Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on somatostatin in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Locale: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Kumar U. Immunohistochemical distribution of somatostatin and somatostatin receptor subtypes (SSTR1-5) in hypothalamus of ApoD knockout mice brain. J Mol Neurosci. 2012;48:684-95 pubmed..In conclusion, the changes in hypothalamus of ApoD(-/-) mice may indicate potential role of ApoD in regulation of endocrine functions of somatostatin in a receptor-dependent manner. ..
- Somvanshi R, Zou S, Qiu X, Kumar U. Somatostatin receptor-2 negatively regulates ?-adrenergic receptor mediated Ca(2+) dependent signaling pathways in H9c2 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:735-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results described here provide direct evidence in support of cardiac protective role of SSTR2 via modulation of Ca(2+) associated signaling pathways attributed to cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Kumar U. Colocalization of somatostatin receptor subtypes (SSTR1-5) with somatostatin, NADPH-diaphorase (NADPH-d), and tyrosine hydroxylase in the rat hypothalamus. J Comp Neurol. 2007;504:185-205 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that SSTRs may interact with NADPH-d and TH to exert a physiological role in concert within the hypothalamus. ..
- Rajput P, Billova S, Patel S, Kharmate G, Somvanshi R, Kumar U. Expression of somatostatin and somatostatin receptor subtypes in Apolipoprotein D (ApoD) knockout mouse brain: An immunohistochemical analysis. J Chem Neuroanat. 2009;38:20-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results describe receptor and region specific changes in SST and SSTR subtypes expression in ApoD(-/-) mice brain, which may be linked to specific neurological disorders. ..
- Rajput P, Kharmate G, Kumar U. Colocalization of somatostatin receptors with DARPP-32 in cortex and striatum of rat brain. J Mol Neurosci. 2012;48:696-705 pubmed..Taken together, these results provide the first evidence that the SSTR-positive neurons lacking colocalization with DARPP-32 might be spared in excitotoxicity. ..