Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Locale: Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Publications381 found, 100 shown here
- Rios D, Fernandes A, Figueiredo R, Guimarães D, Ferreira C, Simoes e Silva A, et al. Relationship between ABO blood groups and von Willebrand factor, ADAMTS13 and factor VIII in patients undergoing hemodialysis. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2012;33:416-21 pubmed publisher..Considering that non-O blood groups constitute a risk factor for thrombosis, it is reasonable to admit that A, B and AB HD patients need a careful and continuous follow-up in order to minimize thrombotic events. ..
- Costa M, Terra F, Costa R, Lyon S, Costa A, Antunes C. Assessment of quality of life of patients with leprosy reactional states treated in a dermatology reference center. An Bras Dermatol. 2012;87:26-35 pubmed..Disabilities and deformities resulting from reactive outbreaks of leprosy can cause many problems for the patients, interfering with their quality of life...
- Lima Costa M, de Oliveira C, Macinko J, Marmot M. Socioeconomic inequalities in health in older adults in Brazil and England. Am J Public Health. 2012;102:1535-41 pubmed publisher..14 in Brazil and 1.36 in England. Socioeconomic inequalities in health affect both populations, despite a less pronounced absolute difference in household income and education in Brazil than in England. ..
- Carneiro G, Aguiar M, Fernandes A, Ferreira L. Drug delivery systems for the topical treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2012;9:1083-97 pubmed publisher..The results obtained with combined therapy and alternative delivery systems are promising perspectives for improving topical treatment of CL. ..
- Mendoza I, Peniche A, Püschel V. [Knowledge of hypothermia in nursing professionals of surgical center]. Rev Esc Enferm USP. 2012;46 Spec No:123-9 pubmed..We conclude that the educational intervention was satisfactory in that new information was anchored modified and expanded the cognitive structure of study subjects. ..
- Brito A, Capistrano H, Torres M, Ramos G, Viana M, de Oliveira B. Isolated relapse in the oral cavity of a child with T-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Braz Dent J. 2012;23:711-5 pubmed
- Fares R, Correa Oliveira R, de Araújo F, Keesen T, Chaves A, Fiuza J, et al. Identification of phenotypic markers of B cells from patients with Chagas disease. Parasite Immunol. 2013;35:214-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data bring a new knowledge about distinct markers of B cells in immune responses of Chagas disease...
- Roque M, Valle M, Marques F, Sampaio M, Geber S. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection outcomes with cryopreserved testicular sperm aspiration samples. Andrologia. 2016;48:252-6 pubmed publisher..2% respectively. The results of this study suggest that performing ICSI using cryopreserved frozen-thawed testicular spermatozoa with TESA as a first option is a viable, safe, economic and effective method for patients with NOA. ..
- Pires R, Giordano V, Dos Santos J, Labronici P, de Andrade M, de Toledo LourenÃ§o P. Expanding indications of the horizontal belt plate: a technical note. Injury. 2015;46:2059-63 pubmed publisher..However, the surgeon must carefully analyse the fracture pattern to verify if the horizontal belt plate can be used alone or with traditional techniques. ..
- Andermann A, Pang T, Newton J, Davis A, Panisset U. Evidence for Health II: Overcoming barriers to using evidence in policy and practice. Health Res Policy Syst. 2016;14:17 pubmed publisher..Particularly at the policy level, political savvy is also needed to ensure that vested interests do not undermine decisions that can impact the health of individuals and populations. ..
- Moreira E, Anacleto C, Petrillo Peixoto M. Effect of glucantime on field and patient isolates of New World Leishmania: use of growth parameters of promastigotes to assess antimony susceptibility. Parasitol Res. 1998;84:720-6 pubmed..No amplified sequence could be detected, suggesting that pgpA amplification is not involved in glucantime resistance in these wild Leishmania strains. ..
- de Paula A, Gomez R. Immunolocalization of p53, glutathione S-tranferase pi and CD57 antigens in oral leukoplakia. Anticancer Res. 2001;21:379-85 pubmed..Our data also give support to the idea that GST-pi and p53 are not time-point related during oral cancer development. ..
- Carneiro Proietti A, Ribas J, Catalan Soares B, Martins M, Brito Melo G, Martins Filho O, et al. [Infection and disease caused by the human T cell lymphotropic viruses type I and II in Brazil]. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2002;35:499-508 pubmed..Prevention efforts should focus on education of positive blood donors, infected mothers and IV drug users...
- Rabelo E, Oliveira E, Diniz J, Silva J, Filgueiras M, Pezzuti I, et al. Natural history of multicystic kidney conservatively managed: a prospective study. Pediatr Nephrol. 2004;19:1102-7 pubmed..In conclusion, the natural history of MCDK is usually benign but patients must have long-term follow-up with US scans and blood pressure measurements...
- Siqueira S, Lázaro da Silva A. [Arterial anatomy of the sigmoid colon useful for colon take down techniques]. Arq Gastroenterol. 2003;40:209-15 pubmed..An anatomic study about the arterial vascularization of the sigmoid was performed in order to obtain guidelines for the surgical treatment of rectal carcinoma...
- Benhur Junior A, Serufo J, Lambertucci J. Pulmonary strongyloidiasis. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2004;37:359-60 pubmed
- Siqueira R, Vitral N, Campos W, Orefice F, de Moraes Figueiredo L. Ocular manifestations in Dengue fever. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2004;12:323-7 pubmed..Ocular abnormalities may be seen in patients with Dengue fever, therefore ophthalmoscopy should be performed in patients presenting with severe forms of the disease. ..
- Caiaffa W, Almeida M, Oliveira C, Friche A, Matos S, Dias M, et al. The urban environment from the health perspective: the case of Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil. Cad Saude Publica. 2005;21:958-67 pubmed..For the two vector-borne diseases, an environmental intervention in one mosquito-borne disease might be playing a role in the other's incidence. ..
- Meira Z, Goulart E, Mota C. [Comparative study of clinical and Doppler echocardiographic evaluations of the progression of valve diseases in children and adolescents with rheumatic fever]. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2006;86:32-8 pubmed..The diagnosis of subclinical valvulitis and valvulopathy influences the secondary prophylaxis of rheumatic fever and endocarditis. ..
- Pereira e Silva Y, Gomez R, Marcatto J, Maximo T, Barbosa R, Simoes e Silva A. Morphine versus remifentanil for intubating preterm neonates. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2007;92:F293-4 pubmed..The findings suggest that the overall intubation conditions were significantly better (p=0.0034) in the remifentanil group than in the morphine group. No severe complications were observed in either group. ..
- Silveira Lemos D, Teixeira Carvalho A, Martins Filho O, Oliveira L, Correa Oliveira R. High expression of co-stimulatory and adhesion molecules are observed on eosinophils during human Schistosoma mansoni infection. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2006;101 Suppl 1:345-51 pubmed..These findings suggest that distinct dynamic of activation markers expressed by eosinophils may occur during chronic S. mansoni infection. ..
- Bartholomeu D, Ropert C, Melo M, Parroche P, Junqueira C, Teixeira S, et al. Recruitment and endo-lysosomal activation of TLR9 in dendritic cells infected with Trypanosoma cruzi. J Immunol. 2008;181:1333-44 pubmed..cruzi genome are likely to be main parasite targets and probably become available to TLR9 when parasites are destroyed in the lysosome-fused vacuoles during parasite invasion/uptake by phagocytes. ..
- Drummond M, Calzavara Silva C, D Astolfo D, Cardoso F, Rajão M, Mourão M, et al. Molecular characterization of the Schistosoma mansoni zinc finger protein SmZF1 as a transcription factor. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2009;3:e547 pubmed publisher..003) only when its specific binding site was present. Taken together, these results strongly support the hypothesis that SmZF1 acts as a transcription factor in S. mansoni. ..
- Sanchez E, Schneider F, Yarleque A, Borges M, Richardson M, Figueiredo S, et al. The novel metalloproteinase atroxlysin-I from Peruvian Bothrops atrox (Jergón) snake venom acts both on blood vessel ECM and platelets. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010;496:9-20 pubmed publisher..Complementarily, the laminin and collagen binding integrins alpha7beta1 and alpha1beta1 were cleaved by atroxlysin. Even without catalytic activity atroxlysin-I inhibited collagen- and ADP-triggered platelet aggregation. ..
- Simões L, Dias J, Marinho K, Pinto C, Britto R. [Relationship between functional capacity assessed by walking test and respiratory and lower limb muscle function in community-dwelling elders]. Rev Bras Fisioter. 2010;14:24-30 pubmed..The relationship between walking distance and respiratory and lower limb muscle strength found in this study suggests that optimizing these functions may contribute to maintaining and improving functional capacity in the elderly. ..
- Bertollo C, Correa C, Gomes D, Souza Fagundes E, Goes A. Effect of radiation treatment on newly established human breast cancer cell lines MACL-1 and MGSO-3. Tumour Biol. 2010;31:189-97 pubmed publisher..These cells may be useful in studies of breast cancer in defining basic mechanisms in molecular and cellular radiobiology and may contribute to the rational design of future models of cancer therapies. ..
- Villela M, Rodrigues V, Casanova C, Dias J. [Analysis on the food source of Panstrongylus megistus (Hemiptera, Reduviidae, Triatominae) and its present importance as a vector for Trypanosoma cruzi, in the State of Minas Gerais]. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2010;43:125-8 pubmed..Investigation of the food source of triatomines helps in understanding the biology of these insects, and also helps to infer their importance in transmitting Trypanosoma cruzi to humans...
- Teixeira M, Vilela M, Soriani F, Rodrigues D, Teixeira A. Using intravital microscopy to study the role of chemokines during infection and inflammation in the central nervous system. J Neuroimmunol. 2010;224:62-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, intravital microscopy studies were crucial to determine that induction of leukocyte adhesion and subsequent emigration into the CNS is a major mechanism of action of CCL2 in EAE. ..
- Silva C, Giovani P, Viana M. High reticulocyte count is an independent risk factor for cerebrovascular disease in children with sickle cell anemia. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011;56:116-21 pubmed publisher..High-reticulocyte count was the most important factor associated with cerebrovascular disease. Basilar artery velocity > 130 cm/sec seems to be an indirect sign of an underlying cerebrovascular disease. ..
- Reis Z, Miranda A, Lage E, Bragança R, Costa C, Cabral A. Echocardiographic findings of congenital cardiopathies among fetuses of diabetic pregnant women and their relationship with plasma fructosamine levels. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2011;24:943-7 pubmed publisher..7, 95% CI, p < 0.0001). Adjusted OR by maternal age and insulin usage was 10.9 (2.7-45.2, 95% CI p < 0.0001). An abnormal plasma fructosamine level increases the chances of CCE occurring among referral pregnant women with PGDM. ..
- de Oliveira A, Paiva M. Analysis of occupational accidents with biological material among professionals in pre-hospital services. Rev Lat Am Enfermagem. 2013;21:309-15 pubmed..To estimate the prevalence of accidents due to biological material exposure, the characteristics and post-accident conduct among professionals of pre-hospital services of the four municipalities of Minas Gerais, Brazil...
- Ferreira G, Teixeira A, Calderaro D, Sato E. Atorvastatin reduced soluble receptors of TNF-alpha in systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2016;34:42-8 pubmed..Atorvastatin reduced soluble receptors of TNF-Î±. The plasma levels of TNF-Î±, sTNFR1 and sTNFR2 may play a role in SLE activity and atherosclerosis, and might be evaluated as targets for new therapies. ..
- Dinardi R, de Andrade C, da Cunha Ibiapina C. Effect of the external nasal dilator on adolescent athleteswith and without allergic rhinitis. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;97:127-134 pubmed publisher..Results suggested that END reduces nasal resistance, improves maximal oxygen uptake and rating of perceived exertion after a maximum cardio-respiratory test on healthy adolescents and those with allergic rhinitis. ..
- Lima K, Vago J, Caux T, Negreiros Lima G, Sugimoto M, Tavares L, et al. The resolution of acute inflammation induced by cyclic AMP is dependent on annexin A1. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13758-13773 pubmed publisher..Our results show that AnxA1 is at least one of the endogenous determinants mediating the pro-resolving properties of cAMP-elevating agents and cAMP-mimetic drugs. ..
- Jardim L, Chaves D, Silveira Cassette A, Simoes e Silva A, Santana M, Cerqueira M, et al. Immune status of patients with haemophilia A before exposure to factor VIII: first results from the HEMFIL study. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:971-978 pubmed publisher..Compared with controls, PUPs with HA presented a distinct immunological profile, characterized by a prominent pro-inflammatory status that appears to be regulated by IL4 and IL10. ..
- Vieira E, Keesen T, Machado P, Guimarães L, Carvalho E, Dutra W, et al. Immunoregulatory profile of monocytes from cutaneous leishmaniasis patients and association with lesion size. Parasite Immunol. 2013;35:65-72 pubmed publisher..Lastly, higher frequencies of TLR9+ monocytes were correlated with greater lesion size. These findings demonstrate a peripheral monocytes profile compatible with important immunoregulatory potential. ..
- Machado A, Werneck M, Lucas S, Abreu M. Who did not appear? First dental visit absences in secondary care in a major Brazilian city: a cross-sectional study. Cien Saude Colet. 2015;20:289-98 pubmed publisher..Young adults, male, and resident in given districts who were referred to the specialties of surgery and endodontics and who waited longer on the waiting list exhibited a higher frequency of no-shows. ..
- Braúna A, Abreu M, Resende V, Castilho L. Risk factors for dental caries in children with developmental disabilities. Braz Oral Res. 2016;30: pubmed publisher..07 (95%CI 1.01 to 1.15). Sucrose consumption was the only risk factor for dental caries found in this group of individuals with developmental disabilities. ..
- Cortes M, Marcenes W, Sheiham A. Prevalence and correlates of traumatic injuries to the permanent teeth of schoolchildren aged 9-14 years in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Dent Traumatol. 2001;17:22-6 pubmed..0 mm. Finally, children with an adequate lip coverage were 0.56 times (95% CI = 0.44-0.72) less likely to have a traumatic dental injury than those with inadequate lip coverage. ..
- Silva L, Kill C, Lambertucci J. Cervical spinal cord schistosomiasis. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2002;35:543-4 pubmed
- Lambertucci J, Westin M, Barbosa A. Severe gastrointestinal strongyloidiasis. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2005;38:365-6 pubmed
- Boson W, Della Manna T, Damiani D, Miranda D, Gadelha M, Liberman B, et al. Novel vasopressin type 2 (AVPR2) gene mutations in Brazilian nephrogenic diabetes insipidus patients. Genet Test. 2006;10:157-62 pubmed..Furthermore, our data indicate that in Brazil the spectrum of AVPR2 gene mutations is "family specific". ..
- Guimaraes A, Correia Silva J, Sá A, Victoria J, Diniz M, Costa F, et al. Investigation of functional gene polymorphisms IL-1beta, IL-6, IL-10 and TNF-alpha in individuals with recurrent aphthous stomatitis. Arch Oral Biol. 2007;52:268-72 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that polymorphisms of high IL-1beta and TNF-alpha production were associated with an increased risk of RAS development. Our findings also give additional support to a genetic basis for RAS pathogenesis. ..
- Dusse L, Carvalho M, Bragança W, Paiva S, Godoi L, Guimarães D, et al. Inherited thrombophilias and pre-eclampsia in Brazilian women. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2007;134:20-3 pubmed..Differences in the mutation frequencies detected in the two groups were not statistically significant. No correlation was observed between pre-eclampsia and presence of G1691A, G20210A and C677T mutations in Brazilian women. ..
- Vilela E, de Abreu Ferrari M, de Gama Torres H, Martins F, Goulart E, Lima A, et al. Intestinal permeability and antigliadin antibody test for monitoring adult patients with celiac disease. Dig Dis Sci. 2007;52:1304-9 pubmed..It is concluded that intestinal permeability allows a more precise clinical physiopathologic correlation than antigliadin and offers more information for the monitoring of these patients. ..
- Gabler I, Barbosa A, Velela R, Lyon S, Rosa C. Incidence and anatomic localization of oral candidiasis in patients with AIDS hospitalized in a public hospital in Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil. J Appl Oral Sci. 2008;16:247-50 pubmed..Candida albicans was the most common yeast species isolated from the lesions. However, other species were also found to be associated with these forms of oral candidiasis...
- Tomich G, França D, Diniz M, Britto R, Sampaio R, Parreira V. [Effects of breathing exercises on breathing pattern and thoracoabdominal motion after gastroplasty]. J Bras Pneumol. 2010;36:197-204 pubmed..Among the breathing exercises evaluated, incentive spirometry with the volume-oriented device provided the best results, because it allowed slower, deeper inhalation. ..
- Faria Fortini I, Michaelsen S, Cassiano J, Teixeira Salmela L. Upper extremity function in stroke subjects: relationships between the international classification of functioning, disability, and health domains. J Hand Ther. 2011;24:257-64; quiz 265 pubmed publisher..Strength deficits and shoulder pain of the paretic UL demonstrated to be important targets for clinical interventions to improve activity and participation with chronic stroke subjects. 2c. ..
- Moreira A, Rocha E, Popoff D, Vilaça E, Castilho L, de Magalhães C. Knowledge and attitudes of dentists regarding ageing and the elderly. Gerodontology. 2012;29:e624-31 pubmed publisher..Dentists who worked in the public sector demonstrated a greater knowledge regarding the elderly. This knowledge did not influence attitudes towards ageing. Women demonstrated a more positive attitude regarding ageing and dental care. ..
- Neves M, Tremeau F, Nicolato R, Lauar H, Romano Silva M, Correa H. Facial emotion recognition deficits in relatives of children with autism are not associated with 5HTTLPR. Braz J Psychiatry. 2011;33:261-7 pubmed..Facial emotion recognition deficits are more common in first-degree relatives of autistic patients than in the general population, suggesting that facial emotion recognition is a candidate endophenotype for autism. ..
- Goretti Penido M, Alon U. Phosphate homeostasis and its role in bone health. Pediatr Nephrol. 2012;27:2039-2048 pubmed publisher..In the rest of the skeleton, hypophosphatemia will result in osteomalacia due to an insufficient formation of hydroxyapatite. This review will address phosphate metabolism and its role in bone health. ..
- Vieira Andrade R, Drumond C, Alves L, Marques L, Ramos Jorge M. Inflammatory root resorption in primary molars: prevalence and associated factors. Braz Oral Res. 2012;26:335-40 pubmed..2%. Gender, age, an unhealthy tooth, caries with pulp involvement, pulpotomy, pulpectomy, and the absence of a restoration were associated with a higher occurrence of inflammatory root resorption in primary molars. ..
- Vianna H, Soares C, Silveira K, Elmiro G, Mendes P, de Sousa Tavares M, et al. Cytokines in chronic kidney disease: potential link of MCP-1 and dyslipidemia in glomerular diseases. Pediatr Nephrol. 2013;28:463-9 pubmed publisher..Differences in cytokine profiles may be related to CKD etiology and other disease-associated alterations. ..
- Lustosa L, Máximo Pereira L, Coelho F, Pereira D, Silva J, Parentoni A, et al. Impact of an exercise program on muscular and functional performance and plasma levels of interleukin 6 and soluble receptor tumor necrosis factor in prefrail community-dwelling older women: a randomized controlled trial. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2013;94:660-6 pubmed publisher..Cessation of the MRP after 10 weeks resulted in increased plasma levels of sTNFr1. ..
- Moreira M, Dorneles E, Soares R, MagalhÃ£es C, Costa Pereira C, Lage A, et al. Cross-reactivity of commercially available anti-human monoclonal antibodies with canine cytokines: establishment of a reliable panel to detect the functional profile of peripheral blood lymphocytes by intracytoplasmic staining. Acta Vet Scand. 2015;57:51 pubmed publisher..The identification of these 11 anti-human cytokine mAbs that cross-reacted with canine cytokines will be useful immunological biomarkers for pathological conditions by flow cytometry and fluorescence microscopy in dogs. ..
- Fontes M, Martins Lima A, Santos R. Brain angiotensin-(1-7)/Mas axis: A new target to reduce the cardiovascular risk to emotional stress. Neuropeptides. 2016;56:9-17 pubmed publisher..The present review focuses on angiotensin-(1-7)/Mas axis as a promising target to attenuate the physiological response to emotional stress reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Baumfeld D, Baumfeld T, da Rocha R, Macedo B, Raduan F, Zambelli R, et al. Reliability of Baropodometry on the Evaluation of Plantar Load Distribution: A Transversal Study. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:5925137 pubmed publisher..It can be inferred that baropodometry was a reliable instrument to determine the plantar pressure, regardless of the tension of the posterior chain muscles. ..
- Couto P, Bastos Rodrigues L, Schayek H, Melo F, Lisboa R, Miranda D, et al. Spectrum of germline mutations in smokers and non-smokers in Brazilian non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients. Carcinogenesis. 2017;38:1112-1118 pubmed publisher..Distinct pathogenic mutations and novel sequence variants are detected in Brazilian non-small-cell lung cancer patients, by smoking status. The contribution of these sequence variants to LC pathogenesis remains to be further explored...
- Rocha G, Guerra J, Rocha A, Saraiva I, da Silva D, de Oliveira C, et al. IL1RN polymorphic gene and cagA-positive status independently increase the risk of noncardia gastric carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2005;115:678-83 pubmed..This study provides evidence supporting the independent associations of cagA-positive H. pylori status and IL1RN polymorphisms with noncardia gastric carcinoma. ..
- Queiroz D, Bittencourt P, Guerra J, Rocha A, Rocha G, Carvalho A. IL1RN polymorphism and cagA-positive Helicobacter pylori strains increase the risk of duodenal ulcer in children. Pediatr Res. 2005;58:892-6 pubmed..pylori strain was the variable. This study provides evidence supporting independent roles of IL1RN*2 allele and cagA-positive status in the genesis of duodenal ulcer in children. ..
- Carvalho Silva E, Carvalho Silva G, Vieira T. Cherubism: clinicoradiographic features, treatment, and long-term follow-up of 8 cases. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007;65:517-22 pubmed
- Apolônio A, Carvalho M, Ribas R, Sousa Gaia L, Santos K, Lana M, et al. Production of antagonistic substance by Eikenella corrodens isolated from the oral cavity of human beings with and without periodontal disease. J Appl Microbiol. 2007;103:245-51 pubmed..Antagonistic abilities may confer ecological advantages for micro-organisms in competitive ecosystems. However, reports regarding this phenomenon in Eikenella corrodens are not available...
- Garcia Vilela E, De Lourdes De Abreu Ferrari M, Oswaldo Da Gama Torres H, Guerra Pinto A, Carolina Carneiro Aguirre A, Paiva Martins F, et al. Influence of Saccharomyces boulardii on the intestinal permeability of patients with Crohn's disease in remission. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2008;43:842-8 pubmed publisher..S. boulardii added to baseline therapy improved intestinal permeability in these patients, even though complete normalization was not achieved. ..
- Amorim L, Dimandja J, Cardeal Z. Analysis of hydroxylated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in urine using comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography with a flame ionization detector. J Chromatogr A. 2009;1216:2900-4 pubmed publisher..The coefficient of variance was 3.8-12.8%. LOD was 0.03-0.18 microg/L, and LOQ was 0.1-0.5 microg/L. The mean recovery was 76%. The method was applied to the analysis of urine from smokers and non-smokers. ..
- Jorge K, Moysés S, Ferreira e Ferreira E, Ramos Jorge M, de Araújo Zarzar P. Prevalence and factors associated to dental trauma in infants 1-3 years of age. Dent Traumatol. 2009;25:185-9 pubmed publisher..Children from families with high social vulnerability (worse living conditions) had a 1.51 (95% confidence interval 1.0-2.2) greater chance of exhibiting TDI. These results can help guide the implementation of health promotion policies. ..
- Torquetti L, Berbel R, Ferrara P. Long-term follow-up of intrastromal corneal ring segments in keratoconus. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2009;35:1768-73 pubmed publisher..To report the long-term follow-up of Ferrara intrastromal corneal ring segment (ICRS) implantation for the management of keratoconus...
- Leal R, Santiago M, Silveira F, Nunes E, Capistrano H. Periapical cemental dysplasia in twin sisters: a case report. Quintessence Int. 2009;40:e89-92 pubmed..The major concern is failure to recognize the nature of the lesion, which may result in unnecessary root canal treatment or extractions on the assumption that the lesion represents inflammatory periapical pathosis...
- de Mattos Camargo Grossmann S, Teixeira R, de Oliveira G, do Carmo M. Detection of HCV RNA in saliva does not correlate with salivary flow or xerostomia in patients with chronic hepatitis C. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2010;109:851-6 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to investigate the prevalence of hepatitis C virus (HCV) RNA in saliva and its possible association with xerostomia and hyposalivation in patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- Silva T, Costa E, Paixao T, Tsolis R, Santos R. Laboratory animal models for brucellosis research. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2011;2011:518323 pubmed publisher..Other animal species have been used as models for brucellosis including rats, guinea pigs, and monkeys. This paper discusses the murine and other laboratory animal models for human and animal brucellosis. ..
- Ceccato M, Bonolo P, Souza Neto A, Araújo F, Freitas M. Antiretroviral therapy-associated dyslipidemia in patients from a reference center in Brazil. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2011;44:1177-83 pubmed..Secondly, interventions should be developed to correct metabolic changes. ..
- Brandão A, Oliveira F, Carvalho N, Vieira L, Azevedo V, Macedo G, et al. Host susceptibility to Brucella abortus infection is more pronounced in IFN-? knockout than IL-12/?2-microglobulin double-deficient mice. Clin Dev Immunol. 2012;2012:589494 pubmed publisher..However, the lack of endogenous IFN-? was found to be more important to control brucellosis than CD8+ T cells and IL-12-dependent IFN-? deficiencies. ..
- Gomes C, Diniz M, Orsine L, Duarte A, Fonseca Silva T, Conn B, et al. Assessment of TP53 mutations in benign and malignant salivary gland neoplasms. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41261 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results show that TP53 mutations are not a frequent event in SGN and that p53 immunopositivity might not be associated with sequence mutations in SGN...
- Pereira D, Queiroz B, Mateo E, Assumpção A, Felício D, Miranda A, et al. Interaction between cytokine gene polymorphisms and the effect of physical exercise on clinical and inflammatory parameters in older women: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2012;13:134 pubmed publisher..This approach could develop new perspectives on preventive and treatment proposals in physical therapy and in the management of the older patient. (ReBEC) RBR9v9cwf. ..
- Romanelli P, Nishimoto R, Suarez R, Decia R, Abreu d, Machado M, et al. Video endoscopic inguinal lymphadenectomy: surgical and oncological results. Actas Urol Esp. 2013;37:305-10 pubmed publisher..We evaluated the reproducibility of video endoscopic inguinal lymphadenectomy (VEIL) and we report our initial experience in the treatment of penile cancer with palpable inguinal lymph nodes...
- Marinho F, de Paula R, Mendes A, de Almeida L, Gomes M, Carvalho N, et al. Toll-like receptor 6 senses Mycobacterium avium and is required for efficient control of mycobacterial infection. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:2373-85 pubmed publisher..avium infected DCs. Finally, the lack of TLR6 reduced activation of MAPKs and NF-?B in DCs. In summary, TLR6 is required for full resistance to M. avium and for the activation of DCs to produce proinflammatory cytokines. ..
- Fantini A, AssunÃ§Ã£o A, Machado A. [Musculoskeletal pain and occupational vulnerability in municipal public sector workers in Belo Horizonte, Brazil]. Cien Saude Colet. 2014;19:4727-38 pubmed
- Corrêa G, Bernardes V, de Sousa S, Diniz M, Salles J, Souza R, et al. Lip cancer and pre-cancerous lesions harbor TP53 mutations, exhibit allelic loss at 9p, 9q, and 17p, but no BRAFV600E mutations. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:9059-66 pubmed publisher..BRAF V600E mutation was not detected. LOH and TP53 mutations detected in LSCC and AC may be associated with tumorigenesis, whereas BRAF V600E mutation does not seem to significantly contribute to LSCC pathogenesis. ..
- Nascimento B, Brant L, Lana M, Lopes E, Ribeiro A. Trends in Procedure Type, Morbidity and In-Hospital Outcomes of Patients with Peripheral Artery Disease: Data from the Brazilian Public Health System. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;31:143-51 pubmed publisher..7-5.9%, PÂ =Â NS). Our analysis depicts the high-PAD mortality in Brazil emphasizing the need of preventing and controlling cardiovascular risk factors. The impact of PAD in costs increased, mainly because of costs related to EVR. ..
- Hoelzle C, Magalhães K, Carvalho S, Santos G, Maia I, Sousa M, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 9 -1562C/T polymorphism increased protein levels in patients with colorectal cancer in a sample from southeastern Brazil. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..0001). MMP-9 plasma expression was increased in patients with CRC compared to controls, particularly in those with the heterozygous -1562CT genotype. ..
- Diniz L, Neves V, Starke A, Barbosa M, Britto R, Ribeiro A. Safety of early performance of the six-minute walk test following acute myocardial infarction: a cross-sectional study. Braz J Phys Ther. 2017;21:167-174 pubmed publisher..None of the complications regarded as severe led to truly significant complications or death. The 6MWT was proven to be safe and feasible for early functional evaluation following uncomplicated AMI. ..
- Polese J, Ribeiro Samora G, Lana R, Rodrigues De Paula F, Teixeira Salmela L. Energy expenditure and cost of walking and stair climbing in individuals with chronic stroke. Braz J Phys Ther. 2017;21:192-198 pubmed publisher..During the 6MWT, the limited-community walkers demonstrated higher EC compared to the community walkers and controls. During the SCT, the limited-community walkers demonstrated higher EC, followed by the community walkers, and controls. ..
- Maia E, Costa B, Coelho F, Guimarães J, Fortaleza R, Claro R. [Analysis of TV food advertising in the context of recommendations by the Food Guide for the Brazilian Population]. Cad Saude Publica. 2017;33:e00209115 pubmed publisher..7% of the commercials, while fresh or minimally processed foods at around 7%. The findings run counter to the guide's recommendations, reinforcing the importance of measures to regulate food advertising in Brazil. ..
- Soares R, Romanelli P, Sandoval M, Salim M, Tavora J, Abelha D. Retroperitoneoscopy for treatment of renal and ureteral stones. Int Braz J Urol. 2005;31:111-6 pubmed..6%) patients and 1 case of conversion due to technical difficulty. Thirty-three patients (94%) became stone free. Retroperitoneoscopy is an effective, low-morbidity alternative for treatment of urinary stones. ..
- da Costa P, Brigatte M, Greco D. Antibodies to Rickettsia rickettsii, Rickettsia typhi, Coxiella burnetii, Bartonella henselae, Bartonella quintana, and Ehrlichia chaffeensis among healthy population in Minas Gerais, Brazil. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2005;100:853-9 pubmed..burnetii contrasted with higher rates of seropositivity for B. quintana, B. henselae, and E. chaffeensis. These results show that all tested rickettsial species or antigenically closely related possible exist in this particular region...
- Andrade G, Silveira R, Pinheiro N, Rocha E, Pittella J. [Cerebral amyloid angiopathy presenting as a brain tumor: case report]. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2006;64:153-6 pubmed..Biopsy revealed cerebral amyloid angiopathy. The clinical, radiological and pathological findings are discussed as we review the available literature. ..
- Silva T, Ribeiro F, Oliveira Neto H, Watanabe S, Alencar R, Fukada S, et al. Dual role of CCL3/CCR1 in oral squamous cell carcinoma: implications in tumor metastasis and local host defense. Oncol Rep. 2007;18:1107-13 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the CCL3/CCR1 axis may have a role in the spread of tumoral cells to the lymph nodes and also in the local host defense against the tumor. ..
- da Silva T, Batista A, Mendonça E, Leles C, Fukada S, Cunha F. Comparative expression of RANK, RANKL, and OPG in keratocystic odontogenic tumors, ameloblastomas, and dentigerous cysts. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2008;105:333-41 pubmed..Our results indicate differences in the RANK, RANKL, and OPG expression in odontogenic epithelial tumors. The imbalance of these factors could contribute to the differential bone/tooth resorption activity in these lesions. ..
- Giannetti A, Rodrigues R, Trivelato F. Venous lesions as a cause of sylvian aqueductal obstruction: case report. Neurosurgery. 2008;62:E1167-8; discussion E1168 pubmed publisher..The cases of two patients who presented with sylvian aqueductal obstruction caused by venous lesions (an ectatic vein and a developmental venous anomaly, which are uncommon causes of obstructive hydrocephalus) are reported...
- Nunes M, Barbosa M, Ribeiro A, Colosimo E, Rocha M. Left atrial volume provides independent prognostic value in patients with Chagas cardiomyopathy. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2009;22:82-8 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to identify echocardiographic parameters of diastolic function predictors of survival in patients with Chagas cardiomyopathy...
- Miranda D, Wajchenberg B, Calsolari M, Aguiar M, Silva J, Ribeiro M, et al. Novel mutations of the BSCL2 and AGPAT2 genes in 10 families with Berardinelli-Seip congenital generalized lipodystrophy syndrome. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2009;71:512-7 pubmed publisher..299G>A). We have demonstrated four novel mutations of the BSCL2 and AGPAT2 genes responsible for Berardinelli-Seip syndrome and Brunzell syndrome (AGPAT2-related syndrome). ..