Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hypothalamus in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Locale: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Kumar U. Colocalization of somatostatin receptor subtypes (SSTR1-5) with somatostatin, NADPH-diaphorase (NADPH-d), and tyrosine hydroxylase in the rat hypothalamus. J Comp Neurol. 2007;504:185-205 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that SSTRs may interact with NADPH-d and TH to exert a physiological role in concert within the hypothalamus. ..
- Soma K, Sinchak K, Lakhter A, Schlinger B, Micevych P. Neurosteroids and female reproduction: estrogen increases 3beta-HSD mRNA and activity in rat hypothalamus. Endocrinology. 2005;146:4386-90 pubmed..These data support the hypothesis that PROG is a neurosteroid, produced locally in the hypothalamus from cholesterol, which functions in the estrogen positive-feedback mechanism driving the LH surge. ..
- Prentice L, d Anglemont de Tassigny X, McKinney S, Ruiz de Algara T, Yap D, Turashvili G, et al. The testosterone-dependent and independent transcriptional networks in the hypothalamus of Gpr54 and Kiss1 knockout male mice are not fully equivalent. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:209 pubmed publisher..Taken together, global transcriptional profiling shows that loss of GPR54 and kisspeptin are not fully equivalent in the mouse hypothalamus. ..
- Karunakaran S, Manji A, Yan C, Wu Z, Clee S. Moo1 obesity quantitative trait locus in BTBR T+ Itpr3tf/J mice increases food intake. Physiol Genomics. 2013;45:191-9 pubmed publisher..These studies show that the Moo1 obesity QTL affects food intake, likely through a novel mechanism, and indicate that modulation of the underlying pathway may not only ameliorate obesity but also its clinical consequences. ..
- Chan E, Nasir J, Gutekunst C, Coleman S, Maclean A, Maas A, et al. Targeted disruption of Huntingtin-associated protein-1 (Hap1) results in postnatal death due to depressed feeding behavior. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:945-59 pubmed..HAP-1 is particularly enriched in the hypothalamus, which is well documented to regulate feeding behavior. Our results demonstrate that HAP-1 plays an essential role in regulating postnatal feeding. ..
- Sohn C, Lam R. Update on the biology of seasonal affective disorder. CNS Spectr. 2005;10:635-46; quiz 1-14 pubmed
- Kumar U. Immunohistochemical distribution of somatostatin and somatostatin receptor subtypes (SSTR1-5) in hypothalamus of ApoD knockout mice brain. J Mol Neurosci. 2012;48:684-95 pubmed..In conclusion, the changes in hypothalamus of ApoD(-/-) mice may indicate potential role of ApoD in regulation of endocrine functions of somatostatin in a receptor-dependent manner. ..