Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Locale: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Publications642 found, 100 shown here
- Kirkpatrick A, Garraway N, Brown D, Nash D, Ng A, Lawless B, et al. Use of a centrifugal vortex blood pump and heparin-bonded circuit for extracorporeal rewarming of severe hypothermia in acutely injured and coagulopathic patients. J Trauma. 2003;55:407-12 pubmed..Noncardiac surgeons can effectively use an extracorporeal rewarming strategy incorporating a heparin-bonded CVBP to rapidly rewarm hypothermic coagulopathic patients undergoing surgery. ..
- Marshall G, Wong J, Sadler D, Gray R. Answer to case of the month # 99 scimitar syndrome. Can Assoc Radiol J. 2005;56:103-5 pubmed
- Gimbel H, Condon G, Kohnen T, Olson R, Halkiadakis I. Late in-the-bag intraocular lens dislocation: incidence, prevention, and management. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2005;31:2193-204 pubmed..Capsular tension rings probably help but do not prevent this complication. Management includes IOL exchange, replacement with an anterior or a sutured posterior chamber IOL, or suturing the IOL through the bag to the iris or the sclera. ..
- Li B, Evans D, Faris P, Dean S, Quan H. Risk adjustment performance of Charlson and Elixhauser comorbidities in ICD-9 and ICD-10 administrative databases. BMC Health Serv Res. 2008;8:12 pubmed publisher..Both comorbidity measures were still valid prognostic indicators in the ICD-10 data and had a similar performance in predicting short and long term mortality in the ICD-9 and ICD-10 data. ..
- Schneider J, Mitchell I, Singhal N, Kirk V, Hasan S. Prenatal cigarette smoke exposure attenuates recovery from hypoxemic challenge in preterm infants. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008;178:520-6 pubmed publisher..These observations could help explain why these infants are at a particularly high risk for sudden infant death syndrome. ..
- Lemaire J, Wallace J, Dinsmore K, Roberts D. Food for thought: an exploratory study of how physicians experience poor workplace nutrition. Nutr J. 2011;10:18 pubmed publisher..Given this threat to health care delivery, health care organizations and the medical profession need to address both the practical and professional barriers identified. ..
- Tourigny P, Hall C. Diagnosis and management of environmental thoracic emergencies. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2012;30:501-28, x pubmed publisher..Current treatment paradigms and controversies within these regimens are discussed...
- Kiss Z, Becker W. Occipital stimulation for chronic migraine: patient selection and complications. Can J Neurol Sci. 2012;39:807-12 pubmed..The location of migraine pain did predict outcome, and suggests that only those with primarily occipital region headache are candidates for this therapy. ..
- Federolf P, Bakker E. Muscle activation characteristics in cross-country skiers with a history of anterior compartment pain. Sports Biomech. 2012;11:452-63 pubmed..The observed differences in the EMG spectra may serve as an early identification of athletes who are at risk of developing CACS. ..
- Gilham D, Wasiak S, Tsujikawa L, Halliday C, Norek K, Patel R, et al. RVX-208, a BET-inhibitor for treating atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, raises ApoA-I/HDL and represses pathways that contribute to cardiovascular disease. Atherosclerosis. 2016;247:48-57 pubmed publisher..Overall, data showed that RVX-208 raises ApoA-I/HDL and represses pro-inflammatory, pro-atherosclerotic and pro-thrombotic pathways that can contribute to CVD risk. ..
- Macy M, Kieran M, Chi S, Cohen K, Macdonald T, Smith A, et al. A pediatric trial of radiation/cetuximab followed by irinotecan/cetuximab in newly diagnosed diffuse pontine gliomas and high-grade astrocytomas: A Pediatric Oncology Experimental Therapeutics Investigators' Consortium study. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017;64: pubmed publisher..While the trial met the predetermined endpoint for DIPG, overall survival was not markedly improved from historical controls, therefore does not merit further study in this population. ..
- Courtenay O, Peters N, Rogers M, Bern C. Combining epidemiology with basic biology of sand flies, parasites, and hosts to inform leishmaniasis transmission dynamics and control. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006571 pubmed publisher..A deeper understanding of both sand fly and host biology and behavior is essential to ensuring effectiveness of vector interventions...
- Parr E, Myles E, Hanani M, Seror D, Riabowol K, Sharkey K. Immunoreactivity for the Fas ligand in the mammalian enteric nervous system. Cell Tissue Res. 1997;290:21-9 pubmed..We conclude that the Fas ligand is expressed by a large subset of enteric neurons and may provide the basis for cytotoxic neuroimmune interactions in the intestines. ..
- Mitton C, Donaldson C. Setting priorities and allocating resources in health regions: lessons from a project evaluating program budgeting and marginal analysis (PBMA). Health Policy. 2003;64:335-48 pubmed..Overall, managers in health organizations internationally would be well-served to consider PBMA to aid regional decision-making processes, but should do so with explicit consideration of the context in which such activity is to occur. ..
- Allen Vercoe E, Toh M, Waddell B, Ho H, DeVinney R. A carboxy-terminal domain of Tir from enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli O157:H7 (EHEC O157:H7) required for efficient type III secretion. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2005;243:355-64 pubmed..coli. These data suggest that this region may play a role in maintaining EHEC O157:H7 Tir in a secretion-competent conformation. ..
- Hill M, Demchuk A, Tomsick T, Palesch Y, Broderick J. Using the baseline CT scan to select acute stroke patients for IV-IA therapy. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2006;27:1612-6 pubmed..Patients with a favorable baseline CT scan appearance are the most likely to benefit from IV-IA therapy. This hypothesis will be tested in the IMS-3 study. ..
- Sarkar S, Nuttall R, Liu S, Edwards D, Yong V. Tenascin-C stimulates glioma cell invasion through matrix metalloproteinase-12. Cancer Res. 2006;66:11771-80 pubmed..These results identify a new factor, MMP-12, in regulating glioma invasiveness through interaction with tenascin-C. ..
- Cantell M, Crawford S, Tish Doyle Baker P. Physical fitness and health indices in children, adolescents and adults with high or low motor competence. Hum Mov Sci. 2008;27:344-62 pubmed publisher..In addition, health-related fitness measurements such as BMI, waist circumference, blood lipid profile and bone mineral density are also recommended. ..
- Gillis A, Morck M, Exner D, Soo A, Rose M, Sheldon R, et al. Beneficial effects of statin therapy for prevention of atrial fibrillation following DDDR pacemaker implantation. Eur Heart J. 2008;29:1873-80 pubmed publisher..0059). AT/AF recurs frequently following pacemaker implantation in patients with sinus node disease. The progression to permanent AF remains low over time. Statin therapy was significantly associated with AT/AF suppression. ..
- Jones G, Wiseman J, Marr K, Wei S, Djeu J, Mody C. In contrast to anti-tumor activity, YT cell and primary NK cell cytotoxicity for Cryptococcus neoformans bypasses LFA-1. Int Immunol. 2009;21:423-32 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that in the absence of LFA-1 expression, NK cells are fully capable of recognizing a target (C. neoformans) and retain all of the events required for cytotoxicity. ..
- Menon B, Hill M, Eesa M, Modi J, Bhatia R, Wong J, et al. Initial experience with the Penumbra Stroke System for recanalization of large vessel occlusions in acute ischemic stroke. Neuroradiology. 2011;53:261-6 pubmed publisher..7%). All-cause mortality was 19%. High recanalization rates and good clinical outcomes are achievable with the Penumbra system. Complication rates are comparable to a previously published literature. ..
- Kelemen L, Goodman M, McGuire V, Rossing M, Webb P, KÃ¶bel M, et al. Genetic variation in TYMS in the one-carbon transfer pathway is associated with ovarian carcinoma types in the Ovarian Cancer Association Consortium. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2010;19:1822-30 pubmed publisher..Biomarkers that distinguish ovarian carcinoma types are few, and TYMS rs495139 may provide a novel clue to type etiology. ..
- Chaiyakul M, Hsu K, Dardari R, Marshall F, Czub M. Cytotoxicity of ORF3 proteins from a nonpathogenic and a pathogenic porcine circovirus. J Virol. 2010;84:11440-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the pathogenicity of PCV2 for pigs is either not determined or not solely determined by the ORF3 protein...
- Ma I, Zalunardo N, Pachev G, Beran T, Brown M, Hatala R, et al. Comparing the use of global rating scale with checklists for the assessment of central venous catheterization skills using simulation. Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2012;17:457-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the practice of universal adoption of checklists as the preferred method of assessment of procedural skills should be questioned. The inclusion of global rating scales should be considered. ..
- Ross S, Rafeiro E, Meinicke T, Toorawa R, Weber Born S, Woerle H. Efficacy and safety of linagliptin 2.5?mg twice daily versus 5?mg once daily in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled on metformin: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Curr Med Res Opin. 2012;28:1465-74 pubmed..Linagliptin 2.5?mg twice daily had non-inferior HbA1c-lowering effects after 12 weeks compared to 5?mg once daily, with comparable safety and tolerability, in T2DM patients inadequately controlled with metformin. ..
- Sutherland G, Wolfsberger S, Lama S, Zarei nia K. The evolution of neuroArm. Neurosurgery. 2013;72 Suppl 1:27-32 pubmed publisher..neuroArm represents a successful interdisciplinary collaboration. It has positive implications for the future of robotic technology in neurosurgery in that the precision and accuracy of robots will continue to augment human capability. ..
- Addington J, Stowkowy J, Cadenhead K, Cornblatt B, McGlashan T, Perkins D, et al. Early traumatic experiences in those at clinical high risk for psychosis. Early Interv Psychiatry. 2013;7:300-5 pubmed publisher..These results offer preliminary support for an association between a history of trauma and later subthreshold symptoms. ..
- Watts R, Johnsen V, Shearer J, Hittel D. Myostatin-induced inhibition of the long noncoding RNA Malat1 is associated with decreased myogenesis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2013;304:C995-1001 pubmed publisher..The identification of new targets of myostatin will have important repercussions for regenerative biology through inhibition and/or reversal of muscle atrophy and wasting diseases. ..
- Roberts D, Jenne C, Ball C, Tiruta C, Leger C, Xiao Z, et al. Efficacy and safety of active negative pressure peritoneal therapy for reducing the systemic inflammatory response after damage control laparotomy (the Intra-peritoneal Vacuum Trial): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2013;14:141 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov identifier http://www.clicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01355094. ..
- Mahler M, Bentow C, Serra J, Fritzler M. Detection of autoantibodies using chemiluminescence technologies. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2016;38:14-20 pubmed publisher..CIA has started to improve the diagnostic testing of autoantibodies as an aid in the diagnosis of a broad range of autoimmune diseases. ..
- Johnston K, Scialfa C. Hazard perception in emergency medical service responders. Accid Anal Prev. 2016;95:91-6 pubmed publisher..Directions for future research include the development of a profession-specific hazard perception tool for both assessment and training purposes. ..
- Barrera M, Atenafu E, Schulte F, Bartels U, Sung L, Janzen L, et al. Determinants of social competence in pediatric brain tumor survivors who participated in an intervention study. Support Care Cancer. 2017;25:2891-2898 pubmed publisher..Data from both informants identify determinants of social competence. These factors need to be considered in future interventions to help children better improve their social competence. ..
- Truman E, Raine K, Mrklas K, Prowse R, Carruthers Den Hoed R, Watson Jarvis K, et al. Promoting children's health: Toward a consensus statement on food literacy. Can J Public Health. 2017;108:e211-e213 pubmed publisher..We conclude that multiple literacies in relation to food skills and knowledge are needed, and underline the importance of ongoing dialogue in this emergent area of research. ..
- Tuck S, Dort J, Olson M, Remmers J. Monitoring respiratory function and sleep in the obese Vietnamese pot-bellied pig. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1999;87:444-51 pubmed..Apneas and hypopneas were not a feature of breathing during sleep in these animals. Nonetheless, this animal preparation may be useful for exploring possible drug treatments for obstructive sleep-disordered breathing...
- Baliski C, Temple W, Arthur K, Schachar N. Desmoid tumors: a novel approach for local control. J Surg Oncol. 2002;80:96-9 pubmed..Although this is an unusual problem, we instituted a prospective cohort study with neoadjuvant chemotherapy and radiation, followed by surgical resection, in an effort to improve local control...
- Eystathioy T, Chan E, Mahler M, Luft L, Fritzler M, Fritzler M. A panel of monoclonal antibodies to cytoplasmic GW bodies and the mRNA binding protein GW182. Hybrid Hybridomics. 2003;22:79-86 pubmed..These MAbs are valuable tools for cell biologists and pathologists to study the location and function of the novel GW182 protein in tissue culture cells, as well as cryopreserved or archived tissues. ..
- Field S, Fisher D, Cowie R. Mycobacterium avium complex pulmonary disease in patients without HIV infection. Chest. 2004;126:566-81 pubmed..The prolonged treatment period, side effects, and possibly reinfection rather than relapse are responsible for the high failure rate...
- Leung A, Kao C, Sauve R, Fang J, Leong A, Liu E. Internipple distance and internipple index. J Natl Med Assoc. 2004;96:1092-6 pubmed..Proper reference standards should be used in the assessment whether the nipples are closely or widely spaced. ..
- Chambers C, Visser M, Schwab U, Sokol P. Identification of N-acylhomoserine lactones in mucopurulent respiratory secretions from cystic fibrosis patients. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2005;244:297-304 pubmed..OHL and N-decanoyl-l-homoserine lactone were detected in nanomolar concentrations compared to picomolar amounts of the 3-oxo-derivatives of the AHLs identified...
- Tang L, Rancourt D. Murine implantation serine proteinases 1 and 2: structure, function and evolution. Gene. 2005;364:30-6 pubmed..Inhibition of ISP proteolytic function has implicated this enzyme in the processes of embryo hatching and implantation. ..
- Eggermont J. Correlated neural activity as the driving force for functional changes in auditory cortex. Hear Res. 2007;229:69-80 pubmed..This links cortical reorganization with hypersynchrony that can be considered as an important driving force underlying tinnitus. ..
- Yu Y, Mahaney B, Yano K, Ye R, Fang S, Douglas P, et al. DNA-PK and ATM phosphorylation sites in XLF/Cernunnos are not required for repair of DNA double strand breaks. DNA Repair (Amst). 2008;7:1680-92 pubmed publisher..We conclude that phosphorylation of XLF at these sites does not play a major role in the repair of IR-induced DSBs in vivo. ..
- Stone J, Austford L, Parker J, Gledhill N, Tremblay G, Arthur H. AGREEing on Canadian cardiovascular clinical practice guidelines. Can J Cardiol. 2008;24:753-7 pubmed
- Pitout J, Gregson D, Campbell L, Laupland K. Molecular characteristics of extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli isolates causing bacteremia in the Calgary Health Region from 2000 to 2007: emergence of clone ST131 as a cause of community-acquired infections. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009;53:2846-51 pubmed publisher..coli isolates; and this is the first study to identify CTX-M-14 in E. coli clone ST131. ..
- Ngo J, Haber R. Exacerbation of Darier disease by lithium carbonate. J Cutan Med Surg. 2010;14:80-4 pubmed..A mechanism by which lithium worsens disease has recently been studied in rats. DD's coexistence with affective disorders and the mechanisms by which lithium may cause exacerbation of DD and HHD are reviewed. ..
- Freiheit E, Hogan D, Eliasziw M, Meekes M, Ghali W, Partlo L, et al. Development of a frailty index for patients with coronary artery disease. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2010;58:1526-31 pubmed publisher..This index may have applications for clinicians and researchers but requires further validation. ..
- Rambaransingh B, Stanford G, Burnham R. The effect of repeated zygapophysial joint radiofrequency neurotomy on pain, disability, and improvement duration. Pain Med. 2010;11:1343-7 pubmed publisher..To assess the effectiveness of repeated radiofrequency neurotomy (RFN) on pain, disability, and treatment effect duration...
- Shafey M, Duan Q, Russell J, Duggan P, Balogh A, Stewart D. Double high-dose therapy with dose-intensive cyclophosphamide, etoposide, cisplatin (DICEP) followed by high-dose melphalan and autologous stem cell transplantation for relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2012;53:596-602 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DICEP-HDM/ASCT is well tolerated double high-dose therapy associated with excellent stem cell mobilization and favorable PFS and OS outcomes for relapsed as well as primary refractory HL. ..
- Csizmadi I, Lo Siou G, Friedenreich C, Owen N, Robson P. Hours spent and energy expended in physical activity domains: results from the Tomorrow Project cohort in Alberta, Canada. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2011;8:110 pubmed publisher..Environmental and policy changes to promote active transport and workplace initiatives could increase overall daily energy expenditure through reducing prolonged sitting time. ..
- Hao D, Lau H, Eliasziw M, Box A, Diaz R, Klimowicz A, et al. Comparing ERCC1 protein expression, mRNA levels, and genotype in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck treated with concurrent chemoradiation stratified by HPV status. Head Neck. 2012;34:785-91 pubmed publisher..044), respectively. An exploratory analysis suggested a differential prognostic effect in HPV-negative SCCHN. ERCC1 protein expression using the FL297 antibody warrants further study as a potential prognostic marker in SCCHN. ..
- Hirota C, Moreau F, Iablokov V, Dicay M, Renaux B, Hollenberg M, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation is required for proteinase-activated receptor-2-induced COX-2 expression in intestinal epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012;303:G111-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a mechanism whereby PAR(2) can participate in the progression from chronic inflammation to cancer in the intestine. ..
- Bayrampour H, Heaman M, Duncan K, Tough S. Comparison of perception of pregnancy risk of nulliparous women of advanced maternal age and younger age. J Midwifery Womens Health. 2012;57:445-53 pubmed publisher..This evidence suggests that incorporating discussions of pregnancy risk into prenatal care visits may assist pregnant women of AMA to make more informed choices, reduce anxiety, and avoid unnecessary interventions. ..
- Tu K, Anderson L, Butt D, Quan H, Hemmelgarn B, Campbell N, et al. Antihypertensive drug prescribing and persistence among new elderly users: implications for persistence improvement interventions. Can J Cardiol. 2014;30:647-52 pubmed publisher..Although 2-year therapy and class persistence were low for new users of antihypertensive drugs, improvements have occurred over the past decade. Our data highlight subgroups to target for future persistence improvement interventions. ..
- Huang K, BÃ©gin L, Palanisamy N, Donnelly B, Bismar T. SPINK1 expression in relation to PTEN and ERG in matched primary and lymph node metastatic prostate cancer: Implications for biomarker development. Urol Oncol. 2016;34:235.e1-10 pubmed publisher..In primary PCAs, the SPINK1+/ERG+phenotype is associated with higher Gleason grade, suggesting that this phenotype may mark a more aggressive PCA subpopulation with higher risk of LN metastases. ..
- Wade S, Zhang N, Yeates K, Stancin T, Taylor H. Social Environmental Moderators of Long-term Functional Outcomes of Early Childhood Brain Injury. JAMA Pediatr. 2016;170:343-9 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that improving parenting skills and the quality of the home environment may promote functional recovery following early TBI. ..
- Skowronski D, Chambers C, Sabaiduc S, Dickinson J, Winter A, De Serres G, et al. Interim estimates of 2016/17 vaccine effectiveness against influenza A(H3N2), Canada, January 2017. Euro Surveill. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..Adjusted VE was 42% (95% confidence interval:?18-59%) overall, with variation by province. Interim virological and VE findings reported here warrant further investigation to inform potential vaccine reformulation. ..
- Li X, Lytton J. A circularized sodium-calcium exchanger exon 2 transcript. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:8153-60 pubmed
- Chan D, Son S, Block W, Ye R, Khanna K, Wold M, et al. Purification and characterization of ATM from human placenta. A manganese-dependent, wortmannin-sensitive serine/threonine protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:7803-10 pubmed..The related protein, DNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit, also phosphorylated PHAS-I, RPA, and Chk2 in the presence of manganese, suggesting that the requirement for manganese is a characteristic of this class of enzyme. ..
- Compton S, Renaux B, Wijesuriya S, Hollenberg M. Glycosylation and the activation of proteinase-activated receptor 2 (PAR(2)) by human mast cell tryptase. Br J Pharmacol. 2001;134:705-18 pubmed..6. Our results indicate that glycosylation of PAR(2) and heparin-inhibition of PAR(2) activation by tryptase could provide novel mechanisms for regulating receptor activation by tryptase and possibly other proteases. ..
- Takahashi J, Giuliani F, Power C, Imai Y, Yong V. Interleukin-1beta promotes oligodendrocyte death through glutamate excitotoxicity. Ann Neurol. 2003;53:588-95 pubmed
- Russell M, Svenson L, Yiannakoulias N, Schopflocher D, Virani S, Grimsrud K. The changing epidemiology of chickenpox in Alberta. Vaccine. 2005;23:5398-403 pubmed..Chickenpox rates began to decline prior to the introduction of the publicly funded vaccination program; however the declines in rates among the youngest age-groups are consistent with a vaccination program effect. ..
- Doering C, Hamid J, Simms B, McRory J, Zamponi G. Cav1.4 encodes a calcium channel with low open probability and unitary conductance. Biophys J. 2005;89:3042-8 pubmed..4 channels support only minute amounts of calcium entry, suggesting that large numbers of these channels are needed to allow for significant whole-cell current activity, and providing a mechanism to reduce noise in the visual system. ..
- Mitchell I, Tough S, Gillis L, Majaesic C. Beyond randomized controlled trials: a "real life" experience of respiratory syncytial virus infection prevention in infancy with and without palivizumab. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2006;41:1167-74 pubmed..Further research is required to determine if specific sub-sets of moderate-risk infants would also benefit from an RSV prophylaxis program with palivizumab. ..
- Jones S, Yerly J, Hu Y, Ceri H, Martinuzzi R. Structure of Proteus mirabilis biofilms grown in artificial urine and standard laboratory media. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2007;268:16-21 pubmed..This could be due to nutrient depravation within the biofilm or a means of further colonizing the surface. This study has demonstrated that two markedly different biofilm structures are formed, depending on the growth media utilized. ..
- Lane C. Nausea and vomiting of pregnancy: a tailored approach to treatment. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2007;50:100-11 pubmed..Safe therapies are available and should be offered readily to all women suffering from this condition. ..
- van Marle G, Antony J, Ostermann H, Dunham C, Hunt T, Halliday W, et al. West Nile virus-induced neuroinflammation: glial infection and capsid protein-mediated neurovirulence. J Virol. 2007;81:10933-49 pubmed publisher..These studies underscore the important interactions between the WNV capsid protein and neuroinflammation in the pathogenesis of WNV-induced neurological disorders...
- Kramer A, Gurka M, Nathan B, Dumont A, Kassell N, Bleck T. Statin use was not associated with less vasospasm or improved outcome after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurosurgery. 2008;62:422-7; discussion 427-30 pubmed publisher..If there is a benefit to statin use, it may be smaller than suggested by previous studies. However, further randomized controlled trials are awaited. ..
- Sar A, Perizzolo M, Stewart D, Mansoor A, DiFrancesco L, Demetrick D. Mutation or polymorphism of the CD20 gene is not associated with the response to R-CHOP in diffuse large B cell lymphoma patients. Leuk Res. 2009;33:792-7 pubmed publisher..Our results do not support association of CD20 mutations in specimens of the initial tumor or structural polymorphisms of the CD20 gene with patients who exhibited poor outcomes to R-CHOP. ..
- Matshes E, Lew E. Do resuscitation-related injuries kill infants and children?. Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2010;31:178-85 pubmed publisher..In our population, CPR did not result in any rib fractures or significant visceral injuries. Participation of nonmedical or untrained individuals in resuscitation did not increase the likelihood of injury. ..
- Myhre D, Konkin J, Woloschuk W, Szafran O, Hansen C, Crutcher R. Locum practice by recent family medicine graduates. Can Fam Physician. 2010;56:e183-90 pubmed..Long-term recruitment efforts by community physicians should be initiated within the first week of locum engagement. ..
- Bathe O, Shaykhutdinov R, Kopciuk K, Weljie A, McKay A, Sutherland F, et al. Feasibility of identifying pancreatic cancer based on serum metabolomics. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2011;20:140-7 pubmed publisher..Further studies will be required to study the effects of jaundice and diabetes. A more comprehensive metabolomic profile will be evaluated using mass spectrometry. ..
- Schneider G, Jull G, Thomas K, Salo P. Screening of patients suitable for diagnostic cervical facet joint blocks--a role for physiotherapists. Man Ther. 2012;17:180-3 pubmed publisher..It is proposed that the development and validation of a CPG may aid in the appropriate selection of patients for this diagnostic procedure. ..
- Myers R, Shaheen A, Faris P, Aspinall A, Burak K. Revision of MELD to include serum albumin improves prediction of mortality on the liver transplant waiting list. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e51926 pubmed publisher..If validated and shown to be associated with reduced mortality, adoption of 5vMELD as the basis for liver allograft allocation may improve outcomes on the liver transplant waiting list. ..
- Weiss N, Black S, Bladen C, Chen L, Zamponi G. Surface expression and function of Cav3.2 T-type calcium channels are controlled by asparagine-linked glycosylation. Pflugers Arch. 2013;465:1159-70 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that N-linked glycosylation of T-type channels may play an important role in aberrant upregulation of T-type channel activity in response to glucose elevations. ..
- Fiest K, Walker J, Bernstein C, Graff L, Zarychanski R, Abou Setta A, et al. Systematic review and meta-analysis of interventions for depression and anxiety in persons with multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler Relat Disord. 2016;5:12-26 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological and psychological treatments for depression were effective in reducing depressive symptoms in MS. The data are insufficient to determine the effectiveness of treatments for anxiety. ..
- Eurich D, Majumdar S, Wozniak L, Soprovich A, Meneen K, Johnson J, et al. Addressing the gaps in diabetes care in first nations communities with the reorganizing the approach to diabetes through the application of registries (RADAR): the project protocol. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:117 pubmed publisher..ISRCTN study ID ISRCTN14359671 , retrospectively registered October 7, 2016. ..
- Regmi S, Samsom M, Heynen M, Jay G, Sullivan B, Srinivasan S, et al. Degradation of proteoglycan 4/lubricin by cathepsin S: Potential mechanism for diminished ocular surface lubrication in Sjögren's syndrome. Exp Eye Res. 2017;161:1-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively these results suggest that tear supplementation of PRG4 may be beneficial for SS patients. ..
- Cavalli F, Remke M, Rampášek L, Peacock J, Shih D, Luu B, et al. Intertumoral Heterogeneity within Medulloblastoma Subgroups. Cancer Cell. 2017;31:737-754.e6 pubmed publisher..Medulloblastoma subtypes identified through integrative clustering have important implications for stratification of future clinical trials. ..
- Nemish U, Yu R, Tari L, Krewulak K, Schryvers A. The bacterial receptor protein, transferrin-binding protein B, does not independently facilitate the release of metal ion from human transferrin. Biochem Cell Biol. 2003;81:275-83 pubmed..Thus, transferrin binding protein B does not facilitate metal ion removal and additional components are required for this process. ..
- Addington D, Pantelis C, Dineen M, Benattia I, Romano S. Efficacy and tolerability of ziprasidone versus risperidone in patients with acute exacerbation of schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder: an 8-week, double-blind, multicenter trial. J Clin Psychiatry. 2004;65:1624-33 pubmed..Thus, we compared ziprasidone and risperidone in patients with acute exacerbation of schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder...