Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Liège, Wallonia, Belgium
Locale: Liège, Wallonia, Belgium
Publications384 found, 100 shown here
- O CONNOR K, Magne J, Rosca M, Pierard L, Lancellotti P. Impact of aortic valve stenosis on left atrial phasic function. Am J Cardiol. 2010;106:1157-62 pubmed publisher..Active LA dysfunction is related to the severity of AS and late left ventricular diastolic function. ..
- Wauters O, Lebas E, Nikkels A. Chronic mucocutaneous herpes simplex virus and varicella zoster virus infections. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2012;66:e217-27 pubmed publisher..With few exceptions, CHSV and CVZV infections do not constitute significant risk factors for disseminated cutaneous or systemic infection. This review compares the similarities of and differences between CHSV and CVZV infections. ..
- Moutschen P, Bourhaba M, Frippiat F, Giot J, Meuris C, Leonard P, et al. A pauci-symptomatic case of documented Hantavirus (Puumala) infection in a patient under anti-TNF treatment. J Clin Virol. 2011;50:247-8 pubmed publisher..The case illustrates that anti-TNF treatment does not worsen the course of Puumala infection and could even be associated with a milder clinical picture. ..
- Tichomirowa M, Barlier A, Daly A, Jaffrain Rea M, Ronchi C, Yaneva M, et al. High prevalence of AIP gene mutations following focused screening in young patients with sporadic pituitary macroadenomas. Eur J Endocrinol. 2011;165:509-15 pubmed publisher..7% of patients <30 years with sporadic pituitary macroadenomas and in 20.5% of pediatric patients. AIPmut mutation testing in this population should be considered in order to optimize clinical genetic investigation and management. ..
- De Bonis M, Al Attar N, Antunes M, Borger M, Casselman F, Falk V, et al. Surgical and interventional management of mitral valve regurgitation: a position statement from the European Society of Cardiology Working Groups on Cardiovascular Surgery and Valvular Heart Disease. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:133-9 pubmed publisher
- Daly A, Yuan B, Fina F, Caberg J, Trivellin G, Rostomyan L, et al. Somatic mosaicism underlies X-linked acrogigantism syndrome in sporadic male subjects. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2016;23:221-33 pubmed publisher..3. Somatic mosaicism was shown to occur in sporadic males but not in females with XLAG syndrome, although the clinical characteristics of the disease were similarly severe in both sexes. ..
- Lempereur M, Aminian A, Freixa X, Gafoor S, Shakir S, Omran H, et al. Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation and Previous Major Gastrointestinal Bleeding (from the Amplatzer Cardiac Plug Multicenter Registry). Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:414-420 pubmed publisher..Periprocedural major bleeding events were more frequent in this specific population although the annual major bleeding rate showed a 20.1% relative risk reduction according to the HAS-BLED score. ..
- Coste C, Neirinckx V, Sharma A, Agirman G, Rogister B, Foguenne J, et al. Human bone marrow harbors cells with neural crest-associated characteristics like human adipose and dermis tissues. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177962 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the phenotypic characterization and migration abilities strongly suggest the presence of neural crest-derived cells in human adult bone marrow. ..
- Goffin V, Hermanns Le T, Pierard Franchimont C, Pierard G. [How I explore ... an enlarged red leg]. Rev Med Liege. 2004;59:155-7 pubmed..The most frequent cause is erysipelas or a thrombophlebitis. Some vascular malformations and some functional circulatory disturbances are also possible, as well as sequelae of panniculitis or borreliosis. ..
- Laurent S, Detroz B, Detry O, Degauque C, Honore P, Meurisse M. Laparoscopic sigmoidectomy for fistulized diverticulitis. Dis Colon Rectum. 2005;48:148-52 pubmed..Few studies report results of laparoscopic surgery in complicated diverticulitis. This study was designed to analyze the results of laparoscopic sigmoidectomy in patients with fistulized sigmoiditis...
- Hans G, Wislet Gendebien S, Lallemend F, Robe P, Rogister B, Belachew S, et al. Peripheral benzodiazepine receptor (PBR) ligand cytotoxicity unrelated to PBR expression. Biochem Pharmacol. 2005;69:819-30 pubmed..They however confirm that some of these ligands are very effective cytotoxic drugs towards various cancer cells, even for reputed chemoresistant tumors such as neuroblastoma, and, surprisingly, also for PBR-lacking tumor cells. ..
- van Wijk F, Staecker H, Keithley E, Lefebvre P. Local perfusion of the tumor necrosis factor alpha blocker infliximab to the inner ear improves autoimmune neurosensory hearing loss. Audiol Neurootol. 2006;11:357-65 pubmed
- Hermanns Le T, Pierard G. Collagen fibril arabesques in connective tissue disorders. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2006;7:323-6 pubmed..The abnormal collagen fibril conformations observed in EDS and other related conditions characterized by tissue fragility likely affect both the internal cohesiveness of the bundles and the mechanobiologic properties of the tissue. ..
- Seumois G, Fillet M, Gillet L, Faccinetto C, Desmet C, Francois C, et al. De novo C16- and C24-ceramide generation contributes to spontaneous neutrophil apoptosis. J Leukoc Biol. 2007;81:1477-86 pubmed
- Legrain C, Hans G, Defresne A, Honore C, Lewin M, Kurth W, et al. Pulmonary embolism in a trauma patient with liver and orthopedic injuries. Acta Anaesthesiol Belg. 2009;60:259-62 pubmed..Low-molecular-weight heparin administration had been delayed for 72 hours after admission due to the liver injury. Risk factors for bleeding and thromboembolism in trauma patients with liver injury are discussed. ..
- Lancellotti P, Donal E, Magne J, Moonen M, O CONNOR K, Daubert J, et al. Risk stratification in asymptomatic moderate to severe aortic stenosis: the importance of the valvular, arterial and ventricular interplay. Heart. 2010;96:1364-71 pubmed publisher..In asymptomatic patients with moderate to severe AS, measurements that integrate the ventricular, vascular and valvular components of the disease improve risk stratification. ..
- Daly A, Tichomirowa M, Petrossians P, Heliövaara E, Jaffrain Rea M, Barlier A, et al. Clinical characteristics and therapeutic responses in patients with germ-line AIP mutations and pituitary adenomas: an international collaborative study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:E373-83 pubmed publisher..The clinical and therapeutic features of AIPmut-associated pituitary adenomas have not been studied comprehensively...
- Sandor C, Li W, Coppieters W, Druet T, Charlier C, Georges M. Genetic variants in REC8, RNF212, and PRDM9 influence male recombination in cattle. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002854 pubmed publisher..We fine-map three QTL and present strong evidence that genetic variants in REC8 and RNF212 influence genome-wide recombination rate, while genetic variants in PRDM9 influence genome-wide hotspot usage...
- Grosdent S, Demoulin C, Souchet M, Tomasella M, Crielaard J, Vanderthommen M. Trunk muscle profile in elite tennis players with and without low back pain. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2015;55:1354-62 pubmed..In order to confirm that trunk muscle imbalance has no influence on LBP, further studies should study the effectiveness of a programme aiming to normalize strength ratios in tennis players with LBP. ..
- De Voeght A, Martens H, Renard C, Vaira D, Debruche M, Simonet J, et al. Exploring the link between innate immune activation and thymic function by measuring sCD14 and TRECs in HIV patients living in Belgium. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185761 pubmed publisher..We found a statistically relevant negative correlation between thymopoiesis (sjTREC) and sCD14 level (p = 0.004). These results suggest a link between thymic function failure, microbial translocation and innate immune activation...
- Daele J. [Medical treatment of vasomotor and allergic rhinitis]. Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg. 1993;47:231-46 pubmed..There are different warp for the successful management of allergic and vasomotor rhinitis. These are: allergen avoidance with environmental control measures, pharmacotherapy and immunotherapy...
- Martinot Randoux G. [Rehabilitation of the mouth-breathing child]. Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg. 1993;47:273-5 pubmed..Myotherapy requires neuromuscular rehabilitation and is also a treatment for a more expressive speech. Rehabilitation procedures are listed...
- Jorissen M, Eloy P, Rombaux P, Bachert C, Daele J. Endoscopic sinus surgery for juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma. Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg. 2000;54:201-19 pubmed..In conclusion, the endoscopic approach is an acceptable alternative in small to middle sized juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma...
- Richy F, Bruyere O, Ethgen O, Cucherat M, Henrotin Y, Reginster J. Structural and symptomatic efficacy of glucosamine and chondroitin in knee osteoarthritis: a comprehensive meta-analysis. Arch Intern Med. 2003;163:1514-22 pubmed
- Verhelle N, Vranckx J, Van den hof B, Heymans O. Bone exposure in the leg: is a free muscle flap mandatory?. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005;116:170-7; discussion 178-81 pubmed..This flap seems to have fewer medical complications, requires a shorter operative time and hospital stay, and can provide better aesthetic results than a free muscle flap. ..
- Quaniers J, Leruth J, Albert A, Limet R, Defraigne J. Comparison of inflammatory responses after off-pump and on-pump coronary surgery using surface modifying additives circuit. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;81:1683-90 pubmed..Except for the complement system and elastase, on-pump surgery with SMA-coated circuits did not elicit any greater inflammatory response than off-pump surgery. ..
- Nikkels A, Pierard G. [Recurrent labial herpes. How to treat and prevent it best]. Rev Med Liege. 2006;61:442-7 pubmed..The management of recurrent labial herpes currently relies on the identification and possible avoidance of triggering factors, and on the use of antiviral agents. There is no curative treatment available so far...
- Quatresooz P, Pierard G. Cutaneous spherulosis (myospherulosis). Am J Clin Dermatol. 2007;8:117-9 pubmed
- Lemaire V, Boulanger K, Heymans O. Free flaps for pressure sore coverage. Ann Plast Surg. 2008;60:631-4 pubmed publisher..Comparison between pedicled and free flaps groups showed a trend in the latest concerning the presence of diabetes, incontinence, paraplegia, and male sex. ..
- Quatresooz P, Pierard Franchimont C, Pierard G. Molecular histology on the diagnostic cutting edge between malignant melanomas and cutaneous melanocytomas (Review). Oncol Rep. 2009;22:1263-7 pubmed..However, some differences seem to be more statistically significant than clinically useful due to extensive overlap in immunoreactivity from any case to case. A multipronged immunohistological screening is therefore welcome. ..
- Pirotte B, Francotte P, Goffin E, Fraikin P, Danober L, Lesur B, et al. Ring-fused thiadiazines as core structures for the development of potent AMPA receptor potentiators. Curr Med Chem. 2010;17:3575-82 pubmed..Recent advances exploring other chemotypes in the field of AMPA potentiators is the object of a separate review of the present issue. ..
- Bonhomme V, Uutela K, Hans G, Maquoi I, Born J, Brichant J, et al. Comparison of the surgical Pleth Index™ with haemodynamic variables to assess nociception-anti-nociception balance during general anaesthesia. Br J Anaesth. 2011;106:101-11 pubmed publisher..SPI, HR, and MAP are of comparable value at gauging noxious stimulation-CeREMI balance. Their interpretation is improved by taking account of IVS, treatment for chronic high arterial pressure, and concordance between their predictions. ..
- Guiot J, Henket M, Corhay J, Moermans C, Louis R. Sputum biomarkers in IPF: Evidence for raised gene expression and protein level of IGFBP-2, IL-8 and MMP-7. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0171344 pubmed publisher..001) but not to HS. Our data show clear increase in expression and production of IGFBP-2, IL-8 and MMP-7 in sputum from patients with IPF that may contribute to the disease. ..
- Maione L, Brue T, Beckers A, Delemer B, Petrossians P, Borson Chazot F, et al. Changes in the management and comorbidities of acromegaly over three decades: the French Acromegaly Registry. Eur J Endocrinol. 2017;176:645-655 pubmed publisher..The incidence of comorbidities following diagnosis of acromegaly is very low. Life expectancy is now close to that of the general population, probably owing to better management of the GH/IGF-I excess and comorbidities. ..
- Schnekenburger M, Goffin E, Lee J, Jang J, Mazumder A, Ji S, et al. Discovery and Characterization of R/S-N-3-Cyanophenyl-N'-(6-tert-butoxycarbonylamino-3,4-dihydro-2,2-dimethyl-2H-1-benzopyran-4-yl)urea, a New Histone Deacetylase Class III Inhibitor Exerting Antiproliferative Activity against Cancer Cell Lines. J Med Chem. 2017;60:4714-4733 pubmed publisher..In summary, compound 18 is the first representative of a new class of SIRT inhibitors opening new perspectives in the medicinal chemistry of HDAC inhibitors. ..
- Van Cauwenberge H, Ruhwiedel M, Albert A, Franchimont P. Comparative study of tilidine-naloxone and pentazocine in knee and hip osteoarthritis. Int J Clin Pharmacol Res. 1992;12:1-9 pubmed..Similar quantities of drugs were taken over the study period, while patients were allowed to take as many as 8 capsules per day to relieve pain. There were quite equivalent side-effects and no marked changes in laboratory tests. ..
- Hermanns Le T, Uhoda I, Pierard Franchimont C, Pierard G. Factor XIII a-positive dermal dendrocytes and shear wave propagation in human skin. Eur J Clin Invest. 2002;32:847-51 pubmed..Factor XIII a expression in human DD may be partially regulated by the intrinsic resting tensions in the skin. ..
- Nchimi A, Francotte N, Rausin L, Khamis J. Case 61: ileocecal sarcoidosis. Radiology. 2003;228:452-5 pubmed
- Quatresooz P, Kharfi M, Paquet P, Vroome V, Cauwenbergh G, Pierard G. Healing effect of ketanserin on chronic leg ulcers in patients with diabetes. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2006;20:277-81 pubmed..A significant decrease in relative wound area was observed on the ketanserin-treated ulcers compared with the placebo group. Topical ketanserin is a valuable therapy for difficult-to-treat leg ulcers. ..
- Mutesa L, Azad A, Verhaeghe C, Segers K, Vanbellinghen J, Ngendahayo L, et al. Genetic analysis of Rwandan patients with cystic fibrosis-like symptoms: identification of novel cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator and epithelial sodium channel gene variants. Chest. 2009;135:1233-1242 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these last three ENaC variants, p.V348M, p.T577T, and c.1176 + 30G>C, were not found in the control group. Our data suggest that CF-like syndrome in Africa could be associated with CFTR and ENaC mutations. ..
- Germain S, Adam S, Olivier C, Cash H, Ousset P, Andrieu S, et al. Does cognitive impairment influence burden in caregivers of patients with Alzheimer's disease?. J Alzheimers Dis. 2009;17:105-14 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that although the strongest determinant of the caregiver burden is behavioral disturbance, the impact of the degree of cognitive impairment on burden is also significant. ..
- Preiser J, Devos P, Ruiz Santana S, Melot C, Annane D, Groeneveld J, et al. A prospective randomised multi-centre controlled trial on tight glucose control by intensive insulin therapy in adult intensive care units: the Glucontrol study. Intensive Care Med. 2009;35:1738-48 pubmed publisher..4-6.1 mmol/L), associated with an increased incidence of hypoglycaemia, as compared to a 7.8-10.0 mmol/L target. (ClinicalTrials.gov # NCT00107601, EUDRA-CT Number: 200400391440). ..
- Bonnomet A, Brysse A, Tachsidis A, Waltham M, Thompson E, Polette M, et al. Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transitions and circulating tumor cells. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia. 2010;15:261-73 pubmed publisher..The relationships between EMT and CTCs remain largely unexplored, and we review here in vitro and in vivo data supporting a putative role of EMT processes in CTC generation and survival. ..
- Magis D, Bruno M, Fumal A, Gérardy P, Hustinx R, Laureys S, et al. Central modulation in cluster headache patients treated with occipital nerve stimulation: an FDG-PET study. BMC Neurol. 2011;11:25 pubmed publisher..PET studies on larger samples are warranted to confirm these first results. ..
- Reginster J, Kaufman J, Goemaere S, Devogelaer J, Benhamou C, Felsenberg D, et al. Maintenance of antifracture efficacy over 10 years with strontium ranelate in postmenopausal osteoporosis. Osteoporos Int. 2012;23:1115-22 pubmed publisher..Our results also support the maintenance of antifracture efficacy over 10 years with strontium ranelate. ..
- Jansen O, Tits M, Angenot L, Nicolas J, De Mol P, Nikiema J, et al. Anti-plasmodial activity of Dicoma tomentosa (Asteraceae) and identification of urospermal A-15-O-acetate as the main active compound. Malar J. 2012;11:289 pubmed publisher..The active extracts of D. tomentosa, as well as urospermal A 15-O-acetate, displayed only a moderate selectivity, and further studies are needed to assess the safety of the use of the plant by the local population. ..
- Louis E. Strategic use of immunosuppressants and anti-TNF in inflammatory bowel disease. Dig Dis. 2013;31:207-12 pubmed publisher..The cost sparing and theoretical decrease in complication risk should be put in perspective with the risk of relapse and disease progression. ..
- Delanaye P, Bouquegneau A, Krzesinski J, Cavalier E, Jean G, Urena Torres P, et al. [Native vitamin D in dialysis patients]. Nephrol Ther. 2015;11:5-15 pubmed publisher..Interest of native vitamin D in first intention is now well demonstrated. This review article describes the vitamin D metabolism and physiology and also the treatment for vitamin D deficiency in ESRD population. ..
- Uwineza A, Hitayezu J, Jamar M, Caberg J, Murorunkwere S, Janvier N, et al. Cytogenetic Studies of Rwandan Pediatric Patients Presenting with Global Developmental Delay, Intellectual Disability and/or Multiple Congenital Anomalies. J Trop Pediatr. 2016;62:38-45 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the importance of cytogenetic analysis in patients with GDD/ID and MCA. ..
- Costa A, Bak T, Caffarra P, Caltagirone C, Ceccaldi M, Collette F, et al. The need for harmonisation and innovation of neuropsychological assessment in neurodegenerative dementias in Europe: consensus document of the Joint Program for Neurodegenerative Diseases Working Group. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:27 pubmed publisher..The results of this study should be considered as a first step to enhancing a common view and practise on NDD assessment across European countries. ..
- Delanaye P, Chapelle J, Ferir A, Gielen J, Krzesinski J, Rorive G. [Evaluation of glomerular filtration rate in clinical practice]. Rev Med Liege. 2003;58:95-100 pubmed..All these methods have bias. Other approaches have thus been proposed. The limitations and advantages of isotopic methods and recent mathematical approaches (MDRD formula) are reviewed...
- Alberini J, Belhocine T, Hustinx R, Daenen F, Rigo P. Whole-body positron emission tomography using fluorodeoxyglucose in patients with metastases of unknown primary tumours (CUP syndrome). Nucl Med Commun. 2003;24:1081-6 pubmed..Otherwise, PET allows the evaluation of the extent of the disease and could be used to monitor treatment efficiency. Its contribution has to be evaluated particularly in patients with primary tumour with a specific treatment. ..
- Lakaye B, Verlaet M, Dubail J, Czerniecki J, Bontems S, Makarchikov A, et al. Expression of 25 kDa thiamine triphosphatase in rodent tissues using quantitative PCR and characterization of its mRNA. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2004;36:2032-41 pubmed..This is the first study demonstrating a cell-specific 25 kDa ThTPase mRNA expression, suggesting that this enzyme might be related to the degree of differentiation or the metabolic state of the cell. ..
- Nisolle M, Kridelka F, Fridman V, Claudot A, Lorquet S, Foidart J. [A bilateral dysgerminoma: a rare presentation of the Swyer syndrome]. Rev Med Liege. 2005;60:703-6 pubmed..The diagnosis is usually made at adolescence when the primary amenorrhea is investigated. We report the case of a 25-year-old XY woman who developed a bilateral dysgerminoma from undifferentiated gonads...
- Allena M, Magis D, De Pasqua V, Schoenen J, Bisdorff A. The vestibulo-collic reflex is abnormal in migraine. Cephalalgia. 2007;27:1150-5 pubmed..04). The combination with a reduced mean amplitude does not favour vestibular hyperexcitability as an explanation for the habituation deficit in migraine, but rather an abnormal processing of repeated stimuli in the reflex circuit. ..
- Gatot J, Gioia R, Chau T, Patrascu F, Warnier M, Close P, et al. Lipopolysaccharide-mediated interferon regulatory factor activation involves TBK1-IKKepsilon-dependent Lys(63)-linked polyubiquitination and phosphorylation of TANK/I-TRAF. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:31131-46 pubmed
- Maweja S, Materne R, Detrembleur N, de Leval L, Defechereux T, Meurisse M, et al. Adrenal ganglioneuroma. Am J Surg. 2007;194:683-4 pubmed..Pathological examination after adrenalectomy concluded it was an adrenal ganglioneuroma. We studied the characteristics of adrenal ganglioneuroma...
- Delhalle L, Saegerman C, Farnir F, Korsak N, Maes D, Messens W, et al. Salmonella surveillance and control at post-harvest in the Belgian pork meat chain. Food Microbiol. 2009;26:265-71 pubmed publisher..21+/-0.50 to 1.23+/-0.89 log CFU/g and from 1.33+/-0.58 to 2.78+/-0.43 log CFU/g, respectively. The results showed that faecal contamination still needs to be reduced, especially in specific individual plants. ..
- Reginster J, Bruyere O, Sawicki A, Roces Varela A, Fardellone P, Roberts A, et al. Long-term treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis with strontium ranelate: results at 8 years. Bone. 2009;45:1059-64 pubmed publisher..This article describes the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of this agent over 8 years...
- de Nijs L, Leon C, Nguyen L, LoTurco J, Delgado Escueta A, Grisar T, et al. EFHC1 interacts with microtubules to regulate cell division and cortical development. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:1266-74 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that EFHC1 is a regulator of cell division and neuronal migration during cortical development and that disruption of its functions leads to JME. ..
- O CONNOR K, Magne J, Rosca M, Pierard L, Lancellotti P. Left atrial function and remodelling in aortic stenosis. Eur J Echocardiogr. 2011;12:299-305 pubmed publisher..In AS, changes in LA function did not parallel changes in LA size. Furthermore, the increase in LA volume does not necessarily reflect the presence of intrinsic LA dysfunction. ..
- Calusinska M, Joris B, Wilmotte A. Genetic diversity and amplification of different clostridial [FeFe] hydrogenases by group-specific degenerate primers. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2011;53:473-80 pubmed publisher..Using this strategy for a screening of different Clostridium ssp. will provide new insights into the diversity of hydrogenase genes and should be a first step to study a complex hydrogen metabolism of this genus. ..
- Louis E, Mary J, Vernier Massouille G, Grimaud J, Bouhnik Y, Laharie D, et al. Maintenance of remission among patients with Crohn's disease on antimetabolite therapy after infliximab therapy is stopped. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:63-70.e5; quiz e31 pubmed publisher..However, patients with a low risk of relapse can be identified using a combination of clinical and biologic markers. ..
- Sacheli R, Delacroix L, Vandenackerveken P, Nguyen L, Malgrange B. Gene transfer in inner ear cells: a challenging race. Gene Ther. 2013;20:237-47 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes and discusses recent advances in inner ear gene-transfer technologies aimed at examining gene function or identifying new treatment for inner ear disorders. ..
- Hermanns Le T, Berardesca E, Pierard G, Lesuisse M, Pierard Franchimont C. Challenging regional psoriasis and ustekinumab biotherapy: impact of the patterns of disease. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2012;2012:413767 pubmed publisher..Data were not supported by bioinstrumental assessments and controlled trials. Overall, they are indicative of potential efficacy. The cost-effectiveness and the risk-benefit assessments merit further investigations. ..
- Descy J, de Mol P, Hayette M, Huynen P, Meex C, Melin P. Acute cholecystitis with Listeria monocytogenes. Acta Clin Belg. 2012;67:295-7 pubmed..This case-report provides an opportunity to review the current literature concerning the association of Listeria monocytogenes and cholecystitis. ..
- Anttila V, Winsvold B, Gormley P, Kurth T, Bettella F, McMahon G, et al. Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies new susceptibility loci for migraine. Nat Genet. 2013;45:912-917 pubmed publisher..Three of these loci were identified in disease subgroup analyses. Brain tissue expression quantitative trait locus analysis suggests potential functional candidate genes at four loci: APOA1BP, TBC1D7, FUT9, STAT6 and ATP5B. ..
- Delanaye P, Cavalier E, Fafin C, Dubois B, Krzesinski J, Moranne O. Efficiency of delivery observed treatment in hemodialysis patients: the example of the native vitamin D therapy. J Nephrol. 2016;29:99-103 pubmed publisher..After DOT, 29 patients (76 %) reached the target concentration of 30 ng/mL. In hemodialysis patients, DOT is both simple and effective to increase the therapeutic impact to native vitamin D. ..
- Levi F, Karaboué A, Saffroy R, Desterke C, Boige V, Smith D, et al. Pharmacogenetic determinants of outcomes on triplet hepatic artery infusion and intravenous cetuximab for liver metastases from colorectal cancer (European trial OPTILIV, NCT00852228). Br J Cancer. 2017;117:965-973 pubmed publisher..VKORC1, NAT2 and ABCB1 variants predicted for HAI efficacy. Pharmacogenetics could guide the personalisation of liver-targeted medico-surgical therapies. ..
- Krstevska Konstantinova M, Charlier C, Craen M, Du Caju M, Heinrichs C, de Beaufort C, et al. Sexual precocity after immigration from developing countries to Belgium: evidence of previous exposure to organochlorine pesticides. Hum Reprod. 2001;16:1020-6 pubmed..1 ng/ml). A possible relationship between transient exposure to endocrine disrupters and sexual precocity is suggested, and deserves further studies in immigrant children with non-advanced puberty. ..
- Viatour P, Bentires Alj M, Chariot A, Deregowski V, de Leval L, Merville M, et al. NF- kappa B2/p100 induces Bcl-2 expression. Leukemia. 2003;17:1349-56 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrated that, in breast cancer and leukemic cells (CLL), high NF-kappaB2/p100 expression was associated with high Bcl-2 expression. Our data suggest that Bcl-2 could be an in vivo target gene for NF-kappaB2/p100. ..
- Henry F, Salomon Neira M, Letot B, Pierard Franchimont C, Pierard G. [How I prevent erysipelas and its consequences and recurrences]. Rev Med Liege. 2004;59:423-5 pubmed..Elastic contention of any leg edema from venous or lymphatic origin and prophylactic antisepsis of discrete wounds help in preventing erysipelas recurrences. ..
- Xhauflaire Uhoda E, Vroome V, Cauwenbergh G, Pierard G. Dynamics of skin barrier repair following topical applications of miconazole nitrate. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2006;19:290-4 pubmed..A faster SBF recovery rate was obtained at the site receiving the miconazole nitrate paste. We conclude that the occlusive effect of a paste helped mitigate SBF defect. The adjunction of miconazole nitrate improved the efficacy. ..
- Nguyen L, Borgs L, Vandenbosch R, Mangin J, Beukelaers P, Moonen G, et al. The Yin and Yang of cell cycle progression and differentiation in the oligodendroglial lineage. Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev. 2006;12:85-96 pubmed..e. the initial steps of oligodendrocyte lineage progression that are obviously crucial in health and diseases. ..
- de Nijs L, Lakaye B, Coumans B, Leon C, Ikeda T, Delgado Escueta A, et al. EFHC1, a protein mutated in juvenile myoclonic epilepsy, associates with the mitotic spindle through its N-terminus. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:2872-9 pubmed..Deletion analyses revealed that the N-terminal region of EFHC1 is crucial for the association with the mitotic spindle and the midbody. Our results suggest that EFHC1 could play an important role during cell division. ..
- Ramery E, Closset R, Bureau F, Art T, Lekeux P. Relevance of using a human microarray to study gene expression in heaves-affected horses. Vet J. 2008;177:216-21 pubmed..Although some candidate genes have been identified using this method, a complete expression profile of genes related to heaves could not be obtained with the use of the human microarray. ..
- Herfs M, Hubert P, Kholod N, Caberg J, Gilles C, Berx G, et al. Transforming growth factor-beta1-mediated Slug and Snail transcription factor up-regulation reduces the density of Langerhans cells in epithelial metaplasia by affecting E-cadherin expression. Am J Pathol. 2008;172:1391-402 pubmed publisher
- Quatresooz P, Pierard Franchimont C, Szepetiuk G, Devillers C, Pierard G. Fungal chitin-glucan scaffold for managing diabetic xerosis of the feet in menopausal women. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2009;10:2221-9 pubmed publisher..A steep increase was followed by a plateau level and a rapid decline after stopping the treatments. The increased moisturization of the SC of the sole probably improves the desquamation process and reduces xerosis of the soles. ..
- Bruyere O, Collette J, Rizzoli R, Decock C, Ortolani S, Cormier C, et al. Relationship between 3-month changes in biochemical markers of bone remodelling and changes in bone mineral density and fracture incidence in patients treated with strontium ranelate for 3 years. Osteoporos Int. 2010;21:1031-6 pubmed publisher
- Lancellotti P, Moura L, Pierard L, Agricola E, Popescu B, Tribouilloy C, et al. European Association of Echocardiography recommendations for the assessment of valvular regurgitation. Part 2: mitral and tricuspid regurgitation (native valve disease). Eur J Echocardiogr. 2010;11:307-32 pubmed publisher..The present document aims to provide standards for the assessment of mitral and tricuspid regurgitation. ..
- Brysse A, Mestdagt M, Polette M, Luczka E, Hunziker W, Noel A, et al. Regulation of CXCL8/IL-8 expression by zonula occludens-1 in human breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2012;10:121-32 pubmed publisher..Our results thus clearly show an implication of ZO-1 in CXCL8/IL-8 regulation. Because of the major implications of CXCL8/IL-8 in tumor invasion, such a regulation could play an important role in breast cancer progression. ..
- Magne J, Mahjoub H, Pierard L, O CONNOR K, Pirlet C, Pibarot P, et al. Prognostic importance of brain natriuretic peptide and left ventricular longitudinal function in asymptomatic degenerative mitral regurgitation. Heart. 2012;98:584-91 pubmed publisher..BNP is a powerful independent predictor of cardiac events. Measurement of plasma BNP may help to improve risk stratification and management of asymptomatic patients with degenerative MR. ..