Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nuclear pore in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Locale: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Topic: nuclear pore
- Tcheperegine S, Marelli M, Wozniak R. Topology and functional domains of the yeast pore membrane protein Pom152p. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:5252-8 pubmed..Furthermore, mutations in NUP188 were rescued only by full-length Pom152p, suggesting that the lumenal structures play an important role in the function of pore-side NPC structures. ..
- Scott R, Lusk C, Dilworth D, Aitchison J, Wozniak R. Interactions between Mad1p and the nuclear transport machinery in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4362-74 pubmed..Our further analysis also showed that only the C terminus of Mad1p is required for SAC function and that the NPC, through Nup53p, may act to regulate the duration of the SAC response. ..
- Makhnevych T, Ptak C, Lusk C, Aitchison J, Wozniak R. The role of karyopherins in the regulated sumoylation of septins. J Cell Biol. 2007;177:39-49 pubmed..We present a model in which Ulp1p is maintained at the NPC during interphase and transiently interacts with the septin ring during mitosis. ..
- Hawryluk Gara L, Platani M, Santarella R, Wozniak R, Mattaj I. Nup53 is required for nuclear envelope and nuclear pore complex assembly. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1753-62 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, we propose that the formation of a Nup53-Nup155 complex plays a critical role in the processes of NPC and NE assembly. ..
- Cairo L, Ptak C, Wozniak R. Mitosis-specific regulation of nuclear transport by the spindle assembly checkpoint protein Mad1p. Mol Cell. 2013;49:109-20 pubmed publisher..We propose that a distinct branch of the SAC exists in which Mad1p senses unattached kinetochores and, by altering NPC transport activity, regulates the nuclear environment of the spindle. ..
- Makio T, Lapetina D, Wozniak R. Inheritance of yeast nuclear pore complexes requires the Nsp1p subcomplex. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:187-96 pubmed publisher..This mechanism is proposed to facilitate the inheritance of functional NPCs by daughter cells. ..
- Lapetina D, Ptak C, Roesner U, Wozniak R. Yeast silencing factor Sir4 and a subset of nucleoporins form a complex distinct from nuclear pore complexes. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:3145-3159 pubmed publisher..We propose that this Sir4-associated Nup complex is distinct from holo-NPCs and that it plays a role in subtelomeric chromatin organization and NE tethering. ..
- Marelli M, Aitchison J, Wozniak R. Specific binding of the karyopherin Kap121p to a subunit of the nuclear pore complex containing Nup53p, Nup59p, and Nup170p. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:1813-30 pubmed..Interestingly, Nup53p is specifically phosphorylated during mitosis. This phenomenon is correlated with a transient decrease in perinuclear-associated Kap121p. ..
- Lusk C, Makhnevych T, Marelli M, Aitchison J, Wozniak R. Karyopherins in nuclear pore biogenesis: a role for Kap121p in the assembly of Nup53p into nuclear pore complexes. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:267-78 pubmed..We propose that fluctuations between these two states drive the binding and release of Kap121p from Nup53p, thus facilitating Kap121p's movement through the NPC. ..
- Iouk T, Kerscher O, Scott R, Basrai M, Wozniak R. The yeast nuclear pore complex functionally interacts with components of the spindle assembly checkpoint. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:807-19 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that the association of Mad1p with the NPC is not passive and that it plays a role in nuclear transport. ..
- Makhnevych T, Lusk C, Anderson A, Aitchison J, Wozniak R. Cell cycle regulated transport controlled by alterations in the nuclear pore complex. Cell. 2003;115:813-23 pubmed..We propose that fluctuations in Kap121p transport mediated by the NPC contribute to controlling the subcellular distribution of molecules that direct progression through mitosis. ..
- Hawryluk Gara L, Shibuya E, Wozniak R. Vertebrate Nup53 interacts with the nuclear lamina and is required for the assembly of a Nup93-containing complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2382-94 pubmed..On basis of these data, we propose a model in which Nup53 is positioned near the pore membrane and the lamina where it anchors an NPC subcomplex containing Nup93, Nup155, and Nup205...
- Scott R, Cairo L, Van de Vosse D, Wozniak R. The nuclear export factor Xpo1p targets Mad1p to kinetochores in yeast. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:21-9 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an important function for Xpo1p in mediating intranuclear transport events and identify a signaling pathway between kinetochores and NPCs. ..
- Mitchell J, Mansfeld J, Capitanio J, Kutay U, Wozniak R. Pom121 links two essential subcomplexes of the nuclear pore complex core to the membrane. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:505-21 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which the interactions of Pom121 with Nup155 and Nup160 are predicted to assist in the formation of the nuclear pore and the anchoring of the NPC to the pore membrane. ..