Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on liver in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Locale: Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Liarte D, Murta S. Selection and phenotype characterization of potassium antimony tartrate-resistant populations of four New World Leishmania species. Parasitol Res. 2010;107:205-12 pubmed publisher..Although the protocol of induction was the same, the SbIII-resistant populations showed different degrees of tolerance, stability, infectivity in mice and cross-resistance to antileishmanial drugs, depending on the Leishmania species. ..
- Costa C, Brito K, Gomes M, Caliari M. Morphometric study of the hepatic lesions experimentally induced in hamsters by Entamoeba dispar and E. histolytica. Parasite. 2007;14:329-34 pubmed..Regarding the genetic similarity between E. histolytica and E. dispar, comparison strategy between lesions produced by these species may culminate in identifying virulence factors of E. histolytica. ..
- Marinho F, de Paula R, Mendes A, de Almeida L, Gomes M, Carvalho N, et al. Toll-like receptor 6 senses Mycobacterium avium and is required for efficient control of mycobacterial infection. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:2373-85 pubmed publisher..avium infected DCs. Finally, the lack of TLR6 reduced activation of MAPKs and NF-?B in DCs. In summary, TLR6 is required for full resistance to M. avium and for the activation of DCs to produce proinflammatory cytokines. ..
- Bilman V, Mares Guia L, Nadu A, Bader M, Campagnole Santos M, Santos R, et al. Decreased hepatic gluconeogenesis in transgenic rats with increased circulating angiotensin-(1-7). Peptides. 2012;37:247-51 pubmed publisher..In conclusion our data show that the improved glucose metabolism induced by Ang-(1-7) could be due, at least in part, to a downregulation of hepatic gluconeogenesis. ..
- Gomes M, Campos P, Oliveira F, Corsetti P, Bortoluci K, Cunha L, et al. Critical role of ASC inflammasomes and bacterial type IV secretion system in caspase-1 activation and host innate resistance to Brucella abortus infection. J Immunol. 2013;190:3629-38 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that Brucella is sensed by ASC inflammasomes that collectively orchestrate a robust caspase-1 activation and proinflammatory response. ..
- Guabiraba R, Besnard A, Marques R, Maillet I, Fagundes C, Conceição T, et al. IL-22 modulates IL-17A production and controls inflammation and tissue damage in experimental dengue infection. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:1529-44 pubmed publisher..We suggest that disrupting the balance between IL-22 and IL-17A levels may represent an important strategy to reduce inflammation and tissue injury associated with severe dengue infection. ..
- dos Santos L, Santos M, de Souza Silva H, Arantes R, Nicoli J, Vieira L. Monoassociation with probiotic Lactobacillus delbrueckii UFV-H2b20 stimulates the immune system and protects germfree mice against Listeria monocytogenes infection. Med Microbiol Immunol. 2011;200:29-38 pubmed publisher..We conclude that monoassociation with L. delbrueckii UFV-H2b20 protects mice from death caused by L. monocytogenes infection by favoring effector responses while preventing their immunopathological consequences...
- Pinho J, Cardoso F, Lopes D, Pinheiro C, Caliari M, Oliveira F, et al. Immunization with SmIg, a novel tegument protein from Schistosoma mansoni, fails to induce protection in mice but reduces liver pathology. Parasitology. 2010;137:1079-88 pubmed publisher..8% and 49%, respectively. In conclusion, SmIg is a new tegument protein from S. mansoni that plays an important role in reducing pathology induced by parasite infection...
- Araujo N, Mattos A, Coelho P, Katz N. Association of oxamniquine praziquantel and clonazepam in experimental Schistosomiasis mansoni. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2008;103:781-5 pubmed..mansoni adult worm, in vitro, causing total paralysis of males and females. However, no additive or synergistic effects were observed when clonazepam were used in association with oxamniquine or praziquantel. ..
- Garcia T, Fonseca C, Pacifico L, Durães F, Marinho F, Penido M, et al. Peptides containing T cell epitopes, derived from Sm14, but not from paramyosin, induce a Th1 type of immune response, reduction in liver pathology and partial protection against Schistosoma mansoni infection in mice. Acta Trop. 2008;106:162-7 pubmed publisher..In contrast, paramyosin peptide vaccination did not engender protective immunity or liver pathology reduction and immunization was associated with a Th2 type of immune response. ..
- Portugal L, Goncalves J, Fernandes L, Silva H, Arantes R, Nicoli J, et al. Effect of Lactobacillus delbrueckii on cholesterol metabolism in germ-free mice and on atherogenesis in apolipoprotein E knock-out mice. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2006;39:629-35 pubmed..In conclusion, these results suggest that, although L. delbrueckii treatment was able to reduce cholesterol excretion in germ-free mice, no hypocholesterolemic or antiatherogenic effect was observed in apo E KO mice...
- Petroianu A, De Oliveira A, Alberti L. Hypersplenism in schistosomatic portal hypertension. Arch Med Res. 2005;36:496-501 pubmed..Patients with schistosomatic portal hypertension and peripheral cytopenia cannot be classified as having hypersplenism but rather as having pancytopenia due to splenomegaly caused by difficulty on portal blood drainage. ..
- Fernandes V, Martins E, Boeloni J, Coitinho J, Serakides R, Goes A. Additive effect of rPb27 immunization and chemotherapy in experimental paracoccidioidomycosis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17885 pubmed publisher..These results showed an additive protective effect of rPb27 immunization and chemotherapy, suggesting that an rPb27-based vaccine can be used to enhance PCM antifungal treatment...
- Souza A, Roffe E, Pinho V, Souza D, Silva A, Russo R, et al. Potential role of the chemokine macrophage inflammatory protein 1alpha in human and experimental schistosomiasis. Infect Immun. 2005;73:2515-23 pubmed..CCL3 is a marker of disease severity in infected humans, and experimental studies in mice suggest that CCL3 may be a causative factor in the development of severe schistosomiasis. ..