Experts and Doctors on mitochondrial membrane transport proteins in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Locale: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Topic: mitochondrial membrane transport proteins
- Katragadda D, Batchu S, Cho W, Chaudhary K, Falck J, Seubert J. Epoxyeicosatrienoic acids limit damage to mitochondrial function following stress in cardiac cells. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;46:867-75 pubmed publisher..Our studies show that EETs can limit mitochondrial dysfunction following cellular stress via a K(+) channel-dependent mechanism. ..
- Szeto S, Reinke S, Oyedotun K, Sykes B, Lemire B. Expression of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Sdh3p and Sdh4p paralogs results in catalytically active succinate dehydrogenase isoenzymes. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:22509-20 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, the Sdh3p subunit can form SDH isoenzymes with Sdh4p or with Shh4p as well as be a subunit of the TIM22 mitochondrial protein import complex. ..
- Putman C, Dixon W, Pearcey J, Maclean I, Jendral M, Kiricsi M, et al. Chronic low-frequency stimulation upregulates uncoupling protein-3 in transforming rat fast-twitch skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2004;287:R1419-26 pubmed..However, during exposure to long-term CLFS, mitochondria were generated with a lower complement of UCP-3 and coincided with the emergence of a growing population of oxidative type IIA fibers. ..
- Sherman E, Taylor R, Go N, Nargang F. Effect of mutations in Tom40 on stability of the translocase of the outer mitochondrial membrane (TOM) complex, assembly of Tom40, and import of mitochondrial preproteins. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:22554-65 pubmed publisher..This supports the idea that the TOM complex plays an active role in the transfer of preproteins to subsequent translocases for insertion into the correct mitochondrial subcompartment...
- Wideman J, Lackey S, Srayko M, Norton K, Nargang F. Analysis of mutations in Neurospora crassa ERMES components reveals specific functions related to ?-barrel protein assembly and maintenance of mitochondrial morphology. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71837 pubmed publisher..Loss of N. crassa Gem1 has no effect on the assembly of these proteins but does affect mitochondrial morphology. ..