Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on multiprotein complexes in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Locale: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Topic: multiprotein complexes
- Hsing M, Bellenson J, Shankey C, Cherkasov A. Modeling of cell signaling pathways in macrophages by semantic networks. BMC Bioinformatics. 2004;5:156 pubmed..The simulation demonstrated the dynamics of the semantic network, where a change of states on a molecule can alter its function and potentially cause a chain-reaction effect in the system. ..
- Schluter C, Lam K, Brumm J, Wu B, Saunders M, Stevens T, et al. Global analysis of yeast endosomal transport identifies the vps55/68 sorting complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1282-94 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest the Vps55/68 complex mediates a novel, conserved step in the endosomal maturation process. ..
- Averous J, Fonseca B, Proud C. Regulation of cyclin D1 expression by mTORC1 signaling requires eukaryotic initiation factor 4E-binding protein 1. Oncogene. 2008;27:1106-13 pubmed
- Fonseca B, Smith E, Lee V, MacKintosh C, Proud C. PRAS40 is a target for mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 and is required for signaling downstream of this complex. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:24514-24 pubmed..However, this has no effect on the phosphorylation of Akt or TSC2 (an Akt substrate). These data place PRAS40 downstream of mTORC1 but upstream of its effectors, such as S6K1 and 4E-BP1. ..
- Burkinshaw B, Strynadka N. Assembly and structure of the T3SS. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:1649-63 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Protein trafficking and secretion in bacteria. Guest Editors: Anastassios Economou and Ross Dalbey. ..
- Gies E, Wilde I, Winget J, Brack M, Rotblat B, Novoa C, et al. Niclosamide prevents the formation of large ubiquitin-containing aggregates caused by proteasome inhibition. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14410 pubmed publisher..Both systems are interconnected and, in some instances, autophagy can redirect proteasome substrates to the lysosomes...
- Rossetto D, Cramet M, Wang A, Steunou A, Lacoste N, Schulze J, et al. Eaf5/7/3 form a functionally independent NuA4 submodule linked to RNA polymerase II-coupled nucleosome recycling. EMBO J. 2014;33:1397-415 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results lead to a model where Eaf5/7/3 associates with elongating polymerase to promote the disruption of nucleosomes in its path, but also their refolding in its wake. ..
- Ng T, Leprivier G, Robertson M, Chow C, Martin M, Laderoute K, et al. The AMPK stress response pathway mediates anoikis resistance through inhibition of mTOR and suppression of protein synthesis. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:501-10 pubmed publisher..Our data implicate AMPK-mediated mTORC1 inhibition and suppression of protein synthesis as a means for bioenergetic conservation during detachment, thus promoting anoikis resistance. ..
- Escobar Cabrera E, Lau D, Giovinazzi S, Ishov A, McIntosh L. Structural characterization of the DAXX N-terminal helical bundle domain and its complex with Rassf1C. Structure. 2010;18:1642-53 pubmed publisher..These data provide a structural foundation for understanding the diverse functions of DAXX. ..
- Yu H, Finlay B. The caspase-1 inflammasome: a pilot of innate immune responses. Cell Host Microbe. 2008;4:198-208 pubmed publisher..Thus, the inflammasome and associated signaling pathways are attractive targets for new therapeutics and vaccines. ..
- Fonseca B, Lee V, Proud C. The binding of PRAS40 to 14-3-3 proteins is not required for activation of mTORC1 signalling by phorbol esters/ERK. Biochem J. 2008;411:141-9 pubmed publisher..Indeed, our results suggest that PRAS40 may not actually be involved in controlling mTORC1, but rather be a downstream target of mTORC1 that is regulated in response only to specific stimuli, such as insulin. ..
- Maillard A, Lalani S, Silva F, Belin D, Duong F. Deregulation of the SecYEG translocation channel upon removal of the plug domain. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:1281-7 pubmed..We propose that the plug contributes to the gating mechanism of the channel by maintaining the structure of the SecYEG complex in a compact closed state. ..
- Tam P, Maillard A, Chan K, Duong F. Investigating the SecY plug movement at the SecYEG translocation channel. EMBO J. 2005;24:3380-8 pubmed..We propose that oligomerization may result in SecYEG cooperative interactions important to prime the translocon function. ..
- Yong Z, Kotur Z, Glass A. Characterization of an intact two-component high-affinity nitrate transporter from Arabidopsis roots. Plant J. 2010;63:739-48 pubmed publisher..The molecular mass of the intact oligomer suggests that the functional unit for high-affinity nitrate influx may be a tetramer consisting of two subunits each of AtNRT2.1 and AtNAR2.1. ..
- McLellan J, O Neil N, Tarailo S, Stoepel J, Bryan J, Rose A, et al. Synthetic lethal genetic interactions that decrease somatic cell proliferation in Caenorhabditis elegans identify the alternative RFC CTF18 as a candidate cancer drug target. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:5306-13 pubmed publisher..elegans. Furthermore, the C. elegans assay system will contribute to our knowledge of genetic interactions in a multicellular animal and is a powerful approach to identify new cancer therapeutic targets. ..
- Grants J, Ying L, Yoda A, You C, Okano H, Sawa H, et al. The Mediator Kinase Module Restrains Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Signaling and Represses Vulval Cell Fate Specification in Caenorhabditis elegans. Genetics. 2016;202:583-99 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data offer an explanation for CKM repression of EGFR signaling output and ectopic vulva formation and provide the first evidence of Mediator CKM-tail module subunit crosstalk in animals. ..
- Yang Y, Kelly P, Shaffer A, Schmitz R, Yoo H, Liu X, et al. Targeting Non-proteolytic Protein Ubiquitination for the Treatment of Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:494-507 pubmed publisher..SMAC mimetics target cIAP1/2 for destruction, and consequently suppress NF-?B and selectively kill BCR-dependent ABC DLBCL lines, supporting their clinical evaluation in patients with ABC DLBCL. ..
- Yoon S, Shin S, Karreth F, Buel G, Jedrychowski M, Plas D, et al. Focal Adhesion- and IGF1R-Dependent Survival and Migratory Pathways Mediate Tumor Resistance to mTORC1/2 Inhibition. Mol Cell. 2017;67:512-527.e4 pubmed publisher..This resistance mechanism contributes to xenograft tumor cell growth, which is prevented with mTOR plus IGFR inhibitors, supporting this combination as a therapeutic approach for cancers. ..