Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on catalysis in Ontario, Canada
Locale: Ontario, Canada
- Kim A, Rylett R, Shilton B. Substrate binding and catalytic mechanism of human choline acetyltransferase. Biochemistry. 2006;45:14621-31 pubmed..Interactions between this surface loop and CoA may function to lower the KM for CoA and could be important for phosphorylation-dependent regulation of ChAT activity. ..
- Davis B, Khumtaveeporn K, Bott R, Jones J. Altering the specificity of subtilisin Bacillus lentus through the introduction of positive charge at single amino acid sites. Bioorg Med Chem. 1999;7:2303-11 pubmed
- Yu B, Howell P. Intragenic complementation and the structure and function of argininosuccinate lyase. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2000;57:1637-51 pubmed..This review describes the structure and function of ASL and its homologue delta crystallin, the genetic defects associated with argininosuccinic aciduria and current theories regarding complementation in this protein. ..
- Maguire J, Collins R. Effects of cobalt hexammine on folding and self-cleavage of the Neurospora VS ribozyme. J Mol Biol. 2001;309:45-56 pubmed..In contrast, at sub-saturating concentrations of Mg2+, Co(NH3)6(3+) increases the rate of Mg2+-induced self-cleavage, indicating that Co(NH3)6(3+) contributes to the functionally relevant folding of the VS ribozyme. ..
- Nazi I, Wright G. Catalytic mechanism of fungal homoserine transacetylase. Biochemistry. 2005;44:13560-6 pubmed..These results form the basis of future exploitation of this enzyme as an antimicrobial target. ..
- Baker P, Carere J, Seah S. Probing the molecular basis of substrate specificity, stereospecificity, and catalysis in the class II pyruvate aldolase, BphI. Biochemistry. 2011;50:3559-69 pubmed publisher..In H20A and H20S variants, pH profiles show the dependence of enzyme activity on hydroxide concentration. On the basis of these results, a catalytic mechanism is proposed...