Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on inbred c57bl mice in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Locale: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Topic: inbred c57bl mice
- Gelinas J, Banko J, Peters M, Klann E, Weeber E, Nguyen P. Activation of exchange protein activated by cyclic-AMP enhances long-lasting synaptic potentiation in the hippocampus. Learn Mem. 2008;15:403-11 pubmed publisher..Activation of Epac represents a novel signaling pathway for rapid regulation of the stability of enduring forms of LTP and, perhaps, of hippocampus- dependent long-term memories. ..
- Clugston R, Klattig J, Englert C, Clagett Dame M, Martinovic J, Benachi A, et al. Teratogen-induced, dietary and genetic models of congenital diaphragmatic hernia share a common mechanism of pathogenesis. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:1541-9 pubmed..Importantly, these data show that very distinct models of CDH all share a common pathogenic mechanism and, together with supporting evidence from pathological specimens, highlight our proposed pathogenic model for CDH. ..
- Hidalgo L, Urmson J, Halloran P. IFN-gamma decreases CTL generation by limiting IL-2 production: A feedback loop controlling effector cell production. Am J Transplant. 2005;5:651-61 pubmed..This creates a feedback loop in which effectors produce IFN-gamma that limits IL-2 production which in turn limits CTL generation. ..
- Duggan B, Cabilio N, Dickie P, Witmer J, Goping I, Underhill D, et al. A novel lineage-specific hypersensitive site is essential for position independent granzyme B expression in transgenic mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;368:357-63 pubmed publisher..Deletion of HS2 resulted in a 10-fold reduction in expression. This is the first report of a major distal regulatory element in the control of granzyme B transcription. ..
- Wang X, Chow F, Oka T, Hao L, Lopez Campistrous A, Kelly S, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-7 and ADAM-12 (a disintegrin and metalloproteinase-12) define a signaling axis in agonist-induced hypertension and cardiac hypertrophy. Circulation. 2009;119:2480-9 pubmed publisher..Approaches targeting this novel MMP-7/ADAM-12 signaling axis could have generic therapeutic potential in hypertensive disorders caused by multiple or unknown agonists. ..
- Molavi O, Ma Z, Hamdy S, Lai R, Lavasanifar A, Samuel J. Synergistic antitumor effects of CpG oligodeoxynucleotide and STAT3 inhibitory agent JSI-124 in a mouse melanoma tumor model. Immunol Cell Biol. 2008;86:506-14 pubmed publisher..This study has provided the proof-of-principle for combining CpG and JSI-124 to enhance antitumor immune responses. ..
- Kassiri Z, Oudit G, Kandalam V, Awad A, Wang X, Ziou X, et al. Loss of TIMP3 enhances interstitial nephritis and fibrosis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:1223-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide evidence that TIMP3 is an important mediator of kidney injury, and regulating its activity may have therapeutic benefit for patients with kidney disease...
- Duta F, Ulanova M, Seidel D, Puttagunta L, Musat Marcu S, Harrod K, et al. Differential expression of spleen tyrosine kinase Syk isoforms in tissues: Effects of the microbial flora. Histochem Cell Biol. 2006;126:495-505 pubmed..In summary, our study reveals new and broad tissue expression of both Syk isoforms and demonstrates that lack of microbial flora results in selectively increased expression of Syk (S) isoform in lung and spleen. ..
- Li Z, Agellon L, Vance D. A role for high density lipoproteins in hepatic phosphatidylcholine homeostasis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:893-900 pubmed
- Abdel Latif D, Steward M, Macdonald D, Francis G, Dinauer M, Lacy P. Rac2 is critical for neutrophil primary granule exocytosis. Blood. 2004;104:832-9 pubmed..These findings suggest an obligatory role for Rac2 in regulation of primary granule release by neutrophils. ..
- Russell J, Proctor S, Kelly S, Lohn M, Busch A, Schafer S. Insulin-sensitizing and cardiovascular effects of the sodium-hydrogen exchange inhibitor, cariporide, in the JCR: LA-cp rat and db/db mouse. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2005;46:746-53 pubmed..It also improved vascular function in a similar mouse model of insulin resistance. These effects were markedly greater than those of ramipril. ..
- Bhatnagar P, Awasthi A, Nomellini J, Smit J, Suresh M. Anti-tumor effects of the bacterium Caulobacter crescentus in murine tumor models. Cancer Biol Ther. 2006;5:485-91 pubmed..The results suggest that C. crescentus may be a safe, bacterial immunomodulator for the treatment of tumors. ..
- Einecke G, Fairhead T, Hidalgo L, Sis B, Turner P, Zhu L, et al. Tubulitis and epithelial cell alterations in mouse kidney transplant rejection are independent of CD103, perforin or granzymes A/B. Am J Transplant. 2006;6:2109-20 pubmed..We suggest that alloimmune effector T cells mediate epithelial injury by contact-independent mechanisms related to delayed type hypersensitivity, followed by invasion of the altered epithelium to produce tubulitis. ..
- Olechowski C, Truong J, Kerr B. Neuropathic pain behaviours in a chronic-relapsing model of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE). Pain. 2009;141:156-64 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that the MOG(35-55) EAE model is a useful tool to study neuropathic pain in MS. ..
- Zhong J, Basu R, Guo D, Chow F, Byrns S, Schuster M, et al. Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 suppresses pathological hypertrophy, myocardial fibrosis, and cardiac dysfunction. Circulation. 2010;122:717-28, 18 p following 728 pubmed publisher..Hence, ACE2 is an important negative regulator of Ang II-induced heart disease and suppresses adverse myocardial remodeling. ..
- Woo N, Abel T, Nguyen P. Genetic and pharmacological demonstration of a role for cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase-mediated suppression of protein phosphatases in gating the expression of late LTP. Eur J Neurosci. 2002;16:1871-6 pubmed..Inhibition of PP1/2A did not affect early LTP (E-LTP) or basal synaptic transmission in mutant and wildtype slices. Our data show that genetic inhibition of PKA impairs L-LTP by reducing PKA-mediated suppression of PP1/2A. ..
- Afkhami Goli A, Noorbakhsh F, Keller A, Vergnolle N, Westaway D, Jhamandas J, et al. Proteinase-activated receptor-2 exerts protective and pathogenic cell type-specific effects in Alzheimer's disease. J Immunol. 2007;179:5493-503 pubmed
- Guo D, Kassiri Z, Basu R, Chow F, Kandalam V, Damilano F, et al. Loss of PI3K? enhances cAMP-dependent MMP remodeling of the myocardial N-cadherin adhesion complexes and extracellular matrix in response to early biomechanical stress. Circ Res. 2010;107:1275-89 pubmed publisher..Loss of phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)?, the isoform linked to G protein-coupled receptor signaling, results in increased myocardial contractility, but the response to pressure overload is controversial...
- Nanji S, Hancock W, Luo B, Schur C, Pawlick R, Zhu L, et al. Costimulation blockade of both inducible costimulator and CD40 ligand induces dominant tolerance to islet allografts and prevents spontaneous autoimmune diabetes in the NOD mouse. Diabetes. 2006;55:27-33 pubmed..These data demonstrate that the blockade of CD40 ligand and ICOS signaling induces islet allograft tolerance involving a dominant mechanism associated with intragraft regulatory cells and prevents autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice. ..
- Hagedorn K, Cooke C, Falck J, Mitchell B, Davidge S. Regulation of vascular tone during pregnancy: a novel role for the pregnane X receptor. Hypertension. 2007;49:328-33 pubmed
- Noga A, Vance D. A gender-specific role for phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase-derived phosphatidylcholine in the regulation of plasma high density and very low density lipoproteins in mice. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21851-9 pubmed..These results suggest that, even though the content of hepatic PC was normal in PEMT-deficient mice, plasma lipoprotein levels were profoundly altered in a gender-specific manner. ..
- Bailey A, Wahlsten D, Hurd P. Digit ratio (2D:4D) and behavioral differences between inbred mouse strains. Genes Brain Behav. 2005;4:318-23 pubmed..We found large differences in digit ratio between the strains and suggest that inbred mice are a promising system for investigating the correlation between digit ratio and behavioral traits. ..
- Steenbergen R, Nanowski T, Beigneux A, Kulinski A, Young S, Vance J. Disruption of the phosphatidylserine decarboxylase gene in mice causes embryonic lethality and mitochondrial defects. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:40032-40 pubmed..Moreover, elimination of PE production in mitochondria causes fragmented, misshapen mitochondria, an abnormality that likely contributes to the embryonic lethality. ..
- Silver E, Lavender K, Gong D, Hazes B, Kane K. Allelic variation in the ectodomain of the inhibitory Ly-49G2 receptor alters its specificity for allogeneic and xenogeneic ligands. J Immunol. 2002;169:4752-60 pubmed..Our results indicate that allelic variation in Ly-49 extracellular domains can have functional significance by altering Ly-49 receptor specificity for mouse class I MHC and xenogeneic ligands. ..
- Kandalam V, Basu R, Abraham T, Wang X, Soloway P, Jaworski D, et al. TIMP2 deficiency accelerates adverse post-myocardial infarction remodeling because of enhanced MT1-MMP activity despite lack of MMP2 activation. Circ Res. 2010;106:796-808 pubmed publisher..TIMP2 replenishment in diseased myocardium could provide a potential therapy in reducing or preventing disease progression. ..
- Andrew S, Xu X, Baross Francis A, Narayanan L, Milhausen K, Liskay R, et al. Mutagenesis in PMS2- and MSH2-deficient mice indicates differential protection from transversions and frameshifts. Carcinogenesis. 2000;21:1291-5 pubmed..These variances in mutation accumulation may also play a role, in part, in the differences seen in prevalence of MSH2 and PMS2 germline mutations in hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer patients. ..
- Nassiri M, Liu J, Kulak S, Uwiera R, Aird W, Ballermann B, et al. Repressors NFI and NFY participate in organ-specific regulation of von Willebrand factor promoter activity in transgenic mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:1423-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, the lung-specific enhancer region of the endogenous VWF gene may inhibit NFI repressor function through chromatin looping, which can approximate the 2 regions. ..
- Kamnasaran D, Chen C, Devriendt K, Mehta L, Cox D. Defining a holoprosencephaly locus on human chromosome 14q13 and characterization of potential candidate genes. Genomics. 2005;85:608-21 pubmed..Genomic structure, human expression patterns, protein cellular localization, and embryonic expression patterns of orthologous murine genes were determined, showing that the three genes have properties similar to those of known HPE genes...
- Puente L, Mireau L, Lysechko T, Ostergaard H. Phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase regulates PKCtheta activity in cytotoxic T cells. Mol Immunol. 2005;42:1177-84 pubmed..Our data indicate that phosphorylation of PKCtheta is not a suitable surrogate measurement for PKCtheta activity and that additional, yet to be defined steps, are required for the regulation of PKCtheta enzymatic activity in CTL. ..
- Cole L, Jacobs R, Vance D. Tamoxifen induces triacylglycerol accumulation in the mouse liver by activation of fatty acid synthesis. Hepatology. 2010;52:1258-65 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of fatty acid synthesis might, therefore, ameliorate steatosis/steatohepatitis in breast cancer patients treated with tamoxifen. ..
- Jacobs R, Zhao Y, Koonen D, Sletten T, Su B, Lingrell S, et al. Impaired de novo choline synthesis explains why phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase-deficient mice are protected from diet-induced obesity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:22403-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, de novo synthesis of choline via PEMT has a previously unappreciated role in regulating whole body energy metabolism. ..
- Silver E, Lau J, Kane K. Molecular cloning of mouse NKG2A and C. Immunogenetics. 1999;49:727-30 pubmed
- Dooley J, Abdel Latif D, St Laurent C, Puttagunta L, Befus D, Lacy P. Regulation of inflammation by Rac2 in immune complex-mediated acute lung injury. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2009;297:L1091-102 pubmed publisher..We propose that lung injury in response to immune complex deposition is dependent on Rac2 in alveolar macrophages and neutrophils. ..
- Wang X, Oka T, Chow F, Cooper S, Odenbach J, Lopaschuk G, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha-converting enzyme is a key regulator of agonist-induced cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis. Hypertension. 2009;54:575-82 pubmed publisher..Targeting TACE has potential therapeutic importance for modulating agonist-induced cardiac remodeling. ..
- Zhao Y, Su B, Jacobs R, Kennedy B, Francis G, Waddington E, et al. Lack of phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase alters plasma VLDL phospholipids and attenuates atherosclerosis in mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:1349-55 pubmed publisher..This is the first report showing that inhibition of hepatic phospholipid biosynthesis attenuates atherosclerosis. ..
- Silver E, Gong D, Hazes B, Kane K. Ly-49W, an activating receptor of nonobese diabetic mice with close homology to the inhibitory receptor Ly-49G, recognizes H-2D(k) and H-2D(d). J Immunol. 2001;166:2333-41 pubmed..Ly-49W is the first activating Ly-49 receptor demonstrated to recognize an H-2(k) class I product. Ly-49G and Ly-49W represent a new pair of NK receptors with very similar ligand-binding domains, but opposite signaling functions. ..
- Chaudhary K, Batchu S, Das D, Suresh M, Falck J, Graves J, et al. Role of B-type natriuretic peptide in epoxyeicosatrienoic acid-mediated improved post-ischaemic recovery of heart contractile function. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;83:362-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that EET-mediated cardioprotection involves BNP and PI3K signalling events. ..
- Kirwan S, Burshtyn D. Killer cell Ig-like receptor-dependent signaling by Ig-like transcript 2 (ILT2/CD85j/LILRB1/LIR-1). J Immunol. 2005;175:5006-15 pubmed
- Lee S, Walker C, Wevrick R. Prader-Willi syndrome transcripts are expressed in phenotypically significant regions of the developing mouse brain. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:599-609 pubmed..The analysis of expression patterns of murine orthologues of human disease genes is valuable for identifying sites of gene expression that correlate with disease phenotype. ..
- Goping I, Sawchuk T, Rieger A, Shostak I, Bleackley R. Cytotoxic T lymphocytes overcome Bcl-2 inhibition: target cells contribute to their own demise. Blood. 2008;111:2142-51 pubmed..This ensures that CTLs can eliminate those target cells that have compromised apoptotic potential due to overexpression of Bcl-2. ..
- Hurd P, Bailey A, Gongal P, Yan R, Greer J, Pagliardini S. Intrauterine position effects on anogenital distance and digit ratio in male and female mice. Arch Sex Behav. 2008;37:9-18 pubmed..The possible roles of temporal and localized effects of masculinization are discussed. ..
- Koonen D, Jacobs R, Febbraio M, Young M, Soltys C, Ong H, et al. Increased hepatic CD36 expression contributes to dyslipidemia associated with diet-induced obesity. Diabetes. 2007;56:2863-71 pubmed..As these CD36-mediated effects contribute to the dyslipidemia that often precedes the development of type 2 diabetes, increased hepatic CD36 expression likely plays a causative role in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Bischof J, Stewart C, Wevrick R. Inactivation of the mouse Magel2 gene results in growth abnormalities similar to Prader-Willi syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:2713-9 pubmed..Magel2-null mice provide an important opportunity to examine the physiological basis for PWS neonatal failure to thrive and post-weaning weight gain and for the relationships among circadian rhythm, feeding behavior, and metabolism...
- Li Z, Agellon L, Allen T, Umeda M, Jewell L, Mason A, et al. The ratio of phosphatidylcholine to phosphatidylethanolamine influences membrane integrity and steatohepatitis. Cell Metab. 2006;3:321-31 pubmed..The results have clinical implications as patients with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis have a decreased ratio of PC to PE compared to control livers. ..
- Kuang M, Febbraio M, Wagg C, Lopaschuk G, Dyck J. Fatty acid translocase/CD36 deficiency does not energetically or functionally compromise hearts before or after ischemia. Circulation. 2004;109:1550-7 pubmed..FAT/CD36-deficient hearts are not energetically or functionally compromised and are not more sensitive to ischemic injury because glucose oxidation can compensate for the loss of fatty acid-derived ATP. ..
- Rayat G, Gill R. Indefinite survival of neonatal porcine islet xenografts by simultaneous targeting of LFA-1 and CD154 or CD45RB. Diabetes. 2005;54:443-51 pubmed
- Amritraj A, Hawkes C, Phinney A, Mount H, Scott C, Westaway D, et al. Altered levels and distribution of IGF-II/M6P receptor and lysosomal enzymes in mutant APP and APP + PS1 transgenic mouse brains. Neurobiol Aging. 2009;30:54-70 pubmed
- Seubert J, Sinal C, Graves J, Degraff L, Bradbury J, Lee C, et al. Role of soluble epoxide hydrolase in postischemic recovery of heart contractile function. Circ Res. 2006;99:442-50 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that targeted disruption of sEH increases the availability of cardioprotective EETs that work by activating PI3K signaling pathways and K+ channels. ..
- Koonen D, Sung M, Kao C, Dolinsky V, Koves T, Ilkayeva O, et al. Alterations in skeletal muscle fatty acid handling predisposes middle-aged mice to diet-induced insulin resistance. Diabetes. 2010;59:1366-75 pubmed publisher..Our data also demonstrate that limiting skeletal muscle fatty acid transport is an effective approach for delaying the development of age-associated insulin resistance and metabolic disease during exposure to a high-fat diet. ..
- Kraus A, Groenendyk J, Bedard K, Baldwin T, Krause K, Dubois Dauphin M, et al. Calnexin deficiency leads to dysmyelination. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18928-38 pubmed publisher..This work reveals a previously unrecognized and important function of calnexin in myelination and provides new insights into the mechanisms responsible for myelin diseases. ..
- Ulanova M, Puttagunta L, Marcet Palacios M, Duszyk M, Steinhoff U, Duta F, et al. Syk tyrosine kinase participates in beta1-integrin signaling and inflammatory responses in airway epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;288:L497-507 pubmed..We propose that Syk is involved in signaling pathways induced by integrin engagement in airway EC. Syk-mediated signaling regulates IL-6 and ICAM-1 expression and may be important in the pathophysiology of lung inflammation. ..
- Silver E, Gong D, Chang C, Amrani A, Santamaria P, Kane K. Ly-49P activates NK-mediated lysis by recognizing H-2Dd. J Immunol. 2000;165:1771-81 pubmed..Thus, Ly-49P is the second activating Ly-49 receptor demonstrated to induce NK cytotoxicity by recognizing a class I MHC molecule. ..
- Livy D, Maier S, West J. Long-term alcohol exposure prior to conception results in lower fetal body weights. Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol. 2004;71:135-41 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to determine whether alcohol consumption prior to conception may also have an effect on fetal development...
- Lam R, Nahirney D, Duszyk M. Cholesterol-dependent regulation of adenosine A(2A) receptor-mediated anion secretion in colon epithelial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:3028-35 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that cholesterol content in colonic epithelia affects adenosine-mediated anion secretion by controlling agonist-selective signaling. ..
- Torchia E, Cheema S, Agellon L. Coordinate regulation of bile acid biosynthetic and recovery pathways. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;225:128-33 pubmed..These results suggest that in mice the bile acid recovery and biosynthetic pathways are coordinately regulated, and these pathways may be responsive to the size of the bile acid pool in the enterohepatic circulation. ..
- Archer S, Reeve H, Michelakis E, Puttagunta L, Waite R, Nelson D, et al. O2 sensing is preserved in mice lacking the gp91 phox subunit of NADPH oxidase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:7944-9 pubmed..NADPH oxidase, though a major source of lung radical production, is not the pulmonary vascular O2 sensor in mice. ..
- Noga A, Zhao Y, Vance D. An unexpected requirement for phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase in the secretion of very low density lipoproteins. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42358-65 pubmed..Because the levels of PC in the hepatocytes and hepatoma cells were unaffected by the lack of PEMT expression, there appears to be an unexpected requirement for PEMT in the secretion of apoB100-containing VLDLs. ..
- Gelinas J, Banko J, Hou L, Sonenberg N, Weeber E, Klann E, et al. ERK and mTOR signaling couple beta-adrenergic receptors to translation initiation machinery to gate induction of protein synthesis-dependent long-term potentiation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:27527-35 pubmed
- MacPherson P, McGaffigan R, Wahlsten D, Nguyen P. Impaired fear memory, altered object memory and modified hippocampal synaptic plasticity in split-brain mice. Brain Res. 2008;1210:179-88 pubmed publisher..Agenesis of the CC and HC may unmask some latent ability to encode, store or retrieve certain forms of recognition memory. We suggest that the increased susceptibility to DPT in BTBR may underlie the memory phenotype reported here...
- Aoyama C, Ishidate K, Sugimoto H, Vance D. Induction of choline kinase alpha by carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) occurs via increased binding of c-jun to an AP-1 element. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:1148-55 pubmed..The results from these studies provide strong evidence that the choline kinase alpha promoter has a distal element (-875/-867) that binds c-jun and the binding of c-jun is enhanced by treatment with CCl4. ..
- Dyck J, Hopkins T, Bonnet S, Michelakis E, Young M, Watanabe M, et al. Absence of malonyl coenzyme A decarboxylase in mice increases cardiac glucose oxidation and protects the heart from ischemic injury. Circulation. 2006;114:1721-8 pubmed..Deletion of MCD markedly increases glucose oxidation and improves functional recovery of the heart after ischemia. As a result, chronic pharmacological inhibition of MCD may be a viable approach to treat myocardial ischemia. ..
- Coughlin J, Stang S, Dower N, Stone J. The role of RasGRPs in regulation of lymphocyte proliferation. Immunol Lett. 2006;105:77-82 pubmed
- Andrin C, Pinkoski M, Burns K, Atkinson E, Krahenbuhl O, Hudig D, et al. Interaction between a Ca2+-binding protein calreticulin and perforin, a component of the cytotoxic T-cell granules. Biochemistry. 1998;37:10386-94 pubmed..Our results suggest that calreticulin may act as Ca2+-regulated chaperone for perforin. This action will serve to protect the CTL during biogenesis of granules and may also serve to regulate perforin lytic action after release. ..
- Lam R, Shaw A, Duszyk M. Membrane cholesterol content modulates activation of BK channels in colonic epithelia. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1667:241-8 pubmed..Our evidence therefore implicates novel high-density cholesterol-enriched plasma membrane microdomains in the modulation of BK channel activation and anion secretion in colonic epithelia. ..
- Berry F, Lines M, Oas J, Footz T, Underhill D, Gage P, et al. Functional interactions between FOXC1 and PITX2 underlie the sensitivity to FOXC1 gene dose in Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome and anterior segment dysgenesis. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:905-19 pubmed..Our findings indicate that the functional interaction between FOXC1 and PITX2A underlies the sensitivity to FOXC1 gene dosage in Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome and related anterior segment dysgeneses...
- Berg N, Ostergaard H. T cell receptor engagement induces tyrosine phosphorylation of FAK and Pyk2 and their association with Lck. J Immunol. 1997;159:1753-7 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that FAK and Pyk2, perhaps in coordination with Lck, play a role in T cell activation. ..
- Cole L, Vance D. A role for Sp1 in transcriptional regulation of phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase in liver and 3T3-L1 adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:11880-91 pubmed publisher..In addition, our data established that Sp1 binding was required for tamoxifen-mediated inhibition of Pemt promoter activity. ..
- Kassiri Z, Zhong J, Guo D, Basu R, Wang X, Liu P, et al. Loss of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 accelerates maladaptive left ventricular remodeling in response to myocardial infarction. Circ Heart Fail. 2009;2:446-55 pubmed publisher..We conclude that loss of ACE2 facilitates adverse post-MI ventricular remodeling by potentiation of Ang II effects by means of the AT1 receptors, and supplementing ACE2 can be a potential therapy for ischemic heart disease. ..
- Acharya M, Lingenfelter D, Huang L, Gage P, Walter M. Human PRKC apoptosis WT1 regulator is a novel PITX2-interacting protein that regulates PITX2 transcriptional activity in ocular cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:34829-38 pubmed publisher..These data suggest PAWR is a novel PITX2-interacting protein that regulates PITX2 activity in ocular cells. This information sheds new light in understanding ARS and associated glaucoma pathogenesis. ..
- Kulinski A, Vance D, Vance J. A choline-deficient diet in mice inhibits neither the CDP-choline pathway for phosphatidylcholine synthesis in hepatocytes nor apolipoprotein B secretion. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:23916-24 pubmed..Moreover, the amount and m activity of the cytidylyltransferase and methyltransferase were increased. The reduction in plasma apoB in mice deprived of dietary choline cannot, therefore, be attributed to decreased apoB secretion...
- Boyd J, Gordon T. The neurotrophin receptors, trkB and p75, differentially regulate motor axonal regeneration. J Neurobiol. 2001;49:314-25 pubmed..In addition, full expression of trkB is critical for complete axonal regeneration to proceed. ..
- Kulinski A, Rustaeus S, Vance J. Microsomal triacylglycerol transfer protein is required for lumenal accretion of triacylglycerol not associated with ApoB, as well as for ApoB lipidation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:31516-25 pubmed
- Liu R, Li X, Godbout R. A novel fatty acid-binding protein (FABP) gene resulting from tandem gene duplication in mammals: transcription in rat retina and testis. Genomics. 2008;92:436-45 pubmed publisher..We propose that FABP12 arose as the result of tandem gene duplication, a mechanism that may have been instrumental to the expansion of the FABP family. ..
- Tennese A, Gee C, Wevrick R. Loss of the Prader-Willi syndrome protein necdin causes defective migration, axonal outgrowth, and survival of embryonic sympathetic neurons. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1935-43 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, reduced sympathetic function provides a plausible explanation for deficiencies of salivary gland function in individuals with congenital necdin deficiency consequent to Prader-Willi syndrome. ..
- Agellon L, Drozdowski L, Li L, Iordache C, Luong L, Clandinin M, et al. Loss of intestinal fatty acid binding protein increases the susceptibility of male mice to high fat diet-induced fatty liver. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:1283-8 pubmed..The results obtained demonstrate that loss of I-FABP renders male mice sensitive to high fat diet-induced fatty liver, and this effect is independent of hepatic L-FABP. ..
- Koonen D, Febbraio M, Bonnet S, Nagendran J, Young M, Michelakis E, et al. CD36 expression contributes to age-induced cardiomyopathy in mice. Circulation. 2007;116:2139-47 pubmed..These findings provide evidence that CD36 mediates an age-induced cardiomyopathy in mice and suggest that inhibition of CD36 may be an approach for the treatment of the detrimental age-related effects on cardiac performance. ..