Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Locale: Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Publications350 found, 100 shown here
- Ferreira Vieira T, Bastos C, Pereira G, Moreira F, Massensini A. A role for the endocannabinoid system in exercise-induced spatial memory enhancement in mice. Hippocampus. 2014;24:79-88 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that, at least in part, the promnesic effect of the exercise is dependent of CB1 receptor activation and is mediated by BDNF. ..
- Lima K, Vago J, Caux T, Negreiros Lima G, Sugimoto M, Tavares L, et al. The resolution of acute inflammation induced by cyclic AMP is dependent on annexin A1. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13758-13773 pubmed publisher..Our results show that AnxA1 is at least one of the endogenous determinants mediating the pro-resolving properties of cAMP-elevating agents and cAMP-mimetic drugs. ..
- Gazzinelli A, Oliveira Prado R, Matoso L, Veloso B, Andrade G, Kloos H, et al. Schistosoma mansoni reinfection: Analysis of risk factors by classification and regression tree (CART) modeling. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182197 pubmed publisher..We suggest that control measures that target heavily infected children in the most economically disadvantaged households would be most beneficial to maintain the success of mass chemotherapy campaigns. ..
- de Souza L, Koury M. Chemical and biological properties of endotoxin from Leptospira interrogans serovars canicola and icterohaemorrhagiae. Braz J Med Biol Res. 1992;25:467-75 pubmed..coli O111:B4 LPS. The PCP extract showed no cytotoxicity on chicken embryo fibroblasts and epithelial cells. 3. These results demonstrate that Leptospira endotoxin activity is similar to E. coli O111:B4 lipopolysaccharide...
- Camargos M, Stancek D, Rocha M, Lessa L, Reis J, Leite R. Partial sequencing of env gene of bovine leukaemia virus from Brazilian samples and phylogenetic analysis. J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health. 2002;49:325-31 pubmed..Based on the obtained data, the putative dendogram image of possible phylogenetic relations among the studied BLV strains is presented as well...
- Campos M, Rosinha G, Almeida I, Salgueiro X, Jarvis B, Splitter G, et al. Role of Toll-like receptor 4 in induction of cell-mediated immunity and resistance to Brucella abortus infection in mice. Infect Immun. 2004;72:176-86 pubmed..In conclusion, these results indicate that TLR4 plays a role in resistance to B. abortus infection and that S lipid A has potent adjuvant activity. ..
- da Costa P, Valle L, Brigatte M, Greco D. More about human monocytotropic ehrlichiosis in Brazil: serological evidence of nine new cases. Braz J Infect Dis. 2006;10:7-10 pubmed..One patient with FUO had AIDS and unexplained pancytopenia. The occurrence of human ehrlichiosis by E. chaffeensis remains to be proved in Brazil; the cases reported here highlight the possibility of such disease occurrence in Brazil. ..
- Saldanha J, Gargiulo D, Dourado L, Santiago H, Menezes G, Reis M, et al. Chronic antigen ingestion protects ovalbumin sensitized mice from severe manifestation of Leishmania major infection. Parasite Immunol. 2008;30:646-9 pubmed publisher..major infection. ..
- Dias J. Elimination of Chagas disease transmission: perspectives. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2009;104 Suppl 1:41-5 pubmed..Finally, a list of challenging open questions is presented about Chagas disease control, patient management, programme planning and priority definitions faced by researchers and politicians. ..
- Miranda A, Vieira L, Lacerda Queiroz N, Souza A, Rodrigues D, Vilela M, et al. Increased levels of glutamate in the central nervous system are associated with behavioral symptoms in experimental malaria. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2010;43:1173-7 pubmed..23 pmol/mg protein; infected: 301.4 ± 22.52 pmol/mg protein) of infected mice (P ? 0.05). These findings suggest a role of glutamate in the central nervous system dysfunction found in CM. ..
- De Angelis Campos A, Rodrigues M, de Andrade C, de Goes A, Nathanson M, Gomes D. Epidermal growth factor receptors destined for the nucleus are internalized via a clathrin-dependent pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;412:341-6 pubmed publisher..Movement of labeled EGF or EGFR to the nucleus depended upon dynamin and clathrin. This identifies the pathway that mediates the first steps for EGFR nuclear translocation in liver cells. ..
- Pinto H, Mati V, Melo A. Can the same species of Platynosomum (Trematoda: Dicrocoeliidae) infect both mammalian and avian hosts?. J Helminthol. 2016;90:372-6 pubmed publisher..illiciens in hosts is discussed briefly, based on the parasitological and morphological results obtained during the avian experimental platynosomiasis and the epidemiology and geographical distribution of this parasite. ..
- Mayrink W, Botelho A, Magalhães P, Batista S, Lima A, Genaro O, et al. Immunotherapy, immunochemotherapy and chemotherapy for American cutaneous leishmaniasis treatment. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2006;39:14-21 pubmed..9% and treatment length from 87 to 62 days, decreasing side effects...
- de Andrade H, Reis A, dos Santos S, Volpini A, Marques M, Romanha A. Use of PCR-RFLP to identify Leishmania species in naturally-infected dogs. Vet Parasitol. 2006;140:231-8 pubmed
- de Andrade R, Reis A, Gontijo C, Braga L, Rocha R, Araújo M, et al. Clinical value of anti-Leishmania (Leishmania) chagasi IgG titers detected by flow cytometry to distinguish infected from vaccinated dogs. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2007;116:85-97 pubmed..chagasi FC-AFPA-IgG and IgG2 to distinguish the serological reactivity of L. chagasi infected dogs from Leishmune vaccinees, which will further contribute for the differential diagnosis in the context of CVL immunoprophylaxis. ..
- Barsante M, Cunha T, Allegretti M, Cattani F, Policani F, Bizzarri C, et al. Blockade of the chemokine receptor CXCR2 ameliorates adjuvant-induced arthritis in rats. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;153:992-1002 pubmed
- Lambertucci J, Silva L, do Amaral R. Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of schistosomal myeloradiculopathy. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2007;40:574-81 pubmed..The present paper reviews current methods for the diagnosis of SMR and outlines protocols for treatment of the disease...
- Ferreira A, Castro C, Guatimosim S, Almeida P, Gomes E, Dias Peixoto M, et al. Attenuation of isoproterenol-induced cardiac fibrosis in transgenic rats harboring an angiotensin-(1-7)-producing fusion protein in the heart. Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis. 2010;4:83-96 pubmed publisher..To directly investigate the effects of Ang-(1-7) specifically in the heart, we generated and characterized transgenic (TG) rats which express an Ang-(1-7)-producing fusion protein driven by the alpha-MHC promoter...
- Andrade A, Dantas Torres F. Phlebotomine sand flies (Diptera: Psychodidae) of the state of Minas Gerais, Brazil. Neotrop Entomol. 2010;39:115-23 pubmed..An updated list of phlebotomine sand fly species occurring in Minas Gerais is provided. Finally, the importance of the species of public health concern is discussed. ..
- Lacerda T, Cardoso P, Augusto de Almeida L, Camargo I, Afonso D, Trant C, et al. Inactivation of formyltransferase (wbkC) gene generates a Brucella abortus rough strain that is attenuated in macrophages and in mice. Vaccine. 2010;28:5627-34 pubmed publisher..DeltawbkC mutant strains induced lower protective immunity in C56BL/6 than smooth vaccine S19 but similar to rough vaccine RB51. Finally, we demonstrated that Brucella wbkC is critical for LPS biosynthesis and full bacterial virulence...
- Torres B, Caldeira F, Gomes M, Serakides R, de Marco Viott A, Bertagnolli A, et al. Effects of dantrolene on apoptosis and immunohistochemical expression of NeuN in the spinal cord after traumatic injury in rats. Int J Exp Pathol. 2010;91:530-6 pubmed publisher..05). These results showed that dantrolene protects spinal cord tissue after traumatic SCI by decreasing apoptotic cell death. ..
- Drumond A, Meistrich M, Chiarini Garcia H. Spermatogonial morphology and kinetics during testis development in mice: a high-resolution light microscopy approach. Reproduction. 2011;142:145-55 pubmed publisher..The various details of the spermatogonial behavior in immature normal mice described in this study can be used as a baseline for further studies under experimental or pathological conditions. ..
- Ferreira A, Moraes P, Foureaux G, Andrade A, Santos R, Almeida A. The angiotensin-(1-7)/Mas receptor axis is expressed in sinoatrial node cells of rats. J Histochem Cytochem. 2011;59:761-8 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate that the ACE2/Ang-(1-7)/Mas axis is expressed in SAN cells of rats. They provide the morphological support to the anti-arrhythmogenic effect of Ang-(1-7). ..
- Campi Azevedo A, Cleto L, Silva R, Sousa Franco J, Magalhães J, Penaforte C, et al. Divergent cytokine response following maximum progressive swimming in hot water. Cell Biochem Funct. 2011;29:610-6 pubmed publisher..These alterations in the cytokine profile can be attributed in part to reduced exercise total work because exhaustion occurred sooner in mice swimming at 38°C than in those swimming at 31°C. ..
- Mota T, Lorenzo M. Lack of segregation between two species of Chagas disease vectors. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2012;87:109-16 pubmed publisher..megistus is more sensitive to insect density than T. infestans, whereas T. infestans shows higher sensitivity to illumination than P. megistus. Nevertheless, these species exploit shelters randomly without any apparent repellence. ..
- Leite E, Souza C, Carvalho Júnior A, Coelho L, Lana A, Cassali G, et al. Encapsulation of cisplatin in long-circulating and pH-sensitive liposomes improves its antitumor effect and reduces acute toxicity. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:5259-69 pubmed publisher..These findings showed that SpHL-CDDP allowed for the administration of higher doses of CDDP, significantly improving its antitumor effect. ..
- Soares A, Araújo R, Carvalho Tavares J, Gontijo N, Pereira M. Intravital microscopy and image analysis of Rhodnius prolixus (Hemiptera: Reduviidae) hematophagy: the challenge of blood intake from mouse skin. Parasitol Int. 2014;63:229-36 pubmed publisher..The method introduced in the present study to analyze the images brings new insights into the interaction between hematophagous vectors and their hosts, reinforcing the importance of insect saliva throughout the feeding process. ..
- Assis L, Crespo D, Morais R, FranÃ§a L, Bogerd J, Schulz R. INSL3 stimulates spermatogonial differentiation in testis of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Cell Tissue Res. 2016;363:579-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, hINSL3 seems to recruit Aund spermatogonia into differentiation, potentially mediating an Fsh effect on spermatogenesis. ..
- PentÃ³n Rol G, Lagumersindez Denis N, Muzio L, Bergami A, Furlan R, FernÃ¡ndez MassÃ³ J, et al. Comparative Neuroregenerative Effects of C-Phycocyanin and IFN-Beta in a Model of Multiple Sclerosis in Mice. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2016;11:153-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that C-Pc has significant therapeutic effects against EAE, mediated by the dynamic regulation of multiple biological processes. ..
- Maioli T, GonÃ§alves J, Miranda M, Martins V, Horta L, Moreira T, et al. High sugar and butter (HSB) diet induces obesity and metabolic syndrome with decrease in regulatory T cells in adipose tissue of mice. Inflamm Res. 2016;65:169-78 pubmed publisher..Therefore, HSB represents a novel model of obesity-inducing diet that was efficient in triggering alterations compatible with metabolic syndrome as well as impairment in immune regulatory parameters. ..
- Anjos Ramos L, Gama L, Mati V, CorÃ¡ L, Fujiwara R, Américo M. Evaluation of gastrointestinal transit after infection with different loads of Strongyloides venezuelensis in rats. Acta Trop. 2016;156:43-7 pubmed publisher..Despite parasitological data progressively decreased after 15 dpi, small intestinal transit worse over time and according to burden. ..
- de AragÃ£o B, Rodrigues H, ValadÃ£o P, Camargo W, Naves L, Ribeiro F, et al. Changes in structure and function of diaphragm neuromuscular junctions from BACHD mouse model for Huntington's disease. Neurochem Int. 2016;93:64-72 pubmed publisher..These results may contribute to a better understanding of peripheral cholinergic dysfunction in this neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Borges M, Figueiredo S, Leprevost F, de Lima M, Cordeiro M, Diniz M, et al. Venomous extract protein profile of Brazilian tarantula Grammostola iheringi: searching for potential biotechnological applications. J Proteomics. 2016;136:35-47 pubmed publisher..Using this bottom-up proteomic method, classical and non-classical venom proteins were identified which stimulate new interest in the systematic research of their protein components. ..
- Cornel A, Brisco K, Tadei W, Secundino N, Rafael M, Galardo A, et al. Anopheles darlingi polytene chromosomes: revised maps including newly described inversions and evidence for population structure in Manaus. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2016;111:335-46 pubmed publisher..No significant linkage disequilibrium was found between inversions on chromosome 2 and 3. We hypothesize that at least two sympatric subpopulations exist within the An. darlingi population at Manaus based on inversion frequencies. ..
- Malaquias L, Falcao P, Silveira A, Gazzinelli G, Prata A, Coffman R, et al. Cytokine regulation of human immune response to Schistosoma mansoni: analysis of the role of IL-4, IL-5 and IL-10 on peripheral blood mononuclear cell responses. Scand J Immunol. 1997;46:393-8 pubmed..These results suggested that IL-10 has an important role in the modulation of the immune response in chronic asymptomatic patients and that this cytokine may be an important factor in controlling morbidity. ..
- Gomes M, Pesquero J, Furst C, Valle P, Pesquero J, Silva E. An improved method to distinguish Entamoeba histolytica and Entamoeba dispar. Parasitology. 1999;119 ( Pt 4):359-62 pubmed..The method described here permits E. histolytica and E. dispar to be distinguished with greater sensitivity and rapidity...
- Teixeira S, DaRocha W. Control of gene expression and genetic manipulation in the Trypanosomatidae. Genet Mol Res. 2003;2:148-58 pubmed..Two of them are of particular interest in this postgenomic period: inducible systems to express foreign genes and specific inhibition of gene expression by RNA interference. ..
- Benhur Junior A, Serufo J, Lambertucci J. Pulmonary strongyloidiasis. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2004;37:359-60 pubmed
- Magalhães L, Garcia Cairasco N, Massensini A, Doretto M, Moraes M. Evidence for augmented brainstem activated forebrain seizures in Wistar Audiogenic Rats subjected to transauricular electroshock. Neurosci Lett. 2004;369:19-23 pubmed
- Bomfim M, Koury M. Evaluation of LSSP-PCR for identification of Leptospira spp. in urine samples of cattle with clinical suspicion of leptospirosis. Vet Microbiol. 2006;118:278-88 pubmed
- Silva D, Vianna H, Cortes S, Campagnole Santos M, Santos R, Lemos V. Evidence for a new angiotensin-(1-7) receptor subtype in the aorta of Sprague-Dawley rats. Peptides. 2007;28:702-7 pubmed..This effect is mediated by the activation of Ang-(1-7) receptors sensitive to D-Pro7-Ang-(1-7), but not to A-779, which suggests the existence of a different Ang-(1-7) receptor subtype. ..
- Pontes G, Bohman B, Unelius C, Lorenzo M. Metasternal gland volatiles and sexual communication in the triatomine bug, Rhodnius prolixus. J Chem Ecol. 2008;34:450-7 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that the MG secretions of R. prolixus may be involved in sexual communication. ..
- Freitas J, Andrade L, Pires S, Lima R, Chiari E, Santos R, et al. The MHC gene region of murine hosts influences the differential tissue tropism of infecting Trypanosoma cruzi strains. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5113 pubmed publisher..cruzi strains, which by its turn may be in a human infection the determinant for the clinical forms of the Chagas disease. ..
- dos Santos L, Santos M, de Souza Silva H, Arantes R, Nicoli J, Vieira L. Monoassociation with probiotic Lactobacillus delbrueckii UFV-H2b20 stimulates the immune system and protects germfree mice against Listeria monocytogenes infection. Med Microbiol Immunol. 2011;200:29-38 pubmed publisher..We conclude that monoassociation with L. delbrueckii UFV-H2b20 protects mice from death caused by L. monocytogenes infection by favoring effector responses while preventing their immunopathological consequences...
- Michalsky E, Guedes K, Lara e Silva F, França Silva J, Dias C, Barata R, et al. [Natural infection with Leishmania infantum chagasi in Lutzomyia (Lutzomyia) longipalpis (Diptera: Psychodidae) sandflies captured in the municipality of Janaúba, State of Minas Gerais, Brazil]. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2011;44:58-62 pubmed..longipalpis is involved in transmission of L. infantum chagasi in Janaúba, particularly in areas of intense transmission of visceral leishmaniasis. ..
- Mario E, Santos S, Ferreira A, Bader M, Santos R, Botion L. Angiotensin-(1-7) Mas-receptor deficiency decreases peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma expression in adipocytes. Peptides. 2012;33:174-7 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that the lack of angiotensin-(1-7) action through Mas receptor alters the response of adipocytes to insulin action. These effects might be related to decreased expression of PPAR?. ..
- Romero T, Guzzo L, Duarte I. Mu, delta, and kappa opioid receptor agonists induce peripheral antinociception by activation of endogenous noradrenergic system. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:1654-61 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that DAMGO, SNC80, or bremazocine induces peripheral antinociception by noradrenaline release and interaction with adrenoceptors. ..
- de Andrade J, de MacÃªdo Farias L, Ferreira J, Bruna Romero O, da GlÃ³ria de Souza D, de Carvalho M, et al. Sub-Inhibitory Concentration of Piperacillin-Tazobactam May be Related to Virulence Properties of Filamentous Escherichia coli. Curr Microbiol. 2016;72:19-28 pubmed publisher..coli in the murine model of intra-abdominal infection. In other words, the treatment of E. coli with sub-MIC of PTZ suggests a decrease in their virulence. ..
- Soares F, Silote G, Almeida Santos A, Aguiar D, Schenberg L, Beijamini V. Galanin microinjection into the dorsal periaqueductal gray matter produces paradigm-dependent anxiolytic effects. Brain Res Bull. 2016;121:42-7 pubmed publisher..e., avoidance of the open arms) without changing unconditioned fear (i.e., escape from the open arms). The present data suggest that galanin transmission in the dPAG inhibits the acquisition of anxiety-like responses in the ETM. ..
- Schneider F, de Almeida Lima S, Reis de Ãvila G, Castro K, Guerra Duarte C, Sanchez E, et al. Identification of protective B-cell epitopes of Atroxlysin-I: A metalloproteinase from Bothrops atrox snake venom. Vaccine. 2016;34:1680-7 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a rational basis for the identification of neutralizing epitopes on Atr-I snake venom toxin and show that the use of synthetic peptides could improve the generation of immuno-therapeutics. ..
- Costa A, Fagundes Moura C, Pereira V, Silva L, Vieira M, Santos R, et al. Angiotensin-(1-7): a novel peptide in the ovary. Endocrinology. 2003;144:1942-8 pubmed..The higher level of Ang-(1-7) in proestrus and estrus as well as in eCG-treated rats suggests the involvement of this renin-Ang system peptide in pre- and postovulatory events. ..
- Negrão Corrêa D, Pinho V, Souza D, Pereira A, Fernandes A, Scheuermann K, et al. Expression of IL-4 receptor on non-bone marrow-derived cells is necessary for the timely elimination of Strongyloides venezuelensis in mice, but not for intestinal IL-4 production. Int J Parasitol. 2006;36:1185-95 pubmed..venezuelensis is dependent on the activation of IL-4R and STAT6. Moreover, a functional protective response is dependent on the expression of IL-4Ralpha on non-bone marrow-derived cells...
- Gonçalves R, Lugnier C, Keravis T, Lopes M, Fantini F, Schmitt M, et al. The flavonoid dioclein is a selective inhibitor of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase type 1 (PDE1) and a cGMP-dependent protein kinase (PKG) vasorelaxant in human vascular tissue. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;620:78-83 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, dioclein may represent a new archetype to develop more specific PDE1 inhibitors. ..
- Barbosa R, Filho B, Dos Santos L, Junior P, Marques P, Pereira R, et al. Vaccination using recombinants influenza and adenoviruses encoding amastigote surface protein-2 are highly effective on protection against Trypanosoma cruzi infection. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61795 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results demonstrated the usefulness of recombinant influenza viruses in immunization protocols against Chagas Disease...
- Rosinha G, Freitas D, Miyoshi A, Azevedo V, Campos E, Cravero S, et al. Identification and characterization of a Brucella abortus ATP-binding cassette transporter homolog to Rhizobium meliloti ExsA and its role in virulence and protection in mice. Infect Immun. 2002;70:5036-44 pubmed..abortus exsA deletion mutant was used as a live vaccine. Challenge experiments revealed that the exsA mutant strain induced superior protective immunity in BALB/c mice compared to the protective immunity induced by strain S19 or RB51. ..
- Oliveira F, Andrade Neto V, Krettli A, Brandão M. New evidences of antimalarial activity of Bidens pilosa roots extract correlated with polyacetylene and flavonoids. J Ethnopharmacol. 2004;93:39-42 pubmed..The survival of the animals treated with 80% ethanol extract was higher than in the fractions. The results showed that the in vivo activity of ethanol extract depends on the presence of polyacetylene and flavonoids. ..
- Magalhães T, Gazzinelli G, Alvarez M, Lima e Silva F, Fraga L, Silveira A, et al. Comparative clinical and ultrasound study of egg-negative and egg-positive individuals from Schistosoma mansoni low morbidity endemic areas, and hospitalized patients with hepatosplenic disease. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2005;38:33-7 pubmed..The mean size of the spleen of G4 was significantly larger than that of the other three groups, and that of G3 larger than that of G1 and G2. ..
- Pacheco L, Zucconi E, Mati V, Garcia R, Miyoshi A, Oliveira S, et al. Oral administration of a live Aro attenuated Salmonella vaccine strain expressing 14-kDa Schistosoma mansoni fatty acid-binding protein induced partial protection against experimental schistosomiasis. Acta Trop. 2005;95:132-42 pubmed..Oogram studies showed diminished numbers of S. mansoni eggs in the intestinal wall of vaccinated mice, but individual female worm fecundity did not seem to be affected by our immunization protocol. ..
- Carvalho M, de Andrade A, Fontes C, Hueb M, de Oliveira Silva S, Melo M. Leishmania (Viannia) braziliensis is the prevalent species infecting patients with tegumentary leishmaniasis from Mato Grosso State, Brazil. Acta Trop. 2006;98:277-85 pubmed..V.) braziliensis samples from Mato Grosso. The importance of these results concerning the taxonomic status of New World Leishmania, and their implications for both clinical and epidemiological data is discussed. ..
- Castro C, Santos R, Ferreira A, Bader M, Alenina N, Almeida A. Effects of genetic deletion of angiotensin-(1-7) receptor Mas on cardiac function during ischemia/reperfusion in the isolated perfused mouse heart. Life Sci. 2006;80:264-8 pubmed..These results indicate that Mas plays an important role in cardiac function during ischemia/reperfusion which is in keeping with the cardiac and coronary effects previously described for Ang-(1-7). ..
- Pacifico L, Fonseca C, Barsante M, Cardoso L, Araujo M, Oliveira S. Aluminum hydroxide associated to Schistosoma mansoni 22.6 kDa protein abrogates partial protection against experimental infection but not alter interleukin-10 production. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2006;101 Suppl 1:365-8 pubmed..In conclusion, we did not observe the adjuvant effect of aluminum hydroxide associated with rSm22.6 in protective immunity. ..
- Rosa C, Pagnocca F, Lachance M, Ruivo C, Medeiros A, Pimentel M, et al. Candida flosculorum sp. nov. and Candida floris sp. nov., two yeast species associated with tropical flowers. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2007;57:2970-4 pubmed..floris belongs to the Starmerella clade. The type strain of C. flosculorum is UFMG-JL13(T) (=CBS 10566(T)=NRRL Y-48258(T)) and the type strain of C. floris is UWO(PS) 00-226.2(T) (=CBS 10593(T)=NRRL Y-48255(T))...
- Bartholomeu D, Ropert C, Melo M, Parroche P, Junqueira C, Teixeira S, et al. Recruitment and endo-lysosomal activation of TLR9 in dendritic cells infected with Trypanosoma cruzi. J Immunol. 2008;181:1333-44 pubmed..cruzi genome are likely to be main parasite targets and probably become available to TLR9 when parasites are destroyed in the lysosome-fused vacuoles during parasite invasion/uptake by phagocytes. ..
- Santos V, Gomes R, de Mesquita R, de Moura M, França E, de Aguiar E, et al. Efficacy of Brazilian propolis gel for the management of denture stomatitis: a pilot study. Phytother Res. 2008;22:1544-7 pubmed publisher..This new Brazilian propolis gel formulation had efficacy comparable to Daktarin and could be an alternative topical choice for the treatment of denture stomatitis. ..
- Villela M, Souza J, Melo V, Dias J. [Evaluation of the Chagas Disease Control Program and presence of Panstrongylus megistus in central-western Minas Gerais State, Brazil]. Cad Saude Publica. 2009;25:907-17 pubmed..As a whole, the findings strongly suggest the need to improve Chagas disease epidemiological surveillance in the region...
- Drummond M, Calzavara Silva C, D Astolfo D, Cardoso F, Rajão M, Mourão M, et al. Molecular characterization of the Schistosoma mansoni zinc finger protein SmZF1 as a transcription factor. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2009;3:e547 pubmed publisher..003) only when its specific binding site was present. Taken together, these results strongly support the hypothesis that SmZF1 acts as a transcription factor in S. mansoni. ..
- Villela M, Rodrigues V, Casanova C, Dias J. [Analysis on the food source of Panstrongylus megistus (Hemiptera, Reduviidae, Triatominae) and its present importance as a vector for Trypanosoma cruzi, in the State of Minas Gerais]. Rev Soc Bras Med Trop. 2010;43:125-8 pubmed..Investigation of the food source of triatomines helps in understanding the biology of these insects, and also helps to infer their importance in transmitting Trypanosoma cruzi to humans...
- Moreira F, Aguiar D, Resstel L, Lisboa S, Campos A, Gomes F, et al. Neuroanatomical substrates involved in cannabinoid modulation of defensive responses. J Psychopharmacol. 2012;26:40-55 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we also discuss results indicating that, in these regions, the endocannabinoid system could be particularly engaged by highly stressful situations. ..
- Stynen A, Lage A, Moore R, Rezende A, de Resende V, Ruy P, et al. Complete genome sequence of type strain Campylobacter fetus subsp. venerealis NCTC 10354T. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:5871-2 pubmed publisher..The complete sequencing and annotation of the genome of the type strain C. fetus subsp. venerealis NCTC 10354(T) are reported...
- Campos A, Moreira F, Gomes F, Del Bel E, Guimarães F. Multiple mechanisms involved in the large-spectrum therapeutic potential of cannabidiol in psychiatric disorders. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2012;367:3364-78 pubmed publisher..g. inhibition of adenosine uptake, inverse agonism at CB2 receptor, CB1 receptor antagonism, GPR55 antagonism, PPAR? receptors agonism, intracellular (Ca(2+)) increase, etc.), on CBD behavioural effects. ..
- Lima M, Pires W, Fonseca I, Fonseca C, Martinelli P, Wanner S, et al. Chronic sympathectomy of the caudal artery delays cutaneous heat loss during passive heating. Neurosci Lett. 2013;537:11-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that the sympathetic innervation of cutaneous vessels is essential for the precise regulation of tail heat loss. ..
- Domingos F, Thomé R, Martinelli P, Sato Y, Bazzoli N, Rizzo E. Role of HSP70 in the regulation of the testicular apoptosis in a seasonal breeding teleost Prochilodus argenteus from the São Francisco River, Brazil. Microsc Res Tech. 2013;76:350-6 pubmed publisher..argenteus in the São Francisco River. ..
- Silva R, D elia M, de Magalhães Soares D, Cavalcanti A, Leal R, Cavalcanti G, et al. Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea in an ocelot (Leopardus pardalis). Anaerobe. 2013;20:82-4 pubmed publisher..difficile as a potential pathogen for wild felids and suggests that the C. difficile-associated diarrhea should be considered in diarrhea cases, especially when the clinical signs began after antimicrobial use...
- Sousa L, Alessandri A, Pinho V, Teixeira M. Pharmacological strategies to resolve acute inflammation. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2013;13:625-31 pubmed publisher..Here, we will discuss mechanisms and therapeutic potential of pharmacological strategies, which accelerate resolution in animal models of acute inflammation by mimicking or inducing natural pathways of resolution phase of inflammation. ..
- Silveira K, Barroso L, Vieira A, Cisalpino D, Lima C, Bader M, et al. Beneficial effects of the activation of the angiotensin-(1-7) MAS receptor in a murine model of adriamycin-induced nephropathy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66082 pubmed publisher..Medications which target specifically the ACE2/Ang-(1-7)/Mas axis may offer new therapeutic opportunities to treat human nephropathies. ..
- de Avelar D, Facury Filho E, Linardi P. A new species of Tunga (Siphonaptera: Tungidae) parasitizing cattle from Brazil. J Med Entomol. 2013;50:679-84 pubmed
- de Morais Teixeira E, Gallupo M, Rodrigues L, Romanha A, Rabello A. In vitro interaction between paromomycin sulphate and four drugs with leishmanicidal activity against three New World Leishmania species. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2014;69:150-4 pubmed publisher..L) infantum chagasi. This work provides a preclinical dataset that supports future studies on multidrug treatment schedules against New World leishmaniasis. ..
- Madeira M, Queiroz Junior C, Costa G, Werneck S, Cisalpino D, Garlet G, et al. Platelet-activating factor receptor blockade ameliorates Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans-induced periodontal disease in mice. Infect Immun. 2013;81:4244-51 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study shows for the first time that the blockade of PAF receptor may contribute to the progression of PD triggered by A. actinomycetemcomitans by directly affecting the differentiation and activity of osteoclasts. ..
- Rajão M, Furtado C, Alves C, Passos Silva D, de Moura M, Schamber Reis B, et al. Unveiling benznidazole's mechanism of action through overexpression of DNA repair proteins in Trypanosoma cruzi. Environ Mol Mutagen. 2014;55:309-21 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that BZ preferentially oxidizes the nucleotide pool, and the extensive incorporation of oxidized nucleotides during DNA replication leads to potentially lethal double-stranded DNA breaks in T. cruzi DNA...
- Costa R, Matos L, Cantaruti T, de Souza K, Vaz N, Carvalho C. Systemic effects of oral tolerance reduce the cutaneous scarring. Immunobiology. 2016;221:475-85 pubmed publisher..Parenteral injection of an orally-tolerated protein has systemic consequences that impair the inflammatory response triggered by skin injury and reduce the cutaneous scarring. ..
- Santos P, Souza S, Freire Maia L, Almeida A. Effects of crotoxin on the isolated guinea pig heart. Toxicon. 1990;28:215-24 pubmed..It is suggested that the reduction of contractile force evoked by crotoxin is due probably to release of free fatty acids and lysophospholipids (initial effect) and to a cellular lesion (late effect). ..
- Duarte E, Resende J, Rosa C, Hamdan J. Prevalence of yeasts and mycelial fungi in bovine parasitic otitis in the State of Minas Gerais, Brazil. J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health. 2001;48:631-5 pubmed..1%) Rhodotorula mucilaginosa, two (4.4%) fungi of the genus Aspergillus and eight 'Micelia sterilia'. Future studies may confirm and elucidate the importance of these agents in the aetiology of bovine otitis. ..
- Carvalho S, Caldeira R, Simpson A, Vidigal T. Genetic variability and molecular identification of Brazilian Biomphalaria species (Mollusca: Planorbidae). Parasitology. 2001;123 Suppl:S197-209 pubmed..The method also proved to be efficient for the specific identification of DNA extracted from snail eggs. Recently we have sequenced the ITS2 region for phylogenetic studies of all Biomphalaria snails from Brazil. ..
- Faria Silva R, Duarte F, Santos R. Short-term angiotensin(1-7) receptor MAS stimulation improves endothelial function in normotensive rats. Hypertension. 2005;46:948-52 pubmed..Our data indicate that short-term stimulation of angiotensin(1-7) receptors improve endothelial function through facilitation of nitric oxide release. ..