Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on viral dna in Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
Locale: Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
Topic: viral dna
- Hombrouck A, De Rijck J, Hendrix J, Vandekerckhove L, Voet A, De Maeyer M, et al. Virus evolution reveals an exclusive role for LEDGF/p75 in chromosomal tethering of HIV. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:e47 pubmed..Moreover, the role of LEDGF/p75 in targeting integration will stimulate research on strategies to direct gene therapy vectors into safe landing sites. ..
- Ying C, De Clercq E, Nicholson W, Furman P, Neyts J. Inhibition of the replication of the DNA polymerase M550V mutation variant of human hepatitis B virus by adefovir, tenofovir, L-FMAU, DAPD, penciclovir and lobucavir. J Viral Hepat. 2000;7:161-5 pubmed..All compounds were found to be almost equally effective at inhibiting HBV replication in HepAD38 cells (as in HepG2 2.2.15 cells), except for penciclovir, which was clearly less effective in HepAD38 cells. ..
- van Brussel M, Goubau P, Rousseau R, Desmyter J, Vandamme A. Complete nucleotide sequence of the new simian T-lymphotropic virus, STLV-PH969 from a Hamadryas baboon, and unusual features of its long terminal repeat. J Virol. 1997;71:5464-72 pubmed..We conclude that STLV-PH969 has all the genes and genomic regions to suggest a replication cycle comparable to that of HTLV-1 and HTLV-2...
- Rector A, Mostmans S, Van Doorslaer K, McKnight C, Maes R, Wise A, et al. Genetic characterization of the first chiropteran papillomavirus, isolated from a basosquamous carcinoma in an Egyptian fruit bat: the Rousettus aegyptiacus papillomavirus type 1. Vet Microbiol. 2006;117:267-75 pubmed publisher..This is the first time a papillomavirus has been isolated and characterized from a member of the Chiroptera order...
- Zlateva K, Maes P, Rahman M, Van Ranst M. Chromatography paper strip sampling of enteric adenoviruses type 40 and 41 positive stool specimens. Virol J. 2005;2:6 pubmed
- Rector A, Tachezy R, Van Doorslaer K, MacNamara T, Burk R, Sundberg J, et al. Isolation and cloning of a papillomavirus from a North American porcupine by using multiply primed rolling-circle amplification: the Erethizon dorsatum papillomavirus type 1. Virology. 2005;331:449-56 pubmed publisher..EdPV-1 is only distantly related to other benign cutaneous papillomavirus sequences and is the first member of the novel Sigma papillomavirus genus...
- De Clercq E. Cidofovir in the treatment of poxvirus infections. Antiviral Res. 2002;55:1-13 pubmed
- Van Doorslaer K, Sidi A, Zanier K, Rybin V, Deryck re F, Rector A, et al. Identification of unusual E6 and E7 proteins within avian papillomaviruses: cellular localization, biophysical characterization, and phylogenetic analysis. J Virol. 2009;83:8759-70 pubmed publisher..Both constructs were highly soluble and well folded, according to nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy measurements...
- Ceyssens P, Miroshnikov K, Mattheus W, Krylov V, Robben J, Noben J, et al. Comparative analysis of the widespread and conserved PB1-like viruses infecting Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Environ Microbiol. 2009;11:2874-83 pubmed publisher..These PB1-like viruses constitute a new genus of environmentally very widespread phages within the Myoviridae...