Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Liège, Wallonia, Belgium
Locale: Liège, Wallonia, Belgium
Publications202 found, 100 shown here
- Das K, Siebert U, Gillet A, Dupont A, Di Poi C, Fonfara S, et al. Mercury immune toxicity in harbour seals: links to in vitro toxicity. Environ Health. 2008;7:52 pubmed publisher..MeHg could be an additional cofactor in the immunosuppressive pollutant cocktail generally described in the blood of seals and this therefore raises the possibility of additional additive effects in the marine mammal immune system. ..
- Daly A, Tichomirowa M, Beckers A. Genetic, molecular and clinical features of familial isolated pituitary adenomas. Horm Res. 2009;71 Suppl 2:116-22 pubmed publisher..This article describes the clinical features of FIPA, the tumour pathologies found in this setting and the genetic/molecular data that have recently been reported in FIPA. ..
- Denoël M, Ivanović A, Dzukić G, Kalezić M. Sexual size dimorphism in the evolutionary context of facultative paedomorphosis: insights from European newts. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:278 pubmed publisher..These findings emphasize the importance of studying alternative morphotypes, which are found in a wide range of animal groups, to understand the evolution of SSD. ..
- Maquet P. Understanding non rapid eye movement sleep through neuroimaging. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2010;11 Suppl 1:9-15 pubmed publisher..These neural activity patterns have possible implications for memory processing. ..
- Pierard Franchimont C, Quatresooz P, Pierard G. Skin diseases associated with Bartonella infection: facts and controversies. Clin Dermatol. 2010;28:483-8 pubmed publisher..Controversies exist about the implication of a few other microorganisms being involved in these diseases. Several other conditions have been associated with the presence of Bartonella spp, but these observations await confirmation...
- Tchemtchoua V, Atanasova G, Aqil A, Filee P, Garbacki N, Vanhooteghem O, et al. Development of a chitosan nanofibrillar scaffold for skin repair and regeneration. Biomacromolecules. 2011;12:3194-204 pubmed publisher..Altogether our data illustrate the critical importance of the nanofibrillar structure of chitosan devices for their full biocompatibility and demonstrate the significant beneficial effect of chitosan as a wound-healing biomaterial. ..
- Schnitzler J, Celis N, Klaren P, Blust R, Dirtu A, Covaci A, et al. Thyroid dysfunction in sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax): underlying mechanisms and effects of polychlorinated biphenyls on thyroid hormone physiology and metabolism. Aquat Toxicol. 2011;105:438-47 pubmed publisher..At 10 times higher concentrations (10 ?g ?7PCBs per g food pellets) an important depression of T(3) and T(4) levels could be observed which are apparently caused by degenerative histological changes in the thyroid tissue...
- Stevens V, Trochet A, Van Dyck H, Clobert J, Baguette M. How is dispersal integrated in life histories: a quantitative analysis using butterflies. Ecol Lett. 2012;15:74-86 pubmed publisher..Together, these results provide important insights into evolutionary dynamics under global environmental changes, and are directly applicable to biodiversity conservation...
- Tavel L, Jaquillard L, Karsisiotis A, Saab F, Jouvensal L, Brans A, et al. Ligand binding study of human PEBP1/RKIP: interaction with nucleotides and Raf-1 peptides evidenced by NMR and mass spectrometry. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36187 pubmed publisher..In addition, our work confirms that residues in the vicinity of the pocket rather than those within the pocket seem to be required for interaction with Raf-1. ..
- Kaux J, Drion P, Colige A, Pascon F, Libertiaux V, Hoffmann A, et al. Effects of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) on the healing of Achilles tendons of rats. Wound Repair Regen. 2012;20:748-56 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, an injection of PRP in sectioned rat Achilles tendon influences the early phase of tendon healing and results in an ultimately stronger mechanical resistance...
- Kohn G, Delvaux D, Lakaye B, Servais A, Scholer G, Fillet M, et al. High inorganic triphosphatase activities in bacteria and mammalian cells: identification of the enzymes involved. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43879 pubmed publisher..The role of these enzymes may be to hydrolyze PPP(i), which could be cytotoxic because of its high affinity for Ca(2+), thereby interfering with Ca(2+) signaling. ..
- Demoulin S, Herfs M, Delvenne P, Hubert P. Tumor microenvironment converts plasmacytoid dendritic cells into immunosuppressive/tolerogenic cells: insight into the molecular mechanisms. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;93:343-52 pubmed publisher..e., TLR agonists) with elimination of immune-suppressing mechanisms, leading to pDC reprogramming and thus, allowing tumor rejection in a clinical setting. ..
- Bruck F, Belle L, Lechanteur C, de Leval L, Hannon M, Dubois S, et al. Impact of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells on experimental xenogeneic graft-versus-host disease. Cytotherapy. 2013;15:267-79 pubmed publisher..Injection of 3 × 10(6) MSCs IP on days 0, 7, 14 and 21 did not prevent lethal xenogeneic GVHD induced by injection of human PBMCs. Injection of MSCs did not prevent xenogeneic GVHD in these two humanized mice models. ..
- Ronsse V, Verstegen J, Onclin K, Guiot A, Aeberle C, Nauwynck H, et al. Seroprevalence of canine herpesvirus-1 in the Belgian dog population in 2000. Reprod Domest Anim. 2002;37:299-304 pubmed
- Hajitou A, Grignet C, Devy L, Berndt S, Blacher S, Deroanne C, et al. The antitumoral effect of endostatin and angiostatin is associated with a down-regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor expression in tumor cells. FASEB J. 2002;16:1802-4 pubmed..This work provides evidence that endostatin and angiostatin act on tumor cells themselves. ..
- Beliard A, Noel A, Goffin F, Frankenne F, Foidart J. Role of endocrine status and cell type in adhesion of human endometrial cells to the peritoneum in nude mice. Fertil Steril. 2002;78:973-8 pubmed..The results emphasize the role of both endometrial cell types for ectopic implantation. ..
- Denoël M, Schabetsberger R, Joly P. Trophic specialisations in alternative heterochronic morphs. Naturwissenschaften. 2004;91:81-4 pubmed..Food diversity may thus favour the evolutionary maintenance of facultative polymorphism in natural populations...
- Halloy D, Kirschvink N, Mainil J, Gustin P. Synergistic action of E. coli endotoxin and Pasteurella multocida type A for the induction of bronchopneumonia in pigs. Vet J. 2005;169:417-26 pubmed..We concluded that LPS may negatively influence growth, predispose to persisting lung inflammatory process and promote Pma infection depending on the dose previously administered. ..
- Marlier D, Dewrée R, Lassence C, Licois D, Mainil J, Coudert P, et al. Infectious agents associated with epizootic rabbit enteropathy: isolation and attempts to reproduce the syndrome. Vet J. 2006;172:493-500 pubmed..Although attempts to reproduce the disease by inoculation with different pools of cultivable bacterial strains failed, the disease was successfully reproduced by inoculation with one French and two Belgian samples of caecal contents. ..
- Billen F, Day M, Clercx C. Diagnosis of pharyngeal disorders in dogs: a retrospective study of 67 cases. J Small Anim Pract. 2006;47:122-9 pubmed..Clinical signs do not allow differentiation of the pharyngeal disorder within the different pharyngeal areas. ..
- Castronovo V, Kischel P, Guillonneau F, de Leval L, Defechereux T, De Pauw E, et al. Identification of specific reachable molecular targets in human breast cancer using a versatile ex vivo proteomic method. Proteomics. 2007;7:1188-96 pubmed..Overall, this powerful technology may lay the ground not only for custom-made therapies in cancer, but also for the development of therapies that need to be selectively delivered in a specific tissue. ..
- Charlier C, Coppieters W, Rollin F, Desmecht D, Agerholm J, Cambisano N, et al. Highly effective SNP-based association mapping and management of recessive defects in livestock. Nat Genet. 2008;40:449-54 pubmed publisher..Identification of these causative mutations has an immediate translation into breeding practice, allowing marker assisted selection against the defects through avoidance of at-risk matings...
- Adamantidis A, Salvert D, Goutagny R, Lakaye B, Gervasoni D, Grisar T, et al. Sleep architecture of the melanin-concentrating hormone receptor 1-knockout mice. Eur J Neurosci. 2008;27:1793-800 pubmed publisher..This study also suggests that the MCH system may modulate central pathways involved in the wake-promoting effect of modafinil. ..
- Linden A, Gregoire F, Nahayo A, Hanrez D, Mousset B, Massart A, et al. Bluetongue virus in wild deer, Belgium, 2005-2008. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010;16:833-6 pubmed publisher..Infection emerged in 2006 and spread over the study area in red deer, but not in roe deer...
- Mathy A, Baldo A, Schoofs L, Cambier L, Defaweux V, Tabart J, et al. Fungalysin and dipeptidyl-peptidase gene transcription in Microsporum canis strains isolated from symptomatic and asymptomatic cats. Vet Microbiol. 2010;146:179-82 pubmed publisher..This study shows that the clinical aspect of M. canis feline dermatophytosis depends upon factors relating to the host rather than to the proteolytic activity of the infective fungal strain. ..
- Lecat A, Piette J, Legrand Poels S. The protein Nod2: an innate receptor more complex than previously assumed. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;80:2021-31 pubmed publisher..Recently, Nod2 has been also shown to be exquisitely tuned to detect mycobacterial infections and mount a protective immunity against these pathogens. ..
- Chaballe L, Close P, Sempels M, Delstanche S, Fanielle J, Moons L, et al. Involvement of placental growth factor in Wallerian degeneration. Glia. 2011;59:379-96 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this work originally describes PlGF as a novel member of the cytokine network of WD. ..
- Kinet V, Castermans K, Herkenne S, Maillard C, Blacher S, Lion M, et al. The angiostatic protein 16K human prolactin significantly prevents tumor-induced lymphangiogenesis by affecting lymphatic endothelial cells. Endocrinology. 2011;152:4062-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggest, for the first time, that 16K hPRL is a lymphangiostatic as well as an angiostatic agent with antitumor properties. ..
- Rocks N, Bekaert S, Coia I, Paulissen G, Gueders M, Evrard B, et al. Curcumin-cyclodextrin complexes potentiate gemcitabine effects in an orthotopic mouse model of lung cancer. Br J Cancer. 2012;107:1083-92 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data underline a potential additive effect of curcumin with gemcitabine thus providing an efficient therapeutic option for antilung cancer therapy. ..
- Charlier C, Agerholm J, Coppieters W, Karlskov Mortensen P, Li W, de Jong G, et al. A deletion in the bovine FANCI gene compromises fertility by causing fetal death and brachyspina. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43085 pubmed publisher..We postulate that several other embryonic lethals may segregate in livestock and significantly compromise fertility, and propose a genotype-driven screening strategy to detect the corresponding deleterious mutations...
- Leroux A, Moonen M, Pierard L, Kolh P, Amory H. Animal models of mitral regurgitation induced by mitral valve chordae tendineae rupture. J Heart Valve Dis. 2012;21:416-23 pubmed..The present review summarizes the physiological effects of each of these techniques, and compares the advantages and disadvantages of each procedure. ..
- Devreese L, Huynen M, Stevens J, Todd A. Group size of a permanent large group of agile mangabeys (Cercocebus agilis) at Bai Hokou, Central African Republic. Folia Primatol (Basel). 2013;84:67-73 pubmed publisher..This permanent large grouping pattern is known to occur among several populations of white-eyelid mangabeys and is congruent with extreme group sizes reported in mandrills at Lopé in Gabon. ..
- Bureau F, Coghe J, Uystepruyst C, Desmecht D, Lekeux P. Maximal ventilation assessment in healthy calves. Vet J. 1999;157:309-14 pubmed..Lobeline administration, unlike the rebreathing trial, is safe and easy to standardize, and the test therefore seems to be the preferred way of studying maximal ventilation in calves. ..
- Balthazart J, Baillien M, Ball G. Phosphorylation processes mediate rapid changes of brain aromatase activity. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2001;79:261-77 pubmed..Locally-produced estrogens are as a consequence available for non-genomic regulation of neuronal physiology in a manner more akin to the action of a neuropeptide/neurotransmitter than previously thought. ..
- Charlier T, Lakaye B, Ball G, Balthazart J. Steroid receptor coactivator SRC-1 exhibits high expression in steroid-sensitive brain areas regulating reproductive behaviors in the quail brain. Neuroendocrinology. 2002;76:297-315 pubmed
- Viatour P, Dejardin E, Warnier M, Lair F, Claudio E, Bureau F, et al. GSK3-mediated BCL-3 phosphorylation modulates its degradation and its oncogenicity. Mol Cell. 2004;16:35-45 pubmed..Our results therefore suggest that constitutive BCL-3 phosphorylation by GSK3 regulates BCL-3 turnover and transcriptional activity. ..
- Tambour S, Didone V, Tirelli E, Quertemont E. Dissociation between the locomotor and anxiolytic effects of acetaldehyde in the elevated plus-maze: evidence that acetaldehyde is not involved in the anxiolytic effects of ethanol in mice. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2005;15:655-62 pubmed..Together, the results of the present study indicate that acetaldehyde is not involved in ethanol-induced anxiolytic effects, although it may be involved in its sedative/hypolocomotor effects...
- Chabottaux V, Ricaud S, Host L, Blacher S, Paye A, Thiry M, et al. Membrane-type 4 matrix metalloproteinase (MT4-MMP) induces lung metastasis by alteration of primary breast tumour vascular architecture. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:4002-13 pubmed publisher..On this basis, we propose that MT4-MMP promotes lung metastasis by disturbing the tumour vessel integrity and thereby facilitating tumour cell intravasation. ..
- Mathijs E, Muylkens B, Mauroy A, Ziant D, Delwiche T, Thiry E. Experimental evidence of recombination in murine noroviruses. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:2723-33 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the results show that exchange of genetic material between NoVs can generate viruses with distinct biological properties from the parental viruses. ..
- Gangolf M, Czerniecki J, Radermecker M, Detry O, Nisolle M, Jouan C, et al. Thiamine status in humans and content of phosphorylated thiamine derivatives in biopsies and cultured cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13616 pubmed publisher..Another novel finding is the presence of ThTP and AThTP in poorly differentiated fast-growing cells, suggesting a hitherto unsuspected link between these compounds and cell division or differentiation. ..
- Porter S, Czaplicki G, Mainil J, Horii Y, Misawa N, Saegerman C. Q fever in Japan: an update review. Vet Microbiol. 2011;149:298-306 pubmed publisher..Important further research is necessary to improve knowledge of the disease itself, the endogenous hosts and reservoirs, and the epidemiological cycle of coxiellosis in Japan. ..
- Chaballe L, Schoenen J, Franzen R. Placental growth factor: a tissue modelling factor with therapeutic potentials in neurology?. Acta Neurol Belg. 2011;111:10-7 pubmed
- Sabri A, Hance T, Leroy P, Frère I, Haubruge E, Destain J, et al. Placenta-like structure of the aphid endoparasitic wasp Aphidius ervi: a strategy of optimal resources acquisition. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18847 pubmed publisher..Such interspecific invasion, at the cellular level, recalls mammal's trophoblasts that anchors maternal uterine wall and underlines the high adaptation of A. ervi to develop in the host body. ..
- Drion G, Massotte L, Sepulchre R, Seutin V. How modeling can reconcile apparently discrepant experimental results: the case of pacemaking in dopaminergic neurons. PLoS Comput Biol. 2011;7:e1002050 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the fact that computational approaches, besides their well known confirmatory and predictive interests in neurophysiology, may also be useful to resolve apparent discrepancies between experimental results. ..
- de Tullio P, Servais A, Fillet M, Gillotin F, Somers F, Chiap P, et al. Hydroxylated analogues of ATP-sensitive potassium channel openers belonging to the group of 6- and/or 7-substituted 3-isopropylamino-4H-1,2,4-benzothiadiazine 1,1-dioxides: toward an improvement in sulfonylurea receptor 1 selectivity and metabolism s. J Med Chem. 2011;54:8353-61 pubmed publisher
- Poncin G, Beaulieu A, Humblet C, Thiry A, Oda K, Boniver J, et al. Characterization of spontaneous bone marrow recovery after sublethal total body irradiation: importance of the osteoblastic/adipocytic balance. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30818 pubmed publisher..Then, in a second time (pre)osteoblasts progressively disappeared in favour of adipocytic cells which down regulated the proliferation and granulocytic differentiation and then contributed to a return to pre-irradiation conditions. ..
- Johnen N, Francart M, Thelen N, Cloes M, Thiry M. Evidence for a partial epithelial-mesenchymal transition in postnatal stages of rat auditory organ morphogenesis. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;138:477-88 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that a partial EMT might be involved in the remodelling of the Corti organ during the postnatal stages of development in rat. ..
- Gregoire F, Mousset B, Hanrez D, Michaux C, Walravens K, Linden A. A serological and bacteriological survey of brucellosis in wild boar (Sus scrofa) in Belgium. BMC Vet Res. 2012;8:80 pubmed publisher..Several serological tests were used and compared with culture and IS711 polymerase chain reaction (PCR), to determine the most suitable combination of diagnostic tools for conducting a successful prevalence study in wildlife...
- Pironet A, Desaive T, Kosta S, Lucas A, Paeme S, Collet A, et al. A multi-scale cardiovascular system model can account for the load-dependence of the end-systolic pressure-volume relationship. Biomed Eng Online. 2013;12:8 pubmed publisher..In particular, the developed multi-scale model of the cardiovascular system can capture the load-dependence of the end-systolic pressure-volume relationship. ..
- Humblet M, Vandeputte S, Mignot C, Bellet C, de Koeijer A, Swanenburg M, et al. How to Assess Data Availability, Accessibility and Format for Risk Analysis?. Transbound Emerg Dis. 2016;63:e173-e186 pubmed publisher..Such an approach could be described as transparent and traceable and should be performed systematically. ..
- Brouta F, Descamps F, Monod M, Vermout S, Losson B, Mignon B. Secreted metalloprotease gene family of Microsporum canis. Infect Immun. 2002;70:5676-83 pubmed..canis-infected guinea pigs showed that at least MEP2 and MEP3 are produced during the infection process. This is the first report describing the isolation of a gene family encoding potential virulence-related factors in dermatophytes. ..
- Zecchinon L, Fett T, Desmecht D. How Mannheimia haemolytica defeats host defence through a kiss of death mechanism. Vet Res. 2005;36:133-56 pubmed
- Franck T, Kohnen S, Grulke S, Neven P, Goutman Y, Peters F, et al. Inhibitory effect of curcuminoids and tetrahydrocurcuminoids on equine activated neutrophils and myeloperoxidase activity. Physiol Res. 2008;57:577-87 pubmed..These inhibitory effects of curcuminoids on the oxidant activity of equine neutrophils and on MPO activity open therapeutic perspectives in equine pathologies with excessive inflammatory reactions. ..
- Meyer G, Lemaire M, Ros C, Belak K, Gabriel A, Cassart D, et al. Comparative pathogenesis of acute and latent infections of calves with bovine herpesvirus types 1 and 5. Arch Virol. 2001;146:633-52 pubmed..These results indicate that, after primary infection, BHV-1 and BHV-5 displayed similar biological features and consequently need to be considered together for the control of BHV-1 infection...
- Tabart J, Baldo A, Vermout S, Nusgens B, Lapiere C, Losson B, et al. Reconstructed interfollicular feline epidermis as a model for Microsporum canis dermatophytosis. J Med Microbiol. 2007;56:971-5 pubmed..In view of these results, an M. canis dermatophytosis model on RFE seems to be a useful tool to investigate mechanisms involved in natural M. canis feline infections. ..
- Dupiereux I, Falisse Poirrier N, Zorzi W, Watt N, Thellin O, Zorzi D, et al. Protective effect of prion protein via the N-terminal region in mediating a protective effect on paraquat-induced oxidative injury in neuronal cells. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:653-9 pubmed
- de la Rebière G, Franck T, Deby Dupont G, Salciccia A, Grulke S, Peters F, et al. Effects of unfractionated and fractionated heparins on myeloperoxidase activity and interactions with endothelial cells: possible effects on the pathophysiology of equine laminitis. Vet J. 2008;178:62-9 pubmed..The results confirm the anti-inflammatory properties of heparins and allow a better understanding of the potential role of MPO in laminitis. ..
- Lallemend F, VandenBosch R, Hadjab S, Bodson M, Breuskin I, Moonen G, et al. New insights into peripherin expression in cochlear neurons. Neuroscience. 2007;150:212-22 pubmed
- Bolognin M, Kirschvink N, Leemans J, De Buscher V, Snaps F, Gustin P, et al. Characterisation of the acute and reversible airway inflammation induced by cadmium chloride inhalation in healthy dogs and evaluation of the effects of salbutamol and prednisolone. Vet J. 2009;179:443-50 pubmed..Salbutamol had almost no effect on any of the parameters investigated...
- Votion D, Linden A, Saegerman C, Engels P, Erpicum M, Thiry E, et al. History and clinical features of atypical myopathy in horses in Belgium (2000-2005). J Vet Intern Med. 2007;21:1380-91 pubmed..Management of AM outbreaks should include control of Co-G horses who are apparently healthy. ..
- Balthazart J, Taziaux M. The underestimated role of olfaction in avian reproduction?. Behav Brain Res. 2009;200:248-59 pubmed publisher..Experimental analysis of this phenomenon is thus warranted and should lead to a significant change in our understanding of avian biology. ..
- Creppe C, Malinouskaya L, Volvert M, Gillard M, Close P, Malaise O, et al. Elongator controls the migration and differentiation of cortical neurons through acetylation of alpha-tubulin. Cell. 2009;136:551-64 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover alpha-tubulin as a target of the Elongator complex and suggest that a tight regulation of its acetylation underlies the maturation of cortical projection neurons. ..
- de la Rebière de Pouyade G, Serteyn D. The role of activated neutrophils in the early stage of equine laminitis. Vet J. 2011;189:27-33 pubmed publisher..Neutrophils, by the way of their interdependent relationship with endothelial cells and keratinocytes, dramatically increase the inflammatory response culminating in the failure of the laminar dermal-epidermal interface. ..
- Zhang Z, Druet T. Marker imputation with low-density marker panels in Dutch Holstein cattle. J Dairy Sci. 2010;93:5487-94 pubmed publisher..Future studies are required to measure the effect of these imputation error rates on accuracy of genomic selection with low-density SNP panels. ..
- Lequarre A, Andersson L, Andre C, Fredholm M, Hitte C, Leeb T, et al. LUPA: a European initiative taking advantage of the canine genome architecture for unravelling complex disorders in both human and dogs. Vet J. 2011;189:155-9 pubmed publisher..Several complex diseases have been mapped and fine mapping is underway. These findings should ultimately lead to a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying complex diseases in both humans and their best friend. ..
- Keutgens A, Simoni P, Detrembleur N, Frippiat F, Giot J, Spirlet F, et al. Fatal alveolar echinococcosis of the lumbar spine. J Clin Microbiol. 2013;51:688-91 pubmed publisher..However, alveolar echinococcosis involving bones has been described only very rarely. Here, a fatal case of spondylodiscitis due to E. multilocularis contracted in southern Belgium is reported. ..
- Mesnil C, Sabatel C, Marichal T, Toussaint M, Cataldo D, Drion P, et al. Resident CD11b(+)Ly6C(-) lung dendritic cells are responsible for allergic airway sensitization to house dust mite in mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e53242 pubmed publisher..Our results thus support that lung resident non-inflammatory CD11c(+)CD11b(+)Ly6C(-) DCs are the essential inducers of allergic airway sensitization to the common aeroallergen HDM in mice. ..
- Halkein J, Tabruyn S, Ricke Hoch M, Haghikia A, Nguyen N, Scherr M, et al. MicroRNA-146a is a therapeutic target and biomarker for peripartum cardiomyopathy. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:2143-54 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that miR-146a is a downstream-mediator of 16K PRL that could potentially serve as a biomarker and therapeutic target for PPCM. ..
- Rakus K, Ouyang P, Boutier M, Ronsmans M, Reschner A, Vancsok C, et al. Cyprinid herpesvirus 3: an interesting virus for applied and fundamental research. Vet Res. 2013;44:85 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarized recent advances in CyHV-3 research with a special interest for studies related to host-virus interactions. ..
- vanEngelsdorp D, Traynor K, Andree M, Lichtenberg E, Chen Y, Saegerman C, et al. Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) and bee age impact honey bee pathophysiology. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179535 pubmed publisher..Our identification of these symptoms is an important first step in understanding the physiological pathways that underlie CCD and factors impacting bee health. ..
- Alward B, Balthazart J, Ball G. Dissociable Effects on Birdsong of Androgen Signaling in Cortex-Like Brain Regions of Canaries. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8612-8624 pubmed publisher..Temporal aspects of song were also differentially affected by androgen signaling in HVC versus RA. Thus, androgen signaling may reduce vocal plasticity by acting in a nonredundant and precise manner in the brain. ..
- Vandereyken M, Jacques S, Van Overmeire E, Amand M, Rocks N, Delierneux C, et al. Dusp3 deletion in mice promotes experimental lung tumour metastasis in a macrophage dependent manner. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185786 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that DUSP3 phosphatase plays a key role in metastatic growth through a mechanism involving the recruitment of macrophages towards LLC-bearing lungs. ..
- Balthazart J, Baillien M, Ball G. Rapid and reversible inhibition of brain aromatase activity. J Neuroendocrinol. 2001;13:63-73 pubmed
- R zik S, Beguin Y. Serum soluble transferrin receptor concentration is an accurate estimate of the mass of tissue receptors. Exp Hematol. 2001;29:677-85 pubmed
- Georges M, Charlier C, Cockett N. The callipyge locus: evidence for the trans interaction of reciprocally imprinted genes. Trends Genet. 2003;19:248-52 pubmed
- Nezer C, Collette C, Moreau L, Brouwers B, Kim J, Giuffra E, et al. Haplotype sharing refines the location of an imprinted quantitative trait locus with major effect on muscle mass to a 250-kb chromosome segment containing the porcine IGF2 gene. Genetics. 2003;165:277-85 pubmed..This considerably reinforces the candidacy of these genes, justifying their detailed analysis. ..
- Gogev S, Georgin J, Schynts F, Vanderplasschen A, Thiry E. Bovine herpesvirus 1 glycoprotein D expression in bovine upper respiratory tract mediated by a human adenovirus type 5. Vet Res. 2004;35:715-21 pubmed..Observed limited gene transfer into well differentiated cattle airway epithelial cells must be taken into consideration in order to enhance transfection efficiency, and consequently the vaccine potential of this vector. ..
- Halloy D, Gustin P, Bouhet S, Oswald I. Oral exposure to culture material extract containing fumonisins predisposes swine to the development of pneumonitis caused by Pasteurellamultocida. Toxicology. 2005;213:34-44 pubmed..Taken together, our data showed that fumonisin culture material is a predisposing factor to lung inflammation. These results may have implications for humans and animals consuming FB(1) contaminated food or feed. ..
- Karangwa C, Esters V, Frederich M, Tits M, Kadima J, Damas J, et al. Chemical and biological investigations of a toxic plant from Central Africa, Magnistipula butayei subsp. montana. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006;103:433-8 pubmed
- Schuller S, Van Israel N, Else R. Third degree atrioventricular block and accelerated idioventricular rhythm associated with a heart base chemodectoma in a syncopal Rottweiler. J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med. 2007;54:618-23 pubmed..There was no neoplastic infiltration of the conduction tissue. Potential mechanisms explaining the association of the arrhythmias and the tumour, such as vagal stimulation and neuroendocrine factors are discussed. ..
- Votion D, Linden A, Delguste C, Amory H, Thiry E, Engels P, et al. Atypical myopathy in grazing horses: a first exploratory data analysis. Vet J. 2009;180:77-87 pubmed publisher..Specific interventions based on these factors might help to reduce the incidence of AM. ..
- Dumez M, Teller N, Mercier F, Tanaka T, Vandenberghe I, Vandenbranden M, et al. Activation mechanism of recombinant Der p 3 allergen zymogen: contribution of cysteine protease Der p 1 and effect of propeptide glycosylation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:30606-17 pubmed publisher..Glycosylation of the propeptide was found to decrease the rate of maturation. Finally, we showed that recombinant Der p 3 is inhibited by the free modified prosequence T(P1)R. ..
- Thiry J, Dams L, Muylkens B, Thiry E. Isolation of cervid herpesvirus 1 from the genital tract of a farmed red deer in Northern France. Vet J. 2011;187:282-3 pubmed publisher..A viral isolate obtained from the genital mucosa of a female red deer was characterised by sequencing and restriction endonuclease analyses as a cervid herpesvirus 1 closely related to Scottish Banffshire 82 strain...
- Josse C, Schoemans R, Niessen N, Delgaudine M, Hellin A, Herens C, et al. Systematic chromosomal aberrations found in murine bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cells Dev. 2010;19:1167-73 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that murine MSCs display high chromosomal instability and can generate tumors, and that care must be taken before using them for the evaluation of MSC therapeutic potential. ..