Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo, Brazil
Locale: Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo, Brazil
Publications171 found, 100 shown here
- Alves F, Crestani C, Resstel L, Correa F. Bed nucleus of the stria terminalis N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors and nitric oxide modulate the baroreflex cardiac component in unanesthetized rats. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:1703-11 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data point out that local NMDA and nNOS interaction mediates the tonic inhibitory influence of the BST on the baroreflex bradycardiac response, modulating the parasympathetic cardiac activity. ..
- de Andrade C, Leite P, Montezano A, Casolari D, Yogi A, Tostes R, et al. Increased endothelin-1 reactivity and endothelial dysfunction in carotid arteries from rats with hyperhomocysteinemia. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;157:568-80 pubmed publisher..ET-1 activation of ET(A) receptors in HHcy changed the balance between endothelium-derived relaxing and contracting factors, favouring enhanced contractility. ..
- Soriano R, Ravanelli M, Batalhao M, Carnio E, Branco L. Propyretic role of the locus coeruleus nitric oxide pathway. Exp Physiol. 2010;95:669-77 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we observed a significant increase in NOx and cGMP levels, indicating that the febrile response to endotoxin is accompanied by stimulation of the NO-cGMP pathway in the LC. ..
- Frasson D, Boschini R, Chaves V, Dos Santos M, Paula Gomes S, Valentim R, et al. The sympathetic nervous system regulates the three glycerol-3P generation pathways in white adipose tissue of fasted, diabetic and high-protein diet-fed rats. Metabolism. 2012;61:1473-85 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the SNS plays an important role in modulating G3P generating pathways in WAT, in situations where insulin levels are low. ..
- Rossetti F, Rodrigues M, Marroni S, Fernandes A, Foresti M, Romcy Pereira R, et al. Behavioral and EEG effects of GABAergic manipulation of the nigro-tectal pathway in the Wistar audiogenic rat (WAR) strain II: an EEG wavelet analysis and retrograde neuronal tracer approach. Epilepsy Behav. 2012;24:391-8 pubmed publisher..We concluded that these two different subcortical loops within the basal ganglia are probably a consequence of the WAR genetic background. ..
- Haanwinckel M, Antunes Rodrigues J, De Castro e Silva E. Role of central beta-adrenoceptors on stress-induced prolactin release in rats. Horm Metab Res. 1991;23:318-20 pubmed..The data presented here suggest that central beta-2 adrenoceptors activation is an important step in the control of stress-induced PRL secretion...
- Panunto Castelo A, Souza M, Roque Barreira M, Silva J. KM(+), a lectin from Artocarpus integrifolia, induces IL-12 p40 production by macrophages and switches from type 2 to type 1 cell-mediated immunity against Leishmania major antigens, resulting in BALB/c mice resistance to infection. Glycobiology. 2001;11:1035-42 pubmed..These observations indicate that KM(+) induces IL-12 p40 in vivo and has a protective effect against L. major infection. ..
- Steiner A, Branco L. Role of the preoptic carbon monoxide pathway in endotoxin fever in rats. Brain Res. 2002;927:27-34 pubmed..In summary, the present results support the idea that the POA is not the brain site where the HO-CO pathway acts as a fever mediator. ..
- Castilho V, Macedo C, Brandao M. Role of benzodiazepine and serotonergic mechanisms in conditioned freezing and antinociception using electrical stimulation of the dorsal periaqueductal gray as unconditioned stimulus in rats. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2002;165:77-85 pubmed..Further studies with other opioid and 5-HT(2) receptor antagonists are still needed to confirm the conclusions drawn from the present work. ..
- Moreira F, Guimarães F. Benzodiazepine receptor and serotonin 2A receptor modulate the aversive-like effects of nitric oxide in the dorsolateral periaqueductal gray of rats. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2004;176:362-8 pubmed..Pre-treatment with midazolam maleate, however, completely prevented the effects of the NO donor. The results suggest that the aversive-like effects of NO donor in the dlPAG may be modulated by the BZ and 5-HT(2A/2C) receptors. ..
- Tirapelli C, de Andrade C, Cassano A, De Souza F, Ambrosio S, da Costa F, et al. Antispasmodic and relaxant effects of the hidroalcoholic extract of Pimpinella anisum (Apiaceae) on rat anococcygeus smooth muscle. J Ethnopharmacol. 2007;110:23-9 pubmed..The relaxant action displayed by Pimpinella anisum justifies its use in the folk medicine as an antispasmodic agent. ..
- Francescato H, Costa R, Scavone C, Coimbra T. Parthenolide reduces cisplatin-induced renal damage. Toxicology. 2007;230:64-75 pubmed..All of these alterations were reduced by treatment with parthenolide. This effect seems to be related, at least in part, to the restriction of renal inflammatory process observed in parthenolide+cisplatin treated rats. ..
- Salum C, Raisman Vozari R, Michel P, Gomes M, Mitkovski M, Ferrario J, et al. Modulation of dopamine uptake by nitric oxide in cultured mesencephalic neurons. Brain Res. 2008;1198:27-33 pubmed publisher..This is the first work demonstrating in mesencephalic cultured neurons a combined effect of an NO donor and an indirect DA agonist on specific DA uptake. ..
- Lisboa S, Resstel L, Aguiar D, Guimarães F. Activation of cannabinoid CB1 receptors in the dorsolateral periaqueductal gray induces anxiolytic effects in rats submitted to the Vogel conflict test. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;593:73-8 pubmed publisher..The results give further support to the proposal that facilitation of CB(1) receptor-mediated endocannabinoid neurotransmission in the dorsolateral periaqueductal gray modulates defensive responses. ..
- Fazan V, Rodrigues Filho O, Jordão C, Moore K. Phrenic nerve diabetic neuropathy in rats: unmyelinated fibers morphometry. J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2009;14:137-45 pubmed publisher..The present study adds useful information for further investigations on the ultrastructural basis of nerve function in diabetes. ..
- Macedo C, Angst M, Guiberteau T, Brasse D, O Brien T, Sandner G. Acoustic hypersensitivity in adult rats after neonatal ventral hippocampus lesions. Behav Brain Res. 2010;207:161-8 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study provide complementary information with potential relevance for the hyper-reactivity noted in patients with schizophrenia, and therefore a tool to investigate the underlying biology of this endophenotype. ..
- Grotto D, Vicentini J, Angeli J, Latorraca E, Monteiro P, Barcelos G, et al. Evaluation of protective effects of fish oil against oxidative damage in rats exposed to methylmercury. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2011;74:487-93 pubmed publisher..This protection seems not to be related to antioxidant defenses or mercury re-distribution in rat tissues. It is probably due to the anti-inflammatory effects of fish oil. ..
- Pereira A, Ford P, da Silva R, Bendhack L. Ruthenium-nitrite complex as pro-drug releases NO in a tissue and enzyme-dependent way. Nitric Oxide. 2011;24:192-8 pubmed publisher..This ruthenium complex releases significant amounts of NO only in the presence of the aortic tissue. Reduction of nitrite to NO is most probably dependent on the soluble guanylyl-cyclase enzyme, since NO release is inhibited by ODQ. ..
- Dias F, Issa J, Vicentini F, Fonseca M, Leão J, Siéssere S, et al. Effects of low-level laser therapy on the oxidative metabolism and matrix proteins in the rat masseter muscle. Photomed Laser Surg. 2011;29:677-84 pubmed publisher..This study aims to analyze the effects of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) on the oxidative activity and the expression/activity of metalloproteinases of the masseter muscle...
- Niehues M, Barros V, Emery F, Dias Baruffi M, Assis M, Lopes N. Biomimetic in vitro oxidation of lapachol: a model to predict and analyse the in vivo phase I metabolism of bioactive compounds. Eur J Med Chem. 2012;54:804-12 pubmed publisher..Hence, the biomimetic model with a manganese salen complex has evidenced its use as a valuable tool to predict and elucidate the in vivo phase I metabolism of lapachol and possibly also of other bioactive natural compounds. ..
- Bueno Júnior L, Lopes Aguiar C, Ruggiero R, Romcy Pereira R, Leite J. Muscarinic and nicotinic modulation of thalamo-prefrontal cortex synaptic plasticity [corrected] in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47484 pubmed publisher..The LTP-inducing action and long-lasting suppression of cortical LTD induced by PILO and NIC might implicate differential modulation of thalamo-prefrontal functions under low and high input drive. ..
- Freitas A, Simoneti C, Ferraz E, Bagatin E, Brandao I, Silva C, et al. Exposure to high endotoxin concentration increases wheezing prevalence among laboratory animal workers: a cross-sectional study. BMC Pulm Med. 2016;16:69 pubmed publisher..Exposure to endotoxin is associated with a higher prevalence of wheezing, but not with asthma as defined by the mannitol bronchial challenge test or by self-reported asthma. Preventive measures are necessary for these workers. ..
- Aquino N, Araujo Lopes R, Henriques P, Lopes F, Gusmao D, Coimbra C, et al. α-Estrogen and Progesterone Receptors Modulate Kisspeptin Effects on Prolactin: Role in Estradiol-Induced Prolactin Surge in Female Rats. Endocrinology. 2017;158:1812-1826 pubmed publisher..Moreover, alongside its essential role in the LH surge, Kp seems to play a role in the peak phase of the estradiol-induced PRL surge. ..
- Prado W, Schiavon V, Cunha F. Dual effect of local application of nitric oxide donors in a model of incision pain in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2002;441:57-65 pubmed..Drugs generating high NO concentrations, however, intensify pain via a guanylate cyclase-independent mechanism...
- Demenis M, Furriel R, Leone F. Characterization of an ectonucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase 1 activity in alkaline phosphatase-depleted rat osseous plate membranes: possible functional involvement in the calcification process. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1646:216-25 pubmed
- Elias P, Elias L, Castro M, Antunes Rodrigues J, Moreira A. Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis up-regulation in rats submitted to pituitary stalk compression. J Endocrinol. 2004;180:297-302 pubmed..In conclusion, the high ACTH and corticosterone levels found in PSC rats under water intake and salt loading conditions suggest an up-regulation of the HPA axis, with a preserved adaptive mechanism to chronic stress. ..
- Dorta D, Pigoso A, Mingatto F, Rodrigues T, Prado I, Helena A, et al. The interaction of flavonoids with mitochondria: effects on energetic processes. Chem Biol Interact. 2005;152:67-78 pubmed
- Restini C, Bendhack L. Involvement of non-selective Ca2+ channels in the contraction induced by alkalinization of rat anococcygeus muscle cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;553:288-96 pubmed..7% (n=4) by 10 micromol/l SKF96365. Taken together, our results suggest that NH(4)Cl induces contraction of rat anococcygeus smooth muscle cells, as well as [Ca(2+)](c) increase due to Ca(2+) influx through non-selective Ca(2+) channels. ..
- Sivieri D, Bispo da Silva L, Oliveira E, Resende A, Salgado M. Potentiation of bradykinin effect by angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition does not correlate with angiotensin-converting enzyme activity in the rat mesenteric arteries. Hypertension. 2007;50:110-5 pubmed..These data demonstrated that ACE inhibitor-induced potentiation of BK vasodilator effects is not related to their actions on BK degradation. ..
- Dutra R, dos Santos J, de Araújo W, Simões M, de Paixão Becker A, Neder L. Evaluation of hepatobiliary excretion and enterobiliary reflux in rats with biliary obstruction submitted to bilioduodenal or biliojejunal anastomosis. Dig Dis Sci. 2008;53:1138-45 pubmed..These data undermine the theoretical advantages attributed to biliojejunal anastomosis and further the understanding of the pathophysiology of cholangitis that occurs even with patent anastomosis...
- de Oliva M, Maximiano W, de Castro L, da Silva P, Fernandes R, Ciancaglini P, et al. Treatment with a growth factor-protein mixture inhibits formation of mineralized nodules in osteogenic cell cultures grown on titanium. J Histochem Cytochem. 2009;57:265-76 pubmed publisher..These results showed that a PRP-like protein mixture inhibits development of the osteogenic phenotype in both human and rat osteoblastic cell cultures grown on Ti. ..
- Crestani C, Busnardo C, Tavares R, Alves F, Correa F. Involvement of hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus non-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in the pressor response to noradrenaline microinjected into the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis of unanesthetized rats. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;29:2166-76 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that a glutamatergic neurotransmission through non-NMDA glutamate receptors in the PVN mediates the response. ..
- Silva J, Silva M, Prado W. Analgesia induced by 2- or 100-Hz electroacupuncture in the rat tail-flick test depends on the activation of different descending pain inhibitory mechanisms. J Pain. 2011;12:51-60 pubmed publisher..The adequate pharmacological manipulation of such mechanisms may improve EA effectiveness for pain management. ..
- Rizzi E, Castro M, Prado C, Silva C, Fazan R, Rossi M, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase inhibition improves cardiac dysfunction and remodeling in 2-kidney, 1-clip hypertension. J Card Fail. 2010;16:599-608 pubmed publisher..Because function and structure were restored by doxycycline, the inhibition of MMPs or their modulation may provide beneficial effects for therapeutic intervention in cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Leite C, Ribeiro A, Szawka R, Anselmo Franci J. Activity of hypothalamic dopaminergic neurones during the day of oestrus: involvement in prolactin secretion. J Neuroendocrinol. 2010;22:1052-60 pubmed publisher..The transitory decrease in the activity of neuroendocrine dopaminergic neurones temporally associated with the prolactin surge on the afternoon of oestrus suggests a role for dopamine in the generation of the oestrous prolactin surge. ..
- de Oliveira R, de Paula D, Rocha B, Franco J, Gobbo Neto L, Uyemura S, et al. Renal toxicity caused by oral use of medicinal plants: the yacon example. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;133:434-41 pubmed publisher..Based on our results, we do not recommend the oral use of yacon leaves to treat diabetes. ..
- Kwiatkoski M, Guimarães F, Del Bel E. Cannabidiol-treated rats exhibited higher motor score after cryogenic spinal cord injury. Neurotox Res. 2012;21:271-80 pubmed publisher..Cannabidiol improved locomotor functional recovery and reduced injury extent, suggesting that it could be useful in the treatment of spinal cord lesions. ..
- Brazão V, Del Vecchio Filipin M, Santello F, Caetano L, Abrahão A, Toldo M, et al. Melatonin and zinc treatment: distinctive modulation of cytokine production in chronic experimental Trypanosoma cruzi infection. Cytokine. 2011;56:627-32 pubmed publisher..cruzi infection. Furthermore, our results provide an experimental basis for further studies on the role of immunomodulatory therapies. ..
- Aguilar F, Roberti Garcia L, Panzeri Pires de Souza F. Biocompatibility of new calcium aluminate cement (EndoBinder). J Endod. 2012;38:367-71 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the biocompatibility of calcium aluminate cement (EndoBinder) in subcutaneous tissue of rats...
- Guethe L, Pelegrini da Silva A, Borelli K, Juliano M, Pelosi G, Pesquero J, et al. Angiotensin (5-8) modulates nociception at the rat periaqueductal gray via the NO-sGC pathway and an endogenous opioid. Neuroscience. 2013;231:315-27 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Ang (5-8) is a new member of the Ang family that selectively and strongly modulates antinociception via NO-sGC and endogenous opioid in the vlPAG. ..
- Machado E, Ueta M, Lourenço E, Anibal F, Sorgi C, Soares E, et al. Leukotrienes play a role in the control of parasite burden in murine strongyloidiasis. J Immunol. 2005;175:3892-9 pubmed
- Prado C, Rossi M. Circumferential wall tension due to hypertension plays a pivotal role in aorta remodelling. Int J Exp Pathol. 2006;87:425-36 pubmed..Further studies are needed to clarify the intrinsic pathogenetic mechanism of focal distribution of the neointimal plaques in the hypertensive segment. ..
- Pitol D, Caetano F, Lunardi L. Microwave-induced fast decalcification of rat bone for electron microscopic analysis: an ultrastructural and cytochemical study. Braz Dent J. 2007;18:153-7 pubmed..The results showed an increase in the decalcification rate in the specimens activated by microwaving and a reduction of total experiment time from 45 days in the conventional method to 48 hours in the microwave-aided method. ..
- Santos N, Medina W, Martins N, Mingatto F, Curti C, Santos A. Aromatic antiepileptic drugs and mitochondrial toxicity: effects on mitochondria isolated from rat liver. Toxicol In Vitro. 2008;22:1143-52 pubmed publisher..The potential to induce mitochondrial dysfunction was PT-B>PB-B>CB-B>PB. Results suggest the involvement of mitochondrial toxicity in the pathogenesis of AAED-induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- da Silva R, Leonardo M, da Silva L, de Castro L, Rosa A, de Oliveira P. Effects of the association between a calcium hydroxide paste and 0.4% chlorhexidine on the development of the osteogenic phenotype in vitro. J Endod. 2008;34:1485-9 pubmed publisher..The strategy to combine Ca(OH)(2) and CHX to promote a desirable synergistic antibacterial effect during endodontic treatment in vivo might not significantly affect osteoblastic cell biology. ..
- Margatho L, Elias L, Antunes Rodrigues J. GABA in the central amygdaloid nucleus modulates the electrolyte excretion and hormonal responses to blood volume expansion in rats. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2009;42:114-21 pubmed..These data suggest that CeA GABAergic mechanisms are involved in the control of ANP and OT secretion, as well as in sodium and water excretion in response to isotonic or hypertonic blood volume expansion. ..
- Castro M, Rizzi E, Rodrigues G, Ceron C, Bendhack L, Gerlach R, et al. Antioxidant treatment reduces matrix metalloproteinase-2-induced vascular changes in renovascular hypertension. Free Radic Biol Med. 2009;46:1298-307 pubmed publisher..05), MMP-2 levels, and MMP-2 activity in hypertensive rats (all p<0.05). Our results suggest that antioxidant approaches decrease MMP-2 upregulation and attenuate the vascular dysfunction and remodeling during 2K-1C hypertension...
- Fraga D, Zanoni C, Rae G, Parada C, Souza G. Endogenous cannabinoids induce fever through the activation of CB1 receptors. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;157:1494-501 pubmed publisher..The endogenous cannabinoid AEA induces an integrated febrile response through activation of CB(1) receptors. Endocannabinoids participate in the development of the febrile response to LPS constituting a target for antipyretic therapy. ..
- Tirapelli D, Carlotti C, Leite J, Tirapelli L, Colli B. Expression of HSP70 in cerebral ischemia and neuroprotetive action of hypothermia and ketoprofen. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2010;68:592-6 pubmed..05). The Hsp70 increases in the ischemic area suggests that the Hsp70-mediated neuroexcitotoxicity plays an important role in cell death and that the neuroprotective effect of both, H and K are directly involved with the Hsp70. ..
- de Oliveira A, Reimer A, de Macedo C, de Carvalho M, Silva M, Brandão M. Conditioned fear is modulated by D2 receptor pathway connecting the ventral tegmental area and basolateral amygdala. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2011;95:37-45 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the dopamine D(2) receptor pathway connecting the ventral tegmental area and the basolateral amygdala modulates fear and anxiety and may be a novel pharmacological target for the treatment of anxiety. ..
- Francescato H, Marin E, Cunha F, Costa R, Silva C, Coimbra T. Role of endogenous hydrogen sulfide on renal damage induced by adriamycin injection. Arch Toxicol. 2011;85:1597-606 pubmed publisher..All these alterations were reduced by PAG injection. The protective effect of PAG on ADR nephrotoxicity was associated to decreased H?S formation and to restriction of oxidative stress and inflammation in the renal cortex...
- Dos Santos G, Abreu e Lima R, Pestana C, Lima A, Scheucher P, Thomé C, et al. (+)?-Tocopheryl succinate inhibits the mitochondrial respiratory chain complex I and is as effective as arsenic trioxide or ATRA against acute promyelocytic leukemia in vivo. Leukemia. 2012;26:451-60 pubmed publisher..Therefore, an in vivo antileukemic action and a novel mitochondrial target were revealed for ?-TOS, as well as mitochondrial respiratory complex I was highlighted as potential target for anticancer therapy. ..
- Montenegro M, Ceron C, Salgado M, Desta Z, Flockhart D, Tanus Santos J. Tamoxifen and its metabolites cause acute vasorelaxation of aortic rings by inducing vasodilator prostanoid synthesis. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2011;58:647-53 pubmed publisher..These results show that Tam and its metabolites cause acute vasorelaxation by inducing vasodilator prostanoids synthesis. ..
- Ferreira N, Mitkovski M, Stuhmer W, Pardo L, Del Bel E. Ether-à-go-go 1 (Eag1) potassium channel expression in dopaminergic neurons of basal ganglia is modulated by 6-hydroxydopamine lesion. Neurotox Res. 2012;21:317-33 pubmed publisher..The Eag1-K(+) channel expression in dopaminergic cells suggests that these channels are part of the diversified group of ion channels that generate and maintain the electrophysiological activity pattern of dopaminergic midbrain neurons. ..
- Uchoa E, Silva L, de Castro M, Antunes Rodrigues J, Elias L. Glucocorticoids are required for meal-induced changes in the expression of hypothalamic neuropeptides. Neuropeptides. 2012;46:119-24 pubmed publisher..The lower leptin and insulin responses to feeding may contribute to the altered hypothalamic neuropeptide expression after adrenalectomy. ..
- Tejada J, Arisi G, Garcia Cairasco N, Roque A. Morphological alterations in newly born dentate gyrus granule cells that emerge after status epilepticus contribute to make them less excitable. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40726 pubmed publisher..This suggests that morphological alterations may act as a protective mechanism to allow dentate gyrus granule cells to cope with the increase of stimulation caused by mossy fiber sprouting. ..
- Mendonça L, da Silva Machado C, Teixeira C, de Freitas L, Bianchi M, Antunes L. Curcumin reduces cisplatin-induced neurotoxicity in NGF-differentiated PC12 cells. Neurotoxicology. 2013;34:205-11 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that curcumin may reduce cisplatin-induced neurotoxicity, and clinical studies should potentially be considered. ..
- Oliveira Pelegrin G, Saia R, Carnio E, Rocha M. Oxytocin affects nitric oxide and cytokine production by sepsis-sensitized macrophages. Neuroimmunomodulation. 2013;20:65-71 pubmed publisher..OXT secretion during sepsis may represent a neuroendocrine response contributing to the overall host response to infection by decreasing the proinflammatory response and oxidative stress. ..
- Pernomian L, Gomes M, Correa F, Restini C, Ramalho L, de Oliveira A. Diabetes confers a vasoprotective role to the neurocompensatory response elicited by carotid balloon injury: consequences on contralateral carotid tone and blood flow. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;708:124-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, our major conclusions are that Diabetes confers a vasoprotective significance to the neurocompensation to carotid balloon injury in preventing further damage at carotid cerebral irrigation after angioplasty in diabetic subjects. ..
- Lima A, Silva K, Padovan C, Almeida S, Fukuda M. Memory, learning, and participation of the cholinergic system in young rats exposed to environmental enrichment. Behav Brain Res. 2014;259:247-52 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study indicate that animals exposed to environmental enrichment react less to the amnesic effects of scopolamine and show an increase in exploratory activity. ..
- Oliveira Pelegrin G, Basso P, Rocha M. Cellular bioenergetics changes in magnocellular neurons may affect copeptin expression in the late phase of sepsis. J Neuroimmunol. 2014;267:28-34 pubmed publisher..This suggests that increased IL-1? and NO levels may cause significant bioenergetics changes in magnocellular neurons, affecting copeptin expression and compromising AVP synthesis and secretion in the late phase of sepsis. ..
- Marchi K, Ceron C, Muniz J, De Martinis B, Tanus Santos J, Tirapelli C. NADPH Oxidase Plays a Role on Ethanol-Induced Hypertension and Reactive Oxygen Species Generation in the Vasculature. Alcohol Alcohol. 2016;51:522-34 pubmed publisher..Moreover, increased vascular Nox1 expression is related to the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) by ethanol. Finally, ROS induced by ethanol increase the expression of the regulatory vascular proteins. ..
- Gargaglioni L, Coimbra N, Branco L. The nucleus raphe magnus modulates hypoxia-induced hyperventilation but not anapyrexia in rats. Neurosci Lett. 2003;347:121-5 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that NRM exerts an inhibitory modulation of breathing during hypoxia, acting on V(T), but plays no role in the hypoxia-induced anapyrexia. ..
- Scopinho A, Resstel L, Correa F. alpha(1)-Adrenoceptors in the lateral septal area modulate food intake behaviour in rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;155:752-6 pubmed publisher..In addition, blockade of the LS alpha(1)-adrenoceptors inhibited food intake in food-deprived animals, suggesting that the LS noradrenergic system modulated food intake behaviour and satiation. ..
- Oliveira Pelegrin G, Ravanelli M, Branco L, Rocha M. Thermoregulation and vasopressin secretion during polymicrobial sepsis. Neuroimmunomodulation. 2009;16:45-53 pubmed publisher..Moreover, an apparently impaired replenishment of AVP content in the neurohypophysis, possibly due to increased NO formation, may explain the impaired AVP secretion in the late phase of severe sepsis. ..
- Reis D, Scopinho A, Guimarães F, Correa F, Resstel L. Behavioral and autonomic responses to acute restraint stress are segregated within the lateral septal area of rats. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23171 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that LSA neurotransmission is involved in the cardiovascular but not the temperature and behavioral changes induced by restraint stress. ..
- Tilelli C, Del Vecchio F, Fernandes A, Garcia Cairasco N. Different types of status epilepticus lead to different levels of brain damage in rats. Epilepsy Behav. 2005;7:401-10 pubmed..We suggest quality of seizures during SE may be considered in further SE studies, as our results indicate its influence on the severity of brain damage following this paradigm. ..
- Volpini R, Balbi A, Costa R, Coimbra T. Increased expression of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase is related to the acute renal lesions induced by gentamicin. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2006;39:817-23 pubmed..The increased expression of p-p38 MAPK and NF-kappaB observed in these rats suggests that these signaling molecules may be involved in the pathogenesis of tubulointerstitial nephritis induced by gentamicin...
- Leite C, Szawka R, Anselmo Franci J. Alpha-oestrogen and progestin receptor expression in the hypothalamus and preoptic area dopaminergic neurones during oestrous in cycling rats. J Neuroendocrinol. 2008;20:110-9 pubmed
- Guenka L, Gomes R, Melo V, Kitanishi C, Pereira P, Franca S, et al. Anti-inflammatory and anti-nociceptive effects of Zeyheria montana (Bignoniaceae) ethanol extract. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2008;103:768-72 pubmed..These results demonstrated that the ethanol extract from Z. montana leaf possesses anti-nociceptive and anti-inflammatory activities, which could be of relevance for the pharmacological control of pain and inflammatory processes...
- Aguila F, Oliveira Pelegrin G, Yao S, Murphy D, Rocha M. Anteroventral third ventricle (AV3V) lesion affects hypothalamic neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) expression following water deprivation. Brain Res Bull. 2011;86:239-45 pubmed publisher..05). We conclude that the AV3V region plays a role in regulating the expression of nNOS in the SON of rats submitted to dehydration, and thus may affect the local nitric oxide production and the secretion of vasopressin. ..
- Garcia Cairasco N. A critical review on the participation of inferior colliculus in acoustic-motor and acoustic-limbic networks involved in the expression of acute and kindled audiogenic seizures. Hear Res. 2002;168:208-22 pubmed
- Farina J, Piccinato C, Campos A, Rossi M. Comparative study of isovolemic hemodilution with 3% albumin, dextran-40, and prophylactic enoxaparin (LMWH) on thrombus formation at venous microanastomosis in rats. Microsurgery. 2006;26:456-64 pubmed
- Machado R, Soares D, Soares D, Proudfoot A, Souza G. CCR1 and CCR5 chemokine receptors are involved in fever induced by LPS (E. coli) and RANTES in rats. Brain Res. 2007;1161:21-31 pubmed..As indomethacin dissociates fever and the decrease of PGE(2) level during the RANTES-induced fever, an alternative COX-2-independent pathway or other mechanisms of action of celecoxib and ibuprofen might be considered. ..
- Martins N, Santos N, Curti C, Bianchi M, Santos A. Cisplatin induces mitochondrial oxidative stress with resultant energetic metabolism impairment, membrane rigidification and apoptosis in rat liver. J Appl Toxicol. 2008;28:337-44 pubmed..Therefore, the results show the key role of mitochondria in the hepatotoxicity induced by cisplatin and delineate several mitochondrial processes that could be targeted in future cytoprotective therapy approaches. ..
- Marçal D, Rizzi E, Martins Oliveira A, Ceron C, Guimaraes D, Gerlach R, et al. Comparative study on antioxidant effects and vascular matrix metalloproteinase-2 downregulation by dihydropyridines in renovascular hypertension. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2011;383:35-44 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest lack of superiority of one particular dihydropyridine, at least with respect to antioxidant effects, MMPs downregulation, and inhibition of vascular remodeling in hypertension. ..
- Moura J, Teixeira L, Ravagnani C, Peitl O, Zanotto E, Beloti M, et al. In vitro osteogenesis on a highly bioactive glass-ceramic (Biosilicate). J Biomed Mater Res A. 2007;82:545-57 pubmed..The results indicate that full crystallization of bioactive glasses in a range of compositions of the system P(2)O(5)-Na(2)O-CaO-SiO(2) may promote enhancement of in vitro bone-like tissue formation in an osteogenic cell culture system. ..
- Moreira F, Aguiar D, Campos A, Lisboa S, Terzian A, Resstel L, et al. Antiaversive effects of cannabinoids: is the periaqueductal gray involved?. Neural Plast. 2009;2009:625469 pubmed publisher..These results, therefore, suggest that the PAG could be an important site for the antiaversive effects of cannabinoids. ..
- Deminice R, Jordao A. Creatine supplementation reduces oxidative stress biomarkers after acute exercise in rats. Amino Acids. 2012;43:709-15 pubmed publisher..The results show that creatine supplementation inhibits increased oxidative stress markers in plasma and muscle induced by acute exercise. ..
- Andrioli W, Santos M, Silva V, Oliveira R, Chagas Paula D, Jorge J, et al. ?-lactam derivative from thermophilic soil fungus exhibits in vitro anti-allergic activity. Nat Prod Res. 2012;26:2168-75 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the ?-lactam derivative has the potential to be used as a lead compound in the development of anti-allergic drugs for clinical use in humans. ..
- Peres R, Santos G, Cecílio N, Jabor V, Niehues M, Torres B, et al. Lapachol, a compound targeting pyrimidine metabolism, ameliorates experimental autoimmune arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2017;19:47 pubmed publisher..Therefore, LAP could be considered as a potential immunosuppressive lead candidate with potential therapeutic implications for RA. ..