Experts and Doctors on blood pressure in Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo, Brazil
Locale: Ribeirão Preto, São Paulo, Brazil
Topic: blood pressure
- Cozza I, Di Sacco T, Mazon J, Salgado M, Dutra S, Cesarino E, et al. Physical exercise improves cardiac autonomic modulation in hypertensive patients independently of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor treatment. Hypertens Res. 2012;35:82-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that aerobic physical training improves cardiac autonomic modulation in HT volunteers independently of ACEi treatment. ..
- Crestani C, Alves F, Resstel L, Correa F. Bed nucleus of the stria terminalis alpha(1)-adrenoceptor modulates baroreflex cardiac component in unanesthetized rats. Brain Res. 2008;1245:108-15 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data point out that local alpha(1)-adrenoceptors mediate the BST tonic influence on the baroreflex bradycardiac response modulating parasympathetic cardiac activity. ..
- Pelosi G, Busnardo C, Tavares R, Correa F. Cardiovascular responses to glutamate microinjection in the dorsomedial periaqueductal gray of unanesthetized rats. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:2193-200 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the microinjection of L-Glu into the dmPAG causes sympathetic-mediated pressor responses in unanesthetized rats, which are mediated by glutamatergic NMDA receptors in the dmPAG. ..
- Nobre F, da Silva C, Coelho E, Salgado H, Fazan R. Antihypertensive agents have different ability to modulate arterial pressure and heart rate variability in 2K1C rats. Am J Hypertens. 2006;19:1079-83 pubmed..Atenolol presented lower LF and higher HF of PI. In conclusion, losartan normalized AP but did not reduce AP variability, suggesting an autonomic imbalance characterized by higher sympathetic modulation of the cardiovascular system. ..
- Resstel L, Tavares R, Lisboa S, Joca S, Correa F, Guimarães F. 5-HT1A receptors are involved in the cannabidiol-induced attenuation of behavioural and cardiovascular responses to acute restraint stress in rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;156:181-8 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that CBD can attenuate acute autonomic responses to stress and its delayed emotional consequences by facilitating 5-HT(1A) receptor-mediated neurotransmission. ..
- Resstel L, Correa F. Medial prefrontal cortex NMDA receptors and nitric oxide modulate the parasympathetic component of the baroreflex. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:481-8 pubmed
- Marchi K, Ceron C, Muniz J, De Martinis B, Tanus Santos J, Tirapelli C. NADPH Oxidase Plays a Role on Ethanol-Induced Hypertension and Reactive Oxygen Species Generation in the Vasculature. Alcohol Alcohol. 2016;51:522-34 pubmed publisher..Moreover, increased vascular Nox1 expression is related to the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) by ethanol. Finally, ROS induced by ethanol increase the expression of the regulatory vascular proteins. ..
- Hallak J, Dursun S, Bosi D, de Macedo L, Machado de Sousa J, Abrao J, et al. The interplay of cannabinoid and NMDA glutamate receptor systems in humans: preliminary evidence of interactive effects of cannabidiol and ketamine in healthy human subjects. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2011;35:198-202 pubmed publisher..These data describe a complex pattern of psychopharmacologic interactions between CBD and ketamine at the doses of each agent studied in this experiment. ..
- de Oliveira D, Chagas M, Garcia L, Crippa J, Zuardi A. Oxytocin interference in the effects induced by inhalation of 7.5% CO(2) in healthy volunteers. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2012;27:378-85 pubmed publisher..The LZP reduced anxiety after medical air inhalation. Other parameters evaluated were not affected by OT. OT, as well as LZP, prevented CO(2) -induced anxiety, suggesting that this hormone has anxiolytic properties. ..
- Crestani C, Alves F, Resstel L, Correa F. Both alpha1 and alpha2-adrenoceptors mediate the cardiovascular responses to noradrenaline microinjected into the bed nucleus of the stria terminal of rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;153:583-90 pubmed..In addition, they point to an inhibitory role played by the activation of local beta(1)-adrenoceptors in the cardiovascular response to noradrenaline microinjected into the BST. ..
- Rizzi E, Ceron C, Guimaraes D, Prado C, Rossi M, Gerlach R, et al. Temporal changes in cardiac matrix metalloproteinase activity, oxidative stress, and TGF-? in renovascular hypertension-induced cardiac hypertrophy. Exp Mol Pathol. 2013;94:1-9 pubmed publisher..Higher TIMP-4 levels were found in hypertensive rats only after 75 days after surgery. Our findings show that increased MMP-2 activity is associated with concomitant development of LV hypertrophy and increased TGF-? and ROS levels. ..
- Montenegro M, Amaral J, Pinheiro L, Sakamoto E, Ferreira G, Reis R, et al. Sodium nitrite downregulates vascular NADPH oxidase and exerts antihypertensive effects in hypertension. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51:144-52 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show for the first time that nitrite has antihypertensive effects in 2K1C hypertensive rats, which may be due to its antioxidant properties resulting from vascular NADPH oxidase activity inhibition...
- da Cunha N, Pinge Filho P, Panis C, Silva B, Pernomian L, Grando M, et al. Decreased endothelial nitric oxide, systemic oxidative stress, and increased sympathetic modulation contribute to hypertension in obese rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2014;306:H1472-80 pubmed publisher..Acetylcholine increased FI to DHE in the CTR group, but decreased in MSG animals. We suggest that reduced NO production and increased production of ROS may contribute to hypertension in obese MSG animals...
- Pádua G, Martinez E, Brunherotti M. [Cardiorespiratory effects of the body position in premature newborns submitted to the increase of the gastric volume]. Arq Gastroenterol. 2009;46:321-7 pubmed
- Carvalho T, Cavalli R, Cunha S, de Baraldi C, Marques M, Antunes N, et al. Influence of gestational diabetes mellitus on the stereoselective kinetic disposition and metabolism of labetalol in hypertensive patients. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2011;67:55-61 pubmed publisher..This study investigated the influence of gestational diabetes mellitus on the kinetic disposition and stereoselective metabolism of labetalol administered intravenously or orally...
- Oliveira Pelegrin G, Ravanelli M, Branco L, Rocha M. Thermoregulation and vasopressin secretion during polymicrobial sepsis. Neuroimmunomodulation. 2009;16:45-53 pubmed publisher..Moreover, an apparently impaired replenishment of AVP content in the neurohypophysis, possibly due to increased NO formation, may explain the impaired AVP secretion in the late phase of severe sepsis. ..
- Crestani C, Tavares R, Alves F, Resstel L, Correa F. Diagonal band of Broca modulates the cardiac component of the baroreflex in unanesthetized rats. Neurosci Lett. 2008;448:189-93 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest that synapses within DBB have a tonic inhibitory influence on both the cardiac parasympathetic and sympathetic components of the baroreflex. ..
- Oliveira E, Souza L, Sivieri D, Bispo da Silva L, Pereira H, Costa Neto C, et al. Carboxypeptidase B and other kininases of the rat coronary and mesenteric arterial bed perfusates. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;293:H3550-7 pubmed..In conclusion, distinct BK-processing pathways operate in the perfusates of rat MAB and coronary bed, with a substantial participation of a des-Arg(9)-BK-forming enzyme identical to pancreatic CPB. ..
- Resstel L, Joca S, Moreira F, Correa F, Guimarães F. Effects of cannabidiol and diazepam on behavioral and cardiovascular responses induced by contextual conditioned fear in rats. Behav Brain Res. 2006;172:294-8 pubmed..In conclusion, the results suggest that CBD has anxiolytic-like properties similar to those of diazepam in a rat model of conditioned fear to context. ..
- Busnardo C, Tavares R, Correa F. Role of N-methyl-D-aspartate and non-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in the cardiovascular effects of L-glutamate microinjection into the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus of unanesthetized rats. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:2066-77 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, results suggest the existence of two glutamatergic pressor pathways in the PVN: one sympathetic pathway that is mediated by NMDA receptors and a vasopressinergic pathway that is mediated by non-NMDA receptors. ..
- Ferreira Junior N, Fedoce A, Alves F, Correa F, Resstel L. Medial prefrontal cortex endocannabinoid system modulates baroreflex activity through CB(1) receptors. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;302:R876-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results support the view that the eCBs in the vMPFC is involved in the modulation of baroreflex activity through the activation of CB(1) receptors, which modulate local glutamate release. ..
- Rocha M, Kihara A, Davel A, Britto L, Rossoni L, Bendhack L. Blood pressure variability increases connexin expression in the vascular smooth muscle of rats. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;80:123-30 pubmed publisher..05). Blood pressure variability evoked by SAD leads to increased expression of Cx43, which could contribute to enhanced phenylephrine-induced contraction and oscillatory activity in isolated aortas. ..
- Pelosi G, Tavares R, Antunes Rodrigues J, Correa F. Cardiovascular responses to noradrenaline microinjection in the ventrolateral periaqueductal gray of unanesthetized rats. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:712-9 pubmed..The results suggest that activation of noradrenergic synapses within the vlPAG modulates vasopressin release in unanesthetized rats. ..
- Alves F, Crestani C, Resstel L, Correa F. Cardiovascular effects of carbachol microinjected into the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis of the rat brain. Brain Res. 2007;1143:161-8 pubmed..In conclusion, results suggest that microinjection of CBH in the BST activates local M(2)-muscarinic receptor evoking pressor and bradycardiac responses, which are mediated by acute vasopressin release into circulation. ..