Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on kinetochores in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Locale: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Famulski J, Vos L, Sun X, Chan G. Stable hZW10 kinetochore residency, mediated by hZwint-1 interaction, is essential for the mitotic checkpoint. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:507-20 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we find that stable hZW10 kinetochore residency at prometaphase kinetochores is dependent on its interaction with hZwint-1, and is essential for mitotic checkpoint arrest. ..
- Iouk T, Kerscher O, Scott R, Basrai M, Wozniak R. The yeast nuclear pore complex functionally interacts with components of the spindle assembly checkpoint. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:807-19 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that the association of Mad1p with the NPC is not passive and that it plays a role in nuclear transport. ..
- Chan G, Yen T. The mitotic checkpoint: a signaling pathway that allows a single unattached kinetochore to inhibit mitotic exit. Prog Cell Cycle Res. 2003;5:431-9 pubmed..A single unattached kinetochore is proposed to amplify the "wait anaphase" signal through a kinase cascade involving checkpoint kinases such as hBubR1, hBub1 and Mps1. ..
- Scott R, Lusk C, Dilworth D, Aitchison J, Wozniak R. Interactions between Mad1p and the nuclear transport machinery in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4362-74 pubmed..Our further analysis also showed that only the C terminus of Mad1p is required for SAC function and that the NPC, through Nup53p, may act to regulate the duration of the SAC response. ..
- Famulski J, Chan G. Aurora B kinase-dependent recruitment of hZW10 and hROD to tensionless kinetochores. Curr Biol. 2007;17:2143-9 pubmed..We therefore conclude that Aurora B kinase activity is required for the accumulation of tension-sensitive mitotic-checkpoint components, such as hZW10 and hROD, in order to maintain mitotic-checkpoint arrest. ..
- Scott R, Cairo L, Van de Vosse D, Wozniak R. The nuclear export factor Xpo1p targets Mad1p to kinetochores in yeast. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:21-9 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an important function for Xpo1p in mediating intranuclear transport events and identify a signaling pathway between kinetochores and NPCs. ..
- Cairo L, Ptak C, Wozniak R. Mitosis-specific regulation of nuclear transport by the spindle assembly checkpoint protein Mad1p. Mol Cell. 2013;49:109-20 pubmed publisher..We propose that a distinct branch of the SAC exists in which Mad1p senses unattached kinetochores and, by altering NPC transport activity, regulates the nuclear environment of the spindle. ..
- Cairo L, Wozniak R. The Nuclear Transport Factor Kap121 Is Required for Stability of the Dam1 Complex and Mitotic Kinetochore Bi-orientation. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2440-50 pubmed publisher..We propose that Kap121 stabilizes the Dam1 complex and participates in escorting it to spindle MTs. ..
- Vos L, Famulski J, Chan G. hZwint-1 bridges the inner and outer kinetochore: identification of the kinetochore localization domain and the hZw10-interaction domain. Biochem J. 2011;436:157-68 pubmed publisher..The two domains are at opposite ends of the protein as expected for a protein that bridges the inner and outer kinetochore. ..