Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cattle in Gembloux, Wallonia, Belgium
Locale: Gembloux, Wallonia, Belgium
- Dequiedt F, Willems L, Burny A, Kettmann R. Nucleotide sequence of the bovine P53 tumor-suppressor cDNA. DNA Seq. 1995;5:261-4 pubmed..Furthermore, the homology is not equally distributed along the molecule since the highest divergence is located within the exon 4. The bovine p53 shares 93% and 91% homology with the ovine p53 at the DNA and protein level respectively. ..
- Yu Q, Reichert M, Brousseau T, Cleuter Y, Burny A, Kettmann R. Sequence of bovine CD5. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:5296 pubmed
- Merezak C, Pierreux C, Adam E, Lemaigre F, Rousseau G, Calomme C, et al. Suboptimal enhancer sequences are required for efficient bovine leukemia virus propagation in vivo: implications for viral latency. J Virol. 2001;75:6977-88 pubmed..These observations, which were obtained in an animal model for HTLV-1, are of interest for oncovirus-induced pathogenesis in humans...
- Debacq C, Sanchez Alcaraz M, Mortreux F, Kerkhofs P, Kettmann R, Willems L. Reduced proviral loads during primo-infection of sheep by Bovine Leukemia virus attenuated mutants. Retrovirology. 2004;1:31 pubmed..In order to better understand the mechanisms associated with this period, we aimed at analyzing simultaneously three parameters: B-lymphocytosis, cell proliferation and viral replication...
- Florins A, Gillet N, Asquith B, Boxus M, Burteau C, Twizere J, et al. Cell dynamics and immune response to BLV infection: a unifying model. Front Biosci. 2007;12:1520-31 pubmed..As conclusion, we propose a hypothetical model unifying all these mechanisms...
- Gillet N, Florins A, Boxus M, Burteau C, Nigro A, Vandermeers F, et al. Mechanisms of leukemogenesis induced by bovine leukemia virus: prospects for novel anti-retroviral therapies in human. Retrovirology. 2007;4:18 pubmed..Recently, the BLV model has also cast light onto novel prospects for therapies of HTLV induced diseases, for which no satisfactory treatment exists so far...
- Willems L, Kettmann R, Chen G, Portetelle D, Burny A, Derse D. Nucleotide sequence of the bovine cyclic-AMP responsive DNA binding protein (CREB2) cDNA. DNA Seq. 1991;1:415-7 pubmed..The deduced amino acid sequence revealed that CREB2 contains a leucine zipper structure (residue 295 to 316), a basic amino acid domain (residue 268 to 291) and several potential phosphorylation sites. ..
- Sneyers M, Kettmann R, Massart S, Renaville R, Burny A, Portetelle D. Cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding the bovine insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 (bIGFBP-1). DNA Seq. 1991;1:407-8 pubmed..This communication reports the complete amino acid sequence (263 amino acids) for the insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1 in the bovine (bIGFBP-1). It is 70% homologous with the equivalent IGFBP-1 in human and rat. ..
- Sneyers M, Kettmann R, Massart S, Renaville R, Burny A, Portetelle D. Cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding the beta-subunit of the bovine insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor. DNA Seq. 1991;1:405-6 pubmed..This communication reports the sequence of the beta-subunit of the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor. It shares 91.1% homology at the nucleotide level and 97.7% at the amino acid level with the equivalent human receptor subunit. ..