Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein binding in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Locale: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Topic: protein binding
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- Minaker S, Filiatrault M, Ben Aroya S, Hieter P, Stirling P. Biogenesis of RNA polymerases II and III requires the conserved GPN small GTPases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2013;193:853-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that the three GPN proteins execute a common, and likely essential, function in RNA polymerase assembly and transport. ..
- Pettem K, Yokomaku D, Takahashi H, Ge Y, Craig A. Interaction between autism-linked MDGAs and neuroligins suppresses inhibitory synapse development. J Cell Biol. 2013;200:321-36 pubmed publisher..These results also place MDGAs in the neurexin-neuroligin synaptic pathway implicated in neurodevelopmental disorders and support the idea that an imbalance between inhibitory and excitatory synapses may contribute to these disorders...
- Cheng S, Sun G, Schlaepfer D, Pallen C. Grb2 promotes integrin-induced focal adhesion kinase (FAK) autophosphorylation and directs the phosphorylation of protein tyrosine phosphatase ? by the Src-FAK kinase complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:348-61 pubmed publisher..These findings identify Grb2 as a new FAK activator and reveal its essential role in coordinating PTP? tyrosine phosphorylation to enable downstream integrin signaling and migration. ..
- Streubel G, Fitzpatrick D, Oliviero G, Scelfo A, Moran B, Das S, et al. Fam60a defines a variant Sin3a-Hdac complex in embryonic stem cells required for self-renewal. EMBO J. 2017;36:2216-2232 pubmed publisher..Taken together, Fam60a is an essential core subunit of a variant Sin3a complex in ES cells that is required to promote rapid proliferation and prevent unscheduled differentiation. ..
- Deans J, Kalt L, Ledbetter J, Schieven G, Bolen J, Johnson P. Association of 75/80-kDa phosphoproteins and the tyrosine kinases Lyn, Fyn, and Lck with the B cell molecule CD20. Evidence against involvement of the cytoplasmic regions of CD20. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:22632-8 pubmed..The interaction may be mediated by the p75/80 phosphoproteins, which were found to be tightly associated with the Src family kinases isolated from the CD20 complex. ..
- Marzban L, Trigo Gonzalez G, Verchere C. Processing of pro-islet amyloid polypeptide in the constitutive and regulated secretory pathways of beta cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:2154-63 pubmed..Both proIAPP and its NH2-terminally extended intermediate appear to be normal secretory products of the beta cell that can be released via either the regulated or constitutive secretory pathways. ..
- Peters C, Chow S, Angoli D, Nazzari H, Cayabyab F, Morshedian A, et al. In situ co-distribution and functional interactions of SAP97 with sinoatrial isoforms of HCN channels. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;46:636-43 pubmed publisher..Together, the data suggest that SAP97 contributes to isoform specific organization of HCN channels within specific domains in the sinoatrial node of the rabbit...
- Liu P, Khurana A, Rattan R, He X, Kalloger S, Dowdy S, et al. Regulation of HSulf-1 expression by variant hepatic nuclear factor 1 in ovarian cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:4843-50 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that vHNF1 acts as a repressor of HSulf-1 expression and might be a molecular target for ovarian cancer therapy. ..
- Lise M, Srivastava D, Arstikaitis P, Lett R, Sheta R, Viswanathan V, et al. Myosin-Va-interacting protein, RILPL2, controls cell shape and neuronal morphogenesis via Rac signaling. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3810-21 pubmed publisher..This might represent a novel mechanism linking RILPL2, the motor protein MyoVa and Rac1 with neuronal structure and function. ..
- Chao J, Papavinasasundaram K, Zheng X, Chávez Steenbock A, Wang X, Lee G, et al. Convergence of Ser/Thr and two-component signaling to coordinate expression of the dormancy regulon in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29239-46 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that PknH phosphorylation of DosR is required for full induction of the DosR regulon and demonstrate convergence of the two major signal transduction systems for the first time in M. tuberculosis. ..
- Ellis S, Pines M, Fairchild M, Tanentzapf G. In vivo functional analysis reveals specific roles for the integrin-binding sites of talin. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1844-56 pubmed publisher..Disruption of each IBS has different developmental consequences, illustrating how the functional diversity of integrin-mediated adhesion is achieved. ..
- Bao H, Duong F. Discovery of an auto-regulation mechanism for the maltose ABC transporter MalFGK2. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34836 pubmed publisher..In vivo, this maltose-forced dissociation limits the rate of transport. Given the conservation of the substrate-binding proteins, this mode of allosteric regulation may be universal to ABC importers. ..
- Jafarnejad S, Ardekani G, Ghaffari M, Martinka M, Li G. Sox4-mediated Dicer expression is critical for suppression of melanoma cell invasion. Oncogene. 2013;32:2131-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings on Sox4-regulated miRNA biogenesis pathway may aid toward the development of novel targeted therapeutic approaches for melanoma. ..
- Wong E, Na D, Gsponer J. On the importance of polar interactions for complexes containing intrinsically disordered proteins. PLoS Comput Biol. 2013;9:e1003192 pubmed publisher..However, they are counter-balanced by even higher polar-desolvation penalties. We propose that polar interactions are a key contributing factor to the observed high specificity of ID segment-mediated interactions. ..
- SuÃ¡rez Calvet M, Neumann M, Arzberger T, Abou Ajram C, Funk E, Hartmann H, et al. Monomethylated and unmethylated FUS exhibit increased binding to Transportin and distinguish FTLD-FUS from ALS-FUS. Acta Neuropathol. 2016;131:587-604 pubmed publisher..Our findings therefore provide additional evidence that FTLD-FUS and ALS-FUS are caused by distinct disease mechanisms although both share FUS deposits as a common denominator. ..
- Currie S, Doane J, Evans K, Bhachech N, Madison B, Lau D, et al. ETV4 and AP1 Transcription Factors Form Multivalent Interactions with three Sites on the MED25 Activator-Interacting Domain. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:2975-2995 pubmed publisher..In summary, we describe features of the multivalent ETV4- and AP1-MED25 interactions, thereby implicating these factors in the recruitment of MED25 to transcriptional control elements. ..
- Numao S, Kuntz D, Withers S, Rose D. Insights into the mechanism of Drosophila melanogaster Golgi alpha-mannosidase II through the structural analysis of covalent reaction intermediates. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:48074-83 pubmed..J., Szabo, L., Stoll, D., Withers, S. G., and Davies, G. J. (2002) Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 41, 2824-2827) suggests that these disparate enzymes have recruited common stereoelectronic features in evolving their catalytic mechanisms. ..
- Bernatchez P, Sharma A, Kodaman P, Sessa W. Myoferlin is critical for endocytosis in endothelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;297:C484-92 pubmed publisher..Together, these data describe a new role for myoferlin in receptor-dependent endocytosis and an overlapping role for myoferlin-Dyn-2-Cav-1 protein complexes in membrane fusion and fission events. ..
- Mead C, Kuzyk M, Moradian A, Wilson G, Holt R, Morin G. Cytosolic protein interactions of the schizophrenia susceptibility gene dysbindin. J Neurochem. 2010;113:1491-503 pubmed publisher..Our results are consistent with the notion that impairment of aspects of the synaptic vesicle life cycle may be a pathogenic mechanism in schizophrenia. ..
- Starr A, Dufour A, Maier J, Overall C. Biochemical analysis of matrix metalloproteinase activation of chemokines CCL15 and CCL23 and increased glycosaminoglycan binding of CCL16. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:5848-60 pubmed publisher..Hence, our study reveals for the first time that MMPs activate the long amino-terminal chemokines CCL15 and CCL23 to potent forms that have potential to increase monocyte recruitment during inflammation. ..
- Fenno J, Tamura M, Hannam P, Wong G, Chan R, McBride B. Identification of a Treponema denticola OppA homologue that binds host proteins present in the subgingival environment. Infect Immun. 2000;68:1884-92 pubmed..Binding of soluble host proteins by OppA may be important both for spirochete-host interactions in the subgingival environment and for uptake of peptide nutrients...
- Ness S, Martin R, Kindler A, Paetzel M, Gold M, Jensen S, et al. Structure-based design guides the improved efficacy of deacylation transition state analogue inhibitors of TEM-1 beta-Lactamase(,). Biochemistry. 2000;39:5312-21 pubmed..The structures provide new insights into the further design of this potent class of beta-lactamase inhibitors...
- Kai H, Butler G, Morrison C, King A, Pelman G, Overall C. Utilization of a novel recombinant myoglobin fusion protein expression system to characterize the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-4 and TIMP-2 C-terminal domain and tails by mutagenesis. The importance of acidic residues in binding the M. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:48696-707 pubmed
- Selva D, Hogeveen K, Hammond G. Repression of the human sex hormone-binding globulin gene in Sertoli cells by upstream stimulatory transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4462-8 pubmed
- Liu L, Xie N, Rennie P, Challis J, Gleave M, Lye S, et al. Consensus PP1 binding motifs regulate transcriptional corepression and alternative RNA splicing activities of the steroid receptor coregulators, p54nrb and PSF. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:1197-210 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the RVxF motifs play an important role in controlling the multifunctional properties of p54nrb and PSF in the regulation of gene transcription. ..
- Notenboom V, Boraston A, Chiu P, Freelove A, Kilburn D, Rose D. Recognition of cello-oligosaccharides by a family 17 carbohydrate-binding module: an X-ray crystallographic, thermodynamic and mutagenic study. J Mol Biol. 2001;314:797-806 pubmed..The structural differences in these two modules may reflect non-overlapping binding niches on cellulose surfaces. ..
- Solomon S, Xu Y, Wang B, David M, Schubert P, Kennedy D, et al. Distinct structural features of caprin-1 mediate its interaction with G3BP-1 and its induction of phosphorylation of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2alpha, entry to cytoplasmic stress granules, and selective interaction with a subset of mRN. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2324-42 pubmed..The Caprin-1/G3BP-1 complex is likely to regulate the transport and translation of mRNAs of proteins involved with synaptic plasticity in neurons and cellular proliferation and migration in multiple cell types. ..
- Si X, Wang Y, Wong J, Zhang J, McManus B, Luo H. Dysregulation of the ubiquitin-proteasome system by curcumin suppresses coxsackievirus B3 replication. J Virol. 2007;81:3142-50 pubmed..Thus, our results suggest an important antiviral effect of curcumin wherein it potently inhibits coxsackievirus replication through dysregulation of the UPS. ..
- Whitaker G, Angoli D, Nazzari H, Shigemoto R, Accili E. HCN2 and HCN4 isoforms self-assemble and co-assemble with equal preference to form functional pacemaker channels. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:22900-9 pubmed..Together, these data support the formation of HCN2-HCN4 heteromeric channels in native tissue. ..
- Deghmane A, Soualhine H, Soulhine H, Bach H, Sendide K, Itoh S, et al. Lipoamide dehydrogenase mediates retention of coronin-1 on BCG vacuoles, leading to arrest in phagosome maturation. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2796-806 pubmed..These findings provide further support for the relevance of the LpdC-coronin-1 interaction in phagosome maturation arrest. ..
- Cox J, Dean R, Roberts C, Overall C. Matrix metalloproteinase processing of CXCL11/I-TAC results in loss of chemoattractant activity and altered glycosaminoglycan binding. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:19389-99 pubmed publisher..Hence, these results reveal potential new roles in down-regulating Th1 lymphocyte chemoattraction through MMP processing of CXCL11. ..
- Zoubeidi A, Ettinger S, Beraldi E, Hadaschik B, Zardan A, Klomp L, et al. Clusterin facilitates COMMD1 and I-kappaB degradation to enhance NF-kappaB activity in prostate cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2010;8:119-30 pubmed publisher..We propose that elevated levels of sCLU promote prostate cancer cell survival by facilitating degradation of COMMD1 and I-kappaB, thereby activating the canonical NF-kappaB pathway. ..
- Guttman J, Lin A, Veiga E, Cossart P, Finlay B. Role for CD2AP and other endocytosis-associated proteins in enteropathogenic Escherichia coli pedestal formation. Infect Immun. 2010;78:3316-22 pubmed publisher..This study further demonstrates that endocytic proteins are key components of EPEC pedestals and suggests a novel endocytosis subversion strategy employed by these extracellular bacteria. ..
- She K, Ferreira J, Carvalho A, Craig A. Glutamate binding to the GluN2B subunit controls surface trafficking of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:27432-45 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results indicate that glutamate controls forward trafficking of NMDA receptors to the cell surface and to synapses and raise the intriguing idea that NMDA receptors may be functional at intracellular sites. ..
- Hirota J, Im H, Rahman M, Rumzhum N, Manetsch M, Pascoe C, et al. The nucleotide-binding domain and leucine-rich repeat protein-3 inflammasome is not activated in airway smooth muscle upon toll-like receptor-2 ligation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013;49:517-24 pubmed publisher..Activation of the NLRP3 inflammasome by invading pathogens may prove cell type-specific in exacerbations of airway inflammation in asthma. ..
- Das S, Gilchrist J, Bosmans F, Van Petegem F. Binary architecture of the Nav1.2-Î²2 signaling complex. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..2 (912/918)Cys residues. The concepts emerging from this work will help to form a model reflecting the Î²-subunit location in a Nav channel complex. ..
- Gong J, Uguccioni M, Dewald B, Baggiolini M, Clark Lewis I. RANTES and MCP-3 antagonists bind multiple chemokine receptors. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:10521-7 pubmed..The findings suggest the feasibility of design of high affinity multi-specific CC chemokine antagonists. ..
- Kurata H, Wang Z, Fedida D. NH2-terminal inactivation peptide binding to C-type-inactivated Kv channels. J Gen Physiol. 2004;123:505-20 pubmed
- Numao S, Damager I, Li C, Wrodnigg T, Begum A, Overall C, et al. In situ extension as an approach for identifying novel alpha-amylase inhibitors. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48282-91 pubmed..This approach to the discovery and structural analysis of amylase inhibitors should be generally applicable to other endoglucosidases and readily adaptable to a high throughput format. ..
- Lelj Garolla B, Mauk A. Self-association and chaperone activity of Hsp27 are thermally activated. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:8169-74 pubmed
- Randall D, Sinclair G, Colobong K, Hetty E, Clarke L. Heparin cofactor II-thrombin complex in MPS I: a biomarker of MPS disease. Mol Genet Metab. 2006;88:235-43 pubmed..In addition to its role as a biomarker, the discovery of increased serpin-serine protease complex formation provides a valuable insight into possible pathophysiological mechanisms of MPS disease. ..
- Tocheva E, Fortin P, Eltis L, Murphy M. Structures of ternary complexes of BphK, a bacterial glutathione S-transferase that reductively dechlorinates polychlorinated biphenyl metabolites. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:30933-40 pubmed publisher..Overall, the structures support and elaborate a proposed dehalogenation mechanism for BphK and provide insight into the plasticity of the H-subsite...
- Tesić M, Wicki J, Poon D, Withers S, Douglas D. Gas phase noncovalent protein complexes that retain solution binding properties: Binding of xylobiose inhibitors to the beta-1, 4 exoglucanase from cellulomonas fimi. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2007;18:64-73 pubmed..Thus the gas-phase complexes appear to retain much of their solution binding characteristics. ..
- Nielsen J, Graves M, Chelliah S, Vogl A, Roskelley C, McNagny K. The CD34-related molecule podocalyxin is a potent inducer of microvillus formation. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e237 pubmed
- Kumar R, Kushalappa K, Godt D, Pidkowich M, Pastorelli S, Hepworth S, et al. The Arabidopsis BEL1-LIKE HOMEODOMAIN proteins SAW1 and SAW2 act redundantly to regulate KNOX expression spatially in leaf margins. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2719-35 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that BLH2/SAW1 and BLH4/SAW2 establish leaf shape by repressing growth in specific subdomains of the leaf at least in part by repressing expression of one or more of the KNOX genes. ..
- Osusky M, Teschke L, Wang X, Wong K, Buckley J. A chimera of interleukin 2 and a binding variant of aerolysin is selectively toxic to cells displaying the interleukin 2 receptor. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1572-9 pubmed..The targeted channel-forming hybrid protein may have important advantages as a therapeutic agent. ..
- McDonald P, Oloumi A, Mills J, Dobreva I, Maidan M, Gray V, et al. Rictor and integrin-linked kinase interact and regulate Akt phosphorylation and cancer cell survival. Cancer Res. 2008;68:1618-24 pubmed publisher..These data show that rictor regulates the ability of ILK to promote Akt phosphorylation and cancer cell survival. ..
- Diering G, Church J, Numata M. Secretory Carrier Membrane Protein 2 Regulates Cell-surface Targeting of Brain-enriched Na+/H+ Exchanger NHE5. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:13892-903 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that SCAMP2 regulates NHE5 transit through recycling endosomes and promotes its surface targeting in an Arf6-dependent manner. ..
- Fu Y, Chang A, Chang L, Niessen K, Eapen S, Setiadi A, et al. Differential regulation of transforming growth factor beta signaling pathways by Notch in human endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19452-62 pubmed publisher..This is the first evidence that Notch activation affects R-Smad expression and that cooperative induction of histone acetylation at specific promoters underlies the selective synergy between Notch and TGFbeta signaling pathways. ..
- Kizhakkedathu J, Creagh A, Shenoi R, Rossi N, Brooks D, Chan T, et al. High molecular weight polyglycerol-based multivalent mannose conjugates. Biomacromolecules. 2010;11:2567-75 pubmed publisher..Although carbohydrate density has less of an effect on functional valency of the conjugate compared to the molecular size, it determines the binding affinity. ..
- Lau A, Yang G, Rajaraman G, Baucom C, Chang T. Differential effect of meclizine on the activity of human pregnane X receptor and constitutive androstane receptor. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011;336:816-26 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, meclizine is a hPXR agonist, and it does not act as a hCAR inverse agonist or antagonist in cultured human hepatocytes. ..
- Pless S, Leung A, Galpin J, Ahern C. Contributions of conserved residues at the gating interface of glycine receptors. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:35129-36 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, a salt bridge between Asp-148 and Arg-218 would provide a possible mechanistic explanation for the pathophysiologically relevant hyperekplexia, or startle disease, mutant Arg-218 ? Gln. ..
- Cheng S, Kuzyk M, Moradian A, Ichu T, Chang V, Tien J, et al. Interaction of cyclin-dependent kinase 12/CrkRS with cyclin K1 is required for the phosphorylation of the C-terminal domain of RNA polymerase II. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4691-704 pubmed publisher..These properties are consistent with a role of CDK12/CrkRS in regulating gene expression through phosphorylation of RNA Pol II. ..
- Scriven D, Moore E. Ca²? channel and Na?/Ca²? exchange localization in cardiac myocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;58:22-31 pubmed publisher..In this review we examine our current understanding of the molecular composition, binding partners and determinants of the localization of these proteins. ..
- Cheng C, Molday R. Interaction of 4.1G and cGMP-gated channels in rod photoreceptor outer segments. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:5725-34 pubmed publisher..Our studies indicate that 4.1G interacts with a subset of CNG channels in the ROS and implicate this protein-protein interaction in organizing the spatial arrangement of CNG channels in the plasma membrane of outer segments. ..
- Peng H, Talebzadeh Farrooji M, Osborne M, Prokop J, McDonald P, Karar J, et al. LIMD2 is a small LIM-only protein overexpressed in metastatic lesions that regulates cell motility and tumor progression by directly binding to and activating the integrin-linked kinase. Cancer Res. 2014;74:1390-1403 pubmed publisher..In summary, LIMD2 is a new component of the signal transduction cascade that links integrin-mediated signaling to cell motility/metastatic behavior and may be a promising target for controlling tumor spread. ..
- Takshi A, Yaghoubi H, Wang J, Jun D, Beatty J. Electrochemical Field-Effect Transistor Utilization to Study the Coupling Success Rate of Photosynthetic Protein Complexes to Cytochrome c. Biosensors (Basel). 2017;7: pubmed publisher..Due to the high sensitivity of the transistor, the approach can be used to make photosensors for detecting low light intensities. ..
- Shiota M, Zoubeidi A, Kumano M, Beraldi E, Naito S, Nelson C, et al. Clusterin is a critical downstream mediator of stress-induced YB-1 transactivation in prostate cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2011;9:1755-66 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that YB-1 transactivation of clusterin in response to stress is a critical mediator of paclitaxel resistance in prostate cancer. ..
- Yang Y, Meimetis L, Tien A, Mawji N, Carr G, Wang J, et al. Spongian diterpenoids inhibit androgen receptor activity. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:621-31 pubmed publisher..The ability to create analogues of diterpenoids that have varying antiandrogen activity represents a novel class of chemical compounds for the analysis of androgen receptor ligand-binding properties and therapeutic development. ..
- Kormos J, Johnson P, Brun E, Tomme P, McIntosh L, Haynes C, et al. Binding site analysis of cellulose binding domain CBD(N1) from endoglucanse C of Cellulomonas fimi by site-directed mutagenesis. Biochemistry. 2000;39:8844-52 pubmed..These studies indicated that the structures of both mutants were perturbed but that all perturbations are very near to the site of mutation. ..
- Metzler M, Legendre Guillemin V, Gan L, Chopra V, Kwok A, McPherson P, et al. HIP1 functions in clathrin-mediated endocytosis through binding to clathrin and adaptor protein 2. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:39271-6 pubmed..Expression of various HIP1 fragments leads to a potent block of clathrin-mediated endocytosis. Our findings demonstrate that HIP1 is a novel component of the endocytic machinery. ..
- McQuibban G, Butler G, Gong J, Bendall L, Power C, Clark Lewis I, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase activity inactivates the CXC chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:43503-8 pubmed..These data suggest that MMPs may be important regulatory proteases in attenuating SDF-1 function and point to a deep convergence of two important networks, chemokines and MMPs, to regulate leukocytic activity in vivo. ..
- Kurata H, Soon G, Eldstrom J, Lu G, Steele D, Fedida D. Amino-terminal determinants of U-type inactivation of voltage-gated K+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29045-53 pubmed..1. These data suggest that intersubunit T1 domain interactions influence U-type inactivation in Kv1 channels, and suggest a generalized influence of the T1 domain on U-type inactivation between Kv channel subfamilies. ..
- Brown K, Birkenhead D, Lai J, Li L, Li R, Johnson P. Regulation of hyaluronan binding by F-actin and colocalization of CD44 and phosphorylated ezrin/radixin/moesin (ERM) proteins in myeloid cells. Exp Cell Res. 2005;303:400-14 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that CD44-mediated hyaluronan binding in human myeloid cells is regulated by P-ERM and the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Mauk M, Rosell F, Lelj Garolla B, Moore G, Mauk A. Metal ion binding to human hemopexin. Biochemistry. 2005;44:1864-71 pubmed..A possible role for Hx in the maintenance of metal ion homeostasis is discussed. ..
- Marr N, Luu R, Fernandez R. Bordetella pertussis binds human C1 esterase inhibitor during the virulent phase, to evade complement-mediated killing. J Infect Dis. 2007;195:585-8 pubmed..pertussis resistance to complement-mediated killing. ..
- Joshi P, Hirst M, Malcolm T, Parent J, Mitchell D, Lund K, et al. Identification of protein interaction antagonists using the repressed transactivator two-hybrid system. Biotechniques. 2007;42:635-44 pubmed..These results demonstrate the capability of the RTA small molecule screening assay for discovery of potentially novel therapeutic compounds. ..
- Tavassoli P, Wafa L, Cheng H, Zoubeidi A, Fazli L, Gleave M, et al. TAF1 differentially enhances androgen receptor transcriptional activity via its N-terminal kinase and ubiquitin-activating and -conjugating domains. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:696-708 pubmed publisher..Because TAF1 is a coactivator of AR that binds and enhances AR transcriptional activity, its overexpression could be part of a compensatory mechanism adapted by cancer cells to overcome reduced levels of circulating androgens. ..
- Fan J, Vasuta O, Zhang L, Wang L, George A, Raymond L. N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit- and neuronal-type dependence of excitotoxic signaling through post-synaptic density 95. J Neurochem. 2010;115:1045-56 pubmed publisher..These results will facilitate development of neuronal type-specific protective therapies. ..
- Yung E, Sekulovic S, Argiropoulos B, Lai C, Leung M, Berg T, et al. Delineating domains and functions of NUP98 contributing to the leukemogenic activity of NUP98-HOX fusions. Leuk Res. 2011;35:545-50 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the functional interaction of NUP98 with Rae1 or the anaphase promoting complex appears non-essential for its role in NUP98-leukemogenic fusions. ..
- Yuchi Z, Van Petegem F. Common allosteric mechanisms between ryanodine and inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors. Channels (Austin). 2011;5:120-3 pubmed..This displacement can be affected by disease mutations, glutathionylation of a highly reactive cysteine residue, or ligand binding. ..
- O Connor M, Wederell E, Robertson G, Delaney A, Morozova O, Poon S, et al. Retinoblastoma-binding proteins 4 and 9 are important for human pluripotent stem cell maintenance. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:866-79.e1 pubmed publisher..These data provide valuable new leads for further elucidating mechanisms of human pluripotency. ..
- Lovering A, Gretes M, Safadi S, Danel F, De Castro L, Page M, et al. Structural insights into the anti-methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) activity of ceftobiprole. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:32096-102 pubmed publisher..This structure provides the first look at the molecular details of an effective ?-lactam-resistant PBP interaction, leading to new insights into the mechanism of ceftobiprole efficacy against MRSA. ..
- Chen V, Kristensen A, Foster L, Naus C. Association of connexin43 with E3 ubiquitin ligase TRIM21 reveals a mechanism for gap junction phosphodegron control. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:6134-46 pubmed publisher..Our finding of the interaction of Cx43 with TRIM21 provides mechanisms for the down-regulation of GJ intercellular communication that are known to impact a variety of physiological processes. ..
- Felberg J, Lefebvre D, Lam M, Wang Y, Ng D, Birkenhead D, et al. Subdomain X of the kinase domain of Lck binds CD45 and facilitates dephosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:3455-62 pubmed..This demonstrates a role for CD45-D2 in binding substrate and identifies the SD10 region in Lck as a novel site involved in substrate recognition. ..
- Rahmani M, Read J, Carthy J, McDonald P, Wong B, Esfandiarei M, et al. Regulation of the versican promoter by the beta-catenin-T-cell factor complex in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13019-28 pubmed
- Ou D, Wang X, Metzger D, Robbins M, Huang J, Jobin C, et al. Regulation of TNF-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-mediated death-signal pathway in human beta cells by Fas-associated death domain and nuclear factor kappaB. Hum Immunol. 2005;66:799-809 pubmed
- Li Y, Jones S, Cherkasov A. Selective targeting of indel-inferred differences in spatial structures of homologous proteins. J Bioinform Comput Biol. 2006;4:403-14 pubmed..While experimental evidence is required to verify our results, our findings thus far appear to support this approach as a new strategy for the development of antagonists against pathogenic targets having close human homologs. ..
- Fonseca B, Smith E, Lee V, MacKintosh C, Proud C. PRAS40 is a target for mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 and is required for signaling downstream of this complex. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:24514-24 pubmed..However, this has no effect on the phosphorylation of Akt or TSC2 (an Akt substrate). These data place PRAS40 downstream of mTORC1 but upstream of its effectors, such as S6K1 and 4E-BP1. ..
- Proud C. Cell signaling. mTOR, unleashed. Science. 2007;318:926-7 pubmed
- Lee V, Healy T, Fonseca B, Hayashi A, Proud C. Analysis of the regulatory motifs in eukaryotic initiation factor 4E-binding protein 1. FEBS J. 2008;275:2185-99 pubmed publisher..These data provide important information on the structural requirements for efficient signalling downstream of mTORC1. ..
- Dalal K, Nguyen N, Alami M, Tan J, Moraes T, Lee W, et al. Structure, binding, and activity of Syd, a SecY-interacting protein. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7897-902 pubmed publisher..These results support the role of Syd in proofreading the SecY complex biogenesis and point to the electrostatic nature of the Sec channel interaction with its cytosolic partners. ..
- Sun J, Deghmane A, Bucci C, Hmama Z. Detection of activated Rab7 GTPase with an immobilized RILP probe. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;531:57-69 pubmed publisher..Active Rab7 bound to immobilized recombinant RILP on latex beads can be detected quantitatively by either classical Western blotting or flow cytometry. ..
- Sarhan M, Van Petegem F, Ahern C. A double tyrosine motif in the cardiac sodium channel domain III-IV linker couples calcium-dependent calmodulin binding to inactivation gating. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33265-74 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that calcium-dependent calmodulin binding to the sodium channel inactivation gate double tyrosine motif is required for calcium regulation of the cardiac sodium channel. ..