Dictyostelium discoideum promotes spore dormancy through stimulation of the osmosensor ACG. Microbiology. 1999;145 ( Pt 8):1891-901 pubmed..Ammonia and discadenine may act as separate signals to synergistically activate PKA by stimulating ACG activity while inhibiting cAMP phosphodiestrase activity in fully dormant spores. ..