Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Locale: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Publications1243 found, 100 shown here
- Macnab A, Sun C, Lowe J. Randomized, controlled trial of three levels of critical incident stress intervention. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2003;18:367-71 pubmed..Requests for critical incident stress intervention were uncommon. The need for intervention may not be as great as generally is assumed. Further randomized trials, ideally multicenter studies, are indicated. ..
- Alvarez C, Tredwell S, Keenan S, Beauchamp R, Choit R, Sawatzky B, et al. Treatment of idiopathic clubfoot utilizing botulinum A toxin: a new method and its short-term outcomes. J Pediatr Orthop. 2005;25:229-35 pubmed..The use of BTX-A as an adjunctive therapy in the noninvasive approach of manipulation and casting in idiopathic clubfoot is a safe and effective treatment. ..
- McNamee A, Sweet D, Pretty I. A comparative reliability analysis of computer-generated bitemark overlays. J Forensic Sci. 2005;50:400-5 pubmed..It was concluded that both techniques were reliable methods to produce bitemark overlays in assessing tooth position...
- Weber C, Rush D, Jeffery J, Cheang M, Karpinski M. Kidney transplantation outcomes in Canadian aboriginals. Am J Transplant. 2006;6:1875-81 pubmed..In conclusion, kidney transplant outcomes have historically been inferior in the Manitoba population of Canadian Aboriginals. ..
- Churg A, Muller N, Silva C, Wright J. Acute exacerbation (acute lung injury of unknown cause) in UIP and other forms of fibrotic interstitial pneumonias. Am J Surg Pathol. 2007;31:277-84 pubmed..Our data also imply that survival (of the acute episode) may be better than the literature suggests. ..
- Ayas N, Norena M, Wong H, Chittock D, Dodek P. Pneumothorax after insertion of central venous catheters in the intensive care unit: association with month of year and week of month. Qual Saf Health Care. 2007;16:252-5 pubmed..Whether this effect applies to other patient safety outcomes in the ICU also needs further study. ..
- Kingwell S, Curt A, Dvorak M. Factors affecting neurological outcome in traumatic conus medullaris and cauda equina injuries. Neurosurg Focus. 2008;25:E7 pubmed publisher..Overall, CEIs and CMIs have similar outcomes, which include ambulatory motor function and a variable persistence of bowel, bladder, and potentially sexual dysfunctions. ..
- Richardson L, Hemsing N, Greaves L, Assanand S, Allen P, McCullough L, et al. Preventing smoking in young people: a systematic review of the impact of access interventions. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2009;6:1485-514 pubmed publisher..However, further research is required to examine the effects of access restriction interventions on young people's smoking behaviour. ..
- Wright J, Musini V. First-line drugs for hypertension. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009;:CD001841 pubmed publisher..First-line ACE inhibitors and calcium channel blockers may be similarly effective but the evidence is less robust. First-line high-dose thiazides and first-line beta-blockers are inferior to first-line low-dose thiazides. ..
- Alkhalifah A, Alsantali A, Wang E, McElwee K, Shapiro J. Alopecia areata update: part I. Clinical picture, histopathology, and pathogenesis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010;62:177-88, quiz 189-90 pubmed publisher..Part one of this two-part series on AA describes the clinical presentation and the associated histopathologic picture. It also proposes a hypothesis for AA development based on the most recent knowledge of disease pathogenesis...
- Stratford A, Reipas K, Maxwell C, Dunn S. Targeting tumour-initiating cells to improve the cure rates for triple-negative breast cancer. Expert Rev Mol Med. 2010;12:e22 pubmed publisher..Particular emphasis is placed on targeting these molecules in order to eliminate and/or prevent the induction of TICs and ultimately reduce the frequency of TNBC recurrence. ..
- Spittal P, Pearce M, Chavoshi N, Christian W, Moniruzzaman A, Teegee M, et al. The Cedar Project: high incidence of HCV infections in a longitudinal study of young Aboriginal people who use drugs in two Canadian cities. BMC Public Health. 2012;12:632 pubmed publisher..Young people must be afforded the opportunity to provide leadership and input in the development of prevention programming. ..
- Sepehry A, Lee P, Hsiung G, Beattie B, Jacova C. Effect of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in Alzheimer's disease with comorbid depression: a meta-analysis of depression and cognitive outcomes. Drugs Aging. 2012;29:793-806 pubmed publisher..However, studies differed in terms of criteria for diagnosis of depression, the compound tested and outcome measures for depression. These factors could account for the lack of a clear benefit for depression. ..
- Vashchenko G, MacGillivray R. Multi-copper oxidases and human iron metabolism. Nutrients. 2013;5:2289-313 pubmed publisher..In this manuscript, we review the biochemical and biological properties of the three human MCOs and discuss their potential roles in human iron homeostasis. ..
- Yang Y, Kelly P, Shaffer A, Schmitz R, Yoo H, Liu X, et al. Targeting Non-proteolytic Protein Ubiquitination for the Treatment of Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:494-507 pubmed publisher..SMAC mimetics target cIAP1/2 for destruction, and consequently suppress NF-?B and selectively kill BCR-dependent ABC DLBCL lines, supporting their clinical evaluation in patients with ABC DLBCL. ..
- Tai J, Cheung S, Cheah S, Chan E, Hasman D. In vitro anti-proliferative and antioxidant studies on Devil's Club Oplopanax horridus. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006;108:228-35 pubmed..7 cells (p<0.001). Our data show that the ethanolic extract of OH has anti-proliferative on several cancer cell lines, and has strong antioxidant activity. ..
- Mori T, Westerberg B, Atashband S, Kozak F. Natural history of hearing loss in children with enlarged vestibular aqueduct syndrome. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2008;37:112-8 pubmed..To determine the natural history of hearing loss in children with enlarged vestibular aqueduct (EVA) syndrome...
- Bretherick K, Fairbrother N, Avila L, Harbord S, Robinson W. Fertility and aging: do reproductive-aged Canadian women know what they need to know?. Fertil Steril. 2010;93:2162-8 pubmed publisher..Education regarding the rate at which reproductive capacity declines with age is necessary to avoid unintended childlessness among female academics and professionals. ..
- Nosyk B, Sun H, Bansback N, Guh D, Li X, Barnett P, et al. The concurrent validity and responsiveness of the health utilities index (HUI 3) among patients with advanced HIV/AIDS. Qual Life Res. 2009;18:815-24 pubmed publisher..66 [0.56, 0.76]), but not responsive to adverse events (0.56 [0.46, 0.68]). The HUI3 is a valid and responsive measure of the change in HRQoL associated with clinical events in an advanced HIV/AIDS population. ..
- Dionne F, Mitton C, Rassekh R, Brooks B, Ross C, Hayden M, et al. Economic impact of a genetic test for cisplatin-induced ototoxicity. Pharmacogenomics J. 2012;12:205-13 pubmed publisher..This translates into a potential present value savings of over $2.4 million annually in British Columbia and over $19.6 million in Canada. ..
- Weir D, Sturrock A, Leavitt B. Development of biomarkers for Huntington's disease. Lancet Neurol. 2011;10:573-90 pubmed publisher..Clinical, cognitive, neuroimaging, and biochemical biomarkers are being investigated for their potential in clinical use and their value in the development of future treatments for patients with Huntington's disease. ..
- Esmailzadeh S, Jiang X. AHI-1: a novel signaling protein and potential therapeutic target in human leukemia and brain disorders. Oncotarget. 2011;2:918-34 pubmed..Ultimately, this knowledge will set the stage for translation into new and more effective diagnostic and treatment strategies...
- Zhu Q, Kingwell S, Li Z, Pan H, Lu W, Oxland T. Enhancing pedicle screw fixation in the aging spine with a novel bioactive bone cement: an in vitro biomechanical study. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012;37:E1030-7 pubmed publisher..43 ± 19%) (P = 0.036). This paired-design study identified some subtle but mostly nonsignificant differences in immediate biomechanical fixation of pedicle screws augmented with the Sr-HA cement compared with the PMMA cement. ..
- Heran B, Chen J, Wang J, Wright J. Blood pressure lowering efficacy of potassium-sparing diuretics (that block the epithelial sodium channel) for primary hypertension. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012;11:CD008167 pubmed publisher..The review did not provide a good estimate of the incidence of harms associated with ENaC blockers. ..
- Mitton C, Levy A, Gorsky D, MacNeil C, Dionne F, Marrie T. Allocating limited resources in a time of fiscal constraints: a priority setting case study from Dalhousie University Faculty of Medicine. Acad Med. 2013;88:939-45 pubmed publisher..Overall, faculty and staff preferred the PBMA approach to previous practices. Other institutions should use this example to set priorities in times of fiscal constraints. ..
- von Dadelszen P, Magee L, Payne B, Dunsmuir D, Drebit S, Dumont G, et al. Moving beyond silos: How do we provide distributed personalized medicine to pregnant women everywhere at scale? Insights from PRE-EMPT. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015;131 Suppl 1:S10-5 pubmed publisher..In our opinion, this offers the greatest opportunity to provide distributed individualized care at scale, and soon. ..
- Karimi D, Ward R. A denoising algorithm for projection measurements in cone-beam computed tomography. Comput Biol Med. 2016;69:71-82 pubmed publisher..Denoising of the projections with the proposed algorithm leads to a significant reduction of the noise in the reconstructed images without oversmoothing the edges or introducing artifacts. ..
- Andrade A, Pacheco S, Silva F, Pinheiro L, Castro J, Amaral C, et al. Characterization of hepatitis B virus infection in illicit drug users in the Marajó Archipelago, northern Brazil. Arch Virol. 2017;162:227-233 pubmed publisher..We hope that these findings will contribute to the development of strategies, actions and public health policies aimed at preventing and controlling this viral infection more effectively. ..
- Moayyedi P, Lacy B, Andrews C, Enns R, Howden C, Vakil N. ACG and CAG Clinical Guideline: Management of Dyspepsia. Am J Gastroenterol. 2017;112:988-1013 pubmed publisher..We recommend PPI, TCA and prokinetic therapy (in that order) in those that fail therapy or are H. pylori negative. We do not recommend routine upper gastrointestinal (GI) motility testing but it may be useful in selected patients. ..
- Smith D, McGraw R, Taylor D, Masri B. Arterial complications and total knee arthroplasty. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2001;9:253-7 pubmed
- Cheetham S, Tang M, Mesak F, Kennecke H, Owen D, Tai I. SPARC promoter hypermethylation in colorectal cancers can be reversed by 5-Aza-2'deoxycytidine to increase SPARC expression and improve therapy response. Br J Cancer. 2008;98:1810-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the results reveal the therapeutic utility of employing demethylating agents to improve response through augmentation of SPARC expression. ..
- Verreault M, Strutt D, Masin D, Anantha M, Yung A, Kozlowski P, et al. Vascular normalization in orthotopic glioblastoma following intravenous treatment with lipid-based nanoparticulate formulations of irinotecan (Irinophore C™), doxorubicin (Caelyx®) or vincristine. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:124 pubmed publisher
- Hentrich T, Schulze J, Emberly E, Kobor M. CHROMATRA: a Galaxy tool for visualizing genome-wide chromatin signatures. Bioinformatics. 2012;28:717-8 pubmed publisher..It integrates into typical analysis workflows and enables rapid graphical assessment and comparison of genome-wide data at a glance. https://github.com/cmmt/chromatra. ..
- Krause F, Veljkovic A, Schmid T. Supramalleolar Osteotomies for Posttraumatic Malalignment of the Distal Tibia. Foot Ankle Clin. 2016;21:1-14 pubmed publisher..However, based on the limited evidence, a grade I treatment recommendation has been given for supramalleolar osteotomies of the tibia to treat mild to moderate ankle arthritis in the presence of distal tibial malalignment. ..
- Boycott K, Rath A, Chong J, Hartley T, Alkuraya F, Baynam G, et al. International Cooperation to Enable the Diagnosis of All Rare Genetic Diseases. Am J Hum Genet. 2017;100:695-705 pubmed publisher..Each successful discovery will define potential diagnostic, preventive, and therapeutic opportunities for the corresponding rare disease, enabling precision medicine for this patient population. ..
- Wong E, Jenne D, Zimmer M, Porter S, Gilks C. Changes in chromatin organization at the neutrophil elastase locus associated with myeloid cell differentiation. Blood. 1999;94:3730-6 pubmed..The altered chromatin structure specific to cells that actively transcribe the AZU1-PRTN3-ELA2 genes suggests that chromatin reorganization is an important mechanism regulating the myeloid-specific transcription of this gene cluster. ..
- White V, Lewallen S, Beare N, Kayira K, Carr R, Taylor T. Correlation of retinal haemorrhages with brain haemorrhages in children dying of cerebral malaria in Malawi. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2001;95:618-21 pubmed..01 for both). Severity of haemorrhage in the retina correlates well with that in the brain. Retinal examination in cerebral malaria is a useful tool in predicting some of the pathophysiological processes occurring in the brain. ..
- Heath K, Chan K, Singer J, O Shaughnessy M, Montaner J, Hogg R. Incidence of morphological and lipid abnormalities: gender and treatment differentials after initiation of first antiretroviral therapy. Int J Epidemiol. 2002;31:1016-20 pubmed..Use of PI was consistently associated with all lipodystrophy-related abnormalities after adjustment for a broad range of patient personal, clinical and treatment characteristics. ..
- Macdonald Jankowski D. Fibro-osseous lesions of the face and jaws. Clin Radiol. 2004;59:11-25 pubmed..The most important and frequent features of the FOLs differential diagnosis is discussed with assistance of a flow-chart...
- Macauley M, Errington W, Okon M, Schärpf M, Mackereth C, Schulman B, et al. Structural and dynamic independence of isopeptide-linked RanGAP1 and SUMO-1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:49131-7 pubmed..We hypothesize that this conformational flexibility may be a general feature contributing to the recognition of ubiquitin-like modified proteins by their downstream effector machineries. ..
- Foster G, Sheel A. The human diving response, its function, and its control. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2005;15:3-12 pubmed..We suggest that future research should be focused towards understanding the role of altered ventilatory responses in human breath-hold athletes as well as in patients suffering from sleep-disordered breathing. ..
- Raouf A, Brown L, Vrcelj N, To K, Kwok W, Huntsman D, et al. Genomic instability of human mammary epithelial cells overexpressing a truncated form of EMSY. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005;97:1302-6 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that EMSY overexpression can play a role in the genesis of human breast cancer. ..
- Tansley G, Burgess B, Bryan M, Su Y, Hirsch Reinshagen V, Pearce J, et al. The cholesterol transporter ABCG1 modulates the subcellular distribution and proteolytic processing of beta-amyloid precursor protein. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:1022-34 pubmed..These findings suggest that altered cholesterol metabolism and APP trafficking mediated by ABCG1 may contribute to the accelerated onset of AD neuropathology in DS...
- Sutton T, Tayyari F, Khan M, Manson H, Hegele R. T helper 1 background protects against airway hyperresponsiveness and inflammation in guinea pigs with persistent respiratory syncytial virus infection. Pediatr Res. 2007;61:525-9 pubmed..Heterogeneity in virus-host interactions may be relevant to understanding why some children hospitalized for RSV bronchiolitis go on to develop recurrent wheezing/asthma symptoms. ..
- Guenette J, Vogiatzis I, Zakynthinos S, Athanasopoulos D, Koskolou M, Golemati S, et al. Human respiratory muscle blood flow measured by near-infrared spectroscopy and indocyanine green. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2008;104:1202-10 pubmed publisher..995, P = 0.005), and 3) transdiaphragmatic pressure (r = 0.998, P = 0.002). These data suggest that the NIRS-ICG technique provides a feasible and sensitive index of RMBF at different levels of ventilation in humans. ..
- Liu Z, Zhang H, Yuan J, Lim T, Sall A, Taylor G, et al. Focal adhesion kinase mediates the interferon-gamma-inducible GTPase-induced phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt survival pathway and further initiates a positive feedback loop of NF-kappaB activation. Cell Microbiol. 2008;10:1787-800 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that FAK is a mediator upstream of PI3K/Akt and NF-kappaB functions as a downstream effector and also positively regulates the activity of upstream kinases. ..
- Raouf A, Zhao Y, To K, Stingl J, Delaney A, Barbara M, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the normal human mammary cell commitment and differentiation process. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;3:109-18 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings provide an initial foundation for future delineation of mechanisms that perturb primitive human mammary cell growth and differentiation. ..
- Yip L, Mikelberg F. A comparison of the glaucoma probability score to earlier heidelberg retina tomograph data analysis tools in classifying normal and glaucoma patients. J Glaucoma. 2008;17:513-6 pubmed publisher..The GPS compared similarly with the MRA without the need of additional contour line placements. Disc size is still an important factor in classification by the GPS and the other LDFs. ..
- Conlin V, Wu X, Nguyen C, Dai C, Vallance B, Buchan A, et al. Vasoactive intestinal peptide ameliorates intestinal barrier disruption associated with Citrobacter rodentium-induced colitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G735-50 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results indicate that VIP protects the colonic epithelial barrier by minimizing bacterial-induced redistribution of tight junction proteins in part through actions on MLCK and MLC phosphorylation...
- Ng S, Torjek C, Hovan A. Management of Frey syndrome using botulinum neurotoxin: a case report. J Can Dent Assoc. 2009;75:651-4 pubmed
- Es Salah Lamoureux Z, Fougere R, Xiong P, Robertson G, Fedida D. Fluorescence-tracking of activation gating in human ERG channels reveals rapid S4 movement and slow pore opening. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10876 pubmed publisher..3) No direct evidence was obtained of conformational changes related to inactivation from fluorophores attached at the outer end of S4. ..
- Tsuda H, Almeida F, Tsuda T, Moritsuchi Y, Lowe A. Craniofacial changes after 2 years of nasal continuous positive airway pressure use in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Chest. 2010;138:870-4 pubmed publisher..The use of an nCPAP machine for > 2 years may change craniofacial form by reducing maxillary and mandibular prominence and/or by altering the relationship between the dental arches. ..
- Grzybowski S, Stoll K, Kornelsen J. Distance matters: a population based study examining access to maternity services for rural women. BMC Health Serv Res. 2011;11:147 pubmed publisher..Distance matters: rural parturient women who have to travel to access maternity services have increased rates of adverse prenatal outcomes. ..
- Lo B, Jalili R, Zloty D, Ghahary A, Cowan B, Dutz J, et al. CXCR3 ligands promote expression of functional indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in basal cell carcinoma keratinocytes. Br J Dermatol. 2011;165:1030-6 pubmed publisher..Also, IDO enzymatic activity may be modulated by CXCR3/CXCL11 signalling in BCCs. ..
- Chen G, Cheng Y, Zhang Z, Martinka M, Li G. Prognostic significance of cytoplasmic p27 expression in human melanoma. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2011;20:2212-21 pubmed publisher..Because there is no reliable prognostic marker for metastatic melanoma, our finding may have important clinical implications using cytoplasmic p27 as a prognostic biomarker for advanced melanoma. ..
- Davis J, McNeill H, Wasdell M, Chunick S, Bryan S. Focussing both eyes on health outcomes: revisiting cataract surgery. BMC Geriatr. 2012;12:50 pubmed publisher..Neither threshold level for MDC or MCID for the VF-14 scale was achieved for a majority of patients. A plausible explanation for this is the very high levels of pre-operative visual functioning. ..
- Fernández L, Hancock R. Adaptive and mutational resistance: role of porins and efflux pumps in drug resistance. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2012;25:661-81 pubmed publisher..The identification of porins and pumps as major resistance markers has opened new possibilities for the development of novel therapeutic strategies directed specifically against these mechanisms. ..
- Man S, Nunez D. Tympanoplasty--conchal cavum approach. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2016;45:1 pubmed publisher..NCT02000843 at ClinicalTrials.gov. ..
- Kirkham A, Bland K, Sayyari S, Campbell K, Davis M. Clinically Relevant Physical Benefits of Exercise Interventions in Breast Cancer Survivors. Curr Oncol Rep. 2016;18:12 pubmed publisher..It will also describe potential differences in intervention delivery that may impact outcomes and, lastly, describe current physical activity guidelines for cancer survivors. ..
- Burgess S, Abu Laban R, Slavik R, Vu E, Zed P. A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials Comparing Hypertonic Sodium Solutions and Mannitol for Traumatic Brain Injury: Implications for Emergency Department Management. Ann Pharmacother. 2016;50:291-300 pubmed publisher..HTS appears to lead to fewer ICP treatment failures. ..
- Nguyen V, Young N, Hinch S, Cooke S. Getting past the blame game: Convergence and divergence in perceived threats to salmon resources among anglers and indigenous fishers in Canada's lower Fraser River. Ambio. 2016;45:591-601 pubmed publisher..These patterns provide a potential roadmap for consensus building, and suggest possible avenues for policy-makers to defuse the "blame game" that often dominates this type of conflict. ..
- O Hearn K, McNally D, Choong K, Acharya A, Wong H, Lawson M, et al. Steroids in fluid and/or vasoactive infusion dependent pediatric shock: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2016;17:238 pubmed publisher..The STRIPES pilot study will assess the feasibility of a larger, much needed trial powered for clinically important outcomes. ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT02044159. ..
- Gibson B, Rochat P, Tone E, Baron A. Sources of implicit and explicit intergroup race bias among African-American children and young adults. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183015 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the importance of considering environmental factors in shaping the magnitude and direction of implicit and explicit race bias among African-Americans rather than treating them as a monolithic group. ..
- Bai L, Chang H, Cheng J, Chu G, Leung P, Yang G. ALK2/ALK3-BMPR2/ACVR2A Mediate BMP2-Induced Downregulation of Pentraxin 3 Expression in Human Granulosa-Lutein Cells. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3501-3511 pubmed publisher..These results improve our understanding of the molecular mechanisms of BMP2 signaling. Our findings suggest that BMP2 may be involved in the regulation of cumulus expansion during the periovulatory stage...
- Campos R, Buchan A, Meloche R, Pederson R, Kwok Y, Coy D. Gastrin secretion from human antral G cells in culture. Gastroenterology. 1990;99:36-44 pubmed..Furthermore, the adenylate cyclase and phosphatidyl inositide second messenger systems seem to be intracellular mediators of gastrin secretion from human antral G cells. ..
- Damen J, Cutler R, Jiao H, Yi T, Krystal G. Phosphorylation of tyrosine 503 in the erythropoietin receptor (EpR) is essential for binding the P85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase and for EpR-associated PI 3-kinase activity. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:23402-8 pubmed
- Thorsteinsdottir U, Sauvageau G, Hough M, Dragowska W, Lansdorp P, Lawrence H, et al. Overexpression of HOXA10 in murine hematopoietic cells perturbs both myeloid and lymphoid differentiation and leads to acute myeloid leukemia. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:495-505 pubmed..These results thus add to recognition of Hox genes as important regulators of hematopoiesis and provide important new evidence of Hox gene-specific functions that may correlate with their normal expression pattern. ..
- MacGillivray R, Moore S, Chen J, Anderson B, Baker H, Luo Y, et al. Two high-resolution crystal structures of the recombinant N-lobe of human transferrin reveal a structural change implicated in iron release. Biochemistry. 1998;37:7919-28 pubmed..These structures are consistent with the protonation of the carbonate and resulting partial removal of the anion from the metal; these events would occur prior to cleft opening and metal release. ..
- Anglesio M, Evdokimova V, Melnyk N, Zhang L, Fernandez C, Grundy P, et al. Differential expression of a novel ankyrin containing E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase, Hace1, in sporadic Wilms' tumor versus normal kidney. Hum Mol Genet. 2004;13:2061-74 pubmed..Our findings implicate Hace1 as a novel ubiquitin-protein ligase and demonstrate that its expression is very low in primary Wilms' tumors. ..
- Looi A, Gascoyne R, Chhanabhai M, Connors J, Rootman J, White V. Mantle cell lymphoma in the ocular adnexal region. Ophthalmology. 2005;112:114-9 pubmed..Mantle cell lymphoma presenting in the ocular adnexal region is associated with advanced-stage disease and short PFS but an OS similar to MCL at other sites. ..
- Tyndall M, Kerr T, Zhang R, King E, Montaner J, Wood E. Attendance, drug use patterns, and referrals made from North America's first supervised injection facility. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2006;83:193-8 pubmed..These findings should be useful for other settings considering SIF trials. ..
- Borisoff J, Mason S, Birch G. Brain interface research for asynchronous control applications. IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng. 2006;14:160-4 pubmed..This report summarizes our results to date, lessons learned, and current directions, including research into implanted brain interface designs. ..
- Rahmani M, Cruz R, Granville D, McManus B. Allograft vasculopathy versus atherosclerosis. Circ Res. 2006;99:801-15 pubmed..The present review summarizes the current understanding of the risk factors and the pathophysiological similarities and differences between CAV and atherosclerosis. ..
- Badilla J, Haw C, Rootman J. Superior ophthalmic vein cannulation through a lateral orbitotomy for embolization of a cavernous dural fistula. Arch Ophthalmol. 2007;125:1700-2 pubmed..Herein, we describe a case of a cavernous dural fistula in which an anteriorly narrowed and thrombosed superior ophthalmic vein was cannulated in the deep orbit through a lateral orbitotomy. ..
- Chambers C, Macdougall L, Li M, Galanis E. Tourism and specific risk areas for Cryptococcus gattii, Vancouver Island, Canada. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:1781-3 pubmed publisher..Findings validated and refined estimates of risk on the basis of place of residence and showed no spatial progression of risk areas on this island over time. ..
- Chau V, Poskitt K, Sargent M, Lupton B, Hill A, Roland E, et al. Comparison of computer tomography and magnetic resonance imaging scans on the third day of life in term newborns with neonatal encephalopathy. Pediatrics. 2009;123:319-26 pubmed publisher..All 3 modalities identify the most serious patterns of brain injury similarly. ..
- Sharma M, Schoop R, Hudson J. The efficacy of Echinacea in a 3-D tissue model of human airway epithelium. Phytother Res. 2010;24:900-4 pubmed publisher..These results confirmed previous findings derived from studies of bronchial and lung epithelial cell lines, namely, that RV infection results in a substantial inflammatory response in the absence of virus replication. ..
- Malherbe S, Whyte S, Singh P, Amari E, King A, Ansermino J. Total intravenous anesthesia and spontaneous respiration for airway endoscopy in children--a prospective evaluation. Paediatr Anaesth. 2010;20:434-8 pubmed publisher..No laryngospasm, stridor, or arrhythmias were observed. TIVA and spontaneous respiration is an effective technique to manage anesthesia for airway endoscopy and surgery in children. ..
- Freeman H. Mesenteric lymph node cavitation syndrome. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:2991-3 pubmed..Modern abdominal imaging modalities may permit earlier detection in celiac disease so that earlier diagnosis and improved understanding of its pathogenesis may result...
- Gurvitch R, Wood D, Leipsic J, Tay E, Johnson M, Ye J, et al. Multislice computed tomography for prediction of optimal angiographic deployment projections during transcatheter aortic valve implantation. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2010;3:1157-65 pubmed publisher..An ideal deployment angle curve or "line of perpendicularity" can be generated. Understanding and applying these principles improves the accuracy of valve deployment and may improve outcomes. ..
- Houldin A, Luttin K, Lam T. Locomotor adaptations and aftereffects to resistance during walking in individuals with spinal cord injury. J Neurophysiol. 2011;106:247-58 pubmed publisher..The size of the aftereffect was related to the amount of added resistance. In addition, the SCI group showed a negative relationship between the size of the aftereffect and locomotor function. ..
- Cohen C, Crome S, Macdonald K, Dai E, Mager D, Levings M. Human Th1 and Th17 cells exhibit epigenetic stability at signature cytokine and transcription factor loci. J Immunol. 2011;187:5615-26 pubmed publisher..These data also question the broad applicability of the new model of Th cell lineage plasticity to in vivo-polarized human Th cell subsets. ..
- Visscher H, Ross C, Rassekh S, Sandor G, Caron H, van Dalen E, et al. Validation of variants in SLC28A3 and UGT1A6 as genetic markers predictive of anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicity in children. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2013;60:1375-81 pubmed publisher..A prediction model combining replicated genetic variants as well as clinical risk factors might be able to identify high- and low-risk patients who could benefit from alternative treatment options. ..
- MacIntyre E, CARLSTEN C, Macnutt M, Fuertes E, Melén E, Tiesler C, et al. Traffic, asthma and genetics: combining international birth cohort data to examine genetics as a mediator of traffic-related air pollution's impact on childhood asthma. Eur J Epidemiol. 2013;28:597-606 pubmed publisher..TAG comprises a rich database, the largest of its kind, for investigating the effect of genotype on the association between air pollution and childhood allergic disease. ..
- Buckner M, Antunes L, Gill N, Russell S, Shames S, Finlay B. 15-Deoxy-?12,14-prostaglandin J2 inhibits macrophage colonization by Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69759 pubmed publisher..15d-PGJ2 also causes an increase in ERK1/2 phosphorylation in infected macrophages. In conclusion, we show here that 15d-PGJ2 mediates the outcome of bacterial infection, a previously unidentified role for this prostaglandin. ..
- Winstone T, Levy R, Shojania K, Murphy D, Churg A, Ryerson C. Organizing Pneumonia in an Adult With Chronic Recurrent Noninfectious Osteomyelitis: A Case Report and Literature Review. Chest. 2017;152:e21-e24 pubmed publisher..We present a case of organizing pneumonia in an adult patient with CRMO. The concurrent worsening of pulmonary and bone disease suggests that CRMO may be a rare cause of organizing pneumonia. ..
- Huff R, Hsu A, Nichol K, Jones B, Knight D, Wark P, et al. Regulation of xanthine dehydrogensase gene expression and uric acid production in human airway epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184260 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the active production of uric acid from human airway epithelial cells may be intrinsically altered in asthma and be further induced by pro-inflammatory cytokines. ..