Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Locale: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Topic: signal transduction
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Chen E, Miller G, Kobor M, Cole S. Maternal warmth buffers the effects of low early-life socioeconomic status on pro-inflammatory signaling in adulthood. Mol Psychiatry. 2011;16:729-37 pubmed publisher..To the extent that such effects are causal, they suggest the possibility that the detrimental immunologic effects of low early-life SES environments may be partly diminished through supportive family climates. ..
- Kharmate G, Rajput P, Watt H, Somvanshi R, Chaudhari N, Qiu X, et al. Dissociation of epidermal growth factor receptor and ErbB2 heterodimers in the presence of somatostatin receptor 5 modulate signaling pathways. Endocrinology. 2011;152:931-45 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the activation and/or overexpression of SST receptors along with the inhibition of EGFR will serve as an important therapeutic approach in the treatment of ErbB-positive tumors. ..
- Twu Y, Gold M, Teh H. TNFR1 delivers pro-survival signals that are required for limiting TNFR2-dependent activation-induced cell death (AICD) in CD8+ T cells. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:335-44 pubmed publisher..Therefore, in activated TNFR2(-/-) CD8(+) T cells, TNFR1 functions as a survival receptor by utilizing high intracellular levels of TRAF2 to promote I?B? phosphorylation and NF-?B activation. ..
- Luciani D, White S, Widenmaier S, Saran V, Taghizadeh F, Hu X, et al. Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL suppress glucose signaling in pancreatic β-cells. Diabetes. 2013;62:170-82 pubmed publisher..Our work suggests that prosurvival Bcl proteins normally dampen the β-cell response to glucose and thus reveals these core apoptosis proteins as integrators of cell death and physiology in pancreatic β-cells. ..
- Somvanshi R, Zou S, Qiu X, Kumar U. Somatostatin receptor-2 negatively regulates ?-adrenergic receptor mediated Ca(2+) dependent signaling pathways in H9c2 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:735-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results described here provide direct evidence in support of cardiac protective role of SSTR2 via modulation of Ca(2+) associated signaling pathways attributed to cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Bluemn E, Coleman I, Lucas J, Coleman R, Hernández López S, Tharakan R, et al. Androgen Receptor Pathway-Independent Prostate Cancer Is Sustained through FGF Signaling. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:474-489.e6 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological inhibitors of MAPK or FGFR repressed the growth of double-negative PCs in vitro and in vivo. Our results indicate that FGF/MAPK blockade may be particularly efficacious against mPCs with an AR-null phenotype. ..
- Liu L, Damen J, Ware M, Krystal G. Interleukin-3 induces the association of the inositol 5-phosphatase SHIP with SHP2. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:10998-1001 pubmed..We further show that the association of SHIP with SHP2 occurs through the direct interaction of the SH2 domain of SHIP with a pYXN(I/V) sequence within SHP2. ..
- Woo M, Tai C, Kang S, Nathwani P, Pang S, Leung P. Direct action of melatonin in human granulosa-luteal cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:4789-97 pubmed..Our results support the notion that melatonin plays a direct role in regulating ovarian function. ..
- Joshi P, Hirst M, Malcolm T, Parent J, Mitchell D, Lund K, et al. Identification of protein interaction antagonists using the repressed transactivator two-hybrid system. Biotechniques. 2007;42:635-44 pubmed..These results demonstrate the capability of the RTA small molecule screening assay for discovery of potentially novel therapeutic compounds. ..
- Esfandiarei M, Boroomand S, Suarez A, Si X, Rahmani M, McManus B. Coxsackievirus B3 activates nuclear factor kappa B transcription factor via a phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase/protein kinase B-dependent pathway to improve host cell viability. Cell Microbiol. 2007;9:2358-71 pubmed..However, a prolonged treatment has a detrimental effect on cells, indicating the existence of a delicate balance between the anti- and pro-apoptotic roles of TNF-alpha in the setting of CVB3 infection. ..
- Moeenrezakhanlou A, Shephard L, Lam L, Reiner N. Myeloid cell differentiation in response to calcitriol for expression CD11b and CD14 is regulated by myeloid zinc finger-1 protein downstream of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;84:519-28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results show that MZF-1 is involved downstream of PI3K in a calcitriol-induced signaling pathway leading to myeloid cell differentiation and activation of CD11b and CD14. ..
- Chen J. Heterotrimeric G-proteins in plant development. Front Biosci. 2008;13:3321-33 pubmed..Future studies are expected to reveal more components of the heterotrimeric G-protein signal transduction pathways, and to identify the mechanisms by which G-proteins regulate phenotypic and developmental plasticity. ..
- Philippe R, Ralph S, Mansfield S, Bohlmann J. Transcriptome profiles of hybrid poplar (Populus trichocarpa × deltoides) reveal rapid changes in undamaged, systemic sink leaves after simulated feeding by forest tent caterpillar (Malacosoma disstria). New Phytol. 2010;188:787-802 pubmed publisher..Systemic transcriptome changes of SSi leaves have signatures of rapid change of metabolism and signaling, followed by later induction of defense genes...
- Qin H, Lee I, Panagiotopoulos C, Wang X, Chu A, Utz P, et al. Natural killer cells from children with type 1 diabetes have defects in NKG2D-dependent function and signaling. Diabetes. 2011;60:857-66 pubmed publisher..These results are the first to demonstrate that type 1 diabetic subjects have aberrant signaling through the NKG2D receptor and suggest that NK cell dysfunction contributes to the autoimmune pathogenesis of type 1 diabetes. ..
- Gharib S, Loth D, Soler Artigas M, Birkland T, Wilk J, Wain L, et al. Integrative pathway genomics of lung function and airflow obstruction. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:6836-48 pubmed publisher..By integrating pathway analysis with population-based genomics, we unraveled biologic processes underlying pulmonary function traits and identified a candidate gene for obstructive lung disease. ..
- Peng B, Zhu H, Klausen C, Ma L, Wang Y, Leung P. GnRH regulates trophoblast invasion via RUNX2-mediated MMP2/9 expression. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:119-29 pubmed publisher..Not applicable. This research was supported by Canadian Institutes of Health Research (Grant #143317) to P.C.K.L. The authors have nothing to disclose. ..
- Geoffroy C, Hilton B, Tetzlaff W, Zheng B. Evidence for an Age-Dependent Decline in Axon Regeneration in the Adult Mammalian Central Nervous System. Cell Rep. 2016;15:238-46 pubmed publisher..These results have important implications for developing strategies to promote axonal repair after CNS injuries or diseases, which increasingly affect middle-aged to aging populations. ..
- Yoon S, Shin S, Karreth F, Buel G, Jedrychowski M, Plas D, et al. Focal Adhesion- and IGF1R-Dependent Survival and Migratory Pathways Mediate Tumor Resistance to mTORC1/2 Inhibition. Mol Cell. 2017;67:512-527.e4 pubmed publisher..This resistance mechanism contributes to xenograft tumor cell growth, which is prevented with mTOR plus IGFR inhibitors, supporting this combination as a therapeutic approach for cancers. ..
- Duronio V, Welham M, Abraham S, Dryden P, Schrader J. p21ras activation via hemopoietin receptors and c-kit requires tyrosine kinase activity but not tyrosine phosphorylation of p21ras GTPase-activating protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:1587-91 pubmed..Attempts to demonstrate tyrosine phosphorylation of the p21ras GTPase-activating protein (GAP) were negative, suggesting that phosphorylation of GAP may not be the major mechanism for regulation of p21ras activity by tyrosine kinases. ..
- Ingham R, Santos L, Dang Lawson M, Holgado Madruga M, Dudek P, Maroun C, et al. The Gab1 docking protein links the b cell antigen receptor to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway and to the SHP2 tyrosine phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12257-65 pubmed..These findings are consistent with a model in which the binding of the Gab1 PH domain to PI3K-derived lipids brings Gab1 to the plasma membrane, where it can be tyrosine-phosphorylated and then act as an amplifier of BCR signaling. ..
- Lawlor E, Scheel C, Irving J, Sorensen P. Anchorage-independent multi-cellular spheroids as an in vitro model of growth signaling in Ewing tumors. Oncogene. 2002;21:307-18 pubmed..Thus, the PI3K-AKT pathway appears to be critical for the proliferation of ET cells both in vitro and in vivo and tumor cell growth in vivo may be better represented by the study of anchorage-independent multi-cellular spheroids. ..
- Lang A, Beatty J. A bacterial signal transduction system controls genetic exchange and motility. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:913-8 pubmed..We speculate that coordinate regulation of motility and GTA-mediated genetic exchange in R. capsulatus exists because these two processes are complementary mechanisms for cells to cope with unfavorable conditions in natural environments...
- Guilbault B, Kay R. RasGRP1 sensitizes an immature B cell line to antigen receptor-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19523-30 pubmed
- Chin M, Ng K, Li G. The novel tumor suppressor p33ING2 enhances UVB-induced apoptosis in human melanoma cells. Exp Cell Res. 2005;304:531-43 pubmed..Taken together, we demonstrate that p33ING2 cooperates with p53 to regulate apoptosis via activation of both the mitochondrial/intrinsic and death-receptor/extrinsic apoptotic pathways. ..
- Spinelli E, McPhail L, Oschipok L, Teh J, Tetzlaff W. Class A plexin expression in axotomized rubrospinal and facial motoneurons. Neuroscience. 2007;144:1266-77 pubmed..Hence, there are distinct expression patterns of the individual plexin-A family members suggesting that regenerating rubrospinal and facial motoneurons have a differential ability to transduce semaphorin signals. ..
- Duthie K, Osborne L, Foster L, Abraham N. Proteomics analysis of interleukin (IL)-7-induced signaling effectors shows selective changes in IL-7Ralpha449F knock-in T cell progenitors. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:1700-10 pubmed
- Averous J, Fonseca B, Proud C. Regulation of cyclin D1 expression by mTORC1 signaling requires eukaryotic initiation factor 4E-binding protein 1. Oncogene. 2008;27:1106-13 pubmed
- Goritschnig S, Weihmann T, Zhang Y, Fobert P, McCourt P, Li X. A novel role for protein farnesylation in plant innate immunity. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:348-57 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we present a novel role for farnesyltransferase in plant-pathogen interactions, suggesting the importance of protein farnesylation, which contributes to the specificity and efficacy of signal transduction events. ..
- Wang Y, Huang B, Luciani D, Wang X, Johnson J, Proud C. Rheb activates protein synthesis and growth in adult rat ventricular cardiomyocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;45:812-20 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that Rheb itself can activate both protein synthesis and cell growth in ARVC and demonstrate the key role played by mTORC1 in the growth of cardiomyocytes. ..
- Rabkin S, Lodhia P, Luong M. P38 MAP kinase in valve interstitial cells is activated by angiotensin II or nitric oxide/peroxynitrite, but reduced by Toll-like receptor-2 stimulation. J Heart Valve Dis. 2009;18:653-61 pubmed
- Park D, Jones K, Lee H, Snutch T, Taubert S, Riddle D. Repression of a potassium channel by nuclear hormone receptor and TGF-? signaling modulates insulin signaling in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002519 pubmed publisher..elegans. NHR-69 and DAF-8 dependent regulation of exp-2 and DAF-28 also provides a novel molecular mechanism that contributes to the previously recognized link between insulin and TGF-? signaling in C. elegans. ..
- Simonsen K, Gallego S, Færgeman N, Kallipolitis B. Strength in numbers: "Omics" studies of C. elegans innate immunity. Virulence. 2012;3:477-84 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide an overview of key aspects of innate immunity in C. elegans revealed by recent whole-genome transcriptomics and proteomics studies of the global response of C. elegans to various bacterial and fungal pathogens. ..
- Blohmke C, Mayer M, Tang A, Hirschfeld A, Fjell C, Sze M, et al. Atypical activation of the unfolded protein response in cystic fibrosis airway cells contributes to p38 MAPK-mediated innate immune responses. J Immunol. 2012;189:5467-75 pubmed publisher..Strategies to restore ER homeostasis and normalize the UPR activation profile may represent a novel therapeutic approach to minimize lung-damaging inflammation in CF. ..
- Choi S, Collins C, Gout P, Wang Y. Cancer-generated lactic acid: a regulatory, immunosuppressive metabolite?. J Pathol. 2013;230:350-5 pubmed publisher..Cancer-generated lactic acid could thus be viewed as a critical, immunosuppressive metabolite in the tumour micro-environment rather than a 'waste product'. This paradigm shift can have major impact on therapeutic strategy development. ..
- Han J, Patterson S, Speck M, Ehses J, Levings M. Insulin inhibits IL-10-mediated regulatory T cell function: implications for obesity. J Immunol. 2014;192:623-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that hyperinsulinemia may contribute to the development of obesity-associated inflammation via a previously unknown effect of insulin on the IL-10-mediated function of Tregs. ..
- Baselga J, Im S, Iwata H, Cortes J, De Laurentiis M, Jiang Z, et al. Buparlisib plus fulvestrant versus placebo plus fulvestrant in postmenopausal, hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative, advanced breast cancer (BELLE-2): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:904-916 pubmed publisher..No further studies are being pursued because of the toxicity associated with this combination. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. ..
- Bitler B, Wu S, Park P, Hai Y, Aird K, Wang Y, et al. ARID1A-mutated ovarian cancers depend on HDAC6 activity. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:962-973 pubmed publisher..Thus, ARID1A mutation inactivates the apoptosis-promoting function of p53 by upregulating HDAC6. Together, these results indicate that pharmacological inhibition of HDAC6 is a therapeutic strategy for ARID1A-mutated cancers. ..
- Crellin N, Garcia R, Levings M. Altered activation of AKT is required for the suppressive function of human CD4+CD25+ T regulatory cells. Blood. 2007;109:2014-22 pubmed..This system will be a powerful tool to further study the mechanism(s) of suppression by CD4+CD25+ Treg cells. ..
- Larrivee B, Karsan A. Signaling pathways induced by vascular endothelial growth factor (review). Int J Mol Med. 2000;5:447-56 pubmed..This review summarizes the different pathways known to be involved in VEGF signal transduction and the biological responses triggered by the VEGF signaling cascade. ..
- Kae H, Kortholt A, Rehmann H, Insall R, Van Haastert P, Spiegelman G, et al. Cyclic AMP signalling in Dictyostelium: G-proteins activate separate Ras pathways using specific RasGEFs. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:477-82 pubmed..This RasGEF target specificity provides a mechanism for one upstream signal to regulate two downstream processes using independent pathways. ..
- Zeeb F, Floresco S, Winstanley C. Contributions of the orbitofrontal cortex to impulsive choice: interactions with basal levels of impulsivity, dopamine signalling, and reward-related cues. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2010;211:87-98 pubmed publisher..However, lesions of the OFC in rats have both increased and decreased impulsivity in delay-discounting paradigms, where impulsive choice is defined as the selection of small immediate over larger delayed rewards...
- Gibb E, Brown C, Lam W. The functional role of long non-coding RNA in human carcinomas. Mol Cancer. 2011;10:38 pubmed publisher..In this review, we highlight the emerging functional role of lncRNAs in human cancer. ..
- Sun G, Cheng S, Chen M, Lim C, Pallen C. Protein tyrosine phosphatase ? phosphotyrosyl-789 binds BCAR3 to position Cas for activation at integrin-mediated focal adhesions. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3776-89 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel role of PTP? in integrin-induced adhesion assembly that enables Src-mediated activation of the pivotal function of Cas in migration...
- Damen J, Wakao H, Miyajima A, Krosl J, Humphries R, Cutler R, et al. Tyrosine 343 in the erythropoietin receptor positively regulates erythropoietin-induced cell proliferation and Stat5 activation. EMBO J. 1995;14:5557-68 pubmed
- Hmama Z, Nandan D, Sly L, Knutson K, Herrera Velit P, Reiner N. 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3)-induced myeloid cell differentiation is regulated by a vitamin D receptor-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling complex. J Exp Med. 1999;190:1583-94 pubmed..These findings suggest that PI 3-kinase selectively regulates D(3)-induced monocyte differentiation, independent of any effects on p21. ..
- Christian S, Sims P, Gold M. The B cell antigen receptor regulates the transcriptional activator beta-catenin via protein kinase C-mediated inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3. J Immunol. 2002;169:758-69 pubmed..Thus, the BCR regulates beta-catenin levels via a phospholipase C/protein kinase C/GSK-3 pathway. ..
- Lannon C, Martin M, Tognon C, Jin W, Kim S, Sorensen P. A highly conserved NTRK3 C-terminal sequence in the ETV6-NTRK3 oncoprotein binds the phosphotyrosine binding domain of insulin receptor substrate-1: an essential interaction for transformation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6225-34 pubmed..These findings indicate that EN.IRS-1 complex formation through the NTRK3 C terminus is essential for EN transformation. ..
- Larjava H, Plow E, Wu C. Kindlins: essential regulators of integrin signalling and cell-matrix adhesion. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:1203-8 pubmed publisher..It is therefore clear that kindlins, together with several other integrin-proximal proteins, are essential for integrin signalling and cell-ECM adhesion regulation. ..
- Lin G, Brownsey R, MacLeod K. Regulation of mitochondrial aconitase by phosphorylation in diabetic rat heart. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2009;66:919-32 pubmed publisher..This may influence the activity of the tricarboxylic acid cycle, and contribute to impaired mitochondrial function and energy metabolism in diabetic hearts. ..
- Shi F, Cheung A, Huang H, Leung P. Effects of endogenous growth differentiation factor 9 on activin A-induced inhibin B production in human granulosa-lutein cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:5108-16 pubmed publisher..However, the relative contributions of GDF9 in granulosa cells vs. oocyte as autocrine/paracrine regulators of beta(B)-subunit and inhibin B production in normal and abnormal human ovarian functions remain to be determined. ..
- Handrigan G, Richman J. Autocrine and paracrine Shh signaling are necessary for tooth morphogenesis, but not tooth replacement in snakes and lizards (Squamata). Dev Biol. 2010;337:171-86 pubmed publisher..Finally, in this study, we definitively refute a role for Shh signaling in successional dental lamina formation and conclude that other pathways regulate tooth replacement in squamates...
- Maughan H, Wilson L, Redfield R. Bacterial DNA uptake sequences can accumulate by molecular drive alone. Genetics. 2010;186:613-27 pubmed publisher..This result greatly simplifies testing of hypotheses about the benefits of DNA uptake, because it explains how genomes could have passively accumulated sequences matching the bias of their uptake machineries. ..
- auf dem Keller U, Prudova A, Eckhard U, Fingleton B, Overall C. Systems-level analysis of proteolytic events in increased vascular permeability and complement activation in skin inflammation. Sci Signal. 2013;6:rs2 pubmed publisher..Thus, our systems-level analysis of proteolysis dissected cleavage events associated with skin inflammation and demonstrated that loss of a single protease could perturb the proteolytic signaling network and enhance inflammation. ..
- Lee M, McGeer E, Kodela R, Kashfi K, McGeer P. NOSH-aspirin (NBS-1120), a novel nitric oxide and hydrogen sulfide releasing hybrid, attenuates neuroinflammation induced by microglial and astrocytic activation: a new candidate for treatment of neurodegenerative disorders. Glia. 2013;61:1724-34 pubmed publisher
- Lu J, Tang Y, Farshidpour M, Cheng Y, Zhang G, Jafarnejad S, et al. JWA inhibits melanoma angiogenesis by suppressing ILK signaling and is an independent prognostic biomarker for melanoma. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:2778-88 pubmed publisher..004), further indicating the regulation of ILK expression by JWA is critical in melanoma. Taken together, our data highlight the function of JWA in melanoma angiogenesis and reveal the clinical prognostic value of JWA. ..
- Grants J, Ying L, Yoda A, You C, Okano H, Sawa H, et al. The Mediator Kinase Module Restrains Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Signaling and Represses Vulval Cell Fate Specification in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2016;202:583-99 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data offer an explanation for CKM repression of EGFR signaling output and ectopic vulva formation and provide the first evidence of Mediator CKM-tail module subunit crosstalk in animals. ..
- Sendide K, Reiner N, Lee J, Bourgoin S, Talal A, Hmama Z. Cross-talk between CD14 and complement receptor 3 promotes phagocytosis of mycobacteria: regulation by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and cytohesin-1. J Immunol. 2005;174:4210-9 pubmed..This converts low avidity CR3 into an active receptor leading to increased bacterial internalization. ..
- Boyle E, Bishop J, Grassl G, Finlay B. Salmonella: from pathogenesis to therapeutics. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:1489-95 pubmed
- Dror V, Nguyen V, Walia P, Kalynyak T, Hill J, Johnson J. Notch signalling suppresses apoptosis in adult human and mouse pancreatic islet cells. Diabetologia. 2007;50:2504-15 pubmed..This pathway represents an attractive target for modulating beta cell fate in diabetes, islet transplantation and efforts to derive beta cell surrogates in vitro. ..
- ..The B cell receptor (BCR) activates the ERK kinases, but what does ERK do? In this issue of Immunity, Yasuda et al. (2008) show that ERK controls a transcription factor network by which the pre-BCR drives early B cell development. ..
- Preobrazhenska O, Wright J, Churg A. Regional heterogeneity in murine lung fibroblasts from normal mice or mice exposed once to cigarette smoke. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39761 pubmed publisher..However, PF still retain the ability to repair by producing new matrix after a single in vivo smoke exposure. ..
- Cheng S, Kuzyk M, Moradian A, Ichu T, Chang V, Tien J, et al. Interaction of cyclin-dependent kinase 12/CrkRS with cyclin K1 is required for the phosphorylation of the C-terminal domain of RNA polymerase II. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4691-704 pubmed publisher..These properties are consistent with a role of CDK12/CrkRS in regulating gene expression through phosphorylation of RNA Pol II. ..
- Chang H, Cheng J, Leung P. Theca-derived BMP4 and BMP7 down-regulate connexin43 expression and decrease gap junction intercellular communication activity in immortalized human granulosa cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:E437-45 pubmed publisher..Theca cell-derived BMP4 and BMP7 down-regulate Cx43 expression and decrease GJIC activity in human granulosa cells. Our findings indicate that this biological effect is most likely mediated by a Smad-dependent pathway. ..
- Hogg K, Blair J, McFadden D, von Dadelszen P, Robinson W. Early onset pre-eclampsia is associated with altered DNA methylation of cortisol-signalling and steroidogenic genes in the placenta. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62969 pubmed publisher..These data represent dysregulation of the placental epigenome in pre-eclampsia related to genes involved in maintaining the hormonal environment during pregnancy and highlights particular susceptibility in the early onset syndrome. ..
- Cheng J, Chang H, Leung P. TGF-?1 Inhibits Human Trophoblast Cell Invasion by Upregulating Connective Tissue Growth Factor Expression. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3620-3628 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, cell invasiveness is decreased by treatment with recombinant CTGF. These results provide evidence that CTGF mediates TGF-?1-inhibited human trophoblast cell invasion. ..
- Hehn B, Young A, Pelech S, Sanghera J, Shah R. Developmental alterations in casein kinase 2 activity during the morphogenesis of quail secondary palate. Anat Rec. 1997;247:102-8 pubmed
- Helgason C, Kalberer C, Damen J, Chappel S, Pineault N, Krystal G, et al. A dual role for Src homology 2 domain-containing inositol-5-phosphatase (SHIP) in immunity: aberrant development and enhanced function of b lymphocytes in ship -/- mice. J Exp Med. 2000;191:781-94 pubmed..The in vitro hyperresponsiveness, together with the in vivo findings, suggests that SHIP regulates B lymphoid development and antigen responsiveness by both intrinsic and extrinsic mechanisms. ..
- Ehses J, Lee S, Pederson R, McIntosh C. A new pathway for glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) receptor signaling: evidence for the involvement of phospholipase A2 in GIP-stimulated insulin secretion. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:23667-73 pubmed..Finally, stimulation of GIP-mediated AA production was shown to be mediated via a Ca(2+)-independent phospholipase A(2). Arachidonic acid is therefore a new component of GIP-mediated signal transduction in the beta-cell. ..
- Lee S, Fu K, Hui J, Richman J. Noggin and retinoic acid transform the identity of avian facial prominences. Nature. 2001;414:909-12 pubmed..Thus the levels of Bmp and RA determine whether specific regions of the face form maxillary or frontonasal mass derivatives. ..
- Ashique A, Fu K, Richman J. Endogenous bone morphogenetic proteins regulate outgrowth and epithelial survival during avian lip fusion. Development. 2002;129:4647-60 pubmed
- Noseda M, Chang L, McLean G, Grim J, Clurman B, Smith L, et al. Notch activation induces endothelial cell cycle arrest and participates in contact inhibition: role of p21Cip1 repression. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8813-22 pubmed..We suggest that Notch activation contributes to contact inhibition of endothelial cells, in part through repression of p21Cip1 expression. ..
- Kim K, Choi K, Auersperg N, Leung P. Mechanism of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)-I and -II-induced cell growth inhibition in ovarian cancer cells: role of the GnRH-I receptor and protein kinase C pathway. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2006;13:211-20 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that binding of GnRH-I and II to the GnRH-I receptor activates ERK1/2 through a PKC-dependent pathway and is essential for GnRH-induced anti-proliferation of ovarian cancer cells. ..
- Chen X, Priatel J, Chow M, Teh H. Preferential development of CD4 and CD8 T regulatory cells in RasGRP1-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2008;180:5973-82 pubmed..Activated CD8 Treg cells from RasGRP1(-/-) mice retained their ability to synthesize IL-10 and suppress the proliferation of wild-type CD8(+)CD122(-) T cells, albeit at a much lower efficiency than wild-type CD8 Treg cells. ..
- Stuart H, Jia Z, Messenberg A, Joshi B, Underhill T, Moukhles H, et al. Localized Rho GTPase activation regulates RNA dynamics and compartmentalization in tumor cell protrusions. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34785-95 pubmed publisher..Pseudopodial Rho/ROCK activation may impact on tumor cell migration and metastasis by stimulating the pseudopodial translocation of mRNAs and thereby regulating the expression of local signaling cascades. ..
- Lajoie P, Goetz J, Dennis J, Nabi I. Lattices, rafts, and scaffolds: domain regulation of receptor signaling at the plasma membrane. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:381-5 pubmed publisher..We review evidence that these heterogeneous microdomains interact to regulate substratum adhesion and cytokine receptor dynamics at the cell surface. ..
- Park D, Choi K, MacCalman C, Leung P. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)-I and GnRH-II induce cell growth inhibition in human endometrial cancer cells: involvement of integrin beta3 and focal adhesion kinase. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2009;7:81 pubmed publisher..This knowledge could contribute to a better understanding of the mechanisms implicated in the therapeutic action of GnRH and its biomedical application for the treatment against endometrial cancer. ..
- Chan C, Ming Lum A, Golds G, Lee S, ANDERSON R, Mui A. Interleukin-10 inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced tumor necrosis factor-? translation through a SHIP1-dependent pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:38020-7 pubmed publisher..Our data support the existence of an alternative STAT3-independent pathway through SHIP1 for IL-10 to regulate TNF? translation during the anti-inflammatory response. ..
- Allan L, Hoefl K, Zheng D, Chung B, Kozak F, Tan R, et al. Apolipoprotein-mediated lipid antigen presentation in B cells provides a pathway for innate help by NKT cells. Blood. 2009;114:2411-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, B cells use an apolipoprotein-mediated pathway of lipid antigen presentation, which constitutes a form of innate help for B cells by NKT cells. ..
- Cho Y, Kieffer T. New aspects of an old drug: metformin as a glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) enhancer and sensitiser. Diabetologia. 2011;54:219-22 pubmed publisher..These provocative findings by Maida et al. extend our understanding of the mechanism of action of metformin and provide further insights into the benefits of combining metformin with incretin-based drugs to combat diabetes. ..