Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on granulosa cells in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Locale: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Topic: granulosa cells
- Pan J, Roskelley C, Luu The V, Rojiani M, Auersperg N. Reversal of divergent differentiation by ras oncogene-mediated transformation. Cancer Res. 1992;52:4269-72 pubmed..They also demonstrate the capacity of v-ras to either induce or reduce the same differentiated characteristic, depending on the developmental history of the target cells...
- Lee P, Buchan A, Hsueh A, Yuen B, Leung P. Intracellular calcium mobilization in response to the activation of human wild-type and chimeric gonadotropin receptors. Endocrinology. 2002;143:1732-40 pubmed..Our study unequivocally shows that the hLH receptor is coupled to the inositol phosphate/calcium signaling pathway via a pertussis toxin-sensitive G protein-coupled receptor. ..
- Madan P, Bridges P, Komar C, Beristain A, Rajamahendran R, Fortune J, et al. Expression of messenger RNA for ADAMTS subtypes changes in the periovulatory follicle after the gonadotropin surge and during luteal development and regression in cattle. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:1506-14 pubmed
- Shi F, Cheung A, Leung P. Growth differentiation factor 9 enhances activin a-induced inhibin B production in human granulosa cells. Endocrinology. 2009;150:3540-6 pubmed publisher..We report here for the first time that GDF9 enhances cell response to activin A by modulating key components of the activin signaling pathway in regulating inhibin subunits and hence inhibin B production in human granulosa-lutein cells. ..
- Shi F, Cheung A, Huang H, Leung P. Effects of endogenous growth differentiation factor 9 on activin A-induced inhibin B production in human granulosa-lutein cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:5108-16 pubmed publisher..However, the relative contributions of GDF9 in granulosa cells vs. oocyte as autocrine/paracrine regulators of beta(B)-subunit and inhibin B production in normal and abnormal human ovarian functions remain to be determined. ..
- Hong I, Klausen C, Cheung A, Leung P. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone-I or -II interacts with IGF-I/Akt but not connexin 43 in human granulosa cell apoptosis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:525-34 pubmed publisher..Cx43-induced gap junctional changes do not initiate granulosa cell apoptosis but likely result from apoptosis induced by GnRH-I or -II. ..
- Oishi H, Klausen C, Bentley G, Osugi T, Tsutsui K, Gilks C, et al. The human gonadotropin-inhibitory hormone ortholog RFamide-related peptide-3 suppresses gonadotropin-induced progesterone production in human granulosa cells. Endocrinology. 2012;153:3435-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, ovarian RFRP-3/GPR147 signaling could contribute to normal ovarian function...
- Fang L, Cheng J, Chang H, Sun Y, Leung P. EGF-like growth factors induce COX-2-derived PGE2 production through ERK1/2 in human granulosa cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:4932-41 pubmed publisher..However, whether the same is true in humans remains largely unknown...
- Tai C, Kang S, Choi K, Tzeng C, Leung P. Antigonadotropic action of adenosine triphosphate in human granulosa-luteal cells: involvement of protein kinase Calpha. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:3237-42 pubmed..Taken together, these results further support a role of this neurotransmitter in regulating human ovarian function...
- Väänänen J, Tong B, Väänänen C, Chan I, Yuen B, Leung P. Interaction of prostaglandin F(2alpha) and prostaglandin E(2) on progesterone production in human granulosa-luteal cells. Biol Signals Recept. 2001;10:380-8 pubmed..Therefore, PGF(2alpha) and PGE(2) interacted in a concentration-dependent manner, resulting in a multimodal progesterone response, which was easily visualized using three-dimensional plots...
- Hong I, Cheung A, Leung P. Gonadotropin-releasing hormones I and II induce apoptosis in human granulosa cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:3179-85 pubmed publisher..FSH protects human granulosa cells from apoptosis induced by GnRH-I or -II. This raises potentially important roles of GnRH-I and GnRH-II in regulating follicle development and atresia together with FSH. ..
- Shi F, Cheung A, Huang H, Leung P. Growth differentiation factor 9 (GDF9) suppresses follistatin and follistatin-like 3 production in human granulosa-lutein cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22866 pubmed publisher..GDF9 decreases basal and activin A-induced FST and FSTL3 expression, and this explains, in part, its enhancing effects on activin A-induced inhibin ?(B)-subunit mRNA expression and inhibin B production in hGL cells. ..