Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on biopsy in São Paulo, Brazil
Locale: São Paulo, Brazil
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Almeida E, Caraça R, Adam R, Souza E, Metze K, Cintra M. Photodamage in feline skin: clinical and histomorphometric analysis. Vet Pathol. 2008;45:327-35 pubmed publisher..The results indicated a high level of skin hypersensitivity to sun rays in cats. The findings may be useful for clinical testing and in general veterinary pathology and dermatology. ..
- Mosca R, Marques M, Barbosa S, Marcucci M, Oliveira J, Lascala C. Odontoameloblastoma: report of two cases. Indian J Dent Res. 2009;20:230-4 pubmed publisher..In this study, we present two cases of OA, which we hope will contribute to the awareness and knowledge of surgeons regarding the existence of this odontogenic tumor so that patients having it may be treated and followed-up properly. ..
- Felício C, Parra E, Capelozzi V. Idiopathic and collagen vascular disease nonspecific interstitial pneumonia: clinical significance of remodeling process. Lung. 2007;185:39-46 pubmed..Patients with greater than 1.5% of elastic fibers comprise a subset with a high risk for dying due to NSIP and may be an appropriate target for prospective studies. ..
- Furuya C, de Oliveira C, de Mello E, Faintuch J, Raskovski A, Matsuda M, et al. Effects of bariatric surgery on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: preliminary findings after 2 years. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;22:510-4 pubmed..05). Aspects of NAFLD including steatohepatitis improved significantly with massive weight loss at 2 years after RYGB surgery. No patient in this series had progression of hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Azevedo R, Romañach M, de Almeida O, Mosqueda Taylor A, Vega Memije M, Carlos Bregni R, et al. Lichen sclerosus of the oral mucosa: clinicopathological features of six cases. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009;38:855-60 pubmed publisher..There is no effective curative treatment, but there are some options for patient management; and colchicine may be considered an additional choice. ..
- de Oliveira C, Velosa A, Parra E, Capelozzi V, Teodoro W, Yoshinari N. Histomorphometric analysis of cutaneous remodeling in the early stage of the scleroderma model. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2009;64:577-83 pubmed..Therapeutic protocols to avoid early remodeling of the skin may lead to promising treatments for SSc in the future. ..
- Parra E, Otani L, de Carvalho E, Ab Saber A, Capelozzi V. Systemic sclerosis and idiopathic interstitial pneumonia: histomorphometric differences in lung biopsies. J Bras Pneumol. 2009;35:529-40 pubmed
- Di Chiacchio N, Ruben B, Loureiro W. Longitudinal melanonychias. Clin Dermatol. 2013;31:594-601 pubmed publisher..Malignant lesions should be excised, and underlying infections should be addressed with antibiotics or antifungals. Benign lesions and hyperpigmentation may benefit from a wait-and-see approach. ..
- da Cunha Santos G, Saieg M. Preanalytic specimen triage: Smears, cell blocks, cytospin preparations, transport media, and cytobanking. Cancer Cytopathol. 2017;125:455-464 pubmed publisher..Cancer Cytopathol 2017;125(6 suppl):455-64. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Santos Machado T, Cristofani L, Almeida M, Maluf P, Costa P, Pereira M, et al. Disseminated Langerhans' cell histiocytosis and massive protein-losing enteropathy. Braz J Med Biol Res. 1999;32:1095-9 pubmed
- Fakhouri R, Sotto M, Manini M, Margarido L. Nodular leprosy of childhood and tuberculoid leprosy: a comparative, morphologic, immunopathologic and quantitative study of skin tissue reaction. Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis. 2003;71:218-26 pubmed..These circumstances might explain the good CMI response leading to high resistance, stability, and auto-resolution of nodular leprosy of childhood. ..
- Pagliari C, Fernandes E, Guedes F, Alves C, Sotto M. Role of mast cells as IL10 producing cells in paracoccidioidomycosis skin lesions. Mycopathologia. 2006;162:331-5 pubmed..brasiliensis in skin lesions with loose granuloma and a Th2 pattern of cytokines. Considering these results, mast cells could constitute a source of IL10, contributing to a non-effective response against fungal antigens. ..
- Velosa A, Teodoro W, de Oliveira C, Dos Santos Filho A, Moutinho R, Santos A, et al. Collagen V nasal tolerance in experimental model of systemic sclerosis. Arch Dermatol Res. 2007;299:177-89 pubmed..Collagen V nasal tolerance promotes regression of skin remodeling process in an experimental model of SSc. We suggest that nasal tolerance with type V collagen can be a promising therapeutic option to treat scleroderma patients. ..
- Cunha L, Primiano Júnior H, Nakashima A, Trein Júnior J, Ghanem R, Santo R, et al. [Subconjunctival deposit of silicone oil after vitreoretinal surgery]. Arq Bras Oftalmol. 2007;70:589-92 pubmed..Ophthalmologists should be aware of this possible complication after intraocular use of silicone oil after vitreoretinal surgery. ..
- Waisberg D, Parra E, Barbas Filho J, Fernezlian S, Capelozzi V. Increased fibroblast telomerase expression precedes myofibroblast ?-smooth muscle actin expression in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2012;67:1039-46 pubmed..These events seem to be regulated by basic fibroblast growth factor and interleukin-4 tissue expression, respectively. ..
- Nogueira I, Miszputen S, Ambrogini O, Artigiani Neto R, Carvente C, Zanon M. Assessment of the response of patients with Crohn's disease to biological therapy using new non-invasive markers: lactoferrin and calprotectin. Arq Gastroenterol. 2013;50:130-7 pubmed..01). Calprotectin and lactoferrin are not useful for monitoring inflammatory activity in Crohn's disease patients who are subjected to biological therapy. ..
- Nicolau S, Camargo C, Stávale J, Castelo A, Dôres G, Lorincz A, et al. Human papillomavirus DNA detection in male sexual partners of women with genital human papillomavirus infection. Urology. 2005;65:251-5 pubmed..Of the 50 male partners studied, 76% were HPV DNA positive. Histologic examination was an inaccurate method to diagnose HPV DNA infection in men; however, brushings detected HPV in 92.1% of the infected men. ..
- Gibelli N, Tannuri U, Mello E, Cançado E, Santos M, Ayoub A, et al. Successful treatment of de novo autoimmune hepatitis and cirrhosis after pediatric liver transplantation. Pediatr Transplant. 2006;10:371-6 pubmed
- Tengan C, Kiyomoto B, Godinho R, Gamba J, Neves A, Schmidt B, et al. The role of nitric oxide in muscle fibers with oxidative phosphorylation defects. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;359:771-7 pubmed..Our results indicate specific roles of NO in compensatory mechanisms of muscle fibers with mitochondrial deficiency and suggest the participation of nNOS in the signaling process of mitochondrial proliferation in human skeletal muscle. ..
- Olm M, Kögler J, Macchione M, Shoemark A, Saldiva P, Rodrigues J. Primary ciliary dyskinesia: evaluation using cilia beat frequency assessment via spectral analysis of digital microscopy images. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2011;111:295-302 pubmed publisher..All PCD patients presented bronchial wall thickening on chest computed tomography scans. The protocol and diagnostic techniques employed allowed us to diagnose PCD in 16% of patients in this study. ..
- Afonso J, Tomimori J, Michalany N, Nonogaki S, Porro A. Pruritic papular eruption and eosinophilic folliculitis associated with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection: a histopathological and immunohistochemical comparative study. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2012;67:269-75 pubmed publisher..In fact, these two inflammatory manifestations could be within the spectrum of the same disease because only quantitative, and not qualitative, differences were found. ..
- Carneiro Roza F, Medina Pestana J, Moscoso Solorzano G, Franco M, Ozaki K, Mastroianni Kirsztajn G. Initial response to immunosuppressive and renoprotective treatment in posttransplant glomerulonephritis. Transplant Proc. 2006;38:3491-7 pubmed..Immunosuppression seemed to give a better initial response than renoprotection in cases of membranous, IgA, and focal segmental glomulerulosclerosis PTxGN. Patients with an initial SCr > or = 2.5 mg/dL displayed worse outcomes. ..
- Benvenuti L, Roggério A, Freitas H, Mansur A, Fiorelli A, Higuchi M. Chronic American trypanosomiasis: parasite persistence in endomyocardial biopsies is associated with high-grade myocarditis. Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 2008;102:481-7 pubmed publisher..cruzi DNA. The survival time of the patients was not, however, found to be significantly associated with myocardial parasite persistence, any of the morphometric measurements taken, or the presence or intensity of myocarditis. ..
- Queiroz M, Nery M, Cancado E, Gianella Neto D, Liberman B. Prevalence of celiac disease in Brazilian children of short stature. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2004;37:55-60 pubmed..We conclude that it is important to test all children with short stature for celiac disease by measuring antiendomysial IgA. ..
- Cury E, Schraibman V, Faintuch S. Eosinophilic infiltration of the esophagus: gastroesophageal reflux versus eosinophilic esophagitis in children--discussion on daily practice. J Pediatr Surg. 2004;39:e4-7 pubmed..It explains the reason some patients do not respond to antacid and surgical treatment and remain symptomatic with esophagic lesions. In refractory cases of GERD, eosinophilic esophagitis must be considered before any surgical measure. ..
- Estevão R, Nazário A, Baracat E. Effect of oral contraceptive with and without associated estriol on ultrasound measurements of breast fibroadenoma: randomized clinical trial. Sao Paulo Med J. 2007;125:275-80 pubmed..The results confirm that estriol may block the protective effect of oral contraceptives on fibroadenomas, since we observed decreased fibroadenoma width among the group 1 patients but not the group 2 patients. ..
- Moscoso Solorzano G, Mastroianni Kirsztajn G, Ozaki K, Araujo S, Franco M, Pacheco Silva A, et al. Are the current chronic allograft nephropathy grading systems sufficient to predict renal allograft survival?. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2008;41:896-903 pubmed
- Mauad E, Silva T, Latorre M, Vieira R, Haikel R, Vazquez V, et al. Opportunistic screening for skin cancer using a mobile unit in Brazil. BMC Dermatol. 2011;11:12 pubmed publisher..It was observed that the MU can be a useful tool for early skin cancer diagnosis and treatment. This program probably is important, especially in developing countries with inadequate public health systems and social inequality. ..
- Jacomelli M, Silva P, Rodrigues A, Demarzo S, Seicento M, Figueiredo V. Bronchoscopy for the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in patients with negative sputum smear microscopy results. J Bras Pneumol. 2012;38:167-73 pubmed..The combination of TBB and BAL increases the sensitivity of the method and facilitates the differential diagnosis with other diseases. ..
- Leal R, Coy C, Velloso L, Dalal S, Portovedo M, Rodrigues V, et al. Autophagy is decreased in mesenteric fat tissue but not in intestinal mucosae of patients with Crohn's disease. Cell Tissue Res. 2012;350:549-52 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a defect in autophagy activation in the mesenteric fat tissue of CD individuals, which could be involved in the maintenance of the inflammatory process. ..
- Fiorelli A, Benvenuti L, Aielo V, Coelho A, Palazzo J, Rossener R, et al. Comparative analysis of the complications of 5347 endomyocardial biopsies applied to patients after heart transplantation and with cardiomyopathies: a single-center study. Transplant Proc. 2012;44:2473-8 pubmed publisher..Children also constitute a risk group for EMB due to their small size in addition to the heart disease. The risk of injury to the tricuspid valve was higher among the HT group. ..
- da Silva J, de Brito T, Cintra Damião A, Laudanna A, Sipahi A. Histologic study of colonic mucosa in patients with chronic diarrhea and normal colonoscopic findings. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2006;40:44-8 pubmed
- Teixeira M, da Silva F, Marcili A, Umezawa E, Shikanai Yasuda M, Cunha Neto E, et al. Short communication: Trypanosoma cruzi lineage I in endomyocardial biopsy from a north-eastern Brazilian patient at end-stage chronic Chagasic cardiomyopathy. Trop Med Int Health. 2006;11:294-8 pubmed..Our finding should alert clinicians to the possibility of severe Chagas disease in all regions where T. cruzi circulates, regardless of its lineage. ..
- Canzian M, de Matos Soeiro A, de Lima Taga M, Farhat C, Barbas C, Capelozzi V. Semiquantitative assessment of surgical lung biopsy: predictive value and impact on survival of patients with diffuse pulmonary infiltrate. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2007;62:23-30 pubmed..5 times in the presence of chronic histological changes. Detailed analysis of histological specimens can provide more than a nosological diagnosis: this approach can provide valuable information concerning prognosis. ..
- Tedesco Silva H, Szakaly P, Shoker A, Sommerer C, Yoshimura N, Schena F, et al. FTY720 versus mycophenolate mofetil in de novo renal transplantation: six-month results of a double-blind study. Transplantation. 2007;84:885-92 pubmed..Group 3: 62.5 ml/min). Although FTY720 with FDC provided adequate protection from acute rejection the safety profile was less favorable for adverse events than current standard immunosuppression in de novo renal transplant patients. ..
- Leite K, Camara Lopes L, Cury J, Dall oglio M, Sanudo A, Srougi M. Prostate cancer detection at rebiopsy after an initial benign diagnosis: results using sextant extended prostate biopsy. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2008;63:339-42 pubmed..9% (6/55), 5.9% (1/15) and 20% (1/4) of patients, respectively. ..
- Starling A, de Paula F, Silva H, Vainzof M, Zatz M. Calpainopathy: how broad is the spectrum of clinical variability?. J Mol Neurosci. 2003;21:233-6 pubmed..This family suggests that the clinical spectrum of calpainopathy might be broader and that this diagnosis might be considered in patients with an atypical motor neuron disease. ..
- Bispo Junior R, Camargo O, Oliveira C, Filippi R, Baptista A, Caiero M. Prognostic factors and expression of MDM2 in patients with primary extremity liposarcoma. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2008;63:157-64 pubmed..The immunoexpression of MDM2 protein was a frequent event in the different subtypes of liposarcomas. ..
- Magalhães R, Cruvinel G, Cintra G, Cintra M, Ismael A, de Moraes A. Diagnosis and follow-up of keratoacanthoma-like lesions: clinical-histologic study of 43 cases. J Cutan Med Surg. 2008;12:163-73 pubmed..Differential diagnosis was easier to determine after the 1-month follow up. Complete surgical excision should be indicated in nonregressing and growing lesions. ..
- Capelozzi V, Parra E, Ximenes M, Bammann R, Barbas C, Duarte M. Pathological and ultrastructural analysis of surgical lung biopsies in patients with swine-origin influenza type A/H1N1 and acute respiratory failure. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2010;65:1229-37 pubmed
- Vincenzi R, Neto J, Fonseca E, Pugliese V, Leite K, Benavides M, et al. Schistosoma mansoni infection in the liver graft: The impact on donor and recipient outcomes after transplantation. Liver Transpl. 2011;17:1299-303 pubmed publisher..Because of the parasite's life cycle and the therapeutic target of praziquantel, only donors should be treated for the infection. Three years of follow-up showed an uneventful recovery for the living donors. ..
- Maeda J, Moura A, Maruta C, Santi C, Prisayanh P, Aoki V. Changes in the autoimmune blistering response: a clinical and immunopathological shift from pemphigus foliaceus to bullous pemphigoid. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2006;31:653-5 pubmed..The occurrence of two autoimmune blistering conditions in the same patient is a rare event, and may suggest an intermolecular epitope-spreading phenomenon. ..
- Rondelli R, Dal Corso S, Simões A, Malaguti C. Methods for the assessment of peripheral muscle fatigue and its energy and metabolic determinants in COPD. J Bras Pneumol. 2009;35:1125-35 pubmed..With this understanding, rehabilitation strategies can be developed in order to improve the resistance to muscle fatigue in this population. ..
- Patriarca M, Barbosa de Moraes A, Nader H, Petri V, Martins J, Gomes R, et al. Hyaluronic acid concentration in postmenopausal facial skin after topical estradiol and genistein treatment: a double-blind, randomized clinical trial of efficacy. Menopause. 2013;20:336-41 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that both treatments may enhance HA concentration in postmenopausal skin but that estrogen produces results that are greater than those produced by isoflavones. ..
- Parra E, Teodoro W, Velosa A, de Oliveira C, Yoshinari N, Capelozzi V. Interstitial and vascular type V collagen morphologic disorganization in usual interstitial pneumonia. J Histochem Cytochem. 2006;54:1315-25 pubmed..We concluded that in the different temporal stages of UIP, vascular/parenchyma collagen type V is increased, in disarray, and is the most important predictor of survival. ..
- Barboza C, Jardim C, Hovnanian A, Dias B, Souza R. Pulmonary veno-occlusive disease: diagnostic and therapeutic alternatives. J Bras Pneumol. 2008;34:749-52 pubmed..Occult alveolar hemorrhage differentiates PVOD from idiopathic pulmonary hypertension. We believe that this finding, in combination with characteristic tomographic findings, is sufficient to establish a diagnosis of PVOD. ..
- Melo M, Cury P, Ronchi L, Gonçalves Filho F, Cunrath G, Netinho J. Terminal ileum of patients who underwent colonoscopy: endoscopic, histologic and clinical aspects. Arq Gastroenterol. 2009;46:102-6 pubmed
- Silva E, Vasconcellos L, Lara N, Veiga J, Lancellotti C, Shiozawa P. Stereotactic biopsy for intracranial lesions: clinical-pathological compatibility in 60 patients. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2009;67:1062-5 pubmed..The diagnosis rate was 95%. Stereotactic biopsy represents a safe and precise method for diagnosis. Anatomic and histopathological analyses have high compatibility with long-term clinical outcome. ..
- Anton C, Luiz A, Carvalho F, Baracat E, Carvalho J. Clinical treatment of vulvar Paget's disease: a case report. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2011;66:1109-11 pubmed
- Langner M, Machado R, Patrício F, Kawakami E. Evaluation of gastric histology in children and adolescents with Helicobacter pylori gastritis using the Update Sydney System. Arq Gastroenterol. 2009;46:328-32 pubmed..8%) patients, respectively, but they were not related to antral nodularity. Chronic active gastritis was observed in all patients with H. pylori infection. However, antral or corporeal predominance was not observed in most patients. ..
- Oliveira K, Malta F, Nastri A, Widman A, Faria P, Santana R, et al. Increased hepatic expression of miRNA-122 in patients infected with HCV genotype 3. Med Microbiol Immunol. 2016;205:111-7 pubmed publisher..412, pÂ =Â 0.036) and insulin (rÂ =Â 0.478, pÂ =Â 0.044). Lipid metabolism proteins and miR-122 expression levels have different relations in HCV-3- and HCV-1-infected patients. ..
- d Avila S, Pagliari C, Duarte M. The cell-mediated immune reaction in the cutaneous lesion of chromoblastomycosis and their correlation with different clinical forms of the disease. Mycopathologia. 2003;156:51-60 pubmed..The data obtained suggest that patients with lesion presented as verrucous plaque have a type Th2 immunological response, while patients with lesion presented as erythematous atrophic plaque have a type Th1 response...
- Nonogaki S, Wakamatsu A, Filho A, Roteli Martins C, Di Loreto C, Maeda M, et al. Molecular strategies for identifying human papillomavirus infection in routinely processed samples: focus on paraffin sections. J Low Genit Tract Dis. 2005;9:219-24 pubmed..Our PCR protocols worked reasonably well and allowed us to compare the three molecular methods with histological and cytological findings. The reproducibility of the results makes the technique applicable in archival materials. ..
- de Abreu M, Alchorne M, Michalany N, Weckx L, Pimentel D, Hirata C. The oral mucosa in paucibacillary leprosy: a clinical and histopathological study. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2007;103:e48-52 pubmed..Paucibacillary leprosy patients do not exhibit specific, clinical or subclinical, involvement in the oral mucosa; nonspecific alterations occur even in the absence of signs and symptoms. ..
- Martins H, Silva C, Martini D, Noronha I. Detection of B lymphocytes (CD20+) in renal allograft biopsy specimens. Transplant Proc. 2007;39:432-4 pubmed..Further analyses are required to determine whether the detection of CD20(+) cells in renal allograft biopsy specimens can be used as a prognostic marker. ..
- Crispim J, Grespan R, Martelli Palomino G, Rassi D, Costa R, Saber L, et al. Interleukin-17 and kidney allograft outcome. Transplant Proc. 2009;41:1562-4 pubmed publisher..06 pg/mL) in contrast, to the nonrejection group, (30 +/- 13.32 pg/mL) (P < .05). Healthy controls showed no detectable IL-17 levels. These findings suggested that IL-17 was important in the pathophysiology of acute kidney rejection. ..
- Figueira de Mello G, Ribeiro Carvalho C, Adib Kairalla R, Nascimento Saldiva P, Fernezlian S, Ferraz Silva L, et al. Small airway remodeling in idiopathic interstitial pneumonias: a pathological study. Respiration. 2010;79:322-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SAs are pathologically altered and may take part in the lung-remodeling process in idiopathic interstitial pneumonias. ..
- Cancela A, Oliveira R, Graciolli F, dos Reis L, Barreto F, Barreto D, et al. Fibroblast growth factor 23 in hemodialysis patients: effects of phosphate binder, calcitriol and calcium concentration in the dialysate. Nephron Clin Pract. 2011;117:c74-82 pubmed publisher..Fibroblast growth factor 23 (FGF23) concentrations increase early in chronic kidney disease (CKD), and the influence of current CKD-mineral and bone disorder (MBD) therapies on serum FGF23 levels is still under investigation...
- Stefano J, de Oliveira C, Corrêa Giannella M, Soares I, Kubrusly M, Bellodi Privato M, et al. Decreased immunoexpression of survivin could be a potential marker in human non-alcoholic fatty liver disease progression?. Liver Int. 2011;31:377-85 pubmed publisher..Survivin immunoexpression in NASH-related HCC is herein originally found substantially different than in HCC related to other causes, thus requiring further studies to elucidate the role of survivin in human NAFLD progression. ..
- North K, Wang C, Clarke N, Jungbluth H, Vainzof M, Dowling J, et al. Approach to the diagnosis of congenital myopathies. Neuromuscul Disord. 2014;24:97-116 pubmed publisher..As next generation sequencing becomes increasingly used as a diagnostic tool in clinical practise, these guidelines will assist in determining which sequence variations are likely to be pathogenic. ..
- Machado R, Viriato A, Kawakami E, Patrício F. The regular arrangement of collecting venules pattern evaluated by standard endoscope and the absence of antrum nodularity are highly indicative of Helicobacter pylori uninfected gastric mucosa. Dig Liver Dis. 2008;40:68-72 pubmed..To evaluate the accuracy of antrum nodularity and the regular arrangement of collecting venules for diagnosing Helicobacter pylori gastritis...
- Cocuzza M, Pagani R, Lopes R, Athayde K, Lucon A, Srougi M, et al. Use of subinguinal incision for microsurgical testicular biopsy during varicocelectomy in men with nonobstructive azoospermia. Fertil Steril. 2009;91:925-8 pubmed publisher..This technique may be an attractive alternative to traditional biopsy because it obviates scrotal violation. ..
- Matos K, Manso P, Marback E, Furlanetto R, Alberti G, Nose V. Protein expression of VEGF, IGF-1 and FGF in retroocular connective tissues and clinical correlation in Graves' ophthalmopathy. Arq Bras Oftalmol. 2008;71:486-92 pubmed..To investigate the immunohistochemical expression (IGF-1, EGFr, EGF, c-erbB-2/HER-2/neu, PDGF-A, PDGF-B, FGF and VEGF) in patients with Graves' ophthalmopathy...
- Sallum A, Kiss M, Silva C, Wakamatsu A, Sachetti S, Lotufo S, et al. MHC class I and II expression in juvenile dermatomyositis skeletal muscle. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2009;27:519-26 pubmed..MHC I expression in muscle fibres is a premature and late marker of JDM patient independent to corticotherapy, and MHC II expression was lower in JDM than in PM and DM. ..
- Albano L, Rivitti C, Bertola D, Honjo R, Kelmann S, Giugliani R, et al. Angiokeratoma: a cutaneous marker of Fabry's disease. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2010;35:505-8 pubmed publisher..Three patients were identified. Dermatologists should be aware of this prominent early feature and investigate unexplained cutaneous vascular lesions to detect FD...
- Pimenta e Souza D, Loureiro C, Falchet P, Leandro L, Raitz R. Synovial chondromatosis of the temporomandibular joint: an asymptomatic case report and literature review. Cranio. 2010;28:67-71 pubmed..A case report is presented here with a brief literature review, where surgical removal was the therapy of choice, calling attention to the absence of symptoms and some signals, which may mislead final diagnosis...
- de Matos A, Câmara N, Tonato E, Durão Júnior M, Franco M, Moura L, et al. Vimentin expression and myofibroblast infiltration are early markers of renal dysfunction in kidney transplantation: an early stage of chronic allograft dysfunction?. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:3482-8 pubmed publisher..3 (P = .033) and 9.8 (P = .015), respectively. Fibrogenesis mechanisms occur very early after transplantation and are risk factors for long-term renal function deterioration. ..
- Crispim J, Wastowski I, Rassi D, Mendes Junior Silva C, Bassi C, Castelli E, et al. Interferon-? +874 polymorphism in the first intron of the human interferon-? gene and kidney allograft outcome. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:4505-8 pubmed publisher..0061). Homozygous genotype T/T was associated with increased levels of INF-? and greater numbers among the rejection and CAN cohorts. ..
- Gallo C, Borra R, Rodini C, Nunes F, Sugaya N. CC chemokine ligand 3 and receptors 1 and 5 gene expression in recurrent aphthous stomatitis. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2012;114:93-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the increased expression of CCL3, CCR1, and CCR5 may influence the immune response in RAS by T(H)1 cytokine polarization. ..
- Hernandes F, Canziani M, Barreto F, Santos R, Moreira V, Rochitte C, et al. The shift from high to low turnover bone disease after parathyroidectomy is associated with the progression of vascular calcification in hemodialysis patients: A 12-month follow-up study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174811 pubmed publisher
- Sirohi D, Smith S, Epstein J, Balzer B, Simko J, Balitzer D, et al. Pericytic tumors of the kidney-a clinicopathologic analysis of 17 cases. Hum Pathol. 2017;64:106-117 pubmed publisher..Taken with the experience of others, our series further corroborates that malignant behavior is rare, and that criteria associated with aggression among soft tissue pericytic tumors may not be predictive for those in the kidney. ..
- Abe K, Lino A, Hirata M, Pavanello R, Brotto M, Marchiori P, et al. A novel stop codon mutation in the PMP22 gene associated with a variable phenotype. Neuromuscul Disord. 2004;14:313-20 pubmed
- Vuono I, Zanoteli E, de Oliveira A, Fujita R, Pignatari S, Pizarro G, et al. Histological analysis of palatopharyngeal muscle from children with snoring and obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2007;71:283-90 pubmed
- Menta Simonsen Nico M, Rivitti E, Lourenço S. Actinic cheilitis: histologic study of the entire vermilion and comparison with previous biopsy. J Cutan Pathol. 2007;34:309-14 pubmed..Few studies of actinic cheilitis analyzed the entire lip vermilion searching for microscopic areas of progressing carcinoma...
- Tuon F, Duarte M, Amato V. A quantitative and morphometric study of mast cells in cutaneous leishmaniasis. Parasite Immunol. 2008;30:641-5 pubmed publisher..The MCs count was higher in patients with earlier healing after treatment (P < 0.05). Conclusion MC can be important in CL and related with healing lesion...
- Werneck Silva A, Prado I. Role of upper endoscopy in diagnosing opportunistic infections in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:1050-6 pubmed..This review provides an update of the role of endoscopy in diagnosing OI in the upper gastrointestinal tract in HIV-infected patients in the era of HAART...
- Sementilli A, Franco M. Renal acute cellular rejection: correlation between the immunophenotype and cytokine expression of the inflammatory cells in acute glomerulitis, arterial intimitis, and tubulointerstitial nephritis. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:1671-6 pubmed publisher..We also compared the glomerular ICE with that in acute tubulointerstitial rejection and in arterial intimal inflammation...
- Egydio F, Ribeiro D, Noguti J, Tufik S, Andersen M. Influence of sleep deprivation and morphine on the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 in skin of hairless mice. Toxicol Mech Methods. 2012;22:577-83 pubmed publisher..Sleep deprivation did not modulate outcomes induced by morphine. Morphine, not sleep loss, induces cyclooxygenase-2 and nitric oxide synthase immunoexpression in the skin of hairless mice. ..
- Marques S, Silvares M, Camargo R, Marques M. Cutaneous histoplasmosis disclosing an HIV-infection. An Bras Dermatol. 2013;88:420-3 pubmed publisher..Histoplasmosis is an AIDS-defining opportunistic disease process; therefore, its clinical diagnosis must drive full laboratory investigation looking for unnoted HIV-infection. ..
- Vaisbich M, Braga A, Gabrielle M, Bueno C, Piazzon F, Kok F. Thrombotic microangiopathy caused by methionine synthase deficiency: diagnosis and treatment pitfalls. Pediatr Nephrol. 2017;32:1089-1092 pubmed publisher..We report the second case of MSD associated to TMA previously diagnosed as aHUS in which the patient had a poor response to eculizumab. ..
- Pereira C, Kiyomoto B, Cardoso R, Oliveira A. Duchenne muscular dystrophy: alpha-dystroglycan immunoexpression in skeletal muscle and cognitive performance. Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2005;63:984-9 pubmed..No significant statistical relationship was demonstrated among total IQ, verbal IQ and execution IQ and alpha-DG immunostaining at these patients muscle samples. ..
- Kiyomoto B, Tengan C, Costa C, Oliveira A, Schmidt B, Gabbai A. Frequency of dystrophic muscle abnormalities in chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia: analysis of 86 patients. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2006;77:541-3 pubmed..A recent study suggested that dystrophic features are frequent in patients with chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia (CPEO) with a high mutation load, but the actual frequency of these abnormalities in CPEO remains undetermined...
- Jorgetti V. Review article: Bone biopsy in chronic kidney disease: patient level end-point or just another test?. Nephrology (Carlton). 2009;14:404-7 pubmed publisher..In this review we focus on the relevance of bone biopsy and its respective histomorphometric analysis to help nephrologists to evaluate patients with chronic kidney disease. ..
- Laurentino G, Ugrinowitsch C, Roschel H, Aoki M, Soares A, Neves M, et al. Strength training with blood flow restriction diminishes myostatin gene expression. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2012;44:406-12 pubmed publisher..These responses may be related to the concomitant decrease in MSTN and increase in FLST isoforms, GASP-1, and SMAD-7 mRNA gene expression. ..
- Naves M, Requião Moura L, Soares M, Silva Júnior J, Mastroianni Kirsztajn G, Teixeira V. Podocyte Wnt/ß-catenin pathway is activated by integrin-linked kinase in clinical and experimental focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. J Nephrol. 2012;25:401-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that activation of ILK activated the Wnt signaling pathway in damaged podocytes. This phenomenon could have an important role in development and/or progression of clinical and experimental FSGS. ..
- Andrade G, Fujise L, Santana J, Oliveira F, Silva R. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in different populations: A clinical and epidemiological study - sample of São José do Rio Preto. Rev Assoc Med Bras (1992). 2016;62:218-26 pubmed publisher..This underscores the importance of metabolic control in NAFLD and confirms its role as the hepatic component of metabolic syndrome. ..