Experts and Doctors on excitatory amino acid antagonists in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Locale: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Topic: excitatory amino acid antagonists
- Barr A, Fish K, Markou A. The reelin receptors VLDLR and ApoER2 regulate sensorimotor gating in mice. Neuropharmacology. 2007;52:1114-23 pubmed..These findings have relevance to a range of neuropsychiatric disorders that involve sensorimotor gating deficits, including schizophrenia. ..
- Liu L, Wong T, Pozza M, Lingenhoehl K, Wang Y, Sheng M, et al. Role of NMDA receptor subtypes in governing the direction of hippocampal synaptic plasticity. Science. 2004;304:1021-4 pubmed..These results demonstrate that distinct NMDAR subunits are critical factors that determine the polarity of synaptic plasticity. ..
- Krebs C, Fernandes H, Sheldon C, Raymond L, Baimbridge K. Functional NMDA receptor subtype 2B is expressed in astrocytes after ischemia in vivo and anoxia in vitro. J Neurosci. 2003;23:3364-72 pubmed..Control astrocytes were not responsive to NMDA but responded to glutamate. An understanding of the role of astrocytes that express functional NMDA receptors in response to ischemia may guide development of novel stroke therapies. ..
- Harrison T, Ayling O, Murphy T. Distinct cortical circuit mechanisms for complex forelimb movement and motor map topography. Neuron. 2012;74:397-409 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the topography of movement maps arises from their segregated output projections, whereas complex movements evoked by prolonged stimulation require intracortical synaptic transmission...
- Shaw C, Bains J. Synergistic versus antagonistic actions of glutamate and glutathione: the role of excitotoxicity and oxidative stress in neuronal disease. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2002;48:127-36 pubmed..Only once such molecules have been identified, can we begin to design appropriate pharmaceutical strategies to prevent or halt the progression of the age-related neurological diseases. ..
- Chen S, Mohajerani M, Xie Y, Murphy T. Optogenetic analysis of neuronal excitability during global ischemia reveals selective deficits in sensory processing following reperfusion in mouse cortex. J Neurosci. 2012;32:13510-9 pubmed
- Puil E, El Beheiry H. Anaesthetic suppression of transmitter actions in neocortex. Br J Pharmacol. 1990;101:61-6 pubmed
- Kumar U. Somatostatin in medium-sized aspiny interneurons of striatum is responsible for their preservation in quinolinic acid and N-methyl-D-asparate-induced neurotoxicity. J Mol Neurosci. 2008;35:345-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide first evidence that the presence of SST is a unique feature for the selective sparing of medium sized aspiny interneurons in excitotoxicity. ..
- Xu W, Tse Y, Dobie F, Baudry M, Craig A, Wong T, et al. Simultaneous monitoring of presynaptic transmitter release and postsynaptic receptor trafficking reveals an enhancement of presynaptic activity in metabotropic glutamate receptor-mediated long-term depression. J Neurosci. 2013;33:5867-5877 pubmed publisher..In addition, this study indicates that biotinylation of vesicular transporters in live cultured neurons is a valuable tool for studying presynaptic function. ..