Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression regulation in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Locale: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Topic: gene expression regulation
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- Shadeo A, Chari R, Vatcher G, Campbell J, Lonergan K, Matisic J, et al. Comprehensive serial analysis of gene expression of the cervical transcriptome. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:142 pubmed..We demonstrate the utility of this baseline data by identifying genes with aberrant expression in CIN III when compared to normal tissue. ..
- Chen E, Miller G, Kobor M, Cole S. Maternal warmth buffers the effects of low early-life socioeconomic status on pro-inflammatory signaling in adulthood. Mol Psychiatry. 2011;16:729-37 pubmed publisher..To the extent that such effects are causal, they suggest the possibility that the detrimental immunologic effects of low early-life SES environments may be partly diminished through supportive family climates. ..
- Szabat M, Kalynyak T, Lim G, Chu K, Yang Y, Asadi A, et al. Musashi expression in ?-cells coordinates insulin expression, apoptosis and proliferation in response to endoplasmic reticulum stress in diabetes. Cell Death Dis. 2011;2:e232 pubmed publisher..Our data also suggest that Musashi is a novel link between ER stress and the compensatory ?-cell proliferation and the loss of ?-cell gene expression seen in specific phases of the progression to type 2 diabetes. ..
- Kristensen A, Gsponer J, Foster L. Protein synthesis rate is the predominant regulator of protein expression during differentiation. Mol Syst Biol. 2013;9:689 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide strong evidence that the generally poor correlation observed between transcript and protein levels can fully be explained once the protein synthesis and degradation rates are taken into account. ..
- Hough M, Chappel M, Sauvageau G, Takei F, Kay R, Humphries R. Reduction of early B lymphocyte precursors in transgenic mice overexpressing the murine heat-stable antigen. J Immunol. 1996;156:479-88 pubmed..Therefore, HSA could serve as an important regulator during the early stages of B and T lymphopoiesis. ..
- Kang R, Kae H, Ip H, Spiegelman G, Weeks G. Evidence for a role for the Dictyostelium Rap1 in cell viability and the response to osmotic stress. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:3675-82 pubmed..Rap1 was also activated in response to low temperature but not in response to low osmolarity or high temperature. ..
- Chen V, Peng C, Leung P. Activin-A up-regulates type I activin receptor mRNA levels in human immortalized extravillous trophoblast cells. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2003;1:29 pubmed..In addition, inhibin-A inhibited basal, as well as activin-A-induced ActRI mRNA levels. These findings provide evidence, for the first time, that activin-A modulates ActRI mRNA levels in human trophoblast cells. ..
- Lee T, Friedman J. Analysis of NF1 transcriptional regulatory elements. Am J Med Genet A. 2005;137:130-5 pubmed..This sequence, which is identical in human, mouse, and rat and differs by only 1-bp in Fugu, may contain the core promoter element for NF1 transcription. ..
- Veinotte L, Greenwood C, Mohammadi N, Parachoniak C, Takei F. Expression of rearranged TCRgamma genes in natural killer cells suggests a minor thymus-dependent pathway of lineage commitment. Blood. 2006;107:2673-9 pubmed..These results change the current view of NK-cell development and show that a subset of NK cells develops from immature thymocytes that have rearranged TCRgamma genes. ..
- Solomon S, Xu Y, Wang B, David M, Schubert P, Kennedy D, et al. Distinct structural features of caprin-1 mediate its interaction with G3BP-1 and its induction of phosphorylation of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2alpha, entry to cytoplasmic stress granules, and selective interaction with a subset of mRN. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2324-42 pubmed..The Caprin-1/G3BP-1 complex is likely to regulate the transport and translation of mRNAs of proteins involved with synaptic plasticity in neurons and cellular proliferation and migration in multiple cell types. ..
- Wang R, Luo Y, Ly P, Cai F, Zhou W, Zou H, et al. Sp1 regulates human huntingtin gene expression. J Mol Neurosci. 2012;47:311-21 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that the dysregulation of Sp1-mediated huntingtin transcription, combining with mutant huntingtin's detrimental effect on other Sp1-mediated downstream gene function, may contribute to the pathogenesis of HD. ..
- Khosla M, Spiegelman G, Insall R, Weeks G. Functional overlap of the dictyostelium RasG, RasD and RasB proteins. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 8):1427-34 pubmed..In addition, it is clear that the levels of the various Ras proteins are tightly regulated in vegetative cells and that overexpression can be deleterious. ..
- Soualhine H, Deghmane A, Sun J, Mak K, Talal A, Av Gay Y, et al. Mycobacterium bovis bacillus Calmette-Guérin secreting active cathepsin S stimulates expression of mature MHC class II molecules and antigen presentation in human macrophages. J Immunol. 2007;179:5137-45 pubmed..Given that Th cells play a major role in protection against tuberculosis, rBCG-hcs would be a valuable tuberculosis vaccine candidate. ..
- Pechkovsky D, Scaffidi A, Hackett T, Ballard J, Shaheen F, Thompson P, et al. Transforming growth factor beta1 induces alphavbeta3 integrin expression in human lung fibroblasts via a beta3 integrin-, c-Src-, and p38 MAPK-dependent pathway. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12898-908 pubmed publisher..These data identify a novel mechanism for TGFbeta1 signaling in human lung fibroblasts by which they may contribute to normal and pathological wound healing. ..
- Park D, Jones K, Lee H, Snutch T, Taubert S, Riddle D. Repression of a potassium channel by nuclear hormone receptor and TGF-? signaling modulates insulin signaling in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002519 pubmed publisher..elegans. NHR-69 and DAF-8 dependent regulation of exp-2 and DAF-28 also provides a novel molecular mechanism that contributes to the previously recognized link between insulin and TGF-? signaling in C. elegans. ..
- Lin D, Conibear E. ABHD17 proteins are novel protein depalmitoylases that regulate N-Ras palmitate turnover and subcellular localization. elife. 2015;4:e11306 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the family of depalmitoylation enzymes may be substantially broader than previously believed. ..
- Clarke M, Plouznikoff A, DeschÃªnes J. The asymmetric protein expression hypothesis - Explaining the unilaterality of HLA-B27-positive acute anterior uveitides. Med Hypotheses. 2016;88:10-1 pubmed publisher..Hopefully, this will help us devise better treatments for ocular autoimmune diseases, and contribute to the management of autoinflammatory conditions with a marked asymmetric clinical presentation in other fields. ..
- Riechers S, Butland S, Deng Y, Skotte N, Ehrnhoefer D, Russ J, et al. Interactome network analysis identifies multiple caspase-6 interactors involved in the pathogenesis of HD. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1600-18 pubmed publisher..Characterization of the interaction network provides important new information regarding key pathways of interactors of CASP6 and highlights potential novel therapeutic targets for HD, AD and cerebral ischemia. ..
- Wang J, Song W. Regulation of LRRK2 promoter activity and gene expression by Sp1. Mol Brain. 2016;9:33 pubmed publisher..It suggests that controlling LRRK2 level by manipulating Sp1 signaling may be beneficial to attenuate PD-related neuropathology. ..
- Liu L, Nie P, Yu H, Xie H. Regulation of Type III Secretion of Translocon and Effector Proteins by the EsaB/EsaL/EsaM Complex in Edwardsiella tarda. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..tarda during a coinfection model. These results demonstrate that EsaB/EsaL/EsaM form a ternary complex controlling the secretion of T3SS translocon and effector proteins and contributing to E. tarda pathogenesis. ..
- Sinclair D, Campbell R, Nicholls F, Slade E, Brock H. Genetic analysis of the additional sex combs locus of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1992;130:817-25 pubmed..The expression pattern of even-skipped is altered in Asx mutant embryos, suggesting that Asx is required for normal expression of this gene. We have transposon-tagged the Asx gene, and can thus begin molecular analysis of its function. ..
- Ratkay L, Tait B, Tonzetich J, Waterfield J. Lpr and MRL background gene involvement in the control of adjuvant enhanced arthritis in MRL-lpr mice. J Autoimmun. 1994;7:561-73 pubmed..These observations suggest that while the lpr gene causes a more severe early effect, background genes other than the lpr are more involved in the adjuvant-enhanced arthritis-afflicted mice. ..
- Singaraja R, Van Eck M, Bissada N, Zimetti F, Collins H, Hildebrand R, et al. Both hepatic and extrahepatic ABCA1 have discrete and essential functions in the maintenance of plasma high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in vivo. Circulation. 2006;114:1301-9 pubmed..Recent studies, however, including both overexpression and deletion of ABCA1 selectively in the liver, have highlighted the primary role of the liver in the maintenance of HDL levels in vivo...
- Maksumova L, Wang Y, Wong N, Le H, Pallen C, Johnson P. Differential function of PTPalpha and PTPalpha Y789F in T cells and regulation of PTPalpha phosphorylation at Tyr-789 by CD45. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:20925-32 pubmed..These data demonstrate distinct activities of PTPalpha and PTPalpha-Y789F in T cells and identify CD45 as a regulator of PTPalpha phosphorylation at tyrosine 789 in T cells. ..
- Rurak J, Noel G, Lui L, Joshi B, Moukhles H. Distribution of potassium ion and water permeable channels at perivascular glia in brain and retina of the Large(myd) mouse. J Neurochem. 2007;103:1940-53 pubmed..1 and AQP4 to functional domains in brain, distinct mechanisms may contribute to their localization in retina. ..
- Papp E, Gadawski I, Cote H. Longitudinal effects of thymidine analogues on mtDNA, mtRNA and multidrug resistance (MDR-1) induction in cultured cells. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008;61:1048-52 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that longitudinal experiments may refine our knowledge about NRTI toxicity. ..
- Sly L, Hamilton M, Kuroda E, Ho V, Antignano F, Omeis S, et al. SHIP prevents lipopolysaccharide from triggering an antiviral response in mice. Blood. 2009;113:2945-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, up-regulation of SHIP in response to Gram-negative bacterial infections probably explains the inability of such infections to protect against subsequent viral infections. ..
- Schaeffer D, Riazy M, Parhar K, Chen J, Duronio V, Sawamura T, et al. LOX-1 augments oxLDL uptake by lysoPC-stimulated murine macrophages but is not required for oxLDL clearance from plasma. J Lipid Res. 2009;50:1676-84 pubmed publisher..However, LOX-1 expression is highly inducible by lysophosphatidylcholine and pro-inflammatory cytokines, and if that occurred in macrophages within atheromas, LOX-1 could substantially increase oxLDL uptake by lesion macrophages. ..
- Lajoie P, Kojic L, Nim S, Li L, Dennis J, Nabi I. Caveolin-1 regulation of dynamin-dependent, raft-mediated endocytosis of cholera toxin-B sub-unit occurs independently of caveolae. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3218-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Cav1 regulates raft-dependent internalization of CT-b indirectly via a mechanism that requires the Cav1 scaffolding domain and the formation of oligomerized Cav1 microdomains but not caveolae. ..
- Bernatchez P, Sharma A, Kodaman P, Sessa W. Myoferlin is critical for endocytosis in endothelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;297:C484-92 pubmed publisher..Together, these data describe a new role for myoferlin in receptor-dependent endocytosis and an overlapping role for myoferlin-Dyn-2-Cav-1 protein complexes in membrane fusion and fission events. ..
- Allahverdian S, Wang A, Singhera G, Wong B, Dorscheid D. Sialyl Lewis X modification of the epidermal growth factor receptor regulates receptor function during airway epithelial wound repair. Clin Exp Allergy. 2010;40:607-18 pubmed publisher..The present data demonstrate that sLe(x), in association with EGFR, in NHBE is coordinate with repair. This glycosylation is important in modulating EGFR activity to affect the repair of normal primary AEC. ..
- Hammond G. Diverse roles for sex hormone-binding globulin in reproduction. Biol Reprod. 2011;85:431-41 pubmed publisher..The present review compares the production and functions of SHBG in different species and its diverse effects on reproduction. ..
- Karimi M, Goyal P, Maksakova I, Bilenky M, Leung D, Tang J, et al. DNA methylation and SETDB1/H3K9me3 regulate predominantly distinct sets of genes, retroelements, and chimeric transcripts in mESCs. Cell Stem Cell. 2011;8:676-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, SETDB1 plays a previously unappreciated yet critical role in inhibiting aberrant gene transcription by suppressing the expression of proximal ERVs...
- Hemida M, Ye X, Zhang H, Hanson P, Liu Z, McManus B, et al. MicroRNA-203 enhances coxsackievirus B3 replication through targeting zinc finger protein-148. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2013;70:277-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study identified a novel target of miR-203 and revealed, for the first time, the molecular link between miR-203/ZFP-148 and the pathogenesis of CVB3. ..
- Davoodi S, Cooke R, Fernandes A, Cappellozza B, Vasconcelos J, Cerri R. Expression of estrus modifies the gene expression profile in reproductive tissues on Day 19 of gestation in beef cows. Theriogenology. 2016;85:645-55 pubmed publisher..These effects seem to be more evident in the endometrium during the time of dynamic remodeling for embryo implantation. ..
- Leroux M, Candido E. Subunit characterization of the Caenorhabditis elegans chaperonin containing TCP-1 and expression pattern of the gene encoding CCT-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;241:687-92 pubmed..elegans cct-1 promoter is found to be mainly restricted to neuronal and muscle tissues, an observation which is consistent with the participation of CCT in actin and tubulin folding. ..
- McNagny K, Graf T. Making eosinophils through subtle shifts in transcription factor expression. J Exp Med. 2002;195:F43-7 pubmed
- Dunn C, Mager D. Transcription of the human and rodent SPAM1 / PH-20 genes initiates within an ancient endogenous retrovirus. BMC Genomics. 2005;6:47 pubmed..This represents the first known example of an ERV-derived promoter acting in a gender-specific manner. ..
- Selva D, Hammond G. Human sex hormone-binding globulin is expressed in testicular germ cells and not in sertoli cells. Horm Metab Res. 2006;38:230-5 pubmed..These remarkable differences in human SHBG expression in the testis, when compared to other mammals, force us to reconsider the functional significance of SHBG expression in the testis in relation to male reproduction. ..
- Zhang X, Pare P, Sandford A. PMN degranulation in relation to CD63 expression and genetic polymorphisms in healthy individuals and COPD patients. Int J Mol Med. 2007;19:817-22 pubmed..It is likely that genetic variants have limited effect on CD63 expression and MPO release in the context of COPD but their role in other diseases has yet to be determined. ..
- Rabkin S. Nitric oxide-induced cell death in the heart: the role of autophagy. Autophagy. 2007;3:347-9 pubmed
- Chung A, Yang H, van Breemen C. Imbalanced synthesis of cyclooxygenase-derived thromboxane A2 and prostacyclin compromises vasomotor function of the thoracic aorta in Marfan syndrome. Br J Pharmacol. 2007;152:305-12 pubmed..The compromised vasomotor function in Marfan thoracic aortae is associated with an imbalanced synthesis of thromboxane A(2) and prostacyclin resulting from the differential protein expression of COX-1 and COX-2. ..
- Slamovits C, Saldarriaga J, Larocque A, Keeling P. The highly reduced and fragmented mitochondrial genome of the early-branching dinoflagellate Oxyrrhis marina shares characteristics with both apicomplexan and dinoflagellate mitochondrial genomes. J Mol Biol. 2007;372:356-68 pubmed..Overall, the combination of characteristics found in the Oxyrrhis genome allows us to plot the sequence of many events that led to the extreme organisation of apicomplexan and dinoflalgellate mitochondrial genomes. ..
- Hou Y, Chittaranjan S, Barbosa S, McCall K, Gorski S. Effector caspase Dcp-1 and IAP protein Bruce regulate starvation-induced autophagy during Drosophila melanogaster oogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:1127-39 pubmed publisher..Our study provides new insights into the molecular mechanisms that coordinately regulate autophagic and apoptotic events in vivo. ..
- Hakim A, Dong X, Svensson P, Kumar U, Cairns B. TNFalpha mechanically sensitizes masseter muscle afferent fibers of male rats. J Neurophysiol. 2009;102:1551-9 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that a peripheral receptor mechanism could contribute to TNFalpha-induced noninflammatory mechanical sensitization of skeletal muscle previously reported in behaving rats. ..
- Taubert S, Ward J, Yamamoto K. Nuclear hormone receptors in nematodes: evolution and function. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;334:49-55 pubmed publisher..elegans genome will facilitate the assignment of response elements to target genes. Finally, the growing interest in medically relevant nematodes is providing novel insights into the function and evolution of NHRs. ..
- Guo A, Tapia L, Bamji S, Cynader M, Jia W. Progranulin deficiency leads to enhanced cell vulnerability and TDP-43 translocation in primary neuronal cultures. Brain Res. 2010;1366:1-8 pubmed publisher..The results further suggest that the seeds of this form of frontotemporal dementia may be sown early in life. ..
- Deb S, Tai J, Leung G, Chang T, Bandiera S. Estradiol-mediated suppression of CYP1B1 expression in mouse MA-10 Leydig cells is independent of protein kinase A and estrogen receptor. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;358:387-95 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that downregulation of testicular CYP1B1 by estradiol was independent of PKA activity and was not mediated by ERs in MA-10 cells...
- Sutton L, Sanders S, Butland S, Singaraja R, Franciosi S, Southwell A, et al. Hip14l-deficient mice develop neuropathological and behavioural features of Huntington disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:452-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, both HIP14 and HIP14L may be dysfunctional in the disease. ..
- Joshi B, Bastiani M, Strugnell S, Boscher C, Parton R, Nabi I. Phosphocaveolin-1 is a mechanotransducer that induces caveola biogenesis via Egr1 transcriptional regulation. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:425-35 pubmed publisher..pCav1 is therefore a mechanotransducer that acts via PKC to relieve Egr1 transcriptional inhibition of Cav1 and cavin-1, defining a novel feedback regulatory loop to regulate caveola biogenesis. ..
- Putnins E, Sanaie A, Wu Q, Firth J. Induction of keratinocyte growth factor 1 Expression by lipopolysaccharide is regulated by CD-14 and toll-like receptors 2 and 4. Infect Immun. 2002;70:6541-8 pubmed..These results suggest that lipopolysaccharide may induce proliferation of periodontal epithelial cells by upregulating keratinocyte growth factor 1 expression via the CD14 and Toll-like receptor signaling pathway. ..
- Altamirano Dimas M, Hudson J, Cochrane D, Nelson C, Arnason J. Modulation of immune response gene expression by echinacea extracts: results of a gene array analysis. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2007;85:1091-8 pubmed..This suggests that Echinacea can bring about important biological responses in cells by virtue of interactions between components of the extract and a small number of intracellular factors involved in multiple signaling pathways. ..
- McGraw J, McPhail L, Oschipok L, Horie H, Poirier F, Steeves J, et al. Galectin-1 in regenerating motoneurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;20:2872-80 pubmed..Galectin-1 null mutant mice showed an attenuated rate of functional recovery of whisking movement after a facial nerve crush. ..
- Plemel J, Manesh S, Sparling J, Tetzlaff W. Myelin inhibits oligodendroglial maturation and regulates oligodendrocytic transcription factor expression. Glia. 2013;61:1471-87 pubmed publisher..However, knockdown of ID2 and/or ID4 in OPCs did not increase oligodendroglial maturation on or off of myelin, suggesting that contact with myelin regulates additional regulatory elements. ..
- Goodchild N, Wilkinson D, Mager D. A human endogenous long terminal repeat provides a polyadenylation signal to a novel, alternatively spliced transcript in normal placenta. Gene. 1992;121:287-94 pubmed..Analysis of these clones suggests that the PLT mRNA undergoes alternative splicing at its 3' end, with polyadenylation within an RTVL-H LTR occurring in one of the resulting transcripts. ..
- May B, Tam P, Dennis P. The expression of the superoxide dismutase gene in Halobacterium cutirubrum and Halobacterium volcanii. Can J Microbiol. 1989;35:171-5 pubmed..Production of paraquat resistant mutants of H. cutirubrum may play a part in this process, however, some type of physiological adaptation is also probably required. ..
- Moritz O, Molday R. Molecular cloning, membrane topology, and localization of bovine rom-1 in rod and cone photoreceptor cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1996;37:352-62 pubmed..Rom-1 or a homologue also is present in the rim region of cone outer segment disc membranes, where it most likely associates with peripherin/rds to form a membrane protein complex. ..
- Nagai A, Nakagawa E, Hatori K, Choi H, McLarnon J, Lee M, et al. Generation and characterization of immortalized human microglial cell lines: expression of cytokines and chemokines. Neurobiol Dis. 2001;8:1057-68 pubmed..The human microglial cell line HMO6 exhibits similar properties to those documented in human microglia and should have considerable utility as an in vitro model for the studies of human microglia in health and disease. ..
- Scott A, Borisoff J, Ramer M. Deafferentation and neurotrophin-mediated intraspinal sprouting: a central role for the p75 neurotrophin receptor. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:81-92 pubmed..Our findings illustrate the pivotal role of p75(NTR) in spinal axonal plasticity and identify it as a potential therapeutic target for spinal cord injury. ..
- Zhou W, Song W. Leaky scanning and reinitiation regulate BACE1 gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:3353-64 pubmed..Such leaky scanning and reinitiation resulted in weak expression of BACE1 under normal conditions. Alterations of the leaky scanning and reinitiation in BACE1 gene expression could play an important role in AD pathogenesis. ..
- Klegeris A, Giasson B, Zhang H, Maguire J, Pelech S, McGeer P. Alpha-synuclein and its disease-causing mutants induce ICAM-1 and IL-6 in human astrocytes and astrocytoma cells. FASEB J. 2006;20:2000-8 pubmed..5 microM respectively. We hypothesize that the neuroinflammation stimulated by release of an excess of normal alpha-synuclein or by release of its mutated forms can be involved in the pathobiology of PD. ..
- Brown K, Falsafi R, Kum W, Hamill P, Gardy J, Davidson D, et al. Robust TLR4-induced gene expression patterns are not an accurate indicator of human immunity. J Transl Med. 2010;8:6 pubmed publisher..Sufficient defence to Gram negative immunity does not require IRAK4 or a robust, 'classic' inflammatory and immune response. ..
- Rennison D, Owens G, Allison W, Taylor J. Intra-retinal variation of opsin gene expression in the guppy (Poecilia reticulata). J Exp Biol. 2011;214:3248-54 pubmed publisher..The discovery that opsin expression varies in the guppy retina may motivate new behavioural experiments designed to study its role in mate choice. ..
- Rajput P, Kharmate G, Norman M, Liu S, Sastry B, Brunicardi C, et al. Somatostatin receptor 1 and 5 double knockout mice mimic neurochemical changes of Huntington's disease transgenic mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24467 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that SST and SSTRs might play an important role in regulation of neurodegeneration and targeting this pathway can provide a novel insight in understanding the pathophysiology of Huntington's disease. ..
- McMurchy A, Gillies J, Gizzi M, Riba M, Garcia Manteiga J, Cittaro D, et al. A novel function for FOXP3 in humans: intrinsic regulation of conventional T cells. Blood. 2013;121:1265-75 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a novel function of FOXP3 in Tconv cells and suggest that expression of this protein is important in the function of multiple CD4(+) T-cell lineages. ..
- Peng B, Zhu H, Klausen C, Ma L, Wang Y, Leung P. GnRH regulates trophoblast invasion via RUNX2-mediated MMP2/9 expression. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:119-29 pubmed publisher..Not applicable. This research was supported by Canadian Institutes of Health Research (Grant #143317) to P.C.K.L. The authors have nothing to disclose. ..
- Bush J, Li G. Regulation of the Mdr1 isoforms in a p53-deficient mouse model. Carcinogenesis. 2002;23:1603-7 pubmed..Thus, our data shows a tissue-specific regulation of P-gp isoforms by p53 in the context of a p53-null mouse model. ..
- Rouhi A, Gagnier L, Takei F, Mager D. Evidence for epigenetic maintenance of Ly49a monoallelic gene expression. J Immunol. 2006;176:2991-9 pubmed..Finally, in apparent contrast to the KIR genes, we show that DNA methylation and the histone acetylation state of the Pro-2 region are strictly linked with Ly49a expression status. ..
- Milne T, Sinclair D, Brock H. The Additional sex combs gene of Drosophila is required for activation and repression of homeotic loci, and interacts specifically with Polycomb and super sex combs. Mol Gen Genet. 1999;261:753-61 pubmed..ASX may interact with a PcG complex containing PC and SXC and mediate activation versus repression at target loci, perhaps by interacting directly with the TRX protein. ..
- Bellatin J, Murray A, Zhao M, McMaster W. Leishmania mexicana: identification of genes that are preferentially expressed in amastigotes. Exp Parasitol. 2002;100:44-53 pubmed..mexicana genome. Sequence analysis predicted that the A600 ORF encodes either a membrane-bound or a secreted protein that may have a functional role in amastigote differentiation or intraphagolysosomal parasite survival. ..
- Qiao Y, Liu X, Harvard C, Nolin S, Brown W, Koochek M, et al. Large-scale copy number variants (CNVs): distribution in normal subjects and FISH/real-time qPCR analysis. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:167 pubmed..This information is, however, very much needed as it is currently common practice to consider CNVs reported in normal subjects as benign changes when detected in individuals affected with a variety of developmental disorders. ..
- Selva D, Hammond G. Peroxisome-proliferator receptor gamma represses hepatic sex hormone-binding globulin expression. Endocrinology. 2009;150:2183-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PPARgamma represses human SHBG expression in liver cells, and that differences in PPARgamma levels and activity contribute directly to variations in plasma SHBG levels. ..
- Gong J, Nicholls E, Elliott M, Brown K, Hokamp K, Roche F, et al. G-protein-coupled receptor independent, immunomodulatory properties of chemokine CXCL9. Cell Immunol. 2010;261:105-13 pubmed publisher..These results collectively demonstrate that CXCL9 has immunomodulatory functions that are not mediated through a G-protein coupled receptor and may possess additional roles in host defenses against infection. ..
- Sham H, Yu E, Gulen M, Bhinder G, Stahl M, Chan J, et al. SIGIRR, a negative regulator of TLR/IL-1R signalling promotes Microbiota dependent resistance to colonization by enteric bacterial pathogens. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003539 pubmed publisher..Thus, SIGIRR expression by IEC reflects a strategy that sacrifices maximal innate responsiveness by IEC in order to promote commensal microbe based colonization resistance against bacterial pathogens. ..
- Dougherty G, Kay R, Humphries R. Molecular cloning of 114/A10, a cell surface antigen containing highly conserved repeated elements, which is expressed by murine hemopoietic progenitor cells and interleukin-3-dependent cell lines. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:6509-14 pubmed..The extracellular domain also contains three epidermal growth factor-like cysteine-rich repeats. The distribution and structural characteristics of the 114/A10 antigen suggest a possible regulatory role in the cellular response to IL-3. ..
- Macauley A, Pawson T. Cooperative transforming activities of ras, myc, and src viral oncogenes in nonestablished rat adrenocortical cells. J Virol. 1988;62:4712-21 pubmed..This system provides an in vitro model for the progressive transformation of epithelial cells by dominantly acting oncogenes...
- Tang A, Sharma A, Jen R, Hirschfeld A, Chilvers M, Lavoie P, et al. Inflammasome-mediated IL-1? production in humans with cystic fibrosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37689 pubmed publisher..However, our data do not support the hypothesis that increased IL-1? production in CF subjects is due to an intrinsic increase in NF-?B activity through loss of CFTR function. ..
- Carlow D, Marth J, Clark Lewis I, Teh H. Isolation of a gene encoding a developmentally regulated T cell-specific protein with a guanine nucleotide triphosphate-binding motif. J Immunol. 1995;154:1724-34 pubmed
- MacDermid V, McPhail L, Tsang B, Rosenthal A, Davies A, Ramer M. A soluble Nogo receptor differentially affects plasticity of spinally projecting axons. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;20:2567-79 pubmed..These results reveal a differential effect of myelin antagonism on distinct populations of spinally projecting axons. ..
- Sachs Barrable K, Thamboo A, Lee S, Wasan K. Lipid excipients Peceol and Gelucire 44/14 decrease P-glycoprotein mediated efflux of rhodamine 123 partially due to modifying P-glycoprotein protein expression within Caco-2 cells. J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2007;10:319-31 pubmed..The results suggest a new mechanism which may contribute to the improved bioavailability seen for drugs formulated with lipid-based excipients. ..
- Venner C, Woltosz J, Nevill T, Deeg H, Caceres G, Platzbecker U, et al. Correlation of clinical response and response duration with miR-145 induction by lenalidomide in CD34(+) cells from patients with del(5q) myelodysplastic syndrome. Haematologica. 2013;98:409-13 pubmed publisher..Lenalidomide selectively abrogated progenitor activity in cells depleted of miR-143 and miR-145 supporting a key role for miR-143/145 in the sensitivity to lenalidomide of del(5q) myelodysplastic syndrome patients...
- Wegener Parfrey L, Jirku M, Sima R, Jalovecká M, Sak B, Grigore K, et al. A benign helminth alters the host immune system and the gut microbiota in a rat model system. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182205 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the goal of engineering a therapeutic helminth that can safely manipulate the mammalian immune system without disrupting the rest of the gut ecosystem is in reach...
- Joshi P, Webb J, Davies J, McMaster W. The gene encoding streptothricin acetyltransferase (sat) as a selectable marker for Leishmania expression vectors. Gene. 1995;156:145-9 pubmed..These vectors, together with the novel selectable marker, will further facilitate the molecular analysis of gene expression in Leishmania. ..
- Chang T, Bandiera S, Chen J. Constitutive androstane receptor and pregnane X receptor gene expression in human liver: interindividual variability and correlation with CYP2B6 mRNA levels. Drug Metab Dispos. 2003;31:7-10 pubmed..The variability in the abundance of these transcription factors may contribute to the large interindividual differences in CYP2B6 gene expression in human liver. ..
- Sekulovic S, Gylfadottir V, Vulto I, Gasparetto M, Even Y, Brookes C, et al. Prolonged self-renewal activity unmasks telomerase control of telomere homeostasis and function of mouse hematopoietic stem cells. Blood. 2011;118:1766-73 pubmed publisher..These findings document a role of telomerase in telomere homeostasis, and in preserving HSC functional integrity on prolonged self-renewal stimulation. ..
- Roth A, Yssel H, Pene J, Chavez E, Schertzer M, Lansdorp P, et al. Telomerase levels control the lifespan of human T lymphocytes. Blood. 2003;102:849-57 pubmed..The observed inverse correlation between telomerase levels and replicative history suggests that telomerase levels in T cells are limiting and increasingly insufficient to sustain their proliferation. ..
- Zhang M, Deng Y, Luo Y, Zhang S, Zou H, Cai F, et al. Control of BACE1 degradation and APP processing by ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase L1. J Neurochem. 2012;120:1129-38 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that potentiation of UCHL1 might be able to reduce the level of BACE1 and Aβ in brain, which makes it a novel target for AD drug development. ..