Experts and Doctors on fish proteins in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Locale: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Topic: fish proteins
- Korzeniowska M, Cheung I, Li Chan E. Effects of fish protein hydrolysate and freeze-thaw treatment on physicochemical and gel properties of natural actomyosin from Pacific cod. Food Chem. 2013;138:1967-75 pubmed publisher..Gels of freeze-thawed FPH-2 and FPH-8 were similar to unfrozen control gel in hardness, cohesiveness and gumminess. This study demonstrates that FPH effectively stabilised NAM protein structure and function during freeze-thaw treatment. ..
- Patrzykat A, Zhang L, Mendoza V, Iwama G, Hancock R. Synergy of histone-derived peptides of coho salmon with lysozyme and flounder pleurocidin. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2001;45:1337-42 pubmed
- Fangue N, Hofmeister M, Schulte P. Intraspecific variation in thermal tolerance and heat shock protein gene expression in common killifish, Fundulus heteroclitus. J Exp Biol. 2006;209:2859-72 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the importance of considering the complexity of the heat shock response across multiple isoforms when attempting to make linkages to whole-organism traits such as thermal tolerance...
- Arnegard M, Zwickl D, Lu Y, Zakon H. Old gene duplication facilitates origin and diversification of an innovative communication system--twice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:22172-7 pubmed publisher..Our results show that gene duplication can contribute to remarkably similar innovations in repeatable ways even after long waiting periods between gene duplication and the origins of novelty...
- Gibbons T, Metzger D, Healy T, Schulte P. Gene expression plasticity in response to salinity acclimation in threespine stickleback ecotypes from different salinity habitats. Mol Ecol. 2017;26:2711-2725 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that multiple patterns of changes in gene expression plasticity can occur following colonization of novel habitats. ..