Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Locale: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications338 found, 100 shown here
- Kneteman N, Weiner A, O Connell J, Collett M, Gao T, Aukerman L, et al. Anti-HCV therapies in chimeric scid-Alb/uPA mice parallel outcomes in human clinical application. Hepatology. 2006;43:1346-53 pubmed..In conclusion, this system may help selection of lead compounds for advancement into human trials with an increased likelihood of clinical success while broadening the tools available for study of the biology of HCV infection. ..
- Tamimi Y, Skarie J, Footz T, Berry F, Link B, Walter M. FGF19 is a target for FOXC1 regulation in ciliary body-derived cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:3229-40 pubmed..This study reveals an important role for FOXC1 in the direct regulation of the FGF19-FGFR4-MAPK pathway to promote both the development and maintenance of anterior segment structures within the eye. ..
- Walsh J, Barreda D, Belosevic M. Cloning and expression analysis of goldfish (Carassius auratus L.) prominin. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2007;22:308-17 pubmed..Goldfish prominin was also found to be differentially expressed in subpopulations of in vitro-derived goldfish macrophages, with the highest expression observed in progenitor cells. ..
- Hanington P, Belosevic M. Interleukin-6 family cytokine M17 induces differentiation and nitric oxide response of goldfish (Carassius auratus L.) macrophages. Dev Comp Immunol. 2007;31:817-29 pubmed..Moreover, goldfish M17 was found to facilitate the differentiation of sorted monocytes into macrophages at biologically relevant concentrations. ..
- Oladiran A, Belosevic M. Trypanosoma carassii calreticulin binds host complement component C1q and inhibits classical complement pathway-mediated lysis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2010;34:396-405 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that CRT may be used by the parasite to inhibit hosts' classical complement pathway. ..
- Tasseva G, Cole L, Vance J. N-Myc and SP regulate phosphatidylserine synthase-1 expression in brain and glial cells. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:1061-73 pubmed publisher..These studies provide the first analysis of mechanisms that regulate expression of a mammalian Pss gene in brain. ..
- Ma B, Kane K. Recognition of class I MHC by a rat Ly49 NK cell receptor is dependent on the identity of the P2 anchor amino acid of bound peptide. J Immunol. 2011;187:3267-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, the identity of the P2 peptide anchor residue is an integral component of MHC-I recognition by Ly49i2. ..
- Kaul R, Gray G, Koehncke N, Gu L. Cloning and sequence analysis of the Chlamydia trachomatis spc ribosomal protein gene cluster. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:1205-12 pubmed..trachomatis r-proteins. Also, the intrinsic aminoglycoside resistance in C. trachomatis is unlikely to be mediated by CtrL6e since E. coli expressing CtrL6e remained susceptible to gentamicin (MIC less than 0.5 micrograms/ml). ..
- Bilous P, Cole S, Anderson W, Weiner J. Nucleotide sequence of the dmsABC operon encoding the anaerobic dimethylsulphoxide reductase of Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1988;2:785-95 pubmed..The DMS C polypeptide is composed of eight segments of hydrophobic amino acids of appropriate length to cross the cytoplasmic membrane, suggesting that this subunit functions to anchor the enzyme to the membrane. ..
- Stein P, Boodhoo A, Armstrong G, Heerze L, Cockle S, Klein M, et al. Structure of a pertussis toxin-sugar complex as a model for receptor binding. Nat Struct Biol. 1994;1:591-6 pubmed..Identification of amino acid residues involved in receptor binding will improve the design of genetically inactivated toxins for use in new acellular whooping cough vaccines...
- Johnson M, Cartmell J, Weisser N, Woods R, Bundle D. Molecular recognition of Candida albicans (1->2)-β-mannan oligosaccharides by a protective monoclonal antibody reveals the immunodominance of internal saccharide residues. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:18078-90 pubmed publisher..The latter observation points to the importance of internal residues as immunodominant epitopes in (1→2)-β-mannans and to the viability of a glycoconjugate vaccine composed of a minimal length oligosaccharide hapten. ..
- Armstrong H, Wolmarans A, Mercier R, Mai B, LaPointe P. The co-chaperone Hch1 regulates Hsp90 function differently than its homologue Aha1 and confers sensitivity to yeast to the Hsp90 inhibitor NVP-AUY922. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49322 pubmed publisher..We further conclude that Hch1p plays a critical role in regulating Hsp90 inhibitor drug sensitivity in yeast. ..
- Fliegel L, Sardet C, Pouyssegur J, Barr A. Identification of the protein and cDNA of the cardiac Na+/H+ exchanger. FEBS Lett. 1991;279:25-9 pubmed..The antibodies reacted with a sarcolemma protein of 50 kDa and with a protein of 70 kDa. The results show that the rabbit myocardium does possess a Na+/H+ exchanger protein homologous to the known human Na+/H+ exchanger. ..
- Godbout R, Andison R, Upton C, Day R. Utilization of the second polyadenylation signal at the 3' end of the chicken carbonic anhydrase II gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:1049 pubmed
- Nargang C, Bottorff D, Adachi K. Isolation and characterization of a cDNA clone coding for the calcium-binding subunit of calcineurin from bovine brain: an identical amino acid sequence to the human protein. DNA Seq. 1994;4:313-8 pubmed..3 kb in length. This is in agreement with the observation of only one immunologically detectable subunit B protein in bovine brain (Matsui et al., 1985). ..
- Worobo R, Henkel T, Sailer M, Roy K, Vederas J, Stiles M. Characteristics and genetic determinant of a hydrophobic peptide bacteriocin, carnobacteriocin A, produced by Carnobacterium piscicola LV17A. Microbiology. 1994;140 ( Pt 3):517-26 pubmed..Carnobacteriocin A2 has a similar structure except that Met 52 is oxidized to a sulphoxide, whereas A1 appears to be a mixture of peptides derived proteolytically from A3 or A2. ..
- Upton C, Schiff L, Rice S, Dowdeswell T, Yang X, McFadden G. A poxvirus protein with a RING finger motif binds zinc and localizes in virus factories. J Virol. 1994;68:4186-95 pubmed..The truncated protein of vaccinia virus strain WR failed to localize in this manner but instead was observed throughout the cytoplasm...
- Nanji M, Coronado V, Cox D. ATP6H, a subunit of vacuolar ATPase involved in metal transport: evaluation in canine copper toxicosis. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:617-21 pubmed..We have therefore excluded canine ATP6H as a candidate gene for canine copper toxicosis, indicating that some other unidentified gene is responsible for this copper storage disease. ..
- Lindhout D, Sykes B. Structure and dynamics of the C-domain of human cardiac troponin C in complex with the inhibitory region of human cardiac troponin I. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:27024-34 pubmed..The structure of this inhibited complex provides a framework for understanding into interactions within the troponin complex upon heart contraction. ..
- Manolescu A, Salas Burgos A, Fischbarg J, Cheeseman C. Identification of a hydrophobic residue as a key determinant of fructose transport by the facilitative hexose transporter SLC2A7 (GLUT7). J Biol Chem. 2005;280:42978-83 pubmed..The presence of a selectivity filter in the extracellular vestibule of GLUT proteins would allow for subtle changes in substrate specificity without changing the kinetic parameters of the protein. ..
- Baudet M, Martin B, Hassanali Z, Parker E, Sanders E, Harvey S. Expression, translation, and localization of a novel, small growth hormone variant. Endocrinology. 2007;148:103-15 pubmed..In summary, we have established that scGH expression and translation occurs in ocular tissues of chick embryos, in which its localization in the neural retina and the optic nerve head is distinct from that of the full-length protein. ..
- Davis M, Primrose D, Hodgetts R. A member of the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase family is responsible for transcriptional induction of Dopa decarboxylase in the epidermis of Drosophila melanogaster during the innate immune response. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4883-95 pubmed publisher..We propose that the involvement of DDC in a new pathway involved in Drosophila immunity increases the levels of dopamine, which is metabolized to produce reactive quinones that exert an antimicrobial effect on invading bacteria. ..
- Sun X, Dennis J. A novel insertion sequence derepresses efflux pump expression and preadapts Pseudomonas putida S12 for extreme solvent stress. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:6773-7 pubmed publisher..An S12 isolate able to withstand extreme solvent stress carries a novel insertion sequence, ISPpu21, interrupting srpS. This insertion preadapts S12 to extreme solvent conditions through constitutive SrpABC expression. ..
- Bonar P, Casey J. Purification of functional human Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchanger, AE1, over-expressed in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Protein Expr Purif. 2010;74:106-15 pubmed publisher..Using this purification strategy, sufficient amounts of functional, homogeneous AE1MD-Rho can be purified to enable crystallization trials. ..
- Campbell S, Edwards R, Leung C, Neculai D, Hodge C, Dhe Paganon S, et al. Molecular insights into the function of RING finger (RNF)-containing proteins hRNF8 and hRNF168 in Ubc13/Mms2-dependent ubiquitylation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:23900-10 pubmed publisher..These findings support the hypothesis that RNF8 is responsible for the initiation of Lys-63-linked ubiquitylation in the DNA damage response, which is subsequently amplified by RNF168. ..
- Li S, Wang Q, Wang Y, Chen X, Wang Z. PLC-gamma1 and Rac1 coregulate EGF-induced cytoskeleton remodeling and cell migration. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:901-13 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PLC-gamma1 and Rac1 coregulate EGF-induced cell cytoskeleton remodeling and cell migration by a direct functional interaction. ..
- Hasing M, Lee B, Preiksaitis J, Tellier R, Honish L, Senthilselvan A, et al. Emergence of a new norovirus GII.4 variant and changes in the historical biennial pattern of norovirus outbreak activity in Alberta, Canada, from 2008 to 2013. J Clin Microbiol. 2013;51:2204-11 pubmed publisher..A higher proportion of GI outbreaks occurred in non-health care facility settings compared to GII. Our study suggests that factors other than new variants emergence contribute to the levels of NoV outbreak activity in Alberta. ..
- Huang Y, Li Y, Burt D, Chen H, Zhang Y, Qian W, et al. The duck genome and transcriptome provide insight into an avian influenza virus reservoir species. Nat Genet. 2013;45:776-783 pubmed publisher..These analyses, in combination with the genomic and transcriptomic data, provide a resource for characterizing the interaction between host and influenza viruses. ..
- Ryan D, Lin T, Brownie E, Bridger W, Wolodko W. Mutually exclusive splicing generates two distinct isoforms of pig heart succinyl-CoA synthetase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:21151-9 pubmed..The production of the PHalpha108 message involves the use of a non-canonical splice site pair, AT-AA. Finally, we provide evidence for tissue specific regulation in the splicing of the PHalpha108 message. ..
- Liu M, Taylor D. Characterization of gram-positive tellurite resistance encoded by the Streptococcus pneumoniae tehB gene. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1999;174:385-92 pubmed..The results in this study showed that the S. pneumoniae tehB alone not only conferred on E. coli high level resistance to tellurite, but also caused filamentous morphology in E. coli. ..
- Lacy P, Logan M, Bablitz B, Moqbel R. Fusion protein vesicle-associated membrane protein 2 is implicated in IFN-gamma-induced piecemeal degranulation in human eosinophils from atopic individuals. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2001;107:671-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that exocytosis in human eosinophils is regulated by SNAREs, with a specific role indicated for VAMP-2 in piecemeal degranulation. ..
- Maier S, Podemski L, Graham S, McDermid H, Locke J. Characterization of the adenosine deaminase-related growth factor (ADGF) gene family in Drosophila. Gene. 2001;280:27-36 pubmed..Our analysis predicts the existence of several other unsampled ADGF-like genes, both within the species examined here, and in other related invertebrates. ..
- Li B, Gallin W. Differential localization of chicken FIP2 homologue, Ag-9C5, in secretory epithelial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2002;272:135-45 pubmed
- Li Q, Liu Y, Zhao W, Chen X. The calcium-binding EF-hand in polycystin-L is not a domain for channel activation and ensuing inactivation. FEBS Lett. 2002;516:270-8 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that the EF-hand and other parts of the carboxyl tail of PCL are not determinants of channel activation/inactivation although the EF-hand seems to be involved in the modulation of these processes. ..
- Lin X, Nunn C, Hoyer D, Rivier J, Peter R. Identification and characterization of a type five-like somatostatin receptor in goldfish pituitary. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2002;189:105-16 pubmed
- Barrette Ng I, Ng K, Mark B, Van Aken D, Cherney M, Garen C, et al. Structure of arterivirus nsp4. The smallest chymotrypsin-like proteinase with an alpha/beta C-terminal extension and alternate conformations of the oxyanion hole. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:39960-6 pubmed..In different copies of nsp4 in the asymmetric unit, the oxyanion hole adopts either a collapsed inactive conformation or the standard active conformation, which may be a novel way of regulating proteolytic activity. ..
- Godbout R, Andison R, Katyal S, Bisgrove D. Isolation of a novel cDNA enriched in the undifferentiated chick retina and lens. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:409-15 pubmed..The distribution pattern of EURL in the developing retina and lens suggest a role before the events leading to cell determination and differentiation. ..
- Wang L, Tahlan K, Kaziuk T, Alexander D, Jensen S. Transcriptional and translational analysis of the ccaR gene from Streptomyces clavuligerus. Microbiology. 2004;150:4137-45 pubmed..Inspection of the region upstream of ccaR by S1 nuclease protection and primer extension analyses indicated the presence of two transcript start points that mapped to residues located 74 and 173 bp upstream of the ATG codon. ..
- Douglas J, Trieber C, Afara M, Young H. Rapid, high-yield expression and purification of Ca2+-ATPase regulatory proteins for high-resolution structural studies. Protein Expr Purif. 2005;40:118-25 pubmed..In addition, we show that our recombinant PLB and SLN are suitable for high-resolution structural studies. ..
- Roe A, Sperling F. Patterns of evolution of mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase I and II DNA and implications for DNA barcoding. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2007;44:325-45 pubmed publisher..Consequently, we recommend that researchers should maximize sequence length to increase the probability of sampling regions of high phylogenetic informativeness, and to minimize stochastic variation in estimating total divergence...
- Handford C, Stang C, Raivio T, Dennis J. The contribution of small cryptic plasmids to the antibiotic resistance of enteropathogenic Escherichia coli E2348/69. Can J Microbiol. 2009;55:1229-39 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that gene clusters of the sul2-strAB antibiotic resistance genes are widespread and highly transferable, owing to their presence in a wide variety of mobile genetic elements. ..
- Katyal S, Glubrecht D, Li L, Gao Z, Godbout R. Disabled-1 alternative splicing in human fetal retina and neural tumors. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28579 pubmed publisher..Dab1-E- and Dab-L-like isoforms are also expressed in childhood neural tumors, with preferential enrichment of Dab1-L-like and Dab1-E-like isoforms in retinoblastoma and neuroblastoma, respectively...
- Goomeshi Nobary S, Jensen S. A comparison of the clavam biosynthetic gene clusters in Streptomyces antibioticus Tü1718 and Streptomyces clavuligerus. Can J Microbiol. 2012;58:413-25 pubmed publisher..A potential clavam biosynthetic pathway consistent with the genes in the cluster and the metabolites produced by S. antibioticus, and correspondingly different from that of S. clavuligerus, is proposed. ..
- Lynch K, Abdu A, Schobert M, Dennis J. Genomic characterization of JG068, a novel virulent podovirus active against Burkholderia cenocepacia. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:574 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to perform genomic and limited functional characterization of the novel BCC phage JG068 (vB_BceP_JG068)...
- Whelan K, Colleran E, Taylor D. Phage inhibition, colicin resistance, and tellurite resistance are encoded by a single cluster of genes on the IncHI2 plasmid R478. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:5016-27 pubmed..Insertions in terA reduced phage inhibition levels only. The presence of the terZ and terF ORFs in pMER610 was confirmed, and derivatives of this plasmid mediated Phi, PacB, and Ter...
- Mansour S, Herbrick J, Scherer S, Melancon P. Human GBF1 is a ubiquitously expressed gene of the sec7 domain family mapping to 10q24. Genomics. 1998;54:323-7 pubmed..The gene maps to 10q24, 2.33 cR from D10S540. It is fully contained within YAC 822C1 and covers at most 450 kb. Its Sec7 domain-encoding region harbors four introns. ..
- Stone S, Vance J. Cloning and expression of murine liver phosphatidylserine synthase (PSS)-2: differential regulation of phospholipid metabolism by PSS1 and PSS2. Biochem J. 1999;342 ( Pt 1):57-64 pubmed..In addition, mRNAs encoding the two synthases are differentially expressed in several murine tissues, supporting the idea that PSS1 and PSS2 might perform unique functions. ..
- Saleem R, Banerjee Basu S, Berry F, Baxevanis A, Walter M. Structural and functional analyses of disease-causing missense mutations in the forkhead domain of FOXC1. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:2993-3005 pubmed..Importantly, these results can also be applied to predict the consequences of the molecular effects of mutations of other FOX genes that have analogous missense mutations, including FOXP2, FOXE3 and FOXC2. ..
- Saleem R, Banerjee Basu S, Murphy T, Baxevanis A, Walter M. Essential structural and functional determinants within the forkhead domain of FOXC1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:4182-93 pubmed
- Chen G, Greer M, Lager I, Yilmaz J, Mietkiewska E, Carlsson A, et al. Identification and characterization of an LCAT-like Arabidopsis thaliana gene encoding a novel phospholipase A. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:373-7 pubmed publisher..The expression of AtLCAT-PLA inhibited yeast cell growth and fatty acid accumulation. AtLCAT-PLA transcript in Arabidopsis was detected at high levels in roots and siliques. ..
- Klapoetke N, Murata Y, Kim S, Pulver S, Birdsey Benson A, Cho Y, et al. Independent optical excitation of distinct neural populations. Nat Methods. 2014;11:338-46 pubmed publisher..Together these two reagents enable two-color activation of neural spiking and downstream synaptic transmission in independent neural populations without detectable cross-talk in mouse brain slice. ..
- Strynadka N, Jensen S, Alzari P, James M. A potent new mode of beta-lactamase inhibition revealed by the 1.7 A X-ray crystallographic structure of the TEM-1-BLIP complex. Nat Struct Biol. 1996;3:290-7 pubmed..This beta-hairpin may serve as a template with which to create a new family of peptide-analogue beta-lactamase inhibitors. ..
- Hobman T, Lemon H, Jewell K. Characterization of an endoplasmic reticulum retention signal in the rubella virus E1 glycoprotein. J Virol. 1997;71:7670-80 pubmed..Accordingly, assembly of E2 and E1 would mask the signal, thereby allowing transport of the heterodimer from the ER. ..
- Bitangcol J, Chau A, Stadnick E, Lohka M, Dicken B, Shibuya E. Activation of the p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway inhibits Cdc2 activation and entry into M-phase in cycling Xenopus egg extracts. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:451-67 pubmed..These results indicate that, in addition to the established role of p42MAPK activation in M-phase arrest, the inappropriate activation of p42MAPK during interphase prevents normal entry into M-phase. ..
- Bernstein N, Cherney M, Loetscher H, Ridley R, James M. Crystal structure of the novel aspartic proteinase zymogen proplasmepsin II from plasmodium falciparum. Nat Struct Biol. 1999;6:32-7 pubmed..Disruption of key salt bridges at low pH may be important in activation. ..
- Moore S, Chen M, Cox D. Cloning and mapping of murine superoxide dismutase copper chaperone (Ccsd) and mapping of the human ortholog. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;88:35-7 pubmed..The human and mouse metallochaperones are ubiquitously expressed in the major tissues of the body but seem to have different transcription products. ..
- Page W, Tindale A, Chandra M, Kwon E. Alginate formation in Azotobacter vinelandii UWD during stationary phase and the turnover of poly-beta-hydroxybutyrate. Microbiology. 2001;147:483-90 pubmed..Evidence is also presented to show that the RpoD promoter may be recognized by the stationary phase sigma factor (RpoS), which may mediate alginate production in strain UWD. ..
- Haruta M, Major I, Christopher M, Patton J, Constabel C. A Kunitz trypsin inhibitor gene family from trembling aspen (Populus tremuloides Michx.): cloning, functional expression, and induction by wounding and herbivory. Plant Mol Biol. 2001;46:347-59 pubmed..This work establishes the presence of a functional protein-based inducible defense system in trembling aspen. ..
- Ngai S, Pearlstone J, Smillie L, Hodges R. Characterization of the biologically important interaction between troponin C and the N-terminal region of troponin I. J Cell Biochem. 2001;83:99-110 pubmed..These results show that the regulatory peptide binds strongly to the C-terminal domain of TnC. ..
- Saunders H, Magor B. Cloning and expression of the AID gene in the channel catfish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2004;28:657-63 pubmed publisher..However, the identification of a fish AID gene will allow us to determine the tissue architecture and locations for affinity maturation in fish...
- Zhong H, Marcus S, Li L. Microwave-assisted acid hydrolysis of proteins combined with liquid chromatography MALDI MS/MS for protein identification. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2005;16:471-81 pubmed
- Alvarez B, Vilas G, Casey J. Metabolon disruption: a mechanism that regulates bicarbonate transport. EMBO J. 2005;24:2499-511 pubmed..PKC therefore reduces CAII/SLC26A6 interaction, reducing bicarbonate transport rate. Taken together, our data support a mechanism for acute regulation of membrane transport: metabolon disruption. ..
- Berry F, Tamimi Y, Carle M, Lehmann O, Walter M. The establishment of a predictive mutational model of the forkhead domain through the analyses of FOXC2 missense mutations identified in patients with hereditary lymphedema with distichiasis. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:2619-27 pubmed..Together, these data indicate that these FOXC2 missense mutations are functional nulls and that FOXC2 haploinsufficiency underlies hereditary LD and validates the predictive ability of the FOXC1-based FHD mutational model. ..
- Ndayizeye M, Touret N, Fliegel L. Proline 146 is critical to the structure, function and targeting of sod2, the Na+/H+ exchanger of Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1788:983-92 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that Pro(146) is an amino acid critical to sod2 structure, function and localization. ..
- Oladiran A, Belosevic M. Trypanosoma carassii hsp70 increases expression of inflammatory cytokines and chemokines in macrophages of the goldfish (Carassius auratus L.). Dev Comp Immunol. 2009;33:1128-36 pubmed publisher..Parasite hsp70 also up-regulated the expression inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) isoforms A and B and induced a strong nitric oxide response of goldfish macrophages. ..
- Katzenback B, Belosevic M. Characterization of granulocyte colony stimulating factor receptor of the goldfish (Carassius auratus L.). Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;36:199-207 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, gcsfr mRNA levels were up-regulated in neutrophils after treatment with heat-killed Aeromonas salmonicida A449 or with mitogens. Our results indicate that GCSFR may be a useful marker for fish neutrophils. ..
- Matochko W, Chu K, Jin B, Lee S, Whitesides G, Derda R. Deep sequencing analysis of phage libraries using Illumina platform. Methods. 2012;58:47-55 pubmed publisher..It could also be instrumental in developing new screening strategies, which can preserve diversity of phage clones and identify ligands previously lost in phage display screens. ..
- Hoi H, Howe E, Ding Y, Zhang W, Baird M, Sell B, et al. An engineered monomeric Zoanthus sp. yellow fluorescent protein. Chem Biol. 2013;20:1296-304 pubmed publisher..mPapaya1 is a valuable addition to the palette of FP variants that are useful for multicolor imaging and FRET-based biosensing. ..
- Alves C, Lee B, Sykes B, Fliegel L. Structural and functional analysis of the transmembrane segment pair VI and VII of the NHE1 isoform of the Na+/H+ exchanger. Biochemistry. 2014;53:3658-70 pubmed publisher..A study of two transmembrane peptides provides further insight into the structure of the NHE1 protein...
- Tao S, Kaul R, Wenman W. Identification and nucleotide sequence of a developmentally regulated gene encoding a eukaryotic histone H1-like protein from Chlamydia trachomatis. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:2818-22 pubmed..This protein appears to represent one of the few eukaryotic histonelike proteins described to date in prokaryotes...
- Heinisch J, von Borstel R, Rodicio R. Sequence and localization of the gene encoding yeast phosphoglycerate mutase. Curr Genet. 1991;20:167-71 pubmed..3' to the coding region we sequenced a composite repetitive element which, apparently, originated from a recombination between a delta- and a tau-element. Finally, we mapped the GPM1 gene 13 cM distal to fas1 on chromosome XI. ..
- Upton C, Macen J, Maranchuk R, DeLange A, McFadden G. Tumorigenic poxviruses: fine analysis of the recombination junctions in malignant rabbit fibroma virus, a recombinant between Shope fibroma virus and myxoma virus. Virology. 1988;166:229-39 pubmed..In summary, MRV has received the following ORFs from SFV: at the left terminus T5 (fusion), T6, T7, and T8; at the right terminus, T5 (fusion), T6, T7, T8, T9-R, SFGF, and T11-R (fusion)...
- Lavigne P, Crump M, Gagné S, Hodges R, Kay C, Sykes B. Insights into the mechanism of heterodimerization from the 1H-NMR solution structure of the c-Myc-Max heterodimeric leucine zipper. J Mol Biol. 1998;281:165-81 pubmed..The low stabilities of the Max homodimeric LZ and the c-Myc-Max heterodimeric LZ as well as the specific interactions observed are discussed with regard to regulation of transcription in this family of transcription factors. ..
- Crump M, Rajarathnam K, Kim K, Clark Lewis I, Sykes B. Solution structure of eotaxin, a chemokine that selectively recruits eosinophils in allergic inflammation. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:22471-9 pubmed..As the N-terminal and loop regions have been shown to be critical for receptor binding and signaling, this structure will be useful for determining the basis for CCR3 selectivity of the eotaxin. ..
- Mark B, Mahuran D, Cherney M, Zhao D, Knapp S, James M. Crystal structure of human beta-hexosaminidase B: understanding the molecular basis of Sandhoff and Tay-Sachs disease. J Mol Biol. 2003;327:1093-109 pubmed
- Loewen S, Ng A, Mohabir N, Baldwin S, Cass C, Young J. Functional characterization of a H+/nucleoside co-transporter (CaCNT) from Candida albicans, a fungal member of the concentrative nucleoside transporter (CNT) family of membrane proteins. Yeast. 2003;20:661-75 pubmed..CaCNT, obtained from logarithmically growing cells, is the first described cation-coupled nucleoside transporter in yeast, and the first member of the CNT family of proteins to be characterized from a unicellular eukaryotic organism. ..
- Jiang Z, Koganty R. Synthetic vaccines: the role of adjuvants in immune targeting. Curr Med Chem. 2003;10:1423-39 pubmed..Either alone or in combination with chemotherapy, innate immune therapy using TLR ligands to stimulate the immune system may offer an alternate therapeutic approach against rapidly mutating viral infections-(HIV/AIDS), and cancers. ..
- Alvarez B, Loiselle F, Supuran C, Schwartz G, Casey J. Direct extracellular interaction between carbonic anhydrase IV and the human NBC1 sodium/bicarbonate co-transporter. Biochemistry. 2003;42:12321-9 pubmed publisher..The tethering of CAII and CAIV close to the NBC1 HCO(3)(-) transport site maximizes the transmembrane HCO(3)(-) gradient local to NBC1 and thereby activates the transport rate...
- Kawulka K, Sprules T, Diaper C, Whittal R, McKay R, Mercier P, et al. Structure of subtilosin A, a cyclic antimicrobial peptide from Bacillus subtilis with unusual sulfur to alpha-carbon cross-links: formation and reduction of alpha-thio-alpha-amino acid derivatives. Biochemistry. 2004;43:3385-95 pubmed..Subtilosin A (1) represents a new class of bacteriocins. ..
- Lu J, Edwards R, Wong J, Manchak J, Scott P, Frost L, et al. Protonation-mediated structural flexibility in the F conjugation regulatory protein, TraM. EMBO J. 2006;25:2930-9 pubmed publisher..Comparison of TraM to its Glu88 mutants predicted to stabilize the helical structure suggests that the protonated state is the active form for binding TraD in conjugation...
- Bleackley R, Duggan B, Ehrman N, Lobe C. Isolation of two cDNA sequences which encode cytotoxic cell proteases. FEBS Lett. 1988;234:153-9 pubmed..These include the lack of a disulphide bond which spans the active site serine, the presence of a signal sequence and the inference of a dipeptide activation sequence. ..
- Stein P, Boodhoo A, Armstrong G, Cockle S, Klein M, Read R. The crystal structure of pertussis toxin. Structure. 1994;2:45-57 pubmed..Knowledge of the tertiary structure of the active site forms a rational basis for elimination of catalytic activity in recombinant molecules for vaccine use...
- Brindley D, Waggoner D. Mammalian lipid phosphate phosphohydrolases. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:24281-4 pubmed
- Marelli M, Aitchison J, Wozniak R. Specific binding of the karyopherin Kap121p to a subunit of the nuclear pore complex containing Nup53p, Nup59p, and Nup170p. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:1813-30 pubmed..Interestingly, Nup53p is specifically phosphorylated during mitosis. This phenomenon is correlated with a transient decrease in perinuclear-associated Kap121p. ..
- Liu M, Turner R, Winstone T, Saetre A, Dyllick Brenzinger M, Jickling G, et al. Escherichia coli TehB requires S-adenosylmethionine as a cofactor to mediate tellurite resistance. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:6509-13 pubmed..These data suggest that TehB utilizes a methyltransferase activity in the detoxification of tellurite. ..
- Vandertol Vanier H, Vazquez Duhalt R, Tinoco R, Pickard M. Enhanced activity by poly(ethylene glycol) modification of Coriolopsis gallica laccase. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2002;29:214-20 pubmed..Thus, a change of the protein surface improves the mediator oxidation efficiency, but does not affect non-enzymatic PAH oxidation by oxidized mediators...
- Abraham T, Lewis R, Hodges R, McElhaney R. Isothermal titration calorimetry studies of the binding of a rationally designed analogue of the antimicrobial peptide gramicidin s to phospholipid bilayer membranes. Biochemistry. 2005;44:2103-12 pubmed..2 to +35.0 kcal/mol), indicating that GS14dK4 binding to phospholipids bilayers is primarily entropy driven. ..
- Hamula C, Zhang H, Guan L, Li X, Le X. Selection of aptamers against live bacterial cells. Anal Chem. 2008;80:7812-9 pubmed publisher..On average, an estimated 164 +/- 47 aptamer molecules were bound to a target cell with an apparent K d of 13 +/- 3 nM. A likely putative molecular target of hemag1P is the S-layer protein on the cell surface. ..
- Wu F, Wang P, Zhang J, Young L, Lai R, Li L. Studies of phosphoproteomic changes induced by nucleophosmin-anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK) highlight deregulation of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)/Fas/TNF-related apoptosis-induced ligand signaling pathway in ALK-positive anaplastic large cell lymph. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2010;9:1616-32 pubmed publisher